Rate My Teachers | Gateway Community College If you pay attention to the lectures, ask questions, and do the practice exams you will be prepared for the exams. She DEFINITELY knows her stuff for biology and chemistry (I took both of her classes) but definitely a hard tester. Payment and financial aid workers are rude. Shannon is seriously one of the best professors i've ever had. rate my professor gateway community college - HAZ Rental Center Overall, Dr. Meyers is a great professor and is willing to help everyone. I have great professors, and have had a great experience here thus far. Exams, study ppts and look up unfamiliar content; open book and math heavy. . Sports are lacking besides hockey. There are no chapter review for the exams, as per professor too much information and no time for review, (maybe less rambling during lectures) A bit condescending and egotistic His labs are ridiculous gives you packets where you have to draw slides on packet and answer chapter questions. The location is convenient. great staffs, great faculties, perfect career services, strongly recommended. There are some professors at this school that are respectable. The place is unique, and small, with all the same opportunities and amenities as the big schools. She organizes her online class so well and provides videos of her lecture instead of having us work from a textbook. Powerpoints are about 85 + pages long. If a student needs 4 books, and each is about $150 - $300 (it's ridiculous). IT IS WONDERFUL AND GREAT. She is so freaking sweet! read the power points and you will be good. Pacific Islander. JUST SIGN UP NOW! Love the school and everyone seems nice !!!!! Theres much more, I have never felt as uncomfortable and stressed in my life while im unfortunately still attending this school. Various schools from UK, USA, and Canada are added to this site. The college is good and so are some of the staff. She had cared more about watching soccer game in her office,then helping me. Rate My Professors - Google I do not recommend this school at all unless your in the medical field and even then I recommend that you finish your prerequisites elsewhere then transfer your credits once your able to apply to your program/ major. Youre basically on your own. In other words, if you are a college freshman student who is researching or on the prowl for the best professor who can provide you with the best instruction about your course, then, feel free to check out the Rate My Professors app today. Personnel - Gateway Community College - Acalog ACMS It's impossible to fail her class. they encourage you to email them with any questions or call and they never respond and leave you in the dark to figure out your problems. Eastern Gateway Community College Professor Ratings and Reviews Classroom are in serious need of updates, there is no cafeteria and only 1 poorly stocked vending machine for food. I would like to see more clubs and job postings. Eastern Gateway Community College Reviews Updated Jan 3, 2023 Find Reviews Clear All Full-time, Part-time English Filter Found 36 of over 45 reviews Sort Popular Popular COVID-19 Related Highest Rating Lowest Rating Most Recent Oldest First 3.8 63 % Recommend to a Friend 83 % Approve of CEO Michael Geoghegan 7 Ratings Our students stay in the community when they graduate and are committed to giving back and bettering the lives of others. Does not accommodate you if your not able to meet during her office hours. Student service counselors are very nice. As someone who struggled with AP1, I thought AP2 was far easier and stimulating, largely due to professor Meyers' teaching style, organization, lectures, use of lecture recording, accessibility outside of class, etc. Write A Review Carol Brutza Be the first to leave a review! Some of these institutions include TCC Tidewater Community College, ASU Arizona State University, HCC Houston community college, MDC Miami Dade College, UCF University of Central Florida, BYU Brigham Young University, etc. Respiratory Care | GateWay Community College It shows the actual grades from past students. She is always available. It's a decent school like the common areas and lots of vending machines. I wish she taught higher levels of math! However, there are few great food options! For the price, it's a good school to learn a trade and then move on. Shannon is an awesome instructor, she goes above and beyond to make herself available if you need help you. Clear syllabus and course structure. I wish Gateway was more reasonable with the book pricing, instead they make it harder. Write A Review Judith Campbell Be the first to leave a review! This school offers a bunch of opportunities including great job placement and great location if you like the snow. Best professor ever! There are two homework and two quizzes per unit (three units) and there are no tests or exams. Moreover, it has a database for over 1.4 million professors and over 7000 schools as well. His one credit cadaver course is graded entirely on attendance so you literally just have to show up (remarkably some people couldn't even manage this) and not be a jerk to get an A. They over charge for books. Other professors are heavily biased and probably shouldn't be teaching at all. The Sanford campus is by far the best, in my opinion, the library is great and it seems like there are a lot of events there. Gateway Christian Training College - Christian Education After reading other posts on how great this professor was. Instructor (# reviews) View Course: Add Review Everyone there is there for a reason and most people have work/kids after class and dont hang out. Let's make it official. I personally dislike dorm living. My time at Gateway was absolutely amazing. One of the best professors I've ever had. The lab was also interesting. Rate My Professors app is built for college students to help them choose the best courses and professors in the US, UK, and Canada. First of all, it's Anatomy and Physiology. She wants to make sure you have a full understanding of the material she is teaching. The best part are the amazing professors here. Write A Review Did not learn anything. She's always compassionate and patient when helping you get unstuck. MyCommNet & Net ID - Gateway Community College Teachers are awesome; few bad apples in the mix, but thats expected. Student Signup Professor Signup Universities By State Alabama 67 Alaska 11 Arizona 60 Arkansas 38 California 372 Colorado 46 Connecticut 47 Delaware 15 District of Columbia 25 Florida 191 Georgia 129 Hawaii 15 Idaho 14 Illinois 165 Indiana 74 Your NetID Your user name and password is referred to as your NetID. Every single teacher I had was passionate about what they taught, as well as knowledgeable with real world experience in their subject. Rate my Professors to allow college and university students to post or. Awesome overall! Exchange Rate Information. Do not go to learning center, They left me confuse when I needed help in a math class, I passed with a C. I had an English Paper the staff member named Rachel, She was very rude. I absolutely loved Professor Meyers. It is my great pleasure to welcome you to Gateway Community College (GCC). Rate My Professor | Rate Your Professor newest professor View All Professor: Joan Rice School: Los Angeles Valley College City: Valley Glen State: California Department: Nursing Helpful Score: 5 Easy Score: 2.8 Clarity Score: 5 Professor: Lee Patterson School: Centre College City: Danville State: Kentucky Department: Classics Helpful Score: 0 She offers every tool you could possibly need to succeed, awesome syllabus, great feedback, and excellent communication. I turned in a SAP appeal over a month before the deadline. I thought for sure I would fail this class. Amazing! The staff is very helpful and the school is full of places to study, get help on finding a job, picking your career choice etc. Security is always walking around. We understand that not all teachers are the perfect match for each learning style. Rate My Professors Youngstown, OH Eastern Gateway Community College View all Professors Submit a Correction Rate this school 2.9 Overall Quality Food 3.5 Location 3.5 Reputation 3.0 Internet 3.0 Facilities 3.0 Safety 3.0 Opportunities 3.0 Happiness 2.5 Social 2.5 Clubs 2.5 2 Ratings Overall 3.6 average Feb 3rd, 2020 Ratemyprofessors.com is a site founded in May 1999 by a Menlo Park, CA-based software engineer named John Swapceinski. Summer intensive online session 2020. #LeaveYourMark 1. Meyers is an amazing professor. Goodluck. I had Dr. Delivron for a Hybrid Chem 111 class. I barely make any money, and I have bills to pay. A basic community college. With that said, check the app yourself straight from your desktop by clicking on the download link provided on this page. One of the best college professors I've had! The worst experience ive ever had at a school in my entire life. I struggle with math but she made it so easy to understand. Must study. This review may sound fake but I promise you its not! Dr. Meyers is an awesome professor! The Gateway CTC acceptance rate is 100%. Gateway's Campus. She even gives you a checklist so you know what is due every week. It will prepare you for universities were you will have to do registration on your own. I feel she had a great curriculum plan overall and it was exactly in line with syllabus. for those who have said its the classes are like high school, they pretty much are. There's no getting around the fact that it's a course requiring you to memorize a large amount of data. With all the universities and colleges out there not to mention the number of professors available, deciding what course to take and which institution to take it is already a pain by itself. he helps you out when needed. columbus, ohio housing authority Had this issue even before COVID. To create your professor's account, get started here. Erik Murrell (2018) Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator, Human Services. my transcripts and financial aid records were never accurate Disliked attending. Gateway Community College Sep 24, 2022 HELP [ARCHIVED CATALOG] Personnel Faculty - Full-Time Faculty - Part-Time Administration Emeriti Board of Regents for Higher Education Leadership Team President's Executive Council (Formerly Regional Advisory Council) Gateway Community College Foundation, Inc. Rate my Professors app not only provide new students in the US, UK, and Canada with useful data about colleges and universities but allows current students/previous ones to leave reviews as well. Online, summer version of A&P II. Watch the lecture, study the PowerPoints, and attend lab!! Keep copies and records of everything! Pay close attention to slides (every detail). Gateway Community and Technical College < KCTCS Robert Coughlin, Gateway Community College Rate Professors The computers are incredibly slow. He is very nice and always willing to help you. function GTranslateFireEvent(element,event){try{if(document.createEventObject){var evt=document.createEventObject();element.fireEvent('on'+event,evt)}else{var evt=document.createEvent('HTMLEvents');evt.initEvent(event,true,true);element.dispatchEvent(evt)}}catch(e){}} Rate my Professors app houses millions of reviews from students from more than 7000 institutions or campuses in the US, UK, and Canada. Professors at Gateway Community College Her exams are difficult, but if you pay attention to the lectures and read the textbook (not required), you will do well. Lots of resources are available to students. I thought he would be awesome based on this site but my experience was different. Her lectures are clear and so easy to follow. Great school, so much to do with everything located around the school. She made math so easy to understand. Paying For College. Tuition & Fees; Installment Payment Plan Overview; Spring 2023 Installment Plans; Financial Aid; . He's also very careful about wording on exams. Register today! Rate your professor; Casual Comment; Share! Dont take if your not fresh out of high school. If you've struggled with chemistry in the past, take this course with Dr. deLivron! Getting in contact with professors is almost impossible. Her take home math heavy exam is hard but get into a group and make sure you do well bc it will boost your grade. Good small school for engineering. But she managed to change my bland views on math from discomfort into joy. I never thought Id understand all the work but she is wonderful and will meet with you outside of class to help you. Rate My Professors Kenosha, WI Gateway Technical College View all Professors Submit a Correction Rate this school 3.6 Overall Quality Safety 4.6 Happiness 4.0 Location 3.9 Facilities 3.8 Opportunities 3.7 Internet 3.7 Reputation 3.5 Clubs 3.0 Food 2.8 Social 2.7 15 Ratings Overall 3.1 average Dec 14th, 2020 Its an average community college. We want you to share your individual experience and what you took away from the course. Ratemyprofessors.com is a site founded in May 1999 by a Menlo Park, CA-based software engineer named John Swapceinski. Ive since transferred and it definitely doesnt compare to a 4 year university. Clearly states what has to be done to succeed and sticks to given criteria. It's a lot of material but if you pace your self and study before and after lecture you will surely pass. never had the food. very nice campus. But if there's anyone to take for a class like this is Dr. D, she's 1 of the best. In 2020, Eastern Gateway Community College had a total salary expenditure of $65.8M. Directions & Parking. I will take her class again. Academics - Gateway Community College Michigan Tech exists to grab money from kids who know no better. You can type in just about any professor's last name, and he . This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to: Prepare graduates with demonstrated competence in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains of respiratory care practice as performed by registered respiratory therapists (RRTs).