. day/year/life of it all and cant be fucken fucked right now . can of course get your butcher to do this for you but its heaps more fun to do Its fishy business, this life stuff, so when the going gets tough, maybe a little ceviche on the beach eh? You travelled in India as a teenager, came home with tuberculosis that lay dormant for several years, then your health rapidly deteriorated in your 20s. If I'm inspiring anyone to cook, well that's inspiring to me. manner. GRAVY. What the flip I need an oven for this? Yeah, kind of. . Ive got a fairly low regard for myself, so that stuff doesnt tend to stick. [4] Serve possibly with the very un-vegan chicken wings we have a recipe for in this very book or with whatever and whoever you like. it over a medium heat and simmer to thicken. oven to 230C fan-forced (250C conventional). The video where he reveals how to cook quarantine spirit risotto (get it? level of crackle on ya fat, then you can bung it under the grill for a second Bung in your oh-so creatively shaped fish designs and gently toss your artwork through all that s**t. After that underwhelming memory has washed over the chickpeas, shred your cabbages and onion as fine as you can/like into a large bowl. and he's actually written a whole cookbook this time. gone on holidays, you would have managed heaps better. (The annual Christmas Crossover episode with Briggs has become a strong fan fave.). You probably cant even kick flip either . a good pinch of salt flakes and a crack of pepper, which you then rub into the handheld mixer, then maybe consider buying some kind of growth hormone and Firstly, it would make Smashing gender norms, Nat's What I Reckon does it one cooking video at Nat's What I Reckon | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook | Linktree Im usually cooking for a lot of people thats my jam. cracking anyway, which doesnt actually matter. I take gentle stabs at things I think are fing stupid or over the top. Whizz up the mustard, aquafaba and vinegar, then slowly drizzle How to make 'Self Pie-solation Shepherd's Pie' by Nat's What I Reckon Salt n Pepper. Add another splash of oil to the pan and chase it with the onion and coriander stalks. Nat has been making videos for his channel Nat's What I Reckon for over ten years, steadily gaining popularity for his swearing, no-nonsense, piss-takes. . Its weird; Im not looking for that shit. Were sorry, this feature is currently unavailable. Its a pav, for fucks sake. People panic-bought packet food and started hoarding toilet paper. We deliver the best of Good Weekend to your inbox so its there when youre ready to read. The young metal rebel adding real mushrooms and quarantine spirit. Once all that is as it should be, knock that pork back into the pan with the resting juices from whatever you had it resting in, and bring back to a simmer, ya winner. Her fearless setting up of a small office in the change room made me laugh a lot. How 'Nat's What I Reckon' Became a YouTube Cooking Champion Get Fucked Roast Potatoes) and some green vegetables so you dont shit yourself so they get super crispy pants. may be in order. Nat's What I Reckon Nat is a comedian, rock musician, mental health advocate and award-winning, bestselling author. Nat's What I Reckon Nat is a comedian, rock musician, mental health advocate and award-winning, bestselling author. I mean we wanna cut down the skin in rows or really whatever you shapes or ("It'll give your family coronavirus.") So into the oven for around 4045 ", where Nat would review a variety of topics and decide if the topic was worthwhile.[10]. Vinegar helps you get your poached egg just right but if you don't have any, follow the other parts of his technique. Add more stock if you want to thin it out a bit. [6] Nat noticed supermarkets were low on stock for jar sauces while fresh produce remained on the shelves during panic buying due to the coronavirus pandemic. taste. but may wound your already worn down patience at this time of year. Doesnt really Fish bones are a massive f***wit to manage on their way down the oesophagus, so give the fillets the old RoboCop scan before you kick off to avoid further life stress. directions you bloody like. About - Nat's What I Reckon . Australian comedian 'Nat's What I Reckon' (pictured) shared a hilarious recipe for making leek and potato soup from scratch and told viewers to throw away 'disgusting' packet food The. pan with a tablespoon of oil in it. I dont think masculinity makes a good man. The way you make it (and Im being totally cereal right now) is put all the ingredients in a f****n bowl and with the back end of a fork squash it together thats actually it. Nats take on coleslaw will fix any bring-a-plate conundrums too. Nat's What I Reckon: Carbo-rona Sauce His celebrity chef muse is Gennaro Contaldo, an Italian chef and restaurateur who mentored Jamie Oliver. opened this recipe, bought all the stuff but didnt get to the bit where you During the pandemic, his cooking videos which wage war on processed food have garnered millions of views. Nat's What I Reckon is a content creator, comedian, musician, isolation cooking champion and mental health ambassador. Un-cook Yourself: A Ratbags Rules For Life. There's some deep bits, some serious bits, lots of stories that wouldn't be out of place at a mate's after a few drinks, or down the pub for that matter. fruit arrangement as if to suggest that no one appreciates what youve just What follows is Nat, in a camouflage tee with dead straight, chest-length metalhead locks, walking viewers through an easy tomato and basil sauce (with shitloads of garlic) recipe. Nat's resisting packet sauces, packet risotto, sachet con carne, frozen lamb dinners and pre-prepared anything at all. He assumed that video would be a one-off, but then it racked up one million, then two million, then more views on Facebook. YouTube chef Nats What I Reckon cooked up this gourmet feast. Make sure whatever fish you buy has been boned thoroughly. Keep whisking till all the fucken bloody sugar has dissolved. own, combine the lime juices (*Hot Fucken Tip* roll the limes under the weight You Bring the cold water to a very un-cold boil and cook the potatoes for about 10-15 minutes depending on the size of these bad boiz. 310.6K. [11], Nat turned to healthy cooking and eating after having a lung removed[12] due to complications from tuberculosis. . All cooped up and nothing to do? Find the fun in cooking with Patricia Karvelas, Nat's What I Reckon The acid from the limes cooks the fish in its own special way. skin and slits you cut with the knife. try forget your worries just for a minute. Cooking With a Side of Cussing: 3 Recipes From Nat's New Cookbook, 25 Stylish Home Bars to Kickstart Your Entertaining. blender itself. Nat, more commonly known as Nat's What I Reckon, is an Australian YouTube personality. Bung in your oh so creatively shaped fish designs and gently toss your . Toss your pine nuts into a pan and heat them up until they start to . Nat's What I Reckon is back with a brand new book: Death to Jar Sauce: Rad Recipes for Champions. Press the chicken thigh Prefer a little less cooking and a little more kitchen? Firstly, it would make sense to chat about the fish. Sprinkle in your spices and cook off for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Hes a massive sweetheart and hilarious. Now we want to score the People suggest all sorts of things they want to do to you, but you dont reply to that stuff. seems to work well. His unique voice has seen Nat give a TED Talk at TEDx Sydney, and appear on popular podcasts including Osher Gnsbergs Better than Yesterday, a live incarnation of Annabelle Crabb and Leigh Sales Chat 10 Looks 3, Willosophy with Wil Anderson, Welcome to Hell with Meshel Laurie and Nelly Thomas, Community Noticeboard, The Andy Social Podcast and more. 400 g tin chickpeas, drained but liquid reserved for the mayo. So lets crack wondering whether the big white bowl of calorie clouds has reached this stage, I find that narrow rows help it crackle better. Cover and fang in the fridge till ya need it later. pavlova, but maybe we can learn something from this calorie-dense dessert Crank the fuck out of the Reckon ya wont. The liquid that your canned chickpeas float around in is the replacement for the eggs, and believe it or not it goes off like a vegan frog in a sock. Yes, he replied. A music duo that dress up like sausages and sing about types of sauce. [16], Nat is a musician with two Sydney-based bands, including as a singer and guitarist for Keggerdeth and drummer for the band Penalties. Like "Carbo-Rona Sauce. chicken still doing on a fucken plate right now? All good, lets fix that We support the First Nations People of Australia in their striving for Reconciliation, Treaty and a Voice to Parliament. How has that near-death experience affected you? You wanna arrange the onion in a way that Choose Glassware for My Christmas Table? If Im going to cook something, Ill look up eight different recipes and decide what I like about it thisll work, dont like that, will bung more of that in. fish in its own special way. Corn chips and a good mate to share a cold one with. He taught Nat how to cook, constantly sends his son recipes to try and shares a lot of kitchen tricks. The first way is with a There are a few ways you can make this happen. the onions, garlic and thyme. I actually did an advert for Pizza Shapes when I was eleven years old and I got paid in Lemon Crisp biscuits . The YouTube channel presents a mixture of content ranging from trade show reviews, cooking tutorials and social commentary, with Dave Grohl,[5] Carl Cox and Yael Stone among the channel's fans. Resolved: Release in which this issue/RFE has been resolved. Nat: "Little moments of feeling capable in your day, when your whole fing worlds collapsing on your head, are important. Theres heaps of stupid s**t people put in guacamole and sure sometimes it tastes okay, but personally I like the more traditional style. You can use a mandolin if you own one (no, not 6.8 million Facebook views, 564,000 on YouTube. slices, cubes or small shapes of other types of fish. for a stiff old meringue, right? fucken grubby high-fivin hands, crack the eggs one at a time into one hand You want to try and cook all the liquid shit out of it. What can and cant you do now? Buy a Victorinox. . Fair enough! As people around the world went into lockdown, grocery stores saw toilet paper shortages and empty shelves of non-perishable foods like pre-made pasta sauces. The best hair on the planet (very secretive about his shampoo), second best hair belongs to partner, Julia Gee, and together they work on the videos. Nat doesn't profess to take himself - or this book, too seriously. Roast Potato Recipe: Nat's What I Reckon's Secret Is a Game-Changer Season them with salt and place skin-side down into stick blender bunged into a jug/container just wider than the head of the stick Its a bit of a last-minute repair job on my career, Nat says, deadpan. Broadcast on the ABC in April 2021, Wakefield creator, Kristen Dunphy, prominent local comedians, actors and mental health experts share their truths and their mental health challenges. Life: What Nat to Do: A hot take on the advice you never asked for stalks sans leaves for 3-4 minutes until nice and soft. knife. Go dig yourself up a nice Nat's What I Reckon - Wham Bam Thank You Lamb : australia on with the skin-on thighs. do what ya fucken want, eh? Smashing gender norms, Nat's What I Reckon does it one cooking video at a time, Nat: "Little moments of feeling capable in your day, when your whole fing worlds collapsing on your head, are important. Scary. the pork skin has dried out before you prepare it then youre in for a likely Since I was a kid Ive loved Tom Green, he was a huge inspiration of mine as a young fella. In December 2020, Nat released a book titled Un-cook Yourself: A Ratbag's Rules for Life, which was awarded the Booktopia Favourite Australian Book Award for 2020. do a last few things to set ourselves up for the most powerfully relaxed sesh well, dry. Now that's moved beyond just housemates and his clips on what to cook during lockdown have brought him an entirely new audience. Line a pan or tray with baking paper. SERVES: 46COOKING TIME: just under 4 hours. juice. This unlikely hero of lockdown got the internet cooking (and laughing) again. minced clove of garlic, salt, a crack of pepper and a teaspoon of Tabasco Then this is the dish for you, my tired, thinking: What the freaking heck do we do with the avo? Well, at the 1015 fuck out of it until it gets thick enough, followed by the lemon at the end and He has over 5.5 million views across all of his YouTube videos, 172,000 YouTube subscribers, 1.1 million Facebook followers, and over 246,000 Instagram followers. Follow Nat's What I Reckon on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, or buy his book, Un-cook Yourself: A Ratbag's Rules For Life This article was edited on 11 December to update an Instagram link Topics Three to four minutes later, in goes the f**k-tonne of garlic, and cook for another couple of minutes until it's softened. out. Hes a fucking ripper. Again, taste it, and when it suits you, youre ready to walk incidentally down Vegan Coleslaw Street. Anything he cooks is fing unbelievable. Nat's What I Reckon - YouTube Nat's What I Reckon (@natswhatireckon) | TikTok Follow Nats What I Reckon on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, or buy his book, Un-cook Yourself: A Ratbags Rules For Life, This article was edited on 11 December to update an Instagram link, Original reporting and incisive analysis, direct from the Guardian every morning. When COVID crashed the party he exploded onto screens, encouraging champions the world over to bin the jar sauce and have some laughs in the kitchen (and everywhere else). To stop people like me entering politics. In total the renegade cooking clips have notched up more than 25 million views, and theres been a significant spike in international fans since Nat's quarantine cooking shows began. 'There is only one Jamie Oliver. His recipes seem solid. Lets just fucken run with the classic pat that cooking liquid into the flour, whisking to a paste that you then return to To read more from Good Weekend magazine, visit our page at The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Brisbane Times. beautiful person. Well, I cant smoke. . paste along with the crme frache or sour and cook for a few minutes. Thankfully, I did get on top of it, but a few years after Id been cleared, I was having symptoms of something unpleasant in my lungs, and I ended up developing a big cyst in one. The general census is that if dry like something thats crispy and also dry. put ya bloody mustardzzz in the pan along with the honey, wine and stock as you down Vegan Coleslaw Street. Once that shit has melted fucken bang in ya onion and chopped-up parsley Buzz Off! I love all of Crumpys vids, particularly this one. This here is a champagne example of exactly that; you dont need even the eggs to make a righteous mayo and Ill prove it to ya. from the yolks. work to stop it from tasting dry as a mouthful of fucken chalk. The Australian comedian, author, musician, mental health advocate, and anti-jar sauce campaigner launched his YouTube channel in. There are so many incredible dishes out there that are just as good, if not better, when made as vegan. Spoon your effort into Nats father cheffed at the Ritz Hotel in Paris when Nat was a kid. Nat's What I Reckon's book is fantastic. Uncle Roger has light tan skin and black wavy hair. You just wait and see how cool this shit is. this, but by far my favourite is fresh kingfish if you can get your hands on Great the carrot now grate the carrot into the bowl, add your seeds and give a good toss together. Frozen fish is gonna probably be considerably less rad, so fresh AF should be your motto here. tomatoes, coriander and spring onions or shallots. Could Your Home Be a Dream Wedding Venue? I had chronic fatigue, was vomiting a lot and losing a lot of weight. Then grab yourself a pan, get the heat going at medium, chuck a bash of oil in and get ready to awesome. Nat won hearts with his previous book, last year's Un-cook Yourself: A Ratbag's Rules for Life, but this time around he's here to win stomachs. shit on the skin now, please). Given your YouTube fame, do you get thirsty comments on your videos? Will Sasso is a hilarious dude, from his stuff with Mad TV to now, he has always been able to make me double over in laughter. sauce. Its certainly not an everyday dish this one, but also . A good man is a man who listens, is aware of the space they take up, and is also a caring, gentle and loving person. a crack of pepps if you wanna and toss it all together. What the flip I need an oven for this? Yeah, kind of. YouTube comedian Nat's What I Reckon shares his hilarious recipe on how favourite set up to work with. Nat's What I Reckon - How To Make Quarantine Sauce - Facebook little bigger than the belly, fang in your onions and on top sprinkle over the Pretty serious. [Laughs] My doctor says I cant scuba dive and I cant run a marathon. In 2022, Nat and his channel cohort Jules launched their own Spotify Original podcast, Food Crime, a hilarious melding of their interests true crime and food. . YouTuber Nat's What I Reckon threw jar sauce in the bin to empower stupid cream all over the meringue and go full misunderstood artist on the Money back guarantee. sharp one, believe it or not). Love his bit about garlic too. Un-Cook Yourself | Angus & Robertson April 21, 2021. Sometimes you need someone to be there whos a straightshooting legend, who just has your fucken back, especially at times when you might not feel okay. been through because you only had a whisk and the thing ended up fucken Coronavirus Australia: Nat's What I Reckon - the metal rebel cooking in Education is important. Not a bad answer. This whole thing really is just trying to alleviate some of the fing stress thats going on and help give people a bit of a laugh! emotional room and go from there. I more or less develop them by trying them out a few times.. How serious did things get? Cooking With a Side of Cussing: 3 Recipes From Nat's New Cookbook - Houzz eject button and remove from the pan and rest on a plate while you crack on Add 2/3 cup of that Each week, Benjamin Law asks public figures to discuss the subjects we're told to keep private by getting them to roll a die. . Fish bones are a massive fuckwit to manage on their way down the oesophagus, so be your motto here. Nat's What I Reckon's Cooking Tutorials Are Essential Lockdown - Punkee I feel seen when I watch this video. Serve with a scoop of ice cream . Australians are ordering vast amounts of food online and loading supermarket trolleys with pre-made everything. for getting the perfect pork crackling goin on. It struck a chord and sent views skyrocketing. 9.1M views, 78K likes, 15K loves, 56K comments, 79K shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Nat's What I Reckon: LOCKDOWN TIME!! Mustard be about time to [Holds up jar of mass-produced tomato pasta sauce.] It tastes like shit. So what are Nat's tips on cooking? And that's exactly what you get. . Now, with the egg whites If a recipe asks for two garlic cloves, chuck in five. In mid-March 2020, just a few days before pubs across the country were shuttered, comedian Nat's What I Reckon sat down at the Town Hall Hotel in Newtown, Sydney to edit a 3.5-minute video of himself cooking. If you havent made this before youre sure to feel like the David Copperfish of cooking in a hot minute. Im mad for it. The National Film and Sound Archive of Australia acknowledges Australia's Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work and live and gives respect to their Elders both past and present. They've got cream as one of the ingredients in their carbonara, and every time I walk past I get a morbid curiosity to try it out. I suppose like all food that you create, its moderately conceptual so there is Jamie's 30-Minute Meals, you'll be amazed by what you're able to achieve. Of course, with a successful cooking show comes recipe requests. It does unfortunately lend itself to ticking a few weight-gain boxes too when you fucken eat it four nights a week like I did at one stage. . Finding entertainment everywhere from the weird to the pedestrian and with his love for taking the playful and thorough piss out of his surroundings, Nat has expounded on everything from trade shows and tattoo events to burnout festivals and exploring Area 51. DONT TOUCH the thighs. Check Nat's What I Reckon: the sweary, ranty YouTuber who's become an Browse great Aussie kitchens on Houzz, Nats What I Reckon: How a Metalhead YouTube Star Does Christmas, 500 g raw kingfish, snapper or barramundi fillets, skin off and pinboned, 1-2 jalapeos, finely chopped (or 2 long regular chillies), 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed/minced, 2 tablespoons good-quality extra-virgin olive oil, bunch coriander, stalks and leaves, washed and chopped, 4 spring onions or 2 shallots, thinly sliced. Sharp knives, sharper knife skills. This pork belly dish was truly one of my first forays into learning to slow roast like a so-called grown up and perfect how to get that crackling game on point. [14], In July 2021, Nat appeared on the ABC long-form interview television show One Plus One with Courtney Act. Credit:Dominic Lorrimer. 9.1M views, 66K likes, 14K loves, 37K comments, 77K shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Nat's What I Reckon: Survive The Virus In Style Features a small selection of Nat's favourite recipes illustrated by Sydney artists Bunkwaa, Glenno and Onnie O . This week, he talks to Nat. tending of the crackling, for some reason youre not totally stoked with your Thanks Nat's What I Reckon. wagon and bung it back into the mustardy creamy non jar-ey goodness with the Im not going to show you how to chop things," he says. PDF (PDF) Jamies Comfort Food non-committal corn chips and a cold beer, maybe talk some shit with a mate and Be wowed by how easy this f****n s**t is and even possibly at how old youve gotten in the last 10 years. [13], On December 6, 2020, Nat was the guest programmer on the Australian music video television show Rage. At the time he didnt think much of the finished product, which beginsafter he does a little twirlthat's now become a signature move with an impassioned speech: Its coronavirus season, and people are panic-buying all sorts of shit Theyre buying all the frozen Hawaiian pizzas.