What are you waiting for? Fender released a double fat version in 2000 to 2003 (as noted above). Fender Models: HSS Player Stratocasters, Meteora Alternative Reality HH, Likely some others once I figure that out. We use three different coatings at Fender. For some reason the humbucker seems very out of place on a strat to me, but a lot of people love it, so you must try them both and see what you like best. Humbucker models, meanwhile, utilize Fender's smart Double Tap format - which retains volume when coil-splitting via the push-push tone knob - but upgraded to V-Mod II specs. From beginners to rock stars, millions of music makers rely on our Sales Engineers' expertise to help achieve their musical goals. The new design is NOT the same as the original. Fenders Double Tap Humbucker is a revolutionary breakthrough in humbucking pickup technology. That just the plastic part number and is worthless for identifying pickups. Personally I find SSS strats less versatile than a lot of people think they are. On the other hand, I don't play the bridge pickup that often so a bucker would be fine. Sweetwater Sales Engineers help you buy music gear with confidence. Models in the line-up include the Stratocaster, Stratocaster HSS, Telecaster, Telecaster Deluxe, Jazzmaster, Precision Bass, Precision Bass V, Jazz Bass, Jazz Bass V and Jazz Bass Fretless, and each one includes a deluxe molded-style case. These models use new V-Mod II single-coil pickups, which promise increased articulation while retaining chime. In the early 2000s the new version was only on Fender Guitars, then they released it to be sold in a retail package. Although Fender didnt actually make that many humbuckers they often were just renamed, DH-1 has many different names. There have 2 flat poles instead of the usual poles and screw poles on the MIM and American Strats Humbuckers. Designed by pickup guru Tim Shaw, the robust-sounding Double Tap pickup is a revolutionary breakthrough in humbucking pickup technology. It is a little honky in the midrange or something. Now is the perfect time to get the gear you want with simple promotional financing. Main Stratocaster Guitar Discussion Forum. But these are the exception. No project is too big or small, so give us a call today and let's talk gear! Fender recently has been cross pollenating their single coils and humbucker into other models than just Strats. JavaScript is disabled. It does drop a little in volume, but much less than is usual when splitting coils. All rights reserved. Not much info. 2023 Bruce Baker Gombrelli. Typical Wiring: FENDER HUMBUCKER WIRING - Except dual tap Sometimes Red goes to the switch and green goes to ground. Humbucker models, meanwhile, utilize Fenders smart Double Tap format which retains volume when coil-splitting via the push-push tone knob but upgraded to V-Mod II specs. Fender's Double Tap Humbucker is a revolutionary breakthrough in humbucking pickup technology. There have been quite a few other manufacturers like Seymour Duncan that have jumped into the pile and started producing these CuNiFe pickups which, btw, dont scale well in mass production so its a good nitch market. Help us match you with the perfect, Double Tap Bridge Humbucker Pickup - Black, Exhibits a killer full-throated sound in humbucking mode, Produces an impressively articulate sound in single-coil mode with no volume loss, Alnico IV magnets ensure an expressive, well-defined voice thats brimming with dynamics, Light wax potting keeps feedback to a minimum, Get back to making music with the industry's fastest turnaround time, Fix it the first time with our award-winning, factory-certified Service Department. Fenders updated American Professional instruments were unveiled with a social media fanfare in late 2020 and we were hugely impressed with the standard Strat and Tele models. The number that is molded into the plastic is a BOBBIN NUMBER and is used over and over in different pickups. I want to swap the pickup but I do not want to have to deal with a pickguard swap due to the three holes for the humbucker. Very common, Used in Teles, Jaquars, Pawn Shop Deluxes and a few Strats. Please try again later - we are experiencing technical difficulties. How to Identify: The easiest way to identify these is what guitar did they come out of, what did they measure, and what is the number and what is the inductance. Whats upcoming: INDUCTANCE MEASUREMENTS (an essential part of identification for those hard to identify buckers). Current Version (released on the Tele 72 reissues and a few other Fender Guitars) They no longer use CuNiFe magnets, and secondly, they use AlNiCo bar magnets similar to Gibson humbuckers. This was allegedly designed to counter the effect of a drop in output from a humbucker when coil split to a single coil. Simply remove your old guard, solder the output jack and ground wires, screw in the new guard and you're ready to rock with pure Fender sound. You must log in or register to reply here. Fender Shawbucker Pickup - Aged White - Free Shipping! Strat Talk is the leading online community and marketplace for Stratocaster guitars. I suppose the bright Shawbucker keeps it quacky. One of the attributes of a great guitar is that it simply gets out of the way and lets you get on with the business of making music. The data is now in on these guys. I really dig the Shawbuckers. With the pickup out of the circuit, measuring across the five solder terminals on the back of the pickup offered little help in determining the starts and finishes of both coils. In his free time, you'll find him making progressive instrumental rock under the nom de plume Maebe (opens in new tab). What series did this come on? This one measures 8.5K or about the same as a Diamondback. I have a new HSS Strat from the Professional II line with the Double Tap and I'm genuinely impressed at how good it sounds in single coil mode. Whether in full humbucker or single-coil mode or a blend of both in the middle setting all over the fretboard youll find alluring combinations of depth and clarity. Fender used this name for 2 distinctively different versions of this pickup. Turn your old gear into new gear with the Sweetwater Gear Exchange! Never felt more welcome in a forum like this. Fender also had Stratocaster models that used Seymour Duncans, most notably the Pearly Gates and 59 in the early 2000s HH. One at the neck and one at the bridge. Please check back later or close this window and click the "NOTIFY ME WHEN AVAILABLE" button to receive an email when this item is back in stock. The metal chassis has a more gold look about it than the older pickups which looked silver. Brand new American Strat, volume not working. Description: Official Fender American Professional II Deluxe Telecaster Tim Shaw Designed Shawbucker V-Mod II Double Tap Humbucking Pickup Set (Bridge & Neck)- All original w/ screws- Genuine Fender Condition: Mint Comments: Perfect condition! This is the modern version. And while the wiring was different than the American Standard Shawbucker I found it to be a very clean sounding pickup. As mentioned below, sometimes these are also misnamed as ATOMIC (more than 1 model) by Fender. INSTALLATION TIP: They are usually installed with the Fender Logo oriented so you can read it from the bridge. They typically have a BLUE (Neck) or BLACK plastic lead, Blues are typically the lower value. A general vibe of refinement means that everything about these guitars feels optimised and dialled in from the rolled fingerboard edges and sculpted neck heel to the superbly voiced electronics. Some of the later ones are very distinct like Twin Heads but many others just arent. I'm biased towards humbuckers so my vote goes for the shawbucker; it would be more versatile, plus it's easier to make a humbucker sound like a single coil than the other way around. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Great Eastern FX Co. Focus Fuzz review: The best of all possible fuzz worlds in a single box? Its impossible to imagine a world without Fender guitars, and if youre like many of the guitarists at Sweetwater, then Fender not only made the first guitar you ever bought " they made the last one too! Simply remove your old guard, solder the output jack and ground wires, screw in the new guard and youre ready to rock with pure Fender sound. Visit our corporate site (opens in new tab). Can anyone tell me how the Double tap compares to the Shawbucker 1? Description. Also, as you said, most bands I like use humbuckers. From the top the SLUG coil (flat ones) are farthest from the bridge and the adjustable ones closest to the bridge. They are adequate and have more sonic juice than the single coil counterparts. The ergonomic improvements common across the American Professional II range are accompanied here by a generous ribcage contour, which has always been a feature of the Telecaster Deluxe design and helps the model have a more svelte feel than a slab-bodied Tele, especially when seated. As one of the worlds largest Fender dealers, we have countless guitars, basses, amps, effects pedals, and accessories in stock and ready to ship, whenever you need them. with a scooped midrange. I like the Shawbucker. Humbucking Bridge Pickup with Alnico IV Magnets - Black, Fender Double Tap Bridge Humbucker Pickup - Black, Thank you for your request. If Fender ever releases a version with a vibrato, theres a good chance it will become a go-to guitar for us too. Fender still sells these as of May 2020, SHAWBUCKER Elite Stratocaster (not sure which model), Black Cobra 16K typical Likely the same as Atomic. If nothing else you get an extra PU out of Fender without any increase in price. ATOMIC Numbered 326 Bridge Atomic numbering 326 is used on 2010-2015 American Deluxe Stratocasters with N3 Noiseless pickups. Please click below to login. Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. The specs are completely different. Features Shawbucker 1 Bridge and Gen 4 Noiseless Middle/Neck Pickups The B would mean bridge. There are also 2 versions of this. One is a vintage and the other is actually the same as a DH-1 The vintage one was release in a commercial package. But, yet another but, sometimes the number on the pickup means something else we know nothing about!! Or why not treat yourself? The HSS has a less pushy character than the recently-released SSS, which sounds a little beefier in the lower mids with a little more separation, clarity and percussion. (Sure enough, the untapped portion measured 0.4 k ohms.) I'd say get the SSS. and can vary up to 10% in some cases or even more. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. Do not fork out a ton of money for them! fender amplifier parts. Sweetwater Sales Engineers help you buy music gear with confidence. The maple neck, too, while marginally deeper, feels as if it has a squarer shoulder (much like the . You can also buy these separately from the guitar. The innovation is to overwind one of the coils, but coil tap it so that it matches the other coil of the humbucker. Try Searching a different location below or contact fender customer service at 800-856-9801. Sounds. Now you can purchase them as 3 single coils. It may not display this or other websites correctly. An Ohm and Inductance Meter are your best friends. They measure around 7.5 to 8.5 depends on the run. Its a Telecaster thats freeing to spend time with; you dont immediately relax into familiar tropes and theres a freshness that inspires you to explore and compose rather than simply noodle. If I was buying a Strat today I'd personally go HSS, and with the OPs taste in music a bridge humbucker would fit the bill. But that's my personal choice. A WORD on part numbers: Usually fender has a long part number, the zeros in the front and end mean nothing. Dont see your country listed above? The Gear Page is the leading online community and marketplace for guitars, amps, pedals, effects and associated gear. I knew I was lazy but I didn't know I was THAT lazy. TDPRI, short for Telecaster Discussion Page Reissue, is the leading online community and marketplace for Telecaster guitars. This unique, patent-applied-for design combines full-throated humbucking and articulate single-coil voices, while eliminating volume loss in single-coil mode. All online dealers listed here will have the specified product in stock, ready for purchase. The DCR are a guideline, not an absolute but in some cases they are very close. So, whether youre looking for your first axe or a Custom Shop creation, make sure to give your Sweetwater Sales Engineer a call at (800) 222-4700. You must log in or register to reply here. 5501 U.S. Hwy 30 W, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 Guitarists at Sweetwater have dialed stunning sonic textures using Fender's Double Tap pickups. Finally the number on the bottoms often doesnt match the SKU number. The pickups in our review guitar look similar but are actually V-Mod II Double Tap units, sized like regular PAF-style humbuckers and wired here with single-coil voices available via individual push/push tone controls. Whether in full humbucker or single-coil mode or a blend of both in the middle setting all over the fretboard youll find alluring combinations of depth and clarity, honk and spank, woodiness and upper-harmonic sheen. They are made from whatever parts, wire that is available cheapest at the time. The innovation is to overwind one of the coils, but coil tap it so that it matches the other coil of the humbucker. Beyond that, its light wax potting keeps unwanted feedback to a minimum. Loaded into bridge position, it's a worthy upgrade to any humbucker-equipped guitar. On older bucker or ones that have been screwed around with, this is a great protective solution against shorting at the post. Welcome to the forum, Alex. Identify mark on back is an extra red lead coming out the middle of the back. Happy customers, one piece of gear at a time! (Ceramic 8). Nuno and Extreme return with first single in 15 years, Watch Marty Friedman play with Megadeth again, Rivers Cuomo duets with TikTok guitarist after he plays Weezers Buddy Holly lick 990 days in a row, In praise of the 1984-85 Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC+, the high-gain boutique amp behind rock and metals holy grail tones, Orangewoods first-ever solid parlor and slope shoulder dreadnought models headline classy acoustic guitar collection for 2023, Justin GuitarSlayer Lyons on designing a glow-in-the-dark guitar to bring session players into the limelight and the guitar lesson he learned from Machine Gun Kelly, 5 reasons you're wrong about chorus pedals. Phone Hours | With the more modern bar magnets in there the base is almost flush with the casing. I was excited to (belatedly) learn about the (fairly) new Fender Double Tap Humbucker pickup. They only have SINGLE screw holes (one on each side). Numbers: Neck: 50945, Bridge 50955 50950 (A VERY standard MIM Humbucker). or Best Offer. fender shawbucker 2. fender wide range humbucker. NAMING: Fender went BONKERS on rebadging the DH-1, so youll see it called Diamondback and Atomic also (there are more than 1 model of Atomic). There are two problems with the typical single coil Strat pickup at the bridge pickup IMO that make it an uphill battle to sound good: a) no tone control in stock wiring; b) angled so the pickup is closer to the bridge for the high strings, making them even more ice-picky. So, should I get the Shawbucker? The best way to tell, is that THIS one has an extra wire in the middle of the back of the bucker. Vibrant new finishes, V-Mod II pickups, pine bodies and fresh switching options headline new features. And Noel Gallagher is definitely a humbucker guy. So they are so lax in their naming, same bucker, different name. fender strat humbucker pickups. Playability tweaks include deep C neck profiles with Super-Natural satin finishes and rolled fingerboard edges, the return of sculpted neck heels, as well as the addition of staggered tuners. Note: Squier series Jaquar do not use these. See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners! $119.99. Fenders Double Tap Humbucker is a revolutionary breakthrough in humbucking pickup technology. Showcased here in silverburst-style Mercury just one of a range of striking finishes designed to pop on Instagram as effectively as custom colours did on the new colour television sets of the 1960s the American Professional II Telecaster Deluxe naturally bears something of an aesthetic resemblance to the Tele Deluxe of 1972. Some of the add-ons on this site are powered by. I have a personal trick I used, which is I put clear silicone right over the solder location, this insures that the stray wires dont touch the body and also keeps those wires more safe from harm. It has the Double Tap humbucker in it. What is giving Ronnie Wood his tone in this song? (reference the player pickup for pictures), Strat-O-Twister, QuadStar and PowerShifter are Trademarks of Gombrelli Guitars USA. The Pearly Gates on the other hand just has a raw sensibility that is aggressive and evenly balanced without being smooth. These pages are a labor of love for sure! Atomic pickups are a GREAT example of heavy use and LOTS of different sku numbers and to make matter even worse they seem to have both a VINTAGE and OVERWOUND version. I don't think anyone else can answer this question for you. For a closer look at the specs for each model and those fresh colors scroll on down, and visit Fender (opens in new tab) for even more info. If you must resolder a lead, be VERY careful not to break any existing wire coming from the post.