The list is endless. MR. STOVITZ: Would Your Honor order this witness back for Monday, please? That seems not likely but I base that on my own laziness and regard for comfort. daughter. Content apart, I like GreenWhite's style. MR. BUGLIOSI: I would request as a foundational question that you ask him again for clarification if the dog barked that night. His net worth has been growing significantly in 2021-2022. Her appearance, the fact that her oldest child is also a Charles, and looks amazingly like Charlie. He's on a little hill with his mom, framed by the forest around them, and watching the sun rise and set every day. Do you think he will be finished by 4:15? And Garretson does most of the talking. Hollywood glitterati panicked. Sandymount Strand! Or actresses and heiresses. Definitely ask the others because this brain is mush. ANSWER: I know their name by Tom and Dave. QUESTION: How loud were you playing your stereo? Actually we (or Bill at least) was in a place called the 1960s', where hitch-hiking was regarded as a pretty normal way to get around for many young people. And she was a guest at the pool at Cielo. Alex Murdaugh has been convicted Thursday of killing his wife and son. Every young person loves living at home after they become adults. After testifying in the Manson family trials in 1970, William ended up moving back to his hometown of Lancaster, Ohio. This person has not replied to me. And how did he acquire a new car at all? Parent was the first one killed, shot by Watson in the driver's seat of his car after visiting the guest house to see William Garretson, the property caretaker, to see if he wanted to buy a piece . How and why were you staying up all night every night? beauders saidDidn't he claim he slept through a blowjob on a train?No, "the big city." QUESTION: Now, there are 4 entrances to the guest house, correct? Tobiasragg, I stood at the hairpin turn on Cielo Drive last May and listened to my surroundings. ANSWER: I couldnt really say, but it was just before daybreak. He went through some shit he could never tell anyone about out there in sunny California. Garretson, then 19 and fresh from Ohio, served as caretaker and. I'd at least take the bus with some of my Camaro money. MR. STOVITZ: At one time, Counsel, or all? My internal dialogue is all over-caution and hey don't do that, dude. Why I shouldn't eat this or that, what about on Saturday though, basic stuff. Casparus Garretson and his wife lived at Mill Creek Hundred, New Castle, De. August 9, 2019 marks the 50th anniversary of the Sharon Tate murder that was inflicted by members of the Manson "Family." ANSWER: The one by the patio, I mean the porch. QUESTION: Did you walk by the main house when you walked back to the guest house? Derr described her ex-husband, who died in 2016, as a very good man, loving man, and cited those qualities as the reason she married him. Jon Gries Wife. View popular celebrities life details, birth signs and real ages. I still have yet to hear anything that even nudges me towards a belief that LE was found wanting, so when objections are levelled in that direction, even hints of it, I'll sometimes just point out what I can see as LE's logic in the moves they made.But that's just one side of the equation.starviego said:And how did he acquire a new car at all?Now that's a good question.But in the grand scheme of things, hardly of earth shaking importance.Is it cynical to ponder why on earth it's of any relevance what William Garretson was doing for some months before he found himself the only breathing individual in the midst of a savage slaughter ?And does it matter where he went when he was released from jail ? I'm thinking about taking a road trip to Billy's grave this week, touching the headstone, and telling him I hope he's found some peace. You think any young rubes who fell in way over their heads are heading home for good at the end of this month? In 1983 ! Its available in other places as well. QUESTION: And did Christopher wake you up? He was likely a longtime sufferer of PTSD that he disastrously self-treated. Brother of John Garretson; Ann Griest; James Garretson, I; Content . ANSWER: I think it is a clock radio that he had brought with him. QUESTION: What was the weather like on the evening of the 8th, do you recall? Do you know what is shown in that photograph? QUESTION: Did you enter through the gate or did you enter through Bella Drive? William Garretson was the caretaker for the 10050 Cielo Drive House that Sharon and Roman were renting. QUESTION: You didnt find them to be barking any more night? QUESTION: When you heard the dogs Christopher bark 2 or 3 hours after Steven Parent left, was it your state of mind that a guest was arriving on the premises? ANSWER: Yes. While Charles Manson was commissioning the LaBianca murders to cover his tracks, it also led police to rule William out as a suspect, as the LaBianca murders occurred while he was in custody. People . If you're wondering, I solve the mystery behind August 8th today, so make sure you read through until the end! I mostly only internally discuss food wants and upcoming meals with myself. Sound travels in strange and unexpected ways in those settings and what people in the area (Wm G. included) reported is entirely in line with reality. Just a loving mama safely holding her tiny baby like she did back when their lives had hope. I'm indeed the Donna Jean of the MB but know I'm gonna shine lol. In a 1970 interview with the Columbus Citizen-Journal, William Garretson said he left Lancaster in the fall of 1968 and hitch-hiked to California. ANSWER: Yes. I dont know. There was no GI Bill yet. ANSWER: He brought a radio with him, a clock radio, and he wanted to know if I would like to buy theone that he had, buy it or one that he could get, you know. QUESTION: Police officers asked you about what you had heard or seen on Friday night and Saturday morning, August 8th and 9th? At the TLB trial, Bill was asked how exactly he landed the job at Cielo, and Bugliosi shot off an instant objection on the grounds of being outside of the scope of foundation.Although I cannot presently recall the source, Bill was said to have a 1968 Chevy Camaro parked back home in Lancaster as he set out to hitch across America in October 1968. Miriam Garretson born 23 May 1755, married Vincent Parsons 6. The orders are so large that my friend's company delivers in a big diesel reefer truck that typically backs onto loading docks. QUESTION: One of the dogs you were caring for, Mr. Garretson, was named Christopher, isnt that correct? Derr described her ex-husband, who died in 2016, as a very good, loving man, and cited those qualities as the reason she married him. ANSWER: Well, then they drug me onto the patio and threw me down on my stomach. QUESTION: When you discovered that the line was dead, or it sounded dead when you put it to your ear, did you attempt to investigate the cause of the disorder? The canyon (where most of the people reporting sounds were located) spread out before and beneath the crime scene, as I'm sure you've seen in pics. QUESTION: And you heard nothing unusual or peculiar? MR. BUGLIOSI: I have here a closer-up photograph showing the front side of the residence. QUESTION: Did the dogs ever bark when the visitor was entering the gate of the Tate residence? ANSWER: From a distance maybe, but that would be all. William and Linda divorced after five years of marriage, but she spoke highly about her ex in an interview after Charles Manson died. Your Resource for the Tate-LaBianca (TLB) Murders. We have had (and still have) quite a few posters who write clearly and effectively (it would be invidious to single out anyone in particular). Now, if you want to talk about the sticks, I'm from a place near the river that makes Lancaster look like a full-blown metropolis. QUESTION: Which entrance did you use when you came back with your TV dinner? This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Garretson, a 1967 Lancaster High graduate, was 19 years old and working as a caretaker at actress Sharon Tate's home at the time of her murder, along with six others. What you wrote about the draft always picks at my brain. ANSWER: I could not really say. Where is William Garretson today, on the 50th anniversary of the murders? QUESTION: The next afternoon at approximately 4:25 in the afternoon, did you have a conversation with some police officers? I could not distinguish if he was barking any louder than he generally was any other night. There are quite a few times during the trial when an objection is made, but the witness has answered the question before the objection came in and the answer is allowed to stand and becomes part of the record ~ the very thing the objecting lawyer doesn't want.With Irving Kanarek objecting 9 times during the opening statement, and then asking for the whole statement to be stricken and then saying that a mistrial should be declared, it was clear right from the start that one of the defence's major tactics was going to be deflection. QUESTION: You testified on your direct examination I believe that the dogs used to bark when people would come to the residence. The importance of the dogs barking is that they may signal or herald the arrival on the scene of the persons who perpetrated the events. The Real Housewives of Atlanta The Bachelor Sister Wives 90 Day Fiance Wife Swap The Amazing Race Australia Married at First Sight The Real Housewives of Dallas My 600-lb Life Last Week Tonight with John . ANSWER: Another one came and pointed another rifle, and then another one, and he was pointing a pistol, and he kicked in the door, and Christopher bit him on the leg. QUESTION: When you called around dawn, you say the line was dead, is that correct? A man who many of you tangled with over the years who puts on a "radio" show of sorts floats somewhere in that realm of Charlie cousins. Wife of William Garretson married 28 Oct 1762 in Huntington, York, Pennsylvania, USA. I've long thought my next door neighbor is related to Charlie somehow. MR. BUGLIOSI: I have here another photograph appearing to depict the same interior portion of the living room. You consent to our use of cookies if you continue to use this site. QUESTION: Would you please relate the chronology of what happened that day? QUESTION: Did he take the radio with him when he left? Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Also none of these people after their run in Manson's world ever served in Vietnam---Poston, Watkins, Garrettson, etc. Garretson was not the only central Ohio connection to Manson, who was a Cincinnati native and spent 1952 to 1954 in Chillicothe Correctional Institution. He was running low on money when he was hired to be the caretaker for the residence that eventually became the site of the brutal murders. ANSWER: You had to push a button right before you get to the gate, it would be on the left side. Bill Daniels Instagram While the accomplished actor has had many successes throughout his career, he describes his wife as his "biggest win in life." Discover William Garretson's Biography, Age, Height, Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, Family and career updates. Immediate Family: Son of John Garretson and Content Garretson. He met property owner Rudy Altobelli the previous spring and Altobelli invited Garretson to stay in the guesthouse and work as the caretaker. Other choices existed. The pair were married for five years and had a son together, she said, adding that their son was born with a severe heart defect and died after his third open heart surgery. QUESTION: So you did hear Christopher barking, isnt that correct? THE COURT: Overruled, you may answer that. Torque said it may cause one to wonder why Bill set out for California with only $1.85 in his pocket if he sold the Camaro. QUESTION: Were you asked about dogs barking at that time, if you recall?). As David/Dreath often has put it, damned fine lawyering. Pete - Funny and succinct. The richest couple in his wealthy state receive weekly deliveries. We don't have much information about He's past relationship and any previous engaged. When Mrs. Polanski came back, yes, it was there. MR. BUGLIOSI: I have here another photograph, Your Honor, again depicting a certain portion of the living room of the residence. Genealogy for William Garretson (1716 - 1792) family tree on Geni, with over 240 million profiles of ancestors and living relatives. QUESTION: Do you recall what the records were? May it be marked Peoples 23 for identification? A more important question is ~ what did he do with the shirt he was given ? QUESTION: How did you get from the gate to the guest house, what route did you take? There's no pool. Is this the entrance here? He was the caretaker of the Polanski residence, 10050 Cielo Drive in Benedict Canyon, at the time of Sharon Tate's murder by Tex Watson, Susan Atkins, and Patricia Krenwinkel.. Garretson, who stayed in a small cottage behind the main house, was miraculously unharmed and undisturbed during the murders on August 9, 1969. QUESTION: And it winds around, doesnt it? Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. But first, where was Billy before the dog watching gig that came with free rides from Folger family members? Thanks for the time you spend crafting your pieces, GreenWhite, and may the ink in your pen never run dry. QUESTION: Did you hear any gunshots during the night? MR. KANAREK: It is immaterial. Sherman was tough. QUESTION: You did not walk by the main house? QUESTION: When Mr. Parent made this phone call, did you hear him talking to anyone on the other end of the line? Gimme an effin break. QUESTION: When you say they, who are you referring to? The property at 10050 Cielo Drive was designed by renowned architect Robert Byrd in 1942 and completed in 1944. the mystery of the caretaker at Cielo Drive, Just after midnight on August 9th, 1969, four members of the Manson Family approached the property at 10050 Cielo Drive in Benedict Canyon. And so, you know, after that I was going to go back to Ohio"Q You been arrested for Possession?A Yes.Q What else?A Well, back in Ohio, I got--I don't know if it would be a misdemeanor or what; it was, uh, Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor. QUESTION: Did he appear to be carrying on a conversation? ANSWER: Around the walk to the guest house, its in front, way in front is the guest house. QUESTION: Does he appear to resemble this man? People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. And anyway where'd you hide? Younger dudes allowing older dudes, especially older dudes with money, blow them is incredibly common. QUESTION: But throughout the night you were awake? QUESTION: Did you see the people that lived in the main house using the pool? . Would you have to close it or would it automatically close? Didn't he claim he slept through a blowjob on a train? She's never talked much about her bio family. Or, nineteen year old Billy decides to hitch to California to see the country he thinks he'll be drafted to defend before it's too late. "My husband, I really don't think anybody in the area here, never gave him a chance of day," Linda Derr, Garretson's ex-wife said. Like so many of the souls trapped within this dark miasma, you never had a chance. Derr, however, saw Manson in a different light, particularly noting his childhood and how that affected his adult life. No electric clocks in the guest house. QUESTION: So this shows a portion of the guest house, is that correct? $1.85 can only get one so far.Also, it has been traditionally held that Rudi Altobelli met Bill via hitchhiking. QUESTION: Looking at the photograph, do you have any impression as to where the photograph was taken from? Warrington Monthly Meeting had been established in 1730 and many of the early meetings were held in the home of William Garretson, according to "Inventory of Church Archives" published by the Society of Friends. He has no connection with these proceedings. 7 Nov 2021Sunday If anyone is on West Coast time or stays up later in other time zones and wants to hang out tonight, I'm a guest host on The Paulcast tonight at 730 pm PST. There would always be twenty or thirty dollars more and like she wasn't what they call a 'flatback' but she was a hustling girl." Billy studies business and is on the wrestling team but absent from the team photo. Were you on the couch at all during the night that you have been testifying about? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOxfXLe8Y8p7RVwPUaHWtCgMy discussion will center on unique perspectives, research methodologies, and cognitive dissonance in the Manson study. QUESTION: You have swam in the pool, havent you? If you do not agree, please immediately exit the service. MR. FITZGERALD: Objection, Your Honor, the answer is non-responsive. ANSWER: I dont believe I ever saw that many, no, around the pool. Focusing on Garretson's immediate past, as one who survived the murders without a physical scratch, was part of that game and therefore, Bugliosi and Stovitz were of a mind to shut down quickly any loopholes.They also had their ammunition to counter the defence deflection; what Astrocreep refers to as "death by a thousand cuts." Sometimes I feel like William Eston Garretson Jr. is Charles Watson's ninth victim. One can hear neighbors talking on the phone at a normal conversational voice level quite clearly from incredibly far away, depending on the weather and other conditions.