Many of the women in my book club have a kindle or digital reader, and they love them. This is a gorgeous 40th birthday gift idea for her. This list of 40th birthday celebration ideas isntabout partying it up or trying to forget that youre turning forty. Im also accepting that its likely Ill never be a mother to children of my own. Thank you very much! Turning 40 is difficult for many women, because it does seem old in comparison to those younger milestone birthdays of 30 and 20 years old. Thank you for your comment, and for sharing my tips for turning 40 on your Facebook page! The fact that you thought ahead, planned something different, and took steps to celebrate her 40thbirthday by doing something different will make her happy. The next few ideas on this list of 40th birthday gift ideas vary from cruises to retro candy. I love Anuschkas Genuine Leather Hand Painted Bags. Im turning 40 tomorrow This brought tears to my eyes, sad&happy tears. You really touched me when you shared this personally about yourself . Learn how to love yourself. Myself, I was hit in the mouth with a bungee cord on my 40th birthday and spent the day looking like pouty lip injections gone bad.But back to enjoying my 40s- Im having tons of fun and hopefully leaving an impression on my own children so that they will NOT be calling themselves old when they reach middle age. I couldntthink of anything Id dislike more! First, though, I want to tell you what my husbands gift to me was on my 40th birthday. Im more centred spiritually and emotionally, more grounded, and more in touch with my own spirit. A purse that is beautiful and artistic is a creative way to celebrate a milestone in life! May you be free of self-judgement, self-incrimination, and self-consciousness. Luana from the Big Island of Hawaii. It is mine in September, I have just broken up with my 7yr long partner, we have a 15mth old Son and had San Francisco booked, but safe to say I wont be going now. I had a lot of feedback so if you read this much then Thank You & God Bless! The best 40th birthday gift ideas are those that take women out of their comfort zone and give her plane fare to get there. Happy Birthday! Let your imagination go crazy because even if you cant do that thing for your 40th, you might be able to work towards it for 41, or 45! And, when I was 27 I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, and didnt think Id see my 30th birthday. Lie about on cushions. Happy 40th Birthday! For beating myself up, losing friends and relationships along the way, and losing my Dad last july. Happy Birthday to my beautiful wife, who is way too sexy to be 40 years old. May you find the most thoughtful and perfect gift for the woman in your life, and may her fortieth birthday be awesome. This will help her feel good about turning forty. I also dont wear earrings, rings, or bracelets. I'm Laurie, creator of Uprooted She Blossoms and author of Growing Forward When You Can't Go Back. Sometimes I even think my life is actually a series of books. Make it a point to declutter and organize your life so that you can actually be free and happy as a forty year old woman. Where are you on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being extremely spiritually and emotionally healthy? Get something like Ageless with Kathy Smith: Total Body Turnaround if you need an encouraging external motivation. Heres one of the most interesting 40th birthday celebration ideas from a reader: Im going to spend my 40th birthday racing exotic cars in Vegas, then flying to Mexico for a week, lying on the beach, golfing on perfect turf, going to see Mayan ruins, racing dune buggies in the sand, scuba diving, and planning my new business idea, says Shannon on How to Create Something New in Your Life. To begin my next 40 years more joyful, relaxed and at peace. If you're coming up on this milestone birthday and you're unsure of how to celebrate it, we gathered some 40th birthday ideas to choose from. I would make fun of you for being old, but Im afraid you might toss your dentures at me and hit me with your cane! (yes, all women have a glitch on their 4oth birthdays, and your gift ideas will help her cope). I turn 40 on August 25 and celebrate my 21st wedding on the 3rd. I will be 40 in Feb 2013, we cannot have children either, the IVF route is also something we do not want to do, the procedure is complicated and the success rate low, so we have embraced it. Its harder to make good friends in your forties; dont get down on yourself if you dont have close friends to celebrate your birthday with. If youre struggling with depression, loneliness, or existential angst, consider journaling as a way to learn why youre so sad and how to get healthy. What happened yesterday and 10 years ago, 20 years ago is done. What do you really want out of life? Is your birthday girl part of a book club? Im tired of criticizing myself! I love being forty. Also make sure that there's enough popcorn and snacks for everyone, too. Most of these 40th birthday gifts are linked to Amazon, to make your shopping easy, fast, and efficient. IF you wanna go get all responsible for your 40th birthday.go ahead..or you can embrace the fact that youve only lived 1/3 of your adult life to date and have plenty more to go around. Turning 40 is a big deal, and should be celebrated with something meaningful and exciting. The new person will feel confident and inspired; the new you will be determined and debt free; by the time you are 45 you will be in flying. Believe it or not, theWomens Classic Silk Pajamas Luxury Giftis one of the most popular and thoughtful 40th birthday gift ideas for women! Meow. Whatever work needs to be done will be done without your trying to make it happen.. Happy birthday to all the 40-year-old women reading this! , Good day my sister, Never give up on your dreams and desires, God is in control and still in the miracle business. Thank you! Thats the most thoughtful idea and only you can give it. Very much feels and look a lot younger. Now that Im 47, Im finally learning how to set myself up for success and happiness. Maybe youre rebuilding after a loss, divorce, empty nest, unexpected career change or a life-altering health diagnosis. Soak up the sun at a rooftop bar. This would be one of the most surprising, delightful, amazing 40th birthday gift ideas for women! Happy Birthday to the foxiest 40-year-old around! Thank you again and have a blessed day . 20 Delightful Ways to Say Happy Mothers Day to Your Daughter, Thank You, Nurses! Happy Birthday! Ilook forward to celebrating my 50th birthday in less than a year, and I have a feeling itll be unforgettable . I feel your pain. Happy Birthday to all women who are celebrating their 40th birthdays. Start writing your thoughts, emotions, experiences. I know my husband would want me to have a happy birthday, eat lots of cake and even raise a glass to his life. I take it my life is over at 40. I really wanted to be a mom a parent and to be able especially to share the love 80 Jesus and to teach my own child about the Lord. I hope you come back and tell us how you celebrated your fortieth birthday! How will you make your 40th birthday meaningful? Im more bitter and unhappy than Ive ever been. Its also very healthy to learn to play a musical instrument! Thank you so much for your comments! Awesome, Blossom. Handmake a gift certificate for a massage or a nice home-cooked meal. Amazons newestKindle Fire in Full Color loaded withher favorite books will jolt her out of the doldrums that come with turning 40. If there's a buzzed-about restaurant in town and you want to treat yourself to a new menu, then make a reservation at the chef's table for a fresh vantage point, too. I feel undesirable, sad and lonely. Even just one night away is an amazing birthday gift for women turning forty andyou dont have to go to a faraway place. Please do not give up the Lord will do it at his own time, no matter your age and all will see and rejoice with you to his glorification. For Christmas last year (no, I didnt have another 40th birthday! I would have planned a big 40th birthday party for you, but whodathunk youd make it this far? So, thank you! Thats one of the best gift ideas you could give her. Wear a Fabulous Forty Bracelet with 40 delicate beads itll remind you to learn from yesterday, live for today, and hope for tomorrow. Dont you dare get old on me! If youre turning 40, I think you should buy yourself a fun, zippy, exciting little car. Happy fortieth birthday! Im not a woman who welcomes or even wears jewelry gifts, but I would wear this pendant if my husband gave it to me. Sheffield Utd X Tottenham - Ao Vivo Grtis HD Sem Travar | Futebol Grtis HD. I also was going to organize/declutter my office & workout room today with intentions exactly as you shared here. If your birthday falls in the summer months, there's really no excuse to be cooped up inside. I hope this article has given you a few 40th birthday celebration ideas. Happy Birthday to someone whos Talented, Terrific, Tremendous, and Top-notch! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. May you find creative ways to celebrate your day, and your life , Finding meaningful ways to celebrate your 40th birthday makes it much easier to turn 40. The biggestlesson from my experience turning forty: dont believe any woman who saysshe says she doesnt want a gift for her 40th birthday. Oops. They were nice, but I wasold enough to be their mother! . 40 is not old.youre as young as you feel. This isnt a 40th birthday celebration idea you can plan. I loved the rehearsals, concerts, and feeling of being part of an orchestra! Will Your Boyfriend's Lack of Motivation Drag You Down? If we gotta grow old, lets grow old together. Theyre so excited and happy like the women on the Ellen show, actually. A regular, healthy exercise routine is essential for a healthy body, mind, and heart. If you've been going to the same restaurant for years, ask if you can create a menu of your favorite things to enjoy with a small group. I am also studying for my masters next year and loving this newfound life. My husband and I were married for 22 years and we celebrated his 40th birthday with a cruise to the Bahamas, five years ago. It also has a slip-in cell phone pocket and 2 zippered pockets in the front. This has been going on for some weeks, and I don't know how to help, now that my gf even remembered that her former friend's birthday is in a week. I am hoping as I turn 40 I can find a happy middle ground to where my life is generally stable and has foreseeable long-term structure. Now Im pretty much a loner I do know this is my year to create memories and to be the best me. Give yourself the gift of acceptance and flow. Dont worry if it doesnt appeal to you or the birthday girl when you scroll through youll find a wide variety of classy jewelry, luxury birthday ideas,and evengourmet chocolate gifts. Its over. Thisunique 40th birthday gift for includesa card that describesa funny reason why each item was included, as well as retro candy from the 70s. We are sailing on Carnival Imagination on September 25. Share secrets. Your email address will not be published. Beautiful, as women we have to be reminded of our greatness and the promises of the Lord. The best birthday greetings do two things: they not only mark his or her milestone moment and all the ways your son or daughter has grown over the years, but also give you, as a parent, the opportunity to show how much you love and admire him or her. I need to also focus on dropping my walls which has over the years gotten much worse, keeping me from having close relationships (w/ the exception of my amazing husband). I know God directed me here. Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life is one of the best ways to let go of the past and heal from old wounds. A box of40th Birthday Gift Basket Box of Retro Candyis a gift many readers give for fortieth birthdays, as a creative addition to the real thoughtful gift idea for her fortieth birthday. Coping With Uncertainty, Fear & Loneliness, Fabulous Forty Bracelet with 40 delicate beads, 7 Ways to Be Happier on Your Birthday After a Breakup How Love Blossoms, How to Be Happy Alone on Your Birthday Blossom Tips, Need More Freedom? So, for me the thing to do throughout my forties (birthday or not) is to take good care of my future, my environment, the people I love, and my emotional and physical health. Im turning 40 and experiencing my first birthday as a widow. Therefore, your other suggestions of giving myself meaningful gifts is perfect! Happy 40th Birthday, sweetie! I love the fact that 40 gives you a licence to truly be you and thus your celebration should be true to who you are! Lordy, Lordy, look whos 40! Sunshine? Decide that you wont get caught without friends on your 41st birthday, and you wont be celebrating alone. Thank youfor your beautiful thoughts.