They told me what the it was the sunroof drain and gutter system. status of any class action settlement claim. We take the speaker off and use non setting water proof Butyl rubber sealing cord under the mounting face which squeezes out each side. She found white staff growing in the back of her car. Did our cars come with body undercarriage plugs? Then one day i heard the water gushing in from the backseat floor area. HA! Ceiling is dry, so I dont think its the sunroof. Really the workmanship is the issue here. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The fix to take off the spider traps is very easy to do yourself. There are four of them, one at each corner. If you are trying to figure out if your Volkswagen Tiguan is leaking water, the first thing we need to do is determine if you have coolant or water underneath of the vehicle. Vauxhaull Vectra Inside water Leak Problem Fixed Wet floor in the car. A lot of water leaking out of the tail pipe is certainly a cause for concern. SOURCE: 2000 Passat A/C condensation inside car. After first downpour, I found a pool of water in drivers footwell. document.getElementById( "ak_js_5" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); @2023 Top Class Actions. Apparently, the front of the cab was stripped and the front sunroof drains were unblocked so I hope that is its last visit for this obvious design fault. There is a housing that bolts to the block that holds the thermostat. Add me as well please. I tried everything and I am worried about my children s safety as they have to sit in this unsanitary environment. VW Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Leaky Sunroof Defect, Social Security Disability application & appeal claim review, Abbott baby formula recall lawsuit investigation, Essential: Remember your cookie permission setting, Essential: Gather information you input into a contact forms, newsletter and other forms across all pages, Essential: Keep track of what you input in a shopping cart, Essential: Authenticate that you are logged into your user account, Essential: Remember language version you selected, Functionality: Remember social media settings, Functionality: Remember selected region and country, Analytics: Keep track of your visited pages and interaction taken, Analytics: Keep track about your location and region based on your IP number, Analytics: Keep track of the time spent on each page, Analytics: Increase the data quality of the statistics functions, Advertising: Tailor information and advertising to your interests based on e.g. How can I become part of this class action suit? Has the windshield ever been replaced? 2019 Tiguan r line I pulled the plastic trim from the console side away and found the source: there is a tube with a rubber intake that the water is coming out of. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" FYI I owned a 2017 vow gold right before this and never had these issues. This is preprogrammed highway robbery! The car went in for repair multiple times while still under warranty, but it still leaks. Make sure it has the little tip on it to prevent the end from fraying. A known problem is water leaking to the driver's side front foot well; apparently, this is caused by a water outlet . in direction of the frame between the back door window and the back fixed window. Had transmission rebuilt (Pro).My problem is that when it gets around 35, 8L90E Specs, Performance, and Identification, TH400 Transmission Specs, ID, and Common Problems, Volkswagen Sharan: Leaking Water Diagnosis, Volkswagen Touareg: Leaking Water Diagnosis, Mazda 6 P0320: Meaning, Causes, & Diagnosis. Tiguan owners were told the front sunroof drains could become blocked with moist debris, allowing water to leak into the passenger compartments. Has anyone ever experienced this? Click Change Settings if you want to tailor the use of your cookies. Purchased a 2016 VW Tiguan brand new. I have a 2016 Golf and I just found out that I my sunroof is leaking into the car and pooling in the back seat. I still owe on the car, so this damage is a loss. Second time in 3 years. Corporate told me well out of warranty, my problem now. Not the service reps. After reading information, I look in my spare tire area and over 3 gallons of water I pumped out. Great warranties :( Please add me to this class action lawsuit. And it a 1,000 to repair Attorneys please help! Under no circumstances will I deal with VW concern again. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Noticed after heavy rain the water in the passenger footwell. Browse Categories Answer Questions . Which would be driver footwell in the UK, my Cali is LHD. Nothing inside is wet except the water comes from the back drivers side seat area onto the floor when it rains. White of Greg Coleman Law PC; and Mark P. Bryant and Emily Ward Roark of Bryant Law Center PSC. Itll have a radiator hose attached to it. I had both sunroof AND windshield draining issues with my 2010 Tiguan this summer. Average failure mileage is 10,800 miles. Dealer has stated -not covered by any VW warranty- 6 year bumper to bumper warranty is invalid. Ill have to look in to that recall. No way do I fault them. This is a 24,000 mile 3 year and 4 month car (just enough to put it out of warranty). Click Accept if you consent. Water leak in passenger footwell | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW It could also be the cabin air vent units behind the rear bumper, these cause the pocket behind to fill with water which then leaks over and runs down. VW claims that rubber gasket gets dirty and need to be cleaned every year. A forum community dedicated to Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 owners and enthusiasts. My Tiguan has been leaking water inside for months. I belive that is one of the four sunroof drain tubes, so if that is the case, running a long thin wire through the sunroof drain should be O.K. I dont even use the sunroof, have literally opened it 1 time! Dealer said drains need regular maintenance. Angus wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:19 am Could be from a burst windscreen washer hose, had this causing water into front passenger footwell - was on 2014 Polo though, I think VW said it was rear hose. Never had it with a GTI but I did have a blocked air conditioner evaporator hose on a couple of cars. The problem is that water will freeze in the winter time and cause the engine block, heads, freeze plugs, or some other part of the engine to freeze up. SOLVED: Water is pouring into the passenger footwell of my - Fixya Now my car is out of warranty! Search Fixya. Please add me. Pulling into my job yesterday and noticed a drip that persisted right above the front/center console. Extracted the water with rags. Got a 2018 Atlas a little over year and half ago and have had moldy smell in it since we got it, just found out about leaking drains due to manufacture defect or clogs and the water has made its way inside the floor in the rear. Unacceptable. It is a SCAM. I can see a small trickle coming down over the internal wheel arch. Hi everyone. I took it to a premier detailing company to do an extreme ozone and interior detailing, still stinks (still owed reimbursement for this from VW). Why is My Passenger Side Floormat Wet? | Carter Volkswagen, Ballard This was after a pretty heavy rain but not sure exactly when it happened. All water leaks through these suspect areas, even if it's from the A pillar, will eventually end up around these two vents under the front seat since that is the lowest point on the rear footwell. Just putting silicone sealant round is not the right way and can trap water causing corrosion. I have this problem in my MK4. Meanwhile 2 days later aircon and heater fan stopped working completely. Air Conditioning System Your Tiguans A/C system leaks water directly underneath the engine bay as a byproduct of its operation. I watched a small river run from between the backseat and the door onto the floor, so I do know it still has a leak. Per the technical bulletin, the sunroof has tubes to drain any moisture that collects in the track. First noticed the leak when I went to pull down both visors & water came pouring out. I have a 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan, with 40k miles. I had my mechanic try to fix, but the problem isnt resolved. I posted a message last week about a leak in my 2012 high up. I don't know. Consumers purchase the Class Vehicles reasonably expecting that their vehicles can be used in the normal and ordinary manner in which cars are used, including driving in the rain, the VW class action argues. Mar 12, 2021. At 66 with Cancer and Multiple Sclerosis I am driving a health time bomb because I cant afford to fix Volkswagens design flaw which has spanned at least 12 years. The spider traps were removed on the first visit for this problem last year so not sure what has blocked them this year! Generation 3: T5 is model CR7 [Not available in "VW Atlas" North America!] Gjonbalaj argues that VW continues to deceive consumers despite attempting to win their trust back with the extended warranty offer. Additionally, the tubes are zip-tied to the frame which also restricts the drainage. Shouldn't be that difficult to fix if it is. I would say it is accountant interference cost cutting rather than bad design. VW Tiguan Owners Club Malaysia | Hi Brothers vw, have you guys ever Came back off long holiday and noticed a lot of condensation in the car, everything was damp and there was mould appearing on the carpets, particularly the front passenger footwell. If this isnt welcome in this group, I apologize. Since the sun roof checks out to be "OK", remove the door trim panel on the passenger rear and check to see if the "vapor barrier" is kinked or damaged in any way from the factory. Had it checked VW dealer wants $900 to reset lights and another $1100 for leak. Actions does not process claims and we cannot advise you on the VW is replacing my sunroof, but refusing to cover costs for replacement for carpets and sound board that was ruined by the water damage. Poured water into the area, water did not leak into the passenger footwell. VW Wet Carpet Water in Footwell Problem Fix Hazards Interior light I have dried the floor yesterday since it was sunny day. All warning lights were on. I have been going back and forth with VW corporate for months on this and have not gotten any satisfaction. Is my car just ruined forever? VW 'Pocket Rocket' - 2020 Polo GTI Plus 5 Door DSG. JavaScript is disabled. Water itself, is often not a problem at all. Boot is too soft a material for this drain so it squeezes closed not allowing for proper drainage. They do not admit defect. 2015 golf gti. Absurd. The water in the footwell is quite considerable and is creating pools when the carpet is compressed. Contact your dealer and he may have a company that you can call. Thermostat Housing The thermostat is a small device that acts as a barrier that lets coolant into the engine only when it reaches a certain temperature (usually a bit over 200 degrees). Hi all, My Tiguan has always had moisture problems in the winter, I'd have to scrape inside, more than outsideI would park beside a friend at the same time, in the same location, and we'd go back to our cars and mine would be fully frosted and hers would be fine. My son also has one he paid $1700 to repair should of been free its a defect with all these complaints . Its basically a flood damaged vehicle. Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > Tiguan 4Motion (5N1) L4-2.0L Turbo (CCTA If there is anything you would like to add, please leave a comment below. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Nothing in the front. These two mornings I found it is wet under the passenger side floor mat. https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-golf-sill-panel-trim-removal/, https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/golf+variant+4motion/golf/2016-746/8/819-819030/, OBDeleven coding mods done on my 2017 GSW S, https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47754. We just de-rivet and reseal the speaker housings with Butyl cord. So i want in on this, I would like to be added as well. Seen a few other posts on this issue but my Cali is LHD so not sure if makes any difference. Could also be the sunroof drain as you suspected. I sat in my polo today only to find I got an upgrade in my car a freaking . This is not going to dry out on it's own. I am still making payments on my so called high end car. I spoke to them, they wont fix it and they quote me 3000 for the water damage that it caused to the car. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME: Repair involves the removal of headliner and carpeting; replacement of defective In 2017, the company agreed to settle diesel emissions claims against them from the U.S. Department of Justice, the Environmental Protection Agency, the California Air Resources Board, the Federal Trade Commission and vehicle owners. NO FORUM HOMEPAGES. Link must be about this specific problem or it will be deleted it must be free & helpful, like a video or web page or forum thread about this exact problem. Me too! My neighbor/mechanic cleaned the drains (because I trust him more than I trust VW). That is not true because after 3 weeks the problem re-emerged. then it wasn't dry. Im leasing 2019 VW Tiguan my car is filled with water backfloor and now front passenger side. 2013 Tiguan with panoramic sunroof leaking passenger side. Pressing my hand into the carpet padding still had water on my hand. Water can also leak out of the exhaust as this happens. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan; Volkswagen Tiguan Car and Truck . Gone but not forgotten; 2016 Polo GTI 5 Door 6 speed manual, 2012 Model year Golf . However, these tubes lack any rigidity and are pinched by foam blocks in the headliner. Nothing on the headliner. The stress this has caused for so many financially hanging on by a thread is effing ludicrous. Plaintiff Sokol Gjonbalaj says Volkswagen offers their customers a People First bumper-to-bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty which covers vehicles for six years or 72,000 miles. I just bought a 2013 Jetta Sportwagen and hadnt found any thing that I was concerned about. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. The floor was soaking wet and my neighbor drained a large bucket full of water from my vehicle. I took it in for the recall notice they sent me to have the sunroof drains looked at and fixed..I keep her in the garage as we have a fleet of dubs..Quite a few years later i now have a problem. I used a wet dry vacuum and got most of it up. It could be: The vapor barrier inside the door is ripped allowing water to run into the interior. . Ceiling is dry, so I dont think its the sunroof. Everyone knows how bad water damage is in a home. . Itll be toward the front of the vehicle, further up than where the A/C condensation would be. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=93823. It seems like that tube sucks air in when the A/C is on. They are refusing to accept any responsibility at all. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Your Tiguans air conditioning system is going to produce water as a product of the cooling process. The car has panoramic sunroof and cargo bar, for sure water is seeping from one of the two. Please have someone contact me. CAUTION: I hung Damp Rid on the handle near the backseat window to try to get rid of the musky smell and dampness and the bag leaked and destroyed the rear car seat disintegrated the leather. :(, I would love to join this or start a new one. and our Please help I would like to also be apart of the lawsuit if any law group is actually going to take this issue seriously. This can lead to a false or inaccurate reading. 9N3 pool of water in front passenger foot well - Club Polo VW Touareg models are as follows: Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA & facelift T2 is model 7L6. Water leaking into passenger side footwell | Mercedes-Benz Forum 2015 Sportwagen. I managed to track it to underneath the carpet on the front passenger footwell. It has been wet for over a month. We have a current water ingress problem. Extracted the water with rags. You're in the UK, so your steering wheel is on the wrong side ;-), but I do know that some US cars have leaked water through the cabin air filter housing. I live in Southern California where it rains very infrequently, and I still get leaks in my roof. Try to kneed that to break up any little leave pieces. This was the problem in the passat, it can happen to any vw if the water does not drain away from the intake area. Black funnel drains from condensation pan into a flexable rubber boot. I need a new headliner, mold removal, new carpeting, padding and sensors. Fixes many faults replace or fixing CCM If your Volkswagen Tiguan is leaking water, it could mean a few different things are happening. It is now a health and safety issue that like my daughter who has major sinus issue will result in a medical law suit. Two ruined subwoofers, failed right front speaker, stained headliner and mold in trunk area. American/Canadian web site, looks like they get it fixed for free. This car was built Nov 9th 83, and left the factory Nov 19th 83. Keep in mind, it was dipping from the front part of the door OP, not the back drivers side. Posted on July 2, 2022 by July 2, 2022 by 2010 Tiguan. Thanks for the suggestion. I honestly believe another class action suit should be brought against them. Gjonbalaj and the proposed Class are represented by Mitchell M. Breit, Jason Jay Barnes, and Brittany A. Boswell of Simmons Hanly Conroy; Gregory F. Coleman and Lisa A. Wet floor in rear passenger side | TDIClub Forums I have a 2013 tiguain sel and I had a flooded passenger side full of three inches of water! It seems like that tube sucks air in when the A/C is on. It was ridiculous. 0 helpful. So distressed! Good luck diagnosing your Volkswagen Tiguans water leak. . There is a section further down the page with common radiator leak causes, if its coolant that you found has leaked from your Tiguan. Get the hose and have someone spray the outside of that door while you're inside feeling both door sills on that side to see if water is entering there. The mechs cause more damage to the car but do not want to take responsibility again workmanship. Tiguan LWB 2018 All All AX_JM000001 AX_JM135999 Condition 66 18 02 September 13, 2018 2052184 Water Leak - Passenger Floor Passenger floorboard area wet. I asked the stealer service department if they saw this issue as a common problem and was assured that it was not! This is completely normal and should not be cause for alarm. With the warm weather, I've been wiping the inside of the windshield with a cloth in the morning because it is soaked. The same rubber pieces can be seen on the car body where the front door hinges are. Common fault! I don't recall if there are rear wheel well liners. My car is a 2015/VW/GTI May not buy another VW after owning them for 15 years. Yes checked the windshield drains with a hose a few times, and they seem fine so far. This will offirallly be the last VW anything I ever have !! I am in Canada. Leak into door pillar and wiring harness causing electrical damage as well as interior staining and mold. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. I just bought a used 2013 Audi Q7 with panoramic roof and within a month it had flooded and fried the electronic components. Sep 12, 2010. Besides risk of mold, electronic sensors/controls may also be affected; my check engine light has started to come on.