Truck Driving Schools in Maine - Class A Drivers All ME Commercial Drivers Even though you aren't currently state-required to take CDL test prep courses until February 7, 2022, doing so will improve your chances of being able to pass . Learn about becoming an LPN in your state, its in demand! E ROOM 205. One of these is the Maine Contractors & Builders Alliance Scholarship. Drivers Edge Driving School | Bangor ME - Facebook Due to its short length, the CDL-A program is not yet eligible for Federal Financial Aid. Prodrive Truck Driver Training - The Big Freeze Festival But, in essence, thats what you are doing if the truck driving school you attend has too many students and too few instructors. Region 9 School of Applied Technology Truck Driving. Generally, NTI programs start every 3 - 10 weeks (depending on the program). Sometruck driving schools in Maine may beaccredited by the Professional Truck Driver Institute or PTDI. Make sure the CDL school you go to is a registered training provider, which will train you at the very least the ELDT. So, NTI wants to make sure everyone understands what career training means. Career Development Office >>. Remember, most truck driving school students have never even been inside a semi. Remember, a truck driving school is a business, and like any other business, it is in business to make a profit so that it can stay open. Maine; Steep Falls; source: Bing 4 views . By submitting this form, I expressly consent to be contacted by a school/partner in the Career Now Network You will be tested on what you would inspect on the vehicle and why. Although they teach the same thing, not all truck driving schools, Of all the factors you need to consider whenchoosing a truck driving school in Maine,the tuition cost will invariably be near the top of the list. Most trucking school programs provide above and beyond the ELDT requirements. You may also need to travel long distances to fulfill your jobs, or you may just need to transport products within your nearby region. If you are a truck driving student, a small class could offer more benefits. March 31, 2023Friday parent and student orientationnight 5:30-7:00pm, TEEN DATES: 4/1/2023 and 4/2/2023 onZoom classroom9:00-12:00pm. There is a building where students are given classroom instruction and there is a training yard where students are given driving instruction. I-95 South Carolina accidents near exit ; Mile Marker 0mm. Furthermore, theyll help you find grants, loans, and scholarships. This scholarship is awarded to 5 students each year and equals $500. 207-768-2700. Learn the skills required for installation, maintenance, & repair of residential and light commercial systems. + Your CDL training is three weeks and is available in multiple locations\. To find a truck driving school in Connecticut . 207-474-8524. These type of schools are called CDL mills and they are only out to take your money and get you out the door as fast as possible so they canexploita new batch of unsuspecting students. CDL training the first step to a great career. Before any payment is made, all students must take part in an admissions interview with one of our Admissions Representatives. Like any other business, there are good ones and there are bad ones. Healthcare Professional training starts every 3 weeks. Student, Sometruck driving schools in Maine may beaccredited by the Professional Truck Driver Institute or PTDI. 33 Edgemont Ln, Presque Isle, ME 04769. If the difference in price between schools in the same location is more or less than $500, you may want to do some research and find out why one school charges much more than the others. more, The start of the program was very accepting. During the interview, the advisor will explain the program, determine eligibility for admission to the program, and discuss financial aid and payment options. Major employers in Maine include Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Schneider, and NAPA. That includesour truck for your Road Test up to two tries, if needed for the ScarboroughDOT test site. Great Lakes Truck Driving School is a Military friendly TOP 10 School! Youll also have the opportunity to train for endorsements in air brakes, hazardous materials (optional), tankers, and doubles/triples. Possible course funding and NO interest loans to qualified applicants. Of course not. Educating Maine drivers since 1996. This class is now full. Then purchase AAA software to be complete by 8/1/2023 to take the final exam at our office 5:30-7:30pm. Get started with a career as an electrician in your state. 207-369-9058. The decision you make couldlead you on the path to a great learning experience or a dead end disaster. We work directly with top CDL schools, trade schools and technical colleges offering commercial truck driver's license training. Taking truck driving training may be expensive since you must pay for the instructors time as well as equipment, fuel, and other stuff. Choosing a truck driving school only on price may be problematic. Roehl drivers are on track to make $60,000\+\! Thank more, I am currently almost halfway through my time at NTI. Small class sizes offer plenty of advantages, particularly if you are in a truck driving program. They introduced a uniform skill performance, curriculum, and certification standard in 1989 in order to raise the bar on the truck driver training process. Find medical billing and coding education programs. Location, location, location. Browse the featured Maine truck driving schools below to find a trucking school near you. Become a travel agent in your home state. 33 Edgemont Ln, Presque Isle, ME 04769. . Paying hundreds or thousands of dollars to a school to be self-taught would be just plain dumb. If you plan on getting hired as a truck driver in Maine, there are some things you should know first. 9 Questions You Must Ask, Decide if Truck Driving is The Correct Career Path, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Our business address is: Attn: Class A Drivers MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands 909 N Pacific Coast Highway, 11th Floor El Segundo, CA 90245. TEEN DATES: 6/3/23 and 6/4/2023 onZoom classroom9:00-12:00pm. Learn about the best jobs in the industry and those that you want to avoid. Please completely fill out this online application form (indicate on the form if you are applying for YCCC or Northern Maine Community College location). In order to get their certifications, graduates of these programs must fulfill the DOT standards for employment in the trucking industry. It's like that trusted little truck stop with all the goods! Independent/Private CDL Training School. Youll also need to pass a written exam, consisting of 50 multiple-choice questions about traffic laws, road signs, and safe driving practices. Click here to download the current brochure. | Home| About | Contact |Terms|Privacy. If you try and apply yourself I'm sure it will work out for you. In your second year, you focus on diesel hydraulics. FOUR advantages of Maine Company Sponsored CDL Schools . CyberSecurity training startsevery 8 weeks. Homepage - Great Lakes Truck Driving School The length of a CDL training course might vary substantially based on the institution or college where you enroll. We learn more successfully when we are doing something rather than just sitting in a classroom. Pass Your State's Regular Driver's License Exam. While the cost of a school is an important factor to consider . Some of our partner schools also have accredited trade school programs available at their Maine locations. Since were a school, NTIs goal is to train as many students as we can. Choosing a truck driving school with a proven track record of placing students in top-tier companies is crucial to your long-term success as a truck driver. The job outlook for the trucking industry in Maine is quite positive. Skowhegan, ME 04976. Classes are filling up fast! Learn the art of dog grooming, a rapidly-growing niche! For many individuals, the additional few minutes it takes to go to their driving school to learn to drive is not worth the effort. Below you can find a graph outlining Maine trucking and diesel mechanic salaries compared to the nationwide average. Region 9 Professional Driver Training. Get Your CDL Program Training Overview - Roehl.Jobs You will be tested on being able to drive the vehicle on the public road, and in a different traffic conditions: left and right turns, railroad crossings, intersections, up and down grades, curves, single or multi-lane roads, highways or streets. The most well-known companies in this state are Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Schneider, and NAPA. And NTIs rate in recent years has been in the high 80s and low 90s percentage range. For select schools, we have also provided a link toGet the Insider Info where you can get in-depth information, including cost, for each truck driving school in Maine that we have interviewed. The amount of drive time a school gives their students directly impacts the price of tuition because of the expenses involved. If you found this article helpful, feel free to share it using the buttons below. There may be one or twotruck driving schools in Mainethat charge an outrageous amount of money for mediocre training. Mexico, ME 04257. My Pro Drive is more than just a Driving School. (2020). ME Teachers were very understanding of the individual needs of each student as an individual helping them be part of a group learning environment. The Professional Truck Driver Institute, is a non-profit organization that advocatestruck-drivertraining standards, driver professionalism, and safety. The price for our school is $600.00, 1. After completing your admissions interview, our Financial Aid Office staff will help you through the whole process. If you want to start training for a job as a truck driver, use the search application to connect with a CDL school in Maine now! Thank more, I had such a positive experience at NTI. During the interview, the advisor will explain the program, determine eligibility for admission to the program, and discuss financial aid and payment options. Then just submit the form below, and well contact you to schedule a time to discuss your future career. 3209 VIRGINIA AVE. BLD. Generally, NTI programs start every 3 10 weeks (depending on the program). 206 Water St Ste 1, Skowhegan, ME 04976. One more thing to consider. CDL school graduates are prepared for licensure through the State of Maines Department of Transportation. Do they have more instructors on their payroll? Sage Truck Driving School - CDL Training - Ft. Pierce, FL Determine the monetary worth of any program in which you are interested. Full Time position. Launch a career as a Paralegal in your home state. If a schools job placement program has a low success rate, then you may want to consider going to a trucking school with a higher job placement rate. Are they accredited by the Professional Truck Driver Institute? They are: Full-time training programs will usually be much shorter since the students will be going to class and training five days a week. Additionally, well also gauge your desire and commitment to graduate. The cost to attend Prodrive Truck Driver Training ranges from $1,500 to $6,000 depending on the qualification, with a median cost of $3,000. If you want to get specialization, make sure to look for schools that offer this option. (Maine, 2020), Estimated Industry Growth Over 10 Years Systems Technology training starts every 8 weeks. Remember, a truck driving school is a business, and like any other business, it is in business to make a profit so that it can stay open. While the cost of a school is an important factor to consider, it should not be the most important factor in your selection. Please have a copy of your high school completion documentation and vaccination records, including COVID vaccination details, ready to share with us as part of the admissions process. Refresher course, Company plans call for schedule. My classes were very informative. And NTI has been Maines top CDL school for over 25 years. Learn how to become a home health aide in your state. Most truck driving schools in Mainetrain their students by following the same basic curriculum. Embark on a journey to a fabulous career in cosmetology! CDL-B Truck Driver training starts every 3 weeks. As a Maine student, you may want to apply for the Maine Contractors & Builders Alliance Scholarship. First Year as a Truck Driver: Heres What to Expect, Vocational Training Programs/Courses List (TRADE COURSE) Key Benefits, Top 22 High Paying Jobs That Dont Require Bachelors Degrees, Understanding Vocational Training What Is Vocational Training, Free Training Programs Near You (Continuously Updating), Best 500 Trade Schools: Top 10 Trade Schools in Each State, Vocational Rehabilitation: The Definitive Guide, Mid-Coast School of Technology CDL Programs, 51 U.S. Route 1, Suite K, Scarborough, ME 04074, Region 9 School of Applied Technology Truck Driving. My instructors and all staff members have been a great influence on me. The Office of Career Development offers every student: Learn more about the Career Services Office >>. Check to see whether you will be able to return to your home state after completing your CDL training at an out-of-state college before enrolling there. GoDriving.co Truck School in Saco Maine. We've partnered with some of the best trucking companies in the nationandhave helped thousands of people just like youget into a high quality paid CDL training program. Prodrive Truck Driver Training , Scarborough, ME - Indeed Diesel, Truck & Heavy Equipment - EMCC That is why NTI has moved away from traditional semesters and start dates. We train truck drivers for jobs near our training facilities.. Our headquarters are in Marshfield, Wisconsin, and we also offer paid CDL training in the Fox Valley area of the state near our Appleton Terminal, and we've expanded our Get Your CDL truck driver training job so we can offer the program in Chicago, Illinois, too. So, while choosing a training center, take your time. Do they have larger class sizes and, therefore, more wear and tear on their trucks, and higher fuel expenses? Affordable suites, traditional double-size rooms and single units available, next to the dining commons. Schneider does not have trucking schools, but we do offer a variety of company-paid CDL training options and can help connect you with the perfect truck driving school. HVAC/R Technician Training Program: 30 weeks, CDL-A Truck Driver Training Program: 160 hours, CDL-B Truck Driver Training Program: 80 hours, Network Administration & Design Training Program:34 weeks. General Driving Lessons: $75.00 per hour to work on whatever student needs to work on. T, TEEN DATES: 7/8/2023 and 7/9/2023 onZoom classroom, Then purchase AAA software to be complete by 8/1/2023 to take the final exam at our office 5:30-7:30pm. The level of instruction they deliver varies greatly. Location: Danville. Driving vehicles weighing more than 26,000 pounds needs a specific license. You want your truck driving school experience to be educational, beneficial, and fun. Accidents On I 95Scary fuel tanker crash highlights I-95 safety As well as measuring employability in your chosen field. Finding a school that can help you get a job after training is important. 207-768-2700. Lets face it, the final decision you make will determine the quality of training you receive and the amount of money you pay to receive that training. This can give you a step up over competitors when it comes to the job search. That is why NTI has moved away from traditional semesters and start dates. Truck drivers are one of the most in-demand careers available, today. Get Paid While You Train and Make $45,000 or More Your First Year with Paid CDL Training! It is critical to understand if the program provides individual coaching or collaborates with local transit providers. Choose the right school and it will be. Search CDL Job listings in Maine like Class A local, regional, and long haul driver. 377 River Rd, Mexico, ME 04257. Commercial Driving - Northern Maine Community College Find Truck Driver Training Near Me - Local CDL Schools As a Commercial Truck Driver youll spend your workday: Undeniably, school is a major commitment and can feel complicated. And NTI has been Maine's top CDL school for over 25 years. To clarify, NTI is prohibited from guaranteeing job placement. Systems Technology training starts every 8 weeks. On average, CDL training in Maine should cost somewhere between $2,500 and $4,500. Northern Maine Community College. Your email address will not be published. FORT PIERCE, FL 34981. Maine high school basketball star up for top national award. T, SERVICES WE OFFER: After you have your Learners Permit, One hour in car lesson plus our car to use for your test Fee is $120.00. Please use the form below to contact our customer service or sales team. In your first year, you get a traditional diesel technology education. You may have to simply fill out a few forms or you may have to retake the written test, the driving test, or both. Is it necessary to get a CDL in order to work as a truck driver? Drivers mostly transport cargo across local and state lines under tight schedules. Our Drivers Earn $26.41 Hourly! CDL-A Truck Driver training starts every 3 weeks. All data retrieved from Bureau of Labor Statistics (2015). That is why NTI has moved away from traditional semesters and start dates.