Although I hear they did take the Shed in the 1960's some time. The first time they did not take the Shed was the evening match 1979-80 we won 2-1 the shed chased out little groups that where gathering in the corners. . Tottenham Hotspur 4-4-2. Cristian Romero . When we got to The Gunners, it was closed as Spuds had swarmed it and most of the windows had gone in. We stood in the lower part of the North Bank, to the right of the goal swapping info on what we'd seen/had happened. An Arsenal fan decided to lob a bottle into the Rangers and boy did they retaliate - Rangers lads threw their bottles at the roof of the stand so the glass shattered and rained down on the Arsenal boys - surprising there was no major disaster because people were running everywhere. With USA Network covering the Tottenham vs Chelsea TV broadcast, the Sling Blue Plan is the package you'll . pic.twitter.com/3GKFKXTZBX, De-Gol (@MorganDe_god) February 22, 2020, After one Twitter used called them scum, they replied: Are you that simple we are not chelsea we are a public house that happens to be beside the ground we are a theatre a music venue. News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services. Along with Ronnie himself and his, "It is time for art to flow into the organisation of life." Drinkers fled as running battles broke out between about 40 thugs carrying knives, baseball bats, wooden clubs embedded with nails and hockey sticks. Arsenals team had also changed, with Terry Mancini at the heart of the defence and Brian Kidd and Alex Cropley replacing the likes of Ray Kennedy and Charlie George. A notorious hooligan, who has been banned from every ground in the United Kingdom, was reportedly spotted at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium during their recent match against Wolves, according to a report in the Daily Mail. Tottenham Hotspur Football Shirts. Whats more the old guard was changing Sexton had gone from Chelsea, Nicholson had called it a day at Spurs and Ron Greenwood had stepped aside at West Ham. We are Tottenham from the lane is 100% based on sailing which came out in 75 and we nicked it from Millwall after we played them 77-78 season. When the y*ds got to the goal at our end of the pitch, the Shed acted as one and surged down the terrace and leaped the wall. Football hooliganism in England can be dated back to the 1880's when individuals referred to as roughs caused trouble at football matches. Can't remember what year it was, but I think it was an Easter Monday game - Arsenal won 1-0 with a goal by Malcolm MacDonald. Spurs could do little wrong, but they had trouble following-up on those early 1960s triumphs. Chelsea could not quite believe their bad luck After this crazy win, it must be Spurs title win, said one contemporary report. The riot began outside the White Horse pub in Parsons Green, known as the "Sloaney Pony", following a dramatic FA Cup clash between Chelsea and Spurs. Chelsea and Spurs would not meet again in league action until 1984-85, but the old rivalry was still there. Chairs and bottles thrown as Chelsea and Tottenham fans cause trouble outside pub following the Premier League clash Saturday afternoon. But they were on the march again and into 1971-72, they were chasing a number of prizes. I remember them coming the shed 1973-74 the year they went down singing United agro but where chased out. Chelsea steamed into them time after time during the match, and I can still remember Shed boys actually climbing over the top of the coppers to whack the Arsenal, who were by this time shi*ting themselves. Police believe it was either a prearranged fight organised over mobile phones and the internet or Tottenham hooligans had ambushed Chelsea fans "in their own backyard". Echoing a number of investigations in the late '80s, the film follows the fate of an undercover cop who infiltrates a 'firm' of hooligans and finds himself becoming caught up by the gang's camaraderie and the thrill of the fighting. Tottenham Hotspur bolstered their hopes for a top-four finish and extended Chelsea's miserable run under coach Graham Potter with a 2-0 win over the Blues in the Premier League on Sunday, thanks . There was no violence at the match, which was policed by 600 officers. martincosgrove (@martincosgrove3) February 22, 2020, Hope you got the chair back from the back of the Tottenham fans head So #spursy, Dean (@DeanCareFreeCFC) February 22, 2020. Tottenham Hotspur. Spurs tales are full of BS most of the time. . There were a few hundred of them, and they seemed very confident. It was a battlefield in the middle of Fulham's smartest area on a Sunday evening. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. One shocking clip shows a black-clad man being punched to the floor before he gets up and charges at the bunch of fans who knocked him down. He didnt want to be recognised, but he had been spotted. The incident came with ten minutes left of the match, which Chelsea won 1-0.. Fofana, 22, found himself in a footrace to the ball with . He claims the Dutch police kicked him to the floor and stamped on his leg, breaking it, during the fighting that occurred before and after the matchDate: 30/05/1974, Stripped to the waist, a man is led away by police at Brisbane Road ground before the League Division Two match between Orient and Manchester United on the opening day of the 1974/75 season.Date: 17/08/1974, Police in Action at Chelsea. However, fan footage from before the game has shown hooligans trading punches as running battles erupted outside of Stamford Bridge. Not sure if it's memory loss or good luck i didn't go those games, but i don't remember the days when the Shed was taken. I don't think terrace fighting really evolved in England until the following season, apart from Millwall. Tottenham and West Ham fans clashed violently again on Wednesday night The two sets of fans converged on Spurs' ground for their cup quarter-final Several clips shows the fans fighting on High. Police arrested 34 men, including seven who were taken to hospital suffering from stab wounds and head injuries. Tottenham Hotspur FC. The pub said: Can I just say a massive thanks to all the @ChelseaFC fans today who came to the pub .. you never let your team down and stuck up for the pub which makes me feel very proud to be here and serve you all on a match day .. Mind you as a 15 yr old oik i felt like 'proper Chelsea' when i first stood in the north stand giving the Everton (and the line of plod separating the two sets of fans) what for on the last day of the '74-'75 season. Ardiles and Villa showed off a box of tricks for 90 minutes and created goals for Spurs to take the lead twice, through John Duncan and Gerry Armstrong. Date: 30/05/1974, English First Division Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United White Hart LaneA touchline tussle, as police deal with unruly spectators.Date: 12/02/1977, FA Cup Sixth Round Newcastle United v Nottingham ForestA policeman with an Alsatian herds the Newcastle United fans back onto the terraces after they invaded the pitch, hoping to get the match abandoned with their team 3-1 down and a man shortDate: 09/03/1974, Soccer Football League Division Two Orient v Manchester UnitedA Manchester United fan is chased by a policemanDate: 17/08/1974, Football League Division Two Orient v Manchester UnitedA Manchester United fan is arrested by policeman after the riotDate: 17/08/1974, Football League Division Two Cardiff City v Manchester United Ninian ParkA fan is arrested during scuffles between rival fans outside Ninian ParkDate: 31/08/1974, Football League Division Two Sheffield Wednesday v Manchester United HillsboroughMounted policemen help to deal with trouble making fans after fighting broke out in the crowd.Date: 07/12/1974, Football League Division One Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea White Hart LaneAn unruly fan is pinned down by a policeman after trouble erupted before the matchDate: 19/04/1975, Football League Division One Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea White Hart LaneA young fan is carried away by a policeman after trouble erupted before the matchDate: 19/04/1975, Football League Division One Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea White Hart LaneA policemans helmet goes flying as he wades into the crowd to quell an outbreak of fightingDate: 19/04/1975, League Division One Arsenal v Manchester United HighburyPolice try to control the crowd at Highbury before Arsenals match against Manchester United.Date: 22/11/1975. Murdaugh is heckled as he leaves court, Missing hiker buried under snow forces arm out to wave to helicopter, Ukraine soldiers shoot down enemy drones with drones of their own, Fleet-footed cop chases an offender riding a scooter, Two Russian tanks annihilated with bombs by Ukrainian armed forces, Isabel Oakeshott clashes with Nick Robinson over Hancock texts, Dozens stuck in car park as staff refuses to open gate for woman, Insane moment river of rocks falls onto Malibu Canyon in CA, Too blue - foul-mouthed Jose rants at ref Riley. Inside look into the Spurs Yid Army Arsenal and Spurs fans clash at station Tottenham fans kicking off in Rotterdam vs Feyenoord Compilation Video of Spurs Yid Army Hooligans in action Chelsea, meanwhile, had started reasonably well, but there was a feeling that they could do better. He was disconsolate afterwards. Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368. Harkins (Eccles) always seemed older, but was a natural leader..Arsenal and West Ham were fearsome , all proper blokes compared to us. California governor is slammed for LEAVING the state for 'personal travel' after declaring an emergency amid severe snowstorm - hasn't shared his schedule for weeks, Netflix subscribers can access hidden upgrade to their favourite shows - here's how to check if you are eligible, Meghan and Prince Harry 'are OK about leaving Frogmore Cottage and say "if we need to move out, we will get ourselves out"', source says, Royally hard work! In the 81st minute, Alan Hudson handballed and Martin Peters restored Spurs lead from the spot. Have something to tell us about this article? Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group, 'He's a disgusting albatross': Trump congratulates Kellyanne Conway for 'getting rid of unattractive loser' husband of 22 years - after she admitted his criticism of former president was a betrayal, Putin's foreign minister Sergei Lavrov provokes gales of laughter as he tells audience the West started Ukraine war - as Russia nears victory in battle for besieged city Bakhmut, Are YOU a romantic comedy buff? Please consider making a donation to our site. In an age when victory is all too often viewed as the be all and end all, this book celebrates the teams that were beaten by bad luck, limited resources or an outstanding set of players. Arsenal or Tottenham Hotspur if you were playing Chelsea. Police and ordinary fans again came under heavy and sustained attack from Millwall supporters near the New Den. Oh well enjoy ya free room for the evening pic.twitter.com/gXZX3jkT1b, where to guv (@dannyderleccy42) January 25, 2019. In 1973-74, Arsenal were 10th, Spurs 11th and Chelsea who had a particularly troubled season ended in 17th. Spurs returned to action following a two-week break with a 2-2 draw vs Liverpool at the weekend, while West Ham saw their match against Norwich called off. A police source said: "Clearly there was a degree of organisation. 17. Its funny what you say about Greenaway being ancient, i remember seeing him do his now immortalised Zigger Zagger in the late 80s and thinking that he was a proper little oldman, which im sure he wouldnt have taken too kindly to if id have told him so. MOTD analysis: Will Reiss Nelson's goal be defining moment in Arsenal's season? Around 2.30 the coloured guy (A) who we'd seen at Blackhorse Rd, suddenly appeared halfway up the terrace and was walking towards the centre of the North Bank. etc. Knowing what was to follow, the venue was apposite. Jesus wept is that it?? The sports leading clubs generally come from sizeable metropolitan areas. A notorious hooligan, who has been banned from every ground in the United Kingdom, was reportedly spotted at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium during their recent match against Wolves, according to a report in the Daily Mail. This service is provided on talkSPORT Ltd's Terms of Use in accordance with our Privacy Policy. Lewis Dean Austin, Thomas Kelly and. PR football hooligans have been jailed for their part in violence that saw rival fans attacked outside a west London pub. I went to Arsenal V Spurs boxing day 1979 it was a 11.00 kick off and Chelsea V Leicester in the afternoon. Arsenal did come in the Shed just before kick off at the 78/79 game but never made any attempt, just climbed over the fence at the front just before kick off and went to the other end where their pathetic away support for a team which had beaten Man Utd in the FA Cup a few days earlier. St Petersburg is the city Christopher Hitchens called "an apparent temple of civilization: the polished window between Russia and Europe the, "I never saw Eric Ravilious depressed. but there was about 35 Spurs in the Chelsea mob that day. Norwich had 12,000 fans at Chelsea in the FA Cup match 1967-68 a load of them stood at the bottom of the Shed but they where not a mob just families (although I didn't go to this match). but went down the front and climbed over as did Man Utd in '94 but there were more girls and Chinese tourists amongst them than ruckers. Hugo Lloris C. Goalkeeper. grow the fuck up!!. . They have since been released with no further action. Check out the exclusive footage from Vintage Terrace below. Hundreds of Chelsea skins wearing all the gear charged towards the Tottenham, who turned around as one and legged it back to the North end of the ground as fast as they could, with the Shed boys on their heels. THREE suedeheads sat on the London tube train at Tower Hill station chanting: Were the Tottenham, were the Tottenham, were the Tottenham, from the Lane. There I was, with a Chelsea scarf tucked into my coat, on my way to Stamford Bridge to see Chelsea play Manchester City on October 10, 1970. Went away to West Ham in 1966, first game after world cup, there were still no ''ends'', I stood on north bank, Chelsea's mob (about 100 ) stood on halfway, opp the chicken run, all terracing..They .also stood halfway at ArsenalThe ''ends'' happened quickly after that season, was at Spurs year after the cup final loss when it all kicked off behind the goal and the game briefly stopped. Spurs were the medias favourite club in London at the time, thanks to the period between 1960 and 1963 when they won the double and then followed that up with another FA Cup and a European prize. A comprehensive list of the best away fan friendly pubs near Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, for when your team play Tottenham Hotspur away. The exclusive video, filmed from a passenger on a bus passing. As part of the 4.25 billion takeover of Chelsea last May, the Todd Boehly-Clearlake Capital ownership committed to redeveloping the stadium, whether that was at Stamford Bridge [] THIS is the shocking moment a gang of footie thugs traded blows in the street after Chelsea's penalty win over Tottenham Hotspur. Then someone came up with the bright idea of throwing a tin of yellow paint over the Arsenal mob, so they'd be identifiable outside the ground - great bit of forward-thinking to bring a pot of paint into a football match! Police officers can be seen desperately trying to restore order as the braying mobs attempt to pound each other on the pavement. Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? But we were just boys really, I was 15, most of us about the same age, Greenaway seemed ancient, as did a guy called ''jesus'' who used to go. Even when he fell in love - and that was frequently - he was never submerged by disappointment. 28th May 1988. Welcome to the Coronation! Date: 06/12/1980. About a year or two later, Tottenham tried again by walking under the old East Stand and approaching the Shed across the terrace where I'd been stood in 69/70 (I was standing in the Whitewall by now). These portrait photographs of Russia's ruling Romanovs were taken in 1903 at the Winter Palace in majestic. CLAP CLAP CLAP-WHAT THE f**k-how did they get on here. 1.15, 1.30. Copyright 2022 Fan Banterwww.fanbanter.co.uk by Digital Unicorn, Tottenham confirm arrest of fan for alleged chant sung during win over Chelsea, Graham Potter reveals he and his family have received grim abuse as well as death threats, Latest Premier League TV selections confirmed for April and May, Match of the Day running order 22nd February, New study shows most watched football clubs and matches of 2019/20 season so far, The viral leaked photo Jack Grealish wont want you to see, Arsenals William Saliba goes viral with explicit leaked video, X-rated James Rodriguez WhatsApp photo goes viral, Mark Lawrensons last ever Premier League score predictions. Sailing? Rioting Tottenham Hotspur fans tear down a section of iron railings in a bid to reach the Chelsea supporters before a Division One game at London's Stamford Bridge ground. Game of the People was founded in 2012 and is ranked among the 100 best football websites by various sources. - Alexander Rodchenko, 1921, The Shop Prints, Sustainable Fashion, Cards & More, Get The Newsletter For Discounts & Exclusives, Photographs of Londons Kings Cross Before the Change c.1990, Photos of Topless Dancers and Bottomless Drinks At New York Citys Raciest Clubs c. 1977, Debbie Harry And Me Shooting The Blondie Singer in 1970s New York City, Jack Londons Extraordinary Photos of Londons East End in 1902, Photographs of The Romanovs Final Ball In Color, St Petersburg, Russia 1903, Eric Ravilious Visionary Views of England, Photographs of the Wonderful Diana Rigg (20 July 1938 10 September 2020), Photographer Updates Postcards Of 1960s Resorts Into Their Abandoned Ruins, Sex, Drugs, Jazz and Gangsters The Disreputable History of Gerrard Street in Londons Chinatown, The Brilliant Avant-Garde Movie Posters of the Soviet Union, The Original Power Station Londons Lots Road, London in 1982 Among the Sloane Rangers, New Wavers And Everyday People, This Sporting Life : Gerry Cranhams Fantastic Photographs Capture The Beauty And Drama of Sport, Newsletter Subscribers Get Shop Discounts. en a while-not been to good, never mind, still here-just recalling with me old mate A***s, we came up in three transits in 75, i was 20 yrs old, no fear, never had a hiding yet at football. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. We hardly used to turn up at West Ham. There are tales of Arsenal in the early 70's, I was there in about '72 or '73 and can remember seeing a D shaped mob in the middle. (LogOut/ Tottenham Hotspur overview page. Had a bit of success in the Anglo-Scottish pre season, seen the bravest Chelsea boy come into a pub and front up the cream of Bristol that day, never forget that as long as i live. Anyone heard tales on this..Did they used to take the piss out of spuds too. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. 78/79 Chelsea 1 tottenham 3, I always heard Spurs had never had any in the shed yet it appears they did it goes from 25 to 100 depending on who you listen to but Spurs got run out. Harry Kane's injury-time goal snatched a 2-2 draw for Tottenham at Chelsea with Thomas Tuchel and Antonio Conte shown red cards after furious clashes But Eric Dier and Lucas Moura both missed the target for the visitors as Mauricio Pochettinos side crashed out of the competition. I know west ham also used to take the northbank highbury often. Oh just remembered another storyWe played west ham at the Bridge in the mid 70s(maybe)..It was in some sort of mickey mouse cupNot many in the whole ground What i do remember is chelsea fans (50)pretending to be hammers in the shed, hoping old bill would take em to the other side and into the west ham, where i presume they fancied their chances on a reletavely small mob..The cops wernt having any of it and just made em stay put with a cordon around themHence no fun for those chaps. Chris Garland, who had opened the campaign well, won praise for his restless initiative and muscular enthusiasm in setting up the goal that was scored by Spurs defender Phil Beal. Cops can be seen desperately trying to restore order as the braying mobs converge to batter each other on the pavement. United used to take the whole end by getting in really early and sheer numbers, we used to have to stand under the old north stand. Fans were caught on camera trading punches as police officers tried to step in and stop the violence. Skip to main . 1974-75: Phillips, Locke, Sparrow, Britton, Droy, Harris, Hay, Wilkins, Maybank, Hutchinson, Cooke. New series of Peaky Blinders looks a bit shit. oh no o o o.or similar, i certainly remember everyone being with millwall in the 70s and decimating white hart lane..i confess a brave but small group of greek spuds tried and failed to take their park lane back.an awesome night that one. The Hammers boys came in with bats and wearing long coats - bit like Jesse James cowboys. 5 January 2022 League Cup 1636. Manchester United were banned from playing at home for the first two games of the season following hooliganism at Old Trafford the previous season.Date: 20/08/1971, League Division One Manchester United v Arsenal Anfield, LiverpoolManchester Uniteds Denis Law waits patiently as a Policeman grabs a youth by his ear and leads him off the pitch. ginger bob millwall hooligans top boy You might think that the infamous football hooliganism of the 1980s was all mindless violence, but out of the fray emerged a new breed of . As I say I was never a hooligan but just a small snotty nosed 15 year old..it was all very lively in the 70s . De Londenaren verslikten zich woensdag in Sheffield United : 1-0. RM EW5MCE - Chelsea 1 -0 Middlesbrough, 1988 Football League Second Division play-off Final, held at Stamford Bridge. occer - Football League Division Two - West Ham United v Chelsea. Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur) header from very close range to the bottom left corner. I was in the old East Stand enclosure with my Dad, there was a skirmish but the few Chelsea still in the Shed put up a bit of a fight. Chelsea had lost just once in 14 games, but the press felt that they were carrying a fair bit of luck. Fans invade the pitch during Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur in 1975 Read about Chelsea v Spurs in the Premier League 2021/22 season, including lineups, stats and live blogs, on the official website of the Premier League. The order meant that he was banned from entering any town or city in which either Wolves or any other English football teams were playing three hours before and after the match. At approximately 19:30hrs, four men were arrested on suspicion of affray. you look back now and it was nothing, but it was a dare if you like, none of us got hurt and yet we felt ten feet tall!Mike, Peckham, you still out there, hows things, long time. RB: Nelson Semedo - 6/10 - Found it rather easy to nullify Son. Spurs beat Chelsea 2-1, sending Chelsea down, with the winning goal scored by former Chelsea player Percy Humphreys. It was home fans only today .. didnt realise they were spurs till it was too late .they were hanging around out side .I rang the police before it started it took 20 mins for them to respondwe will be wiser next timethey picked the pub as its a soft touch as no police presence. March 29, 2012 in Chelsea FC Vintage. Assisted by Ivan Perisic with a cross following a corner. Keep up to date with all the latest Tottenham news and opinion by following SpursWebs Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. If you want to pinpoint the start of the foreign influx of players, it really started with Keith Burkinshaws ambitious move. Spurs, naturally, hate their North London rivals, Arsenal, but in the 1960s and early 1970s, Chelsea liked to get one over on Bill Nicholson's team. The skies were positively Wagnerian and the pitch energy sapping. These guys had not turned up with sticks and bats to play a game of hockey or baseball. The main WHU came in around 2.15 we where on top of the stairs singing and they where coming in the turnstiles and where gathering up at the bottom and why the Shed didn't go down and steam them why they where coming in I don't know (we did when Spurs attempted to come in the following season 1-3 at home). They were always well organised, and very hard to dislodge once in the middle of the Shed. Police and British football hooligans - 1970 to 1980. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. I can still remember about ten pissed-up Rangers fans in front of the Shed at Ron Harris' Testimonial in 1971. That campaign was arguably the greatest in London footballs history Arsenal won the double, Chelsea the European Cup-Winners Cup, Spurs the Football League Cup, and oh yes, Fulham won promotion from the third division. It looked grim for Chelsea as Martin Chivers levelled the aggregate scores before the interval. In the sixties both liverpool and everton used to stand in the shed next to us with a couple of old bill in between. Tottenham 1970-71: Jennings, Kinnear, Knowles, Mullery, England, Beal, Gilzean, Perryman, Chivers, Peters, Neighbour By Average crowds at Londons top clubs 1970-1975. League Division One Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool Loftus RoadPolice break up a scuffle in a crowded Loftus Road in London, where QPR were playing Liverpool. Spurs, dripping mud and chasing almost to breaking point in the second half, snatched victory from Chelsea with the determination and luck that marks champions. Spurs scored twice in added time, through Alan Mullery and Jimmy Pearce.