I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting! This information comes from an online calculator. But the use of fruits in every dessert never gets old. To All the Moms who Struggle with Dinnertime. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. You can also follow along onInstagram,Pinterest, andFacebookfor more recipe updates. Mix milk, water, vanilla, and eggs, and pour over bread cubes. In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs, and cinnamon. Sprinkle on raisins then cover with remaining bread cubes. Beat the condensed milk, water, vanilla extract and eggs in a large bowl with a fork or whisk. Place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 40 minutes on manual pressure cook. (I used a 6 quart slow cooker.) Whisk in the cinnamon and nutmeg until well combined. Pour warm water over the can of caramel until it is submerged. Slow-Cooker Bread Pudding Recipe - BettyCrocker.com . Step 3. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Required fields are marked *. I love being able to use things we already have to turn them into delicious recipes like this one. If you have any feedback, tips, or anything else that you would like to share, then please dont hesitate to leave a comment below. If you liked this slow cooker bread pudding you might enjoy my Air Fryer Bread Pudding or some of these other easy desserts. Whenever youre feeling a bit hungry, just reheat in the microwave for a delicious quick & easy breakfast or dessert. Add the condensed milk, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt and whisk together. Last, transfer bread mixture into slow cooker and reduce heat to low. slow cooker, combine bread and apples. After 4 hours add cream and stir. (coconut kheer) (rice) (kachche nariyal) We love simple recipes like this. put orange sauce in saucepan. Let stand 10 minutes. 1 week ago bettycrocker.com Show details . Turn on your instant pot and add milk in the inner pot. Older bread tends to work best as it will absorb the egg mixture a lot faster, leaving you with a much better tasting bread pudding. Step 3. Drizzle caramel sauce over top of the ice cream or whipped topping before serving. Tear the bread into small pieces and place the bread pieces into the casserole dish. In a large microwave-safe measuring bowl, place the 8 ounces of cream cheese. If serving bread pudding for breakfast, top it with your favorite fruit and maple syrup. Required fields are marked *. Spray 5-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray. Yes! Combine all ingredients except vanilla in a small saucepan. Pour into an oven-safe casserole dish that will fit into your slow cooker. Pour over bread, making sure each bread chunk is soaking up the mixture. Stir until all of the bread pieces are completely coated with butter cinnamon milk mixture. On the day before, mix the custard mixture, add the bread, and pour everything into the greased casserole dish. If it comes out clean the bread pudding is done.You can also check the internal temperature using an instant-read thermometer. Then pour the blended eggs into the milk mixture and blend again. Add in brown sugar and dates and stir. Combine bread with egg and milk mixture and stir until bread is well coated. You can also freeze this dish, but its probably not going to be as lovely as it was fresh. For a perfectly baked bread pudding, you must give it at least 40 minutes. Large Eggs: Eggs add richness and structure to the bread pudding helping to hold it all together. Just be very careful not to overheat and dry out the bread pudding. Once I discovered I could make Crock Pot bread pudding recipe, this recipe became even easier. Pour over bread cubes. I would do half brown sugar and half white sugar, so 1/8 of a cup of each. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and add 50 grams of the sugar, beating continuously. Put the casserole dish on top of that. For bread pudding with evaporated milk and condensed milk, simply replace the hot water with 1 1/2 cups of evaporated milk. Allowing the bread to sit for a while ensures that it can soak up all liquids properly. The sweetened condensed milk bread pudding recipe is one of those simple desserts you can prep ahead of time, and then finish off when youre ready to serve. Add the bread cubes to the crock pot. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the bread pudding has set. Use what your family likes! You can use any kind of milk in the bread pudding recipe but make sure it gives a good flavor and even fresh milk can be used instead of canned milk. Slow Cooker Apples, Honey, and Challah Bread Pudding from Fit Slow Cooker Queen sounds amazing! 1 Make the bread pudding: Preheat the oven to 325. Add bread cubes, apples and raisins to slow cooker. Second, give the bread pudding enough time to soak up the custard. Try other types of bread- french bread, Italian, croissants. Whisk together the cream, milk, sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, whole eggs and yolks in a large bowl. Whisk milk, eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and nutmeg together in a bowl; pour over bread and raisins. Toss again to make sure custard is evenly distributed. Bread pudding is one of those classic and delicious recipes that reminds you of family dinners at Grandmas and makes the entire house smell amazing. Learn more. Toss again to make sure custard is evenly distributed. Toss to evenly coat. Thanks and keep visiting the site for new more delicious recipes. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It's so moist and rich and a vanilla sauce drizzled on top gives it extra sweetness. Beat until well mixed. Add this mixture to the bread and milk mixture in the slow cooker. Each bite is the best comfort food and so creamy and delicious. crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze, 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning, Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole Recipe, Easy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe, Easy Crock Pot Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Casserole Recipe, Crockpot Shredded Beef Enchilada Casserole. Whisk until the condensed milk has dissolved into the water, and everything is well incorporated. Although raspberriesandkohlrabi.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates. 4 tablespoons melted butter plus more for buttering the baking dish. Remove from heat; stir in butter until melted. Its the perfect blend of sweet and savory to start the day. Step 2. Place cubed bread in large mixing bowl, set aside. Instructions. I also really like thiscrockpotas well. Whisk milk, eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and nutmeg together in a bowl; pour over bread and raisins. To avoid a soggy texture, store the bread pudding and sauce separately. 50 gram melted butter. Slow Cooker Recipes That Don't Take Much Effort, Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar. Crock Pot Tres Leches Bread Pudding is just the dessert for Cinco de Mayo. In a medium saucepan or pot, combine the rice, water, milk, cream, butter, and salt. First, mix arborio rice, salt, milk, and either water or coconut milk. Allow the bread pudding to cool to room temperature. In a large mixing bowl, whip together the cream cheese with the evaporated milk using a handheld electric mixer until fully combined and smooth. 1 tin condensed milk. Spray the bowl witch oil to stop it from sticking and add some grease proof paper. Place bread and raisins in slow cooker. Now, it is time to pour the milk and egg mixture over the bread cubes. Whisk together eggs, pumpkin, half-n-half, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. The dish tastes like you have spent a lot of time putting it together when it could not be simpler to make and really only takes minutes! Stir well to combine both of these ingredients really well. Preheat oven to 325F. The mixture will take almost half an hour to get settled. Bread: You can use just about any bread you want to use to make bread pudding. This Pressure Cooker Cinnamon and Raisin Bread Pudding from Pressure Cooking Today is a rich and tasty dessert, and there's a caramel pecan sauce to go . Wrapping protects the bread against freezer burn and drying out. Chunks of apples will also work pretty well in this pudding. Spray crock with nonstick spray. OPYRIGHT 2023. Place bread and raisins in slow cooker. Push down on bread with a wooden spoon so the bread on top soaks up the liquid. Steps: Remove the packaging from a can of condensed milk and place into the instant pot inner pot. This dish is incredibly easy and is a great way to use up some old bread. Cover the slow cooker and bake on low for 2 to 3 hours, or until the pudding is set. The most important thing to remember is the bread should be stale to better soak up the custard mixture. Homemade recipes for everything from soups and appetizers to main dishes and desserts that use simple common ingredients. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I'll try all of these they sound so yummy my husband loves bread pudding so I'll try that first thank you so much. Add the bread cubes to a baking sheet and bake until beginning to dry and harden, about 20 minutes. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through toasting. Hi, Im Carrie. Beat the condensed milk, water, vanilla extract and eggs in a large bowl with a fork or whisk. Make the vanilla glaze. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, heavy cream, brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and nutmeg. White, brown, or maple sugar can be used. To reheat individual servings place on a microwave-safe plate and heat in 30-second increments on high until heated through. Pour into an oven-safe casserole dish that will fit into your slow cooker. Lets take a moment to talk about those. Slice the bread pudding into individual portions. Since condensed milk is sweetened, it also allows you to cut back on sugar. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Make the vanilla glaze. Instructions. Gather the ingredients. Next, cut a brioche loaf into 1-inch cubes. Place the croissants on a cutting board, or mat, and cut into 1 inch cubes. Place cubed bread in large mixing bowl, set aside. 1 week ago allrecipes.com Show details . Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or until the pudding is set. You may need to reduce the baking time if using smaller pans. "}}]}, Your email address will not be published. Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours, or on LOW for 4-5. Adding just enough to make the glaze the consistency you want. Bring it to a gentle boil, then cover the pot, reduce it to low, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring twice during this stage. Make sauce. Preheat oven to 350. Together we are going to cook real food for real families. Its delicious on its own but even better with ice cream and maple syrup. Place the apple slices in a large bowl, and sprinkle with the granulated sugar, and stir. It is so easy and simple thanks to the slow cooker and you will love making it this way. The best part about this cake is that it's made with simple ingredients like cooking oil, sugar, condensed milk, and cocoa powder. Add the milk gradually, adding just enough until the glaze reaches your desired consistency. Be sure to let us know if there is anything that you highly recommend having with this pudding. Yum! The video will take you through everything that you need to do in a short and snappy manner. Pour the milk mixture over the bread pieces. Be sure to get the sides too. Whisk the sugar in the cream and then spread at the top of the pudding. Place bread and raisins in a slow cooker. Place the bread pieces into the cooker. In a large bowl whisk the eggs. Go ahead and get familiar with the tricks and tips below. Instructions. So, I opted to use only condensed milk and water for the liquid portion of the recipe. 1 week ago allrecipes.com Show details . Try one of these other delicious fall bakes: Apple Pecan Scones, Fresh Apple Cake, or Sourdough Apple Muffins. No, it is not necessary to use condensed milk. Whisk the sugar in the cream and then spread at the top of the pudding. You can add 1 cup of raisins, or even 1 cup of nuts would be good in this recipe. Pour over bread cubes. Place bread and raisins in slow cooker. 4. Step #2: Add apples, sugar, dates and pecans to the slow cooker and stir. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes. WE ARE PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AND WE GET A COMMISSION ON PURCHASES MADE THROUGH OUR LINKS. Advertisement. Slow cook on high for just under 2 hours with a tea towel under the lid. This really is the Best Slow Cooker Bread Pudding. Add sugar to the bowl and then stir it to get it dissolved into the condensed milk mixture. I hope that you enjoy this delicious slow cooker bread pudding recipe. Add one cinnamon stick if desired. Press the bread down until it is fully submerged in the custard. Put the pan into the oven which is preheated and bake for more than half an hour. The French toast is similar to this pudding, but you will find it to be less sweet and have more of a creamy egg taste to it. Whisk milk, eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and nutmeg together in a bowl; pour over bread and raisins. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Cook for an additional 15-30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Your email address will not be published. Follow these easy steps: Warming in the oven is the best way to reheat condensed milk bread pudding. Add the milk, cream and mixed spice and stir well. The baking time is usually 30 to 40 minutes. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients. 2022 Country Hill Cottage Ltd. All Rights Reserved. When the slow cooker is really hot, place 1 1/2 Tablespoons of butter in the bottom of the slow cooker. If you love this recipe or looking for similar dishes, then you should check out the French toast cooked in the slow cooker. In a bowl, beat together the brown sugar, eggs, and butter. Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. You can easily feed a group or large family on a budget with recipes like this. Mickey Cinnamon Rolls for St. Patricks Day, Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars for St. Patricks Day, Instant Pot St. Patricks Day Hot Cocoa Bombs, Free Printable St. Patricks Day Bingo Game, Over 100 Tasty Finger Foods & Easy Appetizers, 50 Great Book Club Questions for a Meaningful Discussion. Cube the bread and put in a large mixing bowl. Country Hill Cottage Ltd. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Save that money for a family vacation or maybe just some wiggle room in the budget. Add the ground cinnamon to it. Use the electric beater for better results. 3 oz Butter. I also like to usecrock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. Bring a fruit cocktail or chopped fruits of your choice and spread them over your pudding. Another favorite is thisprogrammable crock potfor when I am am not at home all day. Whisk in 1 cup/240 milliliters heavy cream, cup/180 milliliters condensed milk, the whole milk, evaporated milk, vanilla and salt. Customize the bread pudding by adding your favorite mix-ins. You can drizzle yummy sauces over the pudding. Desserts have been my comfort food for so long now. Steps: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch round baking dish (3-quart) with the butter. 3. ","acceptedAnswer":{"@type":"Answer","text":"No, it is not necessary to use condensed milk. Put the cubed bread into a greased Crock Pot (3.5 - 4-quart size or 6-quart size) along with cinnamon chips and chopped pecans. 3 days ago bettycrocker.com Show details . To Reheat: Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 300-degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 to 20 minutes. 1. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. In fact, stale bread will work the best as it absorbs the egg mixture much better than fresh bread. Toss to evenly coat. Leave a comment and rate it below! Before serving you can coat it with butter and then serve the slices after pouring the whipped cream at the top. Brown Sugar: You can easily substitute white granulated sugar for brown sugar but I think using brown sugar adds a nice caramel flavor. You can enjoy it both ways! over medium heat cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Instructions. To prepare the batter for making the pudding all the liquid ingredients are combined in a mixing bowl first. I love the recipe because you can prep everything the night before. The next day all you have to do is pop the bread pudding in the oven and bake. Give it a gentle stir. Cut the jumbo pumpkin muffins into 1 inch cubes also, and add both to the slow cooker, tossing with your hands to blend. I couldn't find one. In medium bowl, beat milk, eggs, sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and salt with whisk; pour over bread and raisins. Sorry, we no longer support account login or newsletter sign-up. Bread pudding is basically a baked french toast casserole. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker. Cover loosely; let stand for 1 hour. Place bread and raisins in a slow cooker. Instructions. Preheat oven to 325 F. Butter an 11 x 7-inch baking dish or a shallow 1 1/2-quart casserole. Step 3. Wash and peel the apples, and slice in about 1/4 inch thick slices. You dont want the sugar melted butter to be lumpy. Place bread and raisins in a slow cooker. The information above is an estimate generated by an online nutrition calculator. Put the casserole dish on top of that. pour over bread evenly, bake 40 minutes. ","acceptedAnswer":{"@type":"Answer","text":"For topping the bread pudding, pour the whipped cream into a bowl and some sugar in it. WONDERMOM WANNABE. Your email address will not be published. Bread pudding is an absolute classic and originated from British cuisine. Pour in the milk mixture, stir slightly to help ensure that the bread is well coated. Add the sugar and mix until dissolved.