If I'm interested in seeing some overtaking and a bit more of the cars, is there any grandstand you'd recommend? Best Regards Paul. Becketts is a great corner to enjoy the Grand Prix too! Food. Hi Lee, Im sorry Im not aware of any larger seats, it might be worth checking with Silverstone direct. These will come with a small cost. If youre specifically looking for uncovered seating Id recommend Vale that looks on to Club Corner. This is the biggest and most popular general admission spectating area. See our article on Silverstone entrance gates for details of which ones let fast track ticket holders in. Yes shouldnt be a problem looking at Silverstone FAQs but dont take any glass bottles. Many seats at Woodcote will offer a brilliant view of the Wellington Straight (Woodcote A) and all the action taking place along there. THURSDAY PIT WALK https://www.enterf1.com/british-grand-prix/where-to-sit-at-silverstone/woodcote, hi, whats your opinion on stowe A and B in comparison to woodcote i cant decide between the three where to buy tickets for my husband and his father who would love to see overtaking. I would enter via Becketts and walk clockwise round the circuit to Club. Wheelchair Accessible Viewing | Silverstone Access all areas We've taken care of everything Home Visit & Stay Accessibility Wheelchair Accessible Viewing STAY CONNECTED We will keep you updated on the latest news, event details and offers from Silverstone. What would you suggest is best for the action? Thank you X. Hi Charlotte, Both are good spots. Having checked the websites, I note that the tickets vary in prices. General Admission section row seat Hackey Silverstone Circuit 2013 British Grand Prix turn: Abbey General Admission section row seat Hackey Silverstone Circuit 2013 British Grand Prix turn: Finish Line Very busy, not recommended. Lots of threads about this already. WOB/WDB1/D/0011 I cant wait for this years Grand Prix. Prices for Sunday General Admission are 155 and the cheapest Grandstand tickets are 205. But dont bring a four-wheel carry trolley for your food / drink these are on the prohibited items list (see below). There is no dress code for general admission, general admission plus or grandstand seat ticket holders at the British Grand Prix at Silverstone. looking forward to a great weekend!!!! Its a much smaller GA area, in front of the middle of the three grandstands only. The atmosphere and all the fans is just brilliant. Budget (<500): The General Admission areas at Silverstone are very good these days, offering lots of excellent vantage points around the circuit, as well as roving access to most of the grandstands on Friday. The cheapest package for the three-day race weekend was general admission (GA), priced at 279. Hiya, I have purchased tickets for the British GP weekend G/A, ( my 1st ) camping at Woodlands and was wondering on the best vantage points for the Sunday in your opinion and any screen views available in said areas. Hi Anthony, Please take a look at our Where to Sit Guide for Abbey. It certainly is a great place to watch from Leighton! You would get a reserved seat in Becketts for all 3 days, an event programme and other souvenirs, and access to a private marquee where you can mingle and purchase food and beverages. If you buy through the F1 ticket re-sellers on our site its best to request the block at time of booking. GP3 qualifying is at 8:45 and F1 FP3 is 10:00 aim for one of those, and relax the rest of the day, hopefully in the sunshine. You can to take your own food and drink in to Silverstone. About. Hi Diana! See our posts on Becketts and Chapel corners for more info on where to sit, stand and spectate from. Food you are allowed to bring your own food in to Silverstone. That will give you an idea of some of the best spots. You wont have a reserved grandstand seat, instead it will be first-come first-served in the stands you have access to. Dont expect to be able to chat to your friends without shouting if sitting here! It is the experience, atmosphere and the buzz I really would like to get. Last year I had general admission and I was at the Farm Curve, and in 2011 I think i was at Stowe Corner. Hi was wondering which has the best view of the TV screen woodcote A or B?? They have booked us in Stowe A- what's the actual view like from there? If you were just buying a Sunday general admission ticket where would you suggest you sit? Hi John, Its about precision and definitely about bravery! my budget is max 275 where do you think would be best I was considering farm curve and club A but I am unsure if they are any good at all for overtaking never mind better. Hope you can help me to make up my mind. Being row O this of course means you are in the 15th row back. Gary. Enjoy your weekend and happy birthday! Hi Pete, 3 day General admission tickets give you roving access on a Friday to certain Grandstand but not on Saturday. The Silverstone general admission tips on this page are also applicable to MotoGP general admission ticket holders. Hi Mark, Have you had a look at our Where to Sit Guide? The second apex is much tighter than the first. Hi Simon. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. INSURANCE, EDUCATIONAL ADMISSION, SCHOLARHSIPS, OR FELLOWSHIPS, HOUSING, TENANCY, BENEFITS, PRIVILEGES OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY ANY BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT. Normal size backpacks are fine, and very much recommended to help carry around the rest of the gear you need to bring. . February 27, 2023 alexandra bonefas scott No Comments . Also is it possible to stand on General admin ticket at Club? Youll have to be up early mind to secure one of the best spots. Hi Jo. tins or plastic bottles of drinks (even alcohol) but no glass. And times we should be at the track? I can tell you first hand that this is an excellent area to sit.A seat in Stowe A, B or C gives you a perfect view of the end of a DRS zone, so crashes and overtaking are guaranteed. If youre looking for some inspiration on where to sit at Silverstone, then youve come to the right place! Hi I am thinking of seeing my first ever British grand prix in 2017. General admission tickets can be over 50% cheaper for a 3-day pass than some of the grandstands at Silverstone, so its likely youll save yourself a heap of money. Thanks Simon! Hi Simon: Wife does not walk well. 8.30am - 5.30pm: Australian CST. In 2007 we had General Admission tickets and watched from Club which was brilliant! Your email address will not be published. Enjoy! Any other suggestions you have would be great! Youll be given an allocated seat for Sunday and roving for Saturday. Yes roaming is great for practices & qualifying. I have no idea what im doing seat and stand wise, but im hoping for an early bird at club corner. I was at Silverstone a couple of weeks ago for a club event and set in the Club grandstand. The F1 Village used to be located behind Woodcote, but is now located on the track itself on the now disused Bridge corner. The park and ride says no tickets available. Youll get adea of your preferred spot from Saturday but id certainly recommend the areas you mentioned. Hi Sally, If you have the budget Id recommend booking a Grandstand as you are guaranteed a seat in your chosen location. In some ways its a frustrating corner for F1 drivers as it is low speed and is all about a clean exit onto the >National Pit Straight. Hello I am very excited to be going to my first F1 a week today. Would you put Vale as the best GA spot? https://www.enterf1.com/british-grand-prix/tickets. your camping reservation (if at silverstone woodlands campsite) is valid from wednesday to following monday so you can turn up any time from wednesday onwards. Whilst a standard general admission ticket doesn't give you access to any grandstands or exclusive enclosures, it does mean you are free to walk around the outside of the whole circuit and find your favourite viewing spot. Please let us know if youd like more information. Hello, its my first time at silverstone and was just wondering a few things. The camp site has its own paths to the circuit, but you need to make your way to Club Corner gates 15 and 16 for entry to the pit walk. Are you only going for the race day or whole weekend? Can you offer me any advise on this please. Or, the next option for just 20 each more we could get the option of either Copse A, B or C, or Stowe A, B or C, with Silver tickets. -EST. Our article on spectating at Stowe corner has a lot more info. If you would stay in a place like Weedon, what is the best recommendation for getting to the track on race day. Club has a great view of the last section of the circuit, entry to the pits and the start of the finish line. Do people tend to stay in one place or move around in the day? If your bag gets searched on the way in and they find 8 litres of Vodka in there, you may well get some of it taken off you. See our article on Vale corner viewing for more info on the view, TV screens and spectating at this spot. Bring a cool box as well again the 20 litre limit applies to this. Budget isnt an issue I would just really appreciate some advice on where to start !? Sorry me again. hi ive been to a couple of grand prix venues both monza once and spa 3 times all 4 of those were general admission and the view were great can see my photos on my flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/52959851@N06/albums . Or would Block 2 B0465 be better for seeing the corner, podium and the pit. many thanks, Hi Is it worth the extra cost for the stand? I promise no more!!! Where is the best place to see A) the cars at relatively slow speed B) some overtaking. Hi Simon, thank you so much for your reply! Many fans have been year after year and make a charge for the best spots as soon as the gates open. My personal choice would be Farm Corner as it has a great view of the start. Youll see the cars head down the national pits straight as well, getting to see the high, and low-speed potential of the cars. No glass bottles or containers are allowed on site, so make sure everything is in plastic containers or tins. Is these better than booking national pits straight? If on the Sunday you plan to get there for 9am or 10am youll be hard pushed to find a half decent spot, plus youll have missed some of the support race action. Silverstone Tourism Silverstone Hotels Silverstone Bed and Breakfast Silverstone Vacation Packages . Its been so informative reading all the advice & comments on here. Being the International Pits Straight though youll have a great view into the pit lane! Please contact us if you would like to use our content. Some of the most popular general admission spots are outlined below but take time to explore the circuit and find your own favourite spots. Lucky man indeed. You are going to get some serious speed through that section! For safety reasons there is no luggage storage at Silverstone, at the F1 or any other events for general admission ticket holders. If I buy General Admission tickets is there a specific place I can sit or is it standing room only? My plan is to use friday and sat as a roaming reccy of the track and find a spot for sunday then get there early on race day. Includes access to general admission viewing areas, entertainment zones and concerts Sunday - Grandstands Circuit map Allocated grandstand seat on Sunday Access to general admission viewing areas, entertainment zones and concerts included Child price applicable on selected grandstands / under 2s go free STAY CONNECTED Thanks for the feedback. Marta. My wife has booked us some tickets to go to this years race. I'm just wondering where's the best view ideally to watch the racing.. we're going to head to hangar straight and becketts.. but expecting it to be very busy. Block 1 is normally booked up first as for the best row I personally prefer to be near the front but its all pretty good from here! #F1 #bahrainGP, I hate watching FP3 in Bahrain knowing that it doesn't matter. The MAX I can pay is 250 PP for the Sunday ( and maybe Saturday) Is the seating allocated or do you just turn up and take any that are free? Thank you, my son is 18 and can not wait. Thanks I was just wondering if you know roughly when tickets for the race will go on sale, and the best time to jump in and book them. Off the top of my head I can remember seeing a dedicated area for disabled fans towards the front of one of the Luffield stands. Did 2013 @ Farm Curve, were sat up top. View, size of crowd, access to amenities, large screen etc. This has been really helpful to capture different perspectives thank you. I managed to find the following reviews on Trip Advisor, I hope this helps. In the current circuit configuration, it is the last corner before the start/finish line. Back to the seating, is worth the extra money for the covered granstands and if so where? They said: The pricing scheme for the 2023 British GP at @SilverstoneUK seems completely wrong for F1 fans. We cover F1, F2, W-Series and more. The ultimate in hospitality at the Silverstone Circuit. Great to hear you are coming to the British Grand Prix this year. Since Im planning to arrive early on Sunday food is mandatory. This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula 1 companies. #F1 #bahrainGP. 9,296, The fastest growing F1 community for fans! You can add a comment when making a booking requesting a particular area but unfortunately theres no guarantee you will get your requested seats. Hi Paul, 2 Adult 2 Children Woodcote Grandstand seats Sat here you can expect to see the cars lining up on the grid, all the build-up and youll get an excellent view of the Red Arrows display and flypast before the race starts. Thanks. 3) What time do i need to reach the circuit to get a better seat and view? Smoking and vaping is allowed in the open general admission areas at Silverstone. It's great fun but tiring. An uncovered grandstand giving an excellent view . Bottas fan! There are also food and drink outlets directly behind this grandstand, but you are welcome to bring food and drink into the circuit as well. I seem to remember that on practice and Qualy days there were some limited grandstands open to GA ticket holders? Fans are allowed to bring picnic rugs and small camping chairs into General Admission areas. The great news is that, apart from the T1, Village B Enclosure, and Club Silverstone, General Admission ticket holders have roaming access to all the grandstands for Friday P1 and P2 sessions. We have seats Woodcote A 0147 & 0148. I am disabled and my hubby looks after me and our twins so I wanted it to be perfect He is a huge Valentino Rossi Fan and I did not have time to research also I was doing a charity event at midday yesterday so I had to buy tickets on my phone and I am now worried I have got wrong tickets. To get the best views Id recommend going on a Saturday too and check out some of the viewing spots. Your tickets include covered Grandstand, numbered seating and entry to an exclusive catering area. General Admission areas stretch all the way around the track. For 1500 for Sunday only you have a pretty good choice to choose the tickets of your choice, only excluding VIP packages. Can I see any of Stowe and the vale chicane? I live in London, I guess it takes around 1.5 hrs by car and around 3 hrs by public transport. We will have a great time ;), staying on Woodlands campsite! Weve taken into account the best place for overtaking, likely place for spins and crashes, the best atmosphere and proximity to the facilities. No dogs, animals or other pets are allowed in to the circuit on in the car park at Silverstone. So depending on your seats you should have some great views of the in race action. This is rather expensive as we are also looking at tickets for the 3 days at the international straight Pits, that comes to 2,450. You can see the cars go through Maggots and then into Becketts and then onto the Hanger Straight from the Becketts stand. GENERAL ADMISSION. They all provide secure online payments, multi currency and a choice of general admission, grandstand seating and hospitality packages. Also do you know whether you can see the TV screen from Farm block 2? Its positioned between Stowe corner and Club (which Id the last corner). He is a lucky man but Im also secretly very excited about it aswell!!! Ive never been to f1 race (so far watched only in TV) and this will be my first time. Enjoy luxury catering and entertainment while soaking up the adrenaline-fuelled atmosphere. At the end of the Hamilton Straight lies Abbey. But let me know if you need more help and an idea of your budget would be good. It IS expensive at Silverstone for everything!! Cheers Mazo46. Ideally a foldable, comfortable camping chair is perfect. 1) Where do I get the best view in the General Admission ticket category? Its my first time but not his . I would much appreciate your help/advice. Silverstone. all in all Silverstone is just an awesome track to be at during a Grand Prix. You can see the cars entering the complex from the end of the new arena section then back out via woodcote to the national straight. Great to hear youve booked last minute, proof its never too late! CCN/CC3/E/0403 Got to do the pit walk on the Thursday and ran on the track on sunday and got some incredible pictures and a couple pieces of broken front wing We waited outside Lewis Hamiltons garage afterwards and got some brilliant pictures of Lewis on the fence and the highlight was seeing that redbull back on the podium! Farm Curve is good for the start and with the changes planned for 2017 both should be good from an overtaking point of view. I wouldnt rule out Vale either. so may have an improved view anyway. There will be numerous bars dotted around throughout the circuit which will be selling alcohol as well. coming to F1 for the first time this year and have booked tickets for Copse A for the full weekend can you tell me if this is a good choice for viewing and can we move around any other areas for any of the days. Just to also this is a great site and very informative! You will see the action into Vale corner, the entrance to the pits and the podium so its a great spot to sit. Hi I have received my tickets for the MotoGP 2015 race in August, I am sitting at Club Corner seat C 0251, could you tell if the letters run from top to bottom, or bottom to top as would like to know where about we will be siting, and is the stand just before the international pit straight or in front of it. Dont rush to leave the circuit as soon as the race finishes. Youll get a brilliant view of cars flying down the Wellington Straight, the end of which is partial to a few braking zone crashes. Im the same, taking my son to his first GP and my first time at Silverstone. Thanks. Thank you Shame we wont be able to do the walk round on Thursday as got a two year old staying with family for two nights so didnt want to push my luck with 3 nights away!! Hi Read those for much more detail on the best ways to get to the circuit. The turn in speed can be over 280 km/h and is mind blowing to watch! 1) Vale is the biggest General Admission area and is close to Club corner, the final corner, which is perfect for qualifying as drivers push at the end of the lap for pole position. Thanks a lot for your help. After having a good chat with the lady on the phone, I opted for becketts and have managed to get second row seats which Im quite chuffed about as I too wanted to be nearer the front. Both of these websites have limited availability but are the best for British GP tickets: https://www.bookf1.com/f1-britain/tickets.htm?afid=7&custom=comments, http://www.gootickets.com/EF1/en/formula-1/silverstone/. Thanks Simon. Totally agree with your choice in stands you may have to pay a little more though. GA Tickets, camping, food, a program and a team shirt or cap if im feeling flush. You often see drivers running incredibly wide through this turn as they find the absolute limit of grip. Silverstone. Some of the best General Admission viewing areas at Silverstone include the International Pits Straight (with a view of the start/finish line), Stowe, Luffield, Beckets, Vale and Copse Corner. A 6-pack of beer, however, will be fine. In 2022, on the Friday and Saturday of the race weekend the entrance gates were open to spectators at 7.30am. Hope this helps and please keep in touch wed love to hear from you on the day. Its the first time of going & I want to get it right without completely breaking the bank, so am thinking of booking Bronze tickets. Hi, like many others Im looking to get tickets as a Christmas present for my husband and have no idea where to begin!