Deborah, Deb is adding InstantPot directions to some older recipes little by little. This is a perfect easy dinner. Assemble the ingredients. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Also, the lemon juice really brings the whole thing together. Reduced heat to 435: everything browned perfectly. Place rinsed and dried potatoes in large mixing bowl. Instructions. My kids are the same with arugula! Stir. Most of the time he eats it straight from the jar. Everyone loved it and the best part is that you can enjoy appetizers and a glass of wine with friends while its cooking away in the oven. So many of your recipes are now family favorites. PS: your daughter has beautiful hair. That sounds so good and so simple. It was amazing! So simple and delicious and satisfying. Place a heaping pile of potatoes on a plate and top it with a few of the sausages. Will do this some moreand maybe add some torn bread to toast alongside the goods. I was thinking that was probably the case, but better to make sure when it comes to raw meat. Any vegetarian substitutes for the sausage? Cut turnips and carrots into relatively same-size pieces, about 1 inch in size. But it was easy and tasty and the 4yo acquiesced to eating arugula since it meant getting sausage so I will probably be making it again. And maybe some that you have mentioned recently, that I will repeat, because they are that good: butternut ricotta toasts, cauliflower cheese, lime feta mint crunchy salad, mushrooms and greens with toast, scalloped tomatoes. Remove the pan from the oven and carefully toss the vegetables and sausage in the cooking juices. Sheet Pan Sausage, Sweet Potatoes, and Green Beans Recipe This easy sheet pan dinner with chicken sausage, sweet potatoes, and green beans comes together in no time for a perfect weeknight meal. But I will be gone quite a bit for an exciting purpose! Thanks for a tasty and easy-to-throw-together recipe! Seasoning with salt and pepper. I just wasnt sure if vegetarian sausages would roast in the oven. its better than I ever thought. Do they burn otherwise? ), and now I also feel like I know how to make just the potatoes and shallots for a side dish in the future. Country style sausage is a pork sausage that's smoked and often eaten for breakfast. I wait until the last 15 min to add it, sliced. (According to authorities in Sweden.) This is one of my weekly staples- love this combo. Or is that just evil? Place the baking sheet in the oven for 20 minutes. My name is Christine Rooney. Sheet pan meals are perfect for busy weeknight suppers! In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic and Old Bay seasoning. What a simple, brilliant idea. Dice the sweet potatoes into small 1/2'' cubes. Drizzle with olive oil, rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper. Im loving sheet pan dinnerssuch easy clean up, and a good way to warm up my house (Melissa Clarks Spicy Roast Chicken with potatoes and arugula is a recent favorite.). Worked really well with plain English not Italian sausage. Thanks again for another winner. I made this with andouille sausage! This was superb, thank you! Sheet pan meals like this are the best. But also some Black Bean Soup: I updated one of my favorite vegetarian (vegan without the crema finish) soups in the archives last week with (drumroll) InstantPot directions (in addition to the existing stovetop and slow-cooker ones). Start by heating the oven to 400 degrees. Ive made this three times in the last two weeks. So good. Looking forward to trying this one this week. The Beyond sausage is literally the best fake meat Ive tried and it subs perfectly into this dish (we use four links for this dish). smoked (or otherwise pre-cooked) sausage cut into 1-inch slices - such as andouille, kielbasa, etc. I think, like a slow-cooker, its good for many things but I think it helps to consider it less as The Best Way To Cook All The Things (although its quite good at what Ive listed) as An Ideal Tool For People Who Dont Want To Hover In The Kitchen. To trim the artichokes, slice off the end of the stem and using a sharp paring knife, remove . Ive been hemming and hawing over purchasing one and this perspective is awesome. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I appreciate your honesty, and this sounds yummy! Deb I was just lamenting I had nothing to cook for dinner and now youve given me this of which I have everything already in my kitchen for it. Toss until completely coated. Set aside. I also didnt have shallots, so I used red onions. Be sure to cool completely before transferring to the fridge for storage. But I think I will change the arugula with something else as Im not a fan, but I might become one, you never know :) Yum yum! Hi Deb! I made this for dinner with random potatoes and whatever sausage we had rolling around (Bavarian Bratwurst). And I can just hear the complaints about having to peel off the shallots. I enjoy sauerkraut myself but in moderation and paired with foods that, well, make sense. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes until just tender and parboiled, about 10-13 minutes. Off topic, but since I know youre a fan of cakes with fun names, and I just made it last night, I wanted to see if youve ever made Lazy Daisy cake? Preheat the oven to 425F. Place sausages in between the pieces of broccoli and sweet potatoes. of country sausage into links and arrange them on top of the potatoes. No, never. How do you suggest to cook that for this recipe? Oktoberfest is about all things German. Its so easy to throw together after work, and the flavors play really well together. My (almost) 7 year old will not eat anything leafy, but will happily scarf down grape tomatoes by the pint, so he had those on the side instead. Its going to be fabulous. Made this yesterday and sped up the process by steaming baby red potatoes in the microwave for 3.5 minutes before halving and tossing on a baking sheet with quartered red onions and pre-cooked chicken sausage. First the recipes I havent seen on your skfavorites hashtag on insta recently: mushroom lasagna, feta salsa, cauliflower parmesan cake, buttermilk dressing, roasted carrots sheet bake, cauliflower sheet bake, blue cheese scallion drop biscuits, butternut chickpea tahini salad, roasted mushrooms, endives with oranges and almonds. :). Sheet pan Italian sausage and potatoes is an easy, one pan meal to make for dinner tonight. I add chickpeas and skip the greens because my family is veggie phobic. Copyright 2023 Foodie Pro on the Foodie Pro Theme. Toss until the vegetables are fully coated. Hi Deb Another great recipe! Really nice relaxed Fall Friday dinner at the cottage with friends! My dear one loved it so much he asked me to make it again 2 days later..and loved it just as much again. Huge fans. Nutrition Roast for 25 minutes, tossing once or twice. This may be my first time leaving a comment but Ive made many of your delicious recipes. Diseo y fabricacin de reactores y equipo cientfico y de laboratorio Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings. My Husband is a very picky eater, and this meal suited both of us. 2. Thanks and keep up this good blog. Deb, I always read these sheet-pan sausage recipes and get the impression that the sausage is supposed to roast to sticky, caramelized perfectionbut when I roast sausages in real life, they always end up pale and languishing in a pool of hot sausage liquid. My foodie spouse gave it a 10. Marinate the chicken: Combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, paprika, and salt in a bowl. Added some gorgeous salad parsnips from this weeks CSA share when I added the chicken sausage. This is a winner all day every day. I also cut a lemon in half and throw it in the pan too. I will make it again because it was crazy easy. This looks yummy, and I am going to have to make it SOON. Last week I made the kissin cousin to this recipe w/ evood kale thrown onto the pan for the last minutes but since arugula is my favorite green.. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (optional). Of course I did my own thing by adding sliced chunks of carrot, sweet potatoes, red onion and zucchini. Stir in corn during the last 5 minutes of cooking time; drain well. Cut up the veggies - dice the potatoes into 1-inch cubes, the bell pepper and onion into chunks, and the sausage into inch slices. Its extremely flexible and so easy to make, and works great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. New Ulm is a quaint town and every fall the residents celebrate with polka dances, pretzels, and beer. The sheet pan had kielbasa, potatoes and onions. Scatter sausage and potatoes around the artichokes, drizzle with avocado oil and season with herbs de Provence, salt and pepper. Sheet Pan Sausage, Potatoes, and Brussels Sprouts By Kristen McCaffrey Updated on Mar 29, 2022 This Sheet Pan Sausage, Potatoes, and Brussels Sprouts dish couldn't be easier plus it is clean eating, gluten-free, Paleo, and Whole30 friendly. I cant wait to discover more amazing meals! Amazing! Notes Just subscribed to your blog is there a way I can save favorite recipes of yours? Used two Meyer lemons, zested and juiced. My tips to make the best sheet pan dinner: Cut the veggies evenly. She uses chicken thighs, sausage, potatoes, onion and fennel and cooks them all together on a sheet pan. its on the regular rotation. Roasted a head of garlic in tinfoil when I added the sausage. Awesome recipe! I guess I was just expecting more based on all the glowing reviews written here. Combine seasonings: In a small bowl, combine the dry seasonings with salt and pepper. rosanne cash's all-american potato salad. Slice the peppers and onions. This is one of my favorite dinners! I love pretty much everything you do. Ive been hoping youd get one so you could provide some recipe inspiration. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place broccoli and sweet potatoes on a rimmed sheet pan. Remember, veggie sausage us usually pre cooked so you just want to warm it through and get a little crisp. I only had a package of spinach/arugula mix, so I added that to the potato/sausage mixture. I use the teeny little white boiling onions instead of shallots (roasted whole) and we usually also toss in a chopped sweet potato. Was fantastic! This is just the kind of recipe I gravitate towards. Serve right away. Its on the light side. The original recipe was amazing; I am just providing alternatives. Did you mean to link to a particular broccoli dish in the first paragraph? Stir in olive oil, garlic salt and pepper and mix until well combined. Spread into an even layer on the sheet pan. Seems like unnecessary last-minute work to peel them post-cooking for either the cook or the eater, and Im also pretty sure my kids would take one look and refuse to try them. Ive made this recipe multiple times. Gosh, this looks delicious! of country style sausage (or any kind of smoked sausage) into smaller links. Easy to make and one of my partners favorites! Thank you for sharing this recipe! All baked for longer than anticipated but only by about 8 minutes. Dont you find that the case with your kids, or do they have amazingly mature palettes? Add sausage, potatoes, and vegetables to a large bowl. Ive used roasted potatoes in salads before to beef them up but havent ever done it with sausage. We shall see! I made this immediately once seeing this recipe pop up on your Instagram, and of course, blog. Directions Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). This Sheet Pan Sausage and Potatoes recipe is the perfect dinner to celebrate Oktoberfest. Place on the baking sheet with the stems. my family, meaning I cant wait to make this! It is beloved by every member of my family (including my finicky 3 year old), and I can START the meal when I get home from work and still get the kids to bed on time. Nor Thanksgiving nor any weekend day thats not absolutely necessary for travel or any morning I can leave later and not have to miss breakfast and school drop-off. Place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 425F. He ate sausage and potatoes. This dish is heavy, decadent, and a little ridiculous. I made it exactly as written, and its fantastic! My most common switch is to replace shallots with little cherry tomatoes and boy oh BOY is it delicious. If you can get to Oyama on Granville Island when youre here, they have the best sausages and charcuterie. Bake for 30 minutes, or until sausages are cooked through. I grated some fresh parm on top of the arugula. It drives me bonkers when a recipe doesnt say which kind because 1 teaspoon of fine sea or table salt will seriously oversalt a recipe intended for kosher salt. Thank you for the idea. Serve. I make this at least once a month (my kids gobble it up) but I almost always flip the ratio of cook time 25-30ish minutes for potatoes and ~20 for sausages, which I leave out at room temp while prepping. Unpeeled get nicely roasted inside the skin, think roasted garlic cloves. The leftover mustard glaze may be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. : https://www.nigella.com/recipes/spanish-chicken-with-chorizo-and-potatoes?offset=36. Yes! How to Make This Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner. If not, is there another vegetable you can recommend? Fennel? Brush the tops with a little olive oil and return the tray to the oven for another 30 to 40 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the sausage is cooked through. Lightly coat the potatoes with oil, salt, pepper and granulated garlic. How Long Should I Bake Sausage and Potatoes? and thus my son (older) has to keep up. ( I never realized some do one or the other) On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss all of the potatoes and shallots with 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt (I use 1 teaspoon kosher), and a lot freshly ground black pepper or red pepper flakes to taste. By cutting the vegetables evenly, you'll make sure they cook through in the same amount of time. Enjoy! I use chicken sausage and I usually add some sliced peppers to roast. This was such a delightful dinner! PSS: Cant wait until you come to Vancouver BC :). Line a large baking sheet with foil, parchment paper, or just spray with non-stick cooking spray. How I can eat an entire package of baby spinach and never feel like I am eating a salad, I will never understand; but this dish does it. It was so good Im making it again for dinner tomorrow. Add potatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, and spices to a 13x18" rimmed sheet pan. When the 15 mins was up I added the peppers and the sausage to the roasting pan, set the timer for 40 additional minutes. Cover and place pot into the preheated oven. 3. Add cup of prepared gochujang sauce to bowl . Toss the potatoes with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp italian seasoning, tsp kosher salt, and tsp ground pepper. It's full of German flavors and topped with a tangy mustard glaze. Sausages are one of my Familys favourite foods! Wondered about the shallots? I make a kind of riff on this that isnt really a riff on this at all just another sheetpan supper, really- chopped potatoes/ cooking chorizo/ garlic/ peppers onto a roasting tray for like 30 mins, then add cod/ hake/ similar firm white fish on top for 10-15 mins and EAT. Did you mean to link to a particular broccoli dish in the first paragraph? After the sausage and potatoes have cooked for 20 minutes remove the pan from the oven. Spread evenly onto the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, stirring ingredients once or twice during cooking. I suspect for SEO purposes so they can claim its a 30 minute meal? New Instant Pot think Im going to love it. Drizzle all of the mustard glaze over the top of the potatoes and sausages and toss to coat. Thanks Deb! Bake in preheated oven until vegetables begin to soften, about 10 minutes. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I made this with 2 links of vegetarian sausages that I sauteed in a frying pan and added to the veggies when the veggies were done. But I sliced it to make it easier for eating. Seems like it should be closer to just an hour. You could spread it out to give them more space, i.e. How To Make Sheet Pan Sausage And Veggies Prepare the sausage. Toss with your hands to coat. It doesnt matter how you make it, only that you do. olive oil in a small bowl. And it wasnt too much. Its simple and amazing and we all love it. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil and set aside. Amazing recipe! I own and operate The Rustic Foodie and work as a freelance photographer and writer. Went straight for the white wine vinegar instead of the lemon juice, and 1 Tbsp seemed like too little, so I added 1/2 a Tbsp more. Slice the sausage in half, or into 3-inch sections. The sauce is what brings everything together. Thanks for another great dinner on a what are we eating tonight? How versatile as well:). Stir to coat. I only have the tiniest gripe, and its probably a very subjective one, but in my house this could easily have fed six people. And thank you! I reviewed the comments but dont think this has come up yet: are the sausages supposed to be cooked or raw? I made it with breakfast sausage instead of italian sausage (browned separately and added near the end of cooking) and used half spinach and half arugula for a breakfast dish: YUM. Yum! My husband picked up bulk sausage instead of sausages in casing. WELL.. Organic studios and shallots. It did not become more than the sum of its parts it tasted like roasted potatoes, onions (didnt have shallots so I used quartered red onions), and sausage tossed with arugula.