Wake up in Dublin feeling well rested and refreshed when you catch one of our night-time ferries to Ireland. You will need your booking's reference number to sign in, or you can add a password to your account. Do I need a printed copy of my ticket to travel? There are many companies that offerIreland and Scotland tours that are great, or you can choose to take the trip on your own. I often get asked by my readers which trip they should take, Ireland or Scotland? Rome2rio makes travelling from Scotland to Ireland easy. Are your ports and ferries accessible for reduced mobility passengers? We also provide practical information for every ferry service, such as duration useful tips to maximise your ferry ride enjoyment. Stenaline sails to Belfast and P&O Ferries to Larne, which is located just north of Belfast. Loch Ryan Port, Cairnryan is located in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland and from here you have a choice of up to 6 daily sailings to Belfast. Travel by ferry to Cairnryan and Glasgow is less than 2 hours away by car, rail or bus and Edinburgh is reachable in 3.5 hours. There are currently no timetables available for routes selected, Please enter all the information for your vehicle, Please enter trailer type, length and height. If youre heading away from Scotland by ferry then Northern Ireland is easily accessible with a choice of routes and ferry companies. Visit Belfast in Northern Ireland and learn the history of the worlds most famous ship when you visit Titanic Belfast or jump into a black taxi for a tour of the city before satisfying yourself with a delicious meal from one of the many restaurants that it has to offer. A country packed with history and legends. There are so many exciting attractions just waiting to be discovered in Northern Irelandthat your trip is sure to be one full of magical outdoor adventures and exciting cultural discoveries. P&O Irish Sea operates 1 routes, Larne to Cairnryan which runs 7 times daily. Learn the history of Guinness before enjoying a pint in the Gravity Bar which has a 360 view of the city. Are there conference facilities available onboard? Whether you decide to drive to the Isle of Skye on your own or take a tour, dont miss these sites: On the last day of your Scotland and Ireland vacation, travel back to Edinburgh and either fly home from there or fly back to Dublin to fly home. Short Stay by Motorbike to Ireland or Britain. The short hop from Scotland is regular, year round and offered by a number of ferry operators. Exceptions may apply, for full details: European Union. A country packed with history and legends. To the best of our knowledge, it is correct as of the last update.Visit Rome2rio travel advice for general help. You can find more details about how we use your data in our, Don't miss out, sign up now to make sure you receive our latest offers, At least one special character (with the exception of #, &, + and spaces). There are 27+ hotels available in Ireland. Travel time is around 12 hours direct, and just over 14 hours via Orkney. The exhibition also includes access to the Long Room, which is one of the worlds most beautiful libraries - home to 200,000 of Trinity Colleges oldest books! From high street chains to independent boutiques, there are plenty of gems to be picked up, save your spending money and take advantage of the great savings in Kildare Village which is packed with designer brands at fantastic prices. Remember to check our caravan requirements before you travel with P&O Ferries and be sure to take advantage of our unlimited baggage policy. You have been added to the mailing list. If you wish to book more than one bicycle you will need to make a separate booking for each bicycle. With dramatic landscapes and a vibrant culture, a visit to Scotland is an unforgettable experience! Ryanair UK, Aer Lingus and Ryanair offer flights from Edinburgh Airport to Dublin Airport. Scotland is a beautiful country well-known for its dramatic scenery of mountains and rugged coastlines, with the natural scenes of the Highlands as a top winner. Contact our customer support or find the answers to the most common questions in our FAQ. Your reset password link has been expired. Please reset the password again. Are cabins mandatory on overnight sailings? Irish Ferries offer several daily sailings from Dublin to Holyhead, where you can take your car, pets, and as much luggage as you need. With two hot meals completely free of charge and a cosy cabin for evening ferries, well make sure your trip to Dublin from Liverpoolis relaxed and comfortable not to mention great value. The Aviva Stadium is a sports stadium located in Dublin, Ireland, with a capacity for 51,700 spectators (all seated). Take in the sights of two great cities - Belfast and Derry ~ Londonderry, explore the many world-class visitor attractions including Titanic Belfast and the Giant's Causeway on the North Coast, have a pint in some of the coolest pubs and a meal in a choice of many great restaurants. Can I get a quote without making a booking? As the frequency and duration of crossings on some routes varies we would advise that you do a live search for crossings from Scotland to Northern Ireland to get the most up to date information. The sea was eerily calm, and time passed swiftly. Dublin to Scotland by bus and bus and ferry The journey time between Dublin and Scotland is around 9h 45m and covers a distance of around 268 miles. Operated by Translink UK and Aircoach, the Scotland to Ireland service departs from Glasgow Buchanan and arrives in Dublin City South, Sussex Road. This site allows you to compare all the info for your trip to Northern Ireland from Scotland such as tariffs, times and duration of the crossing. Sailing to Belfast is slightly more expensive than from Larne. What happens if my sailing is delayed or cancelled? Edited: 8 years ago The port is 20 minutes from Wexford , 1 hour 20 minutes from Waterford , 1 hour 45 minutes from Kilkenny , 2 hours 15 minutes from Dublin and 3 hours from Cork. Rome2rio's Travel Guide series provide vital information for the global traveller. Take in a movie in one of our cinemas, enjoy a romantic meal . Travel in style on the biggest, most luxurious ferries ever to sail between Northern Ireland and Scotland,Stena Superfast VIIandStena Superfast VIII. Taking a ferry to Scotland with your bike Ferries to Scotland are favoured by many cyclists across the UK, as we allow passengers to bring bicycles along, free of charge. Go shopping, grab a bite to eat, take in a free movie, experience the Pure Nordic Spa, or just sit back and relax. Do you have questions or need help with your booking? Do you have questions or need help with your booking? There are plenty of beautiful cycling spots in Scotland, with Galloway Forest Park just over an hour away from Cairnryan port. Why not grab a pint or a nice cup of tea and watch the waves roll by from our onboard bar? Covid-19 is least prevalent in Northern Ireland, where one in 90 people is estimated to have the virus - the lowest level for the nation since autumn 2021. Keep yourself awake until a reasonable hour (between 8 pm and 11 pm) and wake up early the next morning. Check out the countrys most iconic castle, Dublin Castle, learn about 20th-century Dublin at the Little Museum of Dublin and take in the breathtaking views of Dublin Bay. All year round, the M/S Norrna sails weekly from Denmark to Iceland via the Faroe Islands. Ryanair UK, Ryanair and Aer Lingus fly from Edinburgh to Swords every 4 hours. Do you have electric vehicle chargers at the port? PM urged to extend EU market access for Northern Ireland to Scotland (Image: NQ) RISHI Sunak has been pressed to explain why EU single market access is good for Northern Ireland but . Do you provide special fares for group bookings? I normally like to advise people to get out of the big cities and explore the countryside, but Edinburgh has so much to offer than I think its worth spending at least 2 days here. And the shopping! This would also work if youre planning to fly in and out of the same airport. If you travel from Glasgow to Islay by Car it will take around three hours to get to Kennacraig. It is one of the seven ancient universities of Britain and Ireland, as well as Ireland's oldest university. Using our site means you agree to the use of cookies and similar technologies. I imagine the levels are set with higher passenger numbers in mind. See our cookie policy. Check out the best bits about our ferries to Ireland and what to remember before you travel with us. P&O Irish Sea operates 1 routes, Cairnryan to Larne which runs 7 times daily. With P&O Ferries to Ireland, youll experience incredible service, food and sea views every time you travel with us. Taking a ferry to Ireland with your caravan or motohome, Taking a ferry to Ireland with your motorbike, Don't miss out and join our newsletter for latest offers, By clicking "Sign Up" you consent to receiving information, newsletters and special offers by email from P&O Ferries. You need to enable JavaScript to run this app. Want to know more about our cookies and how they improve you're experience? Belfast Port (VT4) is conveniently located close to the motorway network off Junction 1 of the M2 motorway offering easy access to and from Belfast city centre and the rest of Ireland. How do I book multiple vehicles on one booking? Rome2rio also offers online bookings for selected operators, making reservations easy and straightforward. Scotland is the northernmost country in the United Kingdom, occupying the Northern third of the land, sharing a border with England to the South. What facilities do you have on your ferries? What are the travel restrictions in Ireland? Travel to Ireland with Stena Line on ferry sailings available from England, Scotland, Wales and France. This departure will arrive {0} minutes late due to current weather conditions. What facilities do you provide in cabins? What passes do you accept for bus and rail travel? There are 2 ferry routes operating between Scotland and Northern Ireland offering you combined total of 12 sailings per day. Take a ferry from England to Ireland or Scotland to Ireland with ease and comfort today! Enter the email address associated with your account, and we will email you a link to reset your password, By clicking "Save and continue" you are confirming that you accept our The decision to redevelop the stadium came after plans for both Stadium Ireland and Eircom Park fell through. Filled with useful and timely travel information, the guides answer all the hard questions - such as 'How do I buy a ticket? Train to Glasgow, fly to Belfast (Aldergrove), train, Holiday Inn Express Dublin City Centre, an IHG Hotel, Scotland to St Helens Central Station Great Central Railway, Scotland to Kings Cross Greater London England, Entry is unrestricted for citizens and permanent residents of United Kingdom. We use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with the best web experience. What is the Business Traveller programme? When you use this itinerary to travel to Ireland and Scotland youre getting the best of both worlds within two weeks. The cheapest prices are typically during off peak times and low . Am I allowed to travel from United Kingdom to Ireland? If you want to go to Ireland, it might be a bit better with the crossing from Cairnryan to Larne than with the ferry from Cairnryan to Belfast. The direct connection from England is less regular, but also year round and a popular service. Travel in style on the biggest, most luxurious ferries ever to sail between Northern Ireland and Scotland,Stena Superfast VIIandStena Superfast On Time Join today and get the latest news and deals straight to your inbox. What happens if my sailing is delayed or cancelled? Our ferries to Ireland take 7 hours and 30 minutes, with two sailings per day and plenty of time to chill out in the on-board bars and caf, with terrific views as we glide through the Irish Sea. Sailing into Belfast is a genuine sight to behold. Or if youre feeling really brave, why not venture across the Carrick-A-Rede rope bridge, spanning 30 metres above the rocks below which is not for the faint-hearted! One service sails from the small southern Scottish port of. You can fly with Ryanair for as little as $21 USD! Theres nothing quite like exploring a new country on two wheels, so why not bring your bikewith you too the perfect way to navigate around a city or the countryside. How do I update my online profile with Stena Line? Can I bring a bicycle on my rail and sail journey? The ferry is currently off the coast of northern France as emergency services scramble to get passengers and crew off the ferry. 87 Comments. Ferries from Northern Ireland to Scotland. Within easy reach of Cairnryan, there are a number of hotels, guest houses, B&Bs as well as shops, cafes, restaurants and petrol stations. The best time to visit Ireland and Scotland is usually off-peak in shoulder season between April-May and September-October. Our onboard Food Court offers a wide range of cuisines from around the world, from fish and chips to curry. Packed with quirky shops, cafes, and traditional bars, this area is a must-see for all visitors. How do I book multiple vehicles on one booking? This website uses cookies to help us process your bookings as well as customise and improve your experience. Catering-wise I bought only a hot chocolate, which was quite hot and fairly chocolatey. What is the national COVID-19 helpline number in Ireland? You can even let us do all the hard work by signing up for email alerts to get all our latest offers sent directly to your inbox on our ferries to Ireland from Scotland. Services of a Maple Leaf Tour Director. Take a look at all the great on board services we offer when you sail from Cairnryan to Larne with us. With no baggage charges why not pack up the car and take a ferry to Belfast or Cairnryan and enjoy a car-cation with Stena Line? Do you provide luggage lockers at the terminal? Learn how your comment data is processed. Its rugged beauty and history combined with its rugged island charm is sure to win your heart! Travel by ferry to Cairnryan and Glasgow is less than 2 hours away by car, rail or bus and Edinburgh is reachable in 3.5 hours. With plenty of green spaces and long country roads to explore, Ireland is known as the Emerald Isle for a reason! If youre looking to explore the great outdoors then look no further than County Antrim, home to the famous Causeway Coast, known for being one of the best road trip spots in the world, which makes a trip with one of our ferries from Scotland to Ireland all the more convenient. Book direct for the best deals and start planning your adventure to Northern Ireland today! Stena Line operates 1 routes, Cairnryan to Belfast which runs 5 times daily. By signing up here, you consent to this service. If you want to experience a great overview of the country, you can do my full Scotland Itinerary. British Isles Information Session. Then you can make a good decision about whether a detour can be worthwhile. Do I have to wear a face mask on public transport in Ireland? Search for a ferry from Scotland to Northern Ireland through our online booking service. What passes do you accept for bus and rail travel? Can I carry extra fuel in my car or motorhome? Short Stay by Motorbike to Ireland or Britain. Rumour has it, Guinness tastes even better on Irish soil, and how about going one step further and enjoying a pint with your own selfie printed on top of the head? Be sure not to miss these: Now that youve enjoyed a full week in Ireland, its time to hop over the Irish Channel and visit the beautiful and rugged Scotland! The ferry, the Isle of Innisfree, was built in Belgium in 1992 and can . Youll experience superior levels of comfort and enjoyment onboard our Superfast ships, with all the onboard facilities on hand to make your journey as relaxing and as enjoyable as possible. These ferry tickets include free accommodation or a place to rest. Weve sent you an email. You'll never receive marketing from anyone but us and you can opt out of receiving this information at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any of our emails. And at the end of the day what could be better than a Guinness or a spot of Irish whisky. Can I carry extra fuel in my car or motorhome? Just inside the walls, the Tower Museum tells the stories of the regions history complete with an open-air viewing platform offering views over the inner city and the River Foyle so you can see where it all happened. Open tickets are valid for up to 12 months from booking date (see ticket conditions). On our Norbay and Norbank ships, enjoy a twin bed, crisp bed linen and soft towels, with an ensuite shower room, toilet, and space to hang your clothes. Brilliant value for car and one passenger, cheapest by far. * Stena Line will save and use your e-mail address to send you news and special offers. Even if you are catching your ferry to Ireland during the day, there are options to book a cabin just speak to our team at reception or on the port. How do I update my online profile with Stena Line? The journey time from Kennacraig to Port Askaig is around 2 hours and from Kennacraig to Port Ellen 2 hours and 20 minutes. Disappointed with late departure and subsequent late arrival, other than that happy with service. With no baggage charges why not pack up the car and take a ferry to Cairnryan or Belfast and enjoy a car-cation with Stena Line? It includes large areas of grassland and tree-lined avenues, and since the 17th century has been home to a herd of wild fallow deer. Can I check my luggage in for the sailing? Then you pay about 160. Is there Wi-Fi available onboard and, if so, is it fast? Facilities continue to improve and many new hotels and restaurants have opened in the last few years. Travel: Tuesday, 29 June 2021 - Sunday, 4 July 2021, Travel: Saturday, 24 July 2021 - Saturday, 7 August 2021, Travel: Saturday, 10 July 2021 - Monday, 19 July 2021, Decide which port you want to sail from. For golfers, cyclists and those with lots of luggage, we've got ample room to carry golf clubs, bikes and luggage free of charge. Shop til you drop, take in a sightseeing tour and visit the many historic landmarks. Shetland's inter-island ferries are run in conjunction with the local council, and information . There are 11 ways to get from Ireland to Scotland by bus, bus and ferry, train, car, car ferry or plane Select an option below to see step-by-step directions and to compare ticket prices and travel times in Rome2rio's travel planner. Trip idea 4 days 223 miles Flavours of Northern Ireland Foodie heaven awaits, so let your tastebuds lead you around Northern Ireland! Great service. What happens if my sailing is delayed or cancelled? Cairnryan-Larne is with 2 hours sailing time also fifteen minutes faster than the ferry to Belfast. If youre feeling nervous about driving in Ireland there are several great day trips from Galway that will take you to the west for this 2-day trip. Day 1: Arrive in Dublin. DOUBLE $6,899. No, returning to United Kingdom from Ireland is currently allowed. What are Stena Line's vehicle categories? How can I make a booking using a Tesco Clubcard Partner code? Taking a weekend trip over the Irish Sea by ferry, from Ireland to Scotland has never been easier! I generally find Ireland cheaper to fly to from the United States but have occasionally found great deals to Scotland as well. What payment methods and currencies can be used onboard. Be sure to readmy complete guide to the Isle of Skye before going. Belfast Port (VT4) is conveniently located close to the motorway network off Junction 1 of the M2 motorway offering easy access to and from Belfast city centre and the rest of Ireland. How do I register for the Extra loyalty programme? What fees, dues and charges apply and when? I recommend flying in and out of wherever you canget the best deals. As the frequency and duration of crossings on some routes varies we would advise that you do a live search for crossings from Northern Ireland to Scotland to get the most up to date information. Are there public transport links to the port? Cars and other vehicles can be . Departed. Days 1-2: Explore Edinburgh. If you are not sure, just type in Ireland and choose, You will get results not just for your chosen route but all similar routes, Choose a time. In England, Scotland and Wales, the . Do you have electric vehicle chargers at the port? Where can I find information on careers with Stena Line? Ferries to Scotland Scotland is the northernmost of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, sharing a 60 mile long land border with England to the south and separated from Northern Ireland by the North Channel of the Irish Sea. With P&O, taking a ferry from Scotland to Northern Ireland has never been easier! Departed. Glasgow is under 2 hours from Cairnryan where you can enjoy all that this great city has to offer. Plus, you'll also enjoy FREE WiFi onboard when you travel on our Cairnryan to Larne route. . The Irish Government is lobbying UNESCO to have the park designated as a world heritage site. Scheduled Car, Passenger and Freight Ferries between Northern Ireland and Scotland are run by Stena Line and P&O Irish Sea ferries. Make yourself known to an official member of staff and/or call the national coronavirus helpline number on 1850 24 1850. Whilst having a reputation for violence and sectarian conflict, it is nonetheless a fascinating province with much to offer in the way of beautiful scenery and cosmopolitan cities. Please reset the password again. That is why it is best to look at the prices as they are the date when you want to make your crossing. Popular Ferry Operators for Ireland Stena Line 13 Sailings Daily 3 hr 30 min Irish Ferries 7 Sailings Daily 4 hr 1 min P&O Irish Sea 8 Sailings Daily 4 hr 45 min Brittany Ferries 6 Sailings Weekly 18 hr 14 min Latest offers for Ireland View all Special Offers Offers and Promotions Be the first to hear about the best ferry offers How do I register for the Extra loyalty programme? The world is your oyster when you get the ferry to Northern Ireland with us, so book your next triptoday! Learn how to find cheap flights to and from Ireland and Scotland by reading myguide to flying for cheap or nearly free here. The national COVID-19 helpline number in Ireland is 1850 24 1850. Dublin, the capital city of Ireland is a mecca of activity and culture. And then you have the cost of the ferry on top of that which is a few hundred dollars. Scotland to Ireland bus services, operated by Aircoach, arrive at Dublin Airport station. Whether youre embarking on a solo road trip with your, Get a dealon Ferries to Ireland from Scotland, Making sure you book your trip in advance is the best way to take advantage of all the great, There are so many exciting attractions just waiting to be discovered in, The world is your oyster when you get the ferry to Northern Ireland with us, so, Services and add ons are subject to route and availability. What is the shortest crossing from Scotland to Ireland? However, if you are flying into Scotland or Ireland and plan to fly out of a different airport, I would not recommend taking the ferry. The perfect country to visit at any time of the year, visit Ireland for an unforgettable holiday, packed with memories and lots of new places to explore. Opened in 1831, the zoo describes its role as conservation, study, and education. vehicle type, extras, At least one special character (with the exception of #, &, + and spaces). Guided coach tour of Edinburgh. It takes approximately 9h 16m to get from Scotland to Ireland, including transfers. Read More Sail on Superfast VII & Superfast VIII Cairnryan & Belfast From 129 single, car & driver Find trip Timetable Route Cairnryan Belfast Belfast Cairnryan Belfast Liverpool You can easily discover the best ferry route for destinations such as France, Ireland, Holland or islands like Corsica. What facilities do you provide in cabins? Weve sent you an email. From 173 (including car and driver), you can travel first from Hoek van Holland and then on one of the company's ferries to Ireland. From Ayr its a straight road down the A77 passing Girvan, about an hours drive. What are the opening hours of your ferry terminals? Do I need a printed copy of my ticket to travel? What makes Scotland such a hugely popular tourist destination is the sheer range of attractions and activities packed into such a small and accessible country. Pack up your car and take a car-cation to Northern Ireland a place steeped in history, culture and so much more. Reserve a ferry from Scotland to Northern Ireland today to begin your next adventure on the road with a P&O ferry. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Whether the thriving and vibrant city of Belfast and the story of the Titanic, the Giants Causeway coast with enchanting land and seascapes, or the ancient city of Derry with its rich cultural and architectural heritage, Northern Ireland offers so much for everyone to enjoy. Price for a return tickets are as follows: Passenger 14.20, Car 71.10. Whether you're going to be driving from city to city, or discovering Ireland's natural beauty, doing it on two wheels will mean that you can see the best of everything. How can I check if my sailing is on time? Day 5: Wicklow Mountains. Pack up your car and take a car-cation to Northern Ireland a place steeped in history, culture and so much more. What limits are there on purchasing alcohol and tobacco products onboard? Is there Wi-Fi available onboard and, if so, is it fast? Its always great to travel in comfort, and whats more comfortable than travelling with your own vehicle? Are cabins mandatory on overnight sailings? Northern Ireland consumers should certainly have no sense of a border when it comes to buying food, plants and medicines or taking their dog on the ferry to Scotland. Delayed Take the ferry & discover Northern Ireland. Now, thats a memory! Please click the link in it to confirm your subscription. Boarding was swift (customs persons made a brief inspection of the inside of our van). Do you want to go on board with a car and, for example, 2 people? From here it's a two-hour journey with CalMac to Islay, Scotland's whisky island. Ferry to Cairnryan and Belfast Travel in style on the biggest, most luxurious ferries ever to sail between Scotland and Northern Ireland, Stena Superfast VII and Stena Superfast. There are endless things to do and youll be sure of the warmest of welcomes. Required fields are marked *. You'll never receive marketing from anyone but us and you can opt out of receiving this information at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any of our emails. Breathe in the crisp sea air and catch beautiful sea views from our outside deck seating. Book a 28 hour return trip to either Larne or Cairnryan by the 19th of June 2023 for 25% off your booking. Please click the link in it to confirm your subscription. Dont miss these stops in Dublin: Take an entire day to explore the west of Ireland. Sorry, this route is currently unavailable. How do I book if I don't know the vehicle registration? The cheapest ferry to Ireland with Direct Ferries last month was 35, from Holyhead to Dublin. Getting from Ireland to Scotland is easy and affordable. How do I book if I don't know the vehicle registration? The ship's personnel were pleasant and fellow travellers were largely hidden away in cabins or lounges. What are the Stena Line's age categories? Can I check my luggage in for the sailing? Be sure not to miss these: Spend two days in beautiful Northern Ireland! ', 'Should I book online before I travel? Whatever pace you like to enjoy life at, Ireland has something for everyone. Please reset your password to sign in. Set off on the open road and take in some of Ireland's Ancient East's top sights. If youre not comfortable driving in those conditions, it might be a good idea to take a tour to the Isle of Skye. Stena Line operates 1 routes, Cairnryan to Belfast which runs 5 times daily. Stena Line operates 1 routes, Cairnryan to Belfast which runs 5 times daily. Our Dublin-bound ferries are designed for those travelling with their car, motorhome or caravan if youd like to get to Ireland by foot, or with your pet, why not have a look at our ferries to Larne? This website uses cookies to help us process your bookings as well as customise and improve your experience. We have tried to make the information about various crossings and options for ferries and connections in Europe as clear as possible. What passes do you accept for bus and rail travel? Save this link to stay updated on COVID-19 restrictions, The official advice is to avoid non-essential international travel to high risk countries. You can compare prices in this booking engine. It's a lovely journey. Both depart multiple times a day, seven days a week, year-round,. The return time must be after the outbound time, Compare ferry companies and routes with Ferrysavers for the best deals. Loch Ryan Port, Cairnryan is located in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland and from here you have a choice of up to 6 daily sailings to Belfast.