The average group size with this load came in at an inch. And stay in touch with newsletters of our best articles on techniques, guns, & gear. As the real measurement of an AR product, the more significant part and critical components of this Barrett rifle are made in-house. Aero precision breach ODG vs Radian Raptor, DD Daniel defense I have no idea who makes it or what it costs, but Im sure some of your readers have seen it. The bolt lugs are also CNC ground after being heat-treated for exceptional accuracy. The lower receiver houses mil-spec internals and a single-stage GI-type trigger with a 6-pound, 8-ounce break and comes with an A2-style pistol grip. The next group wasnt much different, providing an average of 0.5 inches. The REC 7-DI is a competent package with the Magpul furniture, the free-floated handguard, a two-stage trigger, and the enhanced charging handle. A short-stroke spring-loaded gas piston rides above the barrel emplaced in the gas block and its held in place by a two-position gas plug. Decent price point. The password should contain at least 8 characters with at least one number or special character. Radians Model 1 has a short throw 45/90-degree safety, and the controls are entirely ambidextrous. So yes, cheaper charging handles exist, but they dont deliver as much value as the, This additional purchase gives you the ability to, Strike Industries likes to experiment and does so quite well. Does anyone have a Model 1 or UIC Mod 3 and like them? As you probably know, Eugene Stoners genuine device, AR-15, is designed as an assault rifle based on a direct gas impingement system (DI/DGI) that release gas from the bore into the upper receiver to the bolt carrier group, which then cycles the rifle. It catches the hand perfectly and is perfect if you are new to this technique. Best AR-15 Charging Handles [Hands-On] - Pew Pew Dakota Potts is a gunsmith, armorer and gun rights advocates. The REC7 Gen II comes with a six-position Magpul MOE buttstock, an oversized trigger guard for glove use and a KeyMod handguard. It also helps that Radian and ADM give nice discounts to MIL/LE as well. The Latchless Charging Handle can be extended via a simple add-on to the left or right side that makes the handle a little bigger. I love how it glides backward when pulled, and the extra size means extra leverage. First is the anti-snagging capabilities of the handle, but it also removes stress on the pins themselves giving you increased durability. A SilencerCo ASR flash suppressor/adapter was included as well as a special heat sync. I Contact-Privacy Policy -Terms And Conditions Like you would expect in this price range, every bolt\carrier unit is proofed and magnetic-particle inspected to increase the weapons reliability, especially in the harshest conditions. When it comes down to it, thats the two most popular features for a charging handle to have, and the Breek does both very well. Daniel Defense vs So, thoughts? You need a nice, large charging handle to do this efficiently and quickly. The revolutionary spring-loaded piston system enables a rifle to run cleaner and more reliably than a traditional AR-style rifle. No BCG from a $500 Ruger AR-556 will compare to the quality and reliability of a BCM. In fact, REC7 (Reliability Enhanced Carbine) uses elements from the FAL and the AK designs that Barrett adapted for the Black rifle to get cleaner and cooler operation than direct gas-impingement. These handles will clear the eyepiece of any modern scope. The only thing I really have to go off of is a Garand Thumb review of the Model 1 in which the rail seems to be heavier than most. The Radian Raptor SD is vented extensively down the sides to decrease gas blowback by directing it out the sides. Though I am surprised to not see PSA on here, You missed two stellar charging handles, arguably the best on the market I do love Radian SD on my supressed rifle I also love the Forward control design ACF really helps prevent gas in your face. (Compromised means rushed, crappy, and in a hurry.). The handles and the latch are made of 6061-T6 aluminum. On the outside, this is a pretty standard-looking charging handle, but upon closer inspection, you can tell Strike put some work into this simple charging handle. If you want an affordable, Mil-Spec option, then Strike Industries has you covered. This platform also lets shooters more quickly adjust to precision shooting, as most people are familiar with the manual of arms. This is especially significant if your rifle ever needs to be mortared open. After that is the Battle Arms at The BCM GFH MOD 4 is primarily designed to be used with the blading technique, so the pressure applied via this technique wont damage the charging handle or latch. DD has plastic ejection door. The Strike Industries ARCH is already an outstanding charging handle; we just covered it above, and all the same features there are present here. To prove a point that serious weapons need serious ammo, I brought a unique mixture of ammo to test, including rounds from 62 to 77 grains. I won't be getting an upper with an exposed gas block so the pinning is less important to me. Latch pin fell out and the charging handle began reciprocating. Radian lower is slightly better than LMT. Ive always thought my Daniel Defense Grip & Rip Charging Handle, but Ill admit that Ive heard so much praise The Gunfighter is a thoroughly modern option for your next AR-15 build. As you can see, Radian gave every detail on this rifle special attention. Or follow Dakota Potts on Youtube. Thanks for these articles i like the feed back on yalls opinions with parts yall actually had your hands on. Not to mention, the adac is the only full ambi lower. Some big news for trigger pullers recently from the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Lightweight, sturdy, ambi, gas deflecting, and two handle size optionsmuch of that is what weve come to expect from aftermarket charging handles. Daniel Defense actually provides their barrels for the improved upper receiver group in use by our military and make The RIS II also used by the military. Personalize your experience. Talons and Raptors on every rifle. The BCM Recce uppers I have gotten do have chf barrels but it is a good point that not all of their uppers do. A wide selection of CMP surplus ammo will 2023 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme. At the range, the weather was perfect, as the late Arizona winter provided clear, comfortable conditions. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); About Us- Cannot go wrong with Radian. I like it on any rifle, and its large size works with my massive hands pretty well. Strike Industries likes to experiment and does so quite well. My apologies for the gross typos in my comment below. I like DD and its cool how they make their own barrels. The third and final Radian Raptor is one specifically designed for suppressed guns. Breek Arms Warhammer AR-15 Charging Handle. Note: These appear in no particular order. AR15.Com reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with our own. Using 7075-T6 aluminum, its strong as hell and outfitted with a type 3 hard anodized finish for long-lasting durability. Press J to jump to the feed. Sheesh. Specifications Compatible Accessories Features 1 Muzzle Climb Mitigator Reduced recoil and muzzle rise, keeping you on target for quicker follow-up shots 2 Cold-Hammer Forged Barrel He is interested in helping folks protect themselves with firearms and shoot better at the range. Those things are built like tanks! Due to the revolutionary short-stroke gas piston operating system, this improved Barretts piston rifle prevents excessive carbon buildup, resulting in cleaner, cooler, lower-maintenance operation. I could charge the weapon with a compromised grip. I personally don't care (I just want a shooter that is well built). Add I really enjoy my Breek Arms Warhammer Mod 2 on my PA-10. It's always a chore using the charging handle when having to work around the scope. I may earn a small part of the sale from links to any products or services on this site. Daniel Defense (For similar reasons I am unmoved by arguments that DD furniture is ugly) If two rifles are basically on par for quality in terms of performance and ruggedness I will go with the cheaper options. So much so that when testing these designs, I got a nice case of tennis elbow and a bruised palm. I still don't know which one I'll buy next!!! Still trying to confirm if it's possible to lock the bolt to the rear without dropping the mag *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win. The lack of a latch is an interesting idea as it reduces the movements needed to release the latch and manipulate the weapon. To the points raised below about not needing more than a $6 handle, there ARE good reasons to choose something else. I've edited the caption. Machined out of a solid block of anodized aircraft grade 7075-T6 aluminum, the SCH is an ambidextrous charging handle with a symmetrical approach. To some the extra cost is worth the peace of mind or the ease of use. I've only used it a small amount, but I wasn't a big fan. I feel like the DD bcg slides and locks into the chamber a little smoother with less effort than the Radian. Even the most basic Mil-Spec style charging handle can be well made and can stand above other Mil-Spec options. Mine just broke with less than 500 rounds. Retrieved from https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Barrett_REC7. With the designation REC7 that stands for reliability-enhanced carbine, this US manufacturer applied a short-stroke gas piston system and few premium-level technical features to offer a compact, accurate and utterly trustworthy rifle you can trust with anythingincluding your life. Palmetto State Armory (PSA) For those of you on a budget, there's no shortage of relative Posted November 1, 2019 in AR-15, Daily News, Other Gear & Gadgets by Hrachya H with No CommentsTags: Ambi, ar-10, ar-15, Charging Handle, daniel defense, GRIP-N-RIP. /r/ar15 is here for your favorite black gun links, build pics, questions and other tactical or practical information. Cannot go wrong with either, but get a BCM and call it a day. Although the rifle version chambered for the 6.843 mm SPC is compatible with a standard-size lower receiver, Barrett designed a caliber-specific, steel 30-round magazine for its 6.8 SPC carbine. So yes, cheaper charging handles exist, but they dont deliver as much value as the SI ARCH with the extended latch. Dd barrel rail bcg and upper. But this is the kind of extra level of effort that Ive come to expect from BCM. You do not pay Bcm has standard metal ejection doors. Chf barrel pinned gas block made in house. WebDD is great but theyre riding their reputation from the MK18 and all the internet hype. Thanks for any info. All of them are awesome in different ways and for various reasons. It's my go to rifle, the adac and ambi controls are perfect. While the differences are subtle, once you start running the charging handle, they are significant. BCM versus Daniel Defense : r/ar15 - reddit Images that look like they are left-handed is due to the photo mode, not editing. I suspect their complete rifles are A+++. I'm in no way saying that either company doesn't make quality products, they do, but building will almost always be a better value. The small handle is still easy to grab but has reduced snagging potential also. [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Radian Model 1 vs ADM UIC Mod 3, https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/351027/IMG_1360-497458.JPG, https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/351027/IMG_1357-497459.JPG, https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/351027/IMG_1356-497460.JPG, https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/108746/6B146ABB-99C6-4D6B-BADB-AC1C676361C2-500863.JPG. The bolt is made from casehardened 9310 steel that has been shot-peened, high-pressure (HP) and magnetic-particle (MP) tested, and finished in a self-lubricating black nitride. Im assuming its the same as a SR15 gas system being intermediate as well on a 17.5 Model 1 you guys have? The different colors make it charming and sexy, and I appreciate a splash of color here and there. AK Upgrades: Why & How to Bring Your AK Into the 21st Century. No mention of the Geissele URGI Airborne Charging Handle? Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Up next are the Daniel Defense and Geissele both at $105. Is DD actually better in some way? Add the BCG. Got it today and it works nicely. I have both. The new ambidextrous charging handle has two versions for AR-15 and AR-10 pattern weapons. I'm a lefty and was frustrated with the right handed charging handle on my AR-15. radian lower charging handle and geissele trigger. This is where the Jackal-X makes a huge difference. Both have strengths. Strike Industries Latchless Charging Handle. Gen II retains a chrome-lined, hammer-forged barrel, a slightly redesigned system of gas-piston operation and a patented chrome-lined fluted gas block. I might consider the Raptor as well. Ive heard great things (and I like testing new stuff on my M4V7 just to experiment with) and wanted to ask around here before potentially purchasing one. I am using DS Arms NFTE Coated Extended Latch Charging Handles. It is ambi, though, and it does have a deflection piece to get excess gasses away from the shooter. It also gives you more room to grab the charging handle if you are rocking a variable power optic. This latch-less system uses a cool hidden spring mechanism in the center of the charging handle to make sure it stays put when not in use. For that reason, some companies started developing Gas Piston Driven AR-15s, a pretty different system than the Stoner-type direct impingement system. I have the VLTOR BCM Mod 4 and it's a great handle. A good trigger can make or break a gun, and this one is a winner. Interestingly, the REC7 DI carbine is Barretts fourth AR-pattern firearm and the second one based on a direct-impingement operating system after the short-lived M468, chambered in 6.8mm SPC. The GFH MOD 4 features a medium latch on the left-hand side for right-handed shooters. Is it worth it? DD pro has a geiselle trigger. Budget is relative to what you are getting for the money. Copyright 1996-2023 AR15.COM LLC. Oct 12, 2021 I have both the LWRC and Geissele, can't comment on the DD. OOOhhh.RAH!! The significance of this design cannot be overstated, as it minimizes the motions required to operate the rifle while making it easier to run from either side. This charging handle is designed for shooters used to the standard manual of arms associated with military training. Bcm has their pnt trigger. This results in a civilian shooter who can appreciate the quality and accuracy of the Radian Model 1 and actually run the gun to its true capacity. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Add to Cart. An upgraded charging handle doesnt mean an extended charging handle, latch-less charging handle, or really anything crazy at all. Following the success of its initial collaboration with Vertx, Premier Body Armor announces its continued partnership. Triggers are about the same, DD comes with QD Mount at the bottom of the buffer tube. Fitted the DD with a Eotech 512 and a sling. Wedge lock handguard from mega/zev same as hodge and triarc. We hands-on tested almost all of them and chose our favorites for specific AR build needs. Made from 7075 Aluminum (the good stuff) the Breach has two sizes and two platforms on offer a large handle and a small handle for the AR-15 or the AR-10. If you are chasing this kind of build and still looking for a lightweight but functional charging handle, then the Radian LT is an excellent choice. The instructions explicitly say it's not for suppressed setups due to the increased gas blow-by, but not an issue for me. Customer service is very good as well, as I ordered something from a vendor, and when something wasnt right emailed both Radian and the vendor. This ambi charging handle sports two massive latches, and its simple to blade the weapon, even with an optic on the gun. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Ill probably be throwing a Nightforce NX8 or ATACR 1-8 on the RECCE rifle. The new REC7-DI comes with an upgraded Bravo Company charging handle that can handle high-stress shooting or a custom Radian Raptor ambidextrous charging handle. I would love to see your take on AR10 Charging handles. The, The lack of a latch is an interesting idea as it, The Latchless Charging Handle can be extended via a, If you are chasing this kind of build and still looking for a lightweight, Coming in at only 1.2 ounces the Radian LT is a, The Radian Raptor LT is lightweight, well-made, and priced well. Radians mission is clearly stated on the companys website: The design philosophy behind the Radian Model 1 is simple: Use the highest-quality raw materials, the most precise CNC machining equipment and the best components available to create a weapon that seamlessly blends form and function. For more information, visit radianweapons.com. WebADAC-15 Lower Receiver. Pluswe just really dig the look of these. The size and curve of the handles are a nice balance, not so big that they hang up on things, but big enough to be easier to grab than a stock charging handle. (Special Purpose Cartridge), .300 Blackout cartridge and for the ubiquitous 5.56mm NATO ammunition. Then we have the ambidextrous Talon safety selector, which can be customized with either 90- or 45-degree levers. Many are much better. Keep Reading. For right around $30, you get an excellent charging handle that takes the best features of the Standard ARCH and makes it a little quicker and easier to grasp. The semi-automatic REC7 is offered in a 5.56 NATO and the 6.8mm Special Purpose Cartridge (SPC) with a medium-contour 16-inch barrel. That's not a shot at BCM, just a truth about DD. WebRadian Raptor vs DD Grip & Rip Charging Handle Comparison. The Radian Raptor LT is made from 7075 aluminum and is hard anodized with a Mil-Spec Type 3 finish. Pistol Grip on the DD is more straight up but gets fat later on vs the LWRC stock magpul rubber grip. That being said, BCM is good and their customer service is really responsive. The GRIP-N-RIP is engineered for suppressed fire, with anti-gas features that redirect gas flow upward and away from the face and away from the operator. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Disappointed it's not even on the list let alone #1 which is should be. They install quickly and are like $10. *Bullet weight measured in grains, velocity in fps by chronograph and accuracy in inches for three 5-shot groups at 100 yards. Being a lifelong firearms enthusiast, Hrachya always enjoys studying the history and design of guns and ammunition. Its a bit hard to get a good grip on with gloves, but thats what the large handle is for. Each side features a latch that releases the charging handle with ease. Also, any info on a side charger? The only trouble for me is, as best I can tell, their barrels are all stainless steel. The Radian Raptor allows that to be possible. The Radian Model 1 is a gun for any shooter who demands a rifle worthy of their skills. The radian looks cool, but it is made by another company that is rebranded. Be interested to see how the new ambi ArmaSpec stacks up. Dd hands down is better I have a recce and v7 the extra few hundred for dd well worth it for starters chf barrel standard my brz bcm no t marks dd mill spec color t marks dd fore grip included bcm nothing dd ambidextrous bcm not bcm charging handle completely shit dd charging handle better not best but much better Personally regret the recce my opinion basically a M&p 15 sport would better$ spent. Thanks! Travis Pike is a Marine infantry veteran, firearms enthusiast, and NRA certified instructor. The lack of a latch allowed me to load the gun from either side with ease. Both have them on the stock and foreend. My experience is non suppressed shooting. As a left handed shooter I appreciate having at least one ambi charging handle detailed. AR15.COM is the world's largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. What do you think? Great quality and pray you never have to disassemble one. Are there dislikes? Barrett Firearms Mfg. Barrett Rec 7 Review: Gen 2 DI & 6.8 (2023) The applications of a rifle with this capacity are endless. The price is identical both for AR-15 and AR-10 versions. *Disclaimer* We are in no way associated with the firearms manufacturer: Barrett Firearms Manufacturing (https://barrett.net/). Like the Strike ARCH, this is 7075 T6 aluminum charging handle, and the finish is slick. My friend Rex Nanorum over at The Loadout Room built a lightweight AR under 6 pounds when its outfitted with a suppressor and optic. Radian Model 1 Specs Radian Model 1 Performance *Bullet weight measured Geissele Automatics, well known for their triggers, didnt take long to move into other accessories. This makes shooting your suppressed AR a much lovelier experience. Maybe try reading comprehension. Always a reliable load, this ammunition is designed to shoot well in any gun. the fact that the top 3 were all made by Strike Industries really makes me question whether or not I should take this website seriously anymore. Plus, it just feels nice, really lovely. Radian prices their rifles the way they do because folks that don't know any better will judge a product by the price tag. What about the Geissele Airborne charging handle, which leaves the rest of them in the dust? Taylors & Company FS Tactical 1911: Now in 10mm! guns & Delivering optimal reliability and accuracy, the free-floating barrel is equipped for an array of various ammo. The black nitride-coated gas block with a gas plug allows the gun to be tuned for suppressed or unsuppressed shooting. Or do you not use rifles for serious purposes so "range toy" level quality is an acceptable outcome? People facing real fights would be well served to take a long, hard look at the Radian Model 1. The Daniel Defense barrel should offer greater accuracy over a standard Army issue rifle barrel, likely minute of angle or better. So far, no problems with it. So it was time for me to find out for myself. If we are going to name the lighter-weight choice, we WebAero precision breach ODG vs Radian Raptor, DD Daniel defense GRIP-N-RIP, Warhammer charging handle Hong Kong Gun Guy 635 subscribers Subscribe 3.5K views For example, REC7 DI combines the companys upgraded nickel boron bolt carrier groups with free-floating, match-grade barrels profiled and chambered in-house for tighter quality control and maximizing the weapons accuracy potential. vs Daniel Defense The SCH is on the upper end of the price scale but is sturdy and should provide years of service. Daniel Defense has announced that the GRIP-N-RIP charging handle that was previously seen in new DD5 rifle models, is now available separately. I've been real happy with everything yall have suggested. Its obvious that a lot of work went into the design. We'll send you the latest guides and training tips geared Its not often that you see a firearms technique incorporated into the design of a part. The Aero Precision charging handle is one of my favorite all-around charging handles ever. If youre in the cold often or wear gloves either way then the large handle has a lot more meat for you to get your digits around. POF, BCM, or Daniel Defense? | Sniper's Hide Forum "Reliability" and "Value" seem to be poorly defined terms in this sub. Instead of just grabbing a random pin and throwing it in, Radian chose a dimpled pin so you can use a cartridge to drive the pin out. Operation is smooth and easy to open when you need it to be, although it does take a slightly different angle to actuate the latching system. This particular extended model is a little shorter than an inch past the main body of the charging handle. Original Radian Raptor. From talking with him, Ive learned that guys taking on these projects are looking to trim ounces, and even half ounces, as much as possible. This article is from the May/June 2018 issue of Tactical Life magazine. Formerly known as AXTS Weapon Systems, Radian Weapons has taken a path toward perfecting the AR-15. They are ambitious and seem to be out of the way, All I run is a non reciprocated mean say charging handle on my lower sometimes an ambidextrous sling sometimes the right side of my knee but I'll never go back to a regular charging handle I think it's easier to clear quicker but you don't have your forward assist they can sometimes get in the way of an object with the magnifier behind it it's just all around a much simpler and easier and quicker for me but everybody's different. WebPISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding Made in the USA! How is the intermediate gas system compared to the mid length? We already have an account registered for email address A decade or so ago, Barrett launched the first rifle with a very nice REC7 series Ars line. This is especially true when it comes to using the charging handle with an optic. Further, Barretts high-strength 9310 Enhanced steel bolt is matched with a purpose-built bolt carrier machined from a monolithic block of 8620 steel and coated with a nickel-boron layer. The general civilian market will welcome this rifle, too. Everything about this rifle screams professional. That's why I spent $6 on a MFT Extended Latch and installed in on the milspec changing handle I had. The extended charging handles are big enough to allow a blading technique for those of us with tough hands. This is the part of the review where I normally talk about things Id change or add. Weve been testing the Jackal-X for a while now and have come to appreciate its simple yet brilliant design. Along with a direct-impingement design based on a lengthened gas system for reliability with or without a suppressor, the new REC7 DI arrived with an extended slimline Barrett handguard to provide a comfortable handhold. I've got an LMT and Radian. One detraction from this design is that the extended portion of the handle is only on the left-hand part of the charging handle. He also writes for OvertDefense.com and SilahReport.com Its one of the best I have ever runequal travel backward and forward with a crisp 3-pound break. It is also reinforced with high-strength reinforced polymer for saving weight but maintaining strength. A textured grip is excellent for clearing jams when your hands are sweaty or if you are wearing gloves. The barrel is made of 416R stainless steel with a polished crown and feed ramps, and youll find 1/228-tpi threading up front so you can add various brakes and suppressors. Daniel Defense M4 V7 SBR You reach some price threshold and you are in what I call "FN SCAR-ville" and at that point I can't justify an AR. The actual handles of this charging handle have serrations both on the front and rear portion which should provide a solid purchase on the handle for reliably gripping and ripping it. Also worth considering fn 15 tac ii. If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with DD since their barrels are at least somewhat accurate. You can also find more info on Barret Rifles here. Daniel Defense uses their proprietary Grip-N-Rip, while Maxim employs a Radian Raptor-LT. Question about the Strike Latchless Charging Handle. The most significant innovation, the piston gas system, is placed in the upper receiver. All the aluminum parts feature Type III hard coat anodized finish of black color. I hate money so I have both. Radian Raptor is clearly the best. A community to discuss Daniel Defense rifles. The REC7 Gen II is Barretts third AR-pattern rifle chambered in 5.56mm NATO or 6.8 SPC and available with either 9.25- or 16-inch barrels. Blading is when you are catching the charging handle with your palm and rapidly pull it rearward. The first three listed were made by Strike, the list is not in order of best to worst. Radian Raptor. It says on their website "Not for use on SBRs or pistol length barrels (<14.5")", but you mention it working great on a 7.5" pistol. It excels for those of us whove spent a little time in the armed forces. Barrett dropped the nine-inch cumbersome Daniel Defense Omega-X handguard to cut some weight and installed the new Gen II handguard built in-house designed with the now-prolific KeyMod system. It features a checkered texture inside the handles to greatly aid with grip, even in poor conditions or while wearing gloves. There is a couple of them I think, the one I've seen the most is the HABU MOD 1 for $65 at Brownells. I always enjoy your reviews . By redesigning how the levers work to release the latch, X2 Dev Group flipped the pivot points in the unlocking system to deliver several benefits. The 5.56 option fits all AR-15 pattern rifles, and the 7.62 option fits all DD5 and all DPMS Gen 1 length AR-10 rifles. Anyone got any feedback on radian BCGs? My first thought goes to police designated marksmen. Besides their own designs and production, Barrett also acquires top-notch parts from proven companies, like a BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 (medium) charging handle or one of the best flip-up iron sights on the market from Precision Reflex.