However, we are just going to query for values and enumerate subkeys. Do you mean this method? To do this, kind run the command below. How can I use Windows PowerShell to see hotfixes that were installed on my computer Summary: Learn how to copy Windows PowerShell profiles from your computer to SkyDrive. If you save it as a file, import it using Import-Module. Such is the case for sys admins when determining what software is currently configuring a server. NID - Registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user's device. Recently I had a GivEnergy battery fitted to the at the house. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. The output will vary as it depends upon the application installed on your system or the system sitting remotely. My daily responsibilities keep me involved with Active Directory, supporting Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, and various, For instance, let us talk about the task of determining which applications are installed on a system. You could also press the Press Windows key + I on your keyboard to open Settings and then click on Apps to view the list of Apps & features. In addition, because I prefer working with the ISE environment, I have a modified version of Seans script that I store in a central location and refer back to whenever I need an updated list of installed applications on our servers. Using each registry values name as a property and the actual data for the property value. I believe you can leverage .NET to get remote access to the registry without WinRM using the "Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey" class, but as you are new to . Until then, peace. One other possibly less obvious and slightly more complicated option is diving into the registry. This command prompts you to provide the specified user's password. Parameters-AdditionalArguments <String[]> Default value is None How do I align things in the following tabular environment? You may have to set the section policy to any of these modes as discussed these guide How to set the PowerShell Execution Policy via Windows Registry, how to set PowerShell Execution Policy via Windows Settings, and how to set Execution Policy via Windows PowerShell. Depending on the way in which the software installed, the software can be found in one of three different registry keys: HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall or HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall So! How to i get powershell to only put the etcetc in a string. elements because, by default, event logs are set to overwrite the oldest records To view the list of installed programs, kindly refer to this guide for more information: How to query a list of installed programs in Windows via Windows Settings, Control Panel, WMIC, PowerShell and Windows Registry. $Connection = Get-Credential -Credential $User being very easy, this method has a major downside it takes quite a while to I now have all the code I need to execute on the remote computer. Is this possible? Finding the best solution to a problem is one of the goals that I think drives many people who are successful at what they do. Required fields are marked *. Check installed software with remote registry query This would not a terrible thing to do in your dev or test environment. A sample query is as follows: We can check a users event log remotely by adding a single attribute (-ComputerName) to the cmdlet used before: If we apply a certain software version via GPO, then we can easily check if this GPO was successfully applied to a user or not. Get installed software list with remote Get-WmiObject command The below cmdlet is the easiest one but can take some time to finish: Get-WmiObject Win32_Product -ComputerName $pcname | select Name,Version where $pcname is the name of the computer we want to query. Microsoft Scripting Guy, Ed Wilson, is here. Product Name: . Put us all together on the same sheet of music, and we have the potential for some awesome melodies. However, I would not recommend querying, My modified version of Seans script creates a, . $Install_soft @ChrisCaviness - I don't see any haxxoring here; he's looking for the INSTALLED programs, not the RUNNING programs. Once the WMIC prompt opens, type /output:C:\list.txt product get name, version then hit enter. Here is are some commands to remotely query the list of installed applications and also by Vendor as you wish. Type exit to close the WMIC tool once you're done. Simply call this method on your program to uninstall it. An interface called WMI offers a number of Windows management features. Today, well take a look at how to get the list of all installed software using PowerShell. Each of the methods mentioned above can also be used to check software installed on other machines in the same network. I can now look for keys that have user SIDs in them and add them to the array I created earlier. This command will get all of the installed programs on the local machine and return all of the properties retrieved by the command. Your email address will not be published. When I am done, I simply output the array and pass it through a Where-Object to display only those entries with something in the DisplayName. Your email address will not be published. This will connect WMI Explorer to the local computer. tasklist By runningRead More The Windows PowerShell Registry provider lets you get, add, change, clear, and delete registry keys, entries, and values in Windows PowerShell. We will keep your servers stable, secure, and fast at all times for one fixed price. Description: The Windows Installer service entered the running state. Any other messages are welcome. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. List installed programs on remote computers with PowerShell, Disable Windows 10 telemetry with a PowerShell script. the cmdlet used before: If you applied Login to edit/delete your existing comments, Thank you! quick look at the HKLM element bolded above. PowerShell: Get a list of installed software remotely Get installed software list with remote Get-WmiObject command. ) However just calling wmic product get name will get you a list of application names, that you can easily copy paste to a text editor and convert to spreadsheet format. Scoping out the registry, we can find two paths that holds all of the data we need for software. One of my favorite alternatives involved suggestions from Knut Johansen and Mike Crowley: use the PS Registry Provider. I created the procedure below to get the list of the installed programs on a remote machine. + CategoryInfo : OpenError: (pc0013:String) [], PSRemotingTransportException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : AccessDenied,PSSessionStateBroken. It is possible to remotely find the list of installed software on other machines. These cookies are used to collect website statistics and track conversion rates. This method Until then, peace. Recently I came across a forum question where I have seen people using Win32_Product WMI class to get the installed installed applications list from remote . First, the different registry locations. Syntax On Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, and newer operating systems, querying Win32_Product will trigger Windows Installer to perform a consistency check to verify the health of the application. Say I want to only report on a specific server. The Get-ItemProperty cmdlet is a great tool because its designed to work with data that is exposed by any provider. Microsoft Scripting Guy Ed Wilson here. Dont use WMI. Reconfiguration success or error status: 0. Why is there a voltage on my HDMI and coaxial cables? Log on to your Domain Controller and enter the following lines to install Firefox on CL01. if ($Connection -eq $null){ If youre familiar with the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) classes and the wealth of information that can be gathered by utilizing the Get-WmiObject cmdlet, an obvious choice might be referencing the Win32_product class. $computers = Import-Csv D:\PowerShell\computerlist.csv, #Define the variable to hold the location of Currently Installed Programs, $UninstallKey=SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall, #Create an instance of the Registry Object and open the HKLM base key, $reg=[microsoft.win32.registrykey]::OpenRemoteBaseKey(LocalMachine,$computername), #Drill down into the Uninstall key using the OpenSubKey Method, #Retrieve an array of string that contain all the subkey names, #Open each Subkey and use GetValue Method to return the required values for each, $obj | Add-Member -MemberType NoteProperty -Name ComputerName -Value $computername, $obj | Add-Member -MemberType NoteProperty -Name DisplayName -Value $($thisSubKey.GetValue(DisplayName)), $obj | Add-Member -MemberType NoteProperty -Name DisplayVersion -Value $($thisSubKey.GetValue(DisplayVersion)), $obj | Add-Member -MemberType NoteProperty -Name InstallLocation -Value $($thisSubKey.GetValue(InstallLocation)), $obj | Add-Member -MemberType NoteProperty -Name Publisher -Value $($thisSubKey.GetValue(Publisher)), $array | Where-Object { $_.DisplayName } | select ComputerName, DisplayName, DisplayVersion, Publisher | ft -auto. The first I am currently a senior systems administrator with the Department of the Army. This consistency check could cause a repair installation to occur. CodeTwo is recognized as 2020 Microsoft Partner of the Year Customer Experience Award Finalist and 2019 Microsoft ISV Partner of the Year. sp. Now, if we wanted to parse that for just the ```DisplayName`` we could: Is RegistryKey which, apparently, doesnt play well with the pipeline because it functions similar to a hashtable which requires us to access key value pairs instead of properties. Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The Windows Remote Management (WinRM) is the Microsoft implementation ofWS-Management Protocol, a standard Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)-based, firewall-friendly protocol that allows hardware and operating systems, from different vendors, to interoperate. Click to see full answer Is there a way to see what processes are running on a remote computer? Office hours, holidays, phone numbers, email, address, bank details and press contact information. The key referred to is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall. This changeset implements an install-time version-check for tortoisegit, intended to allow package installs/upgrades to succeed when the packaged software version is already installed.This should gracefully handle both new package installs for pre-existing installations, as well as software upgrades that happen outside of Chocolatey. Adam Bertram is a 20-year IT veteran, Microsoft MVP, blogger, and trainer. finish: where The Scripting Wife and I were lucky enough to attend the first PowerShell User Group meeting in Corpus Christi, Texas. This will locate any vendor with a V in its name. smartlookCookie - Used to collect user device and location information of the site visitors to improve the websites User Experience. And there we have itan easy method to report installed software! I am running below script [emailprotected]() $InstalledSoftwareKey=SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall $InstalledSoftware=[microsoft.win32.registrykey]::OpenRemoteBaseKey(LocalMachine,$pcname) $RegistryKey=$InstalledSoftware.OpenSubKey($InstalledSoftwareKey) $SubKeys=$RegistryKey.GetSubKeyNames() Foreach ($key in $SubKeys){ $thisKey=$InstalledSoftwareKey+\\+$key $thisSubKey=$InstalledSoftware.OpenSubKey($thisKey) $obj = New-Object PSObject $obj | Add-Member -MemberType NoteProperty -Name ComputerName -Value $pcname $obj | Add-Member -MemberType NoteProperty -Name DisplayName -Value $($thisSubKey.GetValue(DisplayName)) $obj | Add-Member -MemberType NoteProperty -Name DisplayVersion -Value $($thisSubKey.GetValue(DisplayVersion)) $list += $obj } $list | where { $_.DisplayName -like mozilla*} | select ComputerName, DisplayName, DisplayVersion | FT, Can i ask your help on how to get same result from a list of PC in my office network? Here you can find the list of all installed apps including modern UWP apps from the Microsoft Store. I was introduced to VBScript in 2000, and scripting became a regular obsession sometime in 2005. In the following example, I use the Get-ItemProperty cmdlet to return values from the Uninstall Registry Key within the HKEY LOCAL MACHINE (HKLM) Registry Provider, selecting specific properties and then formatting output. Get-WmiObject Win32_Product -ComputerName $pcname | select Name,Version, Sure you can. But first, lets have a quick refresher on what initially prompted this discussion. [Need any further assistance with PowerShell queries? If youre familiar with the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) classes and the wealth of information that can be gathered by utilizing the. The Registry provider lets you access a hierarchical namespace that consists of registry keys and subkeys.