Safe to say, Pauls ever-devoted fans were over the moon for him on this career news. We wish Paul the very best of luck and hope to work with him again in the future., Paul OGrady: Im not worried about sex, money or fame I just want a mongoose, Sign up to First Edition, our free daily newsletter every weekday morning at 7am BST, Original reporting and incisive analysis, direct from the Guardian every morning, Paul O'Grady: I feel that now is the right time to go., KenBruces Radio 2 departure handled badly, says Simon Mayo, KenBruce says BBC has hastened his Radio 2 exit, Vernon Kay confirmed as new host of Ken Bruces BBC Radio 2 slot, Its like signing Messi: Ken Bruces move a coup for Greatest Hits Radio, KenBruce to leave BBC for new radio show, BBClocal radio stations face big cuts to content made for their area, Radio presenter Tim Gough dies during breakfast show, Michael Gove lined up to become presenter on News UKs Times Radio, Steve Wright signs off from Radio 2 afternoon show after 23 years. If you do try a Blue Motorcycle, please drink responsibly, Paul OGrady and producer Malcolm discuss the merits of another birthday, Paul OGrady responds to a request from a loyal listener. I go in a hotel room and I look at the bed and I think, Hmm, how many people have slept in this before me? Even in a posh hotel I think that. Ticket includes the latest edition of Eddie Albert & The Amazing Animal Gang - The Curse of the Smugglers' Treasure (Out Now) @HarperCollinsCh. And now we have Vernon Kay, who will take the helm of the midmorning show in May, while Sounds of the 80s Gary Davies keeps the seat warm in the interim. Paul O'Grady net worth: How presenter made multi-million pound fortune Veteran DJ Tony Blackburn has also complained about his Golden Hour show being shunted to Sunday nights. It isnt an easy balancing act, but this shifting landscape will no doubt kick Radio 2 into gear. Paul O'Grady leaves Sunday Radio 2 show after 14 years The news comes after a recent change up at the station saw O'Grady sharing his . The comedian, 67, has hosted a Sunday afternoon programme on the UKs most popular radio station for the last 14 years. They have to be. "I ended up talking to my pigs!" Tweets. Fans greeted the news of his replacement with mixed reviews and branded BBC bosses' decision 'classless', but appearing on The Zoe Ball Breakfast Show this morning, Kay paid tribute to his predecessor. All rights reserved. So, all being well and providing Im not in India or Borneo, travel restrictions permitting, I should be back some time in May. Paul O'Grady has announced that he will be departing his BBC Radio 2 show after 14 years in the job. Youll get a dog coming in thats in a terrible state and terrified of its own shadow. His replacement, Vernon Kay, has been met with scepticism, and so the whole palaver has cemented one prevailing narrative: that we are witnessing the demise of Radio 2. Sex and the City icon Kim Cattrall responded to Pauls post to say: Rest well alongside a lipstick kiss emoji. An industry insider said the move by the BBC made the broadcaster look 'very ungracious' about Bruce's 'decades of service'. Paul O'Grady said in a statement on Tuesday he "loved" doing his Sunday afternoon show but feels it is the "right time to go" Radio 2 announces today that presenter Paul O'Grady has decided to leave his Sunday afternoon show on the network. To view this content choose accept and continue. Schedule. Paul O'Grady has revealed his disappointment over Radio 2 being "on a quest for a younger audience", Andrea McLean bedridden as she admits 'I've been poorly for so long', Dan Walker explains why he didn't use cycle lane after accident, Paul O'Grady's Radio 2 departure came the year after a long and difficult lockdown, Madonna speaks out for first time since death of brother Anthony, Paul O'Grady still presents to present the popular series For The Love of Dogs, Gemma Atkinson shares fears for new baby after Mia's traumatic birth, Emmerdale's Laura Norton and Mark Jordon share kids' genetic condition, Victoria Beckham allegedly embarrassed by Nicola's wedding drama, EastEnders star Charlie Brooks loses battle with neighbours, Courteney Cox reacts to Prince Harry's claim he did mushrooms at house, Louise Minchin gave up sport 30 years ago over changing bodyshape, Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford share rare snaps with son on birthday, Amazon's 'cheap to run' heated airer is reduced to under 50 in sale, Dom Joly's phone confiscated on work trip to 'totalitarian state', Brooklyn Beckham unveils tattoo 'addiction' with 70 honouring wife, Jeremy Clarkson brutally mocks Richard Hammond in height jibe, Jennifer Lawrence nearly bares all in braless party outfit, Anton Du Beke addresses surprising impact of Brexit on Strictly. 'Obviously I am over the moon and so are my parents and Tess and the kids, but it's the Ken Bruce show and the man has raised the bar so high that I'm just so excited to be able to take the reins. Wonderful news and love to you both, another added. . "I'll miss being a part of the Wogan House family, as well as the listeners and their lives. Read about our approach to external linking. Paul O'Grady | Tv-and-radio | The Guardian The 67-year-old broadcaster spoke out following the news Bruce was leaving the BBC . We wish Ken all the best for the future.. Paul O'Grady has addressed his BBC Radio 2 exit after 14 years. I had intended fulfilling my contract until the end of March but the BBC has decided it wants me to leave earlier. Scott Mills' departure from Radio 1 last year ruffled some feathers at its sister station, thanks to the long-time radio star replacing Steve Wright in the afternoons on Radio 2. O'Grady and Beckett had been swapping over every 13 weeks in the slot, after a shake-up to the station's schedule. Paul O'Grady has expressed his "disappointment" with BBC Radio 2, saying "it's not what it was". Paul OGrady reflects on another birthday, Paul OGrady recalls Malcolms movie career. The former Coronation Street star can still be heard on BBC Radio 6 Music each weekday (1-4pm) and on The Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show (Saturday nights, 6-9pm). The tv star will not be on the airwaves until May as Rob Beckett takes over his BBC Radio 2 slot. The 67-year-old has hosted the Sunday . Paul O'Grady claims that BBC Radio 2 'has changed' (Credit: ITV) Paul finished his stint on Radio 2 last August. It leaves a sour taste.'. BBC Radio 2 listeners are up in arms after hearing fan favourite Paul OGrady is being taken off air after 23 years to be replaced by younger comedian Rob Beckett. Returning to Wogan House for a week after a month of broadcasting the Piano Room sessions at Maida Vale provided a natural break. Last week, Bruce tweeted: 'I will be presenting my last show on Radio 2 next Friday. BBC Radio 2 confirmed the news that Paul O'Grady was leaving at approximately 11 am on Tuesday, 9 August 2022. To get the latest news from the capital visit Metro.co.uk's visitMetro's London news hub. Paul O'Grady on playing Miss Hannigan in Annie and leaving Radio 2 It's because I wasn't really happy with the 13 weeks on/13 weeks off business. Broadcaster Paul O'Grady has revealed his a next role after leaving BBC Radio 2 - and it's something very different. Fans reacted in horror at his shock news with actress Amanda Mealing branding the move by Radio 2 basses: a f**king farce. "Anyway, thanks very much and good luck to everyone on Radio 2 and long may you continue!". Paul O'Grady thanked his listeners and said he can now "run free" as he signed off from his final BBC Radio 2 show on Sunday. She was a little raggy thing when I got her but shes cock of the walk now. So no, Paul OGrady, Radio 2 isnt what it was, but nothing can stay the same for ever. Let's enjoy the week ahead!'. he reiterated. It was then announced Ken would be swapping the BBC for Bauer at the end of March, as it was revealed he would joining Greatest Hits Radio. TV host Paul OGrady, 67, on cooking a naughty breakfast in hotels, saying goodbye to Radio 2 and the joy of seeing rescue dogs rehomed. The exodus of stars from Radio 2 will see Ken Bruce walk away today after 31 years - joining the likes of Paul O'Grady, Steve Wright and Vanessa Feltz in moving on from the BBC station for pastures new. He is certainly not wrong there. 736K followers. (ITV/Getty/BBC) BBC Radio 2 has been undergoing somewhat of a facelift over the last few years. Paul admitted it was a "marriage of convenience", saying he wedded Teresa Fernandes in 1977 to stop her from being deported. He is certainly not wrong there. Paul O'Grady - Wikipedia Malcolm Prince. This has led to the departure of several older hosts, a shuffling of schedules and the introduction of new presenters such as DJ Spoony and Drag Race UK star Michelle Visage. Paul O'Grady will now present his 5pm-7pm show in two runs of 13 . 'Doing my best' Paul O'Grady breaks silence as BBC Radio 2 show off air Paul O'Grady - For the Love of Dogs (@RealPOGDogs) / Twitter To mark the occasion, Daily Star has taken a sneak-peek into his life. Paul O'Grady, Simon Mayo, and Ken Bruce are just some of the big names to exit Radio 2 in recent years. Bruce leaving is undoubtedly the end of an era, but that doesnt mean it spells the end of the station. A Romanian sausage dog, called Sausage, or Sos I couldnt think of a name for her. Paul O'Grady QUITS his Radio 2 show after 14 years in latest BBC shake-up. He attended Christian Brothers School and, after his graduation, worked as a clerk in a magistrate's court. ', The comments below have not been moderated, By Paul O'Grady FanClub (@PaulOGrady_FC) / Twitter Listen live. He's achieved fame uisin his comedic drag queen chairacter, "Lily Savage", an later becam weel kent for presentin TV programmes as himsel, sic as The Paul O'Grady Show . Comedy legend Paul O'Grady has been a regular Radio 2 host on Sunday afternoons since 2009 – but has been removed from airwaves by BBC bosses and fans are not happy about his replacement Earlier in the week, Radio 2 announced that the 67-year-old presenter Paul had decided to leave . Addressing the reaction on his weekend show, Steve told listeners of his Sunday Love Songs show: "Before we start the show proper, if I may, I'd just like to say thank you ever so much for all the messages that have come in, over the weekend after I announced on Friday on the afternoon that we are leaving the afternoon show. 'Returning to Wogan House for a week after a month of broadcasting the Piano Room sessions at Maida Vale provided a natural break. Paul O'Grady has finished his 14-year stint on Radio 2 and confirmed reports it was because he was unhappy about sharing his Sunday afternoon slot. The TV star described his show as a "Cinderella story" during which animals who were previously "scared of their own shadow" can be seen regaining confidence and happiness after being matched to the right loving families. Paul O'Grady - Wikipedia Paul O'Grady 'disappointed' with Radio 2 and fumes host shake-up 'doesn 'It is part of us, it is in our DNA - Ken Bruce is mid-mornings. Paul O'Grady has quit his BBC Radio 2 show after 14 years on air. Many other shows have also been moved on the station's schedule. Paul O'Grady reveals very different new role after leaving BBC Radio 2 We also may change the frequency you receive our emails from us in order to keep you up to date and give you the best relevant information possible. 1:05. Paul O'Grady has broken his silence after it was announced his BBC Radio 2 show was being taken off air until May..