Please turn on JavaScript and try again. But its still congested. Multiple intersections near the South Park neighborhood south of downtown Raleigh will see intersections closed while crews make water and sewer improvements. Some of the biggest road construction projects in Raleigh are several Tennessee. * In known extreme weather events or accidents, the map provider may still show green lines, even if lanes or the entire road is closed. Black lines or No traffic flow lines could indicate a closed road, but in most cases it means that either there is not enough vehicle flow to register or traffic isn't monitored. NCDOT: Traffic & Travel Information Black lines or No traffic flow lines could indicate a closed road, but in most cases it means that either there is not enough vehicle flow to register or traffic isn't monitored. Drivers traveling at night on Interstate 440 in Raleigh should prepare for a month of closures between Jones Franklin Road and Western Boulevard. 2023 Cox Media Group. Road closed due to construction work on Frankie St both ways between Golden Dr and Albert Dr. No through traffic allowed due to water main work on Craig Ave Northbound from Sharon Amity Rd to Litchfield Rd. Official N.C. Department of Transportation travel information, including road conditions, maps, ferry services, toll roads, rest areas, severe weather. "The number of drivers on I-26 and across western North Carolina will be higher than normal," Franklin said. Turning the road into a freeway between Durant and the N.C. 98 Bypass in Wake Forest also has been pushed back three years, to 2027. Constructions along I-77 in North Carolina - Roadnow West. I-95 Real-Time Traffic. First, you can call toll-free at 866-282-5650. Crews are also doing similar maintenance work at the crossings on Brick Street, Elm Avenue, Holding Avenue and Friendship Chapel Road. Stationary traffic on I-77 N from exit [16B] to Gilead Rd exit [23] due to accident. Delays are expected in both directions during holiday travel this week. Lane Closed on NC-109 (NC 109) In Thomasville / Heading North, Shoulder Closed on I-85 Near Lexington / Mile Marker 98 Heading South. Charlotte Traffic Maps WSOC-TV - WSOC TV Crews will be replacing the 56-year-old bridge on I-40 over Harmon Den Road and Cold Springs Creek in Haywood County. Raleigh, NC 27699-1501. Were making a number of adjustments to projects to reflect the reality of our funding situation, Fox said. Road blocked due to weather on Moorehouse Rd both ways from River Beach Ln to Money Branch Rd. 1-877-368-4968). Welcome, NC Traffic and Road Conditions - LocalConditions.com * In known extreme weather events or accidents, the map provider may still show green lines, even if lanes or the entire road is closed. How to use the Welcome Traffic Map But Hopkins expects traffic will rebound, particularly as the Triangle continues to attract new residents and businesses. Pineville-Matthews Road at Echo Forest Drive is closed in both directions following the crash, according to police. Average NC teacher pay is nearly $58,000, state says. No driver should take any exit between Newport, Tenn. and Asheville to traverse mountain roads. Huntson Reserve Rd Road is closed from Laura Michelle Rd to Ranson Rd due to roadwork. ASHEVILLE Digital signs posted several counties away are warning of delays on Interstate 40 in the Pigeon River Gorge. All Rights Reserved. Charlotte traffic news, accidents, congestion and road construction from WCNC in Charlotte, North Carolina. Drivers traveling eastbound on U.S. Highway 70 in Johnston County could face a longer commute this week. The North Carolina Department of Transportation delays dozens of Triangle highway, bridge and . Crews will be replacing the 56-year-old bridge on I-40 over Harmon Den Road and Cold Springs Creek in Haywood County. Click an incident icon on the map to get more information. Current I-40 Asheville North Carolina Road Conditions I-77 North Carolina Road Conditions Watauga County traffic updates reporting highway and road conditions with real-time interactive map including flow, delays, accidents, construction, closures, traffic jams and congestion, driving conditions, text alerts, gridlock, and live cameras for the Watauga County area including US 1 and the I-95 corridor. Write your own Greenville, North Carolina report, forecast, or traffic update: E-mail: will not be posted, shared or used for marketing! What to know about daylight saving time in NC, Goofy dog had no adoption inquiries for months. Traffic flow lines: Red lines = Heavy traffic flow, Yellow/Orange lines = Medium flow and Green = normal traffic or no traffic*. He said the pandemic has temporarily reduced traffic and perhaps the perception that some of these projects are needed right away. Update on Beltway Construction around Winston Salem NC All assets associated with the tag: road construction. Learn about careers at Cox Media Group. But the good news is that all the segments of the project are on the same timetable. Click or touch the map to move in different directions. "Probably 15 to 20 minutes more," Fredi said. The new bridge will be built to modern industry standards and include. VEHICLE CRASH 77 NB MM 20.2 NEAR HAMBRIGHT ROAD THAT HAS BOTH TOLL LANES BLOCKED AND 2 LEFT GENERAL PURPOSE LANES BLOCKED. The NCDOA State Construction Office oversees the planning, design and construction of more than 4,400 state facilities across North Carolina, including the university and community college system. If you do not see any markers on the map, try zooming in one or two levels using "+" on the top left side. According to a third-party company hired by the city, the average road condition scored 69 out of 100. Drivers should prepare for a major traffic shift around the North Carolina State Fairgrounds beginning this weekend. What's happening on Interstate 95 RIGHT NOW! JavaScript Required JavaScript must be enabled to use some features of this site. They include the conversion of U.S. 1 to a freeway between Raleigh and Wake Forest; the widening of U.S. 64/264 between Wendell and Zebulon; and the reconstruction of the Raleigh Beltline interchange with Glenwood Avenue near Crabtree Valley Mall. NCDOT: I-40 Corridor: Triangle Improvements By using this website, you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad Choices. . I-40 North Carolina real time traffic, road conditions, North Carolina constructions, current driving time, current average speed and North Carolina accident reports. NCDOT now expects to begin construction on the final leg of N.C. 540 between Knightdale and Interstate 40 near Garner in 2026 instead of 2029. Latest News. Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Cookies, Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read our. Eastern Wake 540 has a funding source as a turnpike that other projects do not, said Joe Milazzo, executive director of the Regional Transportation Alliance, a program of the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce. Click an incident icon on the map to get more information. Real-time traffic information is available at, For drivers, some days the best option will be to go north to Kingsport (Tenn.), said NCDOT Regional Intelligent Traffic Systems Engineer Chad Franklin. All Rights Reserved. Locate contact information for NCDOT employees, local offices, and more. Drivers have two good options: participate in the zipper merge approaching the work zone or travel on I-26 and I-81 through Kingsport, an option that adds about 45 minutes to a typical commute between Asheville and the I-40/I-81 interchange. NCDOTs financial problems forced it to delay several projects in the Triangle a year ago. road construction delays vary by country. NCDOT and Tennessee Department of Transportation officials have been coordinating on a traffic management plan for anticipated major delays. Traffic flow lines: Red lines = Heavy traffic flow, Yellow/Orange lines = Medium flow and Green = normal traffic or no traffic*. Work began on Monday, Oct. 31. All Rights Reserved. Current I-77 Charlotte North Carolina Road Conditions Along Pea Ridge Road, Performance Equine Veterinary Clinic has been open for less than a year, but under the current DOT's phase 2 plans, it could be forced to close its doors. Also, hospitals during the coronavirus outbreak. Current I-26 Asheville North Carolina Road Conditions I-26 North Carolina Road Conditions Statewide (5 DOT Reports) DOT Accident and Construction Reports US-25 S Road is closed from Asheville Hwy to I-26 E. TYPE: Miscellaneous - 26 Asheville, NC Traffic I-26 Asheville, NC in the News I-26 Asheville, NC Accident Reports This story was originally published October 8, 2020, 12:39 PM. DriveNC.gov | North Carolina Traffic & Travel Information The largest share, $425 million, came from the Highway Trust Fund, reducing the amount available to build and improve roads. 1-877-DOT-4YOU ( Celebrating #WomensHistoryMonth The North Carolina Department of Transportation plans to resurface a five-mile section of the Beltline around Raleigh between Lake Boone Trail and Wake Forest Road. The office also provides architectural, engineering and inspection services necessary to implement improvements to all state buildings. I-95 Real-Time Traffic | Latest I-95 Traffic Info | I-95 Exit Guide