. hope the claim is denied and these idots pay for all the emergency services they used. Their travel horror story was caught on camera. The pilot reported no mechanical anomalies with the airplane that would have precluded normal operation. RIVERTON Tuesday morning was the moment Gentry Mikesell had been waiting for. The pilot, Shad Feild, and his wife were also in the. It took about 12 seconds from that point to the time we touched down, said Betsey Mikesell, explaining that they only had moments to brace for impact. The airplane's forward fuselage and cabin area were crushed upwards and the engine was partially separated from the airplane. MOUNTAIN HOME, Utah (KSL) A small plane carrying six people crashed near Moon Lake in Duchesne County on Friday, and miraculously, everyone survived. Shads wife Jazyln broke her arm and wrist. If theres one thing the family said it has learned through all of this, its that there is good in the world. However, their marriage details are unknown. She did $250K the whole year, $1.8 million the second, and over $3.5 million last year. From the video posted, pilot did not lean his mixture for taxi 4:42. Airplane Rating(s): Single-engine land; Multi-engine land, Flight Time: 2798 hours (Total, all aircraft), 101 hours (Total, this make and model), 1567 hours (Pilot In Command, all aircraft), 13 hours (Last 90 days, all aircraft), 1 hours (Last 30 days, all aircraft), 1 hours (Last 24 hours, all aircraft), Airworthiness Certificate: Experimental light sport (Special), Date/Type of Last Inspection: June 4, 2020 Condition, Airframe Total Time: 455.1 Hrs at time of accident, ELT: C126 installed, activated, did not aid in locating accident, Conditions at Accident Site: Visual (VMC), Observation Facility, Elevation: KAGC,1273 ft msl, Distance from Accident Site: 10 Nautical Miles, Precipitation and Obscuration: No Obscuration; No Precipitation, VFR Approach/Landing: Full stop; Traffic pattern, Latitude, Longitude: 40.210834,-79.828613(est). Wear all your seatbelts people! The group said they were out flying near Moon Lake on Friday morning. As far as we know, it wasnt an emergency landing.. The second option was an open field. A water landing with gear up might have meant fewer injuries, but who knows? The plane sank into the water right after the crash and the man was able to get himself out before we got there. The plane has a useful load around 1700 lbs. As other have said where the damn shoulder harness! but that's not correct, he says "it's going to be hard!! The aeroplane could have been landed and flown out of that field if he had just ensured he didn't stall. I didnt want to flip over and hurt the people in the back., For some reason in my mind, I was just so calm, Mikesell said. Ponzo with saving the mans life. If you would easily land at the beach and let the landing gear retracted, you and your plane wouldnt have any scratch. When I came over the corner over the lake, there was a lot of wind coming at me, which isnt normally a big deal, Feild said. It kept running, but there was just no power.. The beach coast ran from Pensacola to Panama City and there were few areas in that 80 mile stretch where there were no people on it. In an engine-out emergency you could trade airspeed and altitude to get yourself down to a safe landing. It's a standard crash - engine failure and he handled it about as well as possible. Yes it will, but a dead engine on an airplane does not have a horn to honk, as it glides silently over the beach and some folks might be walking the beach in the same direction. The airplane was operated as a Title 14 Code of Federal Regulations Part 91 personal flight. According to state police, the ultralight was approximately 1,000 feet above the bay when the engine stopped. Some think this was staged. The pilot reported that the engine experienced a loss of power during a turn over mountainous terrain. Betsy Mikesell, co-founder of Beddy's, and her husband Gentry share with me their crazy story of getting on a small airplane and crash-landing, and the miracles that followed as her husband Gentry faced life-or-death circumstances - and is still learning to walk again today. Six people were on board the plane including Feild, his wife Jazlyn, their family friends Betsy and Gentry Mikesell, and their 16-year-old teenage twin sons, Brock and Boston Mikesell. That pilot's landing skills are about as rusty as the zero key on my keyboard. The pilot was flown to Alpine, by DPS aircraft, and treated for injuries. Pilot..KLC, Gentry Mikesell's family posted a sofa chat youtube video about the crash. Because Shad was so calm, I just thought he was landing it. Sheriff Mueller said the cause of the accident remains undetermined. To do this, youll be trimming the nose down, not pulling up and riding near a stall. Other than that, pitching up all the way to the stall warning is of course a bad idea. The lack of seeking at least an instrument rating and his expired medical tell a deeper story of not really trying to improve over the year.As for the engine quitting a high density altitude with a too rich mixture can also shutdown a powerplant as I saw it happen many times, mostly for fuel injected engines.Another reason to always properly lean. FAA won't get involved unless there was a violation. Why did the engine stop producing sufficient power? Mikesell family plane crash cause. She married her teenage sweetheart Gentry Mikesell who is professionally worked as a managing partner for Moxie Logistics. Having this happen, like, I would never wish this upon anybody else, but Im grateful it happened to me because it changes the way you think and you dont take things for granted, said Gentry Mikesell. easy fiat money meets idocracy instagram society. I was spiritual, but this changes everything, said Gentry Mikesell. Betsy said Shad and Gentry both suffered T12 back injuries and remain hospitalized. Mueller said the investigation has been turned over to investigators with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and National Transportation Safety Bureau (NTSB). Brueggeman said Tuttle was a contract pilot flying for Aurora Cooperative when the accident occurred. Nose down to keep wing from stalling at any cost!! Why invent a story that the pilot is stale, sporadic and not improving? Engine won't make power at that altitude because of less air available without lessening the amount of fuel going to the engine. Aviation Accident Final Report - National Transportation Safety Board, Medical Certification: Class 3 With Waivers/Limitations, Last Flight Review or Equivalent: 12/22/2019, Flight Time: 247 hours (Total, all aircraft), 58 hours (Total, this make and model), 247 hours (Pilot In Command, all aircraft), 8 hours (Last 90 days, all aircraft), 3 hours (Last 30 days, all aircraft), 2 hours (Last 24 hours, all aircraft), Date/Type of Last Inspection: 01/07/2020, Condition, Airframe Total Time: 754 Hours at time of accident, Observation Facility, Elevation: KIML, 3273 ft msl, Distance from Accident Site: 6 Nautical Miles, Turbulence Type Forecast/Actual: None / None, Turbulence Severity Forecast/Actual: N/A / N/A, Precipitation and Obscuration: No Obscuration; No Precipitation, Latitude, Longitude: 40.406944, -101.617500. To RSVP email ben@jgpr.net. Mmm so is his medical expired? The fuel metering will be off to the rich side and the engine will drown in fuel and stop producing power. Observation Facility, Elevation: U67, 5105 ft msl, Distance from Accident Site: 29 Nautical Miles, Latitude, Longitude: 40.566944, -110.500278 (est). There was nowhere to land 45 seconds earlier. Here, critical components of the engine probably 'loaded up' with unburned deposits from habitual improper leaning, building up prior to this flight, and then it came time to choke down. mikesell family plane crashplymouth township mi police scanner. Also if you watch the whole video the engine was stalling a bit when he took off. Incipient spin. A witness that was located on airport property reported that he observed the airplane on short final, and the right main landing gear appeared to be retracted, but the left and nose landing gear appeared to be down. Plane crashes generate views. Conditions at Accident Site: Visual Conditions, Observation Facility, Elevation: HIB, 1353 ft msl, Distance from Accident Site: 14 Nautical Miles, Lowest Cloud Condition: Scattered / 5000 ft agl, Wind Speed/Gusts, Direction: 6 knots / , 200. I haven't heard much on how Shad is but poor Gentry! Just a few more feet before the wings stalled would have had them rolling out unscathed. Happen years back in Florida, pilot lived but killed a mom and kid. archived form does not constitute a republication of the story. https://ubmedia.biz/news/17182/pilot-who-crash-landed-plane-near-moon-lake-did-not-have-current-medical-certification/All those angels should have told him to keep the nose down! Someone else said that it looked like we were just being carried down to the ground, and I swear that is literally what happened., I lost my dad about four years ago, and I know that he helped, Feild said. Before Covid-19, his medical was valid for the remainder of February in 2015 plus 60 additional months, making the expiration date April 1, 2020.Then there is the Covid-19 relief extension SFAR, which adds three additional months, making his expiration date July 1, 2020. So I guess the answer is yes-- people outside of Youtubers do buy them. That is not an option, it is required. Probably a turbocharger issue. The airplane's forward fuselage and cabin area were crushed upwards and the engine was partially separated from the airplane. Mr A&P, if you read this again, what do you think:Why did the engine stop producing sufficient power? Reach out to them if you have any questions or would like a consult to see if this is something you would b. The prop was hanging down about 25 degrees below level. And worse, as Kelsey notes, the aircraft was banking just feet from the ground. Kattiness Everdeen wrote:YT randomly recommended the footage of their plane crash to me tonight. That was the crappiest landing attempt I have ever witnessed. Grapes, who was the planes sole occupant, suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia. 2015 - 2023 Here, critical components of the engine probably 'loaded up' with unburned deposits from habitual improper leaning, building up prior to this flight, and then it came time to choke down. During the descent, the aircraft flew into a strong headwind, and Feild responded with the application of throttle. Note the under wing mirror for visibility of landing gear. wtj5545k 20180423 diy lan I dont know what the issue was, Haas said. ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) - A crash involving two aircraft near Soldotna has resulted in the deaths of seven people, Alaska State Troopers said Friday afternoon. Gentry also has a broken femur, tibia, and shattered ankle. Despite their injuries, they said theyre grateful to be alive and for the help of first responders and the campers who ran to their aid. But since you paid it cash you won't need to pay it at all and just hire a competent pilot as "insurance" while you get experience in the bird but without coverage.This can work in an ideal world of course and hence why the feds and regs don't require any sort of insurance when owning an airplane unlike for cars. BUt ok nice you and your family are allive !! Airplane Rating(s): Single-engine land; Single-engine sea, Medical Certification: Class 3 With waivers/limitations, Last Flight Review or Equivalent: April 18, 2019, Flight Time: 215 hours (Total, all aircraft), 17 hours (Total, this make and model), 150 hours (Pilot In Command, all aircraft), 0.4 hours (Last 90 days, all aircraft), 0.4 hours (Last 30 days, all aircraft), 0.4 hours (Last 24 hours, all aircraft), Landing Gear Type: Retractable - Tricycle, Date/Type of Last Inspection: July 24, 2020 Annual, Airframe Total Time: 5267 Hrs as of last inspection, Observation Facility, Elevation: FHB,15 ft msl, Distance from Accident Site: 0 Nautical Miles, Departure Point: Fernandina Beach, FL (FHB), Latitude, Longitude: 30.613056,-81.46611(est), Cessna T210M Turbo Centurion, N761RG: Accident occurred August 07, 2020 in Hanna, Duchesne County, Utah, Nose Over: CubCrafters CC11-160 Carbon Cub SS, N321C; accident occurred August 09, 2020 at Rostraver Airport (KFWQ), Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, Bell 206B JetRanger III, N284S: Fatal accident occurred August 08, 2020 in Marathon, Brewster County, Texas, bighorn's population in Texas at 1,500 in 2018, during an interview with Outside Magazine, Accident occurred August 09, 2020 in Meredith Bay on Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire, Piper PA-32-300 Cherokee Six, N4079R: Accident occurred July 05, 2020 near Eveleth-Virginia Municipal Airport (KEVM), Minnesota, Van's RV-8, N508CM: Accident occurred July 17, 2020 in Grimes, Colusa County, California, Loss of Lift: Van's RV-6, N327WB; accident occurred July 25, 2020 in Imperial, Chase County, Nebraska, Abnormal Runway Contact: Piper PA-28R-201T Cherokee Arrow III, N31720; accident occurred July 25, 2020 at Fernandina Beach Municipal Airport (KFHB), Nassau County, Florida.