If you buy a comparably priced quality tequila, you will quickly realize this. Costco Anejo Tequila is my favorite Tequila and Ive tried just about every brand from $200 down. Sounds like youd be fun to hangout with in Mexico! Kirkland Signature Anejo roughly $46.68/1L. Fans of the aged tequilas, take note. Lindsey is based in Morgantown, West Virginia. This tequila is produced in the lowlands of the Jalisco region . ANEJO- Aged for 14 months, in used American whiskey barrels, it has a bourbon/oak nose, is overly sweet, soft and light and not that smooth on taste. The initial taste is a bit dry, but it holds a nice surprise. $57.99. Add to Wishlist. Casamigos Anejo Tequila - 750ml Bottle : Target "Our idea was to make the best-tasting, smoothest Tequila and Mezcal that didn't have to be covered up with salt or lime. sales tax. Find Casamigos. Kirkland Tequila | Cactus Restaurants Click Here to Sign Up for our Tastings Newsletter. It's not the worst tequila I have tried, but it is simply overpriced, overrated and to me has an artifical taste. Both have different fruits, confectioneries and spices in their respective tastes, with the 1800 Aejo displaying hints of cinnamon, candied pears, butterscotch and . Kirkland tequila anejo is made from 100% blue agave and is aged in oak barrels for a minimum of 12 months. Longtime friends George Clooney, Rande Gerber and Mike Meldman love Casamigos. Aged for 14 months gives this outstanding tequila a lingering smooth finish. After speaking with these brands and tasting all the tequilas mentioned, the list below are brands that passed my own personal test, and taste 100% additive free. A simple, watery, soft, non-complicated taste. Read: Kirkland Silver Tequila vs Other Tequilas, Average Price: Roughly at $29.49 /750ml (Total Wine). 1800 $10 Casa Noble $13 Don Julio $15 Don Abraham Organic $16 Patrn Sherry Cask $18 Fortaleza $20 Don Julio 1942 $35 . $20 for 1000ml is a $15 regular bottle. Kirkland tequila is a brand of tequila that is made for Costco. We live in Tlaquepaque, Jalisco. N0M 1416 CRT. After the fermentation process, the mixture will sit inside giant oak barrels, where it will age for at least a year until it hits the perfect flavors. Add to Cart. Happy birthday hope you have a wonderful day Love reading your posts. The fragrance of vanilla & brown sugar hits you first. points out of 100 on Ive previously reviewed the Kirkland Signature Silver Tequila which is my go to for margaritas but I decided to pick up this amber colored tequila to make golden margaritas and try it to review! Get menu, photos and location information for Beach Cafe in Kirkland, WA. 56.21 ex VAT (96.36 per litre) Add to Basket. By the way There is no shortage in my stocks. Casamigos Anejo | Total Wine & More Other Tequila Brands At Costco. Tastes of oak, vanilla, maybe some chocolate notes very smooth and mild in the mouth. Some people actually think it's the cat's meow, but I definitely don't. jealous. And while impressive, you might also be surprised to learn about the distillery behind the retailer's tequila. We love the scent of enticing rich vanilla with baked caramelized agave. Casamigos Tequila Anejo - Virginia It mellows the bite of the tequila without adding a lot of sweetness. They named it Casamigos, meaning "house of friends" for the two houses they built next door to each other in Mexico, which they have now sold. Because of the double-whammy of high agave prices and demand created by COVID-19, distilleries have been reluctant to put tequila into barrels (hoping the prices would come down first.) What we like about Don Pilar Aejo is the sweetness that reminds us of bourbon. I will be telling our customers about this site. It is a flavorful and complex aged tequila that falls into the sweeter side. Compared to what I can buy for less money, Casamigos is vastly inferior in my opinion. Once again. They are going top shelf, at home, Romaya says. Those who take a closer look at the label will notice that the tequila says it is "created by Fabrica de Tequilas Finos." 100% of the tequila used in Kirkland Signature A*ejo tequila comes from Jalisco, Mexico, and is blue in color. This bottle is perfect for sipping. It's your money, and if you really evaluate Casamigos, by comparing this to the others I mentioned I truly believe you would find Casamigos artificially smooth, with a terrible saccharin/sugary aftertaste, and not as bold, complicated, or flavorful as you thought. It has a pinch of caramel and has some hot numbing heat, some spice, light fruit, and light pepper. If you are the brand owner or marketer for this product, All expressions are produced to 40% abv and presented in a simple shaped bottle and a basic label, each numbered and signed. Therefore, you should expect to see supplies running low for brands who cannot source aejo from elsewhere. This product was purchased by Costcuisine for the purpose of producing this review. Reposado, Silver, and Anejo tequilas are the three main types of tequilas available in Kirkland. Ask around and look for more natural tasting tequilas, from respected distilleries. Finally, it must be aged in wooden casks for at least two years. Nothing on this website should be taken as professional advice and we always encourage responsible drinking. Will have to wait till my next Costco trip. Many new people to Tequila bought Casamigos, because they didn't know any better, and after hearing that it's somewhat drinkable and that George Clooney was involved, it got a pass (and still does) as a good tequila. EXTRA SLOW FERMENTATION: Our unique flavor is the result of a painstakingly slow process. 2023 STAR-K Website by Duvys MediaWebsite by Duvys Media There is no specific Kirkland tequila anejo equivalent, but there are a few brands that produce a similar product. Pedro Wolfe Feb 28th, 2023, 4:24 pm. Now the distilleries are frantically putting blanco into barrels, but it will take at least a year to get to aejo age. 4. Casamigos Tequila Aejo Get Free Shipping | Flaviar It is made from 100% blue agave and is aged for a minimum of 12 months in oak barrels. Costco Kirkland Signature Tequila Anejo reasonably priced, high quality, sipping tequila! Cambridge Wines. 8 Things You Should Know About Casamigos | VinePair I want to teach others what I know about ALL Agave spirits, keeping it simple and fun! Well, weve got you covered. Great article. Gerber is the successful owner of high-end bars and lounges, and Meldman is a real estate developer. Please select a store for online shopping. Reposado. Try it and tell me what you think. Average Price: Roughly at $47.99 / 750ml (Total Wine). Average Price: Roughly at $159.99 /750ml (Total Wine). Casamigos Anejo Tequila : The Whisky Exchange $65. The back of the bottle says it's made at Destileria Santa Lucia in Zapopan, NOM 1173. Please don't learn about quality tequila by falling for this hype, like other well marketed products out there. It has a taste of oak and smoke, giving the smooth finish a great transition. Even if you cant find your favorite aejos right now, the good news is there are a lot of brands on the market and not all are having supply issues. It is produced in Mexico by a company called Casa Noble. Its nice to see this bottle getting some love. Always stroll through the alcohol aisle as well. Add to wishlist. Casamigos Aejo Tequila - distiller Patron Aejo ($47.99-$77.85, 750 ml, 40%) 1800 Aejo ($ 37.99-$39.99, 750 ml, 38%) Casamigos Aejo and 1800 Aejo will definitely compete for a tequila pundit's liking. Kirkland Silver is double distilled from 100% Weber Blue Agave grown in the Highland region. Don Julio Gonzalez Real Tequila Extra Aejo is aged three to five years in American white-oak bourbon barrels for a golden spirit. I just have Kirkland, Casamigos, Sauza, and Patron :(. MAY YOU HAVE A SAFE, HAPPY & HEALTHY ONE! Costco Kirkland tequila anejo is made by the Costco company. Who Actually Makes Kirkland Tequila? - Mashed Many of these brands are actually well-known and popular brands, but not many know they are the creators behind Kirkland products. For example, we know that brands like Fortaleza, Tequileo, Patrn, and a few others included in our Premium Tequila Brand Partners list dont buy or sell to/from other distilleries. The 12 Best Aejo Tequilas to Drink in 2023 - Liquor.com SLOW COOKING: Our agave pias are roasted in a process that includes traditional brick ovens. Skip to content. Drove to NOLA from Texas to get my passport and picked up some It has a pinch of caramel and has some hot numbing heat, some spice, light fruit, and light pepper.I think it has a slight edge over the Reposado. Olmeca Altos Aejo Tequila. They are a fairly large scale contract distiller, and they have a Diffusor on site (which doesn't mean this is Diffusor made, but it also means that it could be). Now instead of feeling like you are buying a Costco brand tequila, you are more comfortable with the idea of purchasing Kirkland Tequila. The stores distance from the warehouse is one of the reasons why some bottles are not sold at a specific location. If you've only had Jose Cuervo / Patron then this may not even register as a tequila as it tastes closer to a brandy. Casamigos Tequila Anejo, Jalisco | prices, stores, tasting notes There is a strong caramel note which some blanco purists may find intrusive. Every week I get calls from brands and distilleries looking to buy aejo tequila from me in bulk, but I only have enough for my brands, says Jaime Villalobos Sauza, Master Distiller of Suave Tequila. Cal--Carbs--Fat--Protein. Both are high-quality tequilas, but there are some differences between them. no citrus or fruit. The cooked agave flavor with caramel, oak, citrus, vanilla, and almond makes this bottle special. Aejo Alarm: Why Aged Tequilas Are Disappearing. I'm a Tequila/Agave Connoisseur, Taster & Reviewer from Long Island, NY. Casamigos Aejo - roughly $61.99/750ml. We both thought it tasted smooth and like a high quality tequila. Kirkland tequila from Costco does not quite meet the same high quality standards as Patron, but it is a reasonably priced option. Kirkland Signature Anejo - roughly $46.68/1L. Average Price: Roughly at $42.99 /750ml (Total Wine). Don Julio 1942 is a premium tequila aged for two and a half years. Now, let us take some time to sum up the information regarding the Kirkland Anejo Tequilla brand. Kirkland Tequila Anejo - A Review | Greengos Cantina It has a pinch of brine, caramel and chocolate, with some light spice and pepper. The vanilla notes are fun, but the sweetness lingers, and a slightly medicinal finish can put you off sipping. I paid $43.99 for the 1 litre bottle of tequila. If youre looking for a delectable, premium tequila thats also appropriate for any occasion, look no further than Kirkland Signature Aejo. Great article guys. Welcome to /r/tequila, the subreddit for the drink we all love! While this may be true in some instances, it isnt true in most, and Costco was able to find a way around the problem. I actually get a headache from both of these products, which doesn't happen from the other multitudes of tequilas I have tried. i wish they sold a kirkland rum (plain rum, not that spiced crap). Casamigos Tequila Aejo Review - Liquor.com Once the Pinos are in the factory, the workers there cut them into manageable pieces, then cook, shred, and put them through all of the final steps before being left for fermentation. Any tequila connoisseur or anyone that has tried good tequila knows this immediately. Youll enjoy round, rich, balanced flavors with a clean lingering finish with this tequila. Casamigos Anejo Tequila 700ml | Costco Australia Casamigos Tequila - Artificially Sweet and Overpriced- Save Your Money Interesting and disturbing. How Much Do Tequila Shot Cost? - BlackTailNYC.com Required fields are marked *. Kirkland silver tequila is one of the most affordable Mexican Who Makes Kirkland Irish Whiskey (All Facts). Fortaleza Blanco Tequila. It's overrated, over hyped, tastes artificially flavored, and is not worth the price. A full name is required. At just over $20 per bottle, this tequila is definitely a steal and well worth trying. Just brought a bottle for about $25 in Kapolei, HI. Mexico. Kirkland Tequila Anejo Vs Casamigos. The tequila is made from the highest quality, hand-picked Agave plants which results in amazing tequila that is well worth the price and forfeiting the brand name association of other notable tequilas. CASAMIGOS TEQUILA AEJO 750ML. There are many types of tequila, but two of the most well-known are Kirkland tequila anejo and Casamigos. Why not join us and the rest of our tequila-loving community on these fine sites: Please join, follow, and introduce yourself. Shop for the best selection of Casamigos tequila at Total Wine & More. Popular Tequila Brands Ranked Worst To Best - Mashed.com Costco Sells Casamigos Tequila At A Discount | Greengos Cantina It now sucks DO NOT BUY IT!!! The Kirkland brand of Anejo tequila sits for more than twelve months, making it not just an Anejo Tequila but saturated in an oak flavor. Now, producers say that the aejo hunt is on. Casamigos is made with 100% blue agave, which gives it a more floral, fruity flavor. But, The agave taste is paired with apple, citrus, and a bit of pear. We asked Ferreira Ruiz whether the cristalino trend was depleting anejo reserves. Want to know more? It has just a pinch of citrus, is soft but has some numbing overall. Its a bit silly, but this is a common way of thinking for many people. "Certainly," he says. Kirkland Signature Tequila Silver, 100% Puro de Agave (NOM 1173), 40% ABV, 1.75 liters. Drank shot first.. smooth, lil burn at the end, nothing to complain about,Then made a paloma.. great! Kirkland tequila anejo is a high-quality, aged tequila that is comparable to other premium brands on the market. Size 750mL Proof 80 (40% ABV) *Please note that the ABV of this bottle may vary. The aroma introduces a prominent agave and citrus scent. Despite popular demand, Kirkland Signature Aejo tequila is still on the market. Also be on the lookout for Santo's excellent Blanco and Reposado tequilas. The different types of tequila are broken into categories based on how long they go through the aging process. I believe you can go buy liquor without a membership in any Costco.. Its fucking outstanding.. For 20$ this is Costco first home run in making making there own spirit.. All the others are ok.ish.. Carlos Newton good job man.. Bought it today and trying it right now. The back story is spectacular, being that George and Rande wanted a special and amazing, 'proper tequila'. this is one of the questions our readers ask a lot. Go to shop . Add to Basket; Estimated Delivery. Kirkland Signature Premium Small Batch Bourbon. According to plenty of customer reviews, Kirklands Tequila Anejo is an excellent and affordable option for sipping during dinner parties or making delicious mixed drinks such as margaritas, plus the convenient cork topper makes it very easy to handle. Kirkland Signature Aejo Tequila | Tequila Matchmaker . What other Anejo is it comparable to would you say? George Clooney and Rande Gerber have turned out to be quite the tequila makers. And even though the Kirkland Tequila Anejo is an affordable bottle, the tequila is aged for more than a full year in oak barrels to reach the Anjeo status before bottling. Free standard shipping with $35 orders. Costco Kirkland Liquor: Who Makes the Kirkland Brand Alcohol FINISH- smooth but a hot numbing medium exit, with a touch of smoke and light oak. And, there's another twist a surge of new cristalino tequilas made with reposado tequila, which can be aged as little as two months. I agree. It is a tequila that is aged for at least one year in oak barrels. starts with an aromatic scent of agave with citrus and vanilla, which is very welcoming to the senses. But she also likes to get a bit fancy every now and then. It tastes pretty much like it smells with a very mild burn and not too much of an aftertaste! This is for drinking. Kirkland Tequila Aejo. It is very light and smooth. Thanks for this great web site first of all. Shopht. The palate is greeted with a blend of sweet and spicy flavors of chocolate, caramel, allspice, and pepper. Optional - drop a lime or orange coin into the glass. So, take this opportunity to try some aged tequilas youve never had before, or would like to revisit. I think it has a slight edge over the Reposado. Let us know what you think. Please note that this review was not paid for or sponsored by any third party. So you can always look for that to double-check that you are getting the great tequila, and quite frankly, one that you might not expect to find at Costco. Aejo Tequila, Tasted In: Kosher Casamigos Reposado Tequila. This made multitudes of people run out and buy it, and at first I was one. The shortage is coming because we see it here in Mexico already. An excellent sipper, but approachable enough to be brought into cocktails. We liked that it is affordable, clean, and pure agave. SEE Honest Reviews and REAL Top Tequila Lists and Please 'like' Long Island Lou Tequila on Facebook- HERE- https://www.facebook.com/Long-Island-Lou-Tequila-641682619241422/. Shop Casamigos Anejo at the best prices. Disclaimer: Average prices are based on Total Wine and Drizly online. Trader Joes tequila reposado is an excellent tequila drink for those on a tight budget. . Aged 49 months, this aejo tequila has an interesting mix of coconut-pineapple-vanilla. Pay Less. The price of the raw material to make tequila has spiked in recent years, reaching a high of 32 pesos a kilo, compared to just under 4 pesos per kilo in 2016. Check out these other essential ingredients in a margarita. Nothing complex or particularly interesting but just fine to sip and mix with. Because it is smaller in size than silver tequila, the Kirkland Signature Anejo Tequila is far easier to pour.