So let me offer you just a couple of hypothetical builds: Option A: 16-foot flat-bottom Jon boat. Because of this, you can consider a small trolling motor as an addition to your setup. But if youre browsing for jet jon boat videos on Youtube, you can find some really extreme solutions, like installing a 215 HP supercharged engine into a massive jon boat hull: According to the owners, this boat can hit 45 mph on the water while its bottom is rock resistant thanks to the reinforced bottom. So we spent a few hours researching and sifting through the options that could work for these little tin boats (and not just larger vessels) and narrowed it down to write a post on our 4 favorite anchor winches. Having a livewell installed, whether you do it Whether youre out fishing in the warm, sunny weather or on a frozen lake, 3. While this has not really caught on for main stream power supplies it has been a viable option in the maritime world for decades how do you think most of the buoys you follow home are powered? Designed for stand up steering. However, youll also want to keep in mind the available space on your If yes, you might be rightfully worried about the money youll have to invest in over-priced consoles available commercially? Length 17'. those fish. But to get the most out of your poling efforts you need to be elevated on a rear deck like this. Seller's Notes: EXCELLENT CENTERCONSOLE CONVERSION / TOUR RIDE BOAT - BARE HULL with 3 AXLE ALUMINUM TR AILERKevlar 50 foot BARE HULL Scarab by Larry Smith made for Drambuie Liqueurs with NEW aluminum custom trailermade by Owens & Sons Marine, Inc. :? It was a very nice build and full of ideas. The design is simple and sleek. Oceansouth Heavy Duty Boat T Top Black, for Standard Center Console, Aluminum Tube 4.1 (15) $70648 $59.99 delivery Mar 8 - 10 Only 10 left in stock - order soon. 2.8k Location Super User Posted June 28, 2015 That's a lot of work, that's for sure. If youre a beginner in console-building, wed definitely recommend you watch this video beforehand, such that you leave no room for errors during the actual DIY. One that I haven't even thought of yet. If your boat isnt actually in dire need of a new console and the old one is easily repairable, you might want to watch this tutorial by Everyday Fishing. If you enjoy fishing, youll want to have a I grew up going to the lake and boating has always been a big part of my life. We do not encourage drinking alcohol while underway, Amazon.com: Jon Boat Steering Console Its a less expensive and less involved version of a bimini top that you can set up in a fraction of the time. It looks like your boat is fairly narrow and a center console might only allow a foot or so . Carpet is softer to stand on and prevents uncomfortable burns from a hot metal deck. . People in the comments have suggested that glassing on the outside is good enough for strength and the inside could just do with epoxy paint. Contact. you can do the same in your jon boat. Hi, Im Charlie. Center Console seat and steering Boat Conversion Mark Davies 19.8K subscribers Subscribe 129 Share 37K views 5 years ago How i made my own boat center console inc seat and steering. That will mean not only a new steering cable, but control cables as well as the wire harness not being long enough so that would have to be spliced and lenghtened, I think I will pass on that idea. If you include a simple selector I want the seat at a comfortable height to sit on and stand up from. Choosing a too-small engine could be a hassle, but on the other hand, too much performance is not desired either. The Youtubers from this channel have converted their 1970s Nautiglass V150 fiberglass runabout/ski boat into a fishing boat. damage. it has a proper aeration system. This should be a good project. Some manufacturers offer after market consoles for the more popular brands of jon boat, or you can recycle one from a wreck. I am thinking of maybe making the base out of one I have sitting here and just mount this console on top of it. options.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'jonboatplanet_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_13',107,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jonboatplanet_com-large-mobile-banner-1-0'); From my experience, jon boats that are 14 feet There are plenty of options Jon boat skiff conversion ~ Be Plan - Blogger themselves trying to figure out the same thing. One of the downfalls of many jon boat designs is the lack of front fishing area. IF you go through the trouble to add lights, electronics and increased battery power wouldnt it make sense to upgrade the entire electrical system? You can make good use of it in many situations. If you like DIY and are looking for a side project, you can even build your own jet ski jon boat hybrid. Do not worry, this is not one of those modifications where you take your Weber and strap it down & hope it works. something, sometimes you need to take something away. outboard jon boat 2072LDSV. Add grass, cattails or whatever other patterns are most productive where you hunt or just apply a favorite pattern that will make your boat hid and stand out at the same time. While this livewell is capable of being used as a portable livewell, it boaters take for granted. Covered in heavy duty camo vinyl material with black trim. Working on it now, built 20in wide center console to replace side mount one, here are a few pics of the progress (ripping everything out and new wood and such going in but by monday I should have a few pics of everything staged up so you can get an idea of the looks. But if you cant find one or are looking for something custom, your only way is to do it yourself! [/quote]Thanks for the support! :shock: :lol: NahI like the big front deck for my type of fishing. This makes sense because you can only allocate so AK's price 239.99 If you go this route, youll need to measure the area and volume you have Thos seats and console are very low. Boxes available to fit Flat Bottomed and Angled Bottom for Mod V Hull. McCallum Co. on Facebook! I boat every day I can, whihc is a lot, and it is very uncomfortable for a big guy like me to get up out of the seat all the time because you are practically on the floor, I am 6'1. changing a side console to center? | Refuge Forums this additional accessory makes the jon boat more expensive, but it saves you a Could be used in any boat that needs seating or storage. This console will work as either a sit down or stand up console for some people. Being higher is not only more comfortable it also increases visibility and casting ability. and each will make you wonder why they are not standard on every boat that You got less lower floor than I do. The options with this tank are enormous and it definitely has the capacity to hold larger fish. Ha Rich. Casting deck conversion. you use it every time you use your boat so close enough. been the downfall, no pun intended, of more than one mariner. To Place An Order Call 1-800-682-2628 We Ship Daily Via UPS. We put together a post covering the best trolling motors for jon boats by boat size. This is the perfect center console for aluminum boats up to 17 feet. Bottom 12" Long x 14" Wide. Amazon.com: Aluminum Boat Console Kit 1-48 of 220 results for "aluminum boat console kit" RESULTS Price and other details may vary based on product size and color. A.K. for one of Amazons best sellers.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'jonboatplanet_com-leader-4','ezslot_13',139,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jonboatplanet_com-leader-4-0'); Adding a grill to your boat is not something many people consider but trust me it is more popular than you realize and not very hard either. Here is a pic of it right now. other.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'jonboatplanet_com-banner-1','ezslot_5',105,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jonboatplanet_com-banner-1-0'); By far one of the most challenging, but Allow me to mod that thang into a center console with lot's of nice lower floor room, k? Life jacket: If you want to ride at high speeds, especially on rough water, its always wise to wear a life jacket. We can recommend you start your research at this site where you can find finished projects, building tips and other additional valuable info. Grab Rail $179.99 boat that has a livewell pre-fabricated into a jon boat, or buying a portable Upgrade grabrail to black. This versatile boat sports a 7 deadrise for a smooth . livewell. The best thing about a jon boat is the price. I have an old Alweld 1448 and was thinking about doing the same. 1. i mounted the. As you might expect, Best Jon Boat Accessories - Boating Scout boaters that are avid fishermen and are willing to spend a bit more are keen on achieved by building and installing a livewell into a jon boat, buying a jon Joined Sep 13, 2006 Messages 770 Reaction score 932 Location North Carolina. Adding trim tabs is another modification that is all When it comes to materials, the most recommended is aluminum due to its durability. They also come in handy The Youtuber disassembles his console and inserts a new boat steering console kit. Part number to use when ordering . by you imagination and power source. Although you could buy some this is one of those modification projects than can also be a fun backyard DIY project with the kids. The Crestliner 1860 Retriever CC/SC (Center Console / Side Console) offers full-featured versatility. Give it a quick read; he gives pretty solid information! That means livewells that are long-lasting But we cover all of this in more on our post about jon boat oars (recommended length, holders, and mounts). if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'jonboatplanet_com-mobile-leaderboard-1','ezslot_14',122,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jonboatplanet_com-mobile-leaderboard-1-0');Being on the water does not mean you need to spend the hours listening to your buddy recount the same fishing story hour after hour while you wait for the next bite you can listen to your favorite tunes. The Jet skis V hull design keeps away the debris, weeds and other objects from the intake grate. the bait and fish are kept alive and well. Jon Boat Steering Console Boats for sale - SmartMarineGuide.com upkeep of it. You choose from spray on, roll on or even stick on that fits well into your jon boat. 16 Homemade Boat Console Plans You Can DIY Easily - Triumph Boats version and be on the water and on your feet in no time. For boats that are 60 to 70 wide, plan for decks that are about midway between the bench seats and the gunnels. **Temporarily Out of Stock**. the ability to keep your bait and caught fish fresh. See more ideas about aluminum boat, boat, boat restoration. Another option when it comes to providing backup power, or even when charging batteries between uses, is solar power. The simplest jon boats are nothing more than a hull and bench seats with a tiller-drive motor. Although this tutorial doesnt feature illustrations and on-site images, the explanation is detailed. JonBoatPlanet.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. McCallum Co. on Instagram! He takes his viewers along the DIY process and explains his thought process at the same time. Providing shade will allow you to get more from your boat and spend more time on the water without fear of sunburn, heat exhaustion or just plain discomfort. Even these big bass boats that float in 10" might need 2 feet to get going. Lightning House 133 subscribers Subscribe 129 31K views 2 years ago I detail what i did to change my boat from tiller to full console controls. Weve shared all the brilliant DIY console ideas with you. Heavy duty construction built to fit forward of the center console in a Alweld boat. Jet Ski Jon Boat Conversions If you're looking for something more powerful and thrilling, as well as having the tools and bravery, you can consider building your own jet ski jon boat hybrid. Every jon If youre interested in how to do it, dont hesitate to read more. If youre looking for something more powerful and thrilling, as well as having the tools and bravery, you can consider building your own jet ski jon boat hybrid. Get some practice at lower speeds at first! Jet jon boats have many advantages as they use jet propulsion instead of a regular prop. This size console works best with a 72" or wider bottom boat. I moved the console forward last season. Mar 5, 2013 #3 R. Randy Senior Refuge Member. Thankfully, many jon boaters have found to get deep and control the presentation of their lures. Need for front floor space is priority for catching fish like this! Depth 13", AK's Price Painted Khaki $289.99, Non-Skid Khaki $339.99. All of these boats are custom-made vessels, so your only chance to have one is to build your own. option for jon boats who are catching larger fish and need a big place to put It may not display this or other websites correctly. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'jonboatplanet_com-narrow-sky-1','ezslot_16',125,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jonboatplanet_com-narrow-sky-1-0');Hunters who want a new paint job will appreciate that a jon boat is basically a clank canvas, waiting for you to add your own personal touch. PRICE YOUR JON BOAT 1040 1240 1448 1648 1040 Starting at $1,204* With 87 lbs Standard Boat Weight 15" Transom Height PRICE A JON BOAT Serious fishing boat Non-adjustable all welded construction. If youre lucky, you might find jet jon boat hybrids for sale on Craigslist or other online ads. on gear without balancing a flashlight or holding it with your teeth. Center Console Conversion | Aluminum Boat & Jon/V Boat Discussion Forum For instance, at what angle should steering and controls be mounted? He used wood covered with fiberglass for this DIY. Teleflex/Morse has also trapped the nut on the engine end which saves time chasing coupler nuts during engine installation. Grab Rail $249.00 allows for more room and increased ability to customize. Amazon.com: Aluminum Boat Console Kit Find Lowe jon boats for sale near you, including boat prices, photos, and more. This site is owned and operated by Charlie Gasmire. If you start to build your jet ski jon boat hybrid, youll need a jet ski engine, of course. But if you are 42281-W 29 Gal 17"H x 23D $119.99 Arent sure what size or brand would be right for you and your boat? I emailed it to myself and finally found it. This console, manufactured by Lowe, will fit most aluminum boats. of the past. water suffers. Boat decks are notorious for being slippery and have A.K. This site is owned and operated by Charlie Gasmire. outboard jon boat. If youd like to watch all of their videos, heres their channel. If you want to add a little flotation and performance in a single project you need to consider stern boxes. These grills (link to read reviews on Amazon) are made for boat installation. both of those problems is having a proper jon boat livewell.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'jonboatplanet_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_7',115,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jonboatplanet_com-medrectangle-3-0'); So, what are some jon boat livewell ideas? I'd suggest you decide on a style depending on the type water you will most likely use. standards and N.M.M.A. A.K. DIY Boat Steering Console - Rock Lobster 4. can also be used as an installed livewell if you have the proper equipment and Add hydraulic I've owned and run a ton of boats over time. You can be as creative as you wish, adding as much or as little storage as needed-even customizing it for specific gear.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'jonboatplanet_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_5',106,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jonboatplanet_com-large-leaderboard-2-0'); if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'jonboatplanet_com-leader-1','ezslot_7',140,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jonboatplanet_com-leader-1-0');Speaking of specific storage needs every angler needs a safe place for their rods that is. will so it never hurts to have a backup, or even a backup for the backup. own livewell or purchase a jon boat that includes one, Im a personal fan of Mechanical steering system designed so the operator may be positioned in the front of the boat for better visibility and convenience. appreciated additions that few miss until they have had one. This will eliminate This portable livewell is not only extremely durable, but it works exactly as expected and it rather easy to carry around. $12,999 . Adding deck lighting will allow you to safely move about and tie I was recently GIVEN a 2001 G3 aluminum hull boat with trailer. **Temporarily Out of Stock**, A.K. Option B: 18-foot mod-V Jon boat. Many jon boats are an open design, which makes them perfect for modification but not so good when it comes to storing your gear. trailer after dark. Thanks for the responses guys. The most important part is to pay enough attention to the sealing as leaks can be annoying, or in the worst case scenario, you may start to sink. I mounted a small swim platform on the pass side rear transom in case I fall out and need to get back in in case of an emergency. When you lower the prop in the water and then hammer the throttle the rear end is going to squat. And dont forget the safety issues and accessories like safety lanyard and life jackets at high speeds or even jumps! jon boats count on the center seat for structural support so you will need to include This heavy aluminum pedestal works well on many jon boats It has one side open for storage It is 14" high and is heavily reinforced for seat mounting. ), AK's price $349.99 Adding a generator If you want a jet jon boat but prefer the turn-key solutions, you may want a jon boat with a jet outboard engine! Packaging: 1 unit in shipping carton - open quantity Specs 2017 TRACKER BOAT GRIZZLY 1754 MVX Jon 2017 Tracker Boats GRIZZLY 1754 MVX Jon At 17' 1" and with a wide 78" beam, the TRACKER GRIZZLY 1754 MVX SC (side console) is a spacious and stable aluminum jon boat that can be powered by up to a 75 HP motor. **Temporarily Out of Stock**. Jon Boat Tiller to Console Steer Conversion! - YouTube if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'jonboatplanet_com-netboard-1','ezslot_22',127,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jonboatplanet_com-netboard-1-0');One of the most innovative inventions to hit the small boat market in years is the anchor, or power, pole. Top Width 20" Murphys law says that if something can go wrong it Once you install the engine into your boat, you may be surprised by its power and noise. BASS TRACKER CLASSIC XL; PRO 170; PRO TEAM 175 TF . jon boat so it doesnt get overcrowded. Please consider creating a new thread. Another important factor when deciding how big Seller is 76 andhas lost interest in doing a modern resto of this classic race boat.Interestedbuyers are encouraged to visit and have hull . realize that I have too many things on it, so keep in mind that measuring your Many people are looking for jet jon boat conversion kits, but unfortunately these setups are not available off the shelves! Clever Storage Spaces Expect cool and innovative storage on your Lowe Roughneck. Converting A Jon Boat To A Bass Boat The Dock Line These outboards are available in a wide range, so you can choose what fits the best on your boat, or you can consider the purchase a complete setup. Their main advantage is that you can use them in really shallow water and these models are less dangerous, thanks to the lack of prop. It is 24" wide and the height is adjustable from 21" to 32". Feel free to share the DIY process with us all the progress and the obstacles. Adding a fresh paint job will not only make your boat look and feel like new it will also make it stand out, a true one of a kind. It was a very nice build and full of ideas.