Her chemistry with both KITT and David "Michael Knight" Hasselhoff remains a big part of the series' continued appeal. [66][65] The film's influence can also be seen in video games' (particularly science-fiction games') ships, armor, and weapons,[206][207] as well as the 1989 Italian film Shocking Dark, a remake of Aliens that relocates much of the plot and scenes to a Venetian setting and incorporates elements of The Terminator; outside Italy, it was released as Terminator II. Aliens was released on July 18, 1986, to critical acclaim. Makeup had to be done. Carrie Henn won't be going back to the world of ALIENS, but she will still be . [121][122], Roger Ebert called the last hour "painfully, unremittingly intense" in horror and action, leaving him emotionally drained and unhappy. I contemplated going back into doing something with acting because I live in California now but I wanted to be a normal child and Id lived in England since I was about two. "She took me under her wings when we were filming, because I was so inexperienced. "[54] The situation deteriorated until Cameron and Hurd fired Cracknell and the Pinewood crew walked out in the middle of the day. We were quickly moved to our correct dressing room but we were right next to each other. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Who was your favourite character in Alien? "[238], The film is also considered one of the best sequels of all time, and equal to (or better than) Alien. [25][102] The Los Angeles Times reported long lines to see Aliens, even on weekday afternoons. Farrell and then-husband Brian Baker best known as the trench coat-wearing salesman in early '00s Sprint commercials moved to Hershey, Pennsylvania not long after she was fired from Becker to raise their son. [259] Instead of a fourth sequel, Fox began development of a crossover film pitting the series' aliens against the titular alien race of its science-fiction property, Predator;[260][261] the film was poorly received. These astrological signs can suck the energy out of the room. You shouldn't tell these astrological signs any of your secrets. [129], Authors Tammy Ostrander and Susan Yunis believed Newt's capture by the aliens forces Ripley to realize she is willing to die to save her, demonstrating a selfless motherhood, unlike the queen's selfish motherhood. to: * ActorAllusion: ActorAllusion: ** Jenette Goldstein (who played Private Vasquez) originally thought ''Aliens'' was going to be a drama about immigration and showed up to audition wearing short skirt and high heels. By that point, Henn wasn't involved in acting anyway. Amazon.com: Aliens [Blu-ray] : The Aliens, Terry Ackland-Snow, Sigourney Weaver, Billy Armstrong, Carrie Henn, Michael Biehn, Steven Begg, Lance Henriksen, Jay Benedict, Paul Reiser, Adrian Biddle, Chris Blunden, Elaine Bowerbank, Everett Burrell, James Cameron, Gordon Carroll, Pete Cavaciuti, Cynthia Scott, Colette Hiller, Roy Charman, Alan Agents scouted Henn while she was at school in Lakenheath, England, and though she lacked acting experience, Cameron said she had a "great face and expressive eyes". After an audition, Henn got the role despite having no acting experience of any kind. She instead grew up normally and went into a different profession. Carrie Henn is a former American child actress, who rose to prominence at the age of twelve (12) after co-starring with Sigourney Weaver in the movie "Aliens", the 1986 sequel to the 1979 hit, "Alien". The film is set in the far future; Sigourney Weaver stars as Ellen Ripley, the sole survivor of an alien attack on her ship. You may have noticed that Sam isn't a part of the iCarly reboot, and that's because Jennette McCurdy has officially retired from actingsomething she explained on a 2021 episode of her podcast, Empty Inside. Predator: Battle Of The Sequels", "This Week in Genre History: Alien Vs. [71], To create the effect of the queen piercing Bishop's chest with her tail, Tom Woodruff Jr. and Alec Gillis constructed a chestplate for Henriksen with a rubber segment of the queen's tail flattened against it. [115][g] The New York Times described the film as "extremely successful. I did a lot of the scenes. [31][97] The final alien queen was a 14-foot (4.3m) puppet made of lightweight polyurethane foam. [50] Cobb designed the dropship, the armored personnel carrier (APC), and exteriors of the colony and its vehicles. "As I saw it, I had three choices: get cosmetic surgery and go out on auditions for the cute and funny best friend characters, stay the way I was and go out for the meager character actor roles for young women, or accept myself and give up the idea of a Hollywood film acting career for good," Wilson wrote in her book Where Am I Now?, according toPeople. The real story behind the NCAA basketball tournament's bankable nickname. I was hoping you could just cast your mind back a bit and tell us about how that relationship developed while youre working on Aliens? She also writes about her own life, including other creative endeavors like pottery, on her own blog. How to Stop Falling Asleep on the Couch During Movies. I said its kind of similar for me. [5] Biehn, Paxton, and Henriksen had worked with Cameron on The Terminator. [102] The tagline was, "This time, it's war". [31][32] Hurd had several industry associates contact Fox executives to convince them she was a legitimate producer. Well shortly after Aliens finished filming my dad, who was in the Air Force at the time. I dont know. When they returned, the Aliens project was ready to move forward. He described her as the ultimate adventure heroine, balancing action with femininity and maternal instincts. Farrell wanted stability for her child after watching her own mother go through a few divorces, telling StarTrek.com, "I thought we'd probably have a better shot at having a healthy and strong marriage if we weren't doing what we were doing, which was essentially waiting for whatever job to come along[.]" I remember reading that teaching was your passion as a kid? Conscious that the creatures would be seen by audiences as people in costumes, he enhanced the designs by extending their arms and often filmed them hung from wires or from atypical positions to make them appear more inhuman. We got there before she did and they actually gave us her dressing room. In a 2019 interview with AvP Galaxy, Henn also explained that her mom is English and that she had lived in the country since she was two. My father was a lawyer, and I really didn't have a clue what he did all day. She added that she was taking college courses with the goal of becoming a nurse, dietician, or nutritionist whatever would give her the most time with her family. [48] Despite her sudden fame, Henn decided not to pursue acting, so that she could remain close to her family. At the height of her career, it seemed like Amanda Bynes was everywhere, from headlining her own TV show to starring in movies including What a Girl Wants and She's the Man. . [52][74] Cameron had enjoyed returning artist Ron Cobb's work on Alien,[75] and conceptual artist Syd Mead was recruited because Cameron was a fan of his work on films such as 2010: The Year We Make Contact (1984). navigator.sendBeacon('https://www.google-analytics.com/collect', payload); [124] Dennis Fischer wrote for The Hollywood Reporter that the unrelenting scenes of action and suspense worked for Aliens as they had in The Terminator; tension was created by placing the characters in successive, increasingly difficult situations. Carrie Henn is now a 45-year-old teacher and mother. The main reason Henn didn't return to acting was that she simply had no desire to do so, instead focusing on teaching. Absolutely. xhr.open('POST', 'https://www.google-analytics.com/collect', true); Aaron: So that was kind of like a chemistry test then? [108], By the end of its theatrical run, Aliens had grossed about $85.1million. The alien queen seeks revenge against Ripley, who destroyed her brood and her means of reproduction. [118][124] Benson called her the "white-hot core" around whose "defiant intelligence" and "sensual athleticism" Aliens was built, and Ripley returned not for vengeance but out of compassion. Jake Lloyd was a rising child star when he was cast as Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. Eric: Yeah, we have a tradition on the podcast where we like to ask our guests about the first time, they saw any of the Alien films themselves but of course youre in a strange position as you werent exactly the target demographic for an Alien film and you were actually in the sequel. [25][29][32] Cameron's associates tried to persuade him to reject the offer, believing anything good about the film would be attributed to Alien director Ridley Scott and anything negative to Cameron. } else { [191] These traits are further offset by the more openly masculine Vasquez, a minor character. 2023 Cond Nast. Three years later, he landed the role that defined him: Tom Paris on Star Trek: Voyager. if( 'moc.enilnoefiltseb' !== location.hostname.split('').reverse().join('') ) { Oh yeah I really dont like scary movies and so my mom had never seen it but Gale Ann Hurd they had insisted that I watch Alien before we filmed Aliens. As of 2023, Carrie Henn has accumulated an estimated net worth of over $2 million. Informacin detallada del sitio web y la empresa: caudesucre.com Cau de sucre - blog de repostera creativa, recetas dulces y mucha fotografa! But she still finds time to visit conventions, and this spring, in celebration of Aliens Day, she watched the movie for the first time in nearly a decade. Eric: You talk about makeup but of course Newt famously carries around a doll she named Casey. [208], Although The Terminator was a success for Cameron, the critical and commercial success of Aliens made him a blockbuster director. Aaron: Which is something youd always wanted to do wasnt it? [24][25] Wilson came across the script for the in-development science fiction film, The Terminator (1984), written by James Cameron. While it will be the seventh movie in the series (or ninth if you include the two Alien vs. Dec 27, 2022. Aliens (bra: Aliens O Resgate; prt: Aliens - O Recontro Final [3]) um filme estadunidense de 1986, de terror, fico cientfica, e suspense, coescrito e dirigido por James Cameron.. Arrecadou $ 180 milhes em todo o mundo. As natural as he was at playing an intergalactic leg-breaker, the role was something of an outlier for Cobb he was a trained theater actor who made his name on soap operas. The story for The Last Case of Benedict Fox takes place in 1925 Boston, where self-proclaimed detective Benedict Fox must uncover the fate of a family while traversing a dark, eerie world of. That friend that you never that you might not talk to for you just kind of pick thats kind of how it is with her. He suggested wearing distinctive contact lenses to convey when Bishop was alerted to danger, but Cameron believed they would make the character appear more frightening than the aliens. An astrologer explains why certain zodiac signs can drain your energy. They wanted to have us all go to London for auditions and I guess probably maybe to get to know us a little bit and our personalities. Many cast and crew members reunited at the 2016 San Diego Comic-Con to celebrate the film's 30th anniversary, including Weaver, Biehn, Paxton, Henriksen, Reiser, Henn, Cameron and Hurd. Newt has also lost everything of value, and they form a new family from the remnants of their old ones. I just went in. [66][67] He arrived in London to compose, expecting a six-week schedule. [101], Aliens was seen by industry professionals as a potential sleeper hit based on positive industry word-of-mouth during filming, enthusiastic industry screenings, and favorable pre-release reviews. We are strangers but we very much had similar experiences. Once separated, Henriksen's upper body was below the set and a fake torso attached up to his shoulders. [92] Nine operators were required to operate the fully articulated facehugger, and other less-detailed variants were used for simple actions such as scurrying across the floor. [188] When Ripley has seized command of the marines and is no longer a passive outsider in Aliens, the traditional male hero (Hicks) instructs her in the use of their weapons. Club). After Aliens, Carrie no longer pursued acting and continued with her education instead. Two chestburster puppets were used: a reinforced one, and an articulated one for movement. So as I'm watching it, it's like watching my daughter up there. "But it was actually too warm for me, so I would sit up on bars on the side, and the alien and I would stay up there, kicking our feet in the water.". Her screen credits started slowing down around the mid-2000s, with her last major live action role being a 2010 guest spot on Medium. Aliens earned $131.1183.3million during its theatrical run, one of the highest-grossing films of 1986 worldwide. [35][36] Cameron also wanted his collaborative partner and girlfriend, Gale Anne Hurd, to serve as the producer, but Fox did not take the request seriously, believing she could not stand up to Cameron, who believed she was the only person who would. [84][85] Since getting in and out of the smart-gun rig was difficult, the actors kept them on when not filming. [33][86] Automated sentry guns were also constructed for Aliens, although they do not appear in the theatrical cut. She was awarded the 1987 Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actress as Rebecca "Newt" Jordan in. For more celebrity news delivered right to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter. [40][41] Paxton was worried the character would annoy audiences until he realized he was comic relief for the tense scenes. [24], Cameron wanted an unknown actor to portray Newt. Aliens was considered a different prospect (despite its adult-oriented content), since it focused on action and featured marines (instead of ordinary workers) fighting a large number of aliens. She played an Ocampa, a psionic race with a life expectancy of eight or nine years. [120], According to Rick Kogan, Aliens demonstrated that science-fiction horror could still be entertaining after many poorly received Alien-derived films. [244] Empire also listed Aliens as the 30th-best film ever made on the magazine's "500 Greatest Movies Of All Time" list; its readers ranked it the 17th-best. Jenette Goldstein is best known for playing space marine Vasquez in Aliens, which was just the start for the character actress. A 4th grader at the time, Henn played the resourceful Rebecca "Newt" Jorden, the sole survivor of a terraforming colony on the . Ross Bagley played NickyAunt Viv and Uncle Phil's youngest sonon The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. All these different people and auditioned and everything and then they actually dropped us off at the studios and then they took all the families out to go do things in London and then they came back and obviously we went home. I don't miss it, but I always think that I'll do it again at some point when it becomes convenient. Would I do it again? Henn, 39, will play Anne Jorden,. The extra long version of Aliens doesn't profit too much from the extra 20 minutes or so, but it doesn't hurt much either. It is the sequel to the 1979 science fiction horror film Alien, and the second film in the Alien franchise. Dawson stopped acting regularly in 2003, with her last credit coming as a guest in a 2011 episode of The Closer. The toys were intended to tie into Operation Aliens (a children's cartoon scheduled for release in 1992, alongside Alien 3) and a series of mini-comics by Dark Horse Comics. This is, in large part, due to her starting a new business venture. Likewise, She has worked as a child actress in films since she was a child, and she has made a lot of money doing so. Carrie Henn played Newt, the soot-faced beating heart of Aliens. By Cody Hamman July 20, 2015. . Each film was sold separately (including its bonus disc) in 2004. [81] The alien nest scene was one of the earliest filmed; Weaver's participation was delayed by three weeks because of production issues on her previous film Half Moon Street (1986), and the scene was one of the few not involving her. [119][122] Jay Scott said Cameron had redefined the war film, combining Rambo with Star Wars. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Cond Nast. [24][29] He drew ideas from "Mother", one of his story concepts about an alien on a space station involving a power-loader suit. Cameron also contributed to designs, but was not as concerned with the warrior aliens because they were on screen only briefly. He was shocked in a positive way and overwhelmed to see your Cameo. [1][12], Some scenes removed from Aliens's theatrical version were restored in subsequent releases. Carrie Henn, the actress who portrayed the young Newt in Aliens has shared a special 1st look with Aliens fans for Alien Day. } I dont know. [76] The derelict alien spacecraft used in Aliens had been in historian Bob Burns III's driveway since its appearance in Alien. Some folks stick on for a while even if they don't find the kind of fame that made them famous in the first place, while others might fade off for a while and then come back. A gun, which can be seen as a phallic symbol, has a different meaning when wielded by Weaver. You know they look very different because she had like nice blonde hair in the tractor whereas the other one was gross and everything. Im not Hollywood all the time. Caroline Marie "Carrie" is an American actress and singer. Henn was picked for the role at age nine when she was living in the UK. Plus, ever since she was a little girl, her true dream was being a teacher. [32], Cameron turned in the finished script in February 1985, hours before a Hollywood writer's strike. } Although Cameron offered to let Ross join the filming later, Ross was concerned that Stanley Kubrick's projects often overran, and opted for Aliens instead. How cool is this?, Henn remembered. He hasn't, however, abandoned acting he's just moved entirely to stage acting, alongside several other creative endeavors like furniture making and writing. [89] According to Hurd, Giger was contractually obligated to Poltergeist II: The Other Side (1986) and Fox was not allowed to negotiate with him. She has been married to her husband Nathan Kutcher since July 2, 2005. Henn had gotten the part after a meeting with Weaver, who'd flown on the Concorde to London to test out their on-screen chemistry. document.addEventListener( 'DOMContentLoaded', function() { She then directed 10 episodes of Star Trek Enterprise and has spent the last 15-odd years as one of the most in-demand TV directors in the business. This was deliberate on her part, instead focusing on her new family. He stated on the Punching Sideways podcast,"I've got a real passion for helping people get along," adding, "I'm one of those lucky people who found their thing." Abbott said its post-World War II American setting depicts a competent military and a state authority that demands (and receives) the compliance of its citizens. [f] This gives Aliens a worldwide gross of $131.1million to $183.3million, making it the year's fourth-highest-grossing film, behind Platoon ($138million), Crocodile Dundee ($328.2million), and Top Gun ($356.8million), or the third-highest-grossing film behind Crocodile Dundee and Top Gun. [32], The crew was dismissive of Cameron for his relative inexperience, thinking he had not done enough to earn such a prominent position, and that Hurd had her job only because she was his partner. In 2019, Lloyd returned to the screen for a cameo in The Shiningsequel,Doctor Sleep. She stopped acting altogether. I dont know. Fox estimated the cost as close to $35million, but Hurd said it would be closer to $15.5million. She is rescued and debriefed by her employers at the Weyland-Yutani Corporation, who are skeptical about her claim of alien eggs in a derelict ship on the exomoon LV-426,[a] since it is now the site of a terraforming colony. Henn was born "There were basically about four fat kids in town, so every time there was a fat kid role you saw the same people at the audition. [187] These female characters often perform stereotypical male actions, and have muscular physiques rather than feminine "soft" bodies. Creation involves rape, and birth involves a violent death. That's right, "Aliens" was Carrie Henn's first and only film credit. [24][32][33] Weaver received a $1million (equivalent to $2.47million in 2021) salary and a percentage of the box-office profits, the highest salary of her career at the time. You shouldn't tell these astrological signs any of your secrets. By the time of filming Alien, Henn was unable to reprise her role due to her age difference with her character, instead Newt was briefly portrayed by Danielle Edmond. [181] The aliens' life cycle taints the reproductive cycle. "She took me under her wings when we were filming, because I was so inexperienced. [99], John Richardson designed the mechanical power loader exosuit, with input from Mead. [128], Most of the cast was also praised, particularly Biehn, Goldstein, Henriksen, Henn and Reiser[118][120][124] but Benson noted that less time was spent exploring the new characters than in Alien. My tutor actually gave me a big pair of sunglasses to wear when I went in. Carrie Henn was the orphan girl Newt in the 1986 movie "Aliens." Whatever happened to Newt? Reviewers praised its action, but some criticized the intensity of some scenes. Gordon negotiated with Diller until he relented, and Cameron and Hurd returned. [123] Kogan agreed Cameron possessed a knack for action pacing and excitement, but Kehr believed Cameron pushed some elements beyond believability. Ripley brings Hicks to Bishop in the second dropship, but she refuses to abandon Newt and arms herself before descending into the processing station hive alone to rescue her. And all these hilarious British characters, like [Steedman], the stuntman, who used to grab my bicep and go, 'Blimey, more meat on a cat's cock! "I was absolutely convinced I needed to stop acting after seeing it.". After contact is lost with the colony, Weyland-Yutani representative Carter Burke and Colonial Marine Lieutenant Gorman ask Ripley to accompany them to investigate. Learn about the best baby names out of Japan. Carrie Henn played Newt, the soot-faced beating heart of Aliens. Farrell also found non-family events to keep her grounded. "Send in Ihe Marines: The Failed 'Operation: "Games of the Alien Franchise, Part 1: The Bad, The Canceled, And The Weirdly Cool", "Toy Review: NECA Upsizes And Up-Details The Classic Kenner Rhino Alien", "From Atari To Isolation: A Video And Written History Of, "Whoever Wins, We Win: A Brief History of, "Who Really Came Up With the Idea For Alien Vs. Alien: Covenant stars Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston and Billy Cradup and it's out in cinemas from 12 May. xhr.setRequestHeader('Content-Type', 'text/plain;charset=UTF-8'); [198][199] Comparing Alien with Aliens, Roger Luckhurst said: "Even if Alien was a piece of leftist science fiction, the core of [its] myth could be inflected the other way. "I was excited, because I was like, She was in Ghostbusters! [116] Audience polls by CinemaScore gave the film an average grade of "A" on an A+ to F scale. [96] Cameron and Winston worked on several concepts to vivify the queen, including large puppets, miniatures, and costumes with several people inside. Its not like we went and hung out like now we go to a convention and we all hang out which is nice because Im an adult now, Its different. [103] Based on its opening-five-day total ($13.4million), Aliens exceeded Fox's expectations and was anticipated to become the summer's top film, surpassing The Karate Kid Part II, Back to School, and Top Gun. I just thought it was funny like the Alien popping out and I mean now like I said now I would completely freak me out. [85] Ripley became a post-feminist icon, a proactive hero who retained feminine traits. [59] Paxton believed he was not good at improvisation and discussed ideas with Cameron before filming. "Immediately, we hit it off," she said. Aliens imbues Bishop with a degree of humanity as he volunteers for a potentially suicidal mission. It not only makes you feel something, it makes you cheer, it makes you jump. I had a second-grade teacher who I absolutely loved. She would be the youngest of the family, with brother Christopher being the oldest and also featuring as Newt's older brother in the Special Edition of Aliens. Predator franchise), Terminator, and Superman. "[202], A cinematic touchstone, Aliens has had an enduring influence on filmmaking. And while she's no longer in the entertainment business, she has given interviews about her famous action movie role and shared what she is up to these days. Most of the cast were unharmed, but a large piece of debris cut Cameron's head. He was moved to a psychiatric facility while awaiting trial, and his family issued a statement to Geek News Now in early 2020 saying that he had moved closer to them to help with his mental health struggles. [243] In 2011, Empire called it the greatest movie sequel ever. Bestlifeonline.com is part of the Meredith Health Group. If you watch the scene with my family when my dad comes back with the Alien on his face, my brother and I were having the argument Im hitting him with a doll and thats actually Casey. The first episode McNeill directed was "Sacred Ground" in season three, a personal landmark but one he wishes he'd done differently. Aaron: Its a pretty well-known story that you were offered the audition after Sarah Jackson just discovered you at school and came around taking photos which you would not get away with nowadays. [25] Several scenes were removed from Aliens' theatrical release, including Ripley learning about her daughter's death and a cocooned Burke begging her for death. He was so excited because he got me twice. [37] Stephen Lang auditioned for the role of Hicks, but James Remar secured the role on the recommendation of Hill, his close friend. Sie knnen Ihre Einstellungen jederzeit ndern, indem Sie auf unseren Websites und Apps auf den Link Datenschutz-Dashboard klicken. He returned to the soap world after Andromeda wrapped, and hasn't appeared in any kind of screen role since 2007. Jason Zimbler was hilariously annoying as Clarissa's little brother, Ferguson, on Clarissa Explains It All, but he hasn't appeared in anything since the show ended in 1994. The film was followed by two sequels Alien 3 (1992) and Alien Resurrection (1997), neither of which were as successful, and the prequels Prometheus (2012) and Alien: Covenant (2017). We interviewed Carrie Henn on Episode #85 of the AvPGalaxy Podcast which you can listen to in full below or read on for a full transcription. [28][29], This script was better received by Fox executives and Gordon, but Cameron also wanted to direct the project. She credited her physique to being out of work and going to the gym, gaining 10 pounds (4.5kg) at Cameron's request. [b] Vietnam War veteran Al Matthews (Apone) helped to train the actors, teaching them not to point their weapons at people because their blanks were still hazardous. These tips from sleep experts will help you stay awake till the credits roll. In 1986, Carrie Henn starred in Aliens alongside Sigourney Weaver. It was survival of the fattest," he said. However, I would love to do a cameo in an Alien franchise film if the opportunity arose.". From 2015 onward, Lien has been arrested and charged several times, stemming from mental health issues. Ellen Ripley", "Alien 3 Is Far From The Worst Alien Movie. Sigourney is a very down to earth person and I dont know what it is or how it happened but weve always just. Danny Lloyd, who played Danny Torrance in The Shining, has been out of the acting game since childhood. Both her powers and her short lifespan were fodder for many stories, implying that viewers would watch her entire life within the series. [13] Fox and Hurd suggested removing a long opening scene detailing the lives of the colonists, Newt's family discovering the derelict alien ship, and her father being attacked by a facehugger, because it ruined the pacing and sense of mystery. Ripley discovers that Burke ordered the colonists to investigate the derelict spaceship containing the alien eggs, intending to profit by recovering them for biological weapon research. Nicole Pomarico is a pop culture and entertainment writer. Henn and other actors from "Aliens" were invited to take part in a 30th anniversary panel at the . In 2018, she was arrested twice in two weeks for driving with a revoked license. Its exterior was designed with a row of loading doors, a crane, and large gun fixtures to defend against threats. Carrie Henn is an American former actress, best known for playing Rebecca 'Newt' Jorden in the 1986 American science fiction film 'Aliens.' Directed by James Cameron, the film went on to become a massive success and Carrie Henn's debut performance was appreciated by fans and critics alike. I don't feel like I can give you 100 percent of my time,'" Ashley told Allure in 2013. I didn't give up acting. She was one of the busier TV actors of the 90s, also taking a lead role in the decidedly-not-sci-fi show Sports Night. "So as I'm watching it, it's like watching my daughter up there.". Predator game series. But, after appearing in the film and winning an award for young actors, Henn continued to live a normal childhood and started a career well outside of the movie world as an adult. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen built an empire on their popular role on Full House, including movies and all kinds of merchandise bearing their faces.