Gilland has two nieces who have said at hearings she could live with them. Walters said she enjoys the parasocial relationship innate in Sutphins conversational style. One subscriber, Emily Walters, a 24-year-old hairdresser in Minneapolis, started watching Fundie Fridays a year ago. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. All rights reserved. Tim Bliefnick is seen at his home on the day of Rebecca Bliefnicks funeral on Friday, March 3, 2023 in Quincy, Illinois. Ellen Gilland was released Friday night from the Volusia County Branch Jail where she had been held since Jan. 21 when she shot her terminally ill husband at AdventHealth Daytona Beach, according to a police report. The Olliges, young and preppy, subscribe to a literal interpretation of biblical gender roles. Anyone found to message, brigade, harass, or contact any fundie for any reason, at any time, will be met with a permanent ban. The couple met on the set of Mad Max: Fury Road in 2012 but didn't start dating until a year later. Rebecca Aizin is an Editorial Intern at PEOPLE. (Becky Bliefnick/Facebook). Saddleback Church doubles down on support for female pastors, Mormonisms slow shift away from demonizing working mothers, Faith leaders urge Biden to sign executive order for reparations study by Juneteenth, For many congregations, wiping out medical debt has become a popular calling, Combating antisemitism in the era of Twitter and TikTok, How big Christian nationalism has come courting in North Idaho, Democrats pass resolution condemning white religious nationalism, Conference on religious trauma aims to equip survivors for recovery, Exvangelical TikTok worship parodies bring unexpected healing, Copyright 2020, Religion News Service. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Fundy Fridays has videos that cover many of our commonly snarked upon fundies if you happen to need brought up to speed on anybody. "Search warrants are a normal part of the investigative process.". Plus Jen reviews Jingers book and covers the Duggar x Girl Defined crossover. However, comments such as "X looks like they were rode hard and put away wet." At the beginning of the pandemic, someone from high school (yes, I did end up going to a public school for the last two years of high school) posted a link to a relatively new YouTube channel called Fundie Fridays. His focus, she added, is entirely on the couple's three sons. I always come away learning something and Ive been a snarker for quite awhile. "It is important to remember that all individuals are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.". Fundie Fridays is a YouTube channel in which Sutphin, 28, sometimes with the company of their partner Bryant, 33, publishes weekly video essays generally compilations of cuts of sermons, TV shows, Instagram Reels and other public content, with Sutphins sardonic commentary layered on top. Bond set in hospital shooting$150K bond set for woman, 76, accused of killing sick husband in Daytona Beach hospital, Ellen Gilland indictedWoman, 76, accused of shooting ill husband in Daytona hospital indicted on lesser charge, Death and dignity debateHospital shooting sparks debate over 'death with dignity' legislation in Florida, Police: Woman shoots ill husbandDaytona Beach Police try to negotiate with woman accused of killing her husband. The home is rented by and the car belongs to Tim Bliefnick, the estranged husband of Rebecca Bliefnick, who was found dead on Feb. 23 in her home. Police reported she had been shot multiple times. Her family gathered for a funeral Mass at St. Peter Church in Quincy Friday morning, a day after her husband attended the wake with their sons in tow. I am angry that so many of my childhood friends made posts about how depression and anxiety are sins worthy of repentance because mental illness is just a symptom of not trusting God enough. I am angry for my friend, who confessed to me that she was not a virgin anymore because she had been raped as a child. All About Ben Smith-Petersen, Riley Keough Recalls 'Amazing' Time Filming 'Daisy Jones & the Six' After 1 Years of Rehearsal, The Cast of 'Daisy Jones & The Six': Everything to Know, Reese Witherspoon, Sam Claflin Praise Riley Keough in 'Daisy Jones & the Six' : She 'Transformed', Is Daisy Jones & the Six a Real Band? Lopez, 28, said she was raised in a fundie-lite, nondenominational evangelical environment, which included attending anti-abortion protests at Planned Parenthood and disavowing jeans, anime and short haircuts for girls. Through this essay series A Few of My Favorite Things, a very obvious Sound of Music reference (wink, wink), I will be introducing some of my current favorite YouTubers, video games, books, current make-up obsessions among other topics. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. Then she provides a Rodrigues family update. (RNS) A young couple sit in front of a webcam trading commentary. Gilland was released at 8:31 p.m., according to the jail's online records. For members of the newest generation, digital deconstruction is rethinking what theyve been told about God, the Bible and what it means to be a follower of faith. . Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". Its like when you become a Christian, you die to your old self. New episodes of Daisy Jones & The Six arrive Fridays on Prime Video. Friends and family gathered at an Illinois church to mourn Becky Bliefnick Friday, the award-winning nurse and mother of three described as selfless and passionate who police found shot to death in her home last week. Tim Bliefnick is seen at his home on the day of Rebecca Bliefnicks funeral on Friday, March 3, 2023 in Quincy, Illinois. Jen from Fundie Fridays has delivered yet another wonderful Duggar video. By all accounts, Bliefnick was selfless in her health care profession and her devout Catholic faith. The videos come out every Friday, save every third Friday, as Jen needs a god-damn break sometimes, you know? Similar Artists Play all Sarah Z. Do you know any background info about this artist? Their channel, Fundie Fridays, is validating to some, bewildering to others, evocative always. Saying X looks like Y is allowed. We dont have an album for this track yet. Just ask my father! Jen had just shown a video of Jed and his wife (no idea of her name, sorry). The couple's three young sons have been staying with their father since the shooting, according to his lawyer, Casey Schnack. What is Fundie Fridays's net worth? "Was that more or less awkward?" You've read 0 of 5 of todays most popular posts. In response to Bates copyright strikes against the channel, YouTube blocked Fundie Fridays from posting and the channel remains on hold, awaiting final review of Fundie Fridays counter notifications. If you are anything like me, then one of the worst things to happen is getting into a media rut. Fundie Fridays (@fundiefridays) on TikTok | 798.5K Likes. Jen and James of Fundie Fridays here for an exclusive FSU AMA! By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Videos on the channel are posted in the categories Society, Religion, Entertainment. Meyers, 49, asked. Don't have an account? I always store my Halloween decorations in the basement so that when I bring them up for the year they already have spiders on them!! Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. They grew up poor and vulnerable to the outside world. LIV Golfs next event kicks off on Friday, March 17, in Tuscon, Arizona. Privacy Policy. . Never miss a story sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories. ', She continued, "For one, I've never had pretend sex with my husband. angry that because I was not longer "pure" I would never find a Christian husband, angry . However, as noted by Anna Duggar on an episode of Counting On, anyone over the age of eighteen could be six months away from a marriage. She was entitled to bond on the lesser charge. Never have I felt so seen. And for two, you know, normally, typically, when you do these things and it's somebody coming in for the day, you're like, 'Hello, nice to meet you,' and you kind of get down to business and it's very professional. Riley Keough may be comfortable with husband Ben Smith-Petersen in the privacy of their own home, but his intimate cameo in Daisy Jones & The Six was "weirder" than she imagined. Zambrano also set conditions for her release. . Johnson and Gretzky have two children together, sons Tatum, 8, and River, 5. "And I really kept feeling inclined to be like, 'In real life, it's not like this.' I am angry for having had scary hell dreams. My fiance James and I are here to give you fun, friendly primers on ALL your . Please make sure you read our rules. Manage all your favorite fandoms in one place! Watching videos is therapeutic and healing, but does not replace actual mental healthcare, okay? Join our Discord server --- request access. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Fundie Fridays skillfully juggles Discord, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram and YouTube to build a deeply loyal connection with fans, many of whom have experienced religious trauma. Becky Bliefnick pictured with her family on Halloween in 2018. One of them lives in New Smyrna Beach and the other in Oviedo. Loved ones of Rebecca Bliefnick attend her funeral at St. Peter Church in Quincy, Illinois on Friday, March 3, 2023. As one commenter puts it, you and James play off each other so well. The comment received 2,300 likes. Just go support Fundy Fridays in general if you are a snarkers. Legal Statement. Add an image, Do you know any background info about this artist? The pairing lives in Mid-Missouri, a state with intersecting sensibilities from the Midwest and South, securely cinched by the Bible Belt. That was about 30 hours after Circuit Judge Raul Zambrano set a $150,000 bond in her case during a bond hearing Thursday afternoon. Get app. "There are no words to express how grateful I am to her for what she did for me and my husband. Ellen Gilland, who is accused of shooting her ill husband in a hospital, was released from jail Friday night on $150,000 bond. If you do so, you will be permanently banned with no possibility of appeal. In a post shared Friday on Instagram, Gretzky the 34 . https://religionnews.com/2022/06/30/the-couple-behind-fundie-fridays-posting-equal-and-opposite-of-religious-influencers/. The home of Rebecca Bliefnick in Quincy, Illinois on Wednesday, March 1, 2023. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. Today, Sutphin and Bryant are full-time content creators. Here is a list of unmarried, marriageable age fundies. But Sutphin and Bryant arent nervous, saying that their video falls under fair use. $3 / month. One mom was kicked out and basically black-listed from the homeschooling community because she dared to wear a bikini to a home school group pool party. Police search a home and a car outside the home in Quincy, Illinois, Wednesday, March 1, 2023. Legal Statement. Shortly thereafter, Sutphin created the channel. We look forward to taking your questions, discussing the latest in FF news (including Lawson), and just having you run around unsupervised in our heads for a little while! Fundie Fridays is one channel in the larger context of fundiesnark. Despite not being religious themselves, both Jen and James do a fantastic job deep diving into the intricate and complex world of Christian fundamentalism. We'd like to take this time to remind users that: Do not contact the fundies in any capacity. Audience members sometimes call Bryant King James, hinting at the Scottish-English king who commissioned a new translation of the Bible in 1611. He was basically saying that his dad did not brainwash himjust go ask him! It was my favorite part of the video! "I checked with her parents about attending the funeral service and they said I could. Becky Bliefnick pictured with her family on Halloween in 2018. Keough admitted. Official discord for the YouTuber/Streamer Fundy | 89,588 members 1 / 2. Watching Jen and her partner James pick apart aspects of Christian fundamentalism in such a kind, respectful, and entertaining way was so therapeutic for me during my faith deconstruction journey. and our Jennifer Sutphin records a Fundie Fridays episode. News Sports Entertainment Opinion Advertise Obituaries eNewspaper Legals. Keep an eye out for new Fundie Fridays content, and also Fundie Fridays content on new platforms! Fundie Fridays is YouTube channel with over 286.00K subscribers. It started 3 years ago and has 95 uploaded videos. If this topic interests you, or you are looking to put an end to a media rut, then I highly suggest checking her channel out. My fiance James and I are here to give you fun, friendly primers on ALL your . Additionally, police made clear that they had not asked prosecutors for an arrest warrant following the search. Sutphin jokes her fan base gives her a god-complex.. Her husband has had multiple affairs with other women. Video screen grab. Industry. The reason I refer to my childhood as fundie-lite is because my parents were not as extremist as other parents in our churches, and I was allowed to wear pants and have whatever length of hair I wanted. 866 listeners Izzzyzzz. Most recently, however, the couple is facing repercussions via lawsuit threats. Christian fundamentalism was the foundation that gave my parents the strength and support they needed to break the generational curses handed down to them from their parents. By pledging $3 a month you will get to vote on episode topics and access to some secret videos! Go directly to shout page, Do you have any photos of this artist? Her next court hearing is set for March 22. Becky Bliefnick poses with her three sons. Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. Todays subject: their feelings on a particular set of conservative Christian influencers. ", "I don't want to like spoil it, but the producers thought it would be funny if he was in that scene," Keough told Entertainment Tonight. Fundie Fridays Feb 2021 - Present1 year 7 months Missouri, United States Corporate Student Recruiter Compass Health Network Oct 2020 - Jan 20221 year 4 months Columbia, Missouri, United States. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. The other moms from church told her that if she loved us, then she would not spare the rod. I am angry that my parents took me to protests outside of Planned Parenthood centers; angry that the church leaders encouraged the young children (myself among them) to stand near the gate and cry out to the women entering the premises. Fundie Fridays. Fundy Fridays has videos that cover many of our commonly snarked upon fundies if you happen to need brought up to speed on anybody. Moving to small town Oklahoma from a relatively large city in the Midwest was a culture shock to say the least. The YouTube channel Fundie Fridays @FundieFridays shouldn't work. Start the wiki. But Jens joke made me laugh! Another fan, Emily Garcia Lopez, a masters student in Germany, said the content makes her feel seen. Scrobble, find and rediscover music with a Last.fm account, Do you know a YouTube video for this track? Lawson Bates, a musician and one of Gil and Kelly Bates 19 children, known from Bringing Up Bates, a reality show of the same large, religious family genre, hit Fundie Fridays with three copyright complaints between June 18 and June 24 for creating a cover of his song in a parody. Start the wiki. . These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. This could've been mistaken for a meme-- except nope, it's real! Bryant has a background in social work and left his previous corporate career for Fundie Fridays at the beginning of 2022 and plans on creating his own YouTube channel. Johnson and his 4Aces GC team, which consists of Patrick Reed, Pat Perez, and Peter Uihlein, placed second in last weekends event, while Bryson DeChambeaus Crushers GC claimed the top spot. "I got to kiss him and tell him how much I loved him all because of Becky," she said. In a post shared Friday on Instagram, Gretzky the 34-year-old daughter of hockey icon Wayne Gretzky is seen modeling a series of bikinis from Skims, Same, and Frankies Bikinis while lounging outdoors. The two are now engaged and have six pets. Moreover, she and James have a bunch of cute animals who sometimes make cameos! As the actress . But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Different users are comfortable with different snark topics, if you don't like it, just scroll past.