Andrade El Idolo went from NXT Champion to largely overlooked WWE main roster talent to making a splash by signing with AEW in the summer of 2021. He also performs for AEW's sister promotion, Ring of Honor (ROH). [109] Kingston eventually began a feud with Miro, whom he challenged for the TNT Championship at All Out, though he was defeated. Eddie Kingston Explains Why Wrestling Championships Are A 'Big Deal' There He Is: Explanation Behind Eddie Kingston Quitting AEW Revealed Probably Kingston's most famous friendship, Jon Moxley has been a friend of Eddie for years, and have taken their partnership to a successful tag team. I was literally thinking, Let me just get this over with so I can get my check. Because I am just some guy. [124] He resumed his feud with Guevara shortly after, with the two facing in a match on Rampage: Grand Slam; Kingston initially won by submission, but the decision was overturned after he refused to release his submission hold. Eddie Kingston is not married. [41][42], Kingston made his debut in Combat Zone Wrestling (CZW) in early 2004, competing in a series of tag team matches showcasing Chikara wrestlers, before joining the roster as the enforcer and mouthpiece in the BLKOUT faction. After several weeks, King moved to alumni section. [4] On May 24, 2009, at Aniversario Yang Kingston, who had claimed to being able to outwrestle Castagnoli, pinned him cleanly with an Oklahoma roll. Eddie Kingston is trending on social media today for a new lengthy piece he wrote for The Players' Tribune, just days before he locks up with CM Punk at the AEW Full Gear pay-per-view. Keep your head up. I was just being me. In 2016, Eddie Kingston debuted in Impact Wrestling as a member of the Death Crew Council, alongside Bram and James Storm. Rumor Roundup: Lesnar farewell, Punk vs. Hangman, Goldberg, WWE HOF, more! Kingston has an approved match for All Out against the Spanish God. Share. ", He said, "How am I gonna tell my son not to be a quitter when his uncle quit on his dream? Kingston ended up winning his block of the tournament with a record of four wins and one loss to set up a final match with the winner of the other block, Mike Quackenbush. 36-year-old Matt has been married to his wife Dana since 2008, and the couple has a son and a daughter. Something went wrong. The Kingston & Blackpool Combat Club feud with Jericho Appreciation has gone on a little too long, and there's no guarantee Eddie will win even after he beats Conti's hubby up on Sept. 4 in Chicagoland. [129] At the Capital Collision event in May 2022, Kingston faced Tomohiro Ishii, but was defeated. All Guevara has to do is sign the contract when he & Tay are done with their little Paris., Eddie Kingston says Sammy Guevara has a receipt coming his way.The Mad King challenges the Spanish God for #AEWAllOutTune into #AEWDynamite RIGHT NOW on TBS! Kingston has made on-and-off appearances for Independent Wrestling Association Mid-South since 2003. [85] On June 23, 2013, Kingston and Homicide were defeated by The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott) at House of Hardcore 2. His scandalous break up with former WWE star Lita is well known. I just noticed that they were smiling. [55] Kingston's title reign officially ended on July 10, when CZW owner D. J. Hyde stripped him and Younger of the title. Then I started getting all these text messages, and then someone from AEW texted me, "Eddie, you're trending. He is also ranked in the richest person list from United States. [55], Kingston first appeared in Westside Xtreme Wrestling (wXw) in 2004, as part of a Chikara exhibition match. [11] After the tournament Kingston was not seen in Chikara for two months, but when he returned in May, he quickly targeted the man who had forced him to tap out at King of Trios, Lince Dorado. The big boys were never going to give me a shot. [121] At Fyter Fest on July 20, Kingston was defeated by Jericho in a Barbed Wire Everywhere Deathmatch. But Hardy's now found happiness with with Reby Sky, whom he married in October 2013. I wasn't talking to anybody. [4] Following the loss, Kingston attacked Hallowicked and attempted to remove his mask. One day my brother was over at my house, and I told him that I was thinking of moving to Alaska. I mean, 20 f*cking years in this. I don't work here. (Icarus and Gran Akuma). Unique lists featuring pop culture, entertainment and crazy facts. [4], Kingston, along with fellow BLKOUT stable members Joker and Ruckus, went on to the finals of the 2008 King of Trios tournament, coming up short against the team of El Pantera, Incognito and Lince Dorado, when Kingston tapped out to Dorado's Chikara Special. At the following show, Hero challenged Kingston to a Loser Leaves Town match when he returned. The two were scheduled to face in a match at the All Out, but the match was cancelled after Kingston was suspended by AEW for getting into a legitimate backstage dispute with Guevara. [24][25] The following September, Kingston made his first tour of Japan, with the Osaka Pro Wrestling promotion, which had a working relationship with Chikara. [43][44] Seven months later on September 9, Kingston defeated Chris Hero to win the CZW World Heavyweight Championship after an extended feud. AEW's Eddie Kingston made headlines last week when his post-Dynamite promo made its way online.Kingston stood in front of the Daily's Place crowd following the Saturday night show saying, "Because . As for Omega's personal life, that's a bit of a mystery. When it comes to heels you love to hate, MJF is at the top of the list. Eddie Kingston's improbable 18-year odyssey to chance at AEW glory Eddie Kingston Wife, Age, Wiki, Ethnicity, Height, Net Worth Four months later, he will wrestle Jon Moxley at Saturday's Full Gear . I called out all the champions of the big-time promotions. And it's like he woke up the beast. Didn't have any kids. Sammy Guevara & Tay Contis antics have mostly gotten go away heat from yours truly. update: Five-time champ debuts on Dancing with the Stars, Bret Hart to U.K., Bully Ray, Huge weekend upcoming, new Hulk movie, Falir update, Ross on FS 1, Fedor talks Putin and Dana White, Raw tonight, Women and UFC, Thesz vs. Gagne", "11/28 AAW in Chicago new AAW Hvt. ", "100 Percent Fordified: CHIKARA Aniversario Elf", "Mon. Back in the day, me and Mox used to wrestle each other at the Elks Lodge in Brooklyn in front of 85 people. On the July 5 episode of Impact, King confirmed that he had been behind the attack on Konnan, before former LAX members Homicide and Hernandez returned and attacked LAX, joining forces with King. 82 aimlessnameless 10 mo. And that's when I saw Brodie Lee and Jon Moxley. I am still waiting for someone to wake me up from the dream. Whether fans love him or hate him, there's no denying Kenny Omega is one of the best wrestlers in the world. He has been praised for his speaking skills and ability to cut promos, and is regarded by some as one of the best speakers of the modern professional wrestling era. Edward Moore (born December 12, 1981), better known by his ring name Eddie Kingston, is an American professional wrestler currently signed to All Elite Wrestling (AEW). 8 (Loves) Jon Moxley. [131], Independent Wrestling Association Mid-South (20032008), Westside Xtreme Wrestling (20042010, 2013, 2020), Total Nonstop Action Wrestling / Impact Wrestling, This was a six man tag team match, where The Toxic Trio (Kingston, Marciano and, Independent Wrestling Association Mid-South, All American Wrestling / AAW: Professional Wrestling Redefined, "NBA Champion Mychal Thompson Says Eddie Kingston Is As Good On The Mic As The Rock", "CM Punk thinks Eddie Kingston is the best on the mic", "Eddie Kingston Got No Business F***ing Being Here | by Eddie Kingston", "The CHIKARA Special 3.20.10: Spoiler Alert; Lince Dies", "The CHIKARA Special 5.15.10: Secret Societies? He was standing backstage right before I was about to go out through the curtain, and he could see that I was just numb. I couldn't say no. Chikara was a juxtaposition: a fun, cartoonish, high concept, and irreverent promotion but also a source of world class training that launched the careers of Orange Cassidy, Chucky T, Brodie Lee and more. After Homicide and Eddie jumped Kevin Steen and Cliff Compton during their No DQ match a tag team match was announced. I'm so lucky to have had a friend like Brodie. [74] Outlaw Inc. received their title shot on December 14 at Final Battle 2013, but were defeated by reDRagon. Standing at a solid 6 feet tall, Cole is easily one of the most acclaimed wrestlers in the world and it's only a matter of time before Cole inserts himself in the main event scene of AEW. [104] Furthermore, Kingston would end his association with The Butcher and The Blade, after they were hired by Matt Hardy as part of his entourage. Chad drives a Miata and is married to Keighleyanne. They're work in ROH and NJPW is widely known, and now they're gaining new legions of fans thanks to AEW. I wrestled Cody, like I've wrestled 10,000 guys, 10,000 times before. [54] Kingston and Younger went on to defeat The Best Around (TJ Cannon and Bruce Maxwell) on April 10, 2010, to win the CZW World Tag Team Championship. Eddie Kingston Net Worth, Age, Bio, Birthday, Height, Facts - BuzzLearn And I didn't even think anything of it. I wasn't excited. In June it was announced that BLKOUT was planning on disrupting ROH's pay-per-view taping, Respect is Earned II, on June 7. Whats up with Eddie Kingston and Claudio? : SquaredCircle I was doing what I love to do. He said everyone was really worried about me and he begged me to reach out. A title match was booked between Castagnoli and Kingston and The Dynasty on two consecutive shows, both of which Kingston missed. . [4] On September 18, 2004, the Wild Cards won the IWA Mid-South Tag Team Championship and enjoyed reasonable success outside of Chikara, until a knee injury forced Marciano into retirement, thus disbanding the team. It was revealed earlier on that Tornado's opponent, Chris Hero, had also picked Kingston as his partner, but Kingston had chosen to side with Tornado. At the tapings he reunited with Homicide as Outlaw Inc., feuding with The Wilds Cards (Thom Latimer and Royce Isaacs) and The Dawsons (Dave and Zane Dawson) over the NWA World Tag Team Championship. That's not them. As long as it was in a bingo hall or a VFW as long as his uncle was really a wrestler, I didn't care. [43] After a successful title defense on June 12 against Cult Fiction (Brain Damage and Masada), Kingston threw his World Tag Team Championship belt down and once again quit CZW. It wasn't until two weeks later I was on vacation out in Montana with my girlfriend, and we were just sitting in the car, about to go inside her friend's house, and I paused for a second and I turned to her and said, "Hey wait. He was faced with losing his house, and having to move back in with his parents if something didn't happen. . He continued and talked about working an indie show in New Jersey, which went viral, and led to the phone call from AEW, to make his debut against then-TNT Champion Cody Rhodes on the July 22, 2020 edition of AEW Dynamite. At the Bound for Glory on October 14, The OGz lost to LAX in a Concrete Jungle Death match. [31] Kingston returned to ROH at the June 29 tapings of Ring of Honor Wrestling, saving Mike Mondo from Steen and Jimmy Jacobs. I'm like, "A letter? The one-time face of WWE NXT, Adam Cole made one of the biggest wrestling news stories of 2021 when he debuted at AEW All Out to join his longtime friends in the Elite stable. I became a bouncer just so I could drink more. I swear to you, when I got to the show and I was backstage, I was just numb. A Hero's Journey: The Unlikely Rise of Eddie Kingston On the April 6 episode of Impact Wrestling, Kingston and Bram interrupted James Storm kicking him out of the DCC after Kingston spat in Storms face and Storm laid both guys out with superkicks. I'm a hard-ass New York guy. pic.twitter.com/rWEELZlpJ4, Looks like we just got another title match added to #AEWBattleOfTheBelts III this Saturday at 8/7c on TNT: Wardlow (c) vs. Jay Lethal for the TNT Championship!Watch #AEWDynamite LIVE on TBS right now! During the tour, Kingston teamed with the villainous Joker stable. Start a new life. Told too many promoters to go to hell. I woke up one afternoon and there were just beer bottles smashed everywhere in my apartment. News on all your favorite celebs, reality TV, and movies. It looks like AEW just booked a Buried Alive match with a new name at Revolution. [114] Kingston would face Punk at the Full Gear event in November, but lost. He saved my life. [31][33] Kingston was next scheduled to defend his title against Green Ant on March 9, but ended up no-showing the event. On the December 1 episode of Impact Wrestling, Kingston and Bram faced The Broken Hardys for the TNA Tag Team Championship, but were ultimately defeated. As one of the company's top teams, the Young Bucks are featured weekly on Dynamite. Many believe that it will be him who eventually dethrones Omega as AEW Champion. They're not going to sign me. Much like onscreen, MJF finds himself in trouble when it comes to his personal life. Not only does AEW have a diverse mix of legends and rising stars on their roster but they also intermingle amongst each other in a romantic sense very often. At 29-years-old, Page is at the height of his career. which is weird because if you were around back then you'd know how close Claudio and Eddie were. [4], After taking a break from wrestling, Kingston returned to the ring in July 2005, turning face and teaming with Sabian, Equinox and Quackenbush to take on The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, Gran Akuma and Arik Cannon). Eddie Kingston Opens Up About His Pro Wrestling Journey, Mental Health, AEW. And the saddest part about it is that those words that he said to me must have come from a very deep place within himself because he ended up taking his own life just a few years later. [118] At Revolution on March 6, Kingston would defeat Jericho by submission. 01.03.2023. pic.twitter.com/v5NikJ78Sg. His first name is "Eddie" and his last name is . [38] The alliance, however, was short-lived with Kingston turning on the Flood on September 21. AEW: Real-Life Relationship Status, Age & Height Of The - TheSportster [68] This led to a Grand Championship match in Chikara, where Kingston defeated Steen via disqualification. Although, Hardy's known mostly for his WWE and Impact Wrestling runs, he seems to have found his home at AEW. They're tweeting #SIGNEDDIEKINGSTON. [111][112][113], Immediately following his loss to Danielson, he would interrupt an interview segment with CM Punk, beginning a feud between the two of them. But his best work has been showcased in AEW, where he serves also serves as an EVP. We want you to come in and wrestle Cody. For complete results and the live blog for Dynamite this week click here. I walked out through that curtain that night a very broken man. I'd given my whole life to the business, and I was a failure, and it was time to call it a day. I wrestled Cody, like I've wrestled 10,000 guys, 10,000 times before. I didn't think about anything except, I need to pay my mortgage. [103] The two would later resume their friendship and begin an alliance. AEW's Sammy Guevara has issued a statement detailing his side of the story following a backstage incident with Eddie Kingston that led to a Kingston suspension.. Kingston continued and wrote about how he kept wrestling, until the COVID-19 pandemic hit when he was working in the UK. Eddie Kingston Also known as Kingston, King Overview News and Rumors Articles Career Career highlights Titles Matches Match Statistics Matchguide Feuds Promos Rivals Tournaments Tag Teams & Stables Entourage Awards Themes DVDs Commentary Career Ratings Comments Matchguide [123] Instead, Kingston faced Tomohiro Ishii on the All Out pre-show in a winning effort. And he's telling me to come out and shit on him. Aside from stats about their age and height, fans are also curious about a wrestler's personal life. 2. The best part? I was about to lose my house. 3 SmackDown, but Rousey isnt expected to miss WrestleMania. I wasn't married. ", She hit me back, "No, this is a big deal. On the May 24, 2018 episode of Impact, Kingston, now renamed King, returned as a member of The Latin American Xchange (LAX). Amid Flair's reported issues with WWE in 2021, it was rumored that Flair would jump ship to AEW partly to be side by side with her fiancee but that never happened. Less than a week later, he signed a contract becoming AEW's newest member. The six foot, two inch wrestler proves he still has what it takes to keep up with the young guns. Less than one month after leaving WWE, the 6'2" brawler made his surprising debut at Double or Nothing. I did my job. About to move back in with his mother. Hardy was also briefly involved with late WWE Diva Ashley Massaro. Her main sports she follows are wrestling and Nascar. I got you, brother. I have been everything in this life. He had a difficult childhood in a tough part of Yonkers, constantly getting into fights at school; he credits getting into wrestling at an early age from watching old tapes as what kept him out of jail and trouble. So I saw all this shit start popping up on my phone with that little bird, but I was confused. [61] On night three, he partnered Kim Ray in a defeat to Hot & Spicy (Axel Dieter Jr. and Da Mack). On night one, he defeated Chuck Taylor in the first round. On the November 17 episode of Impact Wrestling, Kingston made his Impact in-ring debut teaming with Storm and Bram to defeat Edwards and Brother Nero in a No Disqualification 3-on-2 handicap match. On the November 3 episode of Impact Wrestling, the DCC attacked the Tag Champions. . Eddie Kingston Reveals Why Titles Matter In Professional Wrestling I was desperate. I was uncomfortable. I looked him right in the eyes and I shoved him back. The Varsity Blondes, Darby Allin vs. Brody King, Jon Moxley and Wheeler Yuta vs. Best Friends, Athena and Willow Nightingale vs. Jade Cargill and Kiera Hogan", "Eddie Kingston recently suspended by AEW after Sammy Guevara dispute", "AEW All Out results: Powell's live review of Jon Moxley vs. CM Punk for the AEW World Championship, Toni Storm vs. Britt Baker vs. Jamie Hayter vs. Hikaru Shida for the Interim AEW Women's Title, Chris Jericho vs. Bryan Danielson, Ricky Starks vs. On Night One, he competed in a four-way match for the PWG World Championship; participants included Necro Butcher, former champion Low Ki, and defending champion Hero, who pinned Kingston to retain. (Rest in peace.) [8], Moore initially trained alongside BlackJack Marciano and Jigsaw under Kevin Knight at the Independent Wrestling Federation in Woodland Park, New Jersey (formerly West Paterson). [127], Kingston made his debut for New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW) on the November 27, 2021 episode of Strong, teaming with Jon Moxley to face Minoru Suzuki and Lance Archer in a Philadelphia Street Fight, in a losing effort. North American wrestling fans may not realize it, but El Idolo is quite experienced in the ring as he is 32 years old, competing for years in Mexico & Japan before signing with WWE. On Buzzlearn.com, Eddie is listed as a successful Wrestler who was born in the year of 1981. pic.twitter.com/5aeIHDAkC8, MIC DROP #AEWDynamite pic.twitter.com/WSerujj6hc, #TheAcclaimed just tipped the dumpster with the #GunnClub locked in it, right off the stage! Rotten told the crowd that Kingston was "going through some personal problems", but that he was welcome back to the promotion once he got his act together. ", And I just looked at him like: "You son of a bitch. Learn How rich is He in this year and how He spends money? Eddie Kingston MadKing1981 twitter. [101] At New Year's Smash on January 13, 2021, Kingston was defeated by Pac. Saptarshi Sinha-February 28, 2023. [52] This was suspected by many to be an angle, but was later found out to have been legitimate. This tag match saw Outlaw Inc. losing and they were never seen again. On October 4, 2017, Kingston announced his departure from Impact Wrestling.[90]. [63] On night one, he defeated Daniel Makabe in the first round. To read a complete recap & review of all the nights events click here. He stumbled back a couple of steps and then he looked at me and said, "There he is.". [76], From 2007 to 2010, Kingston competed regularly in the New Jerseybased Jersey All Pro Wrestling (JAPW) organization. The Jericho Appreciation Society went on to win the Anarchy in the Arena match at Double or Nothing. [8] So I drank. I had so much guilt and anger and shame. Kingston won this match and the overall feud. Now let's go kick these guys' asses.". Besides AEW, he has previously played wrestling in various competitions including Chikara, AAW Wrestling, Combat Zone Wrestling, Impact Wrestling, and Ring of Honor. Kingston then appeared on the March 18 ROH videowire, and soon after re-developed his feud with Chris Hero. After the restart, Kingston had himself disqualified by low blowing Dorado and then walked out, before declaring that he was done with Dorado, since he was making him mentally unstable with his actions. I remember Cody was so great about everything and he actually asked me what I wanted for my walk-out music and I told him the truth: I said, "Why would I have music? pic.twitter.com/N0gqkGVYej, #TheAcclaimed have ARRIVED for this DUMPSTER MATCH against the #GunnClub, where ANYTHING GOES! I stumbled back. [31] Kingston's ninth successful defense took place during Chikara's first weekend of 2013 on February 10, when he defeated Kevin Steen. Eddie Kingston Seeks Career-Defining Moment vs. Jon Moxley No he's not!!! Ronda Rousey legitimately injured, per report. The Bunny Joins Butcher & Blade In Eddie Kingston's AEW Stable [10] In 2003 Kingston and Marciano began feuding with Mister ZERO and UltraMantis, the team known collectively as Ultra/ZERO. The American Nightmare is pursing his WrestleMania mission, but he & his AEW buddies remain understandably proud of how they proved the doubters wrong and got 10,000 people to come to their little indie show back in 2018. They weren't clapping. I was supposed to be doing shows and I just didn't show up. Kingston debuted for the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) at their television tapings on September 30 for NWA Power. [32] On November 18, Kingston led a team to take on Team Steen in the ninth annual torneo cibernetico match. ", He said, "Yeah, just come out with the mic and start tearing into me.". SmackDown recap & reactions: Like father, like son. I knew it wasn't going to be in the WWE or AEW or anything like that. pic.twitter.com/oVkRELE3vf, Jungle Boy is not about to let Christian Cage get away with any more senseless violence. What am I gonna tell my son, though? fighter "In God's name who would stay? [4] The feud came to an end on July 5, when Ultra/ZERO defeated the Wild Cards in the semifinals of the 2003 Tag World Grand Prix, after which Kingston and Marciano moved on to feuding with Team F.I.S.T. [79] On January 23, 2010, at JAPW's 12th Anniversary Show, Kingston had his biggest match to date in the promotion, unsuccessfully challenging Dan Maff for the JAPW Heavyweight Championship. [86] At the following event on November 9, they were defeated by Devon and Matt Hardy.[87]. RELATED: 10 Most Embarrassing Moments In Chris Jericho's CareerAside from wrestling and music, Jericho's greatest joy is his family. 169K followers. They got permission to set up a ring in the middle of a parking lot and to have people watching from their cars. At only 5 feet 9 inches tall, El Idolo doesn't have height on his side but he makes up for it with lots of charisma and buckets of wrestling talent. The couple met while in WWE and married in September 2013. Kingston wrote about how he got into pro wrestling, what it was like tape trading in New York City years ago, watching the original ECW on "the religious channel" as a teenager, working the indies in front of just a few fans, and more. [72] Kingston and Homicide, however, claimed that they had come to ROH to help Match Maker Nigel McGuinness and take out those they felt were bad for the promotion. [47][48] Kingston was eliminated first, after suffering a legitimate broken ankle, after botching a backdrop.[48][49]. [59], Kingston was brought back to wXw for the 2013 edition of 16 Carat Gold. He's currently the TNT Champion, and recently he teamed up with veteran wrestler Sting for a match against Brian Cage and Ricky Starks. ", I said, "What the hell are you talking about? [30] On February 26, 2012, Kingston made his first defense of the Grand Championship, defeating Vin Gerard, with whom he had developed a rivalry during the 12 Large: Summit. On November 11, 2007, Kingston debuted in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (PWG) as Human Tornado's mystery tag team partner. [69] He then went on to unsuccessfully challenge Steen for the ROH World Championship on August 11 at Boiling Point. Eddie Kingston On What He'll Tell His Mom When He Wins AEW - 411MANIA [62] Seven years later, Kingston returned to the promotion for the 2020 edition of 16 Carat Gold. I didn't even deserve it, but he let me have that moment, and it changed my life. ", And I said, "Trending? Eddie Kingston is a famous American professional wrestler. 913 following. Then I'd wake up the next day and it was football Sunday, so I'd drink from noon till 2 a.m. Consider this guide on the age, height and relationship status of some of their male wrestlers ranging from the top of the card to their mid-card. Period. The only reason I'm still doing this, and really the only reason I'm still on this earth is because of all the friends who never stop having my back. [50] In his return match at Redemption on March 10, 2007, Kingston defeated Hydra. [53] Kingston returned to Combat Zone Wrestling on February 14, 2009, at its 10th Anniversary Show, in a losing effort to CZW World Heavyweight Champion Drake Younger in a No Rope Barbed Wire Deathmatch. I didn't think it was a tryout. Whether he's broken or big money, 46-year-old Matt Hardy makes any gimmick work. [96] On the September 23 episode of Dynamite, Kingston received his AEW World Championship match against his former friend Jon Moxley, where he was defeated after passing out to a chokehold. ago. Allie, The Bunny is married to Blade in real life so it was a logical team. As part of the gimmick, Kingston and Homicide wore suits and followed the Code of Honor. On the February 9 episode of Impact Wrestling, the DCC defeated Eli Drake and Tyrus in a handicap match. Andrew Ravens-March 1, 2023. Self-destructive. But for at least a couple minutes last night, they all entertained me and sold me on a PPV match. Eddie Kingston Got No Business F***ing Being Here - The Players' Tribune I guess they thought it was funny or crazy or I don't know what but I got a call out of the blue from AEW talent relations, and they said, "Hey, we saw your clip.