Shoot at 100y? It delivers exceptional accuracy and performance for the price. I will always admit when I dont know what I dont know; but occasionally it's something else. 2006 - 2023 BPS Direct, L.L.C. In benchrest, and more recently in the realm of precision rifle competitions, mild 6mm cartridges rule the roost. Hotjar sets this cookie to detect the first pageview session of a user. Google Analytics sets this cookie to inhibit request rate. 0000009282 00000 n I have read about some, as with a few from word of mouth. I have also ordered probably six 30 cal carbon blanks, a few 6.5's, and a 223 along with a few 338's. Every single blank shot under .5 moa with no issues. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". It is more accurate than I am. I have a Bergara LRP in 6.5 CM, It's been very good to me, I have about 1500 rounds down the tube now. It may not display this or other websites correctly. I still say shooter error. Like yeah thanks for that wisdom guy. I see that undocumented and unsupported garbage too. It is chambered in .243 Win., .270 Win., .308 Win., .30/06, 7mm Rem. This is my weekend to work nights. Have any of you tried the short chamber offerings in these barrels? 0000054724 00000 n Meet our award-winning MPR, awarded the SI Golden Bullseye 2020 Rifle of the Year., This website or its third-party tools process personal data.In case of sale of your personal information, you may opt out by using the link. I am an unabashed fan of the Fix, and the MPR is Fix'ish, while being a little warmer to the touch for cold weather hunting. After every range session I have been putting about 1 to 2 magazines down the barrel. The CA5five6 AR-15 from Christensen Arms - GunsAmerica Digest The darn thing shoots lights out now with no stiff bolt. Reloading- What pressure signs do you stop at. Received the wrong muzzle brake, then was told that since my rifle is pre 2012, Christensen doesnt make those muzzle brakes anymore!!! The large sample data we have all combined with CA carbon barrels is very large. Ive contact all three companies involved and to make a long story short . 691328237713. You need a good control first. It has a three-lug action that runs smoothly in the receiver, a good trigger, and a stock fashioned in the classic American style. They knew EVERYTHING about their product line and along with the staff of The Armories, we were all super impressed. Code: 321-00005-00. First make sure that the barrel is clean and free of any oil or solvents from shipping or the manufacturing processes. This with factory Norma 150 grain soft point ammo. Like it said in my last post though, by your original post it seems like you shot the MPR first warming up. Either from Christensen themselves or Midwest Gun Works? 0000011195 00000 n Christensen Arms MPR Problems and Resolution Have cycled ammo in magazine through the rifle with no issues. I was debating on a .338 Lapua (Savage, Christensen Arms, MPA, Sako, and custom build). Ya I had heard about the problems with the ridgelines, but I wasn't sure if they were carrying over to the other rifles or not cause there was some chatter about the Mesa's as well Sep 12, 2022 #4 Big Iron FNG Joined Tolerance and modern milling means there is no need for a "break in" anymore. Select larger calibers are backed by a Sub-MOA guarantee. I see nothing beneficial from getting a barrel scorching hot. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. 0000004072 00000 n They have won precision gun of the year. 0000004185 00000 n I am by no means bashing, I personally have no experience with them. !!!! This includes gear reviews, features on technical innovations, stories on shooting techniques and general hunting coverage with the occasional fishing story thrown into the mix. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. 3 RANGER 22 STRUCTURE MODEL . Just sprayed all types of ammo. It is the tactical style. They seem more than willing to help me out. If I could sell this monstrosity and buy an MPA, or hell even another budget ass plastic ass Savage (I <3 my savage, no offense to you) Id do it in an instant. On the other hand my match rifles don't shift POI during a 20 round string. That is why I am trying to reach out to see what actual real world experience is with them. Always sold out online. Sent it back to CA and took nearly a month and 12 emails to get it back. What are the thread measurements for your barrels? I have one that will not group consistently at all. I got the magazines I needed in very quick time. This big brute isnt made for hauling into the mountains. Thanks for the review. I will be handloading ammo for it shortly. The specs on these cartridges also call for faster twist rates to optimize their performance with heavy-for-caliber target bullets with high BCs. Obviously guns have a POI shift but it should be at least be repeatable or make some sense. Thanks again. Christensen Arms Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of A 3rd shooter fired 2 groups thru it. What is your accuracy guarantee? - Christensen Arms Bolt Carrier Group: Black Nitride Finish. Take on the toughest hunts with our most popular hunting rifle. Please keep us updated. I have an older Christensen Arms rifle. Currently borrowing a Tikka Tac A1 till I get my MPR back, its shipping tomorrow. This highly accurate, no-nonsense rifle is built around an excellent three-lug action that operates nearly effortlessly. As youll see, some are made for competition, and some are made for hunting. They seemed like good people over there to deal with I'm sure their not going to screw you over, I understand this is an old thread, but want to reply anyway. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Thanks for any info. I love my gun but I always need a cheek riser. The ones Ive had experience with, you bore scope the barrels and they have the roughest machining to them compared to other barrel manufacturers (proof and benchmark), tooling and chatter marks in the rifling. Given the different thermal expansion rates of carbon fiber and steel stress relief would likely cause delamination and would void any warranty anyhow. The issues were addressed and it was returned promptly. Thats why Christensen Arms builds an exceptionally lightweight. zbO+ 1q5->"~|PP326|cz`p7pha5? I was THRILLED to pick up this rifle and told everyone this was to be my lifetime precision gun. These representatives will help ease the extensive licensing and shipping complications associated with purchasing products from our U.S. website. The second question is: Whats the most accurate hunting rifle made? The answer to that is a lot simpler. I own several nice firearms and the quality of this Christensen is heads and shoulders above any of my other guns. I have also ordered probably six 30 cal carbon blanks, a few 6.5's, and a 223 along with a few 338's. send it back it has a quarantee. I've had the chance to shoot both a Bergara Premier LRP Elite and a Chistensen TFM in the past year (more experience with the TFM), so here's my brief comparison between the two: I have a HMR in 6.5 that has about 600 rounds through it with zero problems.It shoots .4/.5 with handloaded 130 Berger hunting vld's over 42 grains of H4350.The only complaint I have with the rifle is that I wish it had a heavier profile barrel than a #5 contour. It is a great $2000 paper weight. We can take a clue from the world of target shooting. Carbon fiber is also excellent. UPS has officially stopped shipping guns? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. ~!m"2ie )a+BPE Milhous is from Alaska and grew up shooting long range as well as hunting. 360 rounds down range and I get 1/3 to 1/5 groups at 100. Christensen Arms Ranger 22 LR 18" Threaded Barrel 10rd 801-12002-00 These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. My experience with customer service is first in class. You are using an out of date browser. Never had this much of a problem with any of my guns wow i have the same cal . HUn@}W#H61. At 100 yards it opens to almost 2 inches. No failures, no problems feeding with either AICS mags or Magpul mags. Christensen Arms Mesa Problems? | Rokslide Forum 2023 Trustpilot, Inc. All rights reserved. I am not surprised. First, the Christensen Arms Mesa rifle has a 416R stainless steel barrel with a featherweight contour. My issues with Christensen Arms barrel problems. $799.99. Now I was also shooting multiple different ammos for the other stuff in post 2. and they took care of that. Turnaround time was 3 weeks. UPC. The one not so good issue is the price, compared to other manufacture it is expensive. Spoke with Christensen today. Google Analytics sets this cookie, to determine new sessions/visits. No offense but your CTR groups are far from bugholes or consistent either. Eurooptic is full of crap. I lost count of how many carbon barreled CA rifles I have set up. I had one built with a Christensen barrel and it consistently shoots in the .3s. They seem willing to help, but are not the sharpest tools in the shed. what cal and factory or reloads?? Not Yet Rated. All these cartridges shoot .243-caliber bullets at velocities in the 2700 to 2950 fps range. inches. 5 different brands, grains, manufacturers of ammo and nothing. I asked for assistance in picking the scope. I'm definitely a fan of the XLR over the Mega Orias chassis, even though it's just an Element chassis, but then again I also shoot an XLR on my own match rifle currently so I know I'm slightly biased. We use dedicated people and clever technology to safeguard our platform. A friend of mine recently bought a christiansen Ridgeline in 300 rum, has carbon fiber barrel. Christensen Arms Carbon Fiber Rem 700 Short Chambered Barrel, 300 Win Mag 26" 1:10 Twist. Plus we tested them for stringing when hot at distance and they stayed in group. Cookie Notice Looking at a 308 now. This is due to outside of the barrel sleeves not being concentric with the bore. The cookie is set by MailChimp to record which page the user first visited. H|Un0+(,J~D(QCL;jdI!.-zP`0a1=T7zF67r QN d^Hf"YlsO'a&I.AD11*Q&0J BZ\y/s9 (u8itlpa Fine crafted Rifles. I have more direct experience with Christensen (used to work for a dealer), but a little bit of info on Bergara. Only time will tell if its the barrel or not, so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when another shooter tries it. Rifle review: Christensen Arms Ridgeline with carbon-fibre barrel .375 H&H MAG. Are my muzzle threads different? 0000001908 00000 n The first is: What are the best rifles money can buy these days? Well, if you want an answer to that, pour some whiskey and pull up a chair because there are many layers to that question and were going to be here a while. A radial stainless-steel muzzle brake is threaded on the barrel, which has 5/8 . $350.00 + $24.00 shipping. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". The light weight aside, the carbon-fibre technology also meanst the . 24 inch heavy carbon fiber wrapped barrel plus a muzzle device. I was gearing towards Christensen and Sako, but decided to go custom. 0000003569 00000 n Those are the two offerings I have found so far anyway. The bottom plate doesnt appear to have been replaced, there are still traces of the dark discoloration visible. I bought a new Mesa Long Range rifle, it had scratches on the barrel and dark discoloration on the bottom plate logo. They fit perfectly. You literally gave us NOTHING to go off of. Great rifles shoot all kinds of ammo well. 0000006535 00000 n Christensen vs. Bergara ? | Sniper's Hide Forum I have never had a bad experience with Bergara CS, ever! They are simply the best shooting carbon barrels we have tested to date. Yikes!!! christensen 338 lapua barrel carbon | eBay IMO CA having this policy on their website is just an out to allow them to brush off defects on to the owner. Christensen Arms 700 338 Lapua 26" Factory Carbon Rifle Barrel For Labeled Verified, theyre about genuine experiences.Learn more about other kinds of reviews. CA's machine work is very good, I see quality in the product. Lightly textured grip green composite with black and tan webbing. CHRISTENSEN ARMS BOLT-ACTION 6.5 CREEDMOOR CARBON FIBER BARREL | Brownells I was wanting one in 300 Norma. Manufacturer: Christensen Model: Ranger 22 . We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. The cookie is set by Google Analytics and is deleted when the user closes the browser. JavaScript is disabled. This doesnt look like a traditional hunting rifle, but dont let that fool you. The two-lug bolt gun is wickedly fast and easy to run. Every single blank shot under .5 moa with no issues. He was shooting .75 moa with his 30-06 and hunting loads right beside me on the first outing. This is a rifle that will passed down for generations. !I have returned the wrong product back to Christensen for a refund. Now they only wrap their barrels. 0000001368 00000 n The carbon-fiber wrapped 26" 416R stainless steel barrel is backed by Christensen Arms with a sub-MOA guarantee. Good rifles will print some loads very well. I have been a long time reader but not an official member. :e2vr=xnc>/r\9KRs75I3. H\T]1{SOg_oFj:0S"mLQbDkxq@5.\x]by$ 7>WRj[?2=jqs14+MCv"gEm?uByEh!j# There barrels actually insulate and trap heat in, (that's what carbon fiber does) dispite what there ads claim. Weight is not a deal breaker for me. G endstream endobj 178 0 obj <>stream Christensen Arms 700 338 Lapua 26" Factory Carbon Rifle Barrel For Remington 700. It took months and months of saving to be able to purchase this rifle. The barrel lining is made from match-grade 416R stainless steel . Christensen Arms barrels are designed using precision engineering adopted from the aerospace industry; Christensen Arms Rem 700 compatible carbon-fiber barrels are crafted using a proprietary layered design that offers any marksman superior accuracy and performance. Service is where it is at.Bob Dosser. Christensen Arms barrels? | Long Range Hunting Forum inch shift and a group I can't even measure. I want to start off by saying I am no rookie when it comes to long guns. I shoot maybe 10 rounds out of my steel barrel and then let it cool. 0000007024 00000 n but there is an issue with the weapon. What I see from that MPR 25 round group is several individual groups which tells me you're not breaking the shot the same each time. How much better can we expect rifles and cartridges to perform? They build them a lot better, and the list above proves it. I have definitely heard some horror stories about Christensen Arms, however the stories I have heard of were more related to chambering issues. Capacity. Well over 200 rounds fired and it just won't dial in. The first 3 groups are good accuracy minus the flyers which is probably shooter error, the 3rd group has a POI shift which is probably also shooter error from not being consistent behind the gun. Who makes the barrels for them, or are they built completely inhouse? And would be completely back to square one attempting to figure out what the hell was going on. The 10 Most Accurate Rifles We've Ever Tested (Plus, the Most Accurate I want an MPR with a regular steel barrel. A few days later, I went into The Armories in Winter Garden Florida and purchased a Christensen Arms rifle. The guy on the other end started off by condescendingly asking if I hadn't followed their break in. The blind box mag is the pits and will be replaced. Their website says, "Fits any standard Remington 700. Will try it again this weekend to see if its fixed. Please see my other auctions for more rare, hard to find barrels and scopes!" (excepting firearms, which must ship to FFL). Thanks all for the info! I own 2 Christensen Rifles.