Its a choice that people listen and watch us, and I just want to thank people for trusting us and watching us, Tysdal said in her teary goodbye earlier this month. Lue is 36 years old in 2021. 1 most stressful city for U.S. workers, To get these special tacos, drive out to the Houston Ship Channel, 'This is about profit': Houston leaders condemn HISD takeover, Principal fired for reading 'I Need a New Butt!' Subscribe to our weekly newsletter, In The Know, to get entertainment news sent straight to your inbox. In February, he announced he would be signing off for the last time on March 4. Well, makes sense to me now due to the fact Aragon is on the channel 2 space beat. She spent 28 years at KPRC reporting on the streets and on the set, first as a traffic reporter and later as an anchor for primetime newscasts. Houston media blogger Mike McGuff notes Gutierrez' exit comes a few weeks after his co-anchor . New episodes post at 6 p.m. Thursdays. Whether movers in Fort Collins are helping you Jake Shapiro is a breaking news reporter at The Denver Post. This is what Houston looks like from space, Meet the Astros prospect tearing up Spring Training, MLB legend makes surprise appearance at Astros' Spring Training, Report: Houston ranked No. Steven Romo (who is married to Stephen Morgan, above) left his role as ABC13 weekend morning anchor and reporter to move to New York City with Morgan. Follow the links to read their reports and follow them on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Scott Levin is a multiple Emmy award and Edward R. Murrow winning anchor who joined WGRZ-TV Buffalo, NY in the Fall of 1998 as the 5, 6, 10 & 11 o'clock news anchor. She was named 2002 and 2007s Best Television Personality by the Houston Chapter of American Women in Radio and Television, and newscasts she has anchored have won multiple Lone Star Emmy awards. What Happened To Chris Gutierrez KPRC? I am thrilled to be returning to KPRC News, my home for the past 7 years, in a new and exciting role. Dominique Sachse covering London Olympic Games in 2012, Dominique Sachse covering Rio Olympic Games in 2016, KPRC 2 anchor Dominique Sachse shares how to look and sound your best on Zoom calls (click2houston.com). WELCOME TO KPRC 2, RILWAN BALOGUN! Aragon's last day on air with KPRC will be Saturday August 27, 2022. March 1 (UPI) -- Hoda Kotb and Savannah Guthrie are both taking time off from NBC's Today. I have learned so much and have grown tremendously. "Nearly four years ago, you welcomed me into your homesand the love and support I've felt since then has been more than I could have ever dreamed of," she wrote. A self-described cinephile, Balogun joined KPRC as a reporter in November. Erika Erickson June 21, 1984. UPDATE NOVEMBER 2022Sofa Ojeda's KPRC 2 return is here, UPDATE OCTOBER 2022Sofia Ojeda returns to KPRC 2. And over at KDVR/KWGN, Natalie Tysdal and Sam Boik chose to end their time on TV for now. Starting Monday, former KPRC 2 weekend news anchor Sofia Ojeda will return to anchor KPRC 2 News Today alongside Owen Conflenti, and anchor Lisa Hernandez will be promoted to the midday, noon, and 4 p.m. newscasts. Top editors give you the stories you want delivered right to your inbox each weekday. KREM 2 News has been covering the news, weather and sports in the Inland Northwest for more than 60 years. Alabama, at WPMI-TV as the anchor of a legal show and a reporter for the evening newscasts. What Happened To Chris Gutierrez KPRC? His final day at the station on air. "After many months of reflection and prayer, I know this is the right time for me. The general manager and president of KTVN 2 News said the station cut off anchor John Potter during its morning broadcast Wednesday as the longtime Reno TV personality started to reveal . All rights reserved. In addition, he is the father of two lovely children and resides in Houston, Texas. Rose-Ann Aragon announced last night she is leaving her reporter position with KPRC 2 Houston. What exactly took place at KPRC with Chris Gutierrez? With McDonough's move comes a few other anchor swaps at Central Florida's NBC and CW affiliates. While at KOCO 5, she covered the I-40 bridge collapse in Webbers Falls, Oklahoma. The newest addition to the KPRC news team hails from Nashville, Tennessee. Furthermore, he stated that his mother and father require his assistance, and that he must be present with his mother and father through a difficult period. KREM.com is the official website for KREM-TV, your trusted source for breaking news, weather and sports in Spokane, WA. 1 / 2 Michelle Imperato Anchor News Team Connect Michelle Imperato joined WESH 2 News as an anchor in June 2014. Meanwhile, many people are wondering if he has started a new career. She is a graduate of Spring Branch Independent School Districts Memorial High School, and the University of Houston with a radio/television journalism degree. Trent Bennett is a weekend anchor and weekday reporter at NBC2. Ivory Hecker left Fox 26 on June 15, a day after going off-script during a live broadcast at 5 p.m. to accuse Fox Corporation of censorship. Garcia, who graduated cum laude from Texas State University in San Marcos with a degree in electronic media, started her on-screen career at an ABC station in the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas. (Photo Wilson Parish) I t was a surprising no holds barred Q&A when popular KPRC Channel 2 news anchor Dominique Sachse, the woman with 1.5 million YouTube followers, was in the velvet hot. The move begins Monday, November 14, 2022. And of course being able to spend way more time with my precious family. A Houston native, Froehlich began his television career as a production assistant with KPRC in 1999 before debuting on air as an anchor and reporter at KREX in Grand Junction, Colorado. In her announcement, Sachse said she would focus on her social media presence, including a YouTube channel with over 1.5 million subscribers, and a book slated for release on April 5, 2022 titled Life Makeover: Embrace the Bold, Beautiful, and Blessed You.. Houston's television roster saw a flurry of on-air departures toward the end of the year, but new faces have steadily appeared to keep the news flowing for 2.5 million local viewers. UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2022Rose-Ann Aragon announced on Facebook she is now working for Microsoft. Houston truly is a special place and one I will hold near and dear to my heart. Danny Fujikawa Mother Melissa Linehan Is Getting Her Backyard Remodeled On TV, Yellowstones Lilli Kay Announces Relationship With Girlfriend Juli Kocemba With PDA on Instagram, Olivier Richters Girlfriend Desiree Stuijt Is Not Only His Lover But Also His Best Friend, Brittney Palmer Bio: Family, Husband & Net Worth, Molly Eskam Age, Net Worth & All Biography Updated Dec 2022, Morgan Ketzner Wiki, Bio, Age, Boyfriend, Fitness and More. embrace change and new ways of working, are critical to our collective and continued success, will protect and create jobs, and are finally in line with the contracts of other media companies across the city and the country.. I start on 12/15. WKRN News 2 | Meet the Team WKRN News 2 Sign Up Nashville 73 News Middle TN Crime Tracker Nashville Clarksville Murfreesboro Tennessee Kentucky Tennessee Politics Black History Month. I could not be more excited to announce that I have officially hung my real estate license with Keller Williams Integrity in Cherry Creek, he wrote on Twitter in January. Im excited about the new chair Jennifer and Jeff have pulled out for me delivering our critically important content to new audiences. She enjoys binge-watching anime and films makeup tutorials in her spare time. Randy Wimbley, a reporter at WJBK-TV (Fox 2 Detroit), will leave the station this week, he announced in a Facebook post Friday. How Should RTD Deal With the Drug Problem on Trains? If you need help with the Public File, call (713) 778-4745. Dominiques career began in local radio, as a Metro Traffic reporter for a variety of stations. Me & @KHOULauren debut Sun AM show in 1/2020, so its fitting we worked 1 last time. 6 Comments. During her nearly four years at KPRC, Nol covered the Tokyo Olympics, the Houston Astros in the 2021 World Series, as well as KPRC 2's "Bells for Abigail" series. Davis is a native of New Jersey and as a reporter covered breaking news. Natalie Tysdal, a winner of Westword 's Best TV Anchor award , has been one of the most familiar faces on Denver TV for years thanks to a series of gigs at sister stations KWGN and Fox31,. ", As expected, broadcast technicians at WTTW-Channel 11 voted to ratify a new contract with the Window to the World Communications public television station Thursday, ending a 23-day strike by Local Union 1220 of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Join the Westword community and help support John Mecom, Jr. talks Warwick Hotel, fountain and more. Prior to KPRC 2, Ojeda served as an anchor/reporter at WNEP 6 in Scranton, Pennsylvania, anchor/reporter at WTEM 18 in Elmira, New York, and anchor/reporter at WIVT/WBGH NewsChannel 34 in Binghamton, New York. Prior to that role, he anchored CBS 2's weekday evening newscasts at 5, 6, and 10 p.m. with Irika Sargent [2019-22]. Here is a look at all moves covered by TV reporter Rob Owen in 2021 (so far): Departures &#9679 . A Detroit native, Wimbley will be leaving his position . The move was prompted by the hiring of Joe Donlon, announced this week by CBS 2 president and general manager Jennifer Lyons and news director Jeff Harris. Through the 1980s Camp was known to Chicago Tribune readers as Paul Camp, the paper's acerbic dining critic and later features editor. This is a carousel. Thank you always!!". Before ABC13, Rascon had worked as a national correspondent for CBS News and as a reporter for ABC7 in Los Angeles, according to ABC13. Dominique anchors KPRC 2 News at 6 and 10 p.m. and works on special reports throughout the year. The umma cum laude University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign grad interned with ABC Newschannel 15 WICD and CBS WCIA 3 both in Champaign, IL with another internship at NBC 5 Chicago WMAQ. Please join me this weekend morning, Saturday and Sunday, my final weekend morning shows on TV starting at 6 am. She first came to Houston in March 2006 as a co-anchor of KPRC 2 News Today and has since gone on to anchor multiple newscasts, including KPRC 2 News at 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. Meet the people who report on the weather, news, and sports in St. Louis, Missouri. The impending takeover of HISD by the TEA dates back to 2019, when Wheatley High School triggered a state law by failing to meet accountability standards for seven consecutive years. Prepare early for competition team auditions! Kotb's Instagram page also had her 2.2 million followers spiraling after her page transitioned from posts about her family and her job to inspirational quotes. She came to Houston from WNEP 6 Northeastern Scranton, Pennsylvania where she an evening anchor/reporter. August 30, 2021. Alan Campbell is an Emmy award winning anchor who anchors NBC-2 News Today starting at 4:30am Monday through Friday. Meet the Astros prospect tearing up Spring Training, Texas tornados destroy homes, leave 300,000 without power, Proposed Texas bill would offer 12 weeks of paid family leave, Heres how you can watch 'Daisy Jones and the Six', Texas Republican wants to ban access to abortion websites, Dallas Morning News reporter calls mayor 'bruh,' gets fired. Anchors Christine Nol and Lauren Freeman each recently announced their departures from Houston's KPRC 2. HOUSTON We are excited to announce that former KPRC 2 weekend news anchor Sofia Ojeda will return to anchor KPRC 2 News Today alongside Owen Conflenti, and anchor Lisa Hernandez will be promoted to the Midday, Noon and 4 p.m. newscasts. Copyright 2021 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved. Chris stated unequivocally that he was quitting the KPRC to spend precious time with his household and friends. Dominique received the Outstanding Young Communications Alumna and Distinguished Alumni awards from UH. but it can also be stressful. John Mecom, Jr. talks Warwick Hotel, fountain and more. According to Chriss statement, he intended to make up for the time that COVID-19 had stolen from him and his family over the course of the subsequent years by spending quality time with his loved ones. "I am so grateful for your love and support and endless kind messages. Meet The Team 2 NEWS John Seibel Weeknight Anchor Brooke Moore Weeknight Anchor Lauren Wood Morning Anchor Zac Pitts Morning Anchor Riley Phillips Weekend Anchor / Multi-Media. What Happened To The Journalist? To my dear friends and colleagues- thank you. All it took was one week as a fill-in anchor for Houston-area viewers to witness her passion and professionalism after her live coverage of the San Jacinto River fire. Outside of TV news, Aragon also works with the UniPro - Pilipino American Unity for Progress as a Texas advisor. To have an outlet to talk wrestling and interact with fans is tremendous for him and his co-hosts." The College of New Jersey grad interned with WABC in both the station's news and sports departments. ABC13 reporter Patrina Adger joined the station in November from KOCO 5 in Oklahoma City, where she worked as a general assignment reporter. Calling it "a great way to give our fans even more compelling content," Danny Zederman, director of content at ESPN 1000, said: "Having known Jonathan for almost 20 years, I know how much he loves wrestling. Hayley previously worked [] Anchor Hayley Wielgus co-anchors the 5, 6, and 10 p.m. newscasts with Bob Mueller. "I will be making videos, doing interviews, and bringing you interesting stories. Wendy Corona and Justin Farmer will continue to anchor Channel 2 Action News at 4 p.m. Rascon, who has co-anchored the midday and 5 p.m. newscast for 23 years, said he wanted to focus on personal and community service projects. "It's an opportunity to increase the brand's impact with new partnerships, programs and initiatives." Longtime KPRC reporter Phil Archer began his television news career in 1976. In addition to this, he is a devoted father to his two beautiful daughters and makes his home in Houston, Texas. Dave Froehlich joined KHOU as a morning news anchor in November after 8 years anchoring Good Day Austin on Fox 7. Now, the New Pittsburgh Courier has learned that Newell will join the major-market ranks, leaving Pittsburgh, the 23rd-largest TV market, for Atlanta, the 8th-largest TV market. Art Rascon will depart from ABC13 at the end of the year. But its mainly service to community, which is how Ive always seen my role and will continue to do so in my new endeavors, Dominique said. Chris Gutierrez Health Update Where Is He Now? A Houston native, he joined the Houston Chronicle as a summer 2021 intern. On social media, reporter and anchor Brian Wood . Local television meteorologist Becky Ditchfield wasnt the only one to leave our airwaves recently. Robert K. Elder, Chicago journalist, author and digital media executive, has been named president and chief executive officer of Outrider Foundation, a nonprofit media group based in Madison, Wisconsin, focusing on security issues, public policy and social justice. Are ticket costs pricing Houston Astros fans out of Opening Day? The Emmy award-winning journalist has proudly called Houston home since her arrival in 1975. Its sad to say Goodbye Houston but my last day w/ @KHOU is this TUE. "To say that my departure is bittersweet is an understatement," Wimbley said. Born in Lima, Peru, Sofia moved to the U.S. as a child, growing up in New Jersey. The weekend morning anchor/reporter has two children. book to class, Willie Nelson's new album is a lovely tribute to a fellow country legend, Two ocelots were photographed crossing a road in rare South Texas sighting, Astros GM Dana Brown sees bright future for top prospect Drew Gilbert, Turner: TEA is giving Houston ISD two optionsclose school or be taken over. Robservations on the media beat: Despite losing his role as main news anchor at WBBM-Channel 2, a gracious Brad Edwards said he will "always be CBS 2's biggest cheerleader." After three years alongside co-anchor Irika Sargent, Edwards will shift next month to primary anchor for CBS News Chicago, the 24/7 streaming news service, and continue as an investigative reporter at the CBS-owned . Some of her favorite recognitions, however, come from the community. Check the full bio for relationship details. Not only was I back in my hometown, but I also returned to the station where I got my start in the news as an intern in 2005.". Hayley has been part of the News 2 team since 2017 and loves living in Music City! You are just minutes from Greenwood & Myers Mortuary is the first choice for many families when they are seeking funeral services in Boulder. Lisa Hernandez joined KPRC 2 in June 2020 as co-anchor of KPRC 2 News Today with Owen Conflenti and KPRC 2 News Midday with Andy Cerota. (Courtesy FOX 2). Dave Spencer Dave Spencer is a reporter for FOX. Nevertheless, as of this moment, there is no such information available regarding the state of his health. We wish Dominique all the best; she will always be considered a Houston institution and a part of our KPRC 2 family!. Become a member to support the independent voice of Denver Ive accepted a job w/ @News12 as one of the weekday meteorologists. Roger Friedman began his Showbiz411 column in April 2009 after 10 years with Fox News, where he created the Fox411 column. Feb 6, 2023. News Team Cory Stark Anchor Cory anchors News 4 at 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. on weeknights. The video includes recordings of her bosses saying she should not have asked about hydroxychloroquine in an interview with Dr. Joseph Varon, chief of staff at United Memorial Medical Center, who used the drug as part of a cocktail to treat COVID-19 patients. You can keep up with Dominique and learn more about her through her website dominiquesachse.tv. Now 73 and living in Benton Harbor, Michigan, Camp began her gender transition six years ago. I have always known that chair was not mine, Edwards replied to my inquiry. However, at this time, there is no such substitute for his health problem. Former Fox31 sports reporter Taylor Brooks tweeted this photo on May 26, her last day at the station. independent local journalism in Denver. Where Is Dawna Friesen From Global National? Rita Garcia joined ABC13 on July 26, hosting weekday morning news from 4:30 a.m. to 7 a.m. Texas native Rita Garcia returned to Houston television on July 26 to host ABC13s weekday morning news with co-anchor Samica Knight and meteorologist Elita Loresca from 4:30 a.m. to 7 a.m. Garcia, who replaces longtime anchor Tom Koch, had once worked at Fox 26 before moving to Los Angeles to anchor the Good Day LA morning show on Fox 11. Chris returned to KPRC in March 2020 after working at KXAS in Dallas. What Happened To The Journalist? Longtime anchor Art Rascon told audiences on Sept. 30 he would depart from the station and local television at the end of the year. Learn More About Chris Gutierrezs Wife And Family Details, Who Is Mimmo Malfitano? Chris Gutierrez is a multi-award-winning American journalist who has worked in the field for over 20 years. Then this big news drops. Aragon joined KPRC in May 2017 from WCPO 9 Cincinnati, Ohio where she was a multi-media journalist (MMJ). Gundetection data raises concernsAftermath | West Texas town looks like Mars after dust stormGrind | Houston is the No. - Dominique Sachse to leave KPRC 2 Guzman will anchor channel 2 Houston's 6 and 10pm newscasts Monday through Friday starting on January 10, 2022. While I am excited, there is no doubt - I will miss you all very much. This year's awards dinner May 6 at the Union League Club of Chicago will mark a return to an in-person event after back-to-back virtual ceremonies. Britta Merwin, who had been the morning meteorologist for KPRC, left in May to become morning co-host for Fox Weather, CultureMap reported at the time. Here is a part of what Aragon wrote on Facebook: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip, Click to leave your thoughts on this post here, KXAN Austin has transmitter issues due to ice storm, Courtney Zavala's video after leaving Houston Life, Tiffany Craig will be off KHOU 11 Houston for a little time, Texas TV news and radio job moves February 2023, Lyle Lovett talks 19th Grammy Awards nomination. Thursdays comment of the day: Doug Strickland: The main reason behind all the anchor turnover is all the leadership change. She seized an opportunity at KPRC 2 in 1993 for the morning show traffic position as she continued to pursue her career in journalism. Get the latest updates in news, food, music and culture, and receive special offers direct to your inbox. Before that she was an MMJ/Reporter/Fill-In Anchor/Fill-in Producer for WEEK/WHOI-TV NBC News 25 ABC HOI-19 News Peoria, Illinois. (Here is the link.) Hailing from West Michigan, Nol first joined KPRC 2 in 2019 and went on to anchor the station's noon and 4 p.m. newscasts. He has reported from over 70 countries on five continents, along with nearly every US state, including covering the Oklahoma City bombing. Introduction : Wendy Corona is a news anchor and reporter for WSB-TV Atlanta from Cox. Wendy Corona Age, Married Husband, WSB Wikipedia Bio, Family. Robservations: Sports anchors away Lauren Magiera leaves WGN, Kaitlin Sharkey leaves Fox 32; The Score picks up Gabe Ramirez, My childhood dream became the honor of a lifetime, Robservations: Sun-Times moving to Old Post Office; ABC 7 opens weekend anchor slot; Medill tracks local news decline, Robservations: StreetWise raises cover price; Sventoonie takes a break; Friends of Chicago Reporter mark 50. Its been an honor to serve communities as a journalist for nearly a decade. Josh Elliot was abruptly fired by CBS News on Monday and escorted out of the building by security. Denver's independent source of It's a sister-station to WPXI in Pittsburgh; both are owned by . This new role allows me to stay in Houston. The Headline Club established the awards in 1977. Edwards also serves as a CBS 2 Investigator along with Dave Savini, Dorothy . KUTV CBS 2 provides local news, weather forecasts, traffic updates, notices of events and items of interest in the community, sports and entertainment programming for . "We wish her all the best as she pursues her next chapter in life," Lane said. The awards honor excellence in journalism in 100 categories, encompassing newspapers, magazines, TV, radio and digital media. KTVU news anchor Frank Somerville was off the air again Tuesday following his abrupt exit from a Sunday night newscast in which his speech was slurred and he appeared sluggish. But over the past year-plus, the pace of such departures has increased markedly, and many of those moving on have done so not to climb the broadcast-journalism ladder, but to start over in entirely new careers. Local News and Information for Spokane, Washington and surrounding areas. See you in one week, Colorado! . She worked for several small TV stations before joining KABC and KSBJ Radio 89.3FM. Al Roker slowly backed out of frame as co-host Sheinelle Jones announced the news on live TV. I have spent most of my adult life at KPRC, and the staff here is like family to me. It is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a company focused on solving problems and empowering people from all walks to life to make an impact and achieve. Read more Lacey Lee April 4, 2022 Lacey Lee joined the NBC2 team as a reporter in. Previously, he was Springfield's KRBK-TV. Jacob Rascon will join ABC13 as a reporter and anchor in 2022. Suzanne Santo and Husband Nic Pizzolatto Got Married At A Beautiful Wedding At The Backyard, Kritika Khurana (That Boho Girl) Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More, Diipa Khosla: Age, Height, Education, Biography, Boyfriend, Family and more. On the other hand, he frequently publishes lovely images of his family via various social media handles. Vic Faust, the Fox 2 news anchor who last week directed a profane tirade at a female co-host on a local radio show, has been fired by the television station. Last summer Edwards was awarded the prestigious National Edward R. Murrow for Excellence in Writing, drawing praise from CBS 2 news boss Harris as "one of the finest storytellers and writers in our industry," adding: "And what he produces is as close to art as we can get with words, sound and video. 1:38. - WIVT/WBGH NewsChannel 34 Binghamton, NY - anchor/reporter, - ABC7 WABC New York - news desk assistant.