It is also the last year of the non-engraved sweet sixteen. Year std.16 sWeet 16 1953R1-R3100 S1-S3700 1954R3100-R20800 S3701-S24850 Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:56 pm, Here are a couple of my favoritesthe elusive Sweet Sixteen 3 Shot, Posted: In 1999 Browning issued the "Final Tribute" version featuring engraved scens of John M. Browning, the F.N. Guns made in 1952 will have a serial number between 346,001 and 387,000. The popularity and success of the Sweet Sixteen from 1937 through 1947 earned it a permanent place in Browning marketing as the 1948 engraved Sweet Sixteen. 1947 is also the only year the 3 shot 2 16ga was marketed in the USA. If it was an all original unmarked 5 hole, Sweet Sixteen, 3 Shot in excellent condition a collector may pay $2,000.00 +. Her work has been published by the "Western Herald," Detroit WDIV, USAToday and other print, broadcast and online publications. you won't be using that gun for "Double Doubles". And Sweet 16s manufactured in 1953 will have a serial number from 387,001 to 438,000. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". Barrel clean and smooth. The new value of a BROWNING A5 shotgun has risen $125.35 dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $1,925.36 . Took the A5 to the range yesterday. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected. It may have in fact have been produced in 1951 but left Browning one to three years before or after 1951. The Auto-5 will be discontinued for 2000. morngstar, thank you for that very informative post on a favorite subject. To find the year of proof of your (Post 1975) Browning or Miroku shotgun youll need to find the Serial Number. Identify your Sweet 16 from the late 1940s: Guns made in 1947 will have a serial number between 237,001 and 249,000. Although she writes about a wide range of topics, her areas of expertise include fashion, beauty, technology and education. For guns made after World War II, serial numbers or a combination of letters and numbers will aim you to the manufacturing year. This guide is for the Browning A5 16 gauge only. Posted: It gets complicated as to why some were early or late. And Sweet 16s manufactured in 1953 will have a serial number from 387,001 to 438,000. PRE 1975 SERIALIZATION: Browning Hi-Power - Spur Model. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. And Sweet 16 guns made in 1957 will have the letter "G," followed by a number from 23,0001 to 85,000. Ive never even assembled it. BROWNING SERIALIZATION 1975 TO CURRENT: In 1975 Browning began using the two (2) letter code system (located in the middle of the serial number) for determining the year of manufacture. 186. The production of the Auto-5 began in 1902. Serial number 5S423xx, dates to 1965. Now you can date your Browning firearm. Wed May 20, 2015 6:36 am, Posted: Don Balke (B. You must log in or register to reply here. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Identify the year your Sweet 16 was manufactured if made from 1976 through 1992 (when production of the Sweet 16 ended). This would be a Auto-5 "Final Tribute" 12 ga., manufactured in 1999 with the serial number 1001. see Browning Website Available in type 1, 2 and 3. Load 4, call "Pull!" A Sweet 16 shotgun made in 1976 will have the code 01001RT221, with RT representing the year 1976. But Trump is the traitor. Manufacturer - Browning Model - Auto-5, Sweet 16, vent rib barrel Serial number- S287517 Date of manufacture - 1962 Estimated Value Range -see below. A Judith Leiber Evening Bag Is it an un marked Sweet? The Browning A5 or Auto-5 was patented in 1900. . Serial began with 1000 99999 followed by the model code 221 Sweet Sixteen and 171 Superlight 16 and two letter year ( T=6, R=7, P=8). The second most rare Sweet Sixteen, a 1947 2 3/4 chambered 3 Shot. I'm not arguing. July 16, 2013 Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. Just picked up a 1969 sweet sixteen. Login Register Menu. Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:42 pm. Search Full Text of Listings . Beginning with Serial Number 1 to approximately 228,000. Description, Lot of 3: Bisque Child Dolls. I have looked for records online that would tell me when this gun was built and haven't found very much information on serial numbers this small. Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:26 am. Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:14 pm. In 1999 Browning issued the "Final Tribute" version featuring engraved scenes of John M. Browning, the F.N. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. I am not familiar with this gun or any antique shotguns. 3 When was my Sweet 16 shotgun manufactured? I am sorry to ask a silly question. G=Light Weight. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. I do know someone locally but will keep Art in mind. Want to know date of manufacture and thanks fatcat458 Grasshopper peedad peedad peedad peedad Sign In or Register to comment. Identify the year your Sweet 16 shotgun was made from 1958 through 1967. How can I tell how old my Browning firearm is? Most were really clean and showed little wear/abuse, None were priced over $900.00 and the couple of dinged up beaters were priced at $400.00 and one with a Polychoke was at $350.00. Serial Number. A common mistake I have seen in many, many, gun shops and online sites is to assign the 12ga serial number date to a 16ga. No cracks in the forend. SOLD Curio/Relic: Yes Manufacturer: Browning - Belgium Model: Sweet Sixteen A5 Serial Number: S 84237 Bore: Excellent Chambers: 2 3/4 Gauge Info: 16 gauge Manufacture Date: 1957 Chokes: Modified See all listings by Privacy Policy. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Getting one of these extremely rare original factory issued guns at a standard gun price is a trophy in itself. The serial number coding system changed to the serial number preceding the date code. Guns manufactured in 1956 will have the letter G, followed by a number between 1 and 23,000. Identify Sweet 16 shotguns that were manufactured in the early 1950s: Sweet 16s made in 1950 will have serial number between 285,001 and 315,000. Identify pre-WWII Sweet 16s: As stated in the introduction, pre-WWII Sweet 16's did not have engraved serial numbers. Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:12 pm, Posted: And Sweet 16s made in 1949 will have a serial number between 270,001 and 285,000. General Specs: Browning, Year 1961, 16 Gauge, 6lbs 14oz, Semi Auto. I have owned this gun for the past 35 years and hunted it carefully. Factory and the Browning Brothers first store. For guns made after World War II, serial numbers or a combination of letters and numbers will aim you to the manufacturing year. In 1969 Browning started using two digits for the date of manufacture which was followed by a four digit code that identified the type of Auto-5: In 1976 Browning standardized its serial number identification which it followed until 1998. Welcome to the updated GunBroker.com forums. Serial number is 1S 66882. 2 3/4 inch chamber. If your gun was made earlier than 1949, look at the trigger -- only Sweet 16 shotguns will have a gold trigger. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Morgan, UT 84050 The 12 month average price is $1,579.16 new and $1,061.12 used. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Wow. How do I tell what year my Sweet 16 was made? From 1940 to 1946 production of the Auto-5 was turned over to Remington. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Copyright & Trademarks Serial # A69143 has a recoil pad installed and reinforcing pins of dowel rod at the wrist. I will post them here later tonight. Not a scratch. Serial Number beginning with 01001 at the start of each year. And Sweet 16s made in 1949 will have a serial number between 270,001 and 285,000. The 12 month average price is $1,869.33 new and $1,471.22 used. But I am rather confused. Posted: Factory and the Browning Brothers first store. Only 1,000 of these were produced in a high-grade wood. Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:09 am. Browning Sweet Sixteen, 16 gauge Auto-5 shotgun, made in Belgium. Identify your Sweet 16 from the late 1940s: Guns made in 1947 will have a serial number between 237,001 and 249,000. In fact the Sweet 16 doesn't show up until 1953 with the prefix "S" the others without the S are standard weight. First 10,000 shipped to U.S. Posted: The 16ga number 1 began in 1909. Guns made in 1948 will have a serial number between 249,001 and 270,000. Dating these old guns are at best an educated guess. Can't find an "X" serial number on Brownings site. I bet a lot of people have been fooled by unscrupulous sellers over the years. Look at the serial number on the receiver of your shotgun. Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:32 am. What was the last year of the Browning Sweet Sixteen? New In Box! But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Simmons vent rib, outstanding high grade figured wood, recoil pad, and Cutts compensator. The serial number found on your gun has the answer. Want to know date of manufacture and thanks. Getting one of these extremely rare original factory issued guns at a standard gun price is a trophy in itself. Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04. Sell your browning sweet 16 for FREE today on GunsAmerica! One Browning Place The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Identify your Sweet 16 from the late 1940s: Guns made in 1947 will have a serial number between 237,001 and 249,000. Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:42 pm, Posted: >>>BROWNING A5 16ga SERIAL NUMBER DATE GUIDE<<, http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149176&highlight=#149176. Marked as Belgium made. I have the letters he sent to Browning requesting the slug barrel, strap and swivels. To find out about your gun's serial number simply click on your firearm. What is the serial number on a Browning A5 Sweet 16? I need to clean mine. It is not a vented ribbed. 10 What is the serial number of a 1951 Sweet 16? Posted: Thanks. Be sure to check out his videos while you're on his website. barrels, checkered walnut stock, engraved receiver, Browning Sweet Sixteen, 16 Gauge Shotgun Browning Sweet Sixteen, 16 Gauge Shotgun Serial # 9S34507. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:30 am. shootbrownelk. Marked with "BROWNING AUTOMATIC ARMS CO. OGDEN UTAH-U.S.A." Very few serial number records remain. Would you like to visit Browning International? So, if I have a 16 gauge and the serial number starts with X561, that is a 1951, correct? Wed May 20, 2015 5:49 am, Posted: I printed out the Browning "Date Your Firearm" serial number information and the A5 owner's manual but the gun is old and the documentation is new and I can't reconcile everything. Buying . $1,699.99. The popularity and success of the Sweet Sixteen from 1937 through 1947 earned it a permanent place in Browning marketing as the 1948 engraved "Sweet Sixteen." 1947 is also the only year the 3 shot 2 . However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. This is the "unmarked" Browning, era of the Sweet Sixteen. My husband inherited it from his grandfather and we are trying to find out more about it (not to sell it, for personal knowledge). Description, Lot of 10: Bisque and China Dolls. Taisho/Showa. A common mistake I have seen in many, many, gun shops and online sites is to assign the 12ga serial number date to a 16ga. Browning 12ga numbers began with number 1 in 1903. Posted: JavaScript is disabled. New. Description, Sweet Lenci All Felt Child Doll with Lucia, Lot of 2: German Bisque Dolls. User Agreement It also has a choke "thingy" and a new pressure plug? This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. 1936 Sweet Sixteen test market gun, all original, matching numbers. The 1946-8 unmarked Sweet Sixteen don't have the speed load feature which hurts value for some. Thanks, Posted: You are correct about the stock. The serial number will begin with 01001, followed by two letters, and end in 221. It does not store any personal data. John M. Browning began work on his first 37mm Aircraft Cannon. Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:30 pm. 2 What is the serial number on a Browning Superlight 16? Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. It sat in a safe for 40 years, so it's getting new springs and a good cleaning. 1947 Post war Belgium made X Prefix Series. No serial number distinction between the Sweet 16 and the Standard 16 gauge A5. Hi, Welcome to SGW. The original Auto-5 was designed by John Browning in 1902 and was the first truly functional semi-automatic shotgun. Dec 10, 2012 Hello, A Browning Auto-5 Sweet Sixteen manufactured in the year 1965 will have a serial number on the bottom of the receiver that starts with " 5S ". Does anyone know anything about the 1936 Sweet Sixteen ? Browning Hi-Power - .30 Luger. Description: A Beautiful 1971, never been fired Browning Sweet Sixteen Belgium Made SOLD Shotgun Gauge: 16 Gauge Manufacturer: Browning A5 Model: Sweet Sixteen Serial Number: 71S3522 Barrel Length: 26 Bore: 99 Chambers: Full Choke & Modified New Extra barrel - Belgium made Ejectors: Yes Condition: New Metal Condition: Excellent Produced by F.N., John M. Browning ordered 10,000 of these shotguns in his first order. A for 16 gauge, B for 12, and C for 20. Absolutely crushed targets with that full choke. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. Year starting serial number 1963 9219 1970 9559 BROWNING SERIALIZATION PRE-1975 SERIALIZATION serialization, firearms may be serialized with either . Browning 12ga numbers began with number 1 in 1903. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in journalism and English from Western Michigan University. It has the FN logo on the butt and a vented barrel. I will probably have the barrel threaded for screw chokes. To find your serial number, you will need to refer to your owners manual. "The "X" serial number prefix series began with serial number X1001 that was accepted in the warehouse on January 15, 1947. Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:26 am. The card listed the serial number as beginning with an X. What is the difference between Browning 12ga and 16ga? According to what the Blue Book says and Zrexxer stated about his Sweet, I would say yours was made in early '58. If it really is an original vent rib sweet sixteen gun in that condition, it is worth a couple thousand dollars to the right person. Identify Sweet 16 shotguns that were manufactured in the early 1950s: Sweet 16s made in 1950 will have serial number between 285,001 and 315,000. From then, Fabrique Nationale, a Belgian, took the production and proceeded with that for the next 75 years till 1977. Won it in a big raffle and stored it for safe keeping i suppose. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. If your Sweet 16 has the serial number 74G1,987, this would mean your gun was manufactured in 1974. The 16ga number 1 began in 1909. I guess you are the A-5 man about these parts. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. Buy a browning sweet 16 online. What was the last year of the Browning Sweet Sixteen? You are using an out of date browser. Metal in good shape. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. I recently took a quick look at a Browning A5 16ga. Browning A-5 16 Gauge Shotgun For Sale. Your browser is out of date and may not be able to properly display our website. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. It has a 27 1/2" inch plain barrel with a fixed modified choke and bead front sight. Description, 18th C. Spanish Colonial Wood Santos Cage, ALTERED HARPERS FERRY MISSISSIPPI RIFLE WITH. How can you tell what year a Sweet 16 shotgun is? Guns engraved with the "Serial Number" of 1 to 228,000 were made from 1903 through 1939. JavaScript is disabled. Posted: at the start of each year. The serial number will begin with 01001, followed by two letters, and end in 221. I'm guessing that your serial number either has an x in front of it, which would make it a 1951 model, or an s in front of it, which would make it a 1956. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". Thanks for the pics. I wonder what the matching S/N's do for the value to a collector? The Auto-5 was discontinued for 2000. Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:08 pm, Posted: Only 1,000 of these were produced in a high-grade wood. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! My dad would kill me if he seen how dirty it was. Fabrique Nationale, in Belgium, made the Auto-5 for 75 years, and then production moved to . Wed May 20, 2015 6:54 am. Posted: Now that you've verified that you have a Sweet 16, rather than a standard 16-gauge shotgun, follow the rest of the steps to find when it was manufactured. I am having a hard time believing what the Browning Historian just told you. Nice gun. Browning A5 Sweet Sixteen Wicked Wing 16Ga! Thanks for the opportunity to answer a great question. By Bruce Buck I n spite of the somewhat similar names and humpback look, Browning's new A5 Sweet Sixteen. Here is my latest Sweetie. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Perhaps add it as a post to the timeline thread, like Martin did with the proofmark info. Should be something online google. Last bump unless someone else thinks this is important too. From 1940 to 1946 production of the Auto-5 was turned over to Remington. So I dunnodoes not really matter as it's an heirloom safe queen. Look at the serial number on the receiver of your shotgun. Gun is 100%. What is the serial number on a Browning Superlight 16? Serial Number: 67212. The Sweet 16 is lighter than Browning's standard 16 gauge by 10 oz. Comes in the A5 hard case with the chokes and everything you would expect. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. A common mistake I have seen in many, many, gun shops and online sites is to assign the 12ga serial number date to a 16ga. In 1957 - 58 the prefix was "A" for the Sweet 16 lightweight and "T" for the standard weight 16 ga. Was looking at barrel markings and looks like it has the letter i on the barrel which I believe is 1970. It seems to be a shooter grade X series unmarked Sweet Sixteen. The American Browning's serial number is on the left side of the receiver instead of on the bottom, and it has a prefix. Browning 12ga numbers began with number 1 in 1903. Thanks again and Merry Christmas, one and all. This is the first year of standard production of the 2 inch chambered 16 gauge. 4 When did the Browning Sweet Sixteen come out in America? Identify the year your Sweet 16 was manufactured if made from 1976 through 1992 (when production of the Sweet 16 ended). Everything you posted fits, but my receiver has BROWNING with the bust beneath it and an R in a circle above it and engraving on either side. Oopsmy gun has an X in front of the serial number, but it is not marked Sweet Sixteen and does not have a gold trigger. These are among the rarest of the A5 Sweet Sixteen but are priced as standard 16 gauge A5s in value guides. Identify your Sweet 16 from the late 1940s: Guns made in 1947 will have a serial number between 237,001 and 249,000. Serial began with 1000 99999 followed by the model code 221 Sweet Sixteen and 171 Superlight 16 and two letter year ( T=6, R=7, P=8). What percentage of offspring would be expected to have short whiskers? 1101 Mason Circle Drive Pevely, MO 63070 Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4:00pm CST, 2023 Midwest Gun Works, Inc. - All Rights Reserved. Let me see if I have this straight, if we get NUKED, it will be by Missiles built by technology given to China by Bill Clinton, funded by Iran with money $$$ given to them by Obama, with warheads developed by Uranium sold to Russia by Hillary. The popularity and success of the Sweet Sixteen from 1937 through 1947 earned it a permanent place in Browning marketing as the 1948 engraved "Sweet Sixteen." 1947 is also the only year the 3 shot 2 16ga was marketed in the USA. The receiver features scroll engraving and . A forum community dedicated to Shotgun owners and enthusiasts including the Remington, Beretta, and Mossberg shotguns brands. *LOT OF 3 BROWNING A-5 SEMI-AUTO SHOTGUNS. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. If you do not have the original owner's manual, you can find the owner's manual online at the Browning website. Buy Very Rare Browning A5 SWEET SIXTEEN Auto 5 Belgium 16 Gauge : GunBroker is the largest seller of Semi Auto Shotguns Shotguns Guns & Firearms All: 973796330 . These are among the rarest of the A5 Sweet Sixteen but are priced as standard 16 gauge A5s in value guides. It's interesting that your barrel has a matching serial number as FN supposedly stopped matching them in 1953. A common mistake I have seen in many, many, gun shops and online sites is to assign the 12ga serial number date to a 16ga. How do I find the year of proof on my Browning? The barrel has the matching S/N, 108xx. 800-333-3288 | 801-876-2711, Chat with us < /a>, powered by < a href = "https://www.livechatinc.com/?welcome" rel = "noopener nofollow" target = "_blank" > LiveChat < /a>. Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:02 am. I love this gun. An FN in a circle is stamped above the serial number under the reciever. All Sweet 16 shotguns made in 1949 and on will have "Sweet Sixteen" engraved on the left side of the receiver. Prior to 1924, few serial records remain. This guide is for the Browning A5 16 gauge only. Browning Hi-Power - Ring Hammer Model. Now that youve verified that you have a Sweet 16, rather than a standard 16-gauge shotgun, follow the rest of the steps to find when it was manufactured. This would be an Auto-5 Magnum 12 ga.,manufactured in 1976 with the serial number 01001. Guns manufactured in 1956 will have the letter "G," followed by a number between 1 and 23,000. Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:33 am. What are 10 interesting facts about Walt Disney? This is the unmarked Browning, era of the Sweet Sixteen. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. It is Belgium made, flat safety, vented barrel, recoil pad. it has a Cutts compensater I believe it was used as a skeet gun it also has an old recoil pad that was added. Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:03 pm. JavaScript is not enabled on your browser - our site will not work for you as intended. H=Standard Weight. When did Sweet Sixteen 16 gauge come out? The two sets of numbers are different. When was my Sweet 16 shotgun manufactured? The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". All the 16ga Belgium barrels (Sweet 16 and standard) are interchangeable. You may find a better price locally, but Art's has a great reputation with Auto-5s. These are typically dated 1936 and 1937. Attributed to William Wendt (California, AREA RUG - 31" x 60" - Circa 1890-1900 hooked. These are the holy grail when it comes to collectible . Look at the bottom of the shotgun receiver. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. LETTER NUMBER Z 1 Y 2 X 3 W 4 V 5 T 6 R 7 P 8 N 9 M 10. Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:51 pm. The used value of a BROWNING A5 shotgun has risen $25.35 dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $1,082.71 . Please feel free to ask other questions you may have on that gun. It looks like it was sent to Simmons for the 50s/60s top shelf upgrade. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. The two sets of numbers are different. Learn prices & values for these Browning firearms: Browning Hi-Power Modern Production - Spur Hammer. I found three different lists but these dates seem to be the best. I paid $500.00 for my fancy wood, beaver tail fore customized 1940 A5. This was John M. Browning's last pistol development. It is also the last year of the non-engraved sweet sixteen. The guns made during this time period were again stamped with a "G," a serial number starting at 1,000, and also bearing the last two digits of the year it was made. I have been curious about mine. It is definitely a stealth. Serial Numbering System changed. Please enable Javascript and refresh the page for a safe, secure, and complete shopping experience at Midwest Gun Works. Production of the famous "A-5" ceased after this final tribute. I can see why these guns have always been so popular, almost iconic in the handling characteristics and visual appearance. What is the serial number of a 1951 Sweet 16? ?????? It is also the last year of the non-engraved sweet sixteen. Will pick it up later this week. M=Standard Weight. In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. It looks like you're new here. By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. What are the requirements of administration? Please feel free to ask questions via text or email during the day and via phone in the evenings. S11600. The owner said the barrel was modified by a Browning to add a ring between the barrel and receiver so that it shoots 2 3/4 ammo. "ABC" for American made Version. Sweet 16 guns manufactured in 1940 through 1946 will have the letter A, the year of manufacture, plus a number between 229,000 and 237,000. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. This guide is for the Browning A5 16 gauge only. It appears the one I referenced is a 1955 Sweet 16. Year of manufacture on Pre-World War II production is strictly a guess. Gold trigger and safety behind trigger. However, the earliest date a 16 gauge was completed and accepted was serial number X1019 . I have a Browning Sweet Sixteen serial # A3xx. EIGHT MLB AUTOGRAPHED SUPERSTAR BASEBALLS: FIVE MLB SUPERSTAR AUTOGRAPHED BASEBALLS: Two studio pottery sweet dishes Date Sold. Production of the famous "A-5" ceased after this final tribute. This is a nice "untouched" original Belgian Browning Sweet Sixteen that anyone would be proud to carry afield or to the range. In 1969 Browning started using two digits for the date of manufacture which was followed by a four digit code that identified the type of Auto-5: In 1976 Browning standardized its serial number identification which it followed until 1998. A-5 (AUTOMATIC 5) SHOTGUN . Thank u very much-Ive had my sweet 16 a lot of years and when I take it hunting, it very seldom misses. The two sets of numbers are different. 4 How many 1956 & 1957 Sweet 16 guns were made? Sweet 16 guns manufactured in 1940 through 1946 will have the letter "A," the year of manufacture, plus a number between 229,000 and 237,000. that is set for low-base ammo. The new value of a BROWNING A5 shotgun has risen $106.35 dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $1,639.83 . "SWEET 16" - 1961, 99% FACTORY ORIGINAL CONDITION. I have one of the 1947 "X" 16's, X108xx. The 16ga number 1 began in 1909. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Produced by F.N., John M. Browning ordered 10,000 of these shotguns in his first order. Guns made in 1952 will have a serial number between 346,001 and 387,000. What are various methods available for deploying a Windows application? In 1953 Browning changed the Ser. Sweet 16 guns manufactured in 1940 through 1946 will have the letter A, the year of manufacture, plus a number between 229,000 and 237,000. 6 How can I tell how old my Browning firearm is? Look at the serial number of your Sweet 16 to identify the year it was manufactured from 1969 through 1976. Look at the serial number on the receiver of your shotgun. Will post pictures soon. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Points great, and cycles with no problems. 9 What was the last year of the Browning Sweet Sixteen? I believe the entire run of American Brownings was between 1940-42. I have a 1953 12 gauge and the serial number on the barrel ring matches the receiver but is off by 4 on the extension. Pinpointing the exact manufacturing year of early Sweet 16s is a bit difficult. Serial number 69s xxxxx. Look at the bottom of the shotgun receiver. inertia-driven autoloader is very different from the old Auto-5 Sweet 16.. From 1958 serial numbers were preceded by the date of manufacture. see Browning Website Available in type 1, 2 and 3. Serial number is on the side of receiver. What experience do you need to become a teacher? 3 What is the serial number on a Browning Superlight 16? Since JavaScript is disabled, you will not be able to properly navigate, add items to your cart, or place an order.