According to a July 2019 column in The New York Times, there are 2,000 such cameras in use in New York City alone. If you speed by this and dont see it you probably dont need to be behind the wheel. This post was edited by BiasedOpin 2 years ago. You can also visit our website www.AlabamaSpeedingTicket.com for more information. When I was in school Jacksons Gap and Camp Hill were always hiding in the woods somewhere trying to catch speeders. Then local lawyers whose expertise matches your case will contact you with quotes. This helps us protect the site from spammers. Brantley, Alabama Speeding Ticket Attorney Defense Attorneys There are some cases where a ticket is issued incorrectly, so you should avoid paying the fine if you are not guilty. Most courts offer payment options online, by phone, by mail, or in person. Brantley, AL. Your attorney can request a hearing for you and represent you in court. Thats the bottom line. Twelve states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. Virgin Islands currently have at least one speed camera in operation. The Brantley Municipal Court does not accept personal or company checks. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Look up your local laws and see if your county or town has any additional speeding penalties. Protect your license! The Lawyers at BrantleyAlabamaTrafficTicketDefenseAttorney.com handle Speeding Charges throughout Alabama and other traffic violations for out-of-state clients and residents of Alabama in Brantley and throughout the State of Alabama including Crenshaw County, Butler County, Pike, Montgomery, Covington, and Lowndes County. The amount of your fine will be printed on the ticket, no matter which county you received the ticket in. Town of Brantley 2022. The court date will be listed on the ticket. by James Young | Nov 14, 2018 | Traffic Tickets | 1 comment. When your ticket is successfully resolved, I will provide you with the final disposition, court paperwork, and any instructions to follow if there is a fine to pay the court to keep your ticket off your driving record. If you opt to go this route, we recommend hiring a traffic attorney to help you make your case. For information about your traffic citation and related fines, please refer to your traffic ticket Dont make the mistake of giving up by just paying your ticket. He went above and beyond the call of duty. UTC Letter. I was better off hitchhiking, which I did several times over the year I was stationed there. AL driving record. They can stay elevated for 3-5 (sometimes 7!) When you lose, you pay for the Arbitrator, then you pay the fine. The court will let you know if you are approved and send you instructions on how to sign up for the course. Making good use of my time in Rome, I thought I would continue to offer you what I hope are useful historical and cultural insights from The Eternal City. Alabama speeding tickets are calculated a little differently than in many other states. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. We have helped hundreds of clients with tickets for speeding, speeding 25 mph over the limit, Reckless Driving, Violation of the Move-Over Law, and many others. Most Alabama drivers who receive speeding tickets have fines between $190 and $300. The program is designed to help students learn safe driving habits to keep them safe on the road. 1. Youll be able to choose an attorney whose experience and budget are a good fit for you, without having to spend a lot of time searching. Call us today at (866) 348-2889. It is what my British friends call stealth taxation. And like the Beatles or a French fashion craze, the popularity of these devices is making its way across the Atlantic. Pay the fine and move onbut never speed or stop over the lines anytime you go through that area again. Over this time, you may literally pay thousands in additional premiums. You are correct that a 'speeding ticket' (a Uniform Traffic Ticket and Complaint, or U.T.T.C.) Please be aware that your failure to respond to the First Notice from the Brantley Speed Safety Program constitutes a violation of the Town of Brantley Ordinance No. If 6,000 cars come through in a day, I began, and more than half of them are speeding, and everyone gets an $80 fine as I did, thats a minimum of $240,000 per day., Yes, sir, that is a lot of money. Looking for Traffic Tickets in another state? How can a POLICE department send me a ticket that is non-legal binding? Hundreds of Traffic Cases handled. Pay Ticket If you commit any of the following traffic violations, you could have your driver's license suspended: For more information visit our 36009 Physical Address: 10 M.L. I received via certified mail a speeding ticket from Brantley Alabama ("Brantley Speed Safety Program"). Visit our website for more information www.BrantleyAlabamaTrafficTicketDefenseAttorney.com. If you believe you are not guilty of the speeding offense, you should contest the ticket. Debit/credit cards (fee applies) may be used by calling (334) 527-8624. A speeding violation will also add two or five points (depending on the speed) to . Good thing I had filled up with gas when I left Pensy. You may be able to resolve this before the court date by using the On-Line Traffic Resolution System (OTR) website. Have you been charged with a Traffic Violation or Speeding Ticket in Brantley, Alabama? Alabama DMV Point System page for more details. Unfortunately, you cannot remove any additional points by taking a defensive driving course. If you reach 12 points, your drivers license will be suspended. Your email address will not be published. Phone Number of the Circuit Clerk and the Traffic Clerk Office Hours of the Circuit Clerk's office Mail Payment Information (Address, Payment Types that . As you come into Brantley, the speed drops from 65, 55, 45, 35. Brantley has been a speed trap for a long time. But, because we share bank accounts, it doesn't really matter who pays the fine. You only need an account if you would like to comment on speed traps. Many people pay tickets they receive, thinking that it will have no impact on their life. There is a possibility your car insurance rate might go up if you receive a speeding ticket. You were sent the ticket because you are likely the registered owner of the vehicle. The initial consultation is free of charge. Reply. You most likely will not need to appear in court. Looking for anyone who has dealt with the traffic cameras and how they dealt with it. Brantley, Alabama. The simplest way to avoid getting speeding tickets is to be conscious of your local speed limits and watch out for weather that might impact road conditions. traffic court in the county where you were ticketed. Wise to Explore All Options Before Simply Paying Your Ticket You can look up the fine amounts in any county in Alabama on the traffic service center website. Each county is hyperlinked to the specific county's website that contains county information such as but not limited to the following. "Failure to Stop" at a stop sign. Alabama Traffic Service Center There are several options to choose from when paying Alabama Traffic Tickets. Tickets can be paid online through Govt Portal or by calling 251-262-6200. So what about Brantley, Alabamas lone camera? (Or I could pay online here.) Will incur a convenience fee. (866) 348-2889 Use the state's online payment system, Alapay, by finding the county in which you were ticketed, and following the instructions for paying online (including paying the convenience fee). If you have been charged with a Speeding or other traffic citation in Brantley, you need the experienced statewide traffic defense attorneys. If you select FedEx, you have the option of selecting Priority Overnight . That camera slows no one down. Phone: 866-954-9399. They can also negotiate with the prosecutor to help reduce or drop the charges against you. If you choose to pay your speeding ticket, you have a few options for how to do so. Our conversation went something like this: Who sent me this ticket? I asked. Call 24 Hours a Day (866) 348-2889. We have helped hundreds of clients with tickets for speeding, speeding 25 mph over the limit, Reckless Driving, Violation of the Move-Over Law, and many others. Its just a revenue generator., "Speed cameras are government at its worst: a money-grabbing, impersonal bureaucracy that does all of this while claiming to be doing it for you for your health, for your protection, for your safety. file size: 25 MB. Select the option requesting the court to attend driving school. Check your syntax! We ask you to consider supporting this important work in an ongoing basis or, if you prefer, perhaps you will drop a few buck in our tip jar. All contributions are tax-deductible. All rights reserved. My father received a ticket in mail with video that did not show his actual speed. I called to verify the ticket was legit, because it looks awfully commercial (of course, it's all done by a for profit company). Any information contained herein is meant only to be informative and should not take the place of hiring a Traffic Defense attorney to help you with your case. But you might want to have a better defense than, "how do you know i was driving". Unsafe operation of your vehicle: 2 points. Youre right. We were both in agreement, which seemed odd since one of us was a government employee. Pay Tickets Online - Brantley, Alabama, Brantley Municipal Court Brantley Municipal Court Mark Smyth, Judge | Davina Mount, Clerk/Magistrate PO Box 44, 10 MLK Dr., Brantley, Alabama 36009 Important Information There is a service fee for processing payment (s) online or over the phone. This should trouble you more than a little. Alabama takes speeding seriously and levies particularly harsh penalties on repeat offenders. You can also pay the ticket in person at the circuit clerks office or mail it to the office if you prefer. But its for safety., But it isnt, I argued. You can pay them and pay the ticket, but this means that you are pleading guilty to the speeding offense. Thats the bottom line, Twelve states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. Virgin Islands currently have at least one speed camera in operation, this classic Pace Picante Sauce commercial, lawmakers have proposed banning the cameras, Since Florida deployed red light cameras the speed cameras evil twin on state highways in 2016, it has seen a $100 million annual increase in revenue from traffic violations, a for-profit company in the business of fleecing you with your governments assistance, Redflex has been lobbying state legislatures for years, Redflex is not alone in lobbying state governments, American Traffic Solutions, Affiliated Computer Services, Sigma Space/Optotraffic, and Traffipax have all written checks to support their own candidates, It required special permission from the State Legislature. Failure to follow a traffic signal (such as a stop sign or traffic light): 3 points. Depending on your county in Alabama, you may be able to pay your traffic ticket fine: Online . You can also choose to go to court if you want to dispute your ticket. Driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs. Payments are accepted at all times with these options. www.BrantleyAlabamaTrafficTicketDefenseAttorney.com. We are a nonprofit. court costs or receive criminal penalties unless you're cited for an unrelated moving violation. When and where are the Town Council meetings? Brantley, Alabama Traffic Citation Defense Firm focused on aggressively protecting your driver's license. Towns major industry was traffic fines, followed closely by the fortune tellers trailer. Once a violation is two years old, its points are removed from your record. It can effect my credit if I don't pay, but it will never show up on a criminal record. Called to ask why I had gotten the ticket. Call us today at (866) 348-2889. Brantley, AL 36009 334-527-8624 54 Miles south of Montgomery Home of basketball greats Chuck and Wesley Person Brantley Senior Center - Monday through Friday Community Choir "Front Porch Christmas" parade July 4 th Parade Brantley Recreation Park Brantley School - Kindergarten through 12 th grades He's old enough (81) to know better as Brantley has been a. I questioned a little more about what would happen if I requested a hearing, how could they prove it was me driving, radar calibration documentation etc, and the woman basically said if I request a hearing, it will probably be dropped. Very happy with Mr. Reggie Smith that represented a traffic speeding ticket for a Class A CDL truck driver employed by a Florida trucking company. You can pay your speeding ticket online at AlaPay.com or by calling the Traffic Service Center's Interactive Voice Response System at 1-877-252-7294. The Town Council meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:00 PM in the Council Chambers at City Hall. Payments are accepted at all times with these options. If you prefer to request a court date by mail, you may check the box on your ticket and mail it to the court. Snead, Al and Ohatchee, AL are also speed traps. Yes, in Alabama you can hire an attorney to help you with your speeding ticket. Cost me $15 in 1960, and I don't know how they knew it was all I had in my pockets, but it was. Speed cameras are not new. NOTE: You must have your traffic ticket so you can enter required information, such as your citation number. In this case, youll need to notify the court in writing ahead of time. I had got nabbed on radar. They are legal as they are just a civil fine. Each municipality has its own courts and laws, which is unlike many other states. Brantley has been a speed trap for a long time. To verify this, you can call your insurance agent to ask them what effect a conviction will have on your premium. Call us today (866) 348-2889. I'll go and set up a meeting with the arbitrator." We welcome Bobby Phillips as the Brantley Recreation Director. Even if this is the first ticket you have ever received, it is better to fight to keep the conviction off of your record. The Town of Brantley requires a yard sale permit in the corporate limits of the Town. The lawyers at BrantleyAlabamaSpeedingTicketAttorney.com handle Speeding and other traffic violations for out-of-state clients and residents of Alabama in Brantley and throughout Alabama, including but not limited to clients in Crenshaw County, Butler County, Pike, Montgomery, Covington, and Lowndes County. If you choose to pay your ticket online through the Alabama Traffic Service Center, youll have to pay a convenience fee of 4%. This should be illegal. All rights reserved. Date of Birth. However, having even 1 conviction for a traffic violation can add points to your license and increase your insurance premiums. I'm more looking for ways to just get out of paying based on any thing along the lines of they can't prove it was me so if I fight it they will just throw it out. In certain cases, a court appearance may be required. AlabamaTrafficTicketPaymentLawyer.com, Alabama Traffic Violation and Speeding Ticket Defense Attorneys. If you have any questions about your bill, please stop by Town Hall at 10 M. L. King Avenue or call 334-527-8624. Tiger82 said (original post)The camera is usually right there by the high school. And that wasnt even a holiday or weekend. From the moment you retain the Brantley, Alabama traffic defense attorneys, we are there for you, answering your questions and helping you through what can be a difficult time. I called the Brantley Police Department for answers, and the kind (and possibly nave) person taking my call readily supplied them. You can not only avoid paying the fine, but you might alsobe able to avoid having points added to your record and paying higher insurance rates for years to come. years. See, Rule 4.1 Alabama Rules of Criminal Procedure and Code of Alabama, 1975, section 15-10-8. For questions regarding credit card payments: Phone: 251-344-3333. I called to verify the ticket was legit, because it looks awfully commercial (of course, it's all done by a for profit company). American Traffic Solutions, Affiliated Computer Services, Sigma Space/Optotraffic, and Traffipax have all written checks to support their own candidates. So skeptical has this Red State been of this kind of government, that lawmakers have proposed banning the cameras. Published by larry on November 18, 2019 Brantley, Alabama, population 809, isn't known for much. ebtiger24 said (original post)When I was in school Jacksons Gap and Camp Hill were always hiding in the woods somewhere trying to catch speeders. Whether its a small town like Brantley or a metropolis like New York City, the Redflexes of the world know exactly how to tailor their sales pitch to appeal to their sort of civic duty: They offer them a legal, efficient means of extracting more money a lot more money from you. 3. i recieved two speeding tickets from a speeding camera on back to back days in the ton of brantley alabama. This may have been in the town I once lived in. Our course helps you learn quickly and easily, using state-specific questions and easy-to-understand answers.