He's a spokesman for Condition One and has modeled for brands including Pentax Camera. Get behind me and take cover, he says. He served in the Swedish military spending 18 months in the SkJakt unit that dealt with anti-sabotage and anti-terrorism in the Stockholm archipelago and then returned to acting. They call Colbert The Iceman. Colbert kneels down over the kid, right next to his mother, and starts crying. Yeah, they're going to bumble. Cpl. Three of his brothers Bill, Valter, and Gustaf are actors. Beat the record I made in high school when I was on the debate team. Carisalez, a salty-mouthed Marine who freely criticizes the Marine Corps and the war throughout the deployment, was informed after his return that he too could face administrative punishment for his comments. Colbert was adopted into a Jewish family. He grew up with Gustaf, Sam, Bill, Eija, and Valter, and two half-brothers from his fathers second wife, Megan Everett. The American Legion identified limits on attorneys fees related to Camp Lejeune Justice Act claims as one of its top goals. While most of the enlisted Marines in Bravo Company who make appearances in the book and show left the Marine Corps shortly after their deployment, Colbert chose to make a career of the Corps, retiring Oct. 24 as a master sergeant with 20 years of service. Evan 'Scribe' Wright ", He did lose some friends, and said he experienced some ostracism within the close-knit reconnaissance community as a result of the unvarnished account. Alexander Skarsgard is a renowned Swedish actor. 77). Oh cute. There are some who have done their best to move past the fame and infamy of "Generation Kill." Jammed!, My Mark-19 is down! Colbert screams on the radio. It's definitely important.". He makes clownish faces at Colbert, trying to make him laugh. Though he considers himself a Marine Corps killer,hes also a nerd who listens to Barry Manilow, Air Supply and practically all the music of the 1980s except rap. Praise Mary Ella Simmons (DMXs Daughter) Bio, Age, Parents, Siblings, Fathers Death, Millie Bobby Brown Bio, Age, Boyfriend, Films, Net Worth, Tenoch Huerta Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth, Awards, Movies, and Tv Shows, Dhanush Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth, Music, Songs, Movies, and Tv Shows, Callan Mulvey Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth, Accident, and Career. Shit, in the middle of all that madness by the bridge he observes those dudes in the trees waiting to kill us. Movies. While his brother Marines cavort and laugh around him, Colbert says, I would never socialize with any of these people if we werent in the Marines. (. I think people are used to seeing the reality of things. While other Marines were out drinking and chasing whores, Colbert went off alone to prowl electronics stores. : For his efforts during the Iraq War, Colbert received a combat meritorious promotion to Staff Sergeant and went on to serve two years with the Royal Marine Commandos as part of an exchange program. Wait a minute, you were on the debate team? Perfect shitting opportunity. When he spoke with Military.com in July, Colbert, 42, was still on active duty as a project officer for Raids and Amphibious Reconnaissance at Marine Corps Systems Command, the branch of the service responsible for developing and acquiring new gear and equipment. When push comes to shove even Rolling Stone picks up a gun but this fuckin' shill of God, he can't cover a sector, he'll never hump ammo or Claymores. Lizzy Caplan Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Husband, Freaks And Geeks, Movies And Tv Shows, and Net Worth, Rachel McAdams Movies, Bio, Wiki, Age, Husband, and Net Worth, Copyright 2023 | WordPress Theme by MH Themes, List of States in the US, Alphabetical list of States in the U.S., and Abbreviation of States in United States. If the series can be said to have a Being the lead vehicle of the company, racing onto an airfield to fight tanks and AAA guns without a heavy weapon is a disaster in the making. Three of his brothers Bill, Valter, and Gustaf are actors. His back is tattooed in a garish wash of color depicting a Louis Royo illustration of a warrior princess babe from Heavy Metal magazine. War is death," Person said. As far as Reyes is concerned, he owes no debt to the show for the exposure it afforded him. If a single protagonist emerges in "Generation Kill," it's Sgt. Shasta on a broken ankle, carrying 150 pounds of gear. He's not an enthusiastic fan of "Generation Kill," but he said it accurately captured "how foul-mouthed and dirty we were. Now not only do we have to worry about all the Charms you've eaten, but now Brad's just pissed off God. Mortars explode so close we feel the overpressure punching down on the Humvee. [5][8][9] Colbert has 3 children out of wedlock. He looks helpless. He is a man of tall stature. When he was 19, he applied to perform his national service and served in the Swedish Armed Forces. For her to be able to see it on the screen and have it so accurately portrayed just visually, I loved that," Person said. " Wright was an embedded reporter who rode in the backseat of Colbert's vehicle during this time until his departure on May 4, 2003. Brad 'Iceman' Colbert I hope your time with us is enjoyable and productive., His politeness is so exacting it almost makes him come off like a prick. Producer: Danielle Bernstien Brad had such an ease; he's not a guy who had to exaggerate the fact that he was in command. Additionally, he had a vasectomy, stating that he felt eight children were enough. Brad 'Iceman' Colbert played by Alexander Skarsgard on the HBO original program Generation Kill - Official Website for the HBO Series . [to Colbert] At that point, he knew for sure he wanted out of the Corps. The year before, he was awarded a Navy Commendation for helping to take out an enemy missile battery in Afghanistan. : They did not paint things [subtly] in that black-and-white TV world. Sgt. He was born on August 25, 1976, in Stockholm, Sweden. Brad describes the significance of this old tradition of the giving of the paddle that dates back to WW II and is still carried on by the Recon Marine community today.To help us to continue to create content of this nature and support our impact campaign, visit: https://www.documentary.org/project/homemadeLearn more about Homemade here: https://www.homemadethefilm.com/Learn about Clear Films here: https://clearfilms.com/Director/Director of Photography: Jason MarisProducer: Danielle BernstienField sound: Ace HarneyEditor: Stephanie ZinnesSound Design: Andrew OlsonImpact Producer: Tess FennAssociate Producer: Sarah Glenn Boman Yeah, I was really really fucking good, but all the other guys on the team thought I was high all of the time. at Fort Benning. Additionally, the series has seven seasons with 80 episodes. But Colbert will not allow his team to give in to the frenzy and shoot unless the men finds clear targets (. I cant wait. (. Colbert's vehicle driver and counterpart is Cpl. Three of his brothers Bill, Valter, and Gustaf are actors. Cry 'havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war. Im scared every time I do it. He adds, Thats probably why I love diving.. They eat a lot during lulls in firefights. One of the topics Homemade and the related impact campaign explores is the period of transition from Active Duty Military Service to Retirement and Civilian Life. Evan Wright about Brad Colbert ("Generation Kill ") You won't ever catch Sergeant Brad Colbert, the twenty-eight-year-old commander of the vehicle I ride in, engaging in any moto displays. Menu. Cpl. I think this war has lost its allure for him. Hasser's reservations about the series come not from any concerns about how he was personally portrayed, but more from a reticence about the publicity it afforded the traditionally secretive Marine reconnaissance community. Speaking of which - one of you guys still has my girlfriend's picture. Having watched him cry a few days ago after the shooting of the shepherd, I suspect its not always easy being the Iceman. Where other Marines speak of the special bonds of kinship between them, the mystical brotherhood formed in the crucible of shared hardship, Colbert shuns the crowd. Skarsgard has appeared in numerous movies and tv shows. 138), Hunched down by Colberts vehicle, I am so disoriented at this point that I actually think for a moment that the sandy field we are in is a beach. (. Official Sites Josh Ray Person He remains upright, eating. For Colbert, his confidence in the project was bolstered when Wright approached him to ask his blessing to turn the three-article Rolling Stone series into a book. Brad is an advisor on the film and was Adam's MSgt. Reply . Brad 'Iceman' Colbert Wright said he worked to involve as many Marines as possible in the production of the show, with roughly a dozen participating in roles ranging from consulting to background voice work. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. He is also known for his platoon's role in and perception . 294-295), Upon his return, Colbert received one of the highest honors in the Marine Corps, a combat meritorious promotion to staff sergeant. | In addition, he is set to appear in the thriller Infinity Pool which is in post-production. (. [2] In the Iraq War, his platoon, the 2nd Platoon of Bravo Company of the 1st Reconnaissance Battalion led by Lieutenant Nathaniel Fick, was often at the spearhead of the initial invasion, with his team, of which he was team leader, often on point. Even barring all of that, what we're capable of and what humans are capable of is phenomenal. Release Dates As a professional warrior, politics and ideology dont really enter into his thoughts about why he is here in the desert, waiting to invade a country. This interview is with Retired USMC Master Sergeant Brad \"Ice Man\" Colbert. Marines tear into their MREs. Brad Colbert (born July 25, 1974) is a former active duty United States Marine, whose platoon's role in the 2003 invasion of Iraq was featured in a series of articles in Rolling Stone by Evan Wright. He crawls under the Humvee and spends several hours chipping away at the three-inch layer of tar and sand clinging to it from the sabka field. Nate Fick (HBO), Colbert hates country music, but regardlessly still sings King of The Road by Roger Miller when Walt is driving and while Ray is resting in the back of the humvee in the final episode. Oh, no. Nobody gave anybody a hookup.". Rudy Reyes is the unchallenged king of Bravo Company. Traumatic Brain Injury May Be an Answer. "Civilians can have attention deficit disorder," he said. We were not interested in veterans' issues at that time; we were not interested in anything except forgetting," he said. You should never have gotten married. Less than half an hour before, Colbert had been talking about stress reactions in combat. ", Now he's an envelope-pushing stand-up comedian in Los Angeles who performs five to seven nights a week, he said. What the fuck did you do to him? "It's like listening to yourself on the answering machine; you sound like an idiot," he said of seeing his conversations and remarks reproduced. Like many of the Marines portrayed in the show, Reyes makes no attempt to gloss over the pain and the moral conflict he still grapples with, more than a decade after the invasion. He grew up with Gustaf, Sam, Bill, Eija, and Valter, and two half-brothers from his father's second wife, Megan Everett. Brad 'Iceman' Colbert Alexander Johan Hjalmar Skarsgrd, was born 25 August 1976 & is a Swedish actor. [to Person] After Iraq, the Marines of 'Generation Kill' Regret Nothing, Here's How to Get a 2023 MLB.TV Military Discount, UN Nuclear Head Meets With Iranians Amid Enrichment Concerns, Philippine Governor, 5 Others Killed in Brazen Attack, China: Defense Boost to Meet 'Complex Security Challenges', Air Mobility Command Removes Tail Numbers and Unit Info from Planes, Alarming Watchdogs, All Combat-Injured Vets Would Keep Their Full Retirement, Disability Pay Under Proposal, Better Housing, Health Care, Pay and a Call for National Service Needed to Buoy Recruitment, Enlisted Chiefs Say, 2 Commanders Among 6 Fired from Jobs at Minot Air Force Base, Veterans' Emergency Room Bills Could Get Repaid by VA Thanks to Change, US Army Artillery Officer Dies During Assignment in Thailand, Trading on Patriotism: How Extremist Groups Target and Radicalize Veterans. Whether than the war was right or wrong, these guys stood up for something bigger than themselves.". Team 1's Alpha Leader, the 28-year-old Colbert considers himself a "Marine Corps killer," but is not given to outward displays. Cpl. Nothing, man, he answers. 252). Sgt. Skarsgard gained fame in the US film comedy Zoolander and then played Marine Brad Colbert in the miniseries Generation Kill. All rights reserved. Colbert informs the Marines flattened in the dirt that the thunking was unmistakably the sound of Marine Bushmaster weapons. Paris Davis, Black Green Beret in Vietnam, Finally Awarded Medal of Honor at White House, Ex-Army Private Gets 45 Years for Plot Against His Unit, Hawaii Congressional Delegation Asks IRS to Exempt Red Hill Families, Navy Seabee Battalion Honored in Decommissioning Ceremony, Is Deactivated After 80 Years of Building and Fighting, Some Neck and Hand Tattoos OK for Airmen and Guardians Under New Policy Aimed at Helping Recruiting, Nuclear Base Fired 6 Service Members Over Failed Safety Inspection, Defense Official Says, Fuel Spill on Sacred Hawaiian Volcano 'Harmed Our Reputation,' Air Force Secretary Says, Veterans Group Pushes Cap on Attorney Fees in Camp Lejeune Water Cases Despite Political Divide on Limits, Disabled Vets Post Stunning Job Gains as Economy Remains Hot Despite Inflation, Coast Guard Relieves Commander Following Deadly Collision, Coast Guard Swimmer Recounts Dramatic Rescue of Alleged Oregon Yacht Thief and Goonies Prankster, Security Expert: Valid Reason for TikTok Concern, TFR 224 - Discussion on Mental Toughness with Jeff Nichols, TFR226 - LTC Nick Barringer PhD Discusses Nutrition for Joint Health, Invest In Yourself - Time and Consistency Are the Keys. Its not that he cant take it. Skarsgard is a renowned Swedish actor. Youd never guess what a bad motherfucker he is. Espera felt sorry for Colbert when they met a few years ago.They were in different units but happened to find themselves on leave together in Australia. Wright was an embedded reporter who rode in the backseat of Colbert's vehicle during this time until his departure on May 4, 2003. Scary, isnt it? he adds, smiling brightly. Look at that skinny-ass dude, he says. The Generation Kill of Kastonvia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sgt Brad Iceman Colbert with a fair hand, and renowned for its lack of airports, ubiquitous missile silos, and devotion to social welfare. ", Kelly's exposure in the show led to a host of new acting opportunities -- he has since had roles in hit shows including "Fringe," "House of Cards," "Homeland" and "Army Wives," as well as a role as a military officer in the Bradley Cooper blockbuster "American Sniper" -- but it has also given him rare access to military culture through the show's fanbase. He is possibly single. | He then had a lead role in the Swedish television production Hunden som log. He pays nearly $5,000 a year in auto-motorcycle insurance due to outrageous speeding tickets. Brad "Iceman" Colbert and Sgt. After returning from the battalion headquarters, he sits him down beside the Humvee and says, Trombley, no matter what you might think, or what anybody else might say, you did your job. Nearly two dozen rounds slam into it almost right away. Skarsgrd then returned to Sweden, where he continued to hone his acting skills in films and plays such as Whos Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and Bloody Wedding. He also co-wrote and directed the award-winning short film Att dda ett barn (2003), which premiered at the Tribeca and Cannes Film Festivals. That was a wounding shot, motherfucker! Colbert yells, uncharacteristically pissed. Skarsgrd was in a relationship with Alexa Chung, a British writer, TV presenter, and model from 2015 to 2017. 293), We draw past the hamlet lit up so heavily by Delta. . Sgt. Critics and viewers alike were astounded by his depiction of Marine Sgt. During the War in Afghanistan, he was awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal for valor for his role in taking out an enemy missile battery. Sergeant/Staff Sergeant (Retired as a Master Sergeant). So many of the things I said, having them thrown back in my face was embarrassing. Sgt Brad "Iceman" Colbert The orderly, cerebral and unflappable squad leader of Bravo 1. To not have that story told would disenfranchise the experience of the U.S. military for the last 15 years. When we pass more farmers on the road, he pulls the barrel of his M-4 up, so as not to point it directly at them. Person, who left the Marine Corps in 2003, shortly after returning from his deployment to Iraq, said "Generation Kill" gave him a rare gift: the opportunity to share his deployment experiences in the most realistic way possible with his wife, whom he married in 2007. At least one man from Bravo company has contended with serious mental illness since the deployment, and several have had grave brushes with the law. Brad has been a speaker on post-combat stress issues for the Heroes and Healthy Families organization, and in this video he discusses his perspective on the difficulties faced when going from Active Duty to Retirement. Cpl. 136), The look on Colberts face is almost serene. "Generation Kill" Combat Jack (TV Episode 2008) Alexander Skarsgrd as Sgt. And I like to think my Marines did what was asked of them and more.". I repeat, my Mark-19 is down!, Its the first time Fick has ever heard Iceman lose control on comms. Skarsgrd was born to actor Stellan Skarsgrd and physician My Skarsgrd. Brad 'Iceman' Colbert He struggles to compose himself. He is best known for his roles as Brad "Iceman" Colbert in the miniseries Generation Kill (2008), Eric Northman in the television series True Blood (2008-2014), and Perry Wright in the television series Big Little Lies (2017-2019). : Josh Ray Person This is the Youtube channel of Brad "Iceman" Colbert from Generation Kill, the book and HBO mini series written by Rolling Stone journalist Evan Wright. I guess Brad finally slayed his dragon. After completing Generation Kill (2008), he was cast in the role of "Eric Northman," a 1,000-year-old Viking vampire on the hit series True Blood, thanks to the writer's strike (2008). Brad 'Iceman' Colbert "It's a hell of a time in our history. In the next breath, though, he admitted he and Ransone had very similar personalities and that the actor portrayed him pretty well. One of the topics Homemade and the related impact campaign explores is the period of transition from Active Duty Military Service to Retirement and Civilian Life. That's one more layer of bureaucracy and unnecessary logistics, one more asshole we need to supply MREs and baby wipes for. Most just squeeze main mealslike the pressed, crumbly steaks and chicken pattiesdirectly from the foil pouches into their mouths. Careful with the Rip Fuel. "It's so much easier to write about a firefight, where shootings happened," he said. It was his gun that fired. "There's no other show that profiles Marine Corps life like this to date.". Ferrando is portrayed as tough, unrelenting and ambitious, and consumingly eager to stay in the good graces of Gen. Mattis, to ensure his Marines stay on the front edge of the fight. Cpl. I look up to him because the dude is a straight-up warrior. True Blood (2008) was based on Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse novels and based on quality scripts, excellent acting, and the publics fascination with the vampire genre. He began his acting career when he was seven but left when he was 13. Skarsgard stands at a height of 6 ft 4 in (Approx 1.93 m). They call Colbert "The Iceman. Today, he's a 36-year-old father of three who is part of a software development start-up in Kansas city. Im not so idealistic that I subscribe to good versus evil. Brad 'Iceman' Colbert "These guys were officers in 1st Recon, USMC. But at the same time I would cringe. What? Josh Ray Person 64 and tad 7. It is that everyman and every woman story; to be able to have that narrative is invaluable.". In fact, he's an officer POG. He hands the baby back to the mother, along with a water bottle. Going LIVE - Taking Questions. Both the book and the show end with a frank discussion between Ferrando and Wright in which the reporter asks him about his seeming over-aggressiveness to send Marines into the fray, and his decision to keep an officer in his command who seemed to have become erratic and violent in the face of combat. Sgt. Also, he has starred in Angels and Demons, David Finchers thriller The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Dune, and Mamma Mia! "It was raw and real; it showed the confusion. Kelly said he knew he had to get in touch with Ferrando himself when he landed the role, and the two men quickly developed a friendly relationship, he said. Sgt. Sgt Brad "Iceman" Colbert: Yes, Sergeant Major. Brad 'Iceman' Colbert After the initial shock of "Generation Kill," most Marines embraced the narrative and its author, Evan Wright. Sgt. Sgt. Editor: Stephanie Zinnes Lets feed the ankle-biters. We throw several bright yellow humrat packs out the window. He breathes deeply, as if struggling to put his emotions aside. A U.S. Reconnaissance Marine, Colbert was nicknamed the "Iceman" by his colleagues, for his ability to stay calm in battle and his overall military competency. From 2017 to 2019, he starred as an abusive husband in the drama series Big Little Lies earning a Primetime Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award, a Critics Choice Television Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award. : For him, it's been a springboard into a fitness modeling and acting career and a host of other military-related projects. Brad Colbert (born July 25, 1974) is a United States Marine, best known for his platoon's role in and perception of the 2003 invasion of Iraq which was featured in a series of articles in Rolling Stone by Evan Wright. Hes slouched over the wheel, looking through the windshield, an almost blank expression on his face. Cpl. More like Trombley? What can I do here? he asks. Nicknamed "Iceman" for his competency and cool head, Colbert is an Afghanistan vet who's made the military his career. He portrayed Amleth, a Viking warrior prince in the 2022 epic historical action thriller film directed by Robert Eggers, who co-wrote the screenplay with Sjn. Moral courage and restraint; it was on the backs of [sergeants] and below that our military succeeded.