Barry Orton, better known by her family name Randal Barry Orton, was a popular American Wrestler. He died at the age of 90 on May 28. He has over 15 years of extensive knowledge about wrestling and he writes about it professionally for renowned websites such as Sportskeeda and Ringside News. Found the internet! Thanks to Brandon Thurston for making this available. He took to Twitter on October 24 to reveal that he had both of his legs amputated due to an MRSA infection. It was announced on Saturday that Barry Orton - best remembered as WWF enhancement talent Barry O - had passed away. He wrestled for various wrestling promotions in the United States, including Angelo Poffo's International Championship Wrestling, The National Wrestling Alliance, Interwest Wrestling Federation, Stampede Wrestling, the World Wrestling Federation, and many others. Resend Activation Email. Include gps location with grave photos where possible. I see his pets just piling on him so excited to see him again. They Put Up With It Or Get Demoted., Bodybuilder Nicole Bass pumped up a sexual harassment lawsuit against World Wrestling Entertainment because she couldnt cut it in the ring, a WWE lawyer charged yesterday. The Mass Transit incident, which involved New Jack blading a teenager, is one of the most notorious incidents in pro wrestling history. Vince McMahon was also on the show to defend himself and the company. The former TNA and WCW star died at the age of 46 by committing suicide. Be the first one to comment on this story. Barry introduced me to the comedic stylings of Bill Maher and very quickly I was obsessed with the comedian too. Tag-Team Splits Up On Latest WWE SmackDown? Photo courtesy of Heffron. A system error has occurred. By Jason Powell, ProWrestling.net Editor (@prowrestlingnet). - Gorgeous George - December 26 . 1. On March 19, 2021, Orton died in Las Vegas, Nevada, at the age of 62. Required fields are marked *. During his life, Orton used the drugs valium and methamphetamine. In a 2005 interview with Slam! Cole said that while on tour with the . He's one of the most underrated in-ring workers in the history of professional wrestling. The former actor and professional wrestler is the uncle of current WWE Superstar Randy Orton and the son of the legendary Bob Orton. Barry Orton Family Background & Career . Barry Orton had a 16-year career in professional wrestling from 1976 to 1992. He was 62 years old. Barry Orton is the son of Bob Orton Sr. and the brother of Bob Orton Jr. and the uncle of Randy Orton .. Barry O was most known as a jobber in the World Wrestling Federation .. February 23, 1985- WWF: Tony Garea defeated Barry O.. April 9, 1985- WWF: Barry O defeated Rene Goulet.. > Photo Galleries Robert Keith Orton Sr. (July 21, 1929 - July 16, 2006) was an American professional wrestler. Please enter your email and password to sign in. Advice for non-profit, educational, or personal use The balance in favor of fair use RELATED: 10 . Young Rock drafts Australian wrestler & actor Wayne Mattei as its Sgt. Please contact Find a Grave at [emailprotected] if you need help resetting your password. Your email address will not be published. I remember returning home and going outside with my husband and a glass of wine. My apologies, but no Im not going to do that. Are you sure that you want to remove this flower? RELATED: Toni Storm & 8 Wrestlers Who Left WWE After A Title Match. He competed in the promotion until 1972. Sixteen years later he was still one of my best friends. Here's the most complete list of every famous Pro-Wrestling Star who passed away, including the day and cause of death: - Frank Gotch - December 16, 1917 - Uremic Poisoning. He began his wrestling career in 1961 and retired in 1895. The son of Bob Orton Sr., the brother of 'Cowboy' Bob Orton Jr., and the uncle of Randy Orton, Barry passed away on 20 March aged 62. [King] sweitched to a guest on the phone a former WWF wrestler named Barry Orton who claimed that Garvin also accosted him in Texas in 1978, when he was just nineteen., Graham [said]: I Would Watch These WWF Men Walk Into Locker Rooms And Grab Wrestlers On The ButtocksIt Was Sexual Squeeze, A Fondling, A Sexual AdvanceThe Wrestlers Dont Like It, But What Can They Do? Michael James Penzel, who made his wrestling debut in 1980, was given the Corporal Kirchner ring name and military gimmick by none other than WWE Chairman Vince McMahon in the 80s. Fans widely are asking about the son of Bob Orton Jr., Randall Barry Orton's cause of death died after he this weekend at the age of 62. Dead at 62. Son Barry Orton wanted to honor his father by celebrating his life instead of having a "grief fest." The sponsor of a memorial may add an additional. He went to New York and began studying classical theatre, spending a year there studying with Robert Patterson. He was inducted into the 2006 class of the WWE Hall of Fame. A great in ring talent and could do it all in the ring. He was the brother of professional wrestler Bob Orton Jr., and uncle of professional wrestler Randy Orton. I have this ongoing thing that I was born 20 years too late and 10 years too early to really have made a difference with what I really wanted to do. 15 Wrestling Personalities Who Passed Away In 2020, know little to nothing about the late Butch Reed, Toni Storm & 8 Wrestlers Who Left WWE After A Title Match, Corporal Kirchner ring name and military gimmick. Randall Barry Orton has sadly passed away at the age of 62. Its kind of like good intentions gone wrong. He was like all Ortons. Barry had been one of the people to speak out about allegations of sexual abuse and harassment brought forth by young, male ring crew members. The younger wrestling fans of today might know little to nothing about the late Butch Reed, which is perfectly okay. He had 4 children, two daughters from his third marriage and another two daughters from previous relationships. Like his offspring, Orton was a main-event attraction throughout the country, but it was a brief run here in the Carolinas from 1965-66 that many longtime local fans still remember. If I saw his name come up on my phone, I knew to get comfy because we would be talking for a while. And his favorite actor was Marlon Brando. Orton also brought up hearing from another ring boy while he was still employed by the WWF. Please enter your email address and we will send you an email with a reset password code. You can always change this later in your Account settings. He was born on May 28, 1958, in Amarillo, Texas, United States. He died of a heart attack on May 14 at the age of 58. Orton worked for the WWF as Barry O. But Im also picturing my friend Barry up in heaven. Quickly see who the memorial is for and when they lived and died and where they are buried. His friend Jamie Hemmings shared a note from Barry, which she mentioned is fitting for him to have the last word, it reads: Apr 16: Impact Rebellion Garvin and Mel Phillips had been let go by McMahon shortly before the show aired, and Patterson resigned, according to f4Wonline. Barry Orton (Randal Barry Orton) died on Friday at age 62. During the opening statements, Linda McMahon, CEO of the WWE, formerly known as the World Wrestling Federation, sat at the defense table twirling her thumbs.. For memorials with more than one photo, additional photos will appear here or on the photos tab. Orton was a replacement for Hercules Hernandez who had recently been unmasked by Jimmy Valiant. He died on March 20, 2021. Tom Cole (WWE Ring Boy Scandal): "Tom Cole, now 20, started working for the WWF in 1985 as ring boy, a gofer, in Yonkers, N.Y., when he was 13 years old. - Rikidozan - December 15, 1963 - Stabbed. Close this window, and upload the photo(s) again. In that incident, Cole said, he was driven to the WWF officials house, where he was asked to smoke marijuana, snort cocaine and have homosexual sex. During his time in the company, Lanza regularly wrestled stars such as the late great Andr the Giant. New, WWE's Cody Rhodes Almost Formed A Faction With These AEW Stars Barry Orton enjoys a dinner show at Medieval Times in Las Vegas in July of 2017. he was one of famous Wrestler with the age 63 years old group. Barry even shared his own experience with one of the alleged perpetrators, Terry Garvin. Barry O was mostly recognized during his time between 1991-1992 doing media interviews accusing Terry Garvin and Pat . Orton worked for the WWF as Barry O. Barry Orton quotes. Orton died July 16 of massive heart failure in Las Vegas, a few days shy of his 77th birthday. Save to an Ancestry Tree, a virtual cemetery, your clipboard for pasting or Print. To distinguish between him and his son, he is also known as Bob Orton Sr. Bob Orton Sr. was often referred to by his nickname "The Big O". Many wrestlers and fans reacted to his death on Twitter by sending their condolences and heartfelt messages. In the 1990s, Orton made a transition from wrestling into movies, appearing in minor roles. She was also CEO of WWE for a long time. He was the first wrestler eliminated from the Rumble match. Barry Orton Wife He was married four times. And with me having a husband who has a Masters of Science in space studies, Barry loved to talk to him too and pick his brain. Instead of pro wrestling, Barry preferred to talk about politics, movies, music and outer space. Your account has been locked for 30 minutes due to too many failed sign in attempts. He was the brother of Bob Orton Jr. and the uncle of WWE star Randy Orton. An email has been sent to the person who requested the photo informing them that you have fulfilled their request, There is an open photo request for this memorial. Top draw. Following the news, Wrestling Travel tweeted: We send our heartfelt condolences from us here in the UK to the Orton family. She is also the co-host of The Figure Gore podcast. During these times Barry would ask me who would even miss him if he was gone. Ronda Rousey Injury Update: WrestleMania 39 Appearance at Risk? Edit a memorial you manage or suggest changes to the memorial manager. cemeteries found within miles of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. I can still hear the kiss sound his lips would make over the phone as he chain smoked. Try again. According to Figure Four Online, Orton wrestled under several different names during his career, including Barry Orton, Berry Orton, Barry O, Superstar Barry O, and the masked Zodiak. What You Didnt See Before WWE SmackDown This Week. Orton, Sr. was the father of WWE Hall of Famer Cowboy Bob Orton and former WWE star Barry "O" Orton, as well as the grandfather of current RAW Superstar Randy Orton. EDITOR'S NOTE: The cause of Barry Orton's death has not been released as of press time. Wrestlers who died this year (2021) Wrestlers who died in 2021 Blackjack Lanza - Dead at 86 Bobby Eaton - Dead at 62 Butch Reed - Dead at 66 Corporal Kirchner - Dead at 64 Daffney - Dead at 46 Jim Crockett Jr. - Dead at 76 Jimmy Rave - Dead at 39 Jody "Assassin" Hamilton - Dead at 82 New Jack - Dead at 58 Paul Orndorff - Dead at 71 Barry Orton wrestled under a variety of names like Berry Orton, Barry O, and Superstar Barry O. Im sure some people will find this fact surprising, but Barry was truly a space nerd! as a friend of the Ortons starting with Rita and Bob I appreciate your article. R.I.P. Oh, how he loved outer space. The cause of death has not been disclosed. I honestly dont remember what I all said, but everything came from my heart and by the end, my husband and I were both crying and missing someone who had been such an important part of our lives. Photos larger than 8Mb will be reduced. I love pro wrestling and hate BS. It was more of a guffaw really. RELATED: 15 Wrestling Personalities Who Passed Away In 2020. He was . Barrys more recent obsession was the Marvel movies. . Barry Orton Passes Away Aged 62 Randall Barry Orton has sadly passed away at the age of 62. Suport us with a Dot Net Membership and gain access to: 03/03 Powells WWE Friday Night Smackdown audio review: Roman Reigns and Cody Rhodes meet face-to-face for the first time on the road to WrestleMania, Sami Zayn vs. Solo Sikoa, Rhea Ripley vs. Liv Morgan, Santos Escobar vs. Dominik Mysterio, 03/03 McGuires AEW Rampage audio review: AEW Revolution go-home show with Dustin Rhodes and Keith Lee vs. Swerve Strickland and Parker Boudreaux, Top Flight vs. Aussie Open vs. John Silver and Alex Reynolds vs. Claudio Castagnoli and Wheeler Yuta in a four-way tag match, Emi Sakura vs. Riho, AEW Rampage Poll: Grade the March 3 live edition, WWE Friday Night Smackdown preview: The lineup for Fridays Fox show, 3/3 AEW Rampage results: McGuires review of the AEW Revolution go-home show with Dustin Rhodes and Keith Lee vs. Swerve Strickland and Parker Boudreaux, Top Flight vs. Aussie Open vs. John Silver and Alex Reynolds vs. Claudio Castagnoli and Wheeler Yuta in a four-way tag match, WWE Friday Night Smackdown Poll: Grade the March 3 edition.