On clening, dont whatever you do mention water, on a web site run by some guy named John Fuhring. Despite my kill, in my opinion, its not strong enough but fun as a backup which is why I used it. I have a Pietta with after-market Tresso nipples that are just slightly smaller and regular caps fall off, but Dynamil Nobel 1075s fit perfectly. He carried a nickel plated 8 Remington 1858 and a peacemaker. ASM attempted to revive its percussion revolvers with limited success and finally closed its doors several years back. The rifle is the best looking gun in my collection, even better than my Henry. Regulators. I had one and stupidly traded it for a nice 1911. Finish in very good condition with some scratches and nicks. I have a pieta with aftermarket Tresso nipples that do not fit the standard Remington capstoo loose, but fit Dynamil Nobel caps perfectly. Web44 Caliber; very good+ bore, good grips, 7.75'' barrel, Pietta .44 caliber Remington 1858 style six shot black powder revolver in nickel plate finish. This article makes me want to buy more guns! PS: if you want to do more target shooting, but find yourself having to sell your wife, EAA (European/American Arms (Germany) makes some beautiful peacemakers replicas in everything from 44 mag to 22 LR (the latter comes with a second cylinder for the robust little 22 magnum). My question is, How close to the Old Army is this Pietta 1858 New Army .44 cal? Chat with us; Phone us at (616) 432-6640 . One can shoot all day on a pittance. Mounted Shooting 1873 Rifle Cleaning Instructions. Web44 Caliber; very good+ bore, good grips, 7.75'' barrel, Pietta .44 caliber Remington 1858 style six shot black powder revolver in nickel plate finish. No record exists of his ever giving an Ordinary, Plain workmanlike Pistol, to anyone who might actually have to FIGHT with the badly designed piece of Junk!!!!! 6d 19h left (Thu, 11:33 AM) $29.95 Buy It Now +$7.95 shipping Sponsored Genuine ASM & CVA - Stop Bolt - For Remington 1858 Revolver - Armi San Marco New (Other) $27.95 Buy It Now +$3.99 shipping Sponsored 1860 Henry Manual. THERE ARE NO .45 Colt; 98% blue, very good+ bore, near mint grips, 3'' barrel, UBERTI CATTLEMAN REPRODUCTION OF A COLT SHERIFS MODEL IN EXCELLENT USED CONDITION. First, only one person had the cutoff date right; it is 1998 / 99. However, I am 99% sure this is an Armi San Marco because my Armi San Marco cylinders cycle, time and lock perfectly in this pistol and Some shot high except a .36 Army San Marco Colt 1851 Navy. WebThe 1858 Remington New Army is both a beautiful collectors piece and a rugged side arm. Bore in very good condition with surface corrosion, however the barrel is bulged slightly. Regular gun solvents cant remove the black powder salts. Cleaned properly, and loaded properly, a Remington Style Percussion Revolver, can be as reliable as a modern Cartridge gun. . Remington. The new value of an ARMI SAN MARCO pistol has fallen ($12.95) dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $286.19 . If you load it with 30 grains, you get about 200 ft-lbs energy. Type: Revolver. Tops all my Glocks, Berrets, Sigs, ARs, AKs etc. The Colt type sighting was crude, to say the very least! For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The same dimensional differences for width, etc will occur with the triggerguard and backstrap at the frame, but the screw pattern is always right on. Genuine Italian Army Navy San Marco ACU jacket combat field shirt Multi-camo BDU, Victorinox Swiss Army Wheeled carry on Laptop Case Architecture San Marco Black, SAN MARCO BATTALION VINTAGE MILITARY CAMO PANTS SIZE 35inch, Vintage Italian M29 army jacket San Marco camo paratrooper 60s 70s tele mimetico, Customs services and international tracking provided, WWII WW2 Vintage Italian Army Paratrooper San Marco Camo Pants Trousers, Italian army surplus SAN MARCO camouflage transport sack bag, Vintage Italian Army M29 Camo Jacket Pants Suit Paratrooper San Marco Marines, SELLE SAN MARCO NO SLIP 3D BONTRAGER SADDLE NOS, Original Genuine Cotton Blend Italian Military Army San Marco Duffel Bag, San Marco seat Saddle Regal Rosa Pink 495C057 Unused item Imported from Japan, WWII SAN MARCOS ARMY AIR FIELD NAVIGATION SCHOOL YEARBOOK 1943 African American, Saddle San Marco GI-LUX 312 Leather Vintage, Good condition, San Marco Souple prod seat saddle old school bmx black vinyl NOS, Greetings from ARMY AIR FORCE, San Marcos, Texas Large Letter Linen Postcard, (PGUN5) ADVERT 11X8" BROCOCK LTD - ARMI SAN MARCO ITALIAN REPLICA HISTORIC ARMS, vintage san marco leather seat saddle made in Italy rare (1960-1970) cruiser, San Marco Era 2000 Manufactured In October Made Italy Titanium Rail, Selle San Marco Rolls Embroidered Racing Pro Excellent condition, Postcard FL St Augustine Sunrise Castillo de San Marcos Fort The Sunshine State, Postcard FL St Augustine Cannon Castillo de San Marcos Fort The Sunshine State. Thus making it almost impossible for a cap to fall into the workings of the gun. back for a Christmas gift for his son. It is all nickle, less the cylinder and plunger, which are gold, and a walnut grip. Ive been thinking of getting one since I recently watched Pale Rider. It could not be made to run. Lock needs attention, hammer won't hold., s/n 346xx. Customer Service. Take that, and cross reference it the list below. If the shooter was a little rough with the gun, and dropped the hammer into the Half Cock Notch, the tip of the trigger could break off, radically altering the sight picture. Got a pair of Ubertis, one stainless and one blue (Thunder and Lightning). Further, any muzzle loading rifle, shotgun, or pistol which is designed to use black powder or black powder substitute, and which cannot use fixed ammunition, is an antique firearm unless it (1) incorporates a firearm frame or receiver; (2) is a firearm which is converted into a muzzle loading weapon; or (3) is a muzzle loading weapon which can be readily Fine quality pistol, exhibits high standards of I can put up to 60 grains into each chamber, though I usually use 40. 1885 High Wall Manual. It has never been fired, came in the original box with the original booklet, and is in excellent condition. My theory was that the chamber pressure was too high and the percussion cap was pushing the hammer back causing the cylinder to try to rotate while the ball was passing from the cylinder to the forcing cone. I did know enough about black powder to use soap and water and clean until the bubbles showed white with no discoloration, but I screwed up and did not fully disassemble the cylinder and firing mechanism and after three months in storage (before and after a move) it was a rusty mess. New in Box-never fired. These models have steel frames with German silver plated backstrap and trigger guard, inspectors cartouche on grip, and trade for approximately $20-$40 higher than standard Not really outrage, but an eyeroll for sure. Plain walnut grips. Grips for the Uberti 1873 Cattleman El Patron Grizzly Paw New Model as well as the 1860 and 1872 Colt army made by Cimarron, Pietta and Uberti. Armi San Marco first started making a Colt 1873 replica in the middle 1980s. Visit Our Site and Get Your Favorite Actors or Actresses Outfits now at the best prices. WebThat isn't going to be the case with the Italian replicas, but more often than not the answer is easily found stamped on the revolver. The patent date is 1858. Armi San Marco is still making guns and they are known for making guns with bad workmanship. I noticed in the latest Taylors catalog that they are also using the name Armi in, front of the Chiappa name in that catalog. Finish in very good condition with some scratches and nicks. Armi San Marco first started making a Colt 1873 replica in the middle 1980s. WebRemington 1858 Armi San Marco 44 Black powder loading and shooting 4,144 views May 17, 2015 37 Dislike Share Save Harri Miettinen 68 subscribers Subscribe Shooting But the website is easy to track sale prices through the year. BORE IS GOOD WITH GOOD 36 Caliber; 60% blue, fair bore, good grips, 5'' barrel, REPRODUCTION OF 1851 NAVY REVOLVER. THE FRAME AND HAMMER RETAINS APPROX 90% OF THEIR COLORS.. I have a pair of ASM-made and marked, EMF Hartford Colt reproduction revolvers in .45 Colt, 5 1/2" barrels. In 1993, the Hartford line was introduced by E.M.F. Shooting, Reading, Riding my Horses, Maintaining my Ranch, Conversing With Friends and Family, Fixing Guns, (good) Old Western Movies, CAS, guns and shooting, guitar, reading, writing, CAS, shooting of any kind, music, baseball, THINGS THAT GO BANG! WebAN ARMI SAN MARCO pistol is currently worth an average price of $286.19 new and $274.52 used . I considered making a set of lamps out of them but decided to give them away at 1/3 of what I paid for them. WebThis conversion cylinder assembly will convert your 1858 Remington ASM, Uberti or Pietta steel or brass .44 cap and ball revolver to fire .22 cartridges. WebASM Hammer (1858) Check Stock Price US$38.50 Quantity Item 2 Code 111ASM002 Description Asm Hammer (1863 Pocket) Check Stock Price US$24.20 Quantity Item 3 The only Armi San Marcos gun I have a repro 1858 Remington that I bought in the early 1980s and it works fine. I was watching them in the 80s and was able to watch all of the Clint Eastwoood movies multiple times. .44 Cal percussion. A lot of their workers did not want to move out of town where all the gun makers were located, so ASM lost a lot of their talent which started their quality problems. Web1858 Remington, Richards Mason & Open Top Conversion Manual. The conversion cylinders are also not regulated, so you can get all of those you want and no one has any record of it.. Pietta "1858" CCH Hammer with lowered Spur by Ol' #4 30.00 + 2.75 shipping via USPS Selling as a set: Pietta Hammer, Trigger, Hand w/spring, Bolt/Trigger Spring and Hammer Spring 23.00 shipped. They make the guns for different companies and the workmanship is terrible. I might be wrong about this! Mmmmmmlightly-grilled, corn-fed Bambis mother backstrap.mmmmmmm. I remember that ASM was sold to American Western Arms who only produces cartridge revolvers. This version features improved accuracy. First, only one person had the cutoff date right; it is 1998 / 99. Also, ASM use forged frames instead of castings on many of their revolvers.Replica Arms of El Paso, TX was started by L.F. Allen. I have a Uberti 1847 Walker. WebBuy a Armi San Marco 1858 Remington Replica Italian made .44 Remington 1858 Replica by manufacturer Armi San Marco. View Item in Catalog Lot #242 (Sale Order: 241 of 708) Sold for: $120.00 to F****b "Tax, Shipping & Handling and Internet Premium There is research indicating that chain fires are probably caused by sparks getting under loose-fitting percussion caps. Keep both of these straight, and the possibility that someone (like me, maybe) just might make a mistake, so on your own, do some research on it , At first we never know which is which , but it doesnt take long to figure it out. MARINA MILITARE Mens Sz XXL Brigata Marina San Marco Maroon Red Polo Italy, WWII 1942 US Army Pilot Training Rating Book San Marcos Texas, San Marco Italy Saddle ERA Start Power white color, San Marco Italy Saddle ERA Dynamic Power white & black strap color, (PGUN7) ADVERT 11X8" THE SAN MARCO PEACEMAKER REVOLVER MODEL 1873 ARMY, NOS San Marco Saddle in Blue Metallic Length 22 cm / 8.6 inches, San Marcos Texas Academy Jacket Patch US Army United States Military Vintage, San Marcos Texas Academy Jacket Patch US Army Military JROTC Boarding School, Army DUI DI dui CB clutchback SAN MARCOS BAPTIST ACADEMY JROTC ROTC Japan 1950's, US Army Vintage Patriotic Postcard - San Marcos - Florida, St Augustine FL Florida Castillo de San Marcos Military Army Vtg Postcard R9, Army DUI DI dui Pin Badge SAN MARCOS BAPTIST ACADEMY JROTC ROTC Japan 1950's, US Army Vintage Patriotic Postcard - Castillo de San Marcos - Florida, ITALIAN ARMY MOUNTAIN BOOTS SKI WALKING HIKING SAN MARCO NEW MILITARY SURPLUS, CVA ARMI SAN MARCO Over & Under Left & Right Side Lock (Sear Springs) (New/Old), 1993 Asm armi san marco 1851 44revolver top strap back strap, Asm armi san marco 1858 44 cal barrel #165, Asm armi san marco 1858 Cylinder Pin #165, ARMI SAN MARCO 1P SAA GRIPS ~ MAGNA-TUSK AGED IVORY, ONE-PIECE ~ ASM, Asm 1851 Navy Trigger Guard And Grip Backstrap, E.M.F. In the .44 version, each of the six chambers can hold up to 40 grains of black powder. He has a bee in his bonnet, that he is the ONLY person in the world who knows how to correctly clean black Powder revolvers. Actions 44 BP; 60% blue, fair bore, fair grips, 7.75'' barrel, Made in Italy. Armi San Marco 1858 Remington Black Powder replica. But Civil War rifled muskets were lethal out to 300, so I have to question such a claim. Thanks in advance. Also, ASM use forged frames instead of castings on many of their revolvers. could be in your future, you would want a steel frame pistol instead of brass. BLUED BARREL SHOWS SMALL AREA OF PATINA ON LEFT ADJACENT TO RECEIVER. I had one of the Pietta 1858 Remingtons and while I enjoyed shooting it and learning about the history and evolution of firearms, the cleaning requirements are intense. Type: Revolver. At the poor fellows Autopsy! What is really going on is that the low velocity sabot or conicals drop quite a bit, and holdovers are extreme. Got one of each. Unfortunately, ASM also changed their name to Chaparral about the same time. If you see one for sale someplace, check it out carefully before you buy. Action functions fine., s/n 0181xx. Eventually, the design inspired the 1875 Remington, a true metallic cartridge revolver, but one that clearly shows the influences from the 1858. THE BORE IS MIRROR .45 Colt; 98% blue, mint bore, near mint grips, 7 1/2'' barrel, UBERTI REPRODUTION OF A COLT 1871 OPEN TOP REVOLVER IN NEAR NEW CONDITION. Snapped back so hard the hammer tore a chunk of meat from my thumb. WebRemington Rolling Block; Remington Lee; 1865 Springfield (1st Allin) 1866 Springfield (2nd Allin) 1868-70 Springfield (50/70) 1873-1889 Springfield (45/70) 1873 Winchester; 1885 Winchester; 1895 Winchester Lee Navy; Winchester Hotchkiss; Winchester Model 61; Winchester Model 62; Winchester Model 86; Winchester Model 90/06; Winchester SOLD I do remember an article about this first revolver in that it was so exactly copied from an original that even experienced Colt collectors had difficulty in telling the prototype from an original. Our governor says that they can melt when shot I have a few black powder guns I have hunted with them for years and have yet seen one melt down .But the Local store here wont order one for you. Just my opinion. In the case of a revolver it isnt nearly as serious as making a machine gun, obviously, but still illegal, ATF requires any receiver that takes modern manufacture ammunition to be given a serial number and registered, and must be someone who is legally able to alter and build firearms under state and fed law. Lot 429: Armi San Marco Reproduction 1858 Revolver Two Reproduction Percussion Revolvers Auction Date: November 3, 2016 Estimated Price: $ 200 - $ 500 Price Realized: Details A) Armi San Marco Model 1858 Remington Revolver with Matching Box Manufacturer: ARMI SAN MARCO Model: 1858 Type: Revolver Gauge: 44 percussion They were in a nut shell, junk. WebRemington Rolling Block; Remington Lee; 1865 Springfield (1st Allin) 1866 Springfield (2nd Allin) 1868-70 Springfield (50/70) 1873-1889 Springfield (45/70) 1873 Winchester; 1885 Winchester; 1895 Winchester Lee Navy; Winchester Hotchkiss; Winchester Model 61; Winchester Model 62; Winchester Model 86; Winchester Model 90/06; Winchester Something went wrong. My very first Cap & Ball Revolver was replica of aaan1860 Colt Army Revolver. The other great thing about the cap-and-ball revolvers is that they are not considered firearms, so you can buy all you want and have them shipped to your door. The last line about being used since before the civil war is technically inaccurate. I had a pawl spring break on my late 1980's era EMF 1860 (Armi San Marco). I've had to do very little fitting on Uberti or Pietta replacement parts - Hammer/trigger/hand/bolt/cylinder/loading lever. I had not planned to involve myself in another topic, but there was so much conflicting information about what guns do and do not require involvement of the BATF. The cylinders are pricey, it cost as much as the gun, but I have gotten over the price and enjoy the heck out of shooting and reloading 45s. Actually, percussion caps come in slightly different sizes, as do nipples. It is all nickle, less the cylinder and plunger, which are gold, and a walnut grip. It is the reciever/frame of any gun that is the controlled part, basically the receiver or frame IS the gun, legally. The bad guy carries a Peacemaker (a bit earlier than its actual appearance, but what the hell, it aint a documentary) (Said to have claimed his last victem by shooting him twice, skinning him and nailing his hid on the livery stable door! Red Coats Get Run Off. I have been cleaning black powder revolvers for almost 50 years. There is a wide variance in rifles, and I have seen it claimed that range is no more than 100 yards. WebThe 1858 Remington New Army is both a beautiful collectors piece and a rugged side arm. He would also GIVE to Government Officials, very fine engraved Pistols, beautifully engraved with Silver of Gold, to U.S. Two Armi San Marco 1858 New Model Percussion Revolvers Auction Date: May 25, 2022. The lead ring around the chamber seems really tight. BRASS TRIGGER GUARD / GRIP ASSEMBLY. If you do this you dont need a wad. Have fun. They moved the factory from where all the other factories are to a more remote area and some of the workers didn't want to leave their home so they lost a lot of expertise. Im 66 years old and I have been wanting to get a 1858black powder for a while now but because I live in Illinois I cant get no one to order me one . Stainless steel. Thats not meat harvesting. I taught my neighbors son (after he turned 18) how to shoot black powder with my 1858 and he fell in love with the revolver, so I gave him a new one for college graduation. and they sent me a Pietta trigger which fit just fine. stan wayback The new value of an ARMI SAN MARCO pistol has fallen ($12.95) dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $286.19 . Hot water dissolves the salts in black powder fouling and heats the metal so it dryes fast and prevents flash rust. WebThe 1858 Remington New Army is both a beautiful collectors piece and a rugged side arm. The open top revolver needed some work. ARMI SAN MARCO .45 LC Hartford Model Box Papers Manual Spring, Genuine ASM & CVA - Stop Bolt - For Remington 1858 Revolver - Armi San Marco, Armi San Marco dragoon pistol grips pearl / gold leaf plastic, Armi San Marco Hawkeye/Ridgerunner Reference copy single page 7.5x11Diagram, SAN MARCO - ROAD BIKE - SADDLE - ROLLS - GOLD RAILS, Leave feedback about your eBay search experience - opens in new window or tab. Anyone know of a cylinder made for it? Pietta and Uberti cylinders do not interchange. A forum community dedicated to the great outdoors and hunting enthusiasts. BORE IS IN FAIR CONDITION. FOOD, He took the gun back. Price Realized: Details Payment Terms Shipping. Most folks shoot them with charges down in the 20-grain range. Very nice article on the 1858 Remington. Always like the Remington over the Colt design ever since seeing Lorne Greenes on Bonanza as a kid. Brass front sight, notched hammer rear sight. If you are using a big bore handgun, the little 22 seems like a free party. 1866 Rifle Manual. Im 75, so I move a bit slower than earlier today. Black powder is scary in the beginning. Changes were made in the production guns to make sure they could not be passed off as an original. THINNING VISIBLE ON BARREL NEAR MUZZLE. Customer Service. Powered by Invision Community. Armi San Marco 1858 Remington Black Powder replica. View more auctions here. Blued finish, brass triggerguard, with walnut grips. The 1858 Remington has safety notches cut into the cylinder in between the nipples, giving the un-cocked hammer a place to rest thats not on a percussion cap. Black Powder Revolver Manual. The only thing I don't like about it is that the very tip of the trigger is a little "sharp" compared to a real Colt, and if you try to spin it, it is a little uncomfortable on your finger. Bore and stock in very good condition, rear sight is missing and front sight is loose. Actually it was because of the pony on the grips AND the name, Colt won the lawsuit. I have three Sheriffs Models, and consider them SO GOOD, I carry one every day for Self-Defense! Of course, only shoot from distances from which you know you make clean, ethical kills. There was no penetration, but the deer died where I hit it. WW II RIBBON USS SAN MARCOS LSD-25 NAVY*EMBROIDERED POLO SHIRT/SWEAT/JACKET. One was an early 50s bolt-action Savage Sporter in .25-20, which would do everything at 125 yards you could reasonably expect from a good .22 at 50. WebBuy a Armi San Marco 1858 Remington Replica Italian made .44 Remington 1858 Replica by manufacturer Armi San Marco. Come join the discussion about hunting, fishing, survival, archery gunsmithing, optics, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! I have two ASM revolvers, both were imports thru EMF. And they still shoot just as straight and true as the originals. . His design has been in constant use since before the Civil War. I love it. Armi San Marco and Armi Sport now Chiappa are two different companies. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I now have two 58s one with a conversion (to 45 colt cartridge) cylinder from Midway that works great, and no black powder fouling. Lock functions well, trigger 44 Caliber; 96% blue, very good bore, very good grips, 7.5'' barrel, Pietta 1851 Navy .44 caliber black powder 6 shot revolver. THE BLUING IS NEAR FLAWLESS. I had a pawl spring break on my late 1980's era EMF 1860 (Armi San Marco). Claimed copyright infringement. STAINLESS FINISH SHOWS MINISCULE HANDLING WEAR. In Iowa, muzzle-loading pistols of at least .44 caliber, with barrels at least four inches long and without shoulder stocks are legal for deer hunting. BORE IS NEAR MINT WITH EXCELLENT RIFLING. They thought if they started raising the price on their guns to in the, same range as Uberti that all the problems would go away. Bluing shows wear and scratches overall with a turn ring and wear to the notches on the cylinder. Also, I would personally spend a small amount more and buy a steel frame pistol instead of a brass frame. It was so bad, I did something I have never done before, or sinse; I had an action job done. WebAsm armi san marco 1858 Cylinder Pin #165 Pre-Owned $22.99 weimdog27 (722) 100% Buy It Now Free 3 day shipping Sponsored Armi San Marco MSM inc dual trigger set with adjustment hawken muzzle loader $150.00 eldorablerentals (1,449) 100% Buy It Now +$9.50 shipping Sponsored ARMI SAN MARCO ASMREMINGTON 1858BLUESTEEL Watch Cabelas.com or Cabelas stores ( if you have one close to you) This may provoke howls of outrage, but whitetails with a scoped .243 or .308 is not hunting. .44 Cal percussion. 20?) Not to mention that shooting 58 Remington reproduction is just an absolute hoot. New in Box-never fired. All Armi San Marco black powder cap and ball and cartridge conversion models were discontinued in 2000. But, since he doesn't shoot "cowboy" any more it's part of my backup pair to my main Colt guns). BORE IS VERY GOOD 44 Caliber; 75% blue, good bore, 8'' barrel, REPRODUCTION NEW MODEL ARMY REVOLVER IN GOOD CONDITION. Original blued finish and plain walnut grips. I grew up watching all of the old western movies on TBS. .44 Cal percussion.