Becoming the bad guy. I thought it contains super helpful tips and tricks. I thought it was very helpful, and I liked the way that the lessons were structured. zyBooks has been an effective way for me to learn. What would be nice to add in each chapter is a motivation why is it useful to learn that particular thing, where and how is it used etc.. I think the reading material combined with the interactive participation is an outstanding setup for learning. I thought zybooks is a wonderful way to learn python. I found it overall a great platform to use, especially for a CS class, i feel it is very coveient and modern vs toting a book around with you and selling them back to the bookstore for near to nothing. I thought zyBooks was a very helpful tool in learning coding for Python. Especially with the data structures. There some issues on the CS courses when solving for problems. The interactive content helped me develop a better understanding of C++. I liked examples of code and found them very useful. It is a great way to learn content. I do wish that there were examples for the activity questions at the bottom of each section, perhaps just a more formal example. Worked well, I think its much better than any of the previous online coding systems Ive used, Loads of information in an easily digestible format. And that's worrying, because there's a lot of really good free resources avaliable on the internet. We have providedcourseware to1.1 million students at over 1200 academic institutions,and were growing fast. I think that it is beneficial to my learning, but I learn by doing more than reading, such as labs. It is very helpful, I used it for two semester. Some stuff may be easier to find but other material can be hard to find. zybooks is bad. The format is a huge improvement on typical online textbooks. I skimmed through the zyBooks assignments last semester, not paying them much mind. Very easy to use and understandable. The zybooks allow the student an interactive way to complete homework assignments and learn the material. ZyBooks is integrated with Canvas. One problem I have would be the video portions seem to be a bit time consuming. Zybooks is very clear and helpful with ever concept. zyBooks can be more useful than some textbooks or other resources for learning. It's helpful and interactive. I think zyBooks is really helpful, I used it for this and a previous class and I learned a lot from it. Some of the errors that I got during some labs didn't make any sense. Maybe the instructors and the material tell the student to work things on their computers, and the students that I've got just don't care and try learning relying only on the zylabs. It's like an interactive textbook or a virtual professor with which you can learn from at your convenience any time of the day. Also, if there were more in-depth details on certain topics, it would be greatly appreciated. I have enjoyed using zyBooks. Do zyBooks work on a mobile phone? Do you have an app? We used zyBooks during each class and for any assignments. richard guichelaar update. It is very helpful to be able to go online and look back at the topics we've been through and reference the material for the apps I am currently working on. The demonstration helped clear a lot of the new material and also visualize how the code worked to get a better understanding. You show so many complicated and confusing concepts to newer coders right off the bat and leave out so many basic principles at the same time. doing assignments on zybooks are interesting. It was very helpful in my learning process, especially because the 2019-2020 school year was moved online. Also useful for looking at examples of code for lab assignments and projects. I loved the interactive exercises in the textbook, it made it really easy to learn the material. I'd like to talk about the material in the books, but I never had access to them, so this is only especulation based on the level of understanding of SNHU's students: It seems to me that the material tries to simplify things, but what it actually happens is that it doesn't cover concepts well, and students feel that the material is doing big leaps from one concept to another. The course was not interactive at all. This was my first time working with an interactive book and I was able to learn and understand concepts better. zyBooks are great because they are interactive and explain concepts in detail. Seeing multiple ways to use the tools during the reading as well as at the end of the chapter were extremely helpful when working on the week's assignments. Fascinating and shows all steps slowly love it!! Operational 90 days ago 100.0 % uptime . All content is posted anonymously by employees working at zyBooks. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Extremely helpful resource and easy to navigate. Some of the participation questions are tedious but the examples are super helpful.The overall structure of the course is also very well organized. I think it is very helpful and easy to follow. I love that it is interactive, that helps me learn and actually remember the context. I actually love zyBooks because it encourages learning and doesn't penalize you for wrong answers. I didn't actually have a problem with zyBooks itself, but I didn't like that we were doing the class in C because I don't really have a use it for in my degree (applied math). Instructors often wonder if their students will like zyBooks. zyBooks has a portfolio of course content featuring interactive exercises and animations. It has a clean interface, that is easy to navigate, and the way it steps through concepts is tremendously helpful when going back to hear them in Lecture as well as reviewing material for a program or before an exam. Zybooks made learning C++ easy. ZyBooks was nothing like. So the first 1000 responses above are the first 1000 who answered Yes to that last question. I feel that I now understand a lot more than I did coming into the quarantine and that the extra time has helped me fully realized how helpful the zyBook activities are when they are correctly used. It's really helpful, but the professor used only zybooks to teach, instead, it will be helpful if he used board teaching and then assign zybook questions at the end of the chapter. Compared to a textbook, we provide infinitely more feedback (literally). I enjoy zyBooks more than other textbooks as the assignments are engaging and the labs are relevant and decently challenging. Most of my professors major projects revolved around zyBooks, meaning we had to change certain things so they would work in zyBooks. The survey can be taken anonymously and takes just 3-5 minutes. Honestly pretty good for consolidating and reinforcing retainment of material, I found it to be a pretty engaging and low-stakes way to read a textbook, its a great and interactive way to learn course material. It would be helpful if the errors were specified a little bit more. I love how you guys explain the problem by pictures and gifs. It was great since it had a bunch of examples and showed you different situations with every topic. The approach zyBooks took me through to learn the same material was leagues ahead of my learning experience last year. I think it was better than reading the textbook by myself. I did find that there were some syntax errors and I did report them. Other than these select problems, I overall found the book really really useful. It is far superior to _____. I love how interactive the information is and the reading to me is not as depth as many study materials. Argentina. It explains the material quite well. The fact that it reinforces your learning with practicable examples helped me learn programming concepts better with zero programming experience. I love zybooks. There were other areas too, this is just the one I can remember off the top of my head. I thought it was an extremely helpful learning tool. I don't know about other books, but your computer programming 1 book is bad. It was a great experience and I wish that all of my courses implemented it. Some to the point where I had to look at other sources for the answer. Easy to use and nice simple presentation of information. ZyBooks helped me learn about coding since I struggled a lot in the lecture class. It explained things in a fun and descriptive way as well. I find the check-in questions to be extremely helpful for my understanding of the different concepts. Mostly helpful. It was helpful, organized in a good, easy to understand way. The zyBooks e-textbook is one of the best e-textbooks I have ever used, with progress checks that are actually substantive. Zybooks gave a more in depth look at lessons, which I appreciated. On top of that, the interface and problem descriptions, more often than not, are confusing to newcomers (One recurring example: People not knowing what input() really does, because they never interacted with a program, and trying to assign the value from the example in the description in the promp, and then printing what actually is an input from the user, etc). Often times could replace a whole class. Once my professor decided to use zybooks I had something that worked for me. And monitoring students progress is an excellent instructor tool. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I really liked the platform, material presentation followed a logical progression. A lot of the references to other parts of the book were hard to understand (where the reference was actually pointing to was hard to grasp.) There is so much useful information packed on here that it really eases the stress that comes along with the class. However, I found zyBooks to be an exception to my vendetta against online books. The animations and mid text quizzes seriously help reinforce and sometimes clear up readings and help cement the readings in my head. I like print material, it would help me to have one, with the quiz answers listed in an appendix. It was very good to understand and helped a lot. I am currently in the Scripting and Programming - Foundations class. I am very happy this was the software that was chosen for my Statistics class. During studying computer architecture, I always crave to know the exact flow of the computer(with animation or sth). I think it's really cool to learn like that I like the activities. zyBooks is great. I am very impressed with this system. I believe that zyBooks is very essential to learning within a remote setting. It's honestly one of the best learning tools. It really helped me understand the material and I loved that it was an interactive textbook. You also never talked about memory and underlying representation. I liked the interactive aspect of it, though the way the information was sometimes structured was a bit confusing. Makes it a lot easier to learn and the exercises help with practice. The challenge for any instructor teaching a first course in programming is helping students "get" programming. Like the main class was in the. The website has a very modern UI, easy to understand lessons, and has simple, yet clear graphics for the needed assistance. It is easy to see what you have to do and when you have to do it, which makes it really convenient. It was a very helpful and organized tool that helped with the material for my class. I think zyBooks is a great app to learn about programming, especially beginner programming. It would be nice to have more debug data available, however, if the assignment was started and completed well before the due date, the professor was able to help with errors that the compiler threw. Jose Maya, Student, IUPUI, The combination of online exercises, lectures, and targeted programming assignments, in addition to the book material, provides an effective, multi-tiered approach. Only show 1000 responses, even though we had several thousand more. It's good. My first CS class and also my first time using zyBooks. I think zybooks is an excellent tool, it's made reading for me not such a chore and works better with the way I learn. Australia. These principles drove zyBooks founders, who are also ICS alumni, Smita Bakshi (Ph.D. 1996) and Frank Vahid (Ph.D. 1994) to craft STEM material native for the web using "less text, more action," as they put it. and taking so many classes at a time that is critical. Not a big fan. Help them to write successful unique tests by providing them with a library of testing code that they can work with to make a zyBooks course unique to them. As a beginner, I have found it teaches me at a great pace and combines reading with practice well. I like it so far! Sometimes complicated, but overall informative. Not to mention the frustration. The way they are now is really dense and difficult to understand. I deeply appreciate the information and comprehension questions being baked together. zyBooks Unit 3.pdf - 3.1 While loops While loop: Basics Zybook is amazing! dinnington high school alumni. So here I am. They contain the same core concepts as a traditional textbook, but present them in a more engaging way. The repetition from typing in answers helps reinforce Java syntax. This is my second course through zybooks both of which were for programming and it has helped me learn very well for both classes. I've never had an issue when using zyBooks. I think zybooks is a great website and explains the material correctly! Great information. I think its a better alternative to online classes since it explains things relatively concisely however, i prefer actual classes. Performance has been proven to increase andwe have research to show it. vegan options at biltmore estate. Was really intuitive and ran smoothly, basically what an interactive textbook should strive to be. Zybooks has given me a deeper understanding about Java. It introduces material at a good pace and is a great companion to computer science classes. I did not enjoy the in-zyBook programming assignments. zyBooks can include configurable embedded coding environments that allow students to work with real code, on the fly. It really helped me to achieve that A+ I aimed for in this class. I am so beyond grateful for having zyBooks for this course. I like how it is formed and lets me do the things I need to in order to learn. It has clear instructions and enough information that anyone, if read all the way, is able to complete it. It is a great way to prepare for tests or exams for the class. The participation activities are a great help when I don't understand a topic all that well, but sometimes the challenge activities can be quite tough for a beginner. This will be shown if an incident or maintenance is posted on your status page. I love the idea of an interactive textbook, and all of the participation activities and challenge activities help me understand material so much better. With that said, a smartphone is quite small for the learning experience that zyBooks target. Zybooks would be great on its own, however in addition to a bunch of other assignments, it can be overwhelming and I feel like I'm just doing this for credit. Some chapters there was no code with functions similar to what the challenge questions were asking. It has been a good learning tool, however my one complaint is the jump in difficulty from the chapter material to the lab material is a bit steep for me. I took a C++ class with a normal textbook and I didn't learn anything. The interactive portions are awesome and I love the visual aids! I enjoy stepping through the processes and practicing the code. This is ultimately okay because after having a foundation to work with, it is easier to build upon it with more formal material or more technical explanations. It gives real-time feedback that helps to learn to debug but also does not give the answer out right. The content was clear, concise, and easy to understand with examples. I took a python class online with _____ and that approach helped me better understand how to code more so than zybooks, where I learned more about applying math to problems. Link: Student survey Basics A loop commonly must iterate a specic number of times, such as 10 times. and had specific due dates for chapters (still not bad!) So, we manually examined those responses (we had to skip 240 Nos to total 1000 Yess) and found the negative comment rate was only 8%, which is just slightly higher than the negative rate of the Yess. ZyBooks packages the lessons very neatly and is easy to understand. I like the feature where they let us to see answer, because sometimes I really have no idea what to right, and I don't need to struggle for too long. I appreciate the interactive nature of zyBooks. Fill in short answers for you.