The Universe as seen through the eyes of people who turn wrenches and burn rubber as life sustaining activities. Besides his Slant 6 racer, Slant 6 Miata and the other car builds Tony has going on, the guys still find a way to sneak in their . I remember this article almost word for word. UTG (Tony deFeo) has his own Ported recommendations based on entirely stock emissions era cars, and for really big Carters or Spreadbores on V8s, that's cool. You were my inspiration for being the fastest pizza delivery driver in my hometown for the 4 days that I worked there in my 5.0 LX. I was always a Chevy Z28 guy. The SVO engineers said we know youre lying, because we cant even get our cars to go this fast. He brought sexy back to house music and it never left. Digging deep at the last minute (the way we did everything in those days) we decided to run it over to the corner of Wall and Broadway to lay some patches before the morning zoo kicked into high gear. NEXT: Dodge Charger And Challenger Models Getting Security Feature To Combat Muscle Car Thefts. I watched that the other day and I agree 100% with him on this. YouTube phenom Tony DeFeo of "Uncle Tony's Garage" JavaScript is disabled. It was a Drag Test we did on the then-new Lincoln LSC. GTO award, Pork Bracioli & Uncle Tony's Garage. Eat, Sleep, Wrench, Race. The result was pretty profound. But car thieves usually find ways to defeat any anti-theft system embedded into these cars, thus grand theft auto still persist. Keith, thats a great story, thanks for sharing! After claiming your Listen Notes podcast pages, you will be able to: Respond to listener comments on Listen Notes, Use speech-to-text techniques to transcribe your show and His primary focus was Chrysler products between 1960 and 1980. Great article. GTO award, Pork Bracioli & Uncle Tony's Garage My Mom had a 1982 Mercury Capri 5.0 auto,that is a 16 flat 1/4 mile car but the 5 speeds were tested in the 14s I think.She later bought a Monte Carlo SS again nothing fast just a decent mid to high 15 second ride as tested when new.Parents always had decent cars .At their old age they own a 2012 Charger RT Hemi ,and maybe they have 1 more new car in them,both retired so Charger only has 30,000 on it. Share. Continue with Recommended Cookies. I couldnt believe it. The car, BTW was not procured via the usual Press Pool route. The Universe as seen through the eyes of people who turn wrenches and burn rubber as life sustaining activities. We talk about the good things, the dumb things, and why the customer is always sorry. We yap about our favorite places, shop snobs, and hope for mechanical Millennials. So he moved his business into his home garage, where he got into the parts business. Tony DeFeo Profiles | Facebook https://www.spreaker.com/show/2968364/episodes/feed, https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/uncle-tonys-garage/id1434024815. Great stuff. You know, Clint, ironically enough, I delivered pizza for a few weeks to make some extra cash, in my LX. THIS! So, there is something to be said about Home Depots fears. Uncle Tony's Garage - MotorMouthRadio Thread starter jct; Start date May 19, 2019; May 19, 2019 #1 jct Senior Member. I have considered a charger but have not had a chance to drive one yet. No idea what her reaction was..I took off and spent the rest of that day at the track. You have seen all episodes of this podcast. Modern cars have higher level of protection. People like him arent going to be around forever and we need to learn as much from them as possible, while they are still with us. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. BTW, go to your local dragstrip and see the number of people racing modern muscle Mopar's. . My love for these cars, and lack of knowledge of them, is what got me turned on to Tony DeFeos YouTube channel: Uncle Tonys Garage. I HAD to have one. Facebook. The rest is history. Episode 14: The Short Bus Stops At Many Interesting Places : Tony DeFeo Uncle Tony's Garage : Free Audio : Free Download, Borrow and Streaming Keep up the great work! Mission impossible Dodge 302 Head porting. Even though it was only eighteen years old when this story was written, the 69 Hemi Daytona was already a rare collectors item. The numbers seem weak now, but thirty years ago, this blew a lot of minds. Episode 13: They See A Chrome Wheel And They Want To Paint It Black. Interestingly, just asclassic carsare much easier for mechanics to work on, they are also much easier to steal. We yap about our favorite places, shop snobs, and hope for mechanical Millennials. It took me back. Car had 120,000 on it and never worked on(mechanically). Episode 16: The Alternate Reality Of Automotive TV, Episode 15: Exploding Laundry Rooms And Hero Worship For The Masses, Episode 14: The Short Bus Stops At Many Interesting Places, Episode 13: They See A Chrome Wheel And They Want To Paint It Black. In DeFeo We Trust. podcast pages. Officially, the place is Mid-South Mopars, but pretty much anywhere that Tony DeFeo is at is Uncle Tony's Garage. he was so traumatized by the experience that the car hasn't left the garage in over 30 years. It's the podcast your parents warned you about.in this episode we spend time with "Uncle Tony" Tony DeFeo from Uncle Tonys Garage and talk about everything from street racing in New Y. He's written for a lot of mags (under a lot of pseudonyms, too) and in my opinion, he's a walking encyclopedia much like Rick Ehrenberg. Uncle Tony's Garage (Tony DeFeo) is practical hot rod knowledge geared towards the common working man. As a hard core Street Racer with Top Fuel aspirations, it was awesome. The Universe as seen through the eyes of people who turn wrenches and burn rubber as life sustaining activities. My wardrobe consisted of two pairs of blue jeans and half a dozen T-shirts, all from car meets and rock concerts. May 7, 2021. Very friendly kids that will share what they are doing and wrenching to go fast. Nonetheless, these cars are quite easy to steal, as doing so could be as simple as counting one to 10. Tony DeFeo. Thatll do it.) I drove one of the new challengers and they have the beltline so darn high you cannot see out the side or rear windows. Those pics would end up in a box marked Car Features, and every issue we would have to rummage through this box and pick out a few cars that would dress out the color pages. share Share No_Favorite Favorite rss RSS. YouTube phenom Tony DeFeo from "Uncle Tony's Garage" calls in to share his secrets of Internet success where he talks about & teaches his life lessons about cars. I had typed it out at the very last minute..first draft, one shot, no time for editing before it needed to hit the printer. It may not display this or other websites correctly. BTW, that's Tony DeFeo. YouTube Anyhow, once Id finally graduated, obtained gainful employment and had a couple of paystubs to prove it, I started hitting the dealers. With our permanently revoked New York Driver's License, reputation for bringing . podcast_uncle-tonys-garage_episode-14-the-short-bus-stop_1000430351817_itemimage.png . If you cant find a car, rebuild it, win a show, and then sell it in one hour or less youre a lame-o. It was a real-life demo of grand theft auto scenes in movies like the newer Gone In 60 Seconds. Due to a planned power outage on Friday, 1/14, between 8am-1pm PST, some services may be impacted. I could listen to them all day! The rest is history. Shop - Utg He was one of the guys that started Mopar Action Magazine and one of the other Mopar mags (can't remember right the name right now). With this data, we predict the Uncle Tony's Garage YouTube channel generates $4.43 thousand in ad revenue a month and $66.49 thousand a year. Books. I had one other D-100 with a slant six back in the day, and I am working on getting another now that I am embracing adulthood. The shot that we ended up with (see above) was not the one that we had intended. With our permanently revoked New York Drivers License, reputation for bringing Test Cars back not quite as functional as we received them, and the fact that we street raced these things in a time when street racing was a taboo subject, it was often difficult to get cars to test. I must have read the entire article daily for a couple of months. The best Podcast API to search all podcasts and episodes. I wonder though..Why put a slant six in one of those cars? I will give uncle Tony's a listen! This led to what became known as the Cars Illustrated Slam of the Month. The Universe as seen through the eyes of people who turn wrenches and burn rubber as life sustaining activities. Noting that the greatest downside to a classic car is that it's very easy to steal, Tony readied the tools needed for his hotwiring demonstration: a trusty screwdriver, an appropriately bent coat hanger, a coin to shock the car and lastly the infamous hotwire for jumping from the battery's positive terminal to the coil's positive end. COLLECTION . JDK-8141210 : Very slow loading of JavaScript file with recent JDK Uncle Tony's Garage Tony DeFeo. Search the history of over 797 billion Uncle Tony's Garage YouTube channel - For C Bodies Only Classic Mopar Forum In order to know Tony Defeo's phone number and address , simply follow these instructions below: 1. Thanks Tony for your part in getting me hooked way back then. Trusted by 5,200 companies and developers. Cars Illustrated was my favorite magazine. WTC Archives - UTG Torsion days,reduction starters,and rocker shafts forever, Darrin. You must log in or register to reply here. Uncle Tony's Garage Shows How Easy Is Stealing A Classic Car, These Cool Cars Were Impossible To Own Because They Always Got Stolen, Dodge Charger And Challenger Models Getting Security Feature To Combat Muscle Car Thefts, EXCLUSIVE: This Brand-New Mitsubishi EVO XI Render Gives New Life To The Japanese Compact Sports Car Scene, EXCLUSIVE: This Revived Muscle Car Render Shows Us What A Modern Pontiac GTO Would Look Like, Like A Phoenix: The Pontiac Sunfire Is The Affordable, Fun, American Coupe We Need, Why The Mid-Engined Ford Mustang Would Be More Than A Match For The C8 Chevrolet Corvette, Why Honda Should Add This 2024 Honda Prelude To Their Current Model Lineup, The Chevrolet Chevelle Makes Its Triumphant Return Digitally. The Stephen Hawking of Hot Rodding, minus the cool chair . 13.90s still good today,sure the new Mustang 5.0 will do low to mid 12s,but thats 30 years later ! It wasnt much later that I was reading about Mean Mr. Mustang in Super Stock, and starting to accept that Ford might actually be on to something. Put Tony Defeo's first and last name into the appropriate fields. After a while, as fate would have it, Tony came across a warehouse available for lease, which brings me to the purpose of this article. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. So many great memories. They're the same as the Hemi cast after January 19th . 3. She still has hers, mine hit a telephone pole long ago with us both in it. Uncle Tony and his crew are an awesome team. The Universe as seen through the eyes of people who turn wrenches and burn rubber as life sustaining activities. With the anniversary of 9-11 upon us, we thought we would throw this one out there. My dream car is a 1968 Barracuda Super Stock with a 426 Hemi. Old Historical Garage in Carlisle. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. At the very least, I can hire the guy to tell me if the car I find, is a diamond in the rough, or a dog with fleas. Works at Uncle Tony's Garage. It wasnt a supercar, but was stout enough to handily dust any late-model iron that cared to give it a try. The Second Coming & Mean Mr. Mustang were great. I also remember being slammed against the back seat as the car filled up with tire smoke after a few runs up the street near our SJ pine barrens house. I just found UTG on YouTube. In this case, we just went out and bought one ourselves. That's the idea in a new YouTube video from Uncle Tony's Garage as presenter Tony DeFeo explores a rare 1964 Mercury Comet Cyclone. Categories: Drag Test, Way Back Machine. Granite Bay CA. Eat, Sleep, Wrench, Race. Thread starter Hysteric; Start date Dec 17, 2022; . I'm sure a lot of his target audience loves it, but as one of his "targets" I believe he's a bit of a jerk, and worse, not a true Mopar lover. One less real tooth but we are both still here. David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Mission impossible This show has s great! No idea what her reaction was..I took off and spent the rest of that day at the track. Uncle Tony's Garage Brent Sealy What ever happened to Tony DeFeo??? - The BangShift.com Forums We had finished the story, had it titled Wall Street Wailer, and we needed a lead shot for it. They named it Kapwa Gardens, revitalizing the once lonely environment with the Filipino belief of . . In this modern era of being able to change the thermostat in your home, from a computer in your pocket, while youre at work, its nice to be able to take a step back once in a while. . Lyrics, Song Meanings, Videos, Full Albums & Bios: Take It, Colder, Colder, To Whom It May Concern, Profiteers, Show Me, Me Vs. Home / Author: Tony DeFeo. The numbers seem weak now, but thirty years ago, this blew a lot of minds. Navigate to the "People Search" section at the top of this page. $20 per month. A little back story on the publishing of this one. Uncle Tony and his crew are an awesome team. Eat, Sleep, Wrench, Race. With our permanently revoked New York Drivers License, reputation for bringing Test Cars back not quite as functional as we received them, and the fact that we street raced these things in a time when street racing was a taboo subject, it was often difficult to get cars to test. Uncle Tony vs Frieburger and Dulcich on pin offset. Calling out Uncle Uncle Tony's Garage | creating Video for real, working class car people Auto Racing. Tags 1960 a-body featured Mopar Plymouth Road Toad Tony DeFeo Uncle Tony's Garage valiant. Sign up | Log in. Man I have really gotten into podcasts here lately I use to think they were stupid but I started listening to Joe Rogans podcast and now I'm hooked ! Be the first one to, Episode 14: The Short Bus Stops At Many Interesting Places, podcast_uncle-tonys-garage_episode-14-the-short-bus-stop_1000430351817, Advanced embedding details, examples, and help, https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-14-the-short-bus-stops-at-many-interesting-places/id1434024815?i=1000430351817, https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/uncle-tonys-garage/id1434024815, https://api.spreaker.com/download/episode/17110307/utg_podcast_14_mixdown.mp3, Terms of Service (last updated 12/31/2014). Robbie Rivera music download - Beatport It actually belonged to the Publishers wife, Diane Schneider. share Share No_Favorite Favorite rss RSS. I am blessed to have been friends w/Neil for decades. The exact reason I orderd my 89 5.0 coupe. "No. Uncle Tony's Garage in Cuda & Challenger General Discussion (ROSEVILLE I left it on her desk, along with a note thanking her for use of the car, and that her hubby, Steve owed her a set of rear tires. The numbers seem weak now, but thirty years ago, this blew a lot of minds. Unresolved: Release in which this issue/RFE will be addressed. I had never really driven a manual trans car until the day I drove it home. August 6, 2018. Share this post. Editor Gromer had decided that I had too many in that issue, so he scrubbed it. I couldnt hang with the F bodies on the 401. More. He had just bought it for her, and secretly arranged for us to borrow it for a couple of nights. Writers with dirty hands, Slavic shifters, and the birth of the Five Liter Mustang Movement. Our photographer just took advantage of the situation, and dropped low for a few frames. It was purely happenstance that the towers ended up behind the car the way they did. No you will not find a lot of stuff for late models in the swap at Carlisle. I was so happy to have the opportunity to do this. Writers are boring today in comparison. View the profiles of people named Tony DeFeo. My wife bought her first car in 88 (an 81 mustang with a straight six), and my first car was a 77 dodge truck with a slant six. In this case, we just went out and bought one ourselves. This car is pretty much the reason for me hitting my local dealer and buying an 89 5.0 LX. You gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette, right? . Tony Defeo - Top podcast episodes Their chemistry just works! The Universe as seen through the eyes of people who turn wrenches and burn rubber as life sustaining activities. Eat, Sleep, Wrench, Race. If you cant find a car, rebuild it, win a show, and then sell it in one hour or less youre a lame-o. 27 Feb. Uncle Tony's Garage - TopPodcast.com We talk about the good things, the dumb things, and why the customer is always sorry. We yap about our favorite places, shop snobs, and hope for mechanical Millennials. Episode 15: Exploding Laundry Rooms And Hero Worship For The Masses. He is going to the wrong places. The editor responded, "Tony DeFeo is wondering the same thing." Classic. That car will do 140mph!!.stock. It was pointless trying to argue or reason with the little fuck, so I quickly whipped up that nearly full page sidebar and slipped it in with our list of corrections and additionsalong with my name. I can say without a shadow of a doubt, that Uncle Tony is the real deal. Uncle Tony's Garage is similar to the great car magazines of the 60's and 70's. A wide variety of topics and features any gearhead can relate to. Uncle Chucc - Free (Bruno Furlan Extended Remix), . Eat, Sleep, Wrench, Race. I can say without a shadow of a doubt, that Uncle Tony is the real deal. With our permanently revoked New York Drivers License, reputation for bringing Test Cars back not quite as functional as we received them, and the fact that we street raced these things in a time when street racing was a taboo subject, it was often difficult to get cars to test. An illustration of a person's head and chest. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Your email address will not be published. I love your YouTube Channel, but I cant comment there, you make the computer a wayback machine with your wonderful channel. Facebook gives people the power to share. It was a Drag Test we did on the then-new Lincoln LSC. I bought a new 87,radio delete[didnt want to pay 350.00 for that crap],black hatch after reading this article. Tony DeFeo, Author at UTG "The main saddles are thicker on '76-'79 blocks. web pages I met a lot of fellow 5.0 LX owners in those days, and theyd ALL read that same article. Join Facebook to connect with Tony DeFeo and others you may know. We recently ran into the owner, and as it turns out, he was so traumatized by the experience that the car hasnt left the garage in over 30 years. Long story short, Tony was working out of a shop, which was sold out from under him. Uncle Tony's garage | For B Bodies Only Classic Mopar Forum For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. A lot of readers thought the Sidepipe Tech was real! Thanks Tony for your part in getting me hooked way back then. We ran out to Buffalo Valley and got just enough track time to make some solid determinations on our Small Block B Body's direction. Uncle Tony's Garage Tony DeFeo. If you cant do it with a floor jack, a flux-core welder, and a paint gun from Harbor Freight, Tony isnt going to make a video about it. Tony DeFeo. Big Block A-Body stuff. It was a Drag Test we did on the then-new Lincoln LSC. I also believe fashion from the 30s-60s should make a serious comeback. Full story below. Organizations, trends, and practices, that all tend to suck. While mechanics love that classic cars are much easier to work on, they are also much easier to steal. 2. Then your article came out, and that was that. With motor vehicle theft a major concern among customers, carmakers have tried to install certain systems and technologies to discourage or prevent their cars to be taken easily by thieves. This was demonstrated in a video uploaded by Tony DeFeo of Uncle Tony's Garage on YouTube. Their chemistry just works! Thanks for flying the flag way back in those dark ;dark days. That is the main reason I do not have one right now. With the anniversary of 9-11 upon us, we thought we would throw this one out there. Uncle Tony's Garage YouTube channel. This show has s great! Share to Twitter . Share to Twitter. Our estimate may be low though. I just assumed they had no dad or uncle or someone around to teach them. Most mods for the new gens are more bolt-on or a shop will do it, as Uncle Tony said. He wrote for Cars Illustrated and founded High Performance Mopar, as well as Mopar Action. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features NFL Sunday Ticket Each month brought new revelations on how to tweak the EFI and set the cars up for best times. There are no reviews yet. Too bad they don't have a stick available. ABOUT . If that name sounds familiar, he's the guy that started Mopar Action magazine and High Performance Mopars . ABOUT . Uncle Tony DeFeo calls in. Tony DeFeo grew up in Long Island, NY, where he was apparently kicked out of school at the age of 16 for stealing a school bus. I grabbed second gear heading onto the Florida Turnpike within a mile of the dealership. Become a patron. Capture a web page as it appears now for use as a trusted citation in the future. Guests will also find Hof Art Space and Stage Studio of Dance in Phra Khanong. Uploaded by That's all I listen to. December 26, 2007, 07:44 AM. For confirmation, we reached out to Tony DeFeo of Uncle Tony's Garage. She knew nothing of our deal until a couple of hours after that picture was taken. We remember this one being appraised at around a hundred grand, but that didnt stop us from thrashing the living snot out of it. Dude, I picked up this mag sometime between the date I ordered my black 5.0 LX in May, 1987 and the time it came in. Due to their age, many classic cars have shot up in value, making them more appealing to steal unscrupulous fans, enthusiasts and collectors might be waiting in line to buy. We talk about the good things, the dumb things, and why the customer is always sorry. He later went on to become a mechanic and an automotive journalist. Despite buying 2 new Fords{03 Terminator}, Im a Mopar guy. Eat, Sleep, Wrench, Race. remove-circle Share This Collection. Your writing is on another level and I knew that we were living in some special times when the LXs, GNs and Formula 350s ruled the streets. By supporting creators you love on Patreon, you're becoming an active participant in their creative process. Then one day, a new LX with 5.0 badges caught me at a light. I've owned almost 30 stangs personally and sold probably 100 more being in the car business. The only problem was the high speed handling. John Dodge Quote T-Shirt $ 20.00 - $ 29.95 Select options Mystical Sphere-O-Ink Design $ 20.00 - $ 29.95 Select options Sketchy T-Shirt $ 20.00 - $ 29.95 Select options Suck Shirt David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Capture a web page as it appears now for use as a trusted citation in the future. See Photos. . Sorry to ramble on for so long. In 1987, I was a dirt-poor college student, living on ramen noodles. 25,647. Great car. Noting that the greatest downside to a classic car is that it's very easy to steal, Tony readied the tools needed for his hotwiring demonstration: a trusty screwdriver, an appropriately bent coat hanger, a coin to shock the car and lastly the infamous hotwire for jumping from the battery's positive terminal . Episode 16: The Alternate Reality Of Automotive TV. Uncle Tony's Garage - spreaker.com He went on to start a career as an auto mechanic and, on a whim, entered the field of automotive journalism, writing for Cars Illustrated magazine. Uncle Tony's Garage Tony DeFeo - Apple Podcasts So it was with extreme confidence that I waited for the light. 1 Replies 403 Views January 14, 2021, 08:12:49 PM . On the Ridge, TN. RELATED: These Cool Cars Were Impossible To Own Because They Always Got Stolen. The Universe as seen through the eyes of people who turn wrenches and burn rubber as life sustaining activities. Uncle Tony's Garage | Facebook WOW! In addition to our ongoing project builds, we also . I followed this channel for several years, before realizing he lives right down the street in Murfreesboro. Today Robbie Rivera sits firmly atop the dance music hierarchy, highlighted by a partnership with Armada Music and a slew of releases on Juicy Music, Spinnin, Nervous, Axtone, Cartel, Doorn, Dimmak and Ultra Music. Uncle Tony's Garage : Free Audio : Free Download, Borrow and Streaming