Correct answers: 2 question: Read the excerpt from the most dangerous game. Bleak darkness was blacking out the sea and jungle when Rainsford sighted the lights. Multiple-choice. Explanation: The excerpt from "The Most Dangerous Game" by Richard Connell, that best supports Zahra's idea that Rainsford is a rational individual who does not panic under pressure is A certain cool-headedness had come to him; it was not the first time he had been in a tight place. Have your clothes made or mended as soon as you decide what you will need: the earlier you begin, the less you will be hurried at the last. bleak darkness was blacking out the sea and jungle when rainsford sighted the lights. One foolish fellow tried it. i found it quicker than walking through the jungle. rainsford, however, has not reconciled himself with the idea of being . He regarded Rainsford quizzically. Menu We call it Death Swamp. The following detail from the excerpt best supports his idea that Rainsford is unchanged and still feels that the hunter is justified in killing the hunted: Rainsford did not smile. representations of a persons inner self. Rainsford did not smile. They both view it as a contest between the strong and the weakor perhaps as stronger versus less strong. Zahra is writing an essay about "The Most Dangerous Game. You can imagine my feelings, Mr. Rainsford. Answers: 2, question: answers laughter improves people's emotional and well-being. how in god's name did you get here? which detail from the excerpt best supports his idea that rainsford experiences the fear of a hunted animal while in the jungle? Writing literary Analysis through the lens of, Writing a Literary Analysis through the Lens, Summarizing Central Ideas in The Dark Game, P, Supporting Conclusions with Evidence in The D, Author's Purpose and Viewpoint in The Dark Ga, Narrative Elements in "Pyramus and Thisbe", f, Making Predictions and Visualizing with "The, Developing Central Ideas in Wheels of Change,, The Language of Composition: Reading, Writing, Rhetoric, Lawrence Scanlon, Renee H. Shea, Robin Dissin Aufses, Edge Reading, Writing and Language: Level C, David W. Moore, Deborah Short, Michael W. Smith, To Kill a Mockingbird Chapter 16 Questions. The foreign policy of the United States was controlled personally by Franklin D. Roosevelt during his first and second and third and fourth terms as the president of the United States from 1933 to 1945. Which transition best fills in the blank? rainsford, however, has not reconciled himself with the idea of being . Jeannie Mcbride Wolfberg, Hava Perdeleri So, heres the answer: The narrators relationship with her husband has changed because of a supernatural influence that she cant exactly explain or fathom. In which two ways does the fourth stanza's long length add to the poem's meaning? "i congratulate you," he said. What does the author's grandma mean in lines eight to nine when she says, "Hold it, let me leave the room, lightning's going to strike"? You may use it as a guide or sample for writing your own paper, but remember to cite it correctly. Answer: 1 question Read the excerpt from the most dangerous game this excerpt supports the idea that general zaroff - the answers to estudyassistant.com Read the excerpt from have won the game." Read the excerpt from a student's essay. Cossack. Answer. The lack of a fully fleshed out ending allows the reader to speculate and . a human being and human evil. The eyes and face are often said to be good representations of a persons inner self. Holiday Inn Vacation Club. In his hand the man held a long-barreled revolver, and he was pointing it straight at Rainsford's heart. Potassium is a highly reactive metal while argon is an inert gas. having less worth than others and therefore finds it morally acceptable to hunt them down for sport. Vim-plug Git Executable Not Found, D. Yeah Im Mekel Face Reveal, ever seen--a gigantic creature, solidly made and black bearded to the . GitHub export from English Wikipedia. he came upon them as he turned a crook in the coast line; and. Elv is writing an about the most dangerous game which excerpt from the story best supports her idea. write an essay on the school picnic to Pratapgarh farms. Initially, Rainsford tries to escape Zaroff by creating an elaborate trail. NOT (will do anything to track down his prey.). There's quicksand there. Which of the following best summarizes the central idea of the text? Explain this difference based on their electron configurations. The classic short story 'The Most Dangerous Game' illustrates two types of conflict: internal and external. And millions of other answers 4U without ads. One foolish fellow tried it. We call it Death Swamp. Answers: 1 Show answers Another question on English. "you have won the game." [ "I am still a beast at bay," he said, in a low, hoarse voice. The other will sleep in this very excellent bed. . In the end, it remains unclear how this has affected Rainsford. "Why should I not be serious? The general sucked in his breath and smiled. This is so because of the literary device of symbolism. "Get ready, General Zaroff." Which details support this central idea? Whitney and Rainsford's discussion of Ship-Trap Island immediately establishes a foreboding mood. Whitney and Rainsford's discussion of Ship-Trap Island immediately establishes a foreboding mood. screamed the general. Reason: Zaroff is a killer who will kill again. Answers: 1 on a question: Zahra is writing an essay about The Most Dangerous Game. 1. which element of a folktale is included in this excerpt contain 2. which characteristic of a folktale contained in this excerpt 3. which element of heritage is preserved by this excerpt 4. what does the setting reveal in this . Rainsford's conflict creates moral tension in the story by illuminating foil characters who have diametrically opposing beliefsbeliefs that Rainsford will have to grapple with to stay alive. Unlike Rainsford, he draws little distinction between animals and people. His room was high up in one of the towers. all expect '' the giant in uniform , the general made a sign '' . A man, who had been hiding in the curtains of the bed, was standing there. We need to respond to the economic disruptions communities and workers face due to globalization and automation. The story, "The Most Dangerous Game" by Richard Connell is about Sanger Rainsford ends up on an island with General Zaroff, who hunts humans. Although General Zaroff pretends to be civilized and dignified, there are hints that he is more animalistic. the deplorable part of it was that lazarus followed him. Worst Neighborhoods In Glendale, Az, This excerpt supports the idea that Rainsford has 1) learned to identify with the animals he hunts. rainsford did not smile. which idea does the author introduce first. This is so because of the The following excerpt from the story best supports Elva's idea that Rainsford and Zaroff have some common ideas : Life is for the strong, to be lived by the strong, and, if needs be, taken by the strong. In the story "The Most Dangerous Game" both Zaroff and Question: Read the excerpt from "The Most Dangerous Game." I suppose the first three shots I heard was when the hunter flushed his quarry and wounded it. this excerpt supports the idea that rainsford has cocky quotes from athletes junio 29, 2022. florida man december 27, 2007 10:06 am 10:06 am This is a grisly joke. This is very clear, _________, when he describes the people he hunts to Rainsford. Questions. answer choices. "Mirage," thought Rainsford. Efesios 6 12 Explicacion, "Perhaps," said General Zaroff, "you were surprised that I recognized your name. learned to identify with the animals he hunts. General Zaroff (also simply known as Zaroff) is the main antagonist in the 1924 short story The Most Dangerous Gameby the late Richard Connell, and the 1932 live-action film adaptation of the same name. will do anything to track down . Both Ivan and General Zaroff are of what nationality? He lay, eyes wide open. Each paragraph in the body of the essay should contain: Haven't found what you were looking for? Once he thought he heard stealthy steps in the corridor outside his room. He is a former Russian Cossack who has grown tired of hunting animals and now experiments on hunting humans for his own satisfaction. "We should make it in a few days. analysis of the implication/significance/impact of the evidence finished off with a critical conclusion you have drawn from the evidence. "But no animal can reason," objected Rainsford. or a persuasive literary selection would better meet your client learned nothing from his ordeal on the island. the deplorable part of it was that lazarus followed him. You see, I read all books on hunting published in English, French, and Russian. Rainsford, Whitney describes the island's fearsome reputation among the ship's crew as Rainsford peers into the black night to see any sign of the place. They both believe it's okay to hunt animals, because animals have "no understanding" or ability to reason, as shown in the opening In the end, Zaroff does not necessarily become a pacifist. "I wanted the ideal animal to hunt," explained the general. Rudy is writing an essay about "the most dangerous game." Explanation: In the short story "The Most Dangerous Game" by Richard Connell tells the story of Rainsford Sanger, a reputed hunter, being hunted by another more manacling and brutal predator. General Zaroff is an extremely wealthy Russian aristocrat who inhabits Ship-Trap Island with his servant, Ivan, and hunts other men, who are, in his words, the most dangerous game because of their capacity for reasoning. I loved Lazarus; he was the finest hound in my pack. Correct answers: 3 question: 1. b. wants rainsford to survive the hunt. planned to hunt Zaroff through the jungle. mood Initially, Rainsford tries to escape Zaroff by creating an elaborate trail. you can imagine my feelings, mr. rainsford. But as he forged along he saw to his great astonishment that all the lights were in one enormous buildinga lofty structure with pointed towers plunging upward into the gloom. But it was no mirage, he found, when he opened the tall spiked iron gate. poor sportsmanship. If you notice that a lot of evil characters are usually skinny and have devilish features just as General Zaroff. Rudy is writing an essay about "the most dangerous game." which detail from the excerpt best supports his idea that rainsford experiences the fear of a hunted animal while in the jungle? 4 months ago. learned to identify with the animals he hunts. He calls them the "scum of the earth" and says the world is better off without them. In his hand the man held a long-barreled revolver, and he was . "i am still a beast at bay," he said, in a low, hoarse voice. The eyes and face are often said to be good Turning to the giant in uniform, the general made a sign. "i am still a beast at bay," he said, in a low, hoarse voice. A teacher instructs students to write an argumentative essay about "The Most Dangerous Game.". You can imagine my feelings, Mr. Rainsford. "i see," he said. we call it death swamp. "Get ready, General Zaroff." Oldest Bar On Broadway Nashville, "i found it quicker than walking through the jungle." the general sucked in his breath and smiled. Log in here.While both Zaroff and At first glance, Zaroff and Rainsford have similar philosophies about hunting. the author uses a flashback from the narrator's youth to make the reader uneasy. You can specify conditions of storing and accessing cookies in your browser, Read the excerpt from "The Most Dangerous Game.". supports his idea that Zaroffs physical appearance mirrors his evil General Zaroff, what you speak of is murder." English, 22.06.2019 04:40 . lonely existence. After this, Rainsford struggles to stay afloat and swim to the island in the distance. Read the excerpt from "The Most Dangerous Game." His eyes made out the shadowy outlines of a palatial chateau; it was set on a high bluff, and on three sides of it cliffs dived down to where the sea licked greedy lips in the shadows. It slows the poem down to show the thoughts of the poet and the soldiers. c. is a fair opponent for rainsford. Share. i suggest, too, that you avoid the big swamp in the southeast corner of the island. the huntees (Connell 1). hunting humans is morally and ethically wrong. He eats, dines, and dresses like the highest members of society. Which literary term best fills in the blank? foreshadowing 2 Write a brief analysis of each PSA draft provided by members of your team. 1 pt. Vim-plug Git Executable Not Found, Which excerpt from The Education of a Young Chiefmost effectively supports the idea that an important aspect of the narrator's culture is to think of the needs of others in the community before oneself? rainsford did not smile. language in which an animal, an object, or an idea is given the qualities (A) learned to identify with the animals he hunts. The giant put away his pistol, saluted, withdrew. Adrian is writing an essay about "The Most Dangerous Game. He slid down from the tree, and struck off again into the woods. The hope of camping out that comes over one in early spring, the laying of plans and arranging of details, is, I sometimes think, even more enjoyable Rainsford is very astonished by this, if you couldn't tell.The reader can infer that this isn't the only time that Zaroff has killed a person because he made a game of it. A. 26th South East Asian Games. this excerpt supports the idea that rainsford has 1) learned to identify with the animals he hunts. this means that he will give up his old ways or, like Zaroff, take them one giant step further and become a true fanatic with no further regard for human life. "so i said: 'what are the attributes of, "bleak darkness was blacking out the sea and jungle when rainsford sighted the lights. Correct answers: 1 question: Read the excerpt from the most dangerous game. Find Latitude And Longitude Within Radius In Sql, His refusal to participate in Zaroff's mad games leads him to become prey for the first time. Where The Mountain Meets The Moon Quizlet, Rainsford's response to Zaroff indicates that. of a h I hope the jaguar guns have come from Purdey's. We should have some good hunting up the Amazon. Zaroff is described as having red lips and pointed teeth. Read the excerpt from "The Most Dangerous Game." In this excerpt the author employed dialogue and reported speech, this is evident because in the excerpt, two people are conversing actively, we know it is active due to the double inverted commas available, the double inverted commas are used to show that a text is an active speech. Which literary elements are used in this excerpt? Zahra is writing an essay about "The Most Dangerous Game." The deplorable part of it was that Lazarus followed him. which excerpt from the story best supports her idea that rainsford and zaroff have some common ideas?