There once was a man from Nantucket . A wonderful bird is the pelican / His bill holds more than his belican / He can take in his beak / Enough food for a week / But Im damned if I see how the helican. With the help of her hound. thanks so much, nell, Very entertaininh hub! There was a young man from Savannah Who met his end in a curious manner He whittled a hole In a telephone pole And electrified his banana There was a young girl from Madras Who had a most beautiful ass Not rounded and pink As you probably think But Grey with long ears, and ate grass Anonymous A young engineer name of Paul But as for the bucket, Pawtucket. And finished her off in mid-air. could do more, but a bit risque'! The whole thing should carry an anapesticbeat two short syllables followed by a long one that goes something like: (A) Da da dum da da dum da da duma Great treat to read them. The earliest published work making use of the limerick appeared in 1902. With him were real cruel; you cant duck it. He had room for his ass and a gallon of gas but his balls fell out and he lost em! Sooo Shorry, too much tooo drinkkkkkk! Hick! But the banister broke Great hub. There once was a man from Nantucket - Wikipedia Audrey Howitt from California on March 17, 2014: Nell Rose (author) from England on January 04, 2013: Hi teaches, lol! Ran away with a man. There was an Old Man of Nantucket. Dirty Limericks | Best Jokes and Puns Limerick Challenge - Yesterday's Island, Today's Nantucket This has no impact on the price you pay :). There once was a man from Nantucket - YouTube Who lived on pig shit and snot She said, "It's a sin, But now that it's in, Could you shove it a few inches higher? I think the editors are more prudish than they used to be. I am glad you liked it! The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers to this website may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. But Nan and the man What an entertaining hub you wrote. I didn't know that Lear was an artist too, a man of many talents! Texas senator Ted Cruz was mocked mercilessly on Twitter after he tweeted a line from a limerick attacking president Joe Biden 's travel plan. The specific origin of the limerick is unknown, likely spoken between ancestral friends long before ever being written down. " There once was a man from Nantucket " is the first line in many limericks. An insomniac young fellow named Hatches Took a room in a whorehouse in Natchez He still tossed and turned half the night, but he learned How to manage by sleeping in snatches. Demas W Jasper from Today's America and The World Beyond on April 03, 2020: Nell Rose (author) from England on April 03, 2020: Hiya Paula, it must be really hard for you too, its pretty strange over here. He said, Oh my love, He said to his girl There was a young sailor named Bates And I do mean years because, while I recognized some, others I wasn't 'exposed' to in school nor were my children. Nell Rose (author) from England on August 22, 2010: Hi, raisingme, I was going to get ruder then I thought better of it! I feel like writing a few myself. I love limericks, I am always making them up, nell. There once was a girl named Irene / Who lived on distilled kerosene / But she started absorbing / A new hydrocarbon / And since then has never benzene. There once was a man from Nantucket, who had such a long dick he could suck it. was awarded a special diploma, Funny Nantucket limericks All combined it adds up to all the great content you see! The exact origin of this limerick remains unknown. Who swallowed some samples of paint, Around the World in 80 Limericks - Butler University As a result, using the explicit and misogynistic versions of the limerick on social platforms could land you in a lot of trouble with the woke mob. ----- There once was a . Sure, Nan and her man left and tucket What is the full poem of "there was a girl from Nantucket"? - Quora Amazing Funny Facts and Crazy Statistics! thanks for coming back, nell. Interestingly enough, I find the first batch of limericks a lot more entertaining than Lear's may I open my eye now?? You can use there once was a Girl from Nantucket in several social situations. And I fell for that man from Nantucket. And instead of coming he went! The man and the girl with the bucket; As he wiped off his chin, if my mouth was a cunt I could fuck it. PK. Ted Cruz's Dirty Limerick About Biden Turns Him Into A Twitter 2023 The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers on this website. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window). But sometimes, its also just sexualized comedy originating from drunken stories. thanks for reading! If youre all grown up now and you love cracking short jokes or clever jokes, why not add a few funny limericks to your repertoire? After about 15 minutes, the man finally gets up and says, "Damn, I wish I had a flashlight!". / It seems theyve been trying forever / To find x, y, and z / And its quite clear to me: / If theyve not found them yet then theyll never. PDF Dirty Jokes, Tasteless, Jokes, Ethnic Jokes - University of Central A dirty, old man from Nantucket. A long time ago meaning | Common English Idioms #shorts. yes Larry is quite the poet don't you think? But a fall on his cutlass . If youre a word nerd, these grammar jokes will make you cackle. You certainly know how to put the words together to make witty tales! Nell Rose (author) from England on February 17, 2017: LOL! There once was a man from madras Here is a small collection of some of the most popular funny limericks: There once was a man called Reg, Traditional - Man From Nantucket | Genius -- maybe not as funny as the 5,000+ jokes here, but I ramble about life, technology and other things that make Maybe a bar-room poet. John Hansen from Australia (Gondwana Land) on December 09, 2015: Hi Nell, I know I am five years late, but i just came across this hub and I love limericks. Peter Chubb, Aldeburgh, Suffolk, England, Pa went back to Nantucket, Linda Bilyeu from Orlando, FL on August 24, 2012: Nell Rose (author) from England on June 09, 2012: Hi tony, glad you liked it! Thanks so much for the yucks!!! There once was a man from Madras Whose balls - Freebsd Limericks: 369 - 378 Lols. Mohan Kumar from UK on September 17, 2012: So many chuckles in these witty little ditties, Nell Rose. He couldnt even go lamp-post pissing! A chap who lived in New Guinea, All Rights Reserved. Such that Nan and her mate Along came his wife, So to save himself trouble Who was doing his wife on the stair were 2 doors, and 2 caged talking - tigers. ha ha thanks again nell. Today's blog: Build an API from a CSV file in 4 minutes Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) responded to President Joe Biden's Thanksgiving plans with the first line of a limerick, and Twitter users thought it was a poetic self-own. Perhaps the most infamous limerick of all, "There once was a man from Nantucket," though not a drinking song, was published in 1902 in an issue of the Princeton Tiger, the university's humor . A girl goes into the doctor's office for a checkup. Crystal Tatum from Georgia on March 17, 2014: These are a lot of fun! Exchange, Of this story we hear from Nantucket, Doggy-style was not his game The limerick is a humorous five-line poem with two rhymes: one shared by the first, second, and fifth lines, and the other shared by the shorter third and fourth lines. Once youre done chuckling at these funny limericks, check out these anti-jokes you cant help but laugh at anyway. A man and a woman started to have sex in the middle of a dark forest. This particular limerick became popular blue comedy in 1902 when it was first published by Prof. Dayton Voorhees in Princeton Tiger. After national outcry, Cruz returned early and . Some believe that limericks were originally made to be naughty. Your email address will not be published. See answer (1) Copy. Valheim Genshin Impact Minecraft Pokimane Halo Infinite Call of Duty: Warzone Path of Exile Hollow Knight: Silksong Escape from Tarkov Watch Dogs: Legion. How to spell the potato has tried / Many minds, sometimes mine, Ill confide. [1] There once was a man from Nantucket. This is funny and amusing, I enjoyed your work very much. Suzette Walker from Taos, NM on September 01, 2011: These are great! Nithya Venkat from Dubai on May 28, 2014: Enjoyed reading, great limericks! Jokes - Dirty, Funny, Punny and all | Austin - Yelp Pa said, I dont have that bucket, Nantucket. Who kept all his cash in a bucket. Madeline Begun Kane aka Mad Kane Trump the Game Plan by Michael R. Burch aka "The Loyal Opposition" There once was a huckster named Trump who liked to be kissed on the rump. and you can stop blushing now! Nell Rose (author) from England on August 19, 2010: Hi, pmc, lol glad you like them, I did have a few more, but they were, well a bit more rude! Whose balls were made of brass Thanks to those who have contributed theirs, more are always welcome a they are very good. And she was getting old, Technically a limerick, which dates back more than 500 years, is a poem that contains five lines that rhyme in an AABBA structure. Another mocked, "Tucker is already talking to the guy about a documentary." Another broke into poetry, tweeting, "There once was a man from nantucket. well, I wish! But he followed the pair to Pawtucket, The man and the girl with the bucket; Ill have nothing but love left to give. thanks for reading, nell. Luv Ya! Nell Rose (author) from England on August 25, 2012: Hi rcrumple, yes I do look good in leather! I actually put this one on my answering machine many years ago. Thank you for a beautiful and funny hub! Well it is pretty simple really. / Though it may have an eye, / Theres no E dont ask why! Which grew from the sides of her twat. You'll use the phrase in public, typically in an X-rated format, to tell someone that you don't care about what they are saying or a task you are doing. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Dirty Jokes, Tasteless, Jokes, Ethnic Jokes . Chris Whitehead of West Sussex, UK, There once was a man from Nantucket Pawtucket Times, Well, Nan settled down in Assonet. Nell Rose (author) from England on August 20, 2010: HI, angel thanks for stopping by, yes they do certainly have a soothing rhythm to them, glad you liked them, cheers nell. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. In search of the infamous bucket. Lear, who was born in1812, was all about a bit of funand wrotehis Book of Nonsense of 72 limericks in 1846 with exactly that in mind. There once was a man from Bel Air Who was doing his wife on the stair But the banister broke So he doubled his stroke And finished her off in mid-air. if you are not a conventional poet then maybe you write limericks instead! Is algebra fruitless endeavor? He utterly lacked, There once was a man from Bel Air Who was doing his wife on the stair But the banister broke So he doubled his stroke And finished her off in mid-air A strange young fellow from Leeds Rashly. These (above the belt) mixture of limericks of English drunkards with the (sober? sligobay from east of the equator on September 19, 2010: Hi Nell- What a wonderful diversion for an old rugger like me. :)))) (fab. There once was a girl named Lilly who often liked to be silly she put a spoon upon her nose then she wrote a bit o' prose and called it mexican chilly ! Ivorwen from Hither and Yonder on August 18, 2010: These are so funny! The opening line is so well known that it has been used as a stand-alone joke . thanks Audrey! If you liked this funny limerick, try out some of these food jokes. There once was a man from Nantucket - Simple English Wikipedia, the The cash and the bucket, Pawtucket. They were mainly used as nursery rhymes for children, but of course because they were short and to the point, they spread to the inn's and taverns and ended up being bawdy and rather rude! Funny Jokes. What is the joke there onces was a man from Nantucket? There was an old girl of Genoa / And I blush when I think that Iowa; / Shes gone to her rest, / Its all for the best, / Otherwise I would borrow Samoa. There once was a man from Nantucket / Who kept all his cash in a bucket / His daughter, named Nan / Ran away with a man / And as for the bucket, Nantucket. The incredible Wizard of Oz / Retired from his business because / Due to up-to-date science / To most of his clients / He wasnt the Wizard he was. Wherever did you find them all? Tony Mead from Yorkshire on June 09, 2012: what a popular hub you have created, so many people joining in and enjoying your effort. I of course, know that you will be very sensible and just add sweet little poems! There once was a young girl in Rome, Rashly swallowed a package of seeds. ChuckleBuzz has had contributions from a huge amount of freelancers and visitors who submit content to the website. Nantucket! Not rounded and pink, Nell Rose (author) from England on March 16, 2011: Hi, jamiecoins, thanks for the comment, glad you liked it, cheers nell. vietnamvet68 from New York State on April 29, 2011: now these are really cute, I'm surprised I never found them before. But this year theycame up a little dry and given today is all about having a bit of a laugh we had to reach deep into the archives forsomething a little different. In stormy weather LOL LOL hahahaha these limericks are priceless. out on Sankaty sand haha! He was welcome to Nan, There once was a man from Nantucket Wiki - everipedia.org Which distressed all the people of Chertsey. as long as the coffee is on the go all the time that is! Who kept all his cash in a bucket. Box 626, Nantucket, MA 02554, or email your limerick. There was a young lady from Vanvaper, (B) Da da dum da da dum Flowed out of his rectum, Man From Nantucket Lyrics There once was a man from Nantucket Whose dick was so long he could suck it. He won my heart, Required fields are marked *. Return home again, A wonderful bird is the pelican; His beak can hold more than his belican. To check on a bird His daughter, named Nan, Ran off with a man, And as for the bucketNan took it. And as for the bucket Nantucket. These are Guaranteed to Make You Smile. Did a man REALLY flip the bird at Joe Biden? Internet jokes he 'has There once was a man from Nantucket Whose cock was so long he could suck it He said with a grin Wiping sperm from his chin If my ear was a cunt I could Fuck it! Twas Roger, the lodger, by God! There once was a girl from Nantucket, Who crossed the sea in a bucket, And when she got there, They asked for a fare, So she pulled up her dress and said f*uck it! One Saturday morning at three / A cheesemongers shop in Paree / Collapsed to the ground / With a thunderous sound / Leaving only a pile of de brie. I do wish I could write limericks. These funny limericks use their bouncy rhyme scheme to explore concepts like math, science, and philosophy, and the twisty, punny verses will get you thinkingand giggling! Joshua Zubricki, Gloucester, MA, Nan took the cash to Nantasket Required fields are marked *, Phrases Similar to There Once was a Girl from Nantucket, Phrases Opposite to There Once was a Girl from Nantucket, Ways People May Say There Once was a Girl from Nantucket Incorrectly, Acceptable Ways to Phrase There Once was a Girl from Nantucket. There was a young lady from Munich, Who wore a very short tunic. Tami Martinex, Playa Del Rey, CA, The theft had the whole Island reeling, Next, take a step back from the funniest jokes and check out these inspirational poems. The was a man from Nantucket 25 Funny Limericks Only Clever People Will Get - Reader's Digest Princeton Tiger. Our hunt for funny limericks took us all the way to paradise and back! Freebsd Limericks: 370 of 860. This is a naughty one.They write limericks for kids, but real limericks always get you in trouble if your mom overhears you saying them. or Gravity Falls. All of are parties were bawdy and limericks were a fixture that induced competition and mixed well with the mud, the blood and the beer. Typically, these limericks are hyper-sexualized. Vinaya Ghimire from Nepal on January 31, 2012: I love limericks, I have so often downloaded podcast about limericks produced by the BBC. I need a front door for my hall, But the money he earned, Mantucket When the owner saw Pa Who danced the fandango on skates. thanks so much for reading, cheers nell. Thanks Lizzy! the world nutty. Poetrysoup is an environment of encouragement and growth so only provide specific positive comments that indicate what you appreciate about the poem. Its clean version is about a man who keeps his change in a bucket. / Said the fly, Let us flee! / Let us fly! said the flea / So they flew through a flaw in the flue. I am rather fond of these bawdy little ditties( careful!) There once was a girl from Nantucket is the first line from a limerick about a girl who couldnt pay her fare, so she provided a sexual favour instead. A blue jay! he cried. Yep, its awhole bunch of limericks thatll have you clicking to shrink your browser. And quick as a mouse, Learn how your comment data is processed. I just made it up when posting. Limerick:There was a Young Lady from Nantucket - Good To Be Lost There was a Young Man from Kent Bill Briggs, Tusseyville, PA. Before Nan lifted that cash and bucket I can tick it! haha! Clayton Commons of Rhode Island, On reading of Nan and Paws bucket Another great hub, my dear! LOL! Just what I needed to perk me up and make me smile. These were so fun! He promised awed voters if they'd be his promoters, Ahem. There once was a man from Nantucket, Who kept all of his cash in a bucket, But his daughter, named Nan, Ran away with a man, And as for the bucket, Nantucket. The Princeton Tiger by Prof. Dayton Voorhees shows us the following. His daughter named Nan, Ran off with a man. Besides Iowa, read up on the funniest jokes about all 50 states. There was a young man from Brighton He sent Nan home, with a plan, to Nantucket. Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet, Her clothes all tattered and torn. There were so many to choose from, and I thought that I had better only choose the ones that weren't, well, too bad, if you know what I mean! 4 nominal limericks. There once was a girl named Louise Who | by Peter / Til the bath salts one day, / in the tub where she lay, / turned out to be Plaster of Paris. Who had ears of different sizes There once was a man from . Nell Rose (author) from England on September 26, 2011: Hi, rj, lol brilliant! Who hiked up her nightie But failed and in wrath cried Aw shuck it! My favorite ones have always been about the little boy Willy: Hi, ACSutliff, thanks for liking it, I was going to make it a bit ruder then I thought, no don't push my luck! ha ha. . Nell Rose (author) from England on April 04, 2020: LOL! Nell Rose (author) from England on August 18, 2010: Hi, Ivorwen, ha ha that's great, I love limericks we have always made up some at home, and I was in a funny mood! thanks for reading, and I love the limerick! . 490 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<8AF3270EBB3E184A91C3DFB6F9A888EE><1D479E6B4C6B4345AB21D263EB0D7E10>]/Index[469 39]/Info 468 0 R/Length 102/Prev 189081/Root 470 0 R/Size 508/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream glad it made you laugh! Send the limericks to us at P.O. Knock Knock Who's there! These are a bit saucy and not safe for kids, just the way it should be on this website! Who collected his shrooms in a bucket Nell Rose (author) from England on September 02, 2010: Hi, Micky, ha ha I am glad you liked it, I was going to be ruder but thought I had better not! kathryn1000 from London on October 12, 2010: Really good.Must read them again if the winter blues strike/. Just need some Irish beer. For Paw, cos Nans dealings Allow Necessary Cookies & Continue Nell Rose (author) from England on May 19, 2011: Hi, Thatguypk, lol brilliant! lol! There once was a lady from Venus Who's body was shaped like a penis When First Contact was made The crew were dismayed When she told them her species and genus Whoa, did you just write that now? full of cash on Nantucket? By carrying her stash There once was a man from Madras, Whose balls were made out of brass. On Nantucket, the island I live, With a colourful lack of restraint! from a similar masculine aroma. There once was a man from Nantucket Who kept all his cash in a bucket He has a daughter named Nan Who ran away with a man And as for the bucket, Nan tuck it romulusnr 7 yr. ago I DVed but then found out that you might be right. Hi Nell, one of my hubber friends, kallini2010, just sent me a link to this hub of yours. Oh, and how I needed all the smiles youve given me in here. you take care. These are great and very saucy. One day he said with a grin Mike Boom of Berkeley, CA, When the man saw Pa leave with the bucket, The Urban Dictionary listed the limerick for the first time in 2006. There Once Was a Man from Nantucket: A (Clean) History of - Medium Suzie from Carson City on April 03, 2020: Hello again, NellPerspy actually challenged me to come back here & write a limerick! grafix!). document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Doing my best to ride the silent, lonely," driving-us-mad,"Wave of isolation!! It fits like a glove. There once was a man from Nantucket, Who kept all his cash in a bucket. lol! There once was a man from Nantucket, Who kept all his cash in a bucket. The limerick where the line is from was first written for the Princeton Tiger in 1902. Limericks can be traced as far back in History as the fourteenth Century, starting in England. So he doubled his stroke There once was a man from Nantucket, Who kept all of his cash in a bucket, But his daughter named Nan, Ran away with a man, And as for the bucket Nan took it! Nan grabbed a deck of cards and a tent, Confused? For he told a fat girl she was skinny! It wasnt his but Pawtucket His nuts were made out of brass, As they fled from the state, Has rendered him nutless, There Once Was A Girl From Nantucket. Her Boyfriend Was About To Up There once was a boy named Dan, who wanted to fry in a pan. 2 goalienewf 7 yr. ago Simple Simon met a Pieman, going to the fair. Nobody has ever accused me of being a poet before. your a poet but I bet you didn't know it! Just to prove that I do have a bit of culture in me, I thought I would add a few famous limericks by the poet Edward Lear! And cut off his meat and two veg! Send the limericks to us at P.O. Her boyfriend was about to up-chuck it. 'There once was a Republican goon': Ted Cruz mocked for sharing opening Dirty Jokes, Tasteless, Jokes, Ethnic Jokes - Florida Philosophical Review For the weather was cold, There once was a man from Nantucket, Nell Rose (author) from England on October 28, 2011: Bella DonnaDonna from New Orleans, LA on October 28, 2011: Nell Rose (author) from England on October 20, 2011: Nell Rose (author) from England on October 18, 2011: Cresentmoon2007 from Caledonia, MI on October 18, 2011: Nell Rose (author) from England on September 28, 2011: Hi, Shaisty, lol Brilliant! There was a young man of Nantucket Will show I have feelings "There once was a man . There Once was a Girl Named Lilly. and its great to hear some new ones. There once was a man from Nantucket,Whose dick was so long he could suck it.He said with a grin,As he wiped off his chin,"If my ear was a cunt I would fuck it.". There once was a girl named Irene / Who lived on distilled kerosene / But she started absorbing / A new hydrocarbon / And since then has never benzene. The tweet is. ha ha cheers nell. As you probably think To claim it by law I love limericks I think they are the best sort of poems out there! Suzie from Carson City on April 02, 2020: You ultra-talented little English woman!! Following reports that Biden will celebrate the holiday with family on the Massachusetts island Nantucket, Cruz tweeted this reference to the "there once was a man from Nantucket" limerick that in some versions is a bit, er . Princeton Tiger, But he followed the pair to Pawtucket, Funny Jokes; Top Rated; Most Discussed. Who crossed the sea in a bucket, Female versionThere once was a girl from Nantucket. Uh Uumm! Nell Rose (author) from England on November 18, 2010: Hi, Doug, thanks for reading it, I love Limericks too, I was going to add a lot more, but couldn't find any innocent ones! If youre looking for more tongue twisters, we have some of the hardest ones in the English language. From my plentiful stash, He said with a grin As he wiped off his chin, "If my ear were a cunt, I would fuck. Drew his Peterson Guide from his pocket, But of course, don't you know, the gentility is but a mask, and the funniest jokes are off-color! There once was a man from kanass, Who's nuts were made out of brass. She ate the green cheese And offer to settle; There once was a man From Nantucket who was not In a limerick. I love this.. made me laugh I really enjoyed. Because the limerick is such a flexible form of verse, limericks for kids can be just as funny as clever limericks. Demas W Jasper from Today's America and The World Beyond on April 04, 2020: Good response, Paula, but you have done even better, as Nell will probably attest. Only the best funny Nantucket jokes and best Nantucket websites as selected and voted by visitors of Joke Buddha website. I have looked everywhere for the photo, but this was before we were told to add links, and I wish I had now, I think, If I remember right, that I put in google search something like tavern wench, but I am not sure, sorry, I will take another look because its driving me mad now! Oh wait a minute; I just remembered that I don't frequent pubs. They are funny, but they can be a good lullabye. Princeton Tiger But he followed the pair to Pawtucket, The man and the girl with the bucket; And he said to the man, He was welcome to Nan, But as for the bucket, Pawtucket. He pleasured his bitch licking and kissing, There was a man from Bangore, 75 Funny Limericks to make you laugh | Pun.me About the mysterious loss of a bucket, The first publication of limericks began in the 18th century, but didnt really gain any popularity until the 19th century. A flea and a fly in a flue / Were imprisoned, so what could they do? 469 0 obj <> endobj His daughter, named Nan, Ran away with a man. Who went with a girl in a hedge, But Pa still owns land Clean versionThere once was a man from Nantucket. In my limerick hubs I always had some problem getting them past the HP censors and had to change a few. And I had never heard a one of these before. There once was a man from sprocket There was a young lady whose chin / Resembled the point of a pin / So she had it made sharp / And purchased a harp / And played several tunes with her chin. Male versionThere once was a man from Nantucket. After a little fumbling around we came up with, well, these. At the local museum Al Gini, Loyola University Chicago . And as for the bucket, Manhasset. Great tufts of fine grass boyfriend and he was wearing a his College T-Shi. Where he still held the cash as an asset,