FM/HD, on-demand or internet radio, and streaming via Premium Connectivity, Smart routing that automatically adjusts to real-time traffic conditions, Personalized drive settings and cabin controls, Control air flow from the dashboard, in one or two directions. They installed tint, paint protection, and decals, and it all looks amazing. in 3 reviews, I've had Auto Supershield put Spectra Photosync on the windshield of my 2015 Macan Turbo and most recently Spectra Photosync IRD on my 2019 Chevrolet Bolt. in 2 reviews, My initial call was answered by Pepi the owner, he was incredibly friendly, informative, and just gave off amazing vibes. in 2 reviews. Most reputable shops will stock one or more of the above-mentioned film brands. The sunroofs of the Teslas have an IR blocking coating that is extremely efficient at blocking UV and IR. - $125,000.00, $120,000.00 Its clear XPEL XR Plus provides above-average protection proven numerically and through the comments of Tesla owners. License plates can be made out more clearly and from further away. One con professionals point out is its thicker film, which is more prone to bubbles both during installation and over years of use. Two pieces are generally cheaper, but there will be a seam in the middle, which might bother you. Of course, there is a premium price for this. Some Tesla owners decide not to tint their windshields. All rights reserved. [on tint and PPF install]. AboutPressCopyrightContact. It has a matte texture that blocks roughly 40% of infrared radiation, which is the primary cause of rising cabin temperatures. Tint percentage isn't the be-all and end-all though. Lets get started.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'teslatuneup_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_2',117,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-teslatuneup_com-medrectangle-3-0'); For a regular, all-around window + windshield tint job (excl. You are using an out of date browser. And the film will hold glass in place if it shatters during an accident. OC Detailing is a shop many owners are very happy with. Copyright 20042023 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. We tinted my wife's white Honda in 55% XPel Prime Black ceramic and it was light but her interior is light colored. With Modesta applied to your paintwork and/or Paint Protection Film, you will not need to apply traditional waxes or sealants for protection, so maintenance is incredibly easy with simple washes and maintenance sprays. The expansive Glass Roof in Model 3 provides passengers with a brighter, more spacious experienceand a seamless view of the sky. Although the most important aspect of a well-done tint job is the installer, the best films should offer above-average outside appearance, heat rejection, and glare reduction while providing good visibility from the inside and guaranteeing decades of use with no fading or bubbles. Do keep in mind that tinting any glass in your car can void factory warranties should any cracks happen.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'teslatuneup_com-small-rectangle-1','ezslot_26',146,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-teslatuneup_com-small-rectangle-1-0'); Yes, especially if you get films with high Total Solar Energy Rejection (TSER) and Infra-Red Rejection (IRR). Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving capability introduce additional features and improve existing functionality to make your car more capable over time, including: Active guidance from highway on-ramp to off-ramp, Parallel and perpendicular parking, with a single touch, Automatically change lanes while driving on the highway. Operate automated liquid handling systems and centrifugal evaporators. For reference, a 35% all-around + 75% windshield tint job resulted in a 20+ degree difference, lowering the in-car temperature from 103F (39.4C) to 82F (27.8C). What were you thinking? Experience the freedom of long-distance travel with convenient access to the Tesla global charging network. Basic Vehicle - 4 years or 50,000 mi, whichever comes first, Learn more about Standard Connectivity and any limitations. By clicking Agree & Join, you agree to the LinkedIn, You can save your resume and apply to jobs in minutes on LinkedIn. I only got bumper and frunk. Xpel XR Prime Plus vs Spectra Photosync | Tesla Motors Club 1. Tesla Model 3 tinted with Spectra Photosync The rear camera records in Full HD at a 156-degree angle with their Super Night Vision 2.0 SONY STARVIS provideslow-light sensitivity(great for cars with tint). Given the laws, however, most people go for a 35%50% all-around + 70% windshield tint job. Chat with a Tesla Advisor to learn more about Model 3 or schedule a demo drive today. to work as hard, and in return you get a more comfortable ride, and more mileage out of the charge. Tesla Model 3 Tint Guide: Percentage, Cost, Examples, and More [2023] We'll respect your privacy and you can unsubscribe any time. It's the best performing film on the market and has been for at the last 6 years. So far no low angle haze or graininess noticed. 4K UHD is four times as many pixels as Full HD*. I would expect a similar result with any of the films recommended above. Besides, you dont need a 4K monitor to appreciate 4K videos. Find a reputable installer through their database, ask for quotes, and request an appointment to start enjoying a comfy and private interior experience as soon as possible.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'teslatuneup_com-small-square-2','ezslot_29',148,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-teslatuneup_com-small-square-2-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'teslatuneup_com-small-square-2','ezslot_30',148,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-teslatuneup_com-small-square-2-0_1'); .small-square-2-multi-148{border:none !important;display:block !important;float:none !important;line-height:0px;margin-bottom:7px !important;margin-left:auto !important;margin-right:auto !important;margin-top:7px !important;max-width:100% !important;min-height:50px;padding:0;text-align:center !important;}. Go anywhere with up to 358 mi of estimated range on a single charge, Recharge up to 175 mi in 15 minutes at Supercharger locations, Superchargers placed along well-traveled routes around the world. Heres a simulator for you to play around with. This is the tint many vehicles on the road have.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'teslatuneup_com-netboard-2','ezslot_20',132,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-teslatuneup_com-netboard-2-0'); Its what RPMTesla, a popular brand in the Tesla community, uses. The film looks excellent, reduces glare significantly, and wont interfere with your much needed connectivity. Sign in to create your job alert for Product Marketing Manager jobs in United States. 255/40R20 101W XL. Location: South San Francisco, CA 94080. it's imperative to choose a window tint that blocks out as much heat as possible. *Update* Prestige Film Technologies have released the latest Gen Spectra Photosync window films. CTX is cheaper and on par with 3M crystalline but seems to offer no warranty. Front cam:8.42megapixels SONY STARVISsensor / 4K Ultra High Definition (38402160 @30FPS). On top of the second to none chemical protection, Modesta Glass Coatings are also the most hydrophobic coatings available. Following this reasoning, people suggest the chances of glass cracking increase due to heat buildup. Chat with a Tesla Advisor to learn more about Model 3 or schedule a demo drive today. With direct sun I'm sure it will look much darker as it reflects. Spectra PhotoSync IRD (Infrared Radiation Dispersion) blocks up to 80% of the heat (TSER), 99% of the IR up to 2200nm (wavelength), and 99.5% of the UV rays. Senior Communicatieadviseur Klimaatraad a.i. Image archived from https://teslamotorsclub . Issues I have had with the prior version of Photsync installed here were: Similar to Xpel XR Prime Plus, the Spectra Photosync 70 is crystal clear. This is a huge difference, and it shows. I suspect this may not be an accident. Heat difference from the day before/of the windshield tint to the day after (same parking spot/orientation, same high temp) was about 20 degrees (103F to 82F interior). I'm a bit amazed at how much see through there is at that angle with no direct sun. Autopilot enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically within its lane. Keep your car cooler with. I have Spectra Photosync 45 on the front two windows and 70 on the rear three windows of my MYP. But metrics suggest this film has the weakest (although still decent) sun protection of all. 2) I've heard by many tint shops that the glass roof is susceptible to cracking when tint is applied. Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, thrive under ambiguity and embrace change . 2023 Tesla Model 3 Prices, Reviews, and Pictures | Edmunds Suntek vs XPEL PPF for 2023 Black M3P - Which is a Better Brand. And when youre on the road, its easy to plug in along the wayat any public station or with the Tesla charging network. I expect the differential to match or exceed the Florida side-by-side tests reported at Tesla Motors Club (30 degrees) once my Arizona road trips start. Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More. Call another shop or sway them to work with another film brand. Is it in one piece or two pieces? One of the most common question we get asked by our customers is will a darker shade hinder visibility when looking out from the interior. (2) When tape tested against Hper Optik, for instance, 3Ms tint just peels right off like hair being removed with wax. Really well. Any thoughts? In addition, it is the most costly. As a result, it has a longer lifespan and can endure many years. We have worked on more Teslas & EVs than any other shop in the area. This is a huge difference, and it shows. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. - Get notified about new Senior Scientist jobs in South San Francisco, CA. This credit amount is in effect for deliveries until March 2023. Whether you want to find a reputable shop or tint your Tesla Model Y windows yourself, I compiled everything you need to know to get started. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. All things being equal, this tint type, though not the absolute best, tends to offer the best bang for your buck. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. I suppose you can purchase or fashion a sun screen for the glass roof if you'd prefer a risk free option. Newer product. I had 3M crystalline on my previous car. Stratos vs Photosync tints | Tesla Owners Online Forum Although Im not associated with any particular company, Ill discuss the most popular film of the following brands in the next section. Any damage to it will translate into a very expensive fix. At medium tints, the films sun protection metrics are near the top on all categories. Tint percentage isnt the be-all and end-all though. Set up a consultation with us and see if our work meets or exceeds yours! Tesla All-Wheel Drive has two independent motors for improved redundancy, each with only one moving part for minimal maintenance and maximum durability. With the over saturation of entry level tint shops and installers in the window tint industry, it's understandably difficult to pick the right one. Easy-to-use dealer locator Installers worldwide Exceptional sun & heat protection, even at lighter tints Lifetime, transferrable warranty Brand with long standing record of quality. Triple-check that they know how to protect the electronics under the dashboard when tinting the windshield.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'teslatuneup_com-leader-4','ezslot_14',127,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-teslatuneup_com-leader-4-0'); And be careful ordering films online and going to a shop. Model 3 is fully electric, so you never need to visit a gas station again. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Click the link in the email we sent to to verify your email address and activate your job alert.