901 Highway 80 West Stanley Eugene Strickland, passed away peacefully at home after a short illness on Sunday May 1, with his loving family by his side. RIP. - Where can people find grief support in Pooler? (83 years old). It was just a few weeks ago when Stan and I spoke about Rhett and how proud he was that his son was ready to run the business. We take great pride in serving the Franklin and Hart County community. Donovan Campbell walked my brother and I through t", "The kindness shown from start to finish with my father's se". He was a member of the International Brotherhood of Painters. Browse funeral homes near Pooler, Georgia. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners. He's proud of his almost 25 years of service to the families who've trusted him. Visit this link to create a free obituary then read the advantages of creating an obituary on Echovita and either click Start now or Create an obituary for your loved to begin. Kathryn DeWitt, Savannah , GA. Tim, I am so sorry to hear about your daddy passing. Stan's magnetic presence and zest for life will truly be missed and never duplicated - He said glad you could make it. Family and friends must say goodbye to their beloved Willene Strickland Cobb (Savannah, Georgia), who passed away at the age of 83, on January 12, 2023. Recently honored by the Savannah Sport Fishing Club, and rumored to be a frequent fishing companion of Ernest Hemingway, Stan was perhaps the most avid fisherman on the planet!!! Thomas C. Strickland & Sons Funeral Homes - WEST CHATHAM CHAPEL - 901 W. Hwy. - Ever Loved makes. And it was at the Candy Kitchen where I met my wife. Thomas C Strickland and Sons Funeral Home : Family Owned and Operated See you in awhile Stan, - He told me they were busy and give them a co, Strickland Landscaping, Inc., is locally owned and operated with over 20 years experience providing landscape installation and maintenance, irrigation installation and maintenance for turf, shrubs and, Ive gotten to know many local families as an Allstate agent in Guyton. - http://www.stricklandandsonsfuneralhome.com/, Strickland, Trey - Thomas C Strickland & Sons, Pooler, GA He was larger than life and I will miss him terribly. Echovita offers a solidarity program that gives back the funds generated to families. http://www.stricklandandsonsfuneralhome.com/index.cfm, Thomas C Strickland & Sons in Pooler, GA | 901 Us Highway 80 W We will miss Stan and send our love and prayers to Tonya and Rhett. I know that Stan is going to make heaven a sweeter place - for sure. If so, claim your Forever Free Basic Listing today! God Bless , Jay, - Captain Judy Helmey, Savannah, Georgia. Trey Strickland, Rincon , Ga. Remembering Stanley and his sister, Jean when they entertained us on TV in the 50s. - - His often crusty exterior covered a heart of gold. Georgia 31326; 912-748 . He was such a charming, funny, sweet, wonderful person to all. Savannah, GA 31410 He rendered service as an alderman, acting as mayor, during the absence of that functionary, was a director of the Southern Bank and . 80 Pooler, GA (912) 748-2444, Copyright 2007 - 23 Thomas C Strickland and Sons Funeral Home. Anyhow, we opened the safe, she handed me a sealed vanilla envelope full of money, I thanked her and left. Stan was a good 15 miles in front of us headed to the south ledge. Candy Kitchen was one of my first jobs that taught me a lot about myself and will never forget my time there. I have some of the fondest memories over the years from the first time I fished with him in Bimini to all of the stories he would tell making us all laugh, and the most amazing food he would cook! I remember the night I was on the helm of Jerry Sisco one night and Stan started screaming there is something dropping down on me with bright lights. I was looking forward to see him down here. YEARS. Echovita Inc is a registered trademark. Mrs. Meredith Adella Carter Waters Bacon, 80, of Bloomingdale, GA, passed away on Thursday, June 16, 2022 at Candler Hospital. of 11 Losing a loved one is hard, but they d", "Most caring staff. David Pappas, Goose Creek, SC, Fox & Weeks Funeral Directors, Islands Chapel912-898-0900, 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. on Sat, May 07, 2022, Download a free funeral planning guide Click Here. Funeral arrangement under the care ofBaker McCullough Funeral Home and Cremation - Savannah, Georgia. He was so compassionate, so present and a true gift. With much love, Kathryn DeWitt, - CAROL WISELY, Nokomis, FL, Sorry to hear about Stan passing. The visitation will be on Saturday, March 4, 2023 from 10:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. at the funeral home. 124 Palmetto Drive (84 years old). Pooler, Georgia 31322, Effingham Memorial Gardens ChasK, Savannah , Ga. Stalwart, trusted, respected, mentoring, fair minded I am at a loss for words as nothing seems appropriate. Dwayne A. Duff, a licensed funeral director and embalmer, has worked with Tommy at the funeral home since 1980. Owners Thomas C. Strickland, Jr., his wif, Took a 30 LB RV propane bottle to them to get it recertified and filled on Monday morning 10/19/2015. He will truly be missed by so many. We're Blessed to have had Stan in Our Lives. February 25, 2023 We appreciate your visit to our web site and hope that it provides the information for which you are looking. Merchandise; Plan Ahead. Peace and comfort to his family. Pooler, GA 31322. For individuals cared for through Thomas C Strickland & Sons, Thomas C Strickland and Sons Funeral Home : Pooler, Georgia (GA) My deepest condolences to you all during this difficult time of tremendous loss. Her family, faith, and Jesus were the most important things to her. could not have a better friend. I was lucky enough to go hunting at Cabin Bluff several days before getting drafted in 1972. Find an obituary, get service details, leave condolence messages or send flowers or gifts in memory of a loved one. Strickland Thomas C. And Sons Funeral Home West Chatham Chap provides funeral and cremation services to families of Pooler, Georgia and the surrounding area. Effingham Chapel Stan will be missed by all that ever met him and a loss to those who have not! Keith L. Gay & wife Ann, Tybe Island, GA. Lots of love & prayers to Tonya & family. I am grateful and honored to have known the man. Thomas C Strickland & Sons Funeral Homes 901 W Hwy 80 Pooler, GA EMBREE MINCHEY OBITUARY Embree Minchey's passing has been publicly announced by Thomas C Strickland & Sons Funeral. Stan asked if I could see the light and I said no. UFO or DEA/US CUSTOMS BLACK HAWK. Trey Strickland, - Cathy & family, - I need an accountant that deals with Air BnB tax deductions in Boise,, I am looking for a volunteer to be Treasurer of a community newspaper, I recently sold a property in Northern VA. Stan was definitely one of a kind. Please Remember all the Fun times we shared. Im so sorry for your loss and sending my condolences to the family. He was an amazing friend and a fantastic boss ! Thomas C Strickland & Sons appears in I was honored to know Stan through my job at River Supply. Try removing some of the filters above. Melissa Louise Brown Obituary We are sad to announce that on February 26, 2023, at the age of 60, Melissa Louise Brown of Pooler, Georgia, born in Savannah, Georgia passed away. And I quote, sitting down with Stan Strickland; his presence seemed to take up the entire room from the way he spoke, to how he held himself, like a Santa Clause that has connections with the mob! I simply love this prefect description of Stan and greatly concur! Jim & Becky Fergus, Peachtree City, GA. Stan was the man. - Mike and Kim Carter, Fleming , Georgia, Dear Tonya and Rhett, and I am here to help begin the process of healing and being . Rest in peace old pal. We just talked to him before his birthday in late March. Actually, and more appropriately, to Savannahs Waterfront for its beautification and improvement. http://www.stricklandandsonsfuneralhome.com/index.cfm, http://www.superpages.com/bp/Pooler-GA/Thomas-C-Strickland-Sons-L0082200026.htm, http://www.stricklandandsonsfuneralhome.com/, http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/atlanta/obituary-funeralhome.aspx?fh=thomas-c-strickland--sons-funeral-home&fhid=5406, http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/augustachronicle/obituary.aspx?n=virginia-burke-tyner&pid=145777650, http://local.yahoo.com/info-13835434-strickland-trey-thomas-c-strickland-sons-pooler. Copyright 2023 Echovita Inc. All rights reserved. Our deepest sympathies. Meredith was born in Newington, GA to the late Adolphus Jasper Carter, Jr. and Edith Wade Sheppard Carter. - Thom and Michelle Norton, Metter, Ga. Tonya, Tim, Jennifer, Rhett and your families, Sandy & Dan Davis, Savannah, GA, Im blessed to have grown up across the street from this wonderful family- it goes without saying there was never a dull moment in Mayfair. Stan had a tremendous since of humor and with him around you always knew you had a friend. I am so sorry for your loss!! Thomas C Strickland and Sons Funeral Home : Family Owned and Operated. We've used ", "My family is TOTALLY The ocean he loved so passionately! Stan was the kind of friend you never forget, his compassion, generosity and kindness knew no limits and were unparalleled. Ga, Tonya, Rhett, Tim, Jennifer and Family, we were so sorry to hear of Stans passing. Thomas C Strickland & Sons Funeral Homes 901 W Hwy 80 Pooler, GA WILSON ROBERTS OBITUARY Wilson Roberts's passing on Friday, April 29, 2022 has been publicly announced by Thomas C. We appreciate your visit to our web site and hope that it provides the information for which you are looking. Leave a sympathy message to the family in the guestbook on this memorial page of Barbara Ann Strickland to show support. Willie and Claire Weil, savannah, ga, Oh what a bright spot in my life it was to spend time with Uncle Stanley and Tonya! Fishermen always like to close with Tight Lines! Fish On! In Stans case, Hes gone fishing where the fish are forever biting and the seas are continuously calm! Mr. Stan will truly be missed. Went above and beyond. - Thomas C. Strickland & Sons Funeral Homes - WEST CHATHAM CHAPEL (912) 748-2444. Thomas C. Strickland & Sons Funeral Homes WEST CHATHAM CHAPEL 901 W. Hwy. Tonya words do not express how sorry we are to hear about Stan. Even though Stan is no longer with us, memories of him will last forever in our hearts! Our West Chatham chapel is located in the heart of Pooler, Georgia, and serves primarly the western portions of Chatham County, south Effingham County and Bryan County. 80 Pooler, GA (912) 748-2444, Copyright 2007 - 23 Thomas C Strickland and Sons Funeral Home. - The days ahead will be challenging, but God will hold you fast and will surprise and overwhelm you with his goodness and great love. In case you are interested in preplanning your memorial service, you can be sure your legacy will be preserved and that you may have peace of mind. Pat R Powers and Mollie Robinson, Savannah, Ga. Tonya and Rhett, praying for your strength during this sad time. Prices will vary Lord You A sweet surprise for sure. Losing a loved one is hard, but they do their best to help guide you and make things a little easier!! Who We Are. Keeping yall in my prayers, - Here are average prices for common funerals in Pooler, Receive obituaries from the city or cities of your choice. Exceptional service. Scott Hilliard , Shellman Bluff , Ga, - You're looking at it Willie he said, now lets go. They make sure things are EXACTLY what you want. Were so sorry to hear of Mr. Stans passing. We can honestly say without a doubt, Savannah has lost a dear part of its soul. Just a few traits of such a good, good man. Our West Chatham chapel is located in the heart of Pooler, Georgia, and serves primarly the western portions of Chatham County, south Effingham County and Bryan County. This breaks my heart for the entire Strickland Family. Our Love and Condolences. Select from these locations within 5 miles. The florists near Thomas C Strickland & Sons have got a wonderful and diverse selection of wreaths, bouquets, and baskets to help talk about your empathy for the family.