I was likely sold later than this in some countries. McCullochMotors Corporation was founded in Milwaukee, Wisconsin but is now owned by Husqvarna Group. )FUEL OIL RATIO: 40:1 with Stihl oilRECOMMENDED FUEL OCTANE: RegularMIX OIL SPECIFICATION:Stihl two-cycle chain saw mix oilCHAIN PITCH: 3/8 in. Electronic quick stop. The 017 became MS 170, 025 became MS 250, and so on. The chain must effectively cut the wood fibers fast and cleanly. What CC is a Stihl 009? 2-Pack 12" Chainsaw Saw Safety Chain Stihl 3/8"LP 44DL 009 017 019 .043. myimages[1]="../../../images/top-banner/ez50-banner.jpg" But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Specifications. Makita is featured on my best battery-powered chainsaw list. ECHO chainsaws are built in the United States but include components from both foreign and domestic locations. before TDC: BREAKER POINT SETTING: 0.35 to 0.40mm (0.014 to 0.016 in.) MANUFACTURED BY: STIHL ANDREAS MASCHINENFABRIK: STUTTGART, GERMANY: SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER: 1120: YEAR INTRODUCED: 1980: YEAR DISCONTINUED: ENGINE DISPLACEMENT: 37 ccm (2.25 cu. Didnt see the 032AV on your list. I just bought Stihl chainsaw sharpener and it's amazing (first one here, http://wiki.motorsaegen-portal.de/wiki/STIHL_-_MOTORSGEN_VON_1929_-_2018, https://translate.google.com/transl_-_MOTORS%C3%84GEN_VON_1929_-_2018&edit-text=, https://www.bestadvisor.com/chainsaw-sharpeners, Few questions about USA, chainsaws and standards, 35cc to 40cc Chainsaw Decision Available 2023, Working oil pumps STIHL 009 010 011 012 and oilpump diaphragm available, Firewood, Heating and Wood Burning Equipment, MS 462 R vs MS 462 R C-M (m-tronic vs traditional carb), Wrong Mix Ration of Gas/Oil for 2-cycle engine - New Craftsman Chain Saw. The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network. myimages[4]="../../../images/top-banner/ez50-banner.jpg" The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is . That said, the lookup machine is made by a hobbyist (me) and comes with no guarantees. Can an RN become a respiratory therapist? We're Dan and Naomi, the ones who own and operate this blog. var myimages=new Array() Below is a quick comparison table of these numbers to help you identify each one.STIHL SAWID NUMBERSPart number(P/N)Serial number(S/N)Format:1142 011 3003[series] [xxx xxxx]11 digits,two spaces112345678[country][order #]4 to 9 digits,no spacesContains: saw series part type saw ID production site full decoding with Stihl databaseLocation:brake sticker,handle bottom,etc.stamped oncrankcase. For example, STIHL carried 017 and 025 model chainsaws. - Manufacturer Warranty : 1 Year - MPN : Does not apply - Power Source : Gasoline - Country/Region of Manufacture : China . WORX WG320 Cordless JawSaw. Dan | Fire and Saw | March 2, 2023September 23, 2021 | Chainsaws, Stihl, Stihl Designations. Stihl chainsaw years and model history and information. How do I find out what year my Stihl chainsaw is? One thing that tends to stay the same across brands is the use of a serial and model number -- typically the keys to finding out more information about your saw. )NUMBER OF CYLINDERS: 1CYLINDER BORE: 36 mm (1.42 in. Although Stihl is a German company, its chainsaws are currently assembled globally. She's also a lifelong athlete and is pursuing certification as a personal trainer. from United States. var myimages2=new Array() We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. commences operation in France in April, maintaining local contacts with public authorities and forestry organisations. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Whether for interests sake or something more technical, the years made for Stihl chainsaw models is a very common question. And, in 2022, the Stihl MS 162 was released (not sure which series this falls under yet). When dealing with older Stihl chainsaws, you often need to find out the saw manufacturing year and model number (i.e. )LONGEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED: 40 cm (16 in. imagelinks[6]="http://www.ezboardwalk.com/" Your goal in painting your deck is to protect it from. You are right ---they will do a lot more than you would first think. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". 1926, Waiblingen, Germany I modded the Muffler and she cuts very strong. Brand Manager for Stihl? The next chainsaw was produced in 1929, the first gas model. A Stihl MS 290 Farm Boss chainsaw costs around $370. A brand-new, unopened.unused, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as . This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. 229 product ratings - Walbro K20-WAT Stihl 009 Chainsaw Carburetor Kit K20WAT Carb Kit. Top Rated Seller. Also note the model number, if any, printed in larger font on the engine housing. )PISTON STROKE: 36 mm (1.42 in. The saw retails for around $409 as a bare tool and carries a 2-year commercial or 3-year residential warranty. It is 40cc and has a 14" bar. . Quality Control 2. The Stihl GTA 26, released in 2021, is Stihls mini chainsaw that is great for pruning tree branches and shrubs. "Made by STIHL" is a brand promise - no matter the location of production. The result is that too much fuel is delivered to the combustion chamber when the throttle is released, and the engine doesnt really slow. It might imply that it has an impressive power-to-weight ratio or a feature that makes it easier to use than another similar model. In order: low restriction air filter (like an HD-2), dp muff cover, timing advance, and base gasket delete. or Best Offer. Interestingly, it was an electric model. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Then lube the bar and get it on! Where can vintage saw parts be found? MANUFACTURED BY: STIHL ANDREAS MASCHINENFABRIK, STUTTGART, GERMANY I have a number of 009/009L, soon to have a 024super, 029, and now a 020av Just wondering if Stihl coded the manufacture date into the serial number some how??? GENUINE STIHL 009 L 010 011 012 Electronic Conversion Parts 1120 l007 1005 B59. 1984: Founding of STIHL Spain. This is placed in different places for different saws. The Quick Chain Adjuster allows for easier, tool-less chain adjustment. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. Stihl 009 L has been serviced and runs well. seeking information about a ver old 024AV? In the mid 1970's it came with a disengaging clutch chain brake mechanism. Read the review: OREGON CS1500. Before 2000, STIHL chainsaw model numbers began with a 0. What were the production years for such and such Stihl chainsaw? Stihl/Founded ). The number is stamped onto a flat metal surface on the motor housing or crankcase, but may also be dot-printed into plastic in some newer models. Proline fuel line hose (Older Type) for Stihl 020, 020T, MS200, MS200T chainsaws. . Date First Available : 7 Aug . Stihl two-cycle chain saw mix oil: CHAIN PITCH: 3/8 in. Advertisementsif(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'workshoppist_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_4',136,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-workshoppist_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');Apart from coding changes, Stihl chainsaw serial numbers increase predictably from late 1950s up to the present day (2021). We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. The 032 is there, are they the same saw? Husqvarna chainsaws come from many countries even though the label says made in Sweden or USA. Even better is when you hold one to use. Remington is featured on my electric chainsaw reviews. 35cc, Chain Saw, 12 indoor plants you dont need a green thumb to keep alive. It also has the ability to accommodate either a 14 or 16 bar. The letters on a Stihl chainsaw explain the specific feature and performance of the model. This is Stihl's most popular model of chainsaw. Advertisementsif(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'workshoppist_com-banner-1','ezslot_3',135,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-workshoppist_com-banner-1-0');The serial number is purely numeric and consists of 4 to 9 digits depending on the saw age. C $24.49. The best chainsaw for beginners and for small garden jobs. This article gives quick lookup tools for both the part and the serial numbers, which tell you the likely saw model, the manufacturing year and the manufacturing location. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. The Stihl saw serial number (S/N), by contrast, carries little information as such, but can be used to look the saw up in Stihls databases. Makita acquired Dolmar in 1991 and also has a factory for chainsaws in Hamburg, Germany. Stihl 009 Specifications for theStihl009chainsaw. )NUMBER OF CYLINDERS: 1CYLINDER BORE: 36 mm (1.42 in. Does anyone know the Stihl 028 AV Super years made? Over 200+ free JavaScripts here! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Fuel Air Filter Line For Stihl 009/009L/010/ 11/012/1120120 1600 Chainsaw Part UK Fuel Air Filter Line For Stihl 009/009L/010/ 11/012/1120120 1600 Chainsaw Part UK Item Information The serial may be prefixed by an X, E, f or sometimes _ (underscore), but none of these are part of the serial. Even better is when you get the opportunity to see and feel one in real life, and even get the chance to start one up. The first 4 digits of the number are essential: these leading digits identify the saw series and are the same for all (or at least most) parts on a given saw. Read the front and back pages of the owner's manual for your saw, if you still have it, which may indicate the year the saw was made or sold. The company has facilities and subsidiaries in Sweden, France, Germany, the United States, China, and Brazil. Basically, many cast metal parts and almost every plastic part on a Stihl saw have a part number on them. Home | Chain Saws | Chain Saw Chain | Bar Mount Patterns | Carburetors . So they did make a 021, Hi how much Stihl 070 petrol and 090 please. In lucky cases where the series has only one saw model, such as the MS 661 in the series 1144, the part number identifies the model uniquely. China (7) Items (7) United States (7) Items (7) Germany (2) Items (2) Italy (1) Items (1) . random_imglink() You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. It is a safe, easy to maintain electric saw for the larger urban or suburban garden. Next page. Updated: 00/04/25 Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Stihl (/ s t i l / (), German: ) is a German manufacturer of chainsaws and other handheld power equipment including trimmers and blowers. Handle assembly part number (on the bottom of the saw), Brake lever part number (on a sticker on the inside of the lever). These small programs incorporate majority of the open information available and give you the best guesses for the saw model as well as the manufacturing year and site that you can get without Stihl manufacturer data. Bar, 45.4cc Engine, 0.325in. US $43.9 Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for NEW OEM CAPS STIHL 023 024 026 028 038 048 009 & more 00003500510 00003500520 at the best online prices at Free shipping for many products . This includes the early corded electric and more modern battery chainsaws (Stihl electric chainsaw reviews). The Parts 3. Im trying to find a 041 super cylinder anyone know where to find one? Stihl's model 028 Wood Boss chain saw, called 028 WB for short, was manufactured in Germany and the United States primarily in the late 1970s. . We use cookies to optimize our website and our service. Free shipping. It may not display this or other websites correctly. When youre done with this page, be sure to check out my top-rated chainsaws list to find the best models by these brands. Most of Tanakas chainsaw components are now made in China. Whatever brand you have, look for a metal plate or an embossed series of numbers somewhere on the engine housing. Register today and take advantage of membership benefits. )SPARK PLUG TYPE: Bosch WSR6F, Champion RCJ7YSPARK PLUG GAP: 0.51 mm (0.020 in. Had a Stihl dealership in Lincolnton, NC tell me that Stihl never made an 021 chainsaw. The relationship I finally came up with actually seems precise to +/- one year. You can tell the year of Stihl chainsaws by locating the serial number [1]. function random_imglink(){ MANUFACTURED BY: STIHL ANDREAS MASCHINENFABRIK, STUTTGART, GERMANY SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER: 1120 YEAR INTRODUCED: 1993 YEAR DISCONTINUED: ENGINE DISPLACEMENT: 36.6 ccm (2.23 cu. So look on the bottom of the tank housing and you will see an 11 digit number. Sounds like yours is like new, if so, I'd say you got a real buy. The Stihl 009L chain is an extremely important part of the chain saw. Determining Husqvarna Chainsaw Manufacturing Year. The most probable and easiest to fix cause of chain rotation while the chainsaw engine idles is a poorly adjusted idle setting on the carburetor. By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. Homelite chain saws, on the other hand, have the serial number printed on the bottom side of the saw, and Husqvarna saws have the serial number near the oil cap, front handle, starter cover or on the bottom of the machine. on Chainsaws, Started by chris jensen But with many Stihl saws having carried this info only on a sticker all too often unreadable or missing telling these essential specs is not always easy. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. The model number on a Stihl chainsaw is usually located on the crankcase. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. If youre wondering: where are chainsaws are made? Bowtie said: Best way to date a Stihl chainsaw is to treat them to some high quality mix oil and gas. . CHAIN TYPE: Stihl: BAR MOUNT PATTERN: SHORTEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED: JavaScript is disabled. imagelinks[5]="https://woodmizer.com/Store/Shop/Sawmill-Options/CookieMizer-Clamping-Jig?utm_source=forestryforum.com&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=cookiemizer&utm_term=2021-03-09&utm_content=800x160" Its big, heavy, and sounds like a big dirt bike. Stihl 009 L MiniBoss has been discontinued. TheDolmar Outdoor Equipment brand was acquired byMakitain 1991. How to Remove Spark Arrestors From Chainsaws. You see little Johnny, when a man and a woman love each other, sometimes they take a nap in a special way . (Lord, I apologize for that right there .). Sawinery is a one-stop source for anything woodworking-related. 6 How do I find out what year my Stihl chainsaw is? (Image credit: WORX) 3. The TS 500i cut-off saw is the world's first hand-held, motorised power tool with electronically controlled injection. Around 1980 it the QuickStop Chain Brake. Login with username, password and session length, James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? 14601 North Bybee Lake CrtSuite NZ9575920Portland, Oregon 97203United StatesPhone: 1 (833) 367-2348, 2023 Fire And Saw - All Rights Reserved, Stihl chainsaws are now manufactured around the world, Stihl MS192T Chainsaw Review: Specs, Prices, Versions (192TC Differences), The Stihl MS261 Chainsaw Review: M-Tronic Vs Non-M-Tronic, Stihl MS461 Chainsaw Review: Specs, Price, Versions, Recall, 7 Best Electric Chainsaws Reviewed: Corded Electric And Battery Chainsaws, Do EGO Tools Go On Sale? Random Image Link Script- By JavaScript Kit(http://www.javascriptkit.com) We know youll also enjoy this post on what the C on Stihl chainsaws means! The only exceptions are the early Stihl BL and BLK from 1950s and 1960s, which used their own system. See the Best Petrol Chainsaws in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au. */ Stihl saws have a serious design flaw that causes vapor lock. Notice I stuff rags around the rod to hold it in place. )CRANKSHAFT MAIN BEARINGS: Caged needle rollerFUEL TANK CAPACITY: FUEL OIL RATIO: 40:1 with Stihl oilRECOMMENDED FUEL OCTANE: Regular gradeMIX OIL SPECIFICATION: Stihl two-cycle chain saw mix oilCHAIN PITCH: Informed Purchases with CWM Reviews. C $15.28 Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Replacement Chainsaw Parts fuel line hose tank vent Kit for STIHL #1117 350 5800 at the best online prices at Free shipping for many products. All parts that fit a 009 Chainsaw Pages in this diagram A_-Crankcase A-Crankcase B_-Cylinder B-Cylinder C_-Air filter / Oil Pump C-Air filter / Oil Pump D_-Clutch D-Clutch E-Chain brake E-Chain brake The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. See all Stihl Petrol Chainsaws. 25 Best Deck Paint Colors and Combinations, How to Fill Cracks in Wood With Epoxy A Step-by-Step Guide. Hey guys I was just wondering if Stihl used a specific way to date a chainsaw through the serial number. The STIHL 044 C, the first chainsaw with a catalytic converter, is launched in 1989. var imagelinks=new Array() The model number is located on the top of the chain saw's engine and the serial numbers are stamped onto . ! Poulan is part of the Husqvarna Group. Random Image Link Script- By JavaScript Kit(http://www.javascriptkit.com) Technical Details. The serial lookup machine works for all Stihl chainsaws produced from late 1950s to 2020s. . Stihl MS 251, 251 C-BE | 2013 Current , Stihl MS 201 T C-M, 201 C-EM | 2015 Current, Stihl MS 150 C-E, MS 150 T C-E | 2013 Current, Stihl MS 500i, MS MS 500i W | 2019 Current , Stihl MSE 170 C-BQ, 210 C-BQ | 2014 Current. VB, Does Stihl have a different mount size at the studs for bigger and smaller Stihl, Mounting Cannon S2 (big Stihl) 42" bar on MS661 (small Stihl), stihl part number for the flywheel for a 048 stihl with two keyways, blue by day, orange by night, and green in between. I have one almost exactly like this, with the differences being the fuel cap is the solid black slotted one just like the oil cap, and mine doesn't have the quickstop on the badge. The serial lookup machine works for all Stihl chainsaws produced from late 1950's to 2020's. The only exceptions are the early Stihl BL and BLK from 1950s and 1960s, which used their own system. The recalled saws were sold nationally through Stihl servicing dealers for about $400 to $450 each. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes. The 10 mm 044s are my favorite, especially if it has a KS jug. Number of bids and bid amounts may be slightly out of date. Since then, the company has produced several models. I cant find the exact dates but its something like 1999 2007 in most countries. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. //specify corresponding links below Over 200+ free JavaScripts here! JavaScript is disabled. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Model Features The 009 L does not have Anti-Vibration mounts, or Easy Access Air Filter. Finally got a few photos. Power type: Electric. Call Store for Price.