Those that know how to adjust cable tension on a mechanical derailleur will find the micro-adjust on an AXS derailleur immediately familiar because it does exactly the same thing, electronically. Failure to follow these proper steps can allow air to easily enter the system. Hi, I have been quite pleased with the SRAM Red AXS on both of my road bikes and Red-XX1 combo on my gravel bike. Remove the wheel from the frame and remove the pads from the caliper. How To: Adjust SRAM AXS Rear Derailleur Contender Bicycles 4.41K subscribers 111K views 2 years ago CONTENDER BICYCLES In this video, Graham from Contender Bicycles provides a quick demonstration. Its always worth carrying a spare hanger for the roughly $20 they usually cost as they can solve some major headaches. When youre satisfied with the position of the front derailleur, slowly bring the mounting bolt up to 6 Nm torque. $52.99. Sticky pistons/pad rub/uneven pad advancement. Good news, our initial testing shows the 10-36T cassette . The RD stops when it confronts that obstacle. We'll go into more details, but the main things are: 1. $61.99. Watch How To Video, Chainring and big cog + two inner and two outer links (bypassing the rear derailleur). Take your bike to a dealer and they will call SRAM service and it will be replaced. It may simply be that you need to get the new pistons moving and ready to brake. Yet the simple answer is, you just replace the battery / recharge it silly, haha. Here are some bullet points about what happens. Press and release to end pairing session. That fix is certainly trickier than swapping a battery or rebooting the system. Once connected use the app make sure you see the gears change in the app by pressing the button on the derailleur (once or twice). So it looks that my happines of SRAM AXS has gotten a dent. If that would be repeatable, it is most likely and electric issue. for the smoothest, fastest shifting setup. This can take several repetitions! Bleeding your brakes will remove air and water from the brake fluid, increasing the fluids boiling point and optimizing brake function. Sram eTap rear derailleur sporadically stops shifting - then performs all queued shifts at once? I returned one for warranty work due to the same issue. If re-pairing derailleur and shifter didnt work to solve inoperative shifting, it can be worth checking for firmware updates. SRAM Red / Force / Rival eTap AXS HRD Brake Caliper Spare Parts. Its worth mentioning that if you need to perform a micro-adjust to compensate for a bent derailleur/hanger, you should check your limit screws to make sure the derailleur doesnt over-shift into your spokes. SRAM NX Eagle Rear Derailleur Spare Parts. SRAM X0 / X9 / X7 Type 2/2.1 2x10 Rear Derailleur Spare Parts. This will ensure power, consistency, and quiet during braking for the life of the rotor. The Derailleur Reduced to its most basic level, the Eagle AXS rear derailleur simply uses a motor, instead of a cable, to move the derailleur. Watch How To Video, Big chainring and big cog + one inner and one outer links (bypassing the rear derailleur). WatchHow To Video, B) Fine tune front shifting with limit screws. Its a good idea to check this bolt first and if it is loose or backed out, usually just threading it back in solves the issue. Check your rear derailleur setup 2. WatchHow To Video, D) Set brake lever engagement with Contact Point Adjust (on disc brake models). 1) After you've paired the components in your AXS groupset together and completed setup and tuning, download the free AXS app from the Apple App Store or Google Play. LINE IT UP Front Derailleur Use the lines on the front derailleur cage to set your height and alignment relative to the big ring. An improved motor and better signal transmission ensure faster gear changes. Google searches have rendered nothing. $61.99. Unfortunately, as great as it is, AXS drivetrains are still susceptible to some of the same problems as any normal drivetrain system, and some new issues as well. For an improved shopping experience, we recommend that you use the most recent versions of Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum! We will stick to problems that plague rear derailleurs, as 1X setups are common on most modern mountain bikes. First, make sure the mounting height is correct. Fresh out of the box, your new brakes wont feel like they have any power until you go through the bed-in process. Both of these adjustments can affect one another, so keep an eye on both as you make them. Let the cassette break in 4. Then push the AXS button on the rear derailleur a final time and both LEDs will turn off. Your browser does not support all of our websites functionality. After the bed-in procedure has been performed, the caliper may need to be re-centered. WatchHow To Video, B) Fine tune front shifting with limit screws. Wet lube is the quietest lube option, lasts a long time, and contributes to drivetrain durability. Use the lines on the front derailleur cage to set your height and alignment relative to the big ring. Firmware Notes.png 108 KB Show previous admin responses (1) We're glad you're here Going through the initial pair process again (holding down the AXS button on the rear derailleur until the LED flashes constantly and then pairing the shifter) is supposed to be enough to reset it. If the total thickness of the pad material and backing plate is less than 3 mm, its time for new pads. As I bought my groupset 2nd hand, I have not contacted SRAM for any warranty. The rear is the master and the FD is a slave, so the shifters are sending a signal. This should be enough to ensure the derailleur has no problem getting into the gear but doesnt over shift. This free update comes approximately a year after SRAM quietly rolled out an updated Red rear derailleur for those early eTap adopters. Installation as well.Take a hands-on class, San Jose CAwww.biketeacher.com AboutPressCopyrightContact. For moreeTap AXSsetup videos, visit theSRAM Tech YouTube Channel. Make sure you do not install the olive backwards. When it arrived, everything was working just fine, the derailleurs would shift as you'd expect. Cookie Notice Add to Basket . Terms | Privacy, First published January 11, 2022 @ 2:00:00. Tutorial - YouTube 0:00 / 12:59 Sram XX1 Eagle Derailleur - My Adjustment Mistakes. Best Bike Trails | WatchHow To Video, Set rear derailleur B-gap using the supplied B-gap tool (dont skip this step!) Will it work with the new 10-36T cassette? Drailleur avant. In the event that the shifter battery is dead, a rarer event for sure, simply use a coin to remove the cover from the underside of the shifter and swap a new CR2032 coin cell in there. By submitting this form, you consent to the processing of the above information in the U.S. by SRAM LLC. Its an easy process that will leave your brakes feeling like new again, and if you dont want to tackle it yourself, your local shop is probably an expert. When shifted into the big ring up front and smallest cog in back, adjust the high limit screw (the one on top) until there is 0.5-1 mm of clearance between the inside of the outer derailleur plate and the chain. Once you return home it can be a good idea to look over the drivetrain and determine why the derailleur was over-shifting, as this is often the result of a bent hanger or some other issue that needs attention. For an improved shopping experience, we recommend that you use the most recent versions of Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. Watch How To Video, B) Shift the rear derailleur in the second largest cog and use MicroAdjust to line up the upper derailleur pulley with that cog. ', I will have a look at my Etap tomorrow and see if i can find a fix for you. Log in or register to join the conversation. I bought the eTap road upgrade kit (short RD cage) early May this year from Germany. SRAM GX 2x11 Rear Derailleur B-Bolt/Limit Screw Kit. Firmware release notes can be viewed by connecting to the component, and navigating to the component part detail page (as seen in the attached photo). See SRAM'sPrivacy Policyfor a detailed explanation of how your personal data is used. Repeat approximately ten times. I've a ~9 months old Sram eTap groupset on my road bike and recently it started to act quite strangely, in two occasions outright dangerously by stopping to perform any rear up or down shifts.. for about half a minute. Yesterday, I installed it on the bike, and was indexing the gears. ALIGNER LE TOUT. Just swap it out and youre good to go. $312.99. Is your bike more than a year old? WatchHow To Video, A) Fine tune rear shifting using MicroAdjust. The solution is the same in either case: replace the pads and rotors, and carefully follow the bed-in process outlined above for quiet operation. Been having issues when it comes to shifting into the big ring with my Force AXS front derailleur. Even has a pithy attitude! Install the proper pad spacer for your model of caliper. It then will "wake up"/reconnect and execute all of the shift clicks at once. When I put the bike in 1st gear and then upshift to 2nd gear it stays in 1st gear. Repeated this a couple of times and removed the derailleur from the bike in the app, restarted the app, kept the battery off for a few mins etc etc. Where the standard rear derailleurs in SRAM's road groupset range have a maximum sprocket capacity of 33 teeth (with Wide/Max variants of the road derailleur that can take up to 36 teeth),. Check out this handy guide from SRAM. Bedding in your brakes will deposit an even layer of pad material onto the braking surface of the rotor. New one works trouble free so far. This might be a long shot to find answers, but I couldn't find any online. Either you have JavaScript disabled or your browser does not support JavaScript. $9.89 Was $27.99. Especially during sprints RD suddenly making multiple shifts randomly poses a serious fall hazard. Using the SRAM rear derailleur with Shimano 12 speed cassette can solve the issue. Keeping it real, either system can be reliable and provide a long, quality service life. The front derailleurs position on the bike is absolutely foundational to its performance. If for some reason the derailleur is over-shifting into the spokes youll need to adjust the low limit screw, and if it jumps off the smallest cog youll want to adjust the high limit. SRAM AXS FD Shifting Troubleshooting. Continue to squeeze the lever until the pistons touch the spacer. SRAM Red eTap Rear Derailleur Spare Parts . #4 re-install all firmware (overwriting existing). Shift into the offending gear and dial the limit screw in clockwise until you see the derailleur move in a small amount, and then back the screw out half of a turn.