Commack Union Free School District $ 214,645,326 budget passed Yes - 2,392 No - 815 Proposition 2 to decrease transportation limits in grades 3 through 5 from mile to a mile, passed Yes - 2,376 No - 814 Candidates, two seats Steven Hartman - 2,277 Pauline Fidalgo - 877 Justin Varughese - 2,247 Christopher Jurkovic - 893 Mary has advocated for Hope Rocks, and our grass roots peer to peer AWARENESS behavioralhealth program and others, to gainsupport from the Ulster County Legislature tohelp at risk youth in our County.Mary recognizes how important it is to get help to those who are struggling with addiction as well as to provide Narcan trainings to the friends and family of those addicted. There were more than 68,000 drugoverdosedeaths reported in2018. Lisa Cutten is a Certified Public Accountant with 35 years of experience in government auditing. The deficit is partly due to a projected reduction in state aid of $408,893, or 1.77 percent. All while balancing the needs of our community with revenues and expenses. I am a retired New York City detective, formally assigned to the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Joint Terrorism Task Force, Northern District of New York, which includes Ulster County. The Adirondack record-Elizabethtown post. He then laid out his vision. One of our goals, if we can afford it, is to have all of our class sizes be 25 or smaller throughout the entire district next year.. Jane St. Amour First is the closure of Mount Marion and the overall impact it will have on the district and the other is the need to control spending without cutting teachers and other programs for students. As a retired New York City Detective assigned to JTTF and one of the arresting officers of Mr. Shabazz, it seems that the people of Ulster County at large and members of Ulster County law enforcement should demand more of their district attorney.Raymond NafeyDetective, New York City Police Department (retired), Re: Paul Andreassen and Mike Ivino (Supervisor and Councilman, respectively)The following comments by Mike Ivino editorially appeared in The Letters column as a response to a letter appearing there. The Rolling Stones went on after a vivacious James Brown and later called it one of the biggest mistakes of their career.Additional performers included The Supremes, The Beach Boys, Chuck Berry, Marvin Gaye, and others. As a member of the Paul Luke Band, they performed for hundreds of causes throughout the Town and surrounding counties for forty years, so don't badger Paul's commitment to any cause, because he's done more for this town than most people give him credit for or even know. Look for Mikes name on the Independent, Republican and Conservative lines. As a town board member I can assure those present at the meetings, those following the situation on Facebook, in the press or at the coffeehouses, we heard you loud and clear. Join me in voting for Al Bruno for Ulster County Legislator!Lisa BrunoSaugertiesBruno will work for all taxpayersFirst, Id like to thank the League of Women Voters, for hosting a candidates forum, debate on Friday October 18, at the senior center. At this time, the declining mental health of our students must be addressed as they continue to adjust back to life in the classrooms. There is no better way to get young people involved in politics than to actually vote for one. A response will only keep it alive and it does not deserve a response. Welcome to Saugerties Central School District OUR MISSION We, the Board of Education, staff, students, parents, and community share responsibility for meeting the needs of students living in a rapidly changing, pluralistic society. He's a true and committed public servant who believes in "doing your bit and then going back to the farm" (metaphorically speaking, your day job).". This presents absolutely unsanitary and unhealthy conditions for both the animals residing there and the staff working there. School budget, BOE election results Melanie Lekocevic Columbia-Greene Media May 18, 2021 Updated May 19, 2021 0 Below are the unofficial results of the May 18 school budget votes and board of education elections. Nicole Roskos questions why Paul Andreassen would not finish his remaining term on the Board and compares his length of service to Fred Costello's. 3- Mike is a small business manager. The decrease in the budget was accomplished through savings generated by the decision to repurpose an elementary school and by the payoff of bonds related to . The building aid decrease is due to the final payments on previous facilities projects in the district. During the meeting, Superintendent Kirk Reinhardt said the budget proposal adhered to the districts goal of keeping taxpayers in mind while addressing the needs of Saugerties students. Malden on Hudson, NY 12453 845-332-7395 pandreasseninspector@gmail.com, Final Week Before Election Letters-to-the-Editor (appearing in. SCSD website accessibility guidelines. I had a lot of people in the community speak to me before the ballot came out, and they were very anxious to get the ballots because they were concerned about their kids education and said they were going to both positively on the budget. What I find so ironic is that two years ago those same current and former leaders of the Democratic Committee who had praised Paul up and down for being a great individual, with integrity and who supported him wholeheartedly for election, this year have denied him even an opportunity to a fair and honest primary, in spite of the fact that he had gone out and collected more than 300-signatures from Saugerties Democrats to get on their line. The Tioga Tigers, ranked number one in the state in D-II, will see four wrestlers compete for New The Conservative Party (NewYork)will only endorse a candidate who shares itsConservative values. The Saugerties Central School District serves 2,200 students in five schools in upper Ulster County. On the local level, Mike will be making affordable home ownership a priority for all. 4- Since the age of 17, Mike has been a volunteer member of Cedar Grove Fire Company. Position: Berechnungsingenieur fr Insassensimulation / Gesamtsystemanalyse (w/m/d)<br>Location: Sindelfingen<br>Life is always about becoming Im Leben geht es darum, sich auf eine Reise zu begeben, um die beste Version unseres zuknftigen Selbst zu werden. The proposed budget reflects a 2.36 percent tax levy increase and meets the New York State Tax Cap formula criteria for a simple majority voter approval. Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday. This could result in two different outcomes to a similar complaint. The logistics of planning the rearrangement of your school system (enrollment, class sizes, moving teachers, etc. The current supervisor and another sitting councilwoman have had 15-years each on the board to plan for infrastructure and capital improvement projects and it appears that there was no plan in place or little budgeting for the ice arena. What | witnessed was very disturbing while passing by his properties and dump sites. Education: I graduated from John A. Coleman Catholic High School in 1996, earned an associates degree in Human Services from Dutchess Community College in 2016, and earned a bachelors degree in Community and Human Services from Empire State College in 2019. Cutten can and will do the best job for us as our Comptroller. On November 5, 2019, the residents of Saugerties have an opportunity to elect a young man to the Saugerties Town Board who at the age of 25 has the business sense, drive and commitment to our community of an individual way beyond his years. So, if Paul Andreassen needs a civics lesson, I'm sure the last person he would consult with would be Nicole Roskos. I call upon the current town board members to visit the shelter in order to see for themselves the unhealthy situation. Reinhardt has given the school board three consolation plans to consider. My wife and I owe her a deep debt of gratitude for being so instrumental in helping prepare of children for their education. Show spanned two days and provided the basis for a subsequent concert film. A healthy, transformative school district culture has to address this. About the 2022-23 Budget - Saugerties Central School District It reveals why, in spite of the large number of Democrats who wanted to vote for Paul Andreassen and Mike Ivino or at least wanted them on the ballot, Mike and Paul were denied any opportunity to appear on a ballot and thus were unable to fight for the nomination:Mike Ivino responds: I had conversations with Lanny (Walter, Dem Chair) that led to nowhere. 2021 Saugerties Submission (December 21, 2021) 2021-22 Transparency Form Parts A-E (Excel) 2021-22 Transparency Form Part F (Word) Mary has also been a very strong advocate for NARCAN Trainings and has actually sponsored these. For Sale Price: $449000 | 2 bed, 1 bath, 3920 Sq. Its either all or nothing. Im willing and able to listen to all sides of an issue and make a decision based of facts. 9301 I am a retired New York City detective, formally assigned to the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Joint Terrorism Task Force, Northern District of New York, which includes Ulster County.I read with interest today, the Kingston Daily Freemans article regarding the local campaign for district attorney. Some in Saugerties outraged following now-canceled English assignment She has caught people bilking Ulster County and brought them to justice. What was generally accepted as "good legislation" almost always acknowledged an objective standard for defining "unreasonable" noise. School budget, BOE election results | Top Story | hudsonvalley360.com Some politicians seem to enjoy the power and prestige these positions can bring an individual, Mary is more concerned about actually helping people and families in Ulster County. She also recognizes the problems and issues communities in Ulster County face with drug addiction. PDF augerties 2022/2023 Calendar GOP ad on NYS Senator [read here]Sample 2022 ballot with notes and suggestions [read here]President Donald J. Trump Endorses Zeldin [read here]Dead Heat in Governor's Race [read here]Post endorses Michael Henry for AG [read here]Tish James vs the Law (Paul DiGiacomo) [read here]GOP Roundup in Rifton [read here]Federal Judge Halts Key Parts of NY's Gun Law [read here]Zeldin, Esposito & Pinion Make Stop in Lakewood [read here]Zeldin and Esposito State the GOP Case [read here]Two Shot Outside Zeldin Home [read here]GOP Congressional Delegation Urges Investigation of Kathy Hochul [read here]Pay-to-Play Makes Hochul Unfit for Governor's Job [read here]NYPD's Detective's Union Urges New Yorkers to Dump Letitia James [read here]Why we should vote for Lee Zeldin [red here]Grand Opening, Pat Sheehan Headquarters [read here]Sue Serino's "Hinchey's Missing" ad [read here]Horton Newsletter-07 [read here]2022 Sample Ballot [read here]Early voting information (where and when) [read here]Lee Zeldin's 10-Grievances vs Hochul [read here]NYS Troopers Back Joe Pinion [read here]Ballot Proposition-1 (Gerard Kassar) [read here]Statement from Team Marcelle [read here]Lee Zeldin gets and endorsement from law enforcement [read here]Tom Marcelle endorsed by Plumbers & Steamfitters Union Local 7 [read here]Michael Henry receives NYS Troopers' PBA endorsement [read here]Jim Quigley has a new ad [read here]Michael Henry's statement regarding crime (Michael Henry website) [read here]NY Congresswoman Elise Stefanik's statement regarding Letitia James [read here]GOP statement regarding NYS Attorney General [read here]NY GOP Release regarding "Kickback Kathy" [read here]Jim Quigley, Campaign Announcement [read here]Whipped-cream law [read here]Schumer Family Business [read here]Kickback Kathy [read here]Buffalo Bills Stadium [read here]Pinion Could Shake Schumer (Newsmax, August 25, 2022) [read here]Niagara City vs Gun Laws [read here]Democrat Support Zeldin as Crime Rages (Sept. 15, 2022) [read here]Lonsberry on Hochul (Sept. 14, 2022) [read here]Dirty Tricks (Sept. 12, 2022) [read here]PSA Regarding Absentee Ballots (Arold and Heidcamp, Sept. 12, 2022) [read here]Hochul Endorsed by NRA (2012) [read here]Vote letter from NYS Democratic Committee to Party voters [read here]Zeldin (Clay Shooting) [read here]911 Call Center (Saugerties Conservative Committee) [read here]Toy Gun Laws in NY (NY Post, August 16, 2022) [read here]Hochul Pay-to-Play (NY Post, August 25, 2022) [read here]Sheehan Fundraiser Announcement [read here]Joe Pinion statement [read here]Horton Newsletter-06 [read here]Rodriguez statement [read here]Early Voting information [read here]Hochul (NY Times Union, Chris Bragg, July 31, 2022) [read here]Special Election Sample Ballot [read here]Rallies [read here]Republican and Conservative Statement regarding Guns [read here]Michael Long Death [read here]NYCP statement regarding Zeldin incident [read here]Hochul Encouraged Confrontation [read here]Zeldin Attack [read here]NY Gun Law [read here]GOP & CP vs Gun Law [read here]Greetings from Zach [read here]Horton Newsletter-03 [read here]Horton Newsletter-05 [read here]Zach on Primary [read here]NYSCP statement on halting non-citizen voting [read here]Gun Show comments (Moorhus) [read here]Gun Show comments (Horton) [read here]Horton Newsletter-4 [read here]Antonio Delgado [read here]NYS CP (May 2, 2022) [read here]NYSCP on Gerrymandering [read here]NY GOP (Court of Appeals Ruling on Gerrymandering) [read here]Horton Newsletter-02 [read here]Zeldin for Governor (donation form) [read here]NYSCP statement on Gerrymandering [read here]Horton Newsletter-01 [read here]NYSCP legislative memo in opposition to S7565 [read here], List of Prior Letters-to-Editor et al. Along with this Mike has been on the Board of Fire Commissioners of the Centerville Fire District for the past two years. Mike is committed to not only keeping Saugerties an affordable place where its residents can live and raise a family but looking to the future a thriving and economically sound place where our childrens children can live and raise their families.I am respectfully asking all of my friends, family, colleagues and residents of Saugerties to please join me and cast your ballot for Mike Ivino on November 5. by in. It was a pleasure and honor to participate with the community and other candidates. Positive change is needed especially after two long years of dealing with Covid. Marion Elementary school, but I believe the hardest work is yet to unfold. I appreciate that he was honest with us right up front stating that hes in this to represent the people, not the party. Information was released on the districts Facebook page but not immediately available on its website. Look for Mikes name on the Independent, Republican and Conservative lines. Jobs that will enable our children and grandchildren the opportunity to live and raise a family here. Under her care all of my daughters were well prepared for kindergarten. School Calendar - Saugerties Senior High School montresor character traits with quotes . There are 62 cities in New York. Saugerties school budget vote result misleading - PressReader We do have a plan for all of our reserves.. Now, more than ever well need a competent Comptroller who has the training and experience of detecting governmental waste and fraud. One-by-one, each member of the committee had an opportunity to interview Mike and each member asked a series of questions, after which Mike left the room.I have been involved in politics for many years, as most readers are well aware, andI can honestly say that I have never met a more polite, decent and straight forward man in all that time. Im willing to bring this to the school board if elected. The concerned citizenry turned into a grass roots movement to demand that the town board think again. Saugerties school budget approved - Daily Freeman School board (Vote for 2) Michael Kobasa (I): 223 Noelle Relles (I): 201 Skaneateles School budget (+5.53%, tax levy + 1.78%) Yes: 942 No: 303 School board (Vote for 3) Rob Bennett: 678. The Adirondack record-Elizabethtown post. (Au Sable Forks, N.Y.) 1920 I have always been the non-partisan, vote for the right person guy. There are currently lawsuits seeking to overturn the act, which is known to have been passed in the dead of night with a message of necessity. The Conservative Party gubernatorial candidate has promised that he will repeal this bill, which greatly impinges on the Second Amendment. I didnt know what he was alleged to have done in and of itself is disturbing.In todays world of social media, such statements are easily disproven as shown here in another photograph publicly displayed on the candidates website as early as spring of 2019. Crispin Kott is the co-author of the Rock and Roll Explorer Guide to New York City (Globe Pequot Press, June 2018), the Little Book of Rock and Roll Wisdom (Lyons Press, October 2018), and the Rock and Roll Explorer Guide to San Francisco and the Bay Area (Globe Pequot Press, May 2021). Apparent winners were William Ball, Scott Polston, and Christine Bellarosa. If that is how the public wants the town to operate and allows a department head to dictate the terms, without discussion, then you certainly dont want me as your town supervisor. Often talked about, but rarely done. As a BOE member I plan to be very attuned to how these changes are being implemented and evaluated with integrity. Secondary Education Social Science, M.A. Then, after denying Paul Andreassen an equal opportunity to vie for the Democrat endorsement through the process, negative letters began to appear in the Saugerties Times, again from the same current and former Democrat leaders, criticizing Paul for petty nonsense. Saugerties school budget vote is Tuesday - Daily Freeman Changes arent successful because of good intentions, and I think evaluating this work honestly and objectively will be very important. Graduated with a diploma in Business Studies, Occupation: Unit Clerk at Northern Dutchess Hospital. Its a matter of someone who is highly qualified versus someone who is poorly qualified and a little too chummy with Pat Ryan for the public good.I wish March Gallagher well in her future career, as long as it is not Ulster County Comptroller. My name is Raymond Nafey. Town Councilman We all need to become much more diligent in not only the waste we produce, but how we dispose of it. SAUGERTIES - Saugerties school district voters will decide Tuesday whether to adopt a $41.8 million budget proposal or force the district to an austerity budget of $40 million. Saugerties. NYSRPA is engaged in legislation and political awareness campaigns in New York. When Im elected to the Town board I pledge to improve the resources available for the Saugerties Animal Shelter and to look out for the welfare of the staff as well as the animals housed there. Paul is a member of the Ulster County Industrial Development Agency and liaison to the Historic Preservation Commission, Sewer and Water Advisory Board, Diaz Ambulance, Tourism Committee, Ethics Committee, Planning Board, Zoning Board, Building Department and Water and Sewer Department. She also recognizes the problems and issues communities in Ulster County face with drug addiction. the The Hudson Valley Garlic Festival, The 4th of July parade and fireworks, The Sawyer Motors Car Show and the December Holiday in the Village ), along with many other weekly events, can be found on this page. The list goes on but Al doesnt devote his time and effort to be in the lime light or for attention, he donates his time because he believes that Saugerties is a great place to live and raise a family but he also knows that there are challenges that the residents face and when elected to the Ulster County Legislature, he will devote his time and energy to make sure that not only the residents in his district are represented but all of the residents of Ulster County are treated equally. These cost savings will give us the ability to redirect those savings to where it can better serve our students, says St. Amour. The Saugerties Central School District (SCSD) will ask for voter approval on a $66,426,716 budget for the 2022-23 school year, a decrease of $110,249 from the 2021-22 spending plan. Al is no nonsense individual who is committed to one thing and that is anything that he decides to take on. All while balancing the needs of our community with revenues and expenses. I am proud to support Al Bruno so please, get out and vote for Al on November 5, 2019.James BrunoSaugertiesFamilial supportI support my husband Al Bruno for Ulster County Legislator! She has been the daycare provider for my three daughters. Mary exercises the same level of care and dedication with her legislative duties. These matters take forever to adjudicate and filling the gallery with cheerleaders won't alter the outcome in any way. Falling behind in studies, struggling to stay afloat, losing valuable supports along with crumbling mental health are some of the many concerns I have listened to other parents express in recent years. Identify areas of possible town/village consolidation, Recent bipartisan efforts in Ulster and Dutchess Counties have brought about term limits for all, Depleting budget surpluses, if any, is not a healthy or fiscally responsible. We need to look out for and take care of the, . Local Board of Education vote results - NEWS10 ABC I couldnt get over the way this young man conducted himself an absolute gentleman. Paul and staff fought against many hazardous environmental quagmires to the satisfactory conclusion of shutting down both the Shott Mining operation and The American Candle Factory. Assigned polling locations are as follows: Grant D. Morse, Districts 6, 9, 15 and 16; Cahill, Districts 1 to 4, 7 and 14; Riccardi, Districts 8 and 11 to 13; and Mount Marion, Districts 5 and 10. Ulster Votes; New York State. How do you see the role of the School Board? The district did not immediately release vote counts for winning candidates for three Board of Education seats carrying three-year terms. To access documents, you will need thefree Adobe Reader. Why didnt he bring the SAFE issue to the board after his election in 2013? Crispin Kott is the co-author of the Rock and Roll Explorer Guide to New York City (Globe Pequot Press, June 2018), the Little Book of Rock and Roll Wisdom (Lyons Press, October 2018), and the Rock and Roll Explorer Guide to San Francisco and the Bay Area (Globe Pequot Press, May 2021). During the next year and half an FBI undercover agent and confidential source made numerous trips to meet with Mr. Shabazz to discuss his involvement in the New Black Panther Party.Mr. Majority rules. Establishing a respectful relationship with constituents giving them adequate time and opportunities to be involved in local government; Making property taxes low and restoring Saugerties rating from. I have questioned elected and political officials and considered plausible connections indicating behind-the-scene deals. At the secondary level, they are looking to add a language teacher, a teaching assistant with a focus on special education and two full-time teachers with a focus on business and technology. Some files and features on this site require Adobe Reader or Adobe Flash Player to view. I feel that if you are looking for a representative that truly has no other interest in being our Town Councilman other than working for the good of his community, Mike Ivino is our choice.Stan ODellSaugertiesFive Great Reasons to Vote for Mike Ivino for Saugerties Town Council1- Mike is not only a lifelong resident of Saugerties, he also wants to retire in Saugerties. Recent news articles mentioning an overworked understaffed police force attributed to some incident in Catskill but somehow has origins in Saugerties is an example of using fear to justify the. Devoted to citizens and causes, his sights are set on a bright future for the Town of Saugerties. I wish March Gallagher well in her future career, as long as it is not Ulster County Comptroller. Im Paul Andreassen, Saugerties Town Councilman, and Im running for Town Supervisor. I have known Mary for over 20 years. Paul knows more about environmental laws than most anyone on the Board, having worked first-hand as the Town's Code Enforcement Officer for ten-years handling hundreds of cases dealing with floodplain management, wetlands, steep slope construction, etc.