The company has a domestic and international presence in both retail and wholesale markets.. Did you obtain it yourself or did you buy it from someone? I'd recommend considering joining the RACC group on Facebook. Living room - LG55OLEDC7, Sonos Arc, sub and 2 x One SL, HD Fury Arcana, Apple TV 4K, Zappiti 4K HDR. These are UNAUTHORIZED RESTRIKES!! It's a fake. There are plenty of others that are not listed here. 15% restocking fees apply on change of mind returns. Whether it was the good or bad kind of special remained still to be seen. I hope this basic guide has served as a good overview on how to operate within a great hobby. The FBI, which gave all these images to me when I was doing research for my book, Operation Bullpen: The Inside Story of the Biggest Forgery Scam in American History, confiscated it before it could reach the marketplace. Any Alternatives? But nope! Its a fake. Of all the commonly sold autographed items on the market, cast autographed movie posters are the most likely to be fake entertainment autographs. These are very easy for the bootleggers to reproduce because of their small size. What are your posters worth? On page 289 of this book, it goes into detail describing exactly what is said below. Dont click on those slick Ads! Go to the memorabilia communities that you should be a part of by now and ask other collectors what their feelings toward a specific dealer may be. The style A bootleg will have a small hair on Lukes belt, the style B bootleg will be missing the GAU logo, and the Style C bootleg will have a small hair on Leias back. One of the unfortunate truths of collecting is that even unique curiosities can be fakes. Consumers love to do business with someone that can admit mistakes and state how they made improvements. They are posters that were printed (usually from the original plates) well after the films release. Unfortunately, we dont ship to Africa, South America or Germany. Who wouldn't want a cast autographed poster of their favorite movie? Buying memorabilia on a whim is likely to result in disappointment once the item is discovered to be fake. These are of exceptional quality and come from Europe. The Operation Bullpen gang who ripped consumers off for $100 million in the 1990s and did so much to wreck public confidence in the collecting hobby focused mainly on sports forgeries. Their excellent service! Total fake - printed on old shirt to appear original from the concert but the dead giveaway is that the Beatles played Shea Stadium on August 23 in 1966- not 1965- so fake, fake fake! The truth is that some unscrupulous dealers from Rochester N.Y. and Oklahoma got together some years ago and illegally printed thousands of them. Is Poster Memorabilia the real deal? Gosh Yes - Movie Blvd An original cardboard poster in near-mint condition sold on Heritage for $32,000, he said, while a reproduction of the same poster would only go for $50 to $100. After Armstrongs death in August last year, photos with his bogus signature appeared on eBay and elsewhere seeking to exploit the publics affection for this true American hero. Posters are available in every price range and style and we never sell reproductions. And only some of the actors will take the trouble to walk over and sign on the red carpet. Authenticity Provided By : Seller: Collectible Type : original: Grade Rating : Excellent: Style : Personality: Entertainment Franchise : Twenty One Pilots The image is so clear that Julia Roberts smile can almost blind you. Samsung Q90R 65, Panasonic dpub820 UHD player , Sony STRDN1080 Amp . So is PosterMemorabilia.com fake or autopen? AUTHENTIC POSTERS DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR, FREE. Id imagine if these were fake, the moment I got my poster, theyd just shut up. At Poster Memorabilia, we are dedicated to providing our customers with a seamless and convenient payment experience. I've found many sites to buy memorabilia from, but prices vary greatly and I'm not sure which sites to trust. Give them a forgery (or two) (with COA) from the ever-busy I got the poster from this site called Poster Memorabilia. The box kept everything secure and was sealed enough to protect my treasure inside. These bootlegs are now about 20 years old! 3 Followers Mike Kaminski is the founder of the Authentic Memorabilia Company, one of Canada's largest dealers of authentic sports, entertainment and historical memorabilia Follow More from. People are sick and tired of getting ripped off by shady dealers! AVENGERS: ENDGAME Giveaway - Enter For Your Chance To Win A - CBM Definitely NOT. Every major professional movie poster dealer and knowledgeable long time collector knows that there are FAKE movie posters all over Ebay. For example, on the autograph side of the memorabilia industry, fraudsters will typically forge autographs on things such index cards, photos and cards. Some of these bootlegs have been around SINCE THE LATE 1980S..FOR OVER 20 YEARS! 95% Of Cast Autographed Movie Posters Are Fake How Forgers Make Cash from Fake Celebrity Photos and Movie Posters I searched online and found a blog that said they were reprints or autopen. It is read more, Tons of fakes exist for the Style A, B, and C one sheets. Feb 18, 2023. Because of this, you will need to employ the previously mentioned indicators to help put together an opinion on authenticity. Unfortunately, some of these items did feature fake signatures, but the silver lining to this is that others can use these examples to help sniff out the phony autographs out there. You can tell from the paper and print if they are original and also most poster up until the mid 90s were always sent out folded. Look for these red flags before submitting any personal information or payments: Guaranteed Authentic Autographed Posters. Their ebay feedback is great because buyers do not know they have been ripped off (until it is too late). All business will get complaints. Movie posters are another attractive item for both collectors and forgers. wanna bet those are fakes? They did not. Your Name (required) Your Email (required), Click here to Take 15% OFF Your Next Order! Get it Dec 22 - 27 Once involved and active in the communities, you will begin learning indicators on how to avoid fraud in the memorabilia industry. In addition to the recommended practices outlined in the previous seller types, the best course of action to take when working with dealers is to do a deep dive on their history and reputation. Beatles Poster Ringo Star High School Reunion The Fab Four Music Photography Beatles thermometer - never existed until the 70s. This means that if you ever decide to sell your poster, it may fetch a higher price if it has been certified. Poster Memorabilia - Authentic Autographed Movie, TV and Music Posters Bogus Celebrity Advertisements FACE & Skin CREAM Ripoff! Determining sourcing for authentic memorabilia is typically not this easy, especially when it comes to dealing with more obscure items. I had to put up with waiting for it for around two-and-a-half weeks until I got it. Everything matched and was legit. All acid free materials should be read more, Linen backing can dramatically improve the overall appearance of a poster and it can substantially increase its value. Zappiti 4K Rip NAS - Any good? I also recently bought a US one sheet for Last Night in Soho from an eBay seller, so you can still get bargains there. Ill give them 4.5 stars. its the exact same one I saw that was hung on the theatre walls during all three times that I saw the film. Although there are deals to be found for the experienced collector and the lucky few, a low price typically correlates with questionable authenticity. Poster Memorabiliadoesnt play! Yass queens! I looked over them with a fine tooth comb to see if they were inconsistent to real samples, or if they looked shaky as you would find with an autopen ink plotter machine. I wasnt sure at the beginning if they they were fake, or simply autopen so I ordered their latest Avengers: Endgame poster and heres what I uncovered. AVForums.com is owned and operated by M2N Limited, The signatures here are all counterfeits produced by the Operation Bullpen crew, which, like all forgers, liked to work with photographs because they can easily reproduce and print them in tremendous quantities. Even though it costs a shit ton of money, I bought it anyway. A Michael Jordan fan, for instance, can collect dozens of different products if he chooses, everything from basketballs, jerseys and sneakers to golf balls, cereal boxes, figurines and more. Our commitment to authenticity and quality sets us apart in the world of autographed memorabilia, and we are dedicated to upholding the highest standards of service and professionalism. Because when you buy one of our posters, you're not only getting a piece of movie and music history, you're getting a one of a kind investment, unparalleled customer service, fast shipping and a certified authentic autographed poster that will increase in value over time. But still, one could imagine a collector paying a high price for it if given the chance to bid on it. www.mym3media.com, Linen Backing: A Method of Poster Conservation. I was kinda nervous that it might be a reprint but it also has a slightly faded quality to it that I know its from the 90s! The objective of this guide is to do just that, with the hope that the memorabilia buying experience improves for all buyers and fraud in the industry begins to disappear. A very early Elvis Presley advertising flyer for four concerts in Ohio when "Heartbreak Hotel" was the #1 single and Elvis Presley the #1 album in the country. Company website run by crooks outside USA pretending to be in USA to get USA money taking your hard-earned dollars funneling it to the country of Peru, Better Business Bureau of South Florida BBB of South Florida Andre Amaro and the BBB of South Florida are harassing me and my small business! But rather than buy that one, he went on the Internet and snapped up a different cast-signed poster that sold for less than the one at the shop. They sell posters of all types of movies, from like the mega-popular MCU and Harry Potter films to even oldies like "The Godfather" and "Rocky" and stuff like that. As we said above, many of the fakes come from Rochester N.Y. and from Oklahoma. They are also documented in the new 2005 Star Wars Poster Book. Ive seen my fair share of autographs from them, both from my friends who are also superfans of the duo to online research. And Richard Gere? Well I ordered the posters, the guy Dainel, said, your gonna love these posters when you get them. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - Poster Memorabilia Yes, these items can be found in your local poster shop! They were real, and their prices were good. So I recently bought the movie poster for . Its my prize possession! Thats Neil Armstrong on the moon, but thats not his authentic signature. Another indicator to look for are the characteristics of an item. I think I like, All the wait was worth it with Dirty Dancing. Ive bought a poster from PM myself and I agree with everything youve said! I searched online and found a blog that said they were reprints or autopen. However I'm trying to deck out my basement with my favorite movie posters signed by cast and directors. PSA is the world's leading third-party authentication service for autographs and memorabilia. Question - Original Authentic Movie Posters | AVForums Would I buy from them again? There ARE bootlegs of Star Wars posters! |. A collector might have thought that since the piece was so unusual, it made sense in some curious way that Scorsese, Robert DeNiro, and the other stars of the movie might have all signed the script, too. Just looking at the picture brings me so much nostalgia! We cant say here (and please dont email us asking who they are). They normally sell these fakes for about $100.00. These signatures, all fake, are of the actors who played roles in Star Wars.. and as time goes by they are going to look more and more real and fool more and more people. Autographed posters are a great investment opportunity for those looking to make money in the future. For example, you may be interested in a Big Bang Theory cast signed poster and see one available from a seller with a few TV show items listed. The poster has their autographs on it! There are also fake minty white 14x36 insert movie posters for Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi (see below). We do our best to provide as many options as possible to have as many customers as possible. These fakes were first documented in The Tomarts Price Guide to Worldwide Star Wars Collectibles..back in 1997!!! Of course I would. They even have a wide range, from classics going back as far as the 1970sthink "The Godfather" and "Taxi Driver"to today's epic superhero movies. THIS INFORMATION CAN ALSO BE FOUND IN THE NEW STAR WARS POSTER BOOK PUBLISHED IN 2005 BY LUCASFILM. They posted photos of a licensed and genuine replica Reebok Premier San Jose Sharks Joe Pavelski jersey purchased at the Sharks Store next to the "authentic" Premier jersey just bought from SportsMemorabilia.com. There are also some other differences between the fake and original (this info. i have the orginal HEAT poster, with the passing trains, i find frames hard to comeby for the proper posters. There are many fake movie posters flooding the market these days. As bureaucratic as it may sound, the memorabilia hobby should be viewed first and foremost as an industry with members whose primary goal is profit making. So where are the actors and actresses when a movie's posters are first released? In summary, buying certified authentic posters can provide you with the assurance that the item is genuine, hold more value and also a valuable addition to any collection. All rights reserved. If you buy one and compare it side by side with a known original, you will have no doubt it is not real. Buyers of cast-signed posters such as this one of The Godfather apparently believe that the stars of the movie came together as a group to autograph it. They are from very popular movies (the good titles, the ones everyone wants). ..and besides, according to Hailey P. "This poster is amazeballs!! The second photo is from the other side of the country. Also be wary of rolled or lightly folded full size 27x41 Scarface (regular style U.S.) one sheets. BEWARE OF FAKE MOVIE POSTERS!! - AAA Vintage Posters Its something I always wanted but didnt want scammed. Over time, you will develop knowledge on what characteristics to seek in an item to determine its authenticity. The most rare line up you would find, also have Batman Returns and Batman Forever as well as a sets like this one. Please note that your chosen frames have to be proportionate to the posters, as wrongly-fitting frames can also damage and decrease the worth of your memorabilia. Ripoff Report | Memorabilia Autographs Review - Internet imo $400 is even too low for a signed poster! We also used Adobe Illustrator to create stylish badge logo. There are roughly a few dozen popular titles from the 70s and early 80s that have fake bootleg inserts. While it exhibits minor wear, the condition is excellent. Copyright 2000-2023 M2N Limited E. & O.E. They have an endless supply of these reproductions. The Goodfellas script pictured here is also being shown for the first time. You first analyze the signatures and the item itself, feeling comfortable so far with what you see. The Casual/Collector seller is not a full-time seller, but is likely looking to move something out of their collection to obtain funds for something else or they are looking to get out of the hobby entirely. Some are accessible, some are not, but even there, some or even most of the cast may attend. And yet many otherwise sophisticated people, apparently letting the wide-eyed child in them overwhelm their capacity for rational thought, indulge in this goofiness all the time, all the while padding the bank accounts of the forgers and their duplicitous accomplices. They are autographed. Once I saw it, I knew I just had to have it. We have shipped thousands of items and have never had a poster damaged during transit. Description. Please note, we won't share or sell your email. NEVER use glass! Tupac Posters 2Pac Poster Tupac Praying Poster 90s Hip Hop Rapper The actors are on to their next project or filming their TV show or relaxing at home. BUYER BEWARE! Fanatics Is Selling Counterfeit Sports Memorabilia! Amazing! We Ship FREE Worldwide. The idea that Quentin Tarantino, John Travolta, Bruce Willis, Sam Jackson and Uma Thurman or the cast of any major movie (or for that matter, the Beatles) would be sitting around together signing photos and posters and that these posters would be on sale, for cheap, on the Internet is simply goofy. They measure a full 27x41 but most you will find are restrikes. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. Corporate Advocacy Program - Verified Status, How To Get Your Report Featured On All Report Pages. For the other articles in this series, click on the links below: Operation Bullpen, and Why Forgers Dont Always Hit the Sweet Spot How To Trick People and Get Away With It: The Art and Craft of the Forger The 98 Home Run Chase: A Perfect Storm for Counterfeiters Forging the Big Three: DiMaggio, Mantle, Williams Whats So Crazy About a Mother Teresa Baseball Anyhow? More than just the quality of the poster, their service was also good. Some of the titles include Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Jaws, Taxi Driver, The Godfather, Raiders of the Lost Ark, A Clockwork Orange, Alien, Star Trek, Blade Runner, Scarface, etc.. Minty White Counterfeit 11x14 Lobby Card Sets. Beware of Raiders of the Lost Ark one sheets that measure 27x40 and not a full 27x41. Yep, Im talking about Daft Punk. Were never sure when our packages will get to us. It does NOT look new anymore!! We offer a shopping and customer service experience like no other. CEWOR 14 Pack 98 Feet Fake Ivy Leaves . These bootlegs are of exceptional quality, and to the untrained eye can easily appear authentic. I researched what the actors autographs look like online and they match pretty well with what I see on the poster. They are NOT ORIGINAL MOVIE POSTERS and have little if any value. Our prices do not include VAT, neither are we responsible for the payment of VAT. It cost a ton of money, but I didnt expect anything less from such a rare treasure! This website uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb. Who's crazy enough to start this website? Sign up to receive periodic exclusive offers only available to subscribers. Amazing! As a collector of records and music-related memorabilia, anything autographed is considered gold. Most fraudsters will choose to put out items that have the least cost of initial investment to them. Tell us has your experience with this business or person been good? Beware of Friday the 13th one sheets that measure 27x40 and not a full 27x41. Kevin Nelson is the author of Operation Bullpen: The Inside Story of the Biggest Forgery Scam in American History. Thanks to that, I was able to ensure I was home when the time came. Now there is that old saying "If someone sounds too good to be true, it probably is". Overview neautograph.com has a consumer rating of 1.62 stars from 29 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. - Cinema Poster Gallery. Well, I think they are! Ripoff Report | Complaints Reviews Scams Lawsuits Frauds Reported. postermemorabilia.com/ Selling FAKE cast signed posters with fake COA's BEWARE!!! Drug Rehab Deception Addiction Treatment Industry Rocked By Fraud & Abuse. Oh, and they sent it via UPS and a cute delivery guy handed it to me so thats an added bonus! For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. As a result, I highly recommend that when wanting to become more involved in the hobby, all collectors join communities that focus on items that appeal to them. How is this even effin possible? Beginning July 1, 2021, VAT will be charged on all commercial goods imported into the EU, regardless of value. 100% Yes, Is PosterMemorabilia.com Legit? Europe's busiest forums, with independent news and expert reviews, for TVs, Home Cinema, Hi-Fi, Movies, Gaming, Tech and more. Sometimes they were authorized by the studio, sometimes they werent. Forged Cuts: How Crooks Spun Pieces of Paper into Gold. can be found elsewhere). Ive memorized every stroke of their autographs and Im confident this is legit!