Went to get water. But its always a good idea to get return tickets each morning, that way you wont have to queue up at Monza station with everyone else at the end of the day. hi we are coming to monza this year and driving from the uk. Im coming from Bergamo This is my first F1 Race, I will travel by car from Saronno , with ticket booked in 26B grandstand. I dont recommend booking flights so early after the grand prix, but you still should be fine. Is it easy to get hold of a taxi around the ciruit? It seems they dont sell them yet, but I am not sure. I would like to give you a feedback of my experience of Monza 2022 regarding transportation which could be useful for the following years. After you get off the shuttle, youll still have a 30-40 minute walk to your grandstand. Very disappointing, hopefully the organizers make some big improvements for 2023, but Im not holding my breath. We have a rental car. Especially after the race when you could walk from the opened race track. I have seen it is advised to buy a return ticket at the start of the day to avoid needing to queue at Monza on the way back. Ive recommended a few spots in our Tickets guide. Hi Nathaniel, I recommend you wander the circuit to find the best areas on Saturday to decide on the spot you like best for the race. I left my grandstand straight after the end of the F2 sprint race, exited from Lesmo, and decided to go to Arcore after having a look at the queue from Biassono-Lesmo station, and followed the GPS. Autodromo Nazionale Monza T his historic speed temple is one of the worlds great and fastests circuits. Where ever you enter the circuit you will have a long walk and mine from D (lesmo) to Grandstand 6C (1st Chicane)was about 30 minutes mainly tarmac paths although muddy from the rain on Saturday. I actually rented a bike inside the circuit a few years ago (from Hostel Costa Alta, near the first turn). If we get the Milan travel card can we use it all weekend to get to and from the circuit? It really is better/easier to take the train or bus to get to the circuit. we are 6 guys attending the race..:) we will arrive in Maipensa and departure from Bergamno. After F2 qualifying at 7pm on Friday, I rushed to the Lesmo exit to get onto the 7.09pm train from Biassono-Lesmo station, only to find out that I wasnt the only one to have had the same idea, and due to crowd control, I wasnt allowed onto the platform. The train from Milan Central Railway station to the Monza Station (Stazione di Monza) takes just 15 minutes. I shall assume that a taxi from the station to the park in Monza is overly expensive and the public bus option would be better. Hi and thank you for the excellent info you are providing. First you need to go from Monza to Centrale, the Central Station. This is some great information thank you so much! Not clear from the map if this route is indeed pedestrianised but given It is a park i suspect it is. Click here for more info on wheelchair/disabled access at Monza. What do you think is the best route in? Well be there again this year. Otherwise, the Lesmo bends are all General Admission. They tell me that the tickets will not be sent to my home address in Melbourne before we leave to head to Italy (18 August).? Tickets cost as little as 3, and the train takes around 15 minutes. Seems to be a train direct from Como then hoping for shuttle buses. Also we are travelling from Milan, will take the train so any advice would be awesome. We reached the gate in just over 15 mins. Thanks so much Jerome, Ill be updating the post with this information! The on-track schedule is in the Trackside post. Any help on how to get to the gates A-B-F for thursday? There was a big crowd waiting but there were plenty of buses running and the queues went down very quickly. Here are some popular domestic routes with the approximate journey time via high-speed train: Rome-Milan (3 hours), Florence-Milan (2 hours) and Venice-Milan (2 hours 25 minutes). Monza train station is the most popular, and is approximately 5km from the circuit. Id be taking the train from Milan Central to Monza Station, then the Black Shuttle bus. Second, well be staying in Milan for the race this week and likely be heading to the circuit via a combo of train / bus / shuttle. Monaco Monte Carlo train station is located in the heart of Monaco, at Pont Sainte-Devote. Hi Vykye, I was lucky enough to take the F1 Experiences paddock tour at the recent Malaysia GP. helps you find the best way to get to F1-circuit monza with step-by-step directions from the nearest public transit station. We stay in Mercallo in Varese . Its very helpful in planning out a trip to a F1 race! Will travel by car from Bergamo, with ticket booked in 26C grandstand. We are coming to Monza for the first time and mixing with a holiday at Como. I was looking at the Z221 option, but when I Googled the route, it seems to split the route in Monza town centre, is this right? From Friday-Sunday, the black shuttle will be best one to take for your grandstand. Other days should be fine. Do you know what approximate time the last black line shuttle is on Saturday? Are there any shops in monza for shopping? Hello, your best bet on Thursday is to take the local bus (Z221) and stay on after Monza railway station. You can insert via DellOlmo Biassono i.e. Autodromo Nazionale Monza is placed within Monza Park which belongs to the cities of Monza and Milan. It was only a 4 carriage train. Andrew The rain sucked big time and after we walked the fun center, decided to catch the buses back to the train. It helped us really this weekend when we visited Monza this weekend. thanks for the info Jerome, I will update the post soon. If we take Biassono-Lesmo station will we be fine? I m looking tickets to 2018 race from 8b or 6a grandstand. Hello Dror. Do you know if there is any specific bike parking areas close to the circuit? Hi Mike, You are only allowed to take small plastic bottles of drink in, but the lid will be taken away from you. You cannot buy in advance, only on the day. We are staying near to Milan Centrale station and have tickets for Parabolica. Then get the Black shuttle bus from the train station to the circuit. Next time, Im renting a car. I understand you catch the train to Monza but which would be the best shuttle bus to get to that part of the circuit.Thanks for your help. I only did the Monza/shuttle method, which I can recommend. Thank for all the info on this site. Hello You dont need a ticket for such a small baby. We have tickets for 21d laterale parabolica D . Nothing else is scheduled for Thursday, sorry. }; This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. The bus station address is Monza FS - Castello/Turati, 20900 Monza MB, Italy. I do think you can get in via Gate G. Most other gates should also be open to GA ticket holders. We only managed to get general admission tickets in the end, so where do you think is a good place to be based to 1) still see some good action but 2) be mindful of being able to get in and out of the track as seamlessly and possibly quickly as we can. Most of foreign visitors get fined 36.50 euro per person when using metro pass including myself and a friend because this stop is outside of Milan metro system. History [ edit] The station was officially opened on 17 August 1840, as the terminus of the Milan-Monza railway, which was the first railway built in Lombardy and the second in Italy, after the Naples-Portici railway. The approach to Parabolica is good, inside the circuit. As a first time visitor, I cant help be sense Italy is struggling with its economy, so when you walk up from train platform, there are about 15-20 metro police waiting to check your to metro. Hi Andrew, thanks for all the info! I have a question about taxi to Bergamo airport after the race. We then caught the black shuttle to the track for 5 return, each. So, maybe is better to take the other trains heading to Monza. Try and get there earlier on Sunday though. You have a special train ticket you can buy for 13 EUR return more info here. Thanks. It's called Monza Circuit, but the two main gates, are not in Monza. Is this the best course of action, and which entrance should I use in these cases, respectively? Gate A or G are probably easiest, followed by a 20-30 minute walk. Since I was in that area of the track, and I didnt want to repeat the mistake of taking the train from Biassono-Lesmo again, I started to think about alternative options. i have a train from Genoa to Monza, how easy it it to get from Monza train station to the circuit? If someone need some hint/suggestions on transportations or pickup arrangments by car, feel free to contact me. I dont have specific recommendations for private transfers, but if you do select a good company Im sure they will have a plan for getting picked up after the race. I know the track is open for bikes on mon and wed butI am talking about race day. We arent in a hurry on the day, but conscious of limiting the amount of walking for our particular group of 4. More information here. What is the best way to travel by train ? Which train should we take and where to get out. I think we are going by train from Milano to Monza and take the black shuttle bus. Thanks, I am going to Monza for the first time.planning to travel by car from Como. And if you bought from some other ticket company (like F1.com), I think the entrance where you collect your tickets is Vedano, which is close to Mirabello, but the main circuit entrance with entry sign etc. Can you pre book the black line shuttle bus or do you just purchase those on the spot? The trains run regularly and seem to be on time. From my research, I think I want to watch qualifying etc. The race itself takes place at Monza Park, around 16km (10 miles) north of Milans city center. Would love to get a seat on a bleacher somewhere but dont know which spots have bleachers and which have just grass? To Monza and shuttle bus, or too Biassano and walk to prima variante. Of course, this will be affected/determined by Ferrari Q performance on Saturday. we are staying in Saronno and sitting at ascari which is the best public transportation to take? Another option would be a taxi to the north of Milan, to Sesto San Giovanni, followed by the 221 bus to Monza. Just a little confused how it works. Hello, does anyone know if we are able to take bikes into the monza circuit on race day? Im stopping in Mezzegra next to lake Como and will be attending the Italian grand prix for the first time. I was in grandstand 8 that year. We will arrive thursday and we want to go to the race on saturday and sunday. It was a beautiful day, a good walk to burn off last nights dinner. Thanks for the whole F1 Destinations website, it truly is incredible when trying to plan going to an f1 race. Queued for a drink oh you need tokens queued 25mins for tokens. Are these time estimates off or is taking the black shuttle really saving about 10 minutes or so of walking (again not including wait time to get on the shuttle)? And finally Trenord offers for the Monza GP an extraordinary train service for 5 euros on Sunday only. Like many staying in Bergamo and whilst the Monza / Station Shuttle seems to be popular looking at getting off the train at Arcore Station and then walking (maybe Taxi) to Gate F (next to San Giorgio I believe). Probably yes. Vedano entrance is quite close to the parabolica. Hi We have paddock club passes and dont want to get all sweaty getting to track. What time is your flight? If you are travelling from further afield in Lombardy (outside of Milan), special tickets are also available for 2022. Hi, this Destination Guide is fantastic! Ordered our tickets way back and found out today that they wont ship in time, so we are stuck having to pick them up there. Do you know how to pre-book car park ticket/get the bus information? Is the bus stop right at the train station.. Is this the best route for us. (Maybe entrance D?) Any tips for us for easiest way to get to monza on sunday(we have tickets for all 3 days but we will spend some time in Milano) and which gate is closest to our seats? You may be better off taking the local 221 bus that will drop you closer to your grandstand (Gate B or C). My first trip to Monza was on this season, and information I found on this site was very helpful. Hi Oliver, thanks for the compliment. Hi Derek, thanks for the compliments! :). Also what is the skybridge / walking situation for getting to the inside part of the track and back to the other side? I stayed on Milano, so every day I took the train from Milan Central Train Station, heading to Lecco, Tirano or Chiasso. Good luck with the drive and have a great weekend in Monza. Buy a ticket from the driver, about 2 EUR I guess. please some advice for beginners. More info on our Accommodation page for Italy. On Friday I arrived at around 9am at Porta Garibaldi train station, and the planned strike started right on time. Great website, many thanks for all the usefull information. There is also a special return ticket valid from all stations in Lombardy to Monza or Biassono-Lesmo for 13 euros per day (only worthy if travelling from quite far away, since standard return from Milan to Monza is only 4.8 euros). Grandstand 6c is a good choice! I wouldnt be driving to Monza and trying to park on race day. I will update this page very soon with 2017 info! Lots of support races are happening on Sunday morning if you want to watch those. Quick question, or more of a recommendation. We have seen step ladders, cool boxes full of beer & wine, chairs, BBQs AND in 2013 AN ACTUAL SOFA being brought in AND 6 children sitting on the circuit wall at Curva Grande. I used this web site to research my first trip to Monza this last weekend, thank you for all the helpful information. staying at Hotel degli Arcimboldi , have general admission tickets for all weekend, thank for any tips. There is no information on the official website yet. Would this make sense for track sections 21D or 8B? Sign me off as the Happy Yank coming across the pond soon. Do not leave any items of value in your car when parking near Monza, as thieves do target vehicles on Grand Prix weekend. Do I just print the tickets with the QR code and scan them somewhere when boarding the train/bus, or do I need to collect actual tickets at the station? Monza Train Station | The F1 Spectator From here there are a number of ways to continue to the circuit which are listed below. Hi, i will arrive at the Milan AirPort (MPX) at 09:45. Click here for more information; its from 2016, but it should be very similar this year. After the race, I joined the track invasion from parabolica, and walked on the track through the main straight until the Lesmo exit again. Copyright 2023 F1Destinations.com | All rights reserved, Reserve accommodation for the 2023 Italian Grand Prix on September 1-3. Yes, if the General Admission tickets are not yet sold out. Are we okay to get the train from Como to Monza, or are there better options? There are regular trains from Como San Giovanni to Monza, some taking as little as 30 mins. This can have a knock on effect to the bus service/trains etc ex Monza on the Sunday. I am first time travelling to Milano and Monza this weekend. As for the best entrance, you can check the circuit map here. Also inside the Parabolica is good, with lots of small grandstand structures. Hi Great info. I am thinking of going to the race, I would land at 12h30 at Linate and race starts at 15h00. Sander, Yes for sure you will make it, provided your flight is on time. We stayed in Lecco and caught the train to Monza for 4 per person each way. The closest entrance is Sta Maria d Selve but the black shuttle bus stops further east. Please give me some advice. We are planning to stay in Como, is it easy enough to get a train from there on race day. 2) in Vedano al Lambro, about the same walking distance to arrive at your 26C, but less people are parking there. http://www.monzanet.it/en/formula1/3125/F1%20minisito%202012_Centri%20accrediti%20en, http://www.monzanet.it/get/3029/2239/mappa%20completa%20+%20legenda%20parcheggi%20+%20tribune%202014.pdf, https://f1destinations.com/trackside-italian-f1-grand-prix/, https://f1destinations.com/where-to-meet-f1-stars-monza-italian-grand-prix/, http://monzabrianza.autoguidovie.it/it/l/orario-monza-brianza/index, join our group for fans going to the race. Driving is another option, though be aware that the local streets around Monza are closed to general traffic on race weekend, and youll be directed to one of the many car parks around the outside of Monza park. Will i be able to take my son in with us? Thx. Best gate for grandstand 21A would be Gate G see the map here. What about ATM Machines at the Track, are there any or do we have to bring cash? I`ve never been to an F1 race before and would like to make the most of it even though sitting in the greens. We are planing to be there early, do you think 9am is too late? Well back at the apartment now in Milan and had some time to reflect on this weekend. Thank you again. we have seats a 8a Esterna Prima VariantaA I really thought the offer would be valid for all three days. Planning to travel by train from Milano Centrale. Great info. When we reached Monza we had a one hour and 45 minute walk to our seats in grandstand 8 due to the amount of people, bottlenecks, security checks, bag searches, ticket scanning and general disorganization. Regular train services connect Monza to the centre of Milan, as well as nearby cities like Bergamo. Do you know where that ticket office would be and what time they might open on Sunday? Id probably drive on Friday and maybe Saturday, then take the train on Sunday when theres more people/traffic. I will be updating this post soon but this could be a good option for your seats. The event has lost EVERYTHING that made it Monza. We are sitting at 8A First Variante. Thank you! We will visit the race on Sunday and stay in Bergamo. Feel free to contact me for suggestions / help (a.ste@me.com), Great website really helpful. If you dont hang around too long after the race, it may be quicker to get back into the city, then you will have no problems with traffic (in theory). Best to take the train to Monza station on Sunday, it will be less walking (if you take the Black shuttle) than Lesmo. Hi Craig, please contact Gootickets. Hi, we are traveling to Monza next weekend. The Monza circuit is one of the oldest F1 circuits. The best way to get to the circuit is by train, from both Milan and nearby cities such as Bergamo. Milan has an efficient Metro system. After that, its a 15-20 minute walk to the inside of Parabolica underpass from Gate A or overpass from Gate G. Good luck and enjoy the Temple of Speed! Great website and travel info. tl;dr strange rules ie no power banks / incredible lack of availability to water / tokens in exchange for money, Thanks to this site for all previous advice :), Thanks for your review Adam. Do you have any advice? All the information you need is in the content. It was very easy, almost follow a straight line, with walk on pavement or cycle/pedestrian path, except a small portion on a one way road at the beginning, but which didnt feel unsafe. Cheers, Which is the best option in your opinion? Find station information, search timetables and book tickets to and from Monza. Seemed like over 30 minute walk, more like 40 maybe. Will you not enjoy the race because you are stressing about missing your flight? Andrew. You will get dropped off around 20 minutes walk from the eastern Vedano entrance gate to the circuit, close to the Parabolica. The timetable is available on the website, journey duration for outward journey 23 minutes, trains leaving every half an hour from 7.30am until 1pm. The pit wall was from 4-6 pm, but police started to asked people to leave around 5:30( I was standing in front of Ferrari team, Kimi Raikkonens pit). Hi Paul. The grandfather is a huge fan of F1 and this was his birthday present. Yes that's correct, from Monza train station there are shuttle buses (the black line) running between the station and Monza park. Then walked further to get the ticket scanned, this was behind the main grandstand. So far I find getting all infos complicated, italian websites and mobile apps do not seem to work in english. Yes, you do have some solutions from Como to Monza, not all over the day direct trains but at least you dont have to arrive until Milan. I really couldnt comment on your bicycle plan. Theres plenty of signs. Way too early for our flight at 19:15. What a great website for info! Wondering how to get to the circuit on Thursday? I have tickets to the Ascari stand and was wondering if I can enter any of the entrances to get there? We are considering staying in Varenna instead of Milan for the duration of the race. Our seats are in Stand 8A looking forward to the race start! And do you have any tips? I guess they run a bit later on Sunday, but probably not much beyond 7pm. Has it been confirmed that the Black Line shuttle buses are definitley running this year? And avoiding the Black shuttle on race day is probably going to save you time and hassle, as it will be very popular/crowded. Where to park the car? Is this too early? Do you think Monza train station is the best way to travel to for us? Darren. Click here to download the Monza map Gates A, G & F: on the eastern side of the circuit, closest to Parabolica. I am coming from an international flight at 10 am race day and i need to check in at hotel, will i still have time to reach the circuit? Hi Chris, take the train from Milan to Monza, as per instructions on this page. Thanks. I am going to race with General Admission tickets for all three days. Im considering buying tickets for 6B or 8A for Fri-Sun. Thanks. You can park in Vedano al Lambro, between via Montegrappa or via Grandi, there are some parks available (arrive early to avoid traffic and to find spots for the car). Hi Sue, you need the black shuttle bus from the Monza train station to get to Parabolica. More info here: http://www.monzanet.it/en/formula1/3125/F1%20minisito%202012_Centri%20accrediti%20en Heres the map you need: http://www.monzanet.it/get/3029/2239/mappa%20completa%20+%20legenda%20parcheggi%20+%20tribune%202014.pdf. So its a bit chaotic when you get to the station. The 70-100 Euros for the weekend near Biassono seem like much less hassle than going by public transport, even If we will be coming from the direction of Como. Only going on Sunday. On Saturday we would prefer to take train to the circuit. Thanks! I cant wait to go back to Monza this year! Whilst express trains to Biassono-Lesmo only run on race day, regular trains do run hourly on line S7 between Milano Porta Garibaldi and Lecco stopping at Biassono-Lesmo on all days. Races have been organised on this circuit since 1922. However, once in the grandstand they will sell you a bottle of drink with a lid for a small fortune. I live in Vedano, and I know very well the surrondings of Monza GP (and how to avoid traffics and closed roads to move faster). They arent so well organized in Italy! It was a very good option, considering I had tickets on Parabolica. Yes, trains do stop at Sesto San Giovanni en route from Milan Centrale to Monza. All other days, you need to park your motorbike in one of the parking areas outside the park. Massive, but generally moving queues. You should be able to see some of the action at the second chicane in GA, but it was a few years ago I was last there. Wish we had done that for the race, we could have spent some time in Monza. We are hearing rumours of a potential train dispute on 9/10th Sept. What are your thoughts or information in respect of the points raised. Is there a direct conection between the airport and the circuit on sunday (Race day)? Hi, many thanks for the great tips. Local buses also go past Monza park. We parked in a side street close to the bike rental Noleggio bici Cascina Bastia in Via Cavriga and rented 4 bikes (3euro/hour for hours 1-4, 1.5euro/hour after that). my suggestion is to use the car, you are very far from the circuit, and with bus/train can be a nightmare (3 different trains to change). Thanks. Also I can see on Sunday it may be better to go to Lesmo station from Milan but can you come back to Milan from here and would it be less busy? Definitely the experience in General Admission has declined rapidly in recent years with the higher attendance. This was already worth the effort. Same advice I gave to Harry in my last reply for the best parking. Apparently Uber is not such a good option in Milan, so I recommend you go with taxis (from airport etc) and then public transport (or taxis again!) We will be taking the train from Milan. Better to book ticket now and get there earlier on race day! We are staying in Limbiate Fiera. You can buy a 10 return ticket for travel from any station in Milan to Monza Station on race weekend that also includes a return ticket for the Black Shuttle. I want to be right on the finish line to be able to go onto the track first for the celebration! That being the case, be aware that a lot of folk actually travel out to the circuit without tickets. Thanks for the information, by the way, very helpful! Black shuttles are free or you have to buy tickets? The outbound leaves Milan at 17 past the hour for a 32 minute journey, and the return towards Milan leaves Biassono-Lesmo at 9 past the hour. What is the Best option departuring from the AirPort? You can try CampingF1, they have a campsite thats around 30 minutes walk from the Lesmo entrance of the circuit. Heres the map with the gates and also the drop off point for the shuttle. Im planning for 2022. Hi, thanks for the quick reply. You wont be able to drive on roads close to the circuit itself on race weekend due to traffic restrictions, but there are plenty of parking areas dotted around Monza park. The Trenord Day pass is valid for travel from all stations in Lombardy to Monza Station (and Biassono-Lesmo station on race day) and costs 13 EUR return per day. As for the drinks in the paddock club; you normally get around 1.5 to 2 hours there with as much food and drink as you can handle, plus cool simulators to try out and you also get to meet a driver (in our case, Esteban Ocon). You will have a walk of around 45 minutes from the end of the black shuttle line to your grandstand. Can GA ticket holders get in that way? Timetable opens at 8.45 on Friday, do you think it is wise to come even before that? jQuery('.g-recaptcha').each(function (index, el) { If you want to see the podium celebration after the race, you have to leave before the race is over and find a place where you can go on the track. since the shuttle bus says that works over fri-sat-sun? But in general, if you are going on Friday or Saturday you can check the views. Is this the black shuttle bus ? Id be inclined to find a secure park in Milan for your car and belongings for race day, then take the train to and from Monza. Also where is the entrance to the paddock as I may have some paddock passes coming my way? Also, just looking on an EU train booking app it says the trains are all sold out for the GP weekend. Hi Jess, quickest would be by car in around 1 hour, but I understand not everyone wants to hire one in an unfamiliar country! Trains run regularly (about every 10 minutes) between Nice and Monte Carlo Station. Hi Harry, check the maps we just uploaded to this page. So looking at the map can we drive to a car park on S.Maria area? It was around 1030/11 and getting warm. Please note that you will have a lot of traffic, use the road passing through Desio in both cases, and avoid passing through Monza town! The best price for this journey is $ 3.80. We got seats on 30a, our Hotel is in Bergamo, what aproach do you recomend? Hi Charlie, Bergamo is a great city in its own right, and a good base for the Italian GP. Craig. And, is it true that you can sit on any grandstand you want on Friday?