All permanents on the battlefield, 5 or more lands in play, Available, and at least 3 creatures on the battlefield including the Scute Swarm. Either way, lots of decks got some nice upgrades. NM-Mint, English, limit 8. 4. I bring in Chainweb Aracnir as it is a great blocker and threat we can escape and use our milled graveyard as a resource for. Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. So, should you play Scute-tate? 94% of 7558 decks +93% synergy. Whenever this happens, the game becomes extremely laggy before freezing. Once we get going, this often means that every time we mutate, we are putting several lands into play to trigger Scute Swarm's ability. And again, for as long as you have mutate cards, mana, or basic lands available to tutor out. While it adds more rare wildcards, Primal Might is probably a better option in the current meta. More counterspells or Sorcerous Spyglass could help to buy us the extra turn we need to close out the game without getting our board exiled by the eight-mana planeswalker. One that caught my eye, as well as that of many others, was Ivy, Gleeful Spellthief. Wilt and Thrashing Brontodon are becoming more popular as a response to Esper Doom and not overly relying on it is the best course of action. Snuck into Mythic At the end of the August season with a WGU Scute Swarm Deck. Playing Felidar Retreat or Esika's Chariot on turn 3 is very strong and Lotus would be a good way to do that besides Prosperous Innkeeper. This does mean replacing Sea-Dasher Octopus and Illuna, Apex of Wishes with Lore Drakkis, which looks weird in a deck without any instants or sorceries to return from the graveyard, but is still solid as a cheap way to mutate and trigger Auspicious Starrix and Migratory Greathorn. Pollywog Symbiote makes all your mutate creatures one mana cheaper to cast. Yeah, they can have insane starts and curve out in our face. This means that rather than making 1/1 Scute Swarms, we get an ever-increasing number of 3/4 Migratory Greathorns or even 6/6 Auspicious Starrixs if we managed to add them to the mutate pile. I suggest picking the most powerful engine you have in your hand at the time to put on the battlefield. 1.44-2.08. This deck is a bit different from other Voltron decks because you do your best to make as many mutated Ivys as possible. DL_Ojutai . Primal Might also makes Baneslayer look bad. Sawtusk Demolisher allows you to destroy a target noncreature permanent. Cards. Maybe I cut Divide for Lotus Cobra. I also trimmed one Yasharn, Implacable Earth. Lovestruck Beast: This card has become a standard staple. Mana Cost: Converted Mana Cost: 4. Command Beacon helps to get Ivy back on the battlefield after its been bounced back to the Command Zone. And again. I'd love to hear thoughts on how to improve the deck and any other decklists people have that . Well Doomskar is your best answer to Mono-W aggro. Its ability to give additional value to any targeted spell is amazing and opens up a lot of possibilities. The learn cards are indeed slow and are the first to cut to speed up the deck. Migratory Greathorn tutors a basic land onto the battlefield tapped. Dreamtail Heron. Heres also where you can make cuts. For a good backup plan, Scute Swarm is a great standalone threat that also has insane synergy with Mutate creatures (Scute Swarm tokens will copy all attributes of the original, including any mutations on it!) Man, what an asymmetrical way to clear the board. Join our Premium community, get access to exclusive content, remove all advertisements, and more! This is why Shadow Rift, Slip Through Space, Aqueous Form, and Rogues Passage are in the deck. As far as our lands, we get Fabled Passage (which is great with Scute Swarm since it generates two landfall triggers) and some random Triomes. Finally, Illuna, Apex of Wishes is one of the most powerful mutate cards in Standard but is only a two-of in our deck since it only puts non-land permanents into play (which is oddly a drawback because we'd often rather be putting extra lands into play to trigger Scute Swarm). 4 Skyclave Pick-Axe. I like that she can find a Scute Swarm or any other creature but 5 mana and waiting a whole turn to do that is a lot to ask for in this meta. Mutate is an underplayed mechanic, so this deck isnt that harsh on the wallet compared to other decks Ive built and seen. While the ultra-budget build of the deck is worse and there isn't any reason to downgrade in paper (the ultra-budget build is only $5 less than the budget build we played for the videos), it should be fine for less competitive unranked play on Arena, and you should be able to make just as many copies of Scute Swarm! Utokian Fractalnator Scute-tate is essentially a midrange combo deck built around the mutate mechanic. Theres repeatable artifact and. Another line would be to try and get your game plan going faster, in that case I would suggest maybe finding room for Lotus Cobra. But it just does its own thing and doesnt fall in line with what our deck is doing. Whenever a creature you control mutates, it also gets a +1/+1 counter and you gain 2 life. If someone can Scute Swarm. But it's proven itself to be an extremely scary card thanks to its ability to start duplicating itself, rather than making a 1/1 Insect token, once we get up to six lands. Unfortunately, here in the real world, It only AT BEST trades with the bigger threats holding an Embercleave. Find andrew davies liverpool and plugins. Archipelagore has a stacking freeze effect for each time it mutates. Bubble Snare is a solid removal spell in some matchups but lines up poorly with creatures like Lotus Cobra and Omnath, Locus of Creation that can generate a lot of value even while tapped down. Learn about the most powerful format that spans Magic's entire history. Pouncing Shoreshark bounces a target creature back to its owners hand. The additional creatures (if you targeted any), Errant, and Ivy phase out, and then all other nonland permanents are returned to their owners hands. Then, at the end step of the turn before your own, you cast Topiary Stomper, search for a land, and put it on the battlefield tapped, copying that mutated Scute Swarm. Most matchups will just come down to does our opponent have the out. I will still discuss key things to look for in each matchup. Baneslayer Angel: This was originally a 4-of in NOONs list. $1.00. But I dont think we play the right cards to make it good enough for us. This bug happens most of the time when I have a scute swarm with an auspicious starrix and a migratory greathorn on it. Apart from Scute Swarm, the rest of the deck is already super cheap, and we can't really cut Scute Swarm because going off with its self-replicating ability is the big draw of the deck. I have played Magic for over 15 years. In all honesty the only reason I play this over Cultivate is because in aggressive matchups a 4/4 body is just great. 16x Forest. Help | While Sea-Dasher Octopus, Pouncing Shoreshark, and Illuna, Apex of Wishes don't directly ramp us or make more copies of Scute Swarm, they are solid mutate cards that trigger our ramp mutate abilities and offer some additional value. Scute Swarm is a 1/1 Insect creature for 2G. Thanks to Scute Swarm's ability to grow exponentially, we can easily end up with hundreds or even thousands of massive mutated Auspicious Starrix Scute Swarms on the battlefield in one big turn, which we can then use to beat our opponent down. Play scute swarm Mutate migratory greathorn onto scute swarm Continue to mutate it and search out lands till you can send in a stamped to swing; Deck. If they just have all the outs, then they just have all the outs. Near-Infinite landfall. You watch the board as your opponents turns go by and let them think you have every answer in the book. Heliods Intervention can be used in the late game to clean up the board when we have fallen behind. If you have Mirror Box out on the field, you get to keep the extra Ivys. 2 Elder Gargaroth (M21) 179. Or turn 6 scute, land, mutate migratory greathorn. That is until I stumbled across this little gem that went 7-0 in an Arena Open played by a player named NOON. If you are a resident of California, you have the right under the CCPA to opt out of the sale of personal information to third parties. Aggro Deck - You need 2 lands on turn 2 every game and 3 lands on turn 3 for several 3-drops. How does Migratory Greathorn and Scute Swarm get all the lands out of your deck exactly. This matchup is one I markup as bad both pre and post-board. It's also important to be aware of what removal the opponent might be playing and try to organize the mutate pile to play around it. 23 24. It has the following text: Landfall: when a land enters the battlefield under your control, create a 1/1 green insect token. 96% of 7827 decks +95% synergy. EDH 0 / 0 . 3 Migratory Greathorn $0.25 0.09 0.02: 1 Nylea, Keen-Eyed . Adntrate en el Japn ms rural. 19-20. DMCA requests | Follow Ethan on Twitter, Ivy, Gleeful Spellthief Commander Deck Guide, Ivy gleeful spellthief Commander deck guide, The Ultimate Guide to Phyrexia: All Will Be One Draft, Urtet, Remnant of Memnarch Commander Deck Guide, Eldritch Moon Spoilers and Set Information, March of the Machine: The Aftermath Spoilers and Set Information, Bloodthirst in MTG: Rules, History, and Best Cards, The 67 Best Recursion Creatures in Magic Ranked, Holding priority once you can, you then cast. Hunters Insight is another way to have two creatures fight two different creatures with the twist of letting you draw some cards. It allows you to copy the tokens that Ivy creates and choose new targets to get even more value out of them (sadly, these copies are not cast and dont allow Ivy to trigger again). Your email address will not be published. Ah, forgot that bit about First Sliver. We only run 3 because of diminishing returns, but it is just a fantastic card to have and if you are in Green and not playing it then I think you are doing something wrong! </i>. The definite weakness of this deck is Mono-White aggro. You can also follow me on my social media which is linked below! Highlighting the Pauper format where only Commons are allowed. scute swarm combo explained. Parcelbeast is a cheap mutater that can also draw us a card and, if it's a land, put it directly on the battlefield. You dont necessarily have to have Swarm and 6 lands because you get a cat and insect token or just an insect and put counters on your board and build an army. Youre playing Simic, so counterspell shenanigans can very easily be on the menu. Sea-Dasher Octopus draws you a card when that creature deals combat damage to a player. Speaking of. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts Set: Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths Type: Creature Beast Common Cost: {3}{G} Mutate {2}{G} (If you cast this spell for its mutate cost, put it over or under target non-Human creature . Aqueous Form | Illustration by Slawomir Maniak, ArchipelagoreAuspicious StarrixDreamtail HeronErrant, Street ArtistEssence SymbioteGemrazerGladecover ScoutMigratory GreathornParcelbeastPollywog SymbiotePouncing ShoresharkSawtusk DemolisherScute SwarmSea-Dasher OctopusSlippery BogleSouvenir SnatcherStormchaser DrakeTemur SabertoothTopiary StomperTrumpeting GnarrWilson, Refined Grizzly, Decisive DenialDouble MajorHunters InsightShadow RiftSimic CharmSlip Out the BackSnakeskin VeilTamiyos Safekeeping, Croaking CounterpartCultivateExploreFarseekFlood of TearsIrenicuss Vile DuplicationKodemas ReachNatures LoreQuasiduplicateRampant GrowthRite of ReplicationSkyshroud ClaimSlip Through SpaceThree VisitsTriumph of the Hordes, Ancestral MaskAqueous FormBear UmbraKeen SenseRancorSeason of GrowthShielding PlaxSnake UmbraVesuvan Duplimancy, Arcane SignetCommanders SphereCrystal ShardFellwar StoneHelm of the HostKefnets MonumentLifecrafters BestiaryMirror BoxRhonass MonumentSimic LocketSimic SignetSol RingSwiftfoot BootsTalisman of CuriosityTwinning Staff, Alchemists RefugeBoseiju, Who EnduresBreeding PoolCastle GarenbrigCommand BeaconCommand TowerDreamroot CascadeExotic OrchardFlooded GroveForest x5Hinterland HarborIslandIsland x4Littjara MirrorlakeMisty RainforestOtawara, Soaring CityPrismatic VistaRejuvenating SpringsReliquary TowerRogues PassageSimic Growth ChamberVineglimmer SnarlYavimaya Coast. The lions share of your creature count is going to be taken up by ones that have mutate and other creatures that benefit from being mutated upon (like those with a very beneficial ETB ability, with an ability that stacks for each time it has been mutated, or that comes with built in protection). Budget Magic: $110 (54 tix) Standard Zombies!!!! I hope you enjoyed this deck as well! Let's go all-in on ultimating it with the help of proliferate spells like Volt Charge and Staff of Compleation and find out! Migratory Greathorn. He ramps us, sure, but there are cards that do it way better and we dont have to rely on untapping with it. mtg scute swarm mutate. I moved Glass Casket to the sideboard and trimmed one overall from the 75 because I think the card is fantastic, but worse than it was before. Gilded Goose has the upside of flying, making it a good mutate target by allowing creatures like Auspicious Starrix to take to the air. TCGPlayer $292. But it does get much more powerful after your fifth land drop since you get more Scute Swarms and put counters on them. My suggestion would be to cut a Chariot and probably an Epiphany for 2 more Doomskar. You can then have Ivy do the same. Instead of freezing your enemies, you make your mutation targets a tad larger and give them trample temporarily. If we brick and dont have a land, we can tap him, bounce a basic back to our hand and then replay it to continue building our board. You then mutate that Stomper. Terms of Use | Just as importantly, many of our best mutate cards allow us to put extra lands on the battlefield, so our Scute Swarm mutate pile will sort of snowball itself. SUPPORT MY CARD GAME PROJECT!Patreon https://www.patreon.com/italianmageDiscord https://discord.gg/b28ymbBThe Mouse I Usehttps://amzn.to/3gvIkIJThe Monit. Its controller creates a 3/3 green Beast token. Dreamtail Heron draws a card when it mutates. Does the rule text for Scute change all instances of Scute Swarm to Migratory Greathorn. MTG Arena Zone is supported by its audience. Deck Guides Standard. All emails include an unsubscribe link. Scute Swarm doesnt trigger it with tokens. My mind immediately went to one of my favorite mechanics from a couple Standards ago: mutate. 4 Cultivate (M21) 177 Low Curve Deck - You need 2 lands on turn 2 but would like 3 lands on turn 3 for some 3-drops . Ivys ability has some interesting connotations. It's also important to know that we're going to get two- or three-for-oned on occasion when our opponent manages to kill our mutate pile. 4 Cultivate (M21) 177 (I put in a mix of Ketria Triome and Zagoth Triome, but use whatever you happen to have in your collection. For lands, theres a very general suite of the two on-color Neon Dynasty legendary lands. It doesn't combo. Let's start with the bad news: there isn't really a way to make Scute-tate ultra-budget in paper because Scute Swarm itself spiked massively in price in the past week (when I first started working on the deck, itwasultra-budget, but that was when Scute Swarm was $1.50 rather than $11). Enemy goes from no health to 70+ health 2 turns later because they abuse Prosperous Innkeeper and Scute Swarm How is that fun, to know you win the game because you are exploiting? This site works best with JavaScript enabled. I removed Vivien because there were already eight 4-drops. I really love playing this deck and it has become a fan favorite over on my stream (which you should totally follow me on *cough*). ] This means you arent just worried about the spells that you cast, but also the ones that your opponents cast. My reasoning is that Greathorn dodges a lot of their removal outside of a kicked Bloodchiefs and Hagra Mauling which they dont normally run and if they do it is in small numbers. Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. . Thrashing Brontodon blows up Embercleave and The Great Henge while being a great blocker. Follow me on Twitch and subscribe on YouTube! The immediate 3/3s are great, and I can easily see a spot for her in the sideboard but now is not the time. Be careful: in the late game with a beefed-up Ivy, it can become draw your library instead. 0.80-1.44. All rights reserved. Scute Swarm + Perilous Forays + Earthcraft. The MTG Hero. What crazy things can Scute Swarm do in Zendikar Rising Standard backed by a pile of mutate creatures? Low Curve Deck - You need 2 lands on turn 2 but would like 3 lands on turn 3 for some 3-drops. Its like cheaper, more automatic Errant, Street Artist. Otherwise, we took down Clerics, Boros Cycling, and an aggressive Boros Warriors deck. Double Major and Irenicuss Vile Duplication are great ways to get the Ivy copies going before you have the other duplication engines online. Auspicious Starrix stacks a pseudo-cascade effect each time it mutates. MTG Arena Zone is not affiliated with Wizards of the Coast LLC. Bant Scute Swarm Deck to Mythic in Standard 2022. Discord Server | Of course, for our plan to work, we need a critical mass of mutate creatures so that we can keep adding to our mutate pile to tutor up more lands with Migratory Greathorn and put more permanents into play with Auspicious Starrix. I added four copies of Migratory Greathorn because it fits in with our strategy finding a land upon mutating. They really punish our less impactful cards and remove or counter anything that could pose an issue while applying a good clock. Whenever we mutate it, we get to put the top X permanents of our deck onto the battlefield, where X is the number of times we've mutated. Otherwise I always get the immediate threat or Lurrus. My name is The MTG Hero. J napot kvnok, Budget Magic lovers, it's that time once again! 2022 Wizards. Heres the breakdown: Breeding Pool | Illustration by Mike Bierek. Build awesome Commander decks on a 20 tix budget. (Plus, we do have some instants and sorceries after sideboarding.) It is in virtually none of the top competitive tournament decks, so it could be that it is only overpowered in best-of-one because thats where most of the player base lies in MTG Arena. Anyway, that's all for today. Theyre ready to use at the beginning of your turn. Until next time, Hero out! The game will then end due to an . Conoce los ms interesantes rinconces de los alrededores de Kobe. Seems fitting. Rogues Passage lets you get everything out of your way. Those two cards don't go "infinte", no. $1.00. Standard Boros Invoke Premium Deck Guide February 2023: Is Combo Now Tier 1? Think Minn is some jank illusions commander? I cut Mammoth because while it is the most power we can have on a single creature, thats all it is. One of the biggest downsides of playing a deck full of mutate creatures is that they are mostly overcosted if we have to cast them naturally. If you cast a creature that has mutate, you draw and then discard a card. One of the biggest combos in the deck isnt a wincon or a repeatable combo. Plus, as a bonus, you'll probably get to break Arena on occasion by Scute Swarming until its brain explodes! Utokian Fractalnator by artontherun. This allows the deck to essentially go off with only 2 cards and consistent land drops. Yeah, they can bounce it but we can recast it. Lotus Cobra is card I really want to try but haven't spent the wild cards on yet. Eleven cards with mana cost 4 or greater made hands very clunky and slow. Bant scute swarm? With the amount of ramp and repeatable land tutoring, you could switch out the fetch lands. I think we are better off just adding removal and being a midrange deck. You might think cutting Greathorn is the response but I dont think so. I am pretty much dedicated to building around abusing the bug at this point. 23. There is good news, however: we can make the deck super cheap on Magic Arena. 4 Fabled Passage. Where mutate has generally failed in Commander by concentrating everything into a single creature to get their benefits, youll be able to spread the love around and still get one massive mutation out of it. I'd love to hear thoughts on how to improve the deck and any other decklists people have that include Scute Swarm. Draftsim.com is unofficial Fan Content permitted under the Fan Content Policy. Near-Infinite tapped creature tokens. Wilson, Refined Grizzly cant be countered and has vigilance, reach, trample, and ward 2. I am waiting for the free Doomskar that comes with the new starter decks and then will definitely be running 3. Youll most likely bounce more than four permanents back to your hand, so youll will at least be able to start with something back out right away. Migratory Greathorn. Please take a moment to review them and accept to continue. Giving your commander hexproof is a must along with indestructible. Visual; CMC; Compact . The subreddit for anything concerning the Magic the Gathering: Arena! I bring in Elspeth Conquers Death because it takes care of basically everything in their deck. Migratory Greathorn tutors a basic land onto the . See our privacy policy. 4. Weekly drafts featuring a variety of formats new and old. Join Crim (TheAsianAvenger), Seth (SaffronOlive) and Richard (BlackTuna) as they discuss the weekly news and answer user submitted questions. It's not even skill, you literally can't counter it. Ugin, the Spirit Dragon: I have took him in and out of the deck multiple times because sometimes it just feels like you have ramped into nothing. Use whatever removal you must keep Lovestruck Beast and Kazandu Mammoth off the field. The lovely thing about this commander is that you have the possibility of building a very viable deck on a shoestring budget by throwing a bunch of auras you have lying around with enchantment-loving creatures. Its also great for the copies of the other mutated creatures youre making. Theres also the color branded Simic Signet, Simic Locket, and Talisman of Curiosity. Season of Growth gives you a truly awesome benefit to your mutate casts. Descubre el Japn ms tradicional en Kyoto. Now, we have a hybrid Scute Swarm / Migratory Greathorn. I replaced her with Scavenging Ooze, giving us a form of life gain, graveyard control and a threat all in one convenient package. In general, the deck felt solid. As a secondary measure, Ive also included Triumph of the Hordes so that all you will need to do is sneak through a 10/10 with infect or throw the big buys over the wall to hit your opponents with enough to end it. Please enable JavaScript to get the best experience from this site. I am a consistent high Mythic ranked player. This is a very grindy deck that can just go off and win with a Scute Swarm and a Felidar Retreat as stated above and Oops its way into a win. It lets you scry 1 for the creature cast and then draw a card for casting the targeted spell. As for our non-budget build, the non-land cards in the main deck remain unchanged, but we do get some meaningful upgrades in the mana base and sideboard. Sometimes, this means making some seemingly odd choices, like leaving Pollywog Symbiote as the top card of our mutate pile to play around Elspeth Conquers Death or putting Parcelbeast over a Pouncing Shoreshark even though it's less power, to play around Scorching Dragonfire. Instead of waiting for a Mutate creature and trying to go off with Scute Swarm the way Simic does, this deck pairs the bugs with Felidar Retreat. We've updated our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Slippery Bogle also has built in hexproof for a single green or blue mana. Budget Magic: Is $35 Mono-White Soldiers the Best Deck in Standard? You have four generic and three blue mana available, or five generic and four blue mana available for an additional variant. $1.40. | Budget Magic: Legacy Burn, Budget Magic: $82 Gruul Modified (Standard), Budget Magic: Free Chandra Tribal (Pioneer), Budget Magic: Exploding Goblins (Historic), Budget Magic: Light-Paws Mono-White Auras (Modern), Fifty Free Decks for Modern and Pioneer on Magic Online, Budget Magic: Enchant-amonicon | GW Weaver of Harmony Enchantments | #MTGNEO Standard, Budget Magic: $72 (12 tix) Maze's End Gates (Pioneer), The Most Expensive $75 Deck in Modern | Calibrated Blast | Budget Magic, Budget Magic: $100 Rokiric Multicolor Boros (Modern), Buttget Magic: $97 Doran Cannot Lie (Modern), Budget Magic: Good in Soul Sisters?