This next toy is something no one quite knows about. But the product truly hit its stride and became a fan favorite when it was served up alongside a pork sausage patty in the 1980s. That's right, toys from a failed show still managed to become a huge financial success for collectors and sellers. I used to use them as water pistols. Really good example of quality marketing. 3,210.04 SEK, 3,566.71 SEK MLB MCDONALDS ALL TIME GREATEST TEAM GLASS COLLECTION 1993 rare 6 inch glassware - $47.68. Invented a year or so later, the Quarter Pounder found its way into American gullets in 73. In fact, one show, in particular, proved to be kind of a hit and miss with audiences. They are being phased out concurrently. Captcha failed to load. Start writing! He said he did not know if lead was a prcblem with all the glasses. facebook; twitter; linkedin; pinterest; Details about McDonalds Garfield Odie Glass Coffee Cups Mugs Jim Davis 1978-80 Set of 2 NEW. I feel sorry for anyone who didn't grow up on 80s/90s McDonald's. Free shipping for many products! They sold a different glass each week, so many customers made the pilgrimage to complete the set of five with the whole Peanuts gang. It's no wonder a children's show so popular would spawn such a huge price tag on its toy line. And for more about McDonald's, here are 30 McDonald's Facts All '80s Kids Remember. Original Price 3,566.71 SEK This late-'80s item appeared on menus as a response to pizza chains like Pizza Hut and Dominos but proved to be a tough item to sell, especially because each pizza took 11 minutes to prepare. Let us know what you think! $11.99, $23.99 A huge fan of literature, films, philosophy, and tabletop games, he also has a special place in his heart for anything related to fantasy or science fiction. Whether youre a McDonalds fan or you steer clear of it, you cant deny that the chains restaurant designs had style and energy in the 80s and 90s. Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. Whether this item appeared on menus in order to combat other chains with popular salad staples or McDonald's wanted to jump on the health food craze of the decade, McDonald's initial garden, chef, and shrimp salads of the '80s proved a popular alternative to their standard burgers. By 1969 there were 1,000 restaurants and, as the advert touts, we sell over two million a day. Awful garbage food. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/stirring-response. Note that Barry Manilow is often incorrectly given writing credits for this song. So be ready to shell out a lot of money for these incredibly rare toys. From gaming trends to the latest blockbuster anime, DualShockers keeps you ahead of the curve. I am JEALOUS beyond words. Get the best food tips and diet Jules: Le Big Mac. [laughs] What do they call a Whopper? I Went On Vacation With My Friend And Her Family, They Kicked Me Out So I Got My Own Room And Stayed On, The Best And Worst Transformations Seen During School Reunions, As Shared By These 30 Internet Users, "Can't Approve Overtime? The show Fraggle Rock has become a huge staple in children's programming, and iconic in its own right. Another prime example of McDonald's branching out with their own unique toys comes in the form of a mystery. A more modern-day fortune arrives from the minion toys McDonald's released with happy meals in 2013 for the film Despicable Me 2. 19 watching. Everything You Need to Know About Pop Culture in the '80s, Game Review: Smurf's Village Takes Me Back To 1981, A Stocking Full of Your Favorite '80s Christmas Specials, Lucky's Best Escape Tactics In '80s Lucky Charms Commercials, Celebrate Garfield's 40th Birthday With This Fun Infographic. (15% off), Sale Price $23.52 1974 was also the year of Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.. Original Price 310.88 SEK Mr. Kinloch said 24 million to 60 million painted glasses had been produced for McDonald's in the last five years. Here's the Glendale, California McDonald's crew from 1979. If you had a bad experience with it I am truly sorry! Consistently earned 5-star reviews, shipped orders on time, and replied quickly to messages, Looks like you already have an account! And thus, the Egg McMuffin is unleashed upon the world. Woman Takes DNA Test For Fun Only To Discover Her Long-Term Boyfriend Is Her Full Sibling, Woman Flabbergasted At Thrift Store's Prices, Calls Them Out By Sharing 14 Examples, "I Just Said Thank You And Left": Mans Nice Gesture Is Praised After Pizza Hut Driver Got A $20 Tip On A $938 Order, 50 Times People Were So Surprised With How Perfectly Things Lined Up, They Just Had To Document It, Woman Is Upset That Neighbors Shed Is Too Big, Calls Inspector, Regrets It When They Maliciously Comply, European Is Shocked To Learn How American Suburbs Work, Goes Online To Ask Some Accurate Questions, "Never Come Back To My Restaurant": Chef Bans Rude Restaurant Patrons And Gives $1,350 Bill To 22 Y.O. I stand amazed you could get all that for under $4.00. Original Price $36.00 Why It's Rare: Only released a few times. A new slogan is released: Nobody can do it like McDonalds can. It doesnt have the same mojo as You deserve a break today, but it worked well enough to use through 1983. What do we think about when we think of McDonald's? feeling of nostalgia. The boys . Choose the options youd like for the order. Even when he fell in love - and that was frequently - he was never submerged by disappointment. Most of them around Baltimore have them too! One of the most popular children's toys of the 90's was undoubtedly Furby. (10% off), Sale Price $6.53 These things can't possibly be from 30 years ago. TAMPA, Fla. ( WFLA) Fast food giant McDonald's is throwing it back to the 1980s with the return of one of its old menu items: the Cheese Danish. Returned after a week. Ive still got my collection proudly displayed on my shelf. } Most toys come with simple yet enjoyable tales for children to follow. Other times the show spawns spin-offs that become even more popular than the original franchise, and their images and likeness become so revered that they become more valuable than their predecessor. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable . Whether it's from perishing batteries or something else is up for you to determine, but the point is it's incredible to see that these toys are being sold at such a high price. They did glasses for everything, including the Muppets. Get the latest inspiring stories via our awesome iOS app! Jules: They dont call it a Quarter Pounder with Cheese? Can you imagine how much money the regular line of dolls is fetching? I'm thinking of you" - Pablo Iglesias Maurer, At the end of October 1959 in the basement of 39 Gerrard Street - an unexceptional and damp space that was once a sort of rest room for taxi drivers and an occasional tea bar - Ronnie Scott opened his first jazz club. Send me exclusive offers, unique gift ideas, and personalized tips for shopping and selling on Etsy. Original Price $12.99 xhr.send(payload); Creating an account means you agree with Bored Panda's, We and our trusted partners use technology such as cookies on our site to personalize content and ads, provide, social media features, and analyze our traffic. RELATED: Hilarious McDonald's Toys That Make No Sense. Mcdonald's Land Action Series, Hamburglar 6. Within the past 40 years, it's been hard to stop by a McDonald's and not notice a new salad addition to their menu. These dolls were very popular with young children back in the day. Privacy Settings Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: basic site functions ensuring secure, safe transactions secure account login Vintage 1977 Hamburglar McDonalds McDonald land Action Collector Series Glass $10.00 $9.03 shipping or Best Offer VINTAGE 1970'S MCDONALDS HAMBUGULAR COLLECTORS SERIES GLASS $3.99 $8.00 shipping Vintage 1980 Garfield Collector's Glass Mug, McDonald's Series $9.99 0 bids $18.84 shipping 6d 17h The show was Fraggle Rock, and the toys can be found in a set of four for over $200. By submitting email you agree to get Bored Panda newsletter. 1980 Philadelphia Eagles Collector's Glass 7. Average salary for Ronald McDonald House Charities Fire Life Safety Director in John F Kennedy Airport, NY: [salary]. It was onwards and upwards from here. RELATED: Licensed McDonald's Toys That Look Nothing Like The Characters. $27.00, $36.00 19 Old Happy Meal Toys That'll Bring You Back to Your Childhood, 52 Life-Changing Kitchen Hacks That'll Make You Enjoy Cooking Again. Let's just say there's a reason he looks so happy! (10% off), Sale Price 3,210.04 SEK Its dark, almost black shade combined with turquoise-green pattern creates a beautiful looking frame. 148.03 SEK, 164.47 SEK You can change your preferences. View Etsys Privacy Policy. This just reminded me I have them stored in huge totes in the closet. Mcdonalds Disney Glasses 2. Whatever you remember, the restaurant has been a fast-food icon for decades, bringing families American-style food at reasonable prices. 25 McDonald's Smurf Collectible Glasses from early 80's. Pricing & History. 25 Smurf Collectible Glasses from eBay . Also take note that McDonalds is finally targeting black consumers. St Petersburg is the city Christopher Hitchens called "an apparent temple of civilization: the polished window between Russia and Europe the, "I never saw Eric Ravilious depressed. Again. And dont even get me started on the toys somehow they were so much better than the ones available today. We also created 2.6 million jobs in the U.S.enough to employ the entire city of Houston, TX! Youll notice from this 1960 advert with menu no Big Mac, not even a double cheeseburger. We respect your privacy. McDonald's Job Training, reported anonymously by McDonald's employees. Pyrex Corning Glass Mcdonalds Coffee Cups 1982 McDonald's released these Pyrex glass cups in 1982, making them some of the rarest merchandise and equally among the most valuable. every day. Mcdonalds Collector Series Character Glass Grimace 1977 5. Error occurred when generating embed. A 10-minute YouTube video shows the inside of an abandoned McDonald's restaurant with 1980s decor. The jurys still out whether its the tasty junk food or our childhood nostalgia that keeps us coming back. 40 Photos Of McDonald's From The '80s And '90s To Show How Things Have Changed Jonas Grineviius and Justinas Keturka A lot of us like to sneak in a cheeky visit to McDonald's every once in a while. Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. It's so strange to imagine that these toys of simple cloth and beans came together to form one of the collector world's most infamous fast food collectibles. Their popularity has grown to the point that countries around the world have adapted the restaurant into their culture, adding their own unique twists and food items that reflect their country. McDonalds noticed Roman Catholics were nowhere to be found on Fridays and during Lent. Even though this childhood favorite sprang to existence at the end of the 1970s, Happy Meals would grow to be a respected McDonald's favorite throughout the 1980s. RELATED: Barbies Every Girl Had In The 90s (And How Much Theyre Worth Now). Heres the Glendale, California McDonalds crew from 1979. The burger was served in an open Styrofoam container, with the bottom bun and meat on one half (which was hot), and the bun with the lettuce and tomato on the other half (which was cold). 136.95 SEK, 171.16 SEK These treats have evolved over the course of their run, but ever since their creation in the '70s, they became a crowd favorite and appeared on every menu throughout the '80s. Get the best deals on McDonald's Glass when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Despite it being a little too scary at times for children, the collectible set of the film at McDonald's fetches for nearly $200 online these days. Original Price $7.00 Joe comics, Batman memorabilia, and whatever nostalgia I can find at thrift stores. Omg! Covering the hottest movie and TV topics that fans want. 2 1968 Camp Snoopy Collection Glass - Snoopy, Linus, etc 6 McDonald's 1981 Vintage Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo Great Muppet Caper Glass 10 $1395 FREE delivery Mon, Feb 20 on $25 of items shipped by Amazon There was a problem subscribing you to this newsletter. This Is What a McDonald's Menu Looked Like in the 1980s, 30 Crazy McDonald's Facts That Will Blow Your Mind, 30 McDonald's Facts All '80s Kids Remember, Why All McDonald's Chicken Nuggets Come in the Same 4 Shapes, 20 Failed McDonald's Menu Items You Won't Believe Existed. Same it was so special and so amazing, the playgrounds weren't so generic they were fun. There was a problem subscribing you to this newsletter. If you love to start your day with a McDonald's breakfast, you definitely have tried the restaurant's signature hot cakesfluffy pancakes that can soak up as much syrup as you throw at them. Rarely went but was always excited when I did. (25% off), Sale Price $29.59 In the old days, everything was made with poorly constructed plastic molds. D. Danielle Wilcox. Finally, around 2016, he started learning how to use Photoshop and hasn't stopped since. Set of 2 Batman Forever Riddler 1995 McDonalds Embossed Glass Mugs DC Comics . '80s kid and '90s grad. These are just the toys from McDonald's too. McDonald's Limited 3.5 FULL TIME 18+ ONLY Overnight crew member - Donegall Place - Minimum 30 hours per week Belfast, Northern Ireland Apply Now Job Company Rating McDonald's are one of the most recognized brands in the world, and the backbone of our brand is commitment to a set of core values: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community and Family. Set where you live, what language you speak, and the currency you use. xhr.setRequestHeader('Content-Type', 'text/plain;charset=UTF-8'); The golden arches? Also note that the massive transition from sugar based Coke to High Fructose Corn Syrup based Coke is underway. Now he not only gets to browse the latest cat videos and fresh memes every day but also shares them with people all over the world, making sure they stay up to date with everything that's trending on the web. Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited. The offerings have changed, but salads are still on the McDonald's menu today. After finishing high school, he took a gap year to work odd jobs and try to figure out what he wanted to do next. The product lasted until 1998, but many consumers mostly remember the giant double clamshell holder and the ecological terror brought on by its packaging. Throughout the 1960s, people rarely ate out, so an infrequent treat at McDonalds wasnt really a health concern (not to mention, American home dinner tables werent exactly bastions of nutrition to begin with). This will differ depending on what options are available for the item. (10% off), Sale Price $27.00 Original Price $14.99 Nobody else had the same combination of cheeseburger seats, chunky plastic toys, and a loveable colorful cast of characters: from Ronald McDonald and Grimace to the Hamburgler and Mayor McCheese. - and he did! Turning off the personalized advertising setting wont stop you from seeing Etsy ads or impact Etsy's own personalization technologies, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive. Today, it makes around $30 billion a year and has restaurants around the globe. $34.00, $42.50 Ooops! Anyone can write on Bored Panda. | Free shipping on many items! Original Price 309.14 SEK Original Price $23.99 It's easy to see why people hold onto their collectibles with an iron grip. day, 2022 Galvanized Media. Dude, you need to stop taking things so seriously. Just like with everything else, you always had your favorite character. We hope that we wont make you too hungry! Those partners may have their own information theyve collected about you. Try using a different browser or disabling ad blockers. 10 McDonald's Toys That Are Worth A Fortune Today, Licensed McDonald's Toys That Look Nothing Like The Characters, the Happy Meal returning to Mcdonald's this summer, The 20 Worst Disney McDonald's Toys (And 10 That Are Worth A Fortune), Hilarious McDonald's Toys That Make No Sense, Barbies Every Girl Had In The 90s (And How Much Theyre Worth Now), Toys From The 90s That Are Impossible To Find (And How Much Theyre Worth). However, some of these items are more current cash machines. When we were growing up, a trip to McDonald's made any day extra special. Free shipping for many products! $29.99, $39.99 We have sent an email to the address you provided with an activation link. And you can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. And again. More like this Photos of McDonald's restaurants and merchandise from the '80s and '90s have emerged - with some weird and wonderful results.