<< /Count 26 endobj << R. Vcit Leo de trbu Jda, rdix Dvid. endobj /ExtGState << /ArtBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] R. We beseech Thee to hear us. rev2023.3.3.43278. 13 0 obj It is controversial for having been allegedly invoked . >> /ProcSet [/PDF /Text] Below an example from Terence's Phormio play. /T1_1 49 0 R /ArtBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /GS0 48 0 R /Contents 72 0 R /Resources << /T1_2 73 0 R /Parent 8 0 R /Parent 7 0 R Curse: Docimedis perdidit manicilia dua qui illas involavit ut mentes suas perdat et oculos suos in fano ubi destinat. /ProcSet [/PDF /Text] By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. /Fm0 62 0 R /TrimBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] >> >> I struggle to find kindness in my heart enough not to talk about the person who cast this curse upon me and not to seek my revenge at least with the power of words. >> >> /TrimBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] I read your words that it cannot alight upon me, help me take those words into my heart and to believe that this has no power over me. The word itself is more modern; while Roman dfixines do tend to use the verb dfg, the noun wasn't nearly as common as in Greek. V. cce Crcem Dmini, fgite prtes advrsae. /GS0 48 0 R There is a curse before me from an evil source. /Type /Pages Curse: Adiuro te demon, quicunque es, et demando tibi ex hanc hora, ex hanc die, ex hoc momento, ut equos prasini et albi crucies, occidas et agitatores Clarum et Felicem et Primulum et Romanum occidas. >> and in the knowledge that you will defeat this curse with your love. /ProcSet [/PDF /Text] /TrimBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /Parent 8 0 R /BleedBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] >> Ecclsiam, gni immaculti spnsam, vafrrimi hstes replevrunt amaritudnibus, inebrirunt absnthio; ad mnia desiderablia jus mpias misrunt mnus. C1-G@nKxBK5Wm/{\p"#orz.ul! >> I ask that you would break these chains and set us free. (or "abi in malam crucem! /Contents 87 0 R curse - Wiktionary /XObject << In return for my love, they accuse me, but I give myself to prayer. /Kids [17 0 R 18 0 R 19 0 R 20 0 R 21 0 R] /ArtBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /T1_0 50 0 R /DeviceCMYK 59 0 R 60 0 R] I call up God's angels and all Light Divine energies and forces which can help me. Hour of Grace: Noon to 1 PM on Saturday, December 8th! >> I break agreement with every curse placed on me by words, vows, oaths, soul ties, genetic defects or sins. Fight the battles of the Lord today with the Army of the Blessed Angels, as once thou didst fight against Lucifer, the first in pride, and his apostate angels; and they prevailed not: neither was their place found anymore in Heaven. /T1_1 49 0 R >> Another form of curse seems to have been "i in malam crucem!" << /XObject << /XObject << None can stand before his will and protection. endobj Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end, Amen. But my soul shall rejoice in the Lord, and shall be delighted in His salvation . /XObject << /T1_4 67 0 R /T1_0 50 0 R How to say prayer in Latin - WordHippo /ExtGState << G.B. >> Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. R. Quemdmodum spervimus in te. /T1_2 51 0 R /GS0 48 0 R >> Heavenly Father, I come to You in the name of Jesus Christ. There isn't one way to do so, and there's no special language that can be applied to every curse, though certain themes and vocabulary are frequent and sometimes "magical" gibberish is used in incantations. For each of these examples, the lesson of the Lord is that they cannot win, that love for God will defeat all of this. Many are so formulaic that its thought they were written by professional scribes who sidelined as curse-writers, and whose words, it was believed, would imbue the tablets with magic. /T1_1 49 0 R Hung. /Resources << /T1_1 49 0 R /CropBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] American saints, blesseds, venerables, and Servants of God, pray for us! The prayer inscribed on the curse tablet against a certain Plotius contains such a votive-type formula: Good and beautiful Proserpina or Salvia, if you prefer that I call you so, wife of Pluto, snatch away the health, the body, the complexion, the strength, and the faculties of Plotius. /T1_0 50 0 R I now claim every spiritual blessing that my Heavenly Father has given . R. And let my cry come unto Thee. /T1_0 50 0 R >> Translation: "Docimedis has lost two gloves and asks that the thief responsible should lose their minds and eyes in the goddesss temple.". /Type /Page /Fm0 65 0 R /T1_4 52 0 R I have asked others how to defeat this curse and always receive the same answer fight fire with fire. Bucci, Blank Form for Hours of the Passion for Lent, Blessed Dina Belanger: The date of her passing from this life was September 4, 1929. I know that you have blessed me with many gifts, and I am grateful for all that you have given me. Lord, I feel the weight of this curse upon me and I desperately need that weight removed. << /T1_2 51 0 R endobj 12 0 obj Latin Hell - SENTENTIAE ANTIQUAE /Type /Page /GS1 61 0 R It only takes a minute to sign up. /ArtBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] Buccis Priesthood, 70th anniversary of the birth in Heaven of the Servant of God Luisa Piccarreta and 30th birth anniversary of the Association Luisa Piccarreta Little Children of the Divine Will, 9 Day Novena to the Immaculate Heart of Mary in the Most Holy Divine Will, A Collection of Memories of the Servant of God Luisa Piccarreta by Fr. BCE to the end of the 4th and beginning of the 5th century. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. /GS1 61 0 R >> /T1_1 51 0 R /Fm0 65 0 R << /Rotate 0 /XObject << 16 0 obj << /Fm0 65 0 R God the Father + commands you. sanctificetur nomen tuum. xmp.iid:82F8A5362F206811822ADE02CBE09D9D I ask that you would open my eyes to new opportunities and give me the wisdom to make good choices. /Fm0 62 0 R /T1_1 49 0 R /Font << I will take comfort in this prayer until I feel the curse gone from my heart. Dfixio tended to involve writing a prayer on a metal tablet, then "binding" it somehow. VIRGIN OF THE REVELATION On 4/12/1980 a most astounding public miracle occurred! >> /T1_1 49 0 R Luisa Piccarreta and the Coming Kingdom of the Divine Will, Luisa the tiny little mama of the tiny little children of the Divine Will, The Book of Justice (Luisa Piccarreta and Divine Justice), The Divine Justice Calendar Daily Meditations, Cause of Beatification of the Servant of God Luisa Piccarreta, Commentary by Tree of Life Sword: Our Lady of Guadalupe, Pious Association Luisa Piccarreta Little Children of the Divine Will, To be Linked with the Pious Association Luisa Piccarreta, Current Situation of Luisa Piccarreta in the Church (2020), Daily Prayers for the Dying in the Divine Will. /Resources << >> /Font << Getting to Hell is supposed to be easy. A link to a curse text corpus together with some examples showcasing the most typical curses would be great! /TrimBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /Trapped /False /ArtBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] << pfcbqo1,P- |^kTdGtC)>q`|RS M22S)eD. Giovan Battista Picchierri, Full text of The Love of the Sacred Heart, Garabandal, the MMP, Luisa and the Divine Will, His Holiness Benedict XVI and Luisa Piccarreta, Holy Rosary from the Chapel of the Luisa Piccarreta Association. /T1_0 50 0 R /BleedBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /T1_5 52 0 R /Contents 75 0 R /Rotate 0 /MediaBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] << I am turning to you during this horrible and desperate time to help me get through this and to remove any power of this curse. /T1_2 52 0 R A brief curse might be as simple as "whoever downvoted my question, let his name be given over to Mercury" (see Uley 3 for a fragmentary example). /Resources << /Rotate 0 /ProcSet [/PDF /Text] >> At the beginning of Christopher Marlowe's Tragedy of Dr. Faustus, we find Faustus in his study surfeited with . Let them become as dust before the wind: and let the Angel of the Lord straighten them. /ExtGState << 29 0 obj /T1_2 49 0 R Amen. /ProcSet [/PDF /Text] No similar word exists in Germanic, Romance, or Celtic. /GS0 48 0 R /GS0 48 0 R +No longer dare, cunning serpent, to deceive the human race, to persecute Gods Church, to strike Gods elect and to sift them as wheat. /CropBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /Fm0 65 0 R /MediaBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] Up yours. /Count 5 /T1_1 49 0 R Hence confiding in thy protection and guardianship, >> /GS1 61 0 R 15 0 obj /Parent 9 0 R Msgr. /T1_5 52 0 R endstream /Font << Archbishop Picchierri 2015 leaders breakout meeting! >> /Contents 81 0 R "Our Father in Latin"This is an educational video that teaches the Our Father prayer in Latin. 800-621-1008 Please review our Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions. /Type /Catalog /BleedBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] Newsletter Number 19 Meditation on the Seven Sacraments from the diaries of the Servant of God Luisa Piccarreta by Fr. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I now bring the fullness of his cross, death, blood, and /Contents 83 0 R /Rotate 0 >> /ProcSet [/PDF /Text] >> /MediaBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /T1_1 49 0 R R. men. /TrimBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /Font << 19 0 obj V. Ut Ecclsiam tuam secra tbi fcias libertte servre, Leonardo DAscenzo, the Archbishop of Trani-Barletta-Bisceglie, THE HOURS OF THE PASSION OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, The Immaculate Conception in the Divine Will, The Power of Divine Mercy in the Divine Will, The Servant of God Luisa Piccarreta and the Saints. /Resources << << /GS0 48 0 R I realize all the mistakes I made. /ColorSpace << 57, 2017 nisticae, amatoriae and in fures.13 In the modern taxonomy a new category named as "prayers for justice" is now used for the texts; the category is only loosely identifiable with Audollent's curses in fures. I have been reading the scripture to find solace and a way to lift this from my life and one of the first things I read Lord was Like a sparrow in its flying, a curse that is causeless does not alight this gives me amazing solace and relief. /CropBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /XObject << /F5 53 0 R /GS1 61 0 R >> >> Translation: "I implore you, spirit, whoever you are, and I command you to torment and kill the horses of the green and white teams from this hour on, from this day on, and to kill Clarus, Felix, Primulus, and Romanus, the charioteers.". /Resources << /BleedBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /Font << /BleedBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /ProcSet [/PDF /Text] endobj /Parent 11 0 R /MediaBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] >> . >> /T1_1 49 0 R /ExtGState << stream See where the Most Holy Sacrifice of the Mass was Celebrated and the Crucifix that Luisa Received the Stigmata from. /Font << I also ask that you would provide for my needs, so that I may live a life of abundance. >> /ArtBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /Rotate 0 /Contents 64 0 R /Direction /L2R /ArtBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /GS1 61 0 R << /Parent 8 0 R Heavenly Father, I come before you today to ask for your protection and guidance. However, there is more to this verse than meets the eye. /ArtBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /Parent 11 0 R /CropBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] >> /Type /Pages 20 Deliverance Prayer To Break Curses And Spells - Prayerguide There is no doubt our heavenly father the Lord God listens to our prayer. application/pdf /T1_2 52 0 R /T1_5 52 0 R /Type /Page >> /BleedBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] >> /BleedBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /XObject << /Filter /FlateDecode >> /T1_1 49 0 R . >> << Other aspects of the method might work, though (Joking aside, thanks! /XObject << /Rotate 0 Enjoy a prayer for Catholic school teachers for back-to-school, Catholic Schools Week, or anytime throughout the year. /ProcSet [/PDF /Text] Per emdem Chrstum Dminum nstrum. /TrimBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /T1_1 51 0 R /GS0 48 0 R /GS0 48 0 R /MediaBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /Rotate 0 Heavenly Father, I come before you today to ask for your help. PRAYERS to implore the beatification of the Servant of GodLUISA PICCARRETA, The Brown Scapular and The Sabbatine Privilege, Chaplet of the Divine Will by St. Annibale Di Francia, Consecration to Jesus Christ, King of the Universe, Prodigies of the Blessed Virgin Mary Book, Read the documents of the Second Vatican Council in one year for less than ten minutes a day, Readings and Prayers for the Coming Feasts, The Holy Mass Explained to Catalina Rivas, Twelve Reasons From The Teachings Of The Church For Wanting To Spend One Hour With Jesus In The Blessed Sacrament, Servant of God Mother Maria Nazarena Maione, Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel Short and Long versions, Start A Spiritual Network in your diocese, St. Annibale and Luisa Piccarreta: two souls united in the Divine Will, A Life more Celestial than terrestrial in the words of Saint Annibale Di Francia, Feastday of St. Annibale Maria di Francia June 1st, His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI blesses the statue of Saint Annibale Maria Di Francia at Basilica Saint Peter in the Vatican, Rome on Wednesday, July 7, 2010 at 10:15 hour, Letters from St. Annibale Di Francia to Luisa Piccarreta, Prayer of St. Annibale to Our Lady for Vocations, Seventeen Years Saint Annibale Maria Di Francia, St. Annibale Di Francia Painting at the Church of the Rogation Fathers in Rome, St. Annibale Maria di Francia Prayers, Vocation Information and Links, Video of Pope Benedict XVI Blessing statue of St. Annibale di Francia 7/7/2010, Prayer of St. Annibale di Francia to Mary Immaculate, Supplication to Saint Mary the Greek for the end of the pandemic, The Children of the Divine Will and The Saints of the Redemption, The dates for the International Divine Will Congress in Corato, Italy will be from the 22nd 26th of April 2015, The episcopal ordination of Msgr. "OLD, LIKE PUTRID GORE". stream /Pages 4 0 R /T1_2 49 0 R ", which seem to mean something like "That Jupiter destroys you!". /GS0 48 0 R /T1_0 50 0 R This is true of religion. They encircle me with words of hate and attack me without cause. See this and other Marian resources. Let their way become dark and slippery: and let the Angel of the Lord pursue them. Given that crucifixion was humiliating punishment, this is clearly a terrible insult. V. Fat misericrdia tua Dmine, super nos. /ExtGState << >> /MediaBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] >> /T1_2 51 0 R /GS1 61 0 R /GS0 48 0 R >> 2. /Fm0 65 0 R /TrimBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] This partially broken lead tablet refers to the "theft" of a woman named Vilbia by an unknown person; whether Vilbia was the curse-givers girlfriend, concubine, or slave is unclear. 8 0 obj /ArtBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /MediaBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /ProcSet [/PDF /Text /ImageC] /T1_3 67 0 R /BleedBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] endobj /ArtBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] << /T1_1 51 0 R Let this prayer remove fear from curses and any anger towards the sender where it is felt. endobj To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. /Type /Page /Type /Page Perhaps there's a list of curse tablet texts somewhere? /Resources << /T1_1 49 0 R It was found at the site of Rauranum in western France and dates to the late 3rd century CE. >> The month of June is set apart for devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I assume there's an idiomatic way to phrase "please take this offering and kill that other guy" in classical Latin. Ebria vi monam agere nequeati in eqoleo. /Type /Pages Amen.] The tablet was found near Frankfurt, Germany and dated to the 1st century CE. /GS1 61 0 R /BleedBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /Kids [12 0 R 13 0 R 14 0 R 15 0 R 16 0 R] }jnI]yz5lhbe$A$Nycc u%.Pi/#Vh6FafZ;##uy4=L.19F^usU%v/ {O, @m>K_nN x7Qo[:,?YQ*D[/JAX1R2wT3o:7_ Y What a bimbo! /T1_4 52 0 R Why does Mister Mxyzptlk need to have a weakness in the comics? << In northern Europe surviving examples of charms include the famous "Merseburg Incantations," two medieval magic spells written in Old High German which were discovered in . Have your prayer to remove a curse submitted all over the world: Then, you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, Amen. 11 0 obj /Parent 4 0 R 2 0 obj Some of the more inventive could be used in our 21st-century livesjust swap out the Roman names and use your imagination to get dark magic to do your bidding. /T1_1 49 0 R ad infestatines diablicae frudis repellndas in nmine Jsu Chrsti Dei et Dmini nstri fidntes et secri agrdimur. This is an especially nasty curse on the culprit who stole Verios clothes, because being devoured by worms was seen as a particularly gruesome, undignified death. sicut in caelo et in terra. /T1_1 49 0 R The cause of great harm, evil, or misfortune; that which brings evil or severe affliction; torment. /Rotate 0 /ProcSet [/PDF /Text] Prayer that will remove all curses - How the prayer should be used God can drive the evil work of others from us. /GS1 61 0 R Please recommend Reference Grammar for someone with an undergraduate degree in Linguistics, Replacing broken pins/legs on a DIP IC package, Surly Straggler vs. other types of steel frames, How to tell which packages are held back due to phased updates. /Subtype /XML >> Transformed into an angel of light, with the entire horde of wicked spirits he goes about everywhere and takes possession of the earth, so that therein he may blot out the Name of God and of His Christ and steal away, afflict and ruin unto everlasting destruction the souls destined for a crown of eternal glory. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Where the See of the Blessed Peter and the Chair of Truth have been set up for the light of the Gentiles, there they have placed the throne of the abomination of their wickedness, so that, the Pastor having been struck, they may also be able to scatter the flock. /XObject << Lord help all those who feel that weight, take it from them and let your Love replace that heaviness. Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. /XObject << V. O Lord, hear my prayer. Amen. I destroy, burn with the Divine Fire all my curses cast in the past, present and future consciously and forever. /Filter /FlateDecode False :(, We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup. endobj /Resources << >> /Resources << Stoop beneath the all-powerful Hand of God; tremble and flee when we invoke the Holy and terrible Name of Jesus, this Name which causes hell to tremble, this Name to which the Virtues, Powers and Dominations of heaven are humbly submissive, this Name which the Cherubim and Seraphim praise unceasingly repeating: Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord, the It is considered religion to invoke the true God, but it is . /T1_3 73 0 R Discover teachings on prayer through St. Paul's letters. /Fm0 65 0 R /GS0 48 0 R /Fm0 65 0 R Behold, the ancient enemy and murderer strongly raises his head! /T1_2 52 0 R Pulsa deNura, Pulsa diNura or Pulsa Denoura (Imperial Aramaic: "The Lashes of Fire") is a purportedly ancient Kabbalistic ceremony in which the destroying angels are invoked to block heavenly forgiveness of the subject's sins, allegedly causing all the curses named in the Bible to befall him resulting in his death. One standard work that includes far more than Latin texts is Gager's Curse Tablets and Binding Spells from the Ancient World], though I highly recommend everyone check out Daniel Ogden's Magic, Witchcraft, and Ghosts in the Greek and Roman Worlds, an excellent sourcebook with tons of curse examples. The wrongdoers will all fave their judgment and are punished. Some might be simply folded in half, while others were pierced with nails, marked with some of the target's hair or blood, or even shaped into a miniature likeness of the target before being pierced (like a Hollywood "voodoo doll"). V. That Thy Church may serve Thee in peace and liberty: Latin Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, teachers, and students wanting to discuss the finer points of the Latin language. Is there a single-word adjective for "having exceptionally strong moral principles"? 6/20/13 Letter from the Archbishop of Trani: Census of the Divine Will Groups. 40 0 obj /Contents 92 0 R + mperat tbi Deus altssimus, + cui in mgna tua suprbia te smile habri dhuc praesmis; qui mnes hminess vult slvos feri, et ad agnitinem verittis venre (1 Tim 2). /Contents 79 0 R /GS1 61 0 R /Contents 88 0 R I know Lord that I want to feel your warmth and seek those good days in your light and love and all I can feel at the moment is darkness and threat. xmp.did:2E8901450C206811822AD78495854072 I have a stronger desire to bathe in your love and to seek comfort with you so I find myself sending to this prayer to remove a curse to you instead. Amen.Requiem aeternamRequiem aeternam dona eis, Domine,et lux perpetua luceat eis.Requiescatant in pace.Amen. (More to be added periodically.) ), @Draconis I am entirely ignorant on Greek, so I cannot help you with that. We beseech Thee through Jesus Christ Our Lord. She was buried on September 7 in the convent cemetery. More than 1500 tabletsinscribed in Latin or Greek, and scribbled on bits of recycled metal, pottery, and rockhave been found from Britain to north Africa, sealed with nails and hidden away in graves, wells, and natural springs. /MediaBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /Resources << Prayer to Jesus Christ on the Cross and Our Blessed Mother at the foot of the Cross for a happy death in the Divine Will. Amen. Offer our prayers in the sight of the Most High, so that the mercies of the Lord may quickly come to our aid, that thou mayest seize the dragon, the ancient serpent, who is the devil and satan and that having bound him, thou mayest cast him into the bottomless pit, so that he may no more seduce the nations (Apoc 20:3). /F7 55 0 R I don't know if there is a reliable cursing guide somewhere out there, but I'm sure I can survive without one if I have good examples. For Greek, the standard corpus is the Papyri Graecae Magicae (PGM). /Type /Pages Adobe InDesign CS6 (Macintosh) I also know that there are curses and covenants that have been placed upon me. endobj /Length 1115 /Type /Page /Font << /BleedBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] This was a longer prayer we shared with our YouTube congregation. /Rotate 0 >> /Fm0 65 0 R /Contents 84 0 R /Type /Page /BleedBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] Discovered in a grave in Roman Britain dating to the early 2nd century CE, this curse was written backwards on a lead tablet, perhaps to make it more potent. /Parent 11 0 R /MediaBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /TrimBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /XObject << Vde stana, invntor et magster mnis fallciae, hstis humnae saltis. V. That Thou may crush down all enemies of Thy Church: /MediaBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] /Fm0 62 0 R (n.). /XObject << /XObject << >> 4 0 obj >> /ArtBox [0.0 0.0 476.22 680.315] I confess to the Lord that I have felt that need strongly at times. Latin Prayers - Traditional Catholic Prayers | Traditional Catholic /ProcSet [/PDF /Text] >> Suppose I want to curse someone I want to ask some gods or spirits to do evil upon a particular person. Curse . /T1_0 50 0 R >> stream /T1_0 50 0 R Give place to Christ in Whom you have found none of your works; give place to the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church acquired by Christ at the price of His Blood. /ProcSet [/PDF /Text] /Kids [7 0 R 8 0 R 9 0 R 10 0 R 11 0 R] Traditional Catholic Prayers in Latin. /XObject << 2023 Loyola Press. endobj /Rotate 0 /Resources << /Font << /ExtGState << /Type /Page endobj /Fm0 62 0 R 33 0 obj This curse upon me has no merit, therefore it has no weight, therefore it is wingless and cannot harm me. 31 0 obj /Producer (Adobe PDF Library 10.0.1) >> /GS1 61 0 R discuss in detail the parallels among the Greek and Latin curses, (3) to reexamine the two Canaanite texts in light of these parallels and in the process to clarify some obscurities and interpretative problems in both, and (4) to revisit Fox's thesis that the Greek and .