I purchased a Kenmore Elite LG 795.7107 5 yrs and 5 months ago. Diagnosed with failed sealed system and compressor. I purchase a Kenmore Elite refrigerator in 2016. I called the corporate office this morning and was sent back to the same customer service number. In doing research, this compressor is known by both Sears & LG to be faulty and there have been previous class action lawsuits related to the compressor. (47 pages) Refrigerator Kenmore Elite 795.71082.01 series Service Manual. My 3 year old frig stopped cooling 4 months after my extended warranty was up and a tech told me all was well with it. He said that's just the way they sound. Sears will not because they know that LG knows there is a defect in the compressor. I have call several times. I purchased it on July 4 of 2018 and it just stopped working two days ago. Kenmore 99059 4.5 cu. Lost all of our food. Not expectable. The technician said that the I needed a new condenser which would be no charge because that's covered under the manufacturer's warranty and labor I would be responsible for unless I purchased an additional warranty that would cover all the parts for $49 a month but it would cut the $495 in half. Guess how much a new compressor is? I just had to pay 500 for a new inverter- after waiting more than 2 weeks for the part, I have to pay another 250 for another board that the new inverter says was not working. The compressor was still under warranty but we had to pay over $400 to get the refrigerator fixed. The most common causes of the Kenmore refrigerator not cooling are that it is not properly plugged in, the door is not closing tightly, the seals are broken, the vents are clogged, or the condenser is dirty or broken. Called Sears for service, they no longer service my area after my extended service lapsed in 2020. Lights not turning off in my Kenmore Elite Refrigerator model# 79577563600 causing the plastic cover to melt. Leaking Freon. I am pretty sure I just got rooked on a lemon model and manufacturer compressor issue that has effected numerous consumers and should be a class action suit if not recalled and replaced. Tech said compressor was burning hot (huge fire potential?). On top of that I have to keep my warranty for a year which is about $600. 1000 dollars to have it fix. I bought a Kenmore Elite 12/04/2015 for $2,872.58. Sears couldn't get a repairman to my house for over 2 weeks, so I called an independent repairman. That is UNACCEPTABLE! Replaced FF evaporated. I also missed the deadline for the lawsuit. You are an example of one of those people. He said, "It's out of Freon, they all so that" He proceeded to tell my husband that it's and LG product and a piece of crap. Had a repair man out and he said it is the compressor and that many people are having a problem with the LG compressor used in the Sear Kenmore Elite refrigerators. October 2019 it died stopped cooling in both refrigerator and the freezer water leaking out of the ice maker as the ice melted. Compressor never begin cooling or freezing. Then ice maker went out a month later. Compact Refrigerator - Silver. Good times. of course lost a fridge full of food. To repair is $1000 even though Sears only warrants the compressor. I then replaced water filter and air filter thing maybe a sensor tripped. Best way to make something use less power is to make it smaller, only problem is the load doesn't change. We purchased the extended warranty through Sears. i know Sears wont do anything. I bought a Kenmore on 2017 and now I'm being told that I need a compressor and I the repairs are $1,200. 2017 kenmore elite model # 795.73165.610 refrigerator purchased new with extended home warranty 11/29/17- 11/29/22. A: Your Kenmore refrigerator should still work. We had to pay for two service calls for same problem and refrigerator still wouldn't freeze. I called the number and was taken back to Sears who said that the fridge is not under warranty. facebook; twitter; Liked Your Experience? Isn't that convenient. Repairman came and steamed all of the ice off of the back and put it back together again. I didn't think I needed to buy it because most refrigerators last longer than a year??? LG service is no help they are stating unit is out of warranty. Quit cooling 4/9/20. Im senior on social security. He said several other parts associated with the compressor will also need to be replaced since they are connected/integrated with the compressor. Since you paid for an extended warranty, Sears should . I had to actually take a picture of my inside label of frig with the warranty book next to it! They told us it was just the ventsto wait 48 hours. It took over an hour to get through only to speak to someone outside of the US and with a heavy accent whom I could not understand. I purchased a Kenmore Elite Grab and go Model 795.740.411 in Sept 2015. He removed the drawer, used a hairdryer to melt the ice. I then called sears back and they basically said too bad because you didn't purchase the extended warranty. Is this model part of lawsuit? Compressor died in June 2021. I'm so frustrated that I have to buy a new refrigerator after 1.5 yrs!! Overall, here are the potential causes of the leaking: Despite it being a known issue, since we were at the 17 month mark (vs. being within the first year), we were faced with the choice of repairing the refrigerator out of pocket, or recycling it to try another refrigerator. Just found out about this recall online now. By August 2020 developed a noise. I then called into LG trying to explain what is going on and the woman hung up on me. He said that LG/Kenmore appliances are complete garbage! Aug 16, 2019. Now the compresser needs replacing. WE lost around $700.00 worth of food in the refrigerator when it went out. I have a house full of lg appliances and have had problems with all of them resulting in repair or replacement. After 4 phone calls to Kenmore who repeatedly transferred call without checking for recall, on the 4th call I was told there is a recall. After 7 days of no frig, and fighting with the customer service just to try and find anyone who will service LG in my area -my new other brand frig will be delivered tomorrow and the LG removed and taken to the trash. 99. . Kenmore Fridge is Not Cooling. It is not working. I bought an Kenmore fridge from Sears January 2017 and by July 2019 I need a new fridge. We trashed most of the food, which isnt cheap, especially when you have hungry teenage boys in the house! The compressor is the only part still under warranty. Called sears and they suggested I buy a Service plan to save 50% on repairs. Be the first one to find this review helpful. Sears sells JUNK and only warranty it for first 12 months, after that lapses, they push you towards purchasing extended warranty, and abuse the protection to their benefit. Our refrigerator is 3 years old and they said fortunately the compressor is covered but labor is $650! He determined the compressor is not functioning and needs to be replaced. It may be the condenser, which should be covered. Bought my Kenmore Bottom Freezer refrigerator Model 7957249 on Dec. 24 2017. I called and was told they couldnt get to me till next week and I would have to pay 99 dollars just for them coming out. Purchased a Kenmore Elite 795.7248 sold as model 72483 and is manufactured by LG. Part and labor is expensive to replace. I bought a Kenmore Elite in May 2014. This company used to be great and now it is horrible! I was just not convinced and asked him to order a new circuit board, which he reluctantly did. I have a Kenmore Elite model 795.72059.112 frig. I would be out $1100 for repair. I purchased a refrigerator in 2018 it stop working I have to.pay for labor over 600 dollars. The second time in barely 3 months (Hurricane Ida and Nicholas). Trying to recoup the cost paid for labor and food lost. THIS THING IS A LEMON! Sears says Kenmore. Compact Refrigerator. Bought a Kenmore Elite mod 795.73167.610 on May 22 2019Quit cooling on10/20/21called for service next day..got in their robot system (terrible system) farmed out to India or elsewhere..couldn't understand people i talked to..bottom line best repair date 11/8/21. Ice Drop Refrigerator Water Filter Compatible with Kenmore 9083 09083 469083 469020 . I have lost all of my refrigerated and frozen items. A&E sends same repair man to my house without the part and says LG only assigned an assessment call. Serial #811kr00668. I wish I would have known better. Entirely unbelievable! Purchased LG Kenmore Elite refrigerator in July or August of 2013. Bottom freezer refrigerator (46 pages) Refrigerator Kenmore 795.72033 Service Manual. We have had Sears home warranty and Sears home services to the house twice for a total of three times to fix this refrigerator. The whole inside of the bottom freezer draw forms a layer of ice. Refrigerator was not cooling then noticed freezer was not freezing yesterday. To the group of investors who bought out Sears, you can stick this brand up your giggy! We had purchased the Kenmore Elite 795.74023 refrigerator with ice maker in the door. My husband doesnt understand how I could not have known this thing was a P.O.S before we purchased as I research everything down to the wire. Not sure where to turn. I called a repairman who checked the unit and confirmed that the compressor was bad. Since, it's not an Elite Sears will not cover repair. Discovered it was an LG refrigerator & I should contact the LG Center for service (Big mistake). He passed away three years ago and now Im having to deal with the compressor going out on the Kenmore. Most common Sears Kenmore Elite refrigerator parts that need replacing. The same thing happened to our previous LG refrigerator that died after 4 yrs of ownership. For what we paid for it I figured we would get a lot of years out of it. I've never paid as much for a refrigerator as I did for this one and I've never had any issues with any other refrigerator that I have ever owned but this one! I would like to get in on a class action lawsuit but at 76 years old not sure how to do that. But appliances can break down. Have waited 5 weeks now to get a 2 year old refrigerator fixed. I purchased a complete Kenmore Elite black stainless bundle (refrigerator, oven, microwave, dishwasher, washer, dryer) in 2017. Not cooling and food went bad. Any lawyers want to do this again? Production date says 2019.05. Seemed he had no idea what he was saying or doing. Sign me up for a class action lawsuit. Very disappointed in Kenmore s quality should have lasted longer perched Oct 2012. The technician told us it would be $1000 to repair unless we signed up for the appliance warranty that would cover all the household appliances ($500). He replaced the part and mentioned that it may not work and something major could be wrong. Found out it only had a One Year warranty! Your Kenmore 795 is made by LG, there have been many problems with the compressors failing, in fact there is a class action . What a rip off, these foreign products are to the American Consumer. I paid for a premium appliance to get a better value and longevity of my appliance and it hasn't lasted 3 years of normal use. I had a service person come out and diagnosed it as a failed compressor. Should be able to file a lawsuit for this. Please Help! Two service appointments were set up and no one showed up the latest being this week. Cost 2600.00 new. I took delivery of my Kenmore Elite on June 2, 2022 and the compressor stopped working on July 9, 2022. It is freaking brand new and I paid some man over $300 for 4.5 hrs and paid $330 for a new control board to try and diagnose the problem and it seems that its not the control board or the fan. Have been 3 months without a refrigerator and Sears still will not repair the faulty compressor in our Kenmore Elite french door refrigerator. Initially I was told the technician could not be booked until July 28, but thankfully I checked 10 times a day or more and was able to grab an earlier date due to a cancellation. Replaced the main board hours ago and the temp in the fridge is now 78 degrees. The technician said that the I needed a new condenser which would be no charge because that's the only thing covered under the "warranty" but the other parts and labor I would be responsible for unless I purchased an additional warranty that would cover all the parts for $600 a year but it would cut the $858.23 in half. Purchased a Kenmore Elite Bottom Freezer Model 795.7249 in the fall of 2017. April 7, 2003. It took multiple calls, long waiting times, $540 out of pocket and 3 trips by the repair company but we finally got it repaired mid October. compressor/sealed system has failed. Well now it has stopped working and we can't even find anyone to come out and service it since it's a Sears Kenmore Elite! Called LG customer service right away. LG ice maker not working model LFX31925ST/00, after many issues, not making ice, ice dam in throat of dispenser and now the tray broke while rotating to release cubes, we no longer have a functioning ice maker. I purchased a kenmore Elite refrigerator in August of 2015. Sears was of no help when I called so I hired a local repairman to come take a look. Sad that foreign made products are made so inferior. He said the compressor is completely shot, and it's not worth it to replace the compressor. LG wants to pass along the fault to the place of purchase. I just had my Kenmore refrigerator, Model# 79570323310 (purchased date 02/2016) with 3 year warranty from Sears just suddenly stop cooling after owning it less than 3 years and 7 months. I discover that this KENMORE ELITE name, which I know and trust and buy for its quality and performance and durability/dependability , is just on the outside when its actually an LG. They should not continue to sell this junk. Now that I am reading about what others have gone through I am beyond angry that sears allowed any of them to be sold and are still selling them. They obviously know the problems, yet lie to their customers. I called Sears, paid the $90 to have repair tech come out. We replaced the first one when the compressor went out in 2019, with another Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator Stainless Steel. Called Sears Repair on 8/24/19 and they gave us a date of 9/10/19 for the technician to "diagnose" the problem although we kept telling them that we were sure it was the compressor. If there is a lawsuit please sign me up, as I know in my heart I will not be compensated. I bought all new kitchen appliances from Sears for my new house. It was delivered on 9/10/2015 and the compressor has just died. I am beyond frustrated with Sears. Our fridge went out 1 year 5 months after we bought it. Tech replaced compressor to no avail. Then they kept switching me from one department to another without resolution. My kenmore with lg compressor went out .3 years old.nothing but thecrun around from both sears and LG .3 weeks of phone calls and neither wants to take any resposibility .i dont think i will ever by another product from either company.customer service is terrible. I too bought a Kenmore on May 24, 2017 and now I'm being told that I need a compressor and I the repairs are $1,200. Ive lost food and now I do not have a refrigerator due to the financial burden this has put on me. The least efficient appliances consume 115% more than the common. I called Sears and they said it's under . My repair guy told me there was a civil lawsuit going on. Kenmore Ellite. This one will cost about $1600 to replace the compressor. The tech said compressor is bad. I requested to speak with supervisor. OMG, done with sears. The local repair man said the replacement compressor would most likely fail in 4 years or less, and recommended I buy a new refrigerator. Step 6: Finish Up. I live in a rural area so distance would probably increase the uncovered labor charges! I found out my Kenmore is an LG with a bad rating. We had a tech come to check it and the teach said the compressor and cooing coil were no longer working. I was told it is the compressor and that LG has now built a universal compressor for all their fridges but then this compressor will not work with existing control board, therefore it will also need to be changed. 4mo ago water stopped dispensing, thought it was clogged. The compressor is essentially a pump; its purpose is to . This is the second Kemore Elite French door refrigerator with freezer in the bottom Stainless Steel in 9 years to have the compressor go out. The technician came and this time, he was over 2 hours late, no call or text. We called different repair places in the area and no will work on LG Refrigerators. I have a Kenmore elite bought it new from Sears refrigerator quit working not getting cold, after talking to a technician giving him all the information and my model number he's informed me that everything that I have described to him and everything that I checked leads to a bad compressor, stated there was a lawsuit against it. Compact Refrigerator - Stainless Steel. I AM LIVID!! This LG model compressor is defective and the local appliance repairman refused to service it because of its faulty nature and history of lawsuits. Told by three different repairman at least 1500.00 job and not worth repairing, The equivalent refrigerator costs 3,500. We had no problems with it until January 2022. I found out from Sears Home Appliance guy that it is the compressor. Is this refrigerator model in any kind of recall. The compressor is supposed to be under warranty for 10 years, but I have heard complaints that there is $150 dollar service fee for the technician to come out and confirm the issue is the compressor. Steer away from Kenmore. I said no way, I PAID for that feature and how could they tell me sorry?