Larry W. Butler Nashville, TN. cemeteries found in Lowell, Lake County, Indiana, USA will be saved to your photo volunteer list. 10:39 pm, Discovered the Steel Woods when they opened for Cody Jinks in Dubuque IA a couple of years ago, they quickly became one of my favorite bands. Hell be very sorely missed.Jason Cope started The Steel Woods with lead singer/guitar player Wes Bayliss. One of my favorite bands of the past few years. New record coming in 2021. pic.twitter.com/BonNYeDh4s, The Steel Woods (@thesteelwoods) December 2, 2020, The Steel Woods Founder & Guitar Player Jason Rowdy Cope Has Passed Away. In early 2019 they released their latest record Old News to much critical acclaim. 9:39 pm. Jamey is still one of the best, but that sound of the original band hasnt been duplicated. thanks Trigger. Cope's loss has shaken the band's passionate fanbase and the music community at large. based on information from your browser. 7:30 am. This browser does not support getting your location. John Preece will officiate. He taught me how to grow up, really. He grew up in Oak Harbor, WA and graduated from Oak Harbor High School. cemeteries found within kilometers of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. Heart broken doesnt even touch the feelings inside me. Find the obituary of Jason Dewayne Cope (1976 - 2021) from Ashland City, TN. There are no volunteers for this cemetery. He grew up in Black Mountain, NC. Oops, some error occurred while uploading your photo(s). As a guitarist he was a force, as a songwriter he was an emotion with a pen, as a friend he was loyal and dependable to the end and as for me, he was my brother.Brent Cobb said upon Rowdys passing, He schooled me on everything. January 17, 2021 @ 0 cemeteries found in Lowell, Lake County, Indiana, USA. This story will be updated as further information becomes available. Resend Activation Email, Please check the I'm not a robot checkbox, If you want to be a Photo Volunteer you must enter a ZIP Code or select your location on the map. He was 42 years old. Jason Cope and I once got stuck in the same parking garage together. Last concert we saw before everyone went to shit. Your account has been locked for 30 minutes due to too many failed sign in attempts. One of the best country, outlaw, honky tonk bands and sound Ive ever heard. Rest in peace. So young, it hurts more. No animated GIFs, photos with additional graphics (borders, embellishments. 42 Comments. From Texas to Tennessee, Appalachia to Bakersfield, Whiskey Riff is THE unapologetic voice of the country music fan. 8:53 am, I have a signed copy of a release with an axe in a log. If you would like to customise your choices, click 'Manage privacy settings'. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and all who knew him. Laying it down in the studio this week. norrie Preceded in death by his grandparents Irene and Hugh Brown; uncles,. The family will welcome friends on Saturday evening from 5 until 8 p.m. at Livingston Funeral Home. This is a huge loss for the music community. If we did, they never caught us. Kristy Pruitt I had the pleasure of hearing the Steel Woods open up for Whiskey Myers in Michigan in Jan of 2020 & it was a show I shall never forget since both bands rocked it! To add a flower, click the Leave a Flower button. Burial arrangements under the direction of Woodlawn Memorial Park. There is a problem with your email/password. Jason 'Rowdy' Cope, . Knaw. Funeral homes . Jason Cope was the wily veteran, while Wes Bayliss was the promising up-and comer. He played guitar with the heart and soul of a virtuoso and the passion of a freedom fighter, Jamey Johnson says of Rowdy. 9 Comments. April 8, 2021 @ Olivia Gabrielle Conrad, age 24, of Nashville, Tennessee passed away on Monday, February 27, 2023. Start typing to see results or hit ESC to close, The Panhandlers Are Back & Better Than Ever With Sophomore Studio Album, Tough Country, Watch Morgan Wallens Entire One Thing At A Time Album Release Concert HERE, Mo Pitney Reimagines One Of His Childhood Favorites Alongside Ricky Skaggs, Marty Stuart & More, Morgan Wallen Breaks Two Spotify Single-Day Streaming Records, Occupies Top 15 Spots On Apple Music, Deer Crashes Through Window Of New York Hair Salon, Destroys Everything In Sight, Fisherman Just Walks Into The Water When Asked To Get Off The Property, Idaho Fish & Game Parachuted Beavers Out Of Planes To Relocate Them After World War II, Tourist Laughs As A Bull Elk Nearly Ends His Life, Saving Private Ryan Star Tom Sizemore Has Passed Away At 61, Jackson Mahomes Accused Of Assault By Kansas Waitress And Restaurant Owner, Chase Elliott To Miss This Weekends NASCAR Race In Las Vegas After Breaking His Leg In A Snowboarding Accident, Rebas The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia Goes Viral Amid Alex Murdaugh Trial, Whiskey Riff New Music Friday Playlist (3/3/23), Whiskey Riff New Music Friday Playlist (2/24/23), Whiskey Riff New Music Friday Playlist (2/17/23), Whiskey Riff New Music Friday Playlist (2/10/23), Whiskey Riff Raff Podcast with Muscadine Bloodline #4, Whiskey Riff Raff Podcast with Cole Chaney, Whiskey Riff Raff Podcast with Jesse Daniel, My Favorite Episodes Of The Whiskey Riff Raff Podcast From 2022. Country is more than just a steel guitar. HankThrilliams January 18, 2021 @ Try again. Hed always say the secret to success was keeping irons in the fire. He was the real damn deal. 6:39 pm. Highland Hills Funeral Home and Crematory - Nashville, TN Search Send Flowers Celebrate Life in Nashville's Newest and Finest State of the Art Facility Learn More Catherine Lorrane Dawson February 17, 2023 Visit Obituary Melvin Eugene Motley Sr. February 24, 2023 Visit Obituary Keviana Perry February 20, 2023 Visit Obituary Echovita Inc is a registered trademark. He was an extremely kind, funny, smart, and talented individual. Heres what really grabbed me about his playing. I had the pleasure of meeting him after a JJ show in Wabash. It was during the murder trial of Wayne Mills in Nashville. RIP, JB-Chicago This account already exists, but the email address still needs to be confirmed. If you have questions, please contact [emailprotected]. RIP. Guess I missed Triggers writing on them. 9:17 pm, Moondog 2017-2023 Tribute Archive. RIP Mr. It is with a broken and heavy heart that we share the news that our brother, friend and the founder of The Steel Woods, Jason Cope, has passed away, the band said in part. Big loss for country music. Legacy invites you to offer condolences and share memories of Jason in the Guest Book below. The Steel Woods shared the news Saturday evening (1-16) to many shocked fans. Comfort the family with flowers or a sympathy gift. Unbelievable loss to the world of music. Nobody accused me of positing for clicks when I was one of the first and only individuals to review and promote the debut record from The Steel Woods. No one could bend those strings like Jason, he was brilliant. Try again later. He will be missed. Sign up for service and obituary updates. Obviously my heart goes out to the family. Edit a memorial you manage or suggest changes to the memorial manager. A few hours later he took the stage and showed everyone in the crowd why he was one of the best young guitar players in country music. Find out more about how we use your personal data in our privacy policy and cookie policy. The North Carolina native played on Johnsons albums That Lonesome Song and The Guitar Song,co-wrote The Guitar Song track Cant Cash My Checks, and worked with artists like Brent Cobb as well. January 17, 2021 @ Kenny Dubman Rowdy was there every day of the trial for support for Waynes family, even when it snowed probably 12 inches on one of the days and the whole city shut down. Time slips away call a friend you havent talked to in a while and tell them you love them. Jason Cope started The Steel Woods with lead singer/guitar player Wes Bayliss. Man, sad sad news, how old was he? , Todd Pottinger Huntermc6 ? Shortly thereafter, I was able to see them play at Songbirds in Chattanooga. The album was nominated for Saving Country Musics Album of the Year. Failed to delete memorial. Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.marshalldonnellycombs.com for the. Let others know about your loved one's death. Your entry has exceeded the maximum character limit. The two met at a one-off gig in Nashville, and after a fishing retreat together, decided to give a new band a shot, hitting it off despite a 13-year age difference. Giving to charity is a meaningful way to honor someone who has died. 6:11 pm, Trigger This site is provided as a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC. What kind of arrangement is appropriate, where should you send it, and when should you send an alternative? 7:35 am. 11:17 pm, We had a few good times together after numerous concerts..he always remembered me and treated me like a pal..gonna miss ya brother!, Truth5 1:36 pm, What a devastating loss to the revitalization of Southern Rock music. January 16, 2021 @ Taking up guitar at age 11, he grew up listening to Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, as well as rock bands like Led Zepplin. But to accuse me of trying to generate clicks to a site that has cost me extreme expense both financially and personally for 13 years to keep going is not only incorrect, it is irresponsible, frankly unconscionable, and is born of Facebook-style gossipy bullshit being sowed by jealous parties and individuals who believe theyre rivals that has no basis in the reality of how the death of performers in the public space are covered, and have been for many decades, by many outlets. 8:55 am, RIP ROWDY, so sad you were called home. Bro. We take comfort in knowing he is in a better place now and his passion for music and art will live forever in the work he has left behind. Brent Cobb, Jamey Johnson, Jason "Rowdy" Cope, Jason Cope, The Steel Woods, Blackwater Its a lifestyle. 7:46 pm. The email does not appear to be a valid email address. Danny Cleary ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. He was 42. There might have been 100 people in that tiny room, but those boys played like it was a packed stadium. Thanks for your help! All photos appear on this tab and here you can update the sort order of photos on memorials you manage. 9:49 pm, Last live show I seen at The Ranch in Ft Myers before the Rona shit went down.Steel WoodsRowdy.RIP, John Lowe Browse Obituaries and Death Records in Nashville, Tennessee. Burial will be in the Aaron's Chapel Cemetery. Trigger Cope became familiar to fans performing onstage with Jamey Johnson for nearly a decade, and was an in-demand session guitarist, playing on albums by Lindi Ortega and the Secret Sisters, among others. Close this window, and upload the photo(s) again. There is 1 volunteer for this cemetery. Butler, Larry Winston, age 73 passed away Sunday, Feb 19, 2023 after a brief illness. I appreciate and respect that people are concerned for Jason Rowdy Cope and so am I. Share this memorial using social media sites or email. Both albums mixed elements of outlaw country and Southern rock with a blast of hard rock the group covered Black Sabbaths Hole in the Sky on Straw in the Wind and Changes on Old News. Add to your scrapbook. 6:30 pm, I know that Jack Mills, son of Wayne, was really close to Jason and the Steel Woods. He then attended NNU in Nampa, ID earning a Bachelor's degrees in Art, and went on to obtain a degree in . We are sad to announce that on December 29, 2021, at the age of 45, Jason Dewayne Cope (Ashland City, Tennessee), born in Nashville, Tennessee passed away. Cheatham County Funeral Home - Ashland City. The group's publicist confirmed. Obituary of Jason Lee Coyle. Drink with us. January 16, 2021 @ https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/18508642/jason-w-cope. Failed to report flower. All rights reserved. Sign up to receive exclusive discounts from Whiskey Riff Shop and breaking news. And with only a handful of years and a couple albums under their belt, theyre still in the early stages of their career. April worked as a CNA for Standing Stone Care & Rehabilitation Services. 3/17/1984. Founding guitarist for fast-rising and critically-acclaimed country and Southern rock band The Steel Woods, and long time session guitarist and touring member of Jamey Johnsons backing band Jason Rowdy Cope has died according to the band. We are writing this still in a state of shock and kindly ask for your prayers for the family, friends and band at this time.Nashville Police Department Public Affairs Manager Don Aaron tells Saving Country Music that Jason Copes passing is currently considered an unclassified death, pending an autopsy by the local Medical Examiner.