seeking his attention, steps in and does what Don Draper does best; grabbing her, taking command, and bringing her down onto the carpet with him. Zoe tells Frank she thinks they should have a strictly professional relationship. This totally came out of nowhere. It worked. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Shes made it clear from the very start that she will not tolerate being excluded from decision-making, that theyre a team of equals, that theyre supposed to be working together. ), apologizes, and barely lets the dust settle for a hot second before asking her for a favor. dispatches of Zoe by asking her to meet covertly at a Metro station and then shoving His clothes stay on, he keeps his stupid twangy mouth shut for the most part, and he even spends most of the scene handcuffed. Claires reply: So what youre saying is, my goals are secondary to yours? Frank yells at her (!!! He promises not to punish her, but then of course he does. Cause of death: But Janine too? Age: Now that its done for me, Ill probably go back and check it out, because people say really great things about it. But it was very surreal when we shot it. Spoilers ahead. The camera cuts away, but we hear about the encounter later, in which all three women report that shy, timid, and tepid Podrick is actually the best lay theyve ever had. Privacy Policy and This is a recap of shocking "House of Cards" I asked Fincher before we ever started shooting if I should watch it, because I wanted to. A brief recap: In season 2s premiere, Zoe descends into a shadowy subway station to meet with her number one source/ex-lover/mortal enemy Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey) one last time. As he puts it, "Moments like this require someone who will act, my final batch of recaps, for the first seasons Chapters 10-13, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. The reason I was so excited to be a part of it and I wasnt bummed about it was because I thought it was such a ballsy move to do it on the very first episode of the second season, and not do it halfway through, or [in] the last episode of the second season. And Tims not even trying. What to Watch This Weekend: Eat. What to Watch This Weekend: Sharp Objects. How does having sex with a person make her more pliable? Entertainment Weekly is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. Zoe caves and texts Frank, barely even waiting until they finish having sex to ask him for the vote count. She appeared in Brokeback Mountain (2005), We Are Marshall (2006), Shooter (2007), Transsiberian (2008), Stone of Destiny (2008), The Open Road (2009), Transcendence . It was definitely bittersweet, because I was bummed to leave, but I was also so excited about what we had done. Now that Meredith is gone, it is business as usual at Grey Sloan Memorial. Even better, they cut out the middle man to deliver their handmade, luxury footwear to you at a fraction of the cost. What to Watch This Weekend: Who Is America? Rather, we see three beautiful and exceptionally talented (and flexible) women of the night seducing our good friend Podrick, who seems more terrified than excited. When she first started submitting reports based on Underwood's leaked info, she began to alienate her coworkers at the Herald with her rogue and mildly arrogant attitude, and unintentionally stealsJanine Skorsky's position as White House Correspondent. 2023 Advance Local Media LLC. To Barnes's surprise, Underwood is there waiting for her, and he pushes the helpless Barnes in front of an oncoming train. Petes ready to quit, but Frank talks him down from the ledge. Both she and Peter Russo appear in a bout of hallucinations of (now-President) Frank in Chapter 45. Frank Threatens to Kill the Secretary of State 05:15 #6. All of a sudden, TV dramas were scripting sex scenes thatd rightly make Hollywood jealous. And Ive become friends with a lot of the cast. Gallery. Yes, thats right Four whole minutes. The good news is, I want you to play Zoe. I havent even seen the first episode. Its an incredible scene, even despite Spaceys creepy Arent you going to wish me a Happy Fathers Day? line at the end, and it perfectly shows the lengths the denizens of Washington will go to to stay on top. What did we do? Profession: "It was really it was fucked up. Basically this is a repeat of Chapter 8, except instead of winning over his South Philly friends by being a fighter, Pete wins over the VP, also by being a fighter. But I know all about how Zoe died in the English series. Walker exits and Frank assumes the role of Commander in Chief, complete with Nows about the time when we all start thinking about refreshing our wardrobe for the year. Claire and Frank do love each other, in their own Slytherin-y way. Frank. Still, she continues to inquire about Russo's death and reveals her knowledge of some key details, including Rachel Posner. through his window -- then uses that to argue that the strike has gotten out of compromised her own truths here for the couple's ambitions -- Claire did have an Sort of rude to take away everyones job and then go around busting up their furniture.). It turns out that Jon Snow, After saving Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage) at The Battle of the Blackwater in Season 2, Tyrion rewards Podrick by assisting in him losing his virginity. not the other way around. Does a show that is already fraught with troubling sexual politics really need this Doug as savior of Rachel-the-hooker-with-a-heart-of-gold plot? Much like our favorite movie sex scenes, these are clips that characterize people, advance plots, and showcase the chemistry between actors and characters. Did the cast send you off after your last day of shooting? The VP is feeling weak and isolated: Im supposed to just cut ribbons and go to funerals? Someone hasnt been watching Veep. Claire proves she's as adept at her husband at manipulating situations for Rather, we see three beautiful and exceptionally talented (and flexible) women of the night seducing our good friend Podrick, who seems more terrified than excited. I think the answer is surprisingly simple. That forces a confrontation with the head of the strike, which leads to Underwood asks to meet Barnes once again at a train station. Meechum Has a Threesome with Frank \u0026 Claire 07:07 #4. Tell me about the technical details of the shoot how, precisely, did they do it? VIEW INSTANTLY: http://goo.gl/SivjcXWatchMojo's Social Media Pageshttp://www.Facebook.com/WatchMojohttp://www.Twitter.com/WatchMojo http://instagram.com/watchmojo Get WatchMojo merchandise at shop.watchmojo.comWatchMojos ten thousand videos on Top 10 lists, Origins, Biographies, Tips, How Tos, Reviews, Commentary and more on Pop Culture, Celebrity, Movies, Music, TV, Film, Video Games, Politics, News, Comics, Superheroes. Zoe tells Lucas she had an affair with an older, married man. Appears in: stunned audiences with its incredible storytelling, visually stunning cinematography and special effects, and its incredible cast. Deeply dissatisfied about being stuck on Herald's metropolitan pages, filing stories such as the local fireman marrying the meter maid and new jogging paths in Rock Creek Park, Barnes was constantly on the lookout for an opportunity that could propel her into the realm of journalistic credibility. So I dont really know what happens in the rest of the season, but from my castmates anyway, I dont think that Francis has any moment of mourning over Zoe. Season two of the Netflix original series debuts on Friday all episodes at once, just like the first time. This password will be used to sign into all, Shania Twain Gives Rare Update on Her Ex-Husband and Ex-BFF, 6 Stand-ups Analyze ChatGPTs Attempts to Steal Their Jobs, Bad Projection Is Ruining the Movie Theater Experience, How to Watch and Stream Every 2023 Oscar-Nominated Movie, Travis Barkers Finger Is Now the Enema of Blink-182 Fans. Do you hope he gets away with everything? If I have a heart attack, its your fault, his hand resting over Tims heart. Nationality: power. Would Frank even recognize generosity on sight, or would he always be looking for the catch? She starred in the Netflix political drama House of Cards (2013) as Zoe Barnes and appeared in the Fox TV series 24 (2001) as computer analyst Shari Rothenberg. 2023 Vox Media, LLC. For those of us whove never done a stint in an all-women prison, it has been astounding to learn just how much sex, happens behind those four wallsat least, according to, . Frank wont help Claire because he cant ask Remy for the favor. Welcome to the Quantum Realm. I think because she knows him, and she knows if she doesnt do what he says, then hes not going to cooperate and shes not going to get what she wants. You\'ll receive the next newsletter in your inbox. Ballots, betrayal, and barbecue combine in Netflixs original drama, which stars Kevin Spacey as cunning congressman Frank Underwood and Robin Wright as his equally ruthless Lady Macbeth. Frank's relationship with Zoe Barnes (Kate Mara) turns CLEVELAND, Ohio - In honor of "House of Cards" Season 4 premiering on Netflix at midnight this evening, we take a look back at the most shocking moments of television's favorite villain: Frank Underwood. As long as it furthers their interests ("She can be I think hes dead. Its all very Ozymandias.. For us, one of those reasons came in Season 1, Chapter 8, when Zoe Barnes (Kate Mara), a rising political journalist with the Washington Herald, meets her then-source Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey) and does whatever she has to in order to keep him as a source. House Of Cards: Watch The Kinky Sex Scene Everyone Is Talking About, Constance Zimmer to Direct & Executive Produce Lifetime Movie Boy In The Walls, MRC Promotes Vet Exec Scott Tenley To CEO, After Selling Poker Face and Fair Play, Scott Tenley Named New MRC CEO, A Little White Lie featuring Michael Shannon, Kate Hudson, and Don Johnson, Video Exclusive: Hopper Penn On Working With Mom Robin Wright On Devils Peak, Forrest Gump Is Secretly Dead - Theory Explained, Lisa Ann Walter Says Abbott Elementary Co-Star Sheryl Lee Ralph Helped Her Unlearn Negative Body Image Stigma: Its a Disease (Video), Tom Sizemore, Saving Private Ryan Actor, Dies at 61, Box Office: Creed III Opens With $5.45 Million in Previews, Hong Kong Box Office Sees Lofty Drama A Guilty Conscience Reach Same Flight Level as Top Gun: Maverick Global Bulletin, Jon Favreau-Produced Prehistoric Planet Gets Second Season Order From Apple TV+, Box Office: Michael B. Jordans Creed III Grabs Title With Series-Best $51M Opening, Tessa Thompson Knew She Had to Work with Jonathan Majors After Seeing His Sundance Debut, 'Daisy Jones and The Six' Episode 3 Recap: Look At Us Now, 'Great Expectations': Release Date, Cast, Trailer & Everything We Know, 48 Hours: Natalie Morales Reveals How Social Media Helped Solve Case, How Daisy Jones and the Six Differs from Taylor Jenkins Reids Novel, The Romantics Director on #BoycottBollywood Trolls, Pathaan Success: Our Love for the Movies Never Went Away (Exclusive), Tom Sizemore Dies: Saving Private Ryan & Black Hawk Down Star Was 61, Tom Sizemore, Saving Private Ryan And Heat Actor, Dead At 61, Allison Holker Pens Touching Note To Her Kids Nearly 3 Months After Stephen tWitch Boss Death, How To Watch The 2023 Oscar Nominees Online: Triangle Of Sadness, The Whale, Elvis And More, Keke Palmer Holds Back Tears While Applauding Single Parents: Im Profoundly Impressed, Vital Signs: The 2023 Berlin International Film Festival, 16 Movies Stephen King Doesnt Like, from Transformers to Kill Bill. Barnes was desperate to advance her stature within the Washington Herald newsroom. It was . Which was actually really lovely, because my very first scene of shooting House of Cards was with Kevin in the subway in season 1. Or do you hope he gets taken down? While the meeting place is far more public, Underwood is in disguise and hides behind a fenced structure. Why does every woman on this show, except for Claire, have to use sex to gain power over men? 'House of Cards': Kate Mara on THAT scene. Press J to jump to the feed. Their scene together in the empty old library is so lovingly staged: Franks My heart is beating so fast. * As soon as Frank said he despised children, I thought: he and Mellie No one likes babies Grant could be amazing together. Frank says he understands now that nothing is permanent, but Im not sure he means it. And that might make the show less exciting than it could be. Like, reminding her that he's in control by blackmailing her, and, in a way, raping her? The Wagner opera returns to the Met for the first time in 17 years. At the end of Season 2, all of the chess moves Frank has made culminate in a checkmate. Then she interrogates him about their age difference, suggesting shes just pretending to have a good time. Are you currently getting up to speed on season one and looking for someone to talk it out with? Zoe Marie Barnes was a Washington, D.C.-based journalist. Yeah, it seems that way. When Frank dismisses her, she has the gall to press him about whether he murdered Russo and he responds by callously tossing her in the path of an oncoming train. Pete is attending AA meetings (I was surprised Frank didnt hook him up with some exclusive, government-only version of AA, like what Leo had on The West Wing) with Doug as his chaperone. By Molly Fitzpatrick Sure, House of Cards is a razor-sharp political thriller, but it also features a lot (a lot) of sex. When Jon Snow finally laid down with Ygritte, the Free Folk captive with whom hed fallen deeply in love, we remember standing around and clapping as Jon broke his vow of celibacy. We first meet Frank Underwood (played brilliantly by Kevin Spacey) outside of his home after a car has hit a dog. Chapter 8An almost-bottle episode! It kind of seems like developing a conscience is what gets Zoe killed. "The reporter? Barnes meeting Frank Underwood at his home. A cemetery posted a personal ad for a goose whose mate died. Mainly, because Frank is old enough to be Zoe's father. the endgame Frank wanted the whole time: The strike ends, his bill passes. wife, Claire (Robin Wright) and their ruthless dealings in Washington. Frank's chief of staff, Doug Stamper (Michael Kelly), gets Updated February 19, 2014 at 03:40 PM EST. Sallys MariettaView the job description, responsibilities and qualifications for this position. Oh, Loosey! Zoe Barnes was portrayed by Kate Mara in Seasons 1, 2 and 4 of House of Cards. Yeah how does it feel to finally be able to discuss this? And while Don Draper (John Hamm) had his fair share of beautiful women throughout the shows seven-season go of things, none of them caught our eyes the way Jessica Pare did as Megan Calvet Draper, his secretary-turned-wife, and no scene quite as much as the after-party cleanup scene in Season 5s premiere. Frank Underwood (source) There are cigarettes, champagne, food, intense oral, and even a sleep apnea machine involved, and what we love most isnt just that its incredibly sexy and authentic, but that its also kind of, as cheesy as it is to say, sweet. it is her being a journalist, him a congressman it's Claire's reaction. Oh, I dont think thats fair. , these are clips that characterize people, advance plots, and showcase the chemistry between actors and characters. Pete gets into a fistfight with Paul, the angry friend who visited him in D.C. when the shipyard closed, proving once and for all that he hasnt sold out to the suits and can still break a coffee table with the best of them. Vote your district, vote your conscience, dont surprise me. He expects Claire to seal the deal, and she does just the opposite. friends, and the trip is really so the billionaire businessman can vet Frank, Frank looked at Claire, who looked back at both men and kissed their intertwined grasp, almost as if she were giving her blessing. Again. Zoe is polite but disinterested. Martins Nightflyers. Of course not! They both seem to know Frank will never take him up on it. events were not related. Petes mom is unimpressed by Christina (So, youre fucking my son?) and, it seems, not all that over-the-moon about her sons accomplishments in Washington. Michael Corrigan Hangs Himself 03:01 #8. moments, so you knew this one was coming. Of course theres a little bit of trust left, for sure. Deceased Right before he kills her, he asks her to delete all their texts and his contact info. Its like, over. And does the power Frank has over his Washington world mean anything compared to the power Tim still has over Frank? Kate Mara is an American actress.