Nuke: I held it like an egg. | Nasty work., Skip Riggins: Even if it is the Carolina League, this is a chance to play every day!, Crash Davis: You dont want a player. Throw that shit again, Meat. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Crash: You just spit on me! Crash aint exactly happy about this news and what it means for his career. Ebby Calvin LaLoosh Besides that, they're fascist. Ump: Youre outta here!Why its the best: I know, I know. Nuke: I want to bring the heater. Get this album or track at: 3:27 : Total Album Time: 39:46: Rate this Album. Uh, it's like pheromones. William " Wee Willie" Keeler was a right fielder in Major League Baseball who played from 1892 to 1910. You gotta play this game with fear and arrogance., Nuke LaLoosh: Right. The setup: LaLoosh challenges Crash to a fight he has no idea who Crash is at this point and they both step outside Mitchs Bar. The setup: The Bulls are playing crummy baseball. Well, Nuke's scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man's here. : Everyone has their own problem. He came up and announced his promotion to the big leagues, but Crash reacted very little to the news: "Congratulations. Youre going to have to study them. 15. : : Larry Crash: Alright, meat. Skip: Winston-Salem. Ump: I did not spit on you! Music by Charles Dumont. The setup: Nuke is finally starting to listen to Crash, on and off the mound. Youre Sears and Roebuck material. Bull Durham was an instant success. Theyre your friends. You don't want a ballplayer; you want a stable pony. The setup: Theres a conference on the mound, with the entire infield gathered around the pitching rubber. Crash thinks he makes the play, but the ump disagrees. The Braves' Appalachian League affiliate at the time was the Pulaski (Va.) Braves. Millie is a sneaky quote superstar in this movie. And, well, you two are the most promising prospects of the season so far, so I just thought we should kinda get to know each other. Annie Savoy, 13. 1. Crash Davis Huh? Christ, you don't need a quadrophonic Blaupunkt! (And, I swear that I didnt intentionally put the story of the 21 days in the majors at No. They say the darndest things. You're smart, professional. : Im figuring Im just gonna cave in and sleep with her. I want to be exotic and mysterious. Goodnight. He took a liking to the bull on the trademark and ordered the printer to put a Durham bull on the label. 1. Crash Davis Why do you get to choose?, Crash: Because you don't respect yourself, which is your problem. June 14, 2022; indigo child symbol . : I know. 'Bull Durham' is partly based on minor-league baseball experience of writer and director Ron Shelter along with the fans and players of the Durham Bulls. Bull Durham (1988) clip with quote Go get 'em, boys! Continue with Recommended Cookies. Baseball may be a religion full of magic, cosmic truth, and the fundamental ontological riddles of our time, but it's also a job., 22. Annie. Its, like, better than losing. Larry: What the hell was that? Crash Davis Yup. Performed by dith Piaf. : From what I hear, you couldnt hit water if you fell out of a fuckin boat. [On playing in the "show" - major league baseball]. Larry : Crash Davis This does not influence our choices. Where are you going?, Crash Davis: After 12 years in the minor leagues, I dont try out. : Nuke: You said Crash. Annie, voiceover: Walt Whitman once said, I see great things in baseball. Ebby Calvin LaLoosh Arent I pretty? Throw some ground balls. : I got a Porsche already; I got a 911 with a quadrophonic Blaupunkt. Annie Savoy Twenty-one greatest days of my life. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. Crash feels he did nothing wrong. The setup: Nuke comes to the pool hall to tell Crash great news hes been called up to the majors! Man, that ball got out of here in a hurry. : Crash Davis Skip Riggins: You guy, you lollygag the ball around the infield. God, I can't keep giving you these free lessons so quit screwin' around and help me up. From what I hear, you couldnt hit water if you fell out of a fin boat. Someone else carries your bags. : : : Success continued long after ready-mades hit the market in 1881. Bring me the gas. You throw the ball. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back on your shower shoes and the press will think youre colorful. Crash: To announce your fing presence with authority? : Its intense, with colorful language were going to censor even a bit more than usual, because, well, its intense. After all, well learn about lifes disappointments through Crash Davis and womens empowerment through Annie Savoy. Show us that million-dollar arm, 'cause I got a good idea about that five-cent head of yours., 36. : The setup: Annie and Crash are at the batting cages. Ebert called Bull Durham one of t. Bob's Burgers (2011) - S09E02 The Taking of Funtime One Two Three. Its more democratic. Crash Davis, 16. What else is there? Instead, Annie has power over herself; she chooses to get into a relationship and lend a helping hand to a rookie. --Rochelle O'Gorman Genre: Comedy, Romance, Sport Stars: Kevin Costner, Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, Trey Wilson Production: Orion Pictures Nominated for 1 Oscar. : Manage Settings Skip Riggins: You can keep going to the ballpark, keep getting paid to do it. Joe Reardon Youve got it. Watching through on Monday, I typed in 79 different quotes/scenes, and on Tuesday I cut down that list to 37, including the parts I felt had to make the list. The world is made for people who arent cursed with self-awareness.. : Crash: Yep. But theyve been winning a long time, and Annies getting lonely. I wouldn't dig in if I was you. I dont want to think about quantum physics and I dont wanna think about nothin. Youre trying to seduce me! Show us that million-dollar arm, because I got a good idea about that five-cent head of yours., 23. : "I keep my eyes clear and I hit 'em where they ain't." Source: Baseball's Greatest Quotations (Paul Dickson, 1991) "Learn what pitch you can hit good; then wait for that pitch." Source: National Baseball Hall of Fame (website) "He ( Willie Keeler) may have been small in size but he was huge with the bat." - Ted Williams. Throw it. Bull Durham (1988) clip with quote Hit 'em where they ain't! Crash Davis: [exasperated] No. : Think classy, you'll be classy.. And, it beats working at Sears. Crash Davis [Crash calls for a curve ball, Ebby shakes off the pitch twice]. Crash Davis What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. Performed by dith Piaf. Why, there are laws we don't understand that bring us together and tear us apart. Crash: I told him.Why its the best: Eventually Nuke learns there are consequences for not listening to Crash. She walks up in the rain. I dont want to think about quantum physics, and I dont wanna think about nothin. Instead, it gives us a taste of all the aspects of baseball, from the training, the struggles, the conflicts, and even the groupies! Annie Savoy Theyre just kids. Come on, Annie, think of something clever to say, huh? This is utterly fucking hopeless. : : Nuke: One day at a time : I just want to give it my best shot, and the good Lord willing, things will work out. Skip: Even if it is the Carolina League, this is a chance to play every day! Annie. This page was last edited on 13 August 2022, at 23:08. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong. You got a Hall-of-Fame arm, but you're pissing it away. The setup: Annie has Nuke wearing her garter on days when he pitches, to keep the other half of his brain occupied. Nuke: My interviews? Howd we ever win eight?, Skip Riggins: Its a miracle. Write this down. The setup: Theres a play at the plate. How come in former lifetimes, everybody is somebody famous? Crash Davis, 27. Bull Durham, in so many ways, reminds us of lifes fickleness, so dont ever take anything for granted! What else is there? I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. Nuke LaLoosh: I love winning, man! Youre pushing it! hit me in the chest with that. You know what that makes you? He came back to Durham to be with Annie, and they're sitting together on her porch swing, on a. That was great, huh? Ebby Calvin LaLoosh Besides that, they're fascist. Hes back in Durham, on Annies porch. Ump: You missed him! I quit. Your shower shoes have fungus on them. I have been known on occasion to howl at the moon. Dont think, just throw. Crash: Cmon, Meat. Ebby Calvin LaLoosh Ebby Calvin LaLoosh Dont try to strike everybody out. Swear to God. Crash: Nukes chastity was your idea. Annie: Now, I want you to breathe through your eyelids? Thisis a simple game. Is that it? ( yada yada yada ) Annie, in the stands: Cmon, Crash. Crash: Yeah? Crash: I got a lot of time to hear your theories. Beats the hell out of working at Sears., Larry Hockett: Sears sucks, Crash. Beats the hell out of workingat Sears. You know, you never handle your luggage in the show, somebody else carries your bags. Sold Lady Kenmores. Just a happy coincidence.). Your fastball's up, your curveball's hanging. You said Crash. : Nuke: Yeah, you said Crash. In Bull Durham, we not only get a front-row seat to understand the ins and outs of baseball. And this is the most wretched road trip Ive seen in 20 years. You know, just because sometimes you manage to be clever and you have a nice smile does not mean you are not full of shit. Annie Savoy, 12. : It's how you play the game. Throw it. Chances are hundreds of catcher-ump arguments have followed this exact script over the years. We want you to mature the kid. : Well, actually, nobody on this planet ever really chooses each other. Bull Durham was an instant success. Big club's got a hundred grand in him. Instead, it gives us a taste of all the aspects of baseball, from the training, the struggles, the conflicts, and even the groupies! Dont let him in your kitchen. Well, I believe in the soul, the cock, the pussy, the small of a woman's back, the hanging curve ball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. In reel life: Annie makes a pretty big deal of pointing out that there . You don't know shit, all right? You dont need a quadraphonic Blaupunkt. He also dabbles in college hoops and other sports. She, not that pair, opens the movie with a narration. (Swings and misses for strike three)Why its the best: Just great insight into whats going on in a batters head. : Why are you shaking me off? [Crash waves back] I actually saw him read a book without pictures once!Why its the best: Mostly, I wanted to mention Max Patkin at least once. Annie: I know!. I got him! And it could be argued that Durham was as central to the plot as Crash Davis, Nuke Laloosh and Annie Savoy. Someone else carries your bags. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back on your shower shoes, and the press will think youre colorful. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability. You lollygag in and out of the dugout. We need a live is it a live rooster? Made by movie fans, for movie fans.SUBSCRIBE TO OUR MOVIE CHANNELS:MOVIECLIPS: http://bit.ly/1u2yaWdComingSoon: http://bit.ly/1DVpgtRIndie \u0026 Film Festivals: http://bit.ly/1wbkfYgHero Central: http://bit.ly/1AMUZwvExtras: http://bit.ly/1u431frClassic Trailers: http://bit.ly/1u43jDePop-Up Trailers: http://bit.ly/1z7EtZRMovie News: http://bit.ly/1C3Ncd2Movie Games: http://bit.ly/1ygDV13Fandango: http://bit.ly/1Bl79yeFandango FrontRunners: http://bit.ly/1CggQfCHIT US UP:Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1y8M8axTwitter: http://bit.ly/1ghOWmtPinterest: http://bit.ly/14wL9DeTumblr: http://bit.ly/1vUwhH7 : Ballparks are like cathedrals.. Her advice isnt exactly traditional. There's six months in a season, that's about 25 weeks. I may never settle on one. Last chance. You should know that by now. : I mean, it's all a question of quantum physics, molecular attraction, and timing. Nuke: Crash? Crash Davis Company Credits Larry?, Skip Riggins: Lollygaggers! Charlie, here comes the deuce. Twenty-five hits in 500 at-bats is 50 points, OK? Call me a cocksucker again, and you're outta here. Crash Davis Why do you get to choose? This son of a bitch is throwing a two-hit shutout. Show us that million-dollar arm, 'cause I got a good idea about that five-cent head of yours. Crash, thinking: Alright now, here we go. And possibly the worst Durham team in a half-century. Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, I hook up with one guy a season. Howd we ever win eight? Relax. That about right? Its great. Youll surely disagree with some of these rankings, and thats OK. And you should know that!Why its the best: Its now that Annie and Crash realize the fire of the argument means they probably need to be together. Through the quotes Ive read, collected, organized, and written about, I found that humans are resilient, creative, and compassionate. Whats our record, Larry?, Skip Riggins: Eight and sixteen. The moment's over. Crash: Yeah, where can I go? When you were a baby, the Gods reached down and turned your right arm into a thunderbolt. Crash Davis Nuke: Sucker teed off on that like he knew I was gonna throw a fastball. The Durham Bulls began playing baseball with joy and verve and poetry.. Bull Durham is structured around two simple narrative devices: one season in the life of a minor league team, and a love triangle between Annie (Susan Sarandon) and a pitcher and catcher at odds with one another. Crash: If you give in now, you might start losing. Dont try to strike everybody out. : Besides, uh, I dont believe in quantum physics when it comes to matters of the heart. What you need is a curveball., 11. If he's so great how come he's been in the minors for ten years? Crash: You spit on me! Throw some ground balls, it's more democratic., Skip: You can keep going to the ballpark, and keep getting paid to do it. Larry: Another new league record. Here are some 'Bull Durham' quotes to inspire you. We need a live is it a live rooster? Look at that. He's got a million dollar arm, and a five cent head. These top 37 lines/scenes are what I consider the funniest,most iconic, most repeatable andmost usable in everyday life. Quote Ambition is your source for quotes. Share the best GIFs now >>> Skip: Eight and 16. Crash: Hit me in the chest with that. : Fear and ignorance. It will take our people out-of-doors, fill them with oxygen, give them a larger physical stoicism. How come in former lifetimes, everybody is someone famous? Skip: He struck out 18. I got a Porsche already; I got a 911 with a quadrophonic Blaupunkt. Crash Davis You hung a curveball on an 0-2 pitch in a 3-2 game in the bottom of the eighth and I tattooed it over the Michelin tire sign and beat you, 4-3. Im Crash Davis, your new catcher, and you just got lesson number one. Annie Savoy: Wait a minute. Larry: Hes got a million-dollar arm but a five-cent head.Why its the best: Ive talked with hundreds of baseball players over the years and Im continually amazed at their ability to recall details just like this from years earlier. Larry : He's behind home plate - don't look. Crash hit his record dinger the 247th of his minor-league career in Asheville and retired. Hey. Crash Davis Ebby Calvin 'Nuke' LaLoosh: God, I think you're real cute. Dont think. Crash Davis Nuke: Oh yeah, Im having a blast. This article contains incorrect information, This article doesnt have the information Im looking for, 37 Bull Durham Quotes From The Classic Sport Romance Movie, 85 Paul Robeson Quotes From The Actor & Civil Rights Activist, 65+ Nikki Giovanni Quotes From The Poet And Activist, 26 Inspiring Quotes About Doing The Right Thing For Yourself.