})(); This section includes a selection of up to three campaign advertisements per candidate released in this race, as well as links to candidates' YouTube, Vimeo, and/or Facebook video pages. Nine Democrats and six Republicans filed in the 30th. } Sanchez was elected county commissioner for Cameron County in 2011 and previously served as a justice of the peace for Cameron County from 2003 to 2010. The greatest challenge to America in the next decade is to return and restore America to it's People. If you are not a current representative, are there certain committees that you would want to be a part of? Information on November 2022 City Election 2022 Posting HB305 Internet Posting Requirement for Political Subdivision General Municipal Election for Commissioner At-Large and Commissioner District 4 - November 8, 2022 General Municipal Eleccion para un Comisionado General y el Comisionado del District 4 - Noviembre 08, 2022 } }); Ballotpedia features 395,557 encyclopedic articles written and curated by our professional staff of editors, writers, and researchers. With 100% of 293 precincts reporting in the U.S. Representative District 15 contest, Republican Monica De La Cruz defeated Democrat Michelle Vallejo with 80,869 votes to Vallejo's 67,913, according to the Texas Secretary of State website. Author: I am not a diehard fan of some of the GOPs platforms but I am proud to represent the Party. We provide results for polls that are included in polling aggregation from FiveThirtyEight and RealClearPolitics, when available. .image-candidate-thumbnail { Mom was born in Harlingen in 1931 and my dad was born in Mercedes that same year. Congressional District 15 encompasses all of Brooks, Duval, Jim Hogg, Karnes and Live Oak counties as well as large parts of Hidalgo and Guadalupe counties and a small portion of Wilson County. (b) For each person listed, the applicable roster must include: (1) the person's name, address, and voter registration number; (2) an identification of the person's county election precinct of registration; and (3) the date of voting or the date the ballot was mailed to the person, as applicable. background-color: #003388; .leg-hnt-district-number { The numbers in this section are updated as candidates file new campaign finance reports. .inner_percentage, .inner_percentage.Nonpartisan, .inner_percentage.Independent, .inner_percentage.Constitution, .inner_percentage.unknown { If you are a current representative, why did you join your current committees? People dont think about tuberculosis.We need to increase our support for our primary care/mental health providers, hospitals, first responders, law enforcement, and military services. Greg Abbott (from left) shakes a supporters hand Tuesday night at Quinta Mazatln in McAllen during a watch party for tonights election results. Election Day is Tuesday, May 24, 2022. (updated 11/04/2021). padding-bottom: 5px; 2022 General Election & Local Entities Election, 2021 Constitutional Amendment and Local Entities Elections, Nov. 6, 2018 General and Entities Elections, 2023 Commissioner's Court Meetings Calendar. .leg-hnt-flex-row { The 34th Congressional District of Texas held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 4, 2014. Important Note: The Early Voting rosters on this page will be posted no later than 11:00 a.m. daily to reflect the previous day. I am new to GOP. If you are a candidate and would like to tell readers and voters more about why they should vote for you, **Note: Percentages for race and ethnicity may add up to more than 100 percent because respondents may report more than one race and the Hispanic/Latino ethnicity may be selected in conjunction with any race. * According to the FEC, "Receipts are anything of value (money, goods, services or property) received by a political committee." I will take that frustration away and turn it into independence, liberty, and security for RGV.". .votebox-scroll-container { She is a proud U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) wife and a mother, fighting for a better future for the children of South Texas.". margin-bottom:16px; .leg-hnt-leadership { 52.38%. } I read both his books and followed him until his death recently. This table may not represent the actual total amount spent by satellite groups in the election. display: block; Incumbent Filemon Vela (D) defeated Larry Smith (R) and Ryan Rowley (L) in the general election. Cortez first took over as judge in 2018. How long did you have it? On the federal level, we should have term limits of six terms for the House and two terms for the Senate. padding-bottom: 8px; In addition to Gonzalezs and Doggetts districts, these included the newly-created 38th District and the 1st, 8th, and 30th districts. } City of Mission June 11, 2022 Runoff Election Official Canvass Report . STAY IN THE KNOW, by visiting our website in the next couple of days. In the Democratic race, Hidalgo has received 70.12%, or 106,532 votes, followed by Erica Davisthe next highest vote-getterwith 14.83%, or 22,529 votes. To notify us of polls published in this election, please email us. width: 100%; } .leg-hnt-hide { Both districts were open. I am the only candidate running that is pro-womens health rights.About me: In Hidalgo County, unofficial results show ORourke garnered 82,513 votes compared to Abbotts 56,728 votes. 2022 Democratic Primary Results (PCT by PCT), 2022 Republican Primary Results (PCT by PCT), 2023 Commissioner's Court Meetings Calendar, Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (Received, not Postmarked). document.getElementById('leg-hnt-content64038bc86d9d3').classList.remove('leg-hnt-hide'); } width: 90%; Monday, January 17th 8:00 AM 6:00 PM That you are by the people, with the people and for the people so that one can create a safe, secure, independent and prosperous community. .leg-hnt-title { Please list below 3 key messages of your campaign. width: 100%; I also have worked as a public servant at UTRGV, Texas A&M University- Corpus Christi, Williamson County, the City of San Benito, and Pflugerville. } Precincts Fully Reported. 1 was here. if (document.getElementById('leg-hnt-content64038bc86d9d3').classList.contains('leg-hnt-hide')) { Submitted Biography: "Mayra Flores was born and raised with humble beginnings in Burgos Tamaulipas, Mexico. 2023 Commissioner's Court Meetings Calendar. Hidalgo County represents immeasurable potential, but we must work together to adopt a regional strategy and create a unified vision to achieve our full potential, said Cortez. I served as the Veterans Field Representative for the 27th Congressional District of Texas based out of Corpus Christi. They were both the oldest in their family.They met when they were 14 years old in Mercedes. Vela faced no opposition in the Democratic primary on March 1, 2016, while Gonzalez defeated William "Willie" Vaden to win the Republican nomination.[32][33]. I was about eight years old. Lunes, 22 de noviembre de 2021 a las 5:00 p.m. Primer da de votacin temprana en persona, ltimo da para solicitar una boleta por correo, ltimo da de votacin temprana en persona, ltimo da para recibir una boleta por correo, Sbado, 22 de enero de 2022 (da de eleccin) a las 7:00 p.m. (a menos de que la fecha lmite para votantes en el extranjero aplique). .leg-hnt-flex-item { display: inline-block; margin-top: 5px; Melissa Phillip/Staff Photographer .multi-survey-header { She spent most of her life in the Rio Grande Valley and in 2004, she graduated high school in San Benito, TX. Election Day, Tuesday, May 6, 2023. These rosters are posted in xlsx format and can easily be imported into a spreadsheet or database program. Fatima Gamez Lopez/The Rider Photos, Supporters of Democrat Michelle Vallejo gather during Tuesday nights watch party at The Gremlin in McAllen. Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. (i) The early voting clerk for a primary election or the general election for state and county officers shall submit to the secretary of states Internet website information describe by Subsections (g) and (h). .race_header.libertarian { Job Announcements .question-scroll-container { This made Texas' 34th the 137th most Democratic district nationally.[31]. 40th Annual Election Law Seminar for County Election Officials (2022) Preparing for the November Election (Calendar Overview) (PDF) Demystifying Risk-limiting Audits (PDF) About the Secretary of State's Office (PDF) Elections 101 (PDF) Secretary of State Updates (PDF) Limited Ballots and Provisional Voting Which and When? Texas Governor Greg Abbott on Monday called for an investigation into "widespread problems" with Harris County elections last week. .race_footer { This information was current as of the candidate's run for U.S. House Texas District 34 in 2022. I am new to GOP. The previous incumbent, Filemon Vela (D), resigned on March 31, 2022. She kept it open until her untimely death at the age 93 in 2003that is another story.I spent a lot of time with my parents in 2021. .election_results_text { } This year, 223 candidates filed to run for Texas 38 U.S. House districts, including 143 Republicans, 79 Democrats, and one independent candidate. } Greg Abbott thanks his supporters for his reelection as Texas governor Tuesday night at Quinta Mazatln in McAllen. Martes, 11 de enero 8:00 AM 6:00 PM flex-direction: column; Youtube Twitter Facebook, Copyright 2018, All rights reserved. The 34th Congressional District of Texas held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012, in which Filemon Vela (D) won election. font-weight: 500; In Hidalgo County, Vallejo outpaced De La Cruz by a vote of 51,312 to 39,604, unofficial results showed. @media only screen and (min-width: 600px) { overflow: hidden; bottom: 2px Registration forms are available at City Hall or at the Hidalgo County Voter Registrar's Office (318-2570) in Edinburg. .inner_percentage.Republican { Copyright. 2022 General November 8, 2022. (a) The early voting clerk shall maintain for each election a roster listing each person who votes an early voting ballot by personal appearance. Like John Knox VA style. RURAL COUNTIES November 2022 Polling Places Registered Voters NOVEMBER 2022 Percentage of Polling Places on School The table below displays the partisan composition of Texas' congressional delegation as of November 2022. For additional information on candidate ballot access requirements in Texas, click here. Anthony Cristo advanced from the Libertarian convention for U.S. House Texas District 34 on March 21, 2020. width: 100%; New Mexico Secretary of State Official Results 2022 General November 8, 2022 Results last updated: 11/29/2022 4:39 PM MT Statewide Voter Turnout 52.38% Ballots Cast 714,754 Registered Voters 1,364,559 Precincts Fully Reported 100% Fully 2163 Total 2163 1,669 Ballots Cast 2,656 Registered Voters 62.83% Hidalgo County Results 6 out of 6 EARLY VOTING SCHEDULE Early Voting Starts on February 14, 2022 to February 25, 2022 ELECTION DAY SCHEDULE Democratic Party Election Day Schedule Republican Party Election Day Schedule Election Day is on March 1, 2022 Clink on the Icon Below, to Check on your Mail in Ballot Status. Welcome to the August 10, 2022 City of Palmhurst Special Election page. } I believe I am ready to continue my service as your Congressman until the regular election set for November 2022. Remove any Federal laws that discourage parents from talking to their schools about their childrens education. padding-left: 16px; I legally immigrated to America when I was six years old. padding-bottom: 7px; Yes. $('.collapse').collapse('show'); document.getElementById('leg-hnt-content64038bc86d9d3').classList.add('leg-hnt-hide'); I want to take that frustration away.I live in CD-34. text-align: center; In ancient Rome, elections were held annually for most positions. margin-right: 12px; width: 50px; Hidalgo's top three staffers are under indictment and law Personal Financial Statement [FORM PFS] (all candidates running for election in 2022, including The table below details the results of the 2020 presidential election in each district at the time of the 2022 election and its political predecessor district. No one should in Congress for more than 12 years. background-color: #ccc; display: flex; What is the first historical event that happened in your lifetime that you remember? Fatima Gamez Lopez/The Rider Photos. 05/09/2022 01:51 PM EDT. Other 2022 battleground elections included: if(document.getElementsByClassName("reference").length==0) if(document.getElementById('Footnotes')!==null) document.getElementById('Footnotes').parentNode.style.display = 'none'; .leg-hnt-container { Click on the links below for summaries of the event: This section lists noteworthy endorsements issued in this election, including those made by high-profile individuals and organizations, cross-party endorsements, and endorsements made by newspaper editorial boards. border-right: 1px solid #ddd; Mission, TX 78572, Contact Number: (956) 580-8650 My parents and my siblings graduated from Mercedes. Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo didn't mince words in response to Jim "Mattress Mack" McIngvale's recent decision to sue the county for access to records in relation to its November 2022 elections. They are frustrated that the culture of independence and prosperity is being depleted and not enhanced. .question-scroll-container { (b) For each person listed, the applicable roster must include: (1) the person's name, address, and voter registration number; (2) an identification of the person's county election precinct of registration; and (3) the date of voting or the date the ballot was mailed to the person, as applicable. The results have been certified. Fatima Gamez Lopez/The Rider Photos, Hidalgo County voters drive up to cast a ballot Tuesday night at the Elections Annex in Edinburg. vertical-align: middle; 2. Mayra Flores defeated Dan Sanchez, Rene Coronado, and Juana Cantu-Cabrera in the special general election for U.S. House Texas District 34 on June 14, 2022. The timeline is updated regularly as polling, debates, and other noteworthy events occur. In the Republican race, del Moral Mealer. .mw-body #mw-content-text .votebox .race_header h3.votebox-header-office-name { Do you want a spreadsheet of this type of data? (c) Each roster shall be updated daily. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (956)318-2570. font-style: italic; color: #aaa; This will allow the file to be downloaded and saved without the need to load and display all information through the web browser. .leg-hnt-responsive-columns { The table below shows what the vote in the 2020 presidential election would have been in this district. Incumbent Filemon Vela advanced from the Democratic primary for U.S. House Texas District 34 on March 6, 2018. font-weight: bold; margin-top: 5px; Districtwide, with 100% of 232 precincts reporting, Gonzalez led with 70,759 votes, or 52.71%, to Flores 59,404. Click the tabs below to view information about voter composition, past elections, and demographics in both the district and the state. AOC campaigns for South Texas candidate, Abbott fires back Early. The following key messages were curated by Ballotpedia staff. background-color: #334aab; According to the proclamation announcing the special election, the runoff election would likely have been held in August.[8]. Source: Federal Elections Commission, "Campaign finance data," 2022. 52.008 of Texas Election Law, A sample ballot . break-inside: avoid-column; Incumbent Republican Ken Paxton garnered 53,163 votes; and Libertarian Mark Ash, 2,633. I served two years from 2013 2015. In the race for District 20 state senator, Democratic incumbent Juan Chuy Hinojosa won reelection, garnering 101,989 votes compared to Republican challenger Westley Wrights 77,446. border-bottom: 1px solid #aaa; Step 3: Mail your signed application to the County Clerk's office (300 Shakespeare, Lordsburg NM 88045). I want to take that frustration away.I live in CD-34. overflow-x: auto; If your child will play baseball or softball this spring, youll need to stock up on appropriate clothing and equipment. text-align: left !important; (h) Information on the roster for a person who votes an early voting ballot by mail shall be made available for public inspection as provided by Subsection (i) not later than 11 a.m. on the day following the day the early voting clerk receives a ballot voted by mail. [4] In addition to running in the special election, Flores was also on the ballot for the regular general election on November 8 after advancing from the March 1 Republican primary. Click here to contact our editorial staff, and click here to report an error. .census-table-header { And the Hostage Situation in Iran in 1979-80. The rosters areunofficial and are subject to change. width: 35px !important; (g) Information on the roster for a person who votes an early voting ballot by personal appearance shall be made available for public inspection as provided by Subsection (i) not later than 11 a.m. on the day after the date the information is entered on the roster under Subsection (c). [1], The Texas Tribune's Patrick Svitek said, "The winner of the special election will only get to finish Vela's term, which extends until January. border: 1px solid #DDDDDD; display: inline; My goal is to return and restore our government and our country back to the Peoples that this Land belongs too, including Native Americans, the Hispanic Peoples of America, and All Peoples of This Great Land! She is eternally grateful to her parents for providing her with an opportunity to come to this amazing country to live the American Dream. margin-top: 1em; . padding-left: 0.25em; SECURITY OF VOTED BALLOTS. } She spent most of her life in the Rio Grande Valley and in 2004, she graduated high school in San Benito, TX. } border-bottom: 1px solid grey; Fatima Gamez Lopez/The Rider Photos, Voters line up to cast a ballot Tuesday night in the Student Academic Center on the Edinburg campus. Election Day is Wednesday, August 10, 2022. .image-candidate-thumbnail-wrapper { .outer_percentage { Sample Ballot PageMuestra de la pgina web de la boleta, _____________________________________________________________________________________, __________________________________________________________, Early Voting March Primary 2022 SchedulePDF/HTML. This election was a battleground race. Incumbent Filemon Vela defeated Rey Gonzalez Jr., Anthony Cristo, and Chris Royal in the general election for U.S. House Texas District 34 on November 3, 2020. font-weight: 500; Texas Midterm Elections 2022 important dates Oct. 24: First Day of Early In-Person Voting: Oct. 24 Oct. 28: Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (Received, not Postmarked): Oct. 28 Last Day of Early In-Person Voting: Nov. 4 Election Day: Nov. 8

. 2022 U.S. Senate Elections 2022 U.S. House Elections Mayra Flores (R) defeated Dan Sanchez (D), Rene Coronado (D), and Juana Cantu-Cabrera (R) in a special general election for Texas' 34th Congressional District on June 14, 2022. I am the only candidate running that is pro-womens health rights.About me: margin: 0 5px; Garcia-Hidalgo has started Americano Media, and told Newsweek that he has raised more than $20 million to date. .race_header.democratic { (b) For each person listed, the applicable roster must include: (1) the persons name, address, and voter registration number; (2) an identification of the persons county election precinct of registration; and (3) the date of voting or the date the ballot was mailed to the person, as applicable. margin-right: 10px; Contact our sales team. text-align: left; document.getElementById('leg-hnt-toggle64038bc86d9d3').addEventListener('click', event => { in political science and government from St. Mary's University in 1995 and a law degree from the University of Texas School of Law in 1998. .answers-container { ltimo da para postular para un lugar en la boleta, eleccin general local. } I would like to help Restore and Return America back to its People. Restoring the government so that it works for the People of America, Restoring the Land to the People, and most important, Restoring the Power to the People. .indicate_scroll { height: 56px; .leg-hnt-flex-column {

.placeholder {} I believe Representative Lyndon B. Johnson, Congressman, Senator, and President. Im running for Congress to finish Congressman Filemon Velas term because South Texas deserves a representative who will focus on what matters: lower costs, affordable healthcare, safe communities, and a secure retirement," Sanchez said. 	} It has been an honor to serve the people of Hidalgo County, said Cortez in a statement. Harris County Republicans had high hopes for Election Day after a massive spending campaign. Texas incumbent Gov. a[aria-expanded=true] .fa-chevron-right { (a) The early voting clerk shall maintain for each election a roster listing each person who votes an early voting ballot by personal appearance. 								Theme: Mag Dark by Themeansar. Her parents were migrant workers, and like all migrant kids, she moved a lot growing up.   		font-size: 12px; Also shown is his daughter, Audrey Abbott, and first lady of Texas, Cecilia Abbott. I will run a Zero Sum Campaign. 		margin-bottom: 0px; 	} Garza garnered 3,013,534 votes. On Friday, Hidalgo County Judge Richard Cortez announced he will run for another term. Working to make Cryptocurrency Legal Tender! Ensuring there is limited governmental interference so that all can  strive for their personal best and make that American Dream happen. 			display: block; Sanchez was elected county commissioner for Cameron County in 2011 and previously served as a justice of the peace for Cameron County from 2003 to 2010. I was not born here but I am from here.        color: white; (g) Information on the roster for a person who votes an early voting ballot by personal appearance shall be made available for public inspection as provided by Subsection (i) not later than 11 a.m. on the day after the date the information is entered on the roster under Subsection (c). 	.results_row td {  Alexandra del Moral Mealer pushed incumbent Lina Hidalgo to the . border-radius: 0 0 7px 7px; [9], On June 4, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee launched a $100,000 ad campaign in support of Sanchez. HOUSTON - Five months before the next big election, Harris County has selected a new elections administrator.        padding: 0.5em 1em;  This section includes a selection of campaign advertisements released by satellite groups. 		text-align: center; Six districts were open, meaning no incumbent filed to run.  .quote-icons { 2022 COUNTY C/OH 3 October 2021 COLUMN I DUE DATE COLUMN II TYPE OF REPORT (WHO FILES) COLUMN III BEGINNING DATE OF PERIOD COVERED COLUMN IV ENDING DATE OF PERIOD COVERED Monday, February 14, 2022 Deadline is extended because of weekend. Unofficial results for county, state and federal general election races have been released in Hidalgo County, including the highly contested Congressional District 15 seat. Sanchez said he had devoted "most of his career to public service" and emphasized his experience as justice of the peace and county commissioner in Cameron County. Mayra graduated in 2014 as a Respiratory Care Practitioner with the support of her family. border-left: 1px solid #ddd; For overseas and armed forces electors only: 		position: relative; For state senator District 27, Democrat Morgan LaMantia narrowly defeated Republican candidate Adam Hinojosa by a vote of 87,860 votes to 87,291. 		background-color: #6db24f; 1850s 1856. 	} 2022 Updated: 5:24 PM CST November 9, 2022 . I will answer any question I am asked and I promise to work harder than any other candidate for the People of South Texas. Mayra Flores (R) defeated Dan Sanchez (D), Rene Coronado (D), and Juana Cantu-Cabrera (R) in a special general election for Texas' 34th Congressional District on June 14, 2022. For more on how we select candidates to include, click here. [20] Click here to view the reporting schedule for candidates for U.S. Congress in 2022. 	.leg-hnt-leadership-title { Republican Abbott defeated Democratic challenger Beto ORourke and won a third term in office. The House of Representatives is the real People's House. Click on a candidate's name to view that candidate's responses. HIDALGO COUNTY, Texas (KVEO)  Hidalgo Countys judge will seek to keep his position for four more years in 2022. 	.race_header { Cortez added that hes been thrilled by the unity hes seen in the community during the COVID-19 pandemic. 	.inner_percentage { Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Do you believe that compromise is necessary or desirable for policymaking? They should be in charge of their destiny. Have a link to Juana Cantu-Cabrera's campaign ads on YouTube? padding: 15px 15px 5px 15px; 

} } My grandmother, Lupita Mejia Cantu, with a 2nd grade education kept the Mer-Tex going after my grandfather died in 1979. I do NOT expect anything in return for doing what is right and doing my duty. Election Calendar Dates 2022 PRIMARY RUNOFF ELECTION LIVESTREAM Reconciliation - Official Totals Report Democratic Party Reconciliation - Official Totals Report Republican Party Saturday, January 8th 8:00 AM 5:00 PM } .votebox_legend { This section contains campaign finance figures from the Federal Election Commission covering all candidate fundraising and spending in this election. overflow-x: auto; padding: 2px 0; I retired from the Army Reserve in September 2013.