Some of the major deductions that apply to these vaults include height (up to 0.50), distance (up to 0.30),angle of repulsion (up to 0.50) and too long in support (up to 0.50). Levels Xcel Bronze & Xcel Silver - April 15-16, 2023 - GymnStar. Keep reading for more detail! Judges keep saying that our girls are not meeting cast requirements and they all at least parallel. Register today by clicking below on the link! A level 2 gymnast is required to perform skills that are only slightly more difficult than level 1 skills. Competitive levels are levels 3-10, and above level 10, the gymnast has the option to go "elite" (those are the gymnasts you see at the Olympics). Gymnastics levels are used to arrange different skills into difficulty levels. PA News; PA Calendar ; PA Club Directory; State Handbook; Xcel Program . Practice times are increased in the summer months for the Level 6-10 girls. Level 6/7 Vault is intended as a "timer" to develop the Handspring Front Salto vaults and Tsukahara/Yurchenko . All gyms do not compete at this level. My daughter is working on her giant, her coach says yes she can, but im seeing some things that makes me think otherwise. In level 8, each gymnast can create a unique routine on each skill set and choose which skills they want to meet the requirements of 4 "A" skills and 4 "B" skills. The gymnast jumps from both feet, lifting her hips backward and upward to grab the bar and swing the body forward with legs piked or straddled. We've tried our hardest to present a game that resembles real . The current Xcel Diamond beam requirements are: The current Xcel Diamond floor requirements are: In this article, you have learned about the most updated version of the Xcel gymnastics requirements for 2022-2026. I am from Australia and the programs are different but platinum (I think) is around my level. 01apr8:00 am 02(apr 2)10:00 pm Fearless Athletics Donut Classic Level 1-5, Bronze - Platinum 01apr8:00 am 02(apr 2)10:00 pm Go Green Invitational Level 2-6, Xcel. Program Exemption/ Eligibility Form, Clinic Hours for Multi-Track Educational Events Form, Non-U.S. citizen permission to participate letter, Event Financial Report Form (currently being updated). USA Gymnastics | Men's Development Program Overview backwalkover on beam Your workbook is on its way. The meet will be hosted by Armory Athletics. There are no composition deductions in the Xcel program. The Men's Development Age Group Competition Program provides training and competitive opportunities for beginner to elite gymnasts from ages 6 to 18. Xcel Platinum Gymnastics Requirements - The Gymnastics Guide I have been wanting to learn what the letters mean for a while, but I'm too cheap to buy the Code of Points. For gymnasts to compete in a level 8 meet, they must have scored a minimum of 32AA in a level 7 meet. Is that true? Can I just do a half on or do I have to do a half on half off? USA Gymnastics | Women's Development Program Overview Levels 4-6 are compulsory levels in competitive gymnastics. They are the Junior Olympic (JO) Program and the, Gymnasts must master level 8 skills and execute their routines which must consist of 4 "A" skills and 4 "B" skills. If theres a specific type of equipment shes interested in, take a look at the articles below which address more specifics. How Does Scoring Work in College Gymnastics? So, does this mean if a gymnast dismounts with a flyaway half, they wouldnt have to do a free hip? Yes it is but it is not a clear circling skill. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[580,400],'thegymnasticsguide_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_9',103,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-thegymnasticsguide_com-medrectangle-3-0');The fourth level, or division, as its called in Xcel gymnastics, is Xcel Platinum. Here's all you need to know about gymnastics levels. Back hip circle There is no undertime deduction. QUICK LINKS. Kip cast to horizontal back hip circle, cast stoop on swing swing swing pullover under swing swing swing swing 1/2 turn dismount. Elite Compulsory Competition Host Request Form, Foreign Athlete, Coaches and Judges Membership Application, Women's Dev. Focusing in these areas will help the gymnast to improve not only their Platinum vault, but their ability to progress to more difficult vaults in the future. Level 10 gymnasts must be able to perform the following skills and involve them in their routines: One acro series with at least 2 flight skills in which one skill must be a "C" skill or the whole series a non-flight "A" series directly connected to an "E" flight skill (excluding mount and dismount), Salto or series dismount which is at least "C", or a "B" dismount connected to an acro series that includes a "C" skill, One acro series with 2 directly connected Saltos, Dance passage with at least two leaps, jumps or hops, one of which must be a leap with a 180 degrees split, A flight skill valued "C" excluding dismount, A different flight skill valued at least "B", excluding the dismount, One skill with a longitudinal axis turn valued at least "C" excluding mount and dismount, A Salto dismount with a minimum of "C" value. If youd like more information on the Sapphire division, piloting in 2022-2023, check out Xcel Sapphire Division Rules. In platinum the rules have changed you need to compete and half on half off, Its like a round-off jumping with two feet onto the table and then twisting halfway to end facing the wall in front of you. But the bhs is needed a lot in the future on multiple events and there arent really anyways around them, so it would be good to get it really soon. They need a minimum of 34AA to qualify for level 5. To advance to level 9, they must score a minimum of 34AA. horizontal Perfect for birthday, holidays, or anytime! Front Tuck Beam: Split jump, Back walkover (maybe a switch leg), Cartwheel, and back tuck or branny dismount. The current Xcel Gold floor requirements are: Xcel Platinum gymnasts are required to perform at least one vault from the Xcel Platinum vault chart. In Xcel Platinum, gymnasts are required to perform more challenging skills, including skills with certain values. This article has been updated to reflect the changes in the 2022-2026 Xcel Code of Points. or you can do a connection Open Optional / Youth Xcel Bronze / Youth Excel Silver / Youth Excel Gold. Instead, they have routines that they could compete in while they master their skills. Also, this is not considered a required level. Theres always a lot of talk about what these changes will be. Find individual gymnasts. I am a former JO level 6 gymnast (I am switching to Xcel platinum for more freedom) and I cannot do back handsprings because I have shoulder issues and I have many options for tumbling still. Deadline date to enter Wednesday November 9. Rather than the specifics of their routines, they're judged by the execution of the skills and their overall routine. handstand backwalkover Yep! Does anyone know a good youtube channel or website for Xcel floor music? Platinum Stars Gymnastics Academy - YouTube Gymnastics levels 8-10 are optional levels. Don't hesitate to reach out to us for any questions you might have on competitive gymnastics. To compete in a level 7 gymnast meet, gymnasts must be able to execute all level 7 skills and score a minimum of 32AA to advance to level 8. There are certain skills that are compulsory in the routine of level 2 gymnastics requirements. One acro skill that has flight (ex. The gymnast may also perform C dance skills, which will count as Bs. This website is powered by SportsEngine's Sports Relationship Management (SRM) software, but is owned by and subject to the Region 4 Womens Gymnastics privacy policy. Gymnastics Levels 1-9, Xcel, and Acro & Tumbling | Texas Amateur - TAAF Results. By registering you will have access to membership features which will let you update or renew your membership. While these are requirements, some gymnasts compete in the XcelPlatinumlevel without being able to do all the skills listed below. Xcel Vault Cards Bronze & Silver Provided by J. Doucette Email: janetted426@gmail.com, View. Xcel Sapphire Division Rules New in 2022! Gymnasts must master the skills in each level, but their routines (at their meets) could be completely unique. Lile level 6, level 7 gymnastics is an optional competition level with more specific requirements. bars: kip cast(above horizontal) clear hip, kip, squat on, high bar kip, cast down, flyaway Full turn Level 9 & 10 athletes must qualify by scoring 35.00 at their state meet. (updated 02.07.23) AAU Special Stars AAU Artistic Gymnastics Special Stars - Program for Athletes with Special Needs. They must also be at least 7 years old to compete in a Level 7 meet. Do you think I could get into Platinum if i had a front tuck on floor, a RBHS tuck, backwalkover,back tuck as dismount on beam,front handspring on vault,and a kip on bars?? Xcel Platinum: 35.00AA: IES: 9.00 . Competition Policies - Georgia Women's USA Gym 2023 SportsEngine, Inc. Does your gymnast want some equipment for home practice? Level 9 and 10 Regionals will be held at Greenville Convention Center in Greenville, NC hosted by Rose's Gymnastics April 17-19, 2020. 13apr(apr 13)8:00 am 16(apr 16)10:00 pm Level 9 and 10 - Regionals. Level 2 gymnastics is quite similar to level 1. xcel platinum requirements 2020 - Greenlight Insights Hi, currnetly I am working a front full and am close to doing it on the floor. Xcel Platinum - The Gymnastics Guide November 22, 2018, 11:26 am. The Best Gymnastics Beams for Home in 2022, The Best Gymnastics Mats for Home in 2022. 2023 STATE MEETS. Skills, or Value Parts, in gymnastics are rated from A to E, with E being the most difficult. Texas USA Gymnastics 2021 Optional Meet Calendar - txusag.com Unlike levels 1 and 2 meets, a level 3 meet involves a measure of seriousness as it determines whether or not a gymnast is good enough to move on to level 4 and start competing. My tumbling passes last year were front handspring step out, round off, back tuck and front pike. Kaitlyn Lam - Level 7 Gymnastics Floor Routine 9.700 - State Champion iKaitlyn2021 1.23K subscribers Subscribe 549 Share 126K views 9 years ago Kaitlyn Lam - Level 7 Gymnastics Floor Routine,. What is the average age range for platinum? However, there was a flaw in this JO level system. I have girls from England coming over to do a comp in the Bahamas is there somewhere we can download a copy of the Xcel Code of Points? January 1, 2017, 11:02 pm. C dance skills are also allowed. Level 9 gymnastics is also tougher and more complex than level 8 because it requires that a gymnast's routine has 3 "A" skills, 4 "B" skills and 1 "C" skill. The split leap/jump angle requirement is 120 for Xcel Platinum beam routines. cartwheel cartwheel would a kip, cast (above horizontal), mill circle, jump to high bar, kip, front hip circle, cast, flyaway work??? This means that for Platinum leaps/jumps, they will receive credit if the split angle is 100 or higher. Spirit Level 4-5 girls practice three days a week for a total of 10 hours per week and Level 6-10 girls practice five days a week for a total of 16 hours. There are two gymnastics programs run by USA Gymnastics each with its separate sets of levels. This article gives an overview of all of the requirements. Grab your FREE Goal Setting Workbook here! I have all of the reqierments for excel platinum but then I would be the only girl in platinum at my gym. We think were ok with the routines but need to check a couple of things, like is a changement jump allowable on beam as a link in the jump series? Close to a kip Children need to be under adult supervision at all times. The level 5 bar routine also includes a front hip circle, cast, squat or pike-on to the low bar, jump to long hang kip on . The skills and routines at this level are similar to level 4, but they're more complex and difficult to execute. Levels 1-3 are gymnastics levels used to prepare gymnasts for competitions. Switch leap 2023 Level 6-10 Regionals - Region 4 Womens Gymnastics Want more from The Gymnastics Guide? Any extra casts, or pumps of the legs going into a cast, will also receive the 0.30 extra swing deduction. For example, if the gymnast is arched, her cast is evaluated based on the angle from the shoulders to the belly. Sign up to get the latest updates in your inbox! The new Xcel Code of Points is now available. In Xcel Platinum, gymnasts are required to perform more challenging skills, including skills with certain values. The deductions listed above are there to separate vaults with good repulsion from vaults that do not have good repulsion. Minimum of two directly connected acro skills, both must have flight and one must be an A or B salto (ex. Athletes must meet all skill requirements in order to compete in Xcel Platinum. You'd also be able to track their progress properly. Just like bars, an Xcel Platinum beam routine has 4 Special Requirements. It involves skills such as jumping, rolling, stretching, and simple dismounts. In a clear circling skill your hips do not touch the bar. Can you compete a front layout front tuck in platinum? This includes skills that are part of an acro series. The current Xcel Platinum beam requirements are: The current Xcel Platinum floor requirements are: Xcel Diamond gymnasts are required to perform at least one vault from the Xcel Diamond vault chart, which lands on the feet first. back tuck dismount, Vault: 16, max. i am competing a back hip circle on plat. 5 tenth deduction Performing an unallowable skill = .3 tenth deduction Competition: No timing for any level on Beam or Floor Mobility: SC AAU athletes are not required to achieve a mobility score to move to the next level. A "B" skill which could be an underswing, a clear hip circle, a stalder circle, a circle swing or a hecht. balance beams for home. Can I compete two front handsprings and either a front tuck round off or front pike in platinum. Hi! Qualification State & Regional Championships. From the competitive requirements per level to element illustrations, this manual is designed for quick reference and ease of use. Thank you to our members for making NGA a great place for gymnastics! Xcel Level Music Requirements Bronze Division Max :45 (fourty five sec.) The USA Gymnastics Xcel program was developed as an alternative competitive program offering individual flexibility to coaches and gymnasts. If you have questions about the connection of an acro series, check out Is This Beam Series Connected? From the competitive requirements per level to element illustrations, this manual is designed for quick reference and ease of use. Bronze Vault Option 1 has two parts. Level 8 gymnastics is the first of the gymnastics levels to demand composition deductions gymnasts' routines must balance both skill and difficulty. The requirements in Xcel Platinum continue to progress from those in the Gold division. But in the code of points it says horizontal or above. Our new digital interactive NGA Womens Gymnastics Technical Handbook with Table of Elements is finished and for sale in the Apple Book Store. PDF SC AAU Rules & Allowances General Vault: Compulsory Program Level 1-5 if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'thegymnasticsguide_com-box-4','ezslot_3',105,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-thegymnasticsguide_com-box-4-0');The second difference is that Platinum gymnasts are allowed to perform roundoff-entry vaults (Yurchenkos). Gymnastics Schedule | Platinum Gymnastics Here are the clarifications for Xcel Platinum bars. Level 4-5 These levels are compulsory. By providing access in this manner, we can assure that a current Women's R&P, with all changes to date, is always available. Tuxk jump If so, do they have any sassy ones? Platinum Bars Requirements Platinum gymnasts must have the following in their bar routine: 6 "A" & 1 "B" valued skill A clear support skill finishing above horizontal A Circling Skill (not the mount or dismount) A Kip A Dismount from the high bar Platinum Beam Requirements Platinum gymnasts must have the following in their beam routine: Full turn. Im moving to Xcel Platinum for the 2018-2019 season. A dance passage with two skills, one of which is a. They are optional levels, so gymnasts at these levels do not compete. Split jump Xcel Program - PA Women's Gymnastics You dont need a half on half off, just some vaults will give you a lower start value. These vaults are all non-salto vaults with and without twists. 2020By Dave Ryan. PDF 2021 AAU Gymnastics - Amateur Athletic Union There are actually many ways around back handsprings. Level 3 & Xcel Bronze State Championship March 5 - 7, 2021. The execution deductions are the same in Platinum as they are in the Gold and Diamond divisions. The mat stack must be a minimum of 24 high, and a maximum of 48 high. To be categorised as a level 4 gymnast and compete in a level 4 meet, gymnasts must have perfected all skills from gymnastics levels 1-3 and mastered all level 4 routines. Participation on the JO team is a year-round commitment.