Two officers suffered gunshot wounds (and) they were both transported for their injuries," Zimmel said. "I want to be perfectly clear. Photo by Eric Hylden/Grand Forks Herald, Law enforcement officers take a moment to pray on the scene where gunshots were heard at about 2:50 p.m. Wednesday, May 27, at the 1600 block of 28th Avenue South in Grand Forks. According to a Facebook post from the Grand Forks Police Department, officers responded to a tip regarding a person with a warrant for failing to register as a sexual offender. This charge has a maximum sentence of five years in prison and $10,000 in fines. Passenger, Karisa Lunski, (25) of Minto was seriously injured. If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact the customer support team at 1-833-248-7801. If the proposed plea agreement is accepted, Anderson would be sentenced to 20 years in prison with 13 suspended but the agreement would allow Anderson to argue for a lesser sentence. "string"==typeof e? We see that you have javascript disabled. Skerjven detailed Srnsky's criminal history, which had no similar crimes to the current case. They taped off the crime scene as numerous bystanders watched and took video. The 2019 crime rate in Grand Forks, ND is 205 (City-Data.com crime index), which is 1.3 times lower than the U.S. average. Copyright (c) 2023, JW Player, All Rights Reserved "cast": {}, We see that you have javascript disabled. She was unable to call 911 because Adams allegedly kept grabbing at her phone. Srnsky was interviewed by police on Nov. 14. . Adam Kurtz / Grand Forks Herald. The 22-year-old college student was found dead in her off-campus apartment in Valley City. * Easy-to-read adjustable text size. "no":r}.json`;l[t]=n=new Promise(((e,n)=>{(0,o.h)({url:i,oncomplete:e,onerror:(e,r,i,o)=>{l[t]=null,n(o)},responseType:"json"})}))}var r;return n};P.mock_=null;const x=(e,t,n,r)=>{e[t]=Object.assign({},n[t],r[t])},O=(e,t)=>{const n=Object.assign({},e,t);return x(n,"errors",e,t),x(n,"related",e,t),x(n,"sharing",e,t),x(n,"advertising",e,t),x(n,"shortcuts",e,t),x(n,"captionsStyles",e,t),n}},5499:(e,t,n)=>{"use strict";n.d(t,{c:()=>r});const r="function"==typeof console.log?console.log.bind(console):()=>{}},1261:(e,t,n)=>{"use strict";n.d(t,{v:()=>r});const r=function(e,t,n){return Math.max(Math.min(e,n),t)}},9888:(e,t,n)=>{"use strict";n.r(t),n.d(t,{getAbsolutePath:()=>s,isAbsolutePath:()=>o,parseDimension:()=>c,parseXML:()=>a,serialize:()=>l,timeFormat:()=>u,timeFormatAria:()=>d});var r=n(7034),i=n(6042);const o=e=>/^(?:(?:https?|file):)?\/\//.test(e),s=(e,t)=>{if(t&&(0,r.exists)(t)||(t=document.location.href),! PUBLIC NOTICE The Grand Forks Growth Fund, a Job Development Authority, will hold a public hearing at 5:30 p.m. on March 6, 2023, in the HIVE (formerly Grand Forks Herald building), 375 2 nd Avenue North, regarding the following: 1) TruWeather Solutions Conversion Option. GRAND FORKS - A Grand Forks woman charged with fentanyl trafficking and other crimes canceled her Thursday, Oct. 20, final dispositional conference and will be changing her plea. (t=t||{}).preventScrolling;this.directSelect=Boolean(t.directSelect),this.dragged=!1,this.enableDoubleClick=!1,this.el=e,this.handlers={},this.options={},this.lastClick=0,this.lastStart=0,this.passive=n,this.pointerId=null,this.startX=0,this.startY=0,this.event=null,this.clicking=!1}on(e,t,n){return M(e)&&(this.handlers[e]||Z[e](this)),super.on(e,t,n)}off(e,t,n){if(M(e))P(this,e);else if(!e){const{handlers:e}=this;Object.keys(e).forEach((e=>{P(this,e)}))}return super.off(e,t,n)}destroy(){this.el&&(this.off(),c&&C(this),this.el=null)}}},6042:(e,t,n)=>{"use strict";n.d(t,{$6:()=>J,Cb:()=>oe,HD:()=>F,Kn:()=>x,P2:()=>Ce,S6:()=>S,UI:()=>L,U_:()=>Pe,Yj:()=>V,ZP:()=>Ae,_e:()=>me,a9:()=>Ee,ar:()=>ge,ce:()=>xe,cq:()=>de,dp:()=>ee,e1:()=>ue,e5:()=>ye,ei:()=>Se,hX:()=>Q,hj:()=>M,i2:()=>B,jn:()=>re,l7:()=>Oe,mf:()=>_,o8:()=>ie,qh:()=>Te,r3:()=>pe,sE:()=>W,u4:()=>q,vM:()=>le,wB:()=>fe,xV:()=>ne,yR:()=>H});var r=n(5004),i=function(e,t){if(null==e)throw new TypeError("Cannot convert undefined or null to object");return Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(Object(e),t)};const o={},s=Array.prototype,a=Object.prototype,l=Function.prototype,c=s.slice,u=s.concat,d=a.toString,p=a.hasOwnProperty,h=s.map,f=s.reduce,g=s.forEach,m=s.filter,y=s.every,v=s.some,b=s.indexOf,w=Array.isArray,k=Object.keys,j=l.bind,C=window.isFinite,P=function(e,t){return p.call(e,t)},x=function(e){return e===Object(e)},O=function(e){if(!x(e))return[];if(k)return k(e);const t=[];for(const n in e)P(e,n)&&t.push(n);return t},S=function(e,t,n){let r,i;if(null==e)return e;if(g&&e.forEach===g)e.forEach(t,n);else if(e.length===Number(e.length)){for(r=0,i=e.length;r1){let e=a-1;4===a&&(t&&(l=i(s[e])/t),e-=1),l+=i(s[e]),l+=60*i(s[e-1]),a>=3&&(l+=3600*i(s[e-2]))}else l=i(n);return(0,r.qh)(l)?l:0},d=(e,t,n)=>{if((0,r.HD)(e)&&"%"===e.slice(-1)){const n=i(e);return t&&(0,r.qh)(t)&&(0,r.qh)(n)?t*n/100:null}return u(e,n)},p=(e,t)=>e.map((e=>t+e)),h=(e,t)=>e.map((e=>e+t)),f=e=>Boolean(e)&&(0,r.HD)(e)&&"%"===e.slice(-1)},5882:(e,t,n)=>{"use strict";n.d(t,{GU:()=>k,ZP:()=>F,dO:()=>x});var r=n(8348),i=n(1643),o=n(328),s=n(5004),a=n(2799);const l="ontouchstart"in window,c="PointerEvent"in window&&!r.OS.android,u=!(c||l&&r.OS.mobile),d="window",p="init",h="select",f="keydown",{passiveEvents:g}=r.Features,m=! Grand Forks man charged with kidnapping, other crimes to stand trial Grand Forks Herald on the App Store The video indicates it was recorded on Oct. 11. Residual employees assisted the department with separating the pile to prevent the flames from spreading to nearby machinery. Raw data sources: Authorities have released the names of the people involved in a two vehicle collision south of Grand Forks that left a Minnesota woman dead. "Warning":"Error"} ${e}. (r(/chrome\/[123456789]/i)&&!r(/chrome\/18/i)&&!o())&&v();v.mock_=null;const w=()=>y()||v()||r(/Windows Phone/i),k=function(){if("boolean"==typeof k.mock_)return k.mock_;try{return window.self!==window.top}catch(e){return!0}};k.mock_=null;const j=()=>!1,C=()=>0},8381:(e,t,n)=>{"use strict";n.d(t,{$W:()=>a,Mf:()=>c,T2:()=>u,_b:()=>l});var r=n(8518),i=n(2557),o=n(4446);const s=e=>t=>0===t.indexOf(e),a=function(e,t){const n=[];if(!e||!e.timestamps||!e.timestamps.length)return n;const i=e.timestamps.sort(((e,t)=>e.begin-t.begin));return i.forEach(((o,a)=>{const l=((e,t="en")=>{let n=(0,r.G3)();const i=Object.keys(e.title),o=i[0];for(;!e.title[n];){const e=i.find(s(n));if(e){n=e;break}const t=n.lastIndexOf("-");if(t<=0){n=null;break}n=n.slice(0,t)}return n||(i.indexOf(t)>=0?t:o)})(o,e.defaultLanguage),c=o.title[l],u=o.time,d=o.image;let p=t;a+1{e.insertBefore(t,e.firstChild)},Z=e=>e.nextElementSibling,_=e=>e.previousElementSibling,M=(e,t,n={},r=document)=>{if(!p.test(e))return;let i=r.createElement("a");i.href=e,i.target=t,i=h(Object.assign(i,n)),o.Browser.firefox?i.dispatchEvent(new MouseEvent("click",{bubbles:!0,cancelable:!0,view:window})):i.click()},F=()=>{const e=window.screen.orientation;return! Authorities say Billmeier was heading west on County Road 15 around 9:30 p.m. when he ran off the road. second"+(r>1? During the crash two female passengers were ejected the victim and a 25-year old Karisa Lunski of Minto. Lawmakers say outdoor interests have fared well so far in the session, despite some contention. Prosecutors say Bloomington-based Precision Lens took physicians to a Broadway musical, a college football championship and the Masters golf tournament. Grand Forks Pair Charged In Financial Fraud Case GRAND FORKS, ND (iNewZ.TV) A man and woman from Grand Forks are facing criminal charges for allegedly using another woman's debit card number to conduct financial transactions. Highway Patrol says the driver of the Chevy is a 21-year-old man from Waite Park. "Match Any Neighborhood" calculates the Match Level of one neighborhood to another using more than 200 characteristics of each neighborhood. (0,w.q2)(n)||(0,w.dl)(s)?Promise.resolve():new Promise((i=>(0,w.Dq)(r,n).then((({response:n})=>{if(!x(e)){if(!n)throw new d.rG(null,d.wH);t.localization=(0,w.Mh)(n,s),i()}})).catch((e=>{i(e.code===d.wH?e:(0,d.l9)(e,d.A6))}))))},L=e=>new Promise((t=>{if(e.attributes.liveSyncDuration>45)return t((0,d.l9)(new Error,d.wM));const n=Array.isArray(e.attributes.playlist)&&e.attributes.playlist.map((e=>e.chapters));return null!=n&&n.length? "===s[e]?a.pop():a.push(s[e]));return`${n}${i}/${a.join("/")}`},a=e=>{let t=null;try{t=(new window.DOMParser).parseFromString(e,"text/xml"),t.querySelector("parsererror")&&(t=null)}catch(e){}return t},l=e=>{if(void 0===e)return null;if("string"==typeof e&&e.length<6){const t=e.toLowerCase();if("true"===t)return!0;if("false"===t)return!1;if(!(0,i.i2)(Number(e))&&! Hannah Shirley covers crime, courts and criminal justice for the Grand Forks Herald. The crash remains under investigation. Jarrod Jashawn Adams, 28, had a final dispositional conference in court on Thursday, Feb. 16. If convicted of either charge, Srnsky will be required to register as a sexual offender. Please enable javascript and refresh the page to continue reading local news. (!Boolean(e.ctrlKey)||"click"!==e.type)||("which"in e?3===e.which:"button"in e&&2===e.button),O=(e,t)=>{if(v||(v=new F(document).on("interaction")),e.handlers.init||e.handlers.select)return;const{el:n}=e;j(e,t,"blur",(()=>{(0,a.IV)(n,"jw-tab-focus"),e.clicking=!1})),j(e,t,"focus",(()=>{v.event&&v.event.type===f&&(0,a.cn)(n,"jw-tab-focus")}))},S=(e,t,n,r)=>{c?j(e,t,"pointerdown",n,r):(u&&j(e,t,"mousedown",n,r),j(e,t,"touchstart",n,r))},E=e=>{if(e.handlers.select)return;const{el:t}=e;O(e,h),S(e,h,(n=>{const{target:r}=n;x(n)||Boolean(e.directSelect)&&r!==t||(n.isPrimary&&"BUTTON"===r.tagName&&r.focus(),e.lastStart=(0,s.z)(),e.clicking=!0)})),j(e,h,"click",(n=>{x(n)||Boolean(e.directSelect)&&n.target!==t||((0,s.z)()-e.lastStart>500&&!0===e.clicking||(((e,t)=>{e.enableDoubleClick&&((0,s.z)()-e.lastClick<300?(b(e,i.P,t),e.lastClick=0):e.lastClick=(0,s.z)())})(e,n),b(e,i.ot,n)),e.clicking=!1)}))},T=e=>0===e.type.indexOf("touch")?(e.originalEvent||e).changedTouches[0]:e,A=e=>{if(e.handlers.init)return;const{el:t,passive:n}=e,r=! Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Grand Forks Herald. Streets near the scene were closed almost immediately. }, !1!==e.androidhls&&(!r.Browser.firefox&&parseFloat(r.OS.version.version||"0")>=4.4):null},12:(e,t,n)=>{"use strict";n.d(t,{U:()=>r});const r={}},670:(e,t,n)=>{"use strict";n.d(t,{Z:()=>a});var r=n(12),i=n(2963),o=n(6528),s=n(6042);n(328);function a(e){const t=e.getName().name;if(!r.U[t]){if(!(0,s.sE)(i.B,(0,s.wB)({name:t}))){if(! (r=r&&t.call(n,e,i,s)))return o})),Boolean(r))},Y=J,ee=function(e){return null==e?0:e.length===Number(e.length)?e.length:O(e).length},te=function(e,t){let n;return function(r){return--e>0&&(n=t.apply(this,r)),e<=1&&(t=null),n}};T.Function=function(e){return"function"==typeof e};const ne=function(e){return C(e)&&!B(parseFloat(e))},re=function(e){return!0===e||!1===e||"[object Boolean]"==d.call(e)},ie=function(e){return void 0===e},oe=function(e){return function(t){return t[e]}},se=function(e){return null==e?H:_(e)?e:oe(e)},ae=function(e){return function(t,n,r){const i={};return n=se(n),S(t,(function(o,s){const a=n.call(r,o,s,t);e(i,a,o)})),i}},le=ae((function(e,t,n){P(e,t)?e[t].push(n):e[t]=[n]})),ce=ae((function(e,t,n){e[t]=n})),ue=function(e,t,n,r){const i=(n=se(n)).call(r,t);let o=0,s=e.length;for(;o>>1;n.call(r,e[t])=0)},he=pe,fe=function(e){return function(t){if(t===e)return!0;for(const n in e)if(e[n]!==t[n])return!1;return!0}},ge=function(e,t){return Q(e,fe(t))},me=function(e,t){return W(e,fe(t))},ye=function(e,t){const n=u.apply(s,t);return Q(e,(function(e){return!pe(n,e)}))},ve=function(e,t){return function(n){let r=0;const i=t.slice();for(let e=0,t=i.length;e{const t="file:"===window.location.protocol? Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, East Grand Forks news, weather & sports Violent Crime Comparison (per 1,000 residents), Property Crime Comparison (per 1,000 residents). Grand Forks man charged with two sex crimes appears in court Grand Forks Herald - NDNA "},exitFullscreen:"Exit Fullscreen",fullscreen:"Fullscreen",hd:"Quality",liveBroadcast:"Live",logo:"Logo",mute:"Mute",next:"Next",nextUp:"Next Up",notLive:"Not Live",off:"Off",pause:"Pause",pipIcon:"Picture in Picture (PiP)",play:"Play",playback:"Play",playbackRates:"Playback Rates",player:"Video Player",poweredBy:"Powered by",prev:"Previous",related:{autoplaymessage:"Next up in xx",heading:"More Videos"},replay:"Replay",rewind:"Rewind 10 Seconds",settings:"Settings",sharing:{copied:"Copied",email:"Email",embed:"Embed",heading:"Share",link:"Link"},slider:"Seek",stop:"Stop",unmute:"Unmute",videoInfo:"About This Video",volume:"Volume",volumeSlider:"Volume",shortcuts:{playPause:"Play/Pause",volumeToggle:"Mute/Unmute",fullscreenToggle:"Fullscreen/Exit Fullscreen",seekPercent:"Seek %",keyboardShortcuts:"Keyboard Shortcuts",increaseVolume:"Increase Volume",decreaseVolume:"Decrease Volume",seekForward:"Seek Forward",seekBackward:"Seek Backward",spacebar:"SPACE",captionsToggle:"Captions On/Off"},captionsStyles:{subtitleSettings:"Subtitle Settings",color:"Font Color",fontOpacity:"Font Opacity",userFontScale:"Font Size",fontFamily:"Font Family",edgeStyle:"Character Edge",backgroundColor:"Background Color",backgroundOpacity:"Background Opacity",windowColor:"Window Color",windowOpacity:"Window Opacity",white:"White",black:"Black",red:"Red",green:"Green",blue:"Blue",yellow:"Yellow",magenta:"Magenta",cyan:"Cyan",none:"None",raised:"Raised",depressed:"Depressed",uniform:"Uniform",dropShadow:"Drop Shadow"},disabled:"Disabled",enabled:"Enabled",reset:"Reset"}},9128:(e,t,n)=>{"use strict";function r(e,t,n){const r=[],i={},o=function(){for(;r.length>0;){const{command:t,args:n}=r.shift();(i[t]||e[t]).apply(e,n)}};t.forEach((t=>{const s=e[t];i[t]=s,e[t]=function(e){n()?r.push({command:t,args:e}):(o(),s&&s.apply(this,e))}})),Object.defineProperty(this,"queue",{enumerable:!0,get:()=>r}),this.flush=o,this.empty=function(){r.length=0},this.off=function(){t.forEach((t=>{const n=i[t];n&&(e[t]=n,delete i[t])}))},this.destroy=function(){this.off(),this.empty()}}n.d(t,{Z:()=>r})},4742:(e,t,n)=>{"use strict";n.d(t,{Z:()=>r});const r={debug:!1}},5191:(e,t,n)=>{"use strict";n.d(t,{R:()=>i,a:()=>r});const r=function(e){return e.slice&&"px"===e.slice(-2)&&(e=e.slice(0,-2)),e},i=function(e,t){if(-1===t.toString().indexOf("%"))return 0;if("string"!=typeof e||!e)return 0;if(/^\d*\. "s":""}, `:""):"")+(n?n+(n>=1?` minute${n>1? He allegedly admitted to having an interaction with the woman in her apartment building and said he didnt know her. )\.js/i.exec(e),n=(null==t?void 0:t[1])||e;return n&&"jwpsrv-dnt"===n? He informed the court he will be hiring an attorney to represent him as the case moves forward. A Thursday night rollover accident east of Minto (ND) has claimed the life of a 23-year old Grand Forks woman. The illegal kickbacks led to eye doctors filing more than 64,000 false claims. Sav Kelly joined the Grand Forks Herald in August 2022. Upon entering the hotel room, the GFNTF saw a possible snort tube or scoop with [drug] residue, the affidavit says. The North Dakota Patrol says the victim identified as Stephanie Jeane Cluever was a passenger in a car that crossed the centerline and struck a semi just before 11:30 a.m. Our new Privacy Policy will go into effect on January 1st, 2023. Discover your neighborhood's best match, anywhere. : NT|)? She is a 2018 graduate of the University of Idaho and has lived and worked in Grand Forks since 2019. Shilling was on supervised probation and therefore subject to searches, the affidavit says. (s=null!=i&&i.length?i[0]:o[0],a=a||"touch"):(s=t,a=a||"mouse");const{pageX:l,pageY:c}=s;return{type:e,pointerType:a,pageX:l,pageY:c,sourceEvent:t,currentTarget:n,target:r}})(t,n,r);e.trigger(t,i)},w=(e,t,n)=>{const{el:r}=e,{target:i}=n;e.trigger(t,{type:t,sourceEvent:n,currentTarget:r,target:i})},k=e=>{const t=e.ownerDocument||e;return t.defaultView||t.parentWindow||window},j=(e,t,n,r,i=m)=>{let o=e.handlers[t],s=e.options[t];if(o||(o=e.handlers[t]={},s=e.options[t]={}),o[n])throw new Error(`${t} ${n} already registered`);o[n]=r,s[n]=i;const{el:a}=e,l=t===d?k(a):a;l&&l.addEventListener(n,r,i)},C=e=>{const{el:t}=e;null!==e.pointerId&&(t.releasePointerCapture(e.pointerId),e.pointerId=null)},P=(e,t)=>{const{el:n,handlers:r,options:i}=e,o=t===d?k(n):n,s=r[t],a=i[t];s&&(Object.keys(s).forEach((e=>{const t=a[e];"boolean"==typeof t?o.removeEventListener(e,s[e],t):o.removeEventListener(e,s[e])})),r[t]=null,i[t]=null)},x=e=>! You go to a call that is something as simple as execution of civil paperwork, and it can turn very violent in a hurry. Your chance of being a victim of violent crime in Grand Forks is 1 in 342 and property crime is 1 in 39. A married couple took their boat onto Lake Superior for an anniversary cruise.